500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Zafer, I suggest you look for my last post in this game and ask yourself is it fair that millions of people lost the upgrades to their game, in order to play this one due to Anet’s decision.

Many people here would have preferred the planned Guild Wars 1 expansion to Guild Wars 2. Many feel this isn’t fair at all.

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

• Considering that it will take a new player 50-60 gameplay hours of GW1 to get their first 50 GW2 ’chieves, and that those are by far the easiest points to get, well… you can get more points for your time via farming repeatables in GW2.
  • You’re not being forced to play GW1 to remain competitive on the ‘chieverboard. Some people got a small head start via supporting Anet for years? Sure. Objectively is it that big of a deal? Nope. Don’t want to put in the effort to close the gap which can be as little as a week doing repeatables? I’m not so sure you’re all that competitive then.
  • As others have said, the simple fact that you can be completely locked out of points simply for not being able to play GW2 when they’re available prevents the system from being in any way a competitive measure.
  • For most people all this change has meant is that the years that went into filling their HoM has rewarded them with some new shiny via the reward system. And TBH I and many of the people I know were very disappointed by the quality of the HoM rewards once GW2 was released, most of them aren’t even worth the trouble of scrolling past them in the window to get to the few decent ones. I feel less disappointed over that now.
This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

Zafer, I suggest you look for my last post in this game and ask yourself is it fair that millions of people lost the upgrades to their game, in order to play this one due to Anet’s decision.

Many people here would have preferred the planned Guild Wars 1 expansion to Guild Wars 2. Many feel this isn’t fair at all.

care to elaborate? bet you have ‘many’ ‘many’ to back up what you stated….
coughs

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Please, please just let this thread die. Ye old dead horse has been beaten enough.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

care to elaborate? bet you have ‘many’ ‘many’ to back up what you stated….
coughs

There are many. Just look at these forums. Not everyone who liked Guild Wars 1 better than Guild Wars 2 is going to complain on the forums, but there are certainly enough people that feel that way.

That’s not to say most people, only many.

But my point is, and always has been, that this game replaced the upgrade Guild Wars 1 players would have gotten. It’s not the same game, true. But it DID directly replace the game that was canceled.

If you are a Guild Wars 1 fan, you lost countless content updates, because the company was working on Guild Wars 2. So the achievement point bonus is really that big, when you factor in the fact that the annouced expansion that Guild Wars 2 replaced never came out. I’m sure many would rather have that expansion.

I’m not one of them.

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

50 points per title from GW1 is NOT much. It could be even more if taken into count all troubles you’ve went to get them. First of all people bought GW1 bonus pack just to get advantages in GW2.

So now they get something for the money they paid.

Go buy GW1 play it get those irrelevant 500 points like other people did if it bothers you guys so much.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Common complaint is it affects the leader boards yes?

One of these is the solution:

1) remove the pve leader boards entirely
2) make the pve leader board show only people on your friends list and those in your guild

The pve leader board is and never will be fair as long as certain things are time limited that count towards it. Complaining about 500 ap that many of us unlocked years ago (not that we knew such a thing would ever exist) is moot beside the amount of points people will miss from live events if they continue on for several years.

Leader boards for s/t pvp and wvwvw make sense. It doesn’t for PvE.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Why do you guys care how much AP other people have or how we got it. If you really want to compete for AP just work harder. 500pts is barely any in the grand scheme of things. And many people who did play gw1 like me dont have the full 500. I only have 250 from HoM. There is no benefit to compete for AP other than friendly rivalry with friends. Which if you are moaning about your friends having more AP than you because they played gw1, you need to get a grip.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

And try getting 50 points – I can guarantee you that it’s almost like making a legendary if not harder.

And a legendary is worth 5 points, getting 5 legendaries is 25 points, against 500 for HoM…

The Legendary itself is the reward. Anyone just going for achievement points would not put that amount of time in for the points as they could take the money they would make off of the materials needed for the legendary and buy tons of other things to give them more achievement points.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Its simple, just remove the 500 Pts again, because nobody knew before the game came out that it would affect a leaderboard, its simple as that

Anet made a really big fail here.

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Its simple, just remove the 500 Pts again, because nobody knew before the game came out that it would affect a leaderboard, its simple as that

HoM existed before the leader boards. The entire issue here is a very few people think everyone else in the game should care about their place on the leader boards. Most people don’t. Most people probably don’t even know where to view it at.

The big fail here is people thinking the leader boards matter when they don’t.

Posted by: denny.8350

denny.8350

No…..

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

What I would really like to see is a poll that asks when the last time someone looked at the leaderboards was.

I’d put good money on most people not having looked at it since it released. lol

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

What I would really like to see is a poll that asks when the last time someone looked at the leaderboards was.

I’d put good money on most people not having looked at it since it released. lol

WvW leaderboards? Once a week

AP Leaderboards? Once or twice in its entirety?