500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

These leaderboards cause nothing but elitism and divide the community. I think with a game so focused on player cooperation, this leaderboard thing goes against every idea of players trying to do what’s best for each other and really means “What can I do for MYSELF To get up one more rank?”

Defeats the purpose. I think it should go.

Honestly, I haven’t seen ANY indication that the Leaderboards divide the community or cause elitisism. For example, Mesmers are still porting people around in Jumping Puzzles, if people were taking the Leaderboards so seriously and wanted to keep their place, Mesmers would’ve stopped porting people around (a “good” start towards elitisism)

Sorry, I don’t see it. The game is still exactly the same, with or without leaderboards.

So that’s why there’s 3 threads of people whining that GW1 players got something they didn’t get? Right.

Threads on the forums don’t reflect in any way or form what is going on in the actual game. How is having some whine threads makes you conclude that the game is full of elitisism is beyond me. If anything, those who act like elitists are those who want the Leaderboards to GO, not the other way around.

Posted by: Zero Tolerance.1539

Zero Tolerance.1539

No I can’t. If you want to be in top100 or higher 20 and 500 is exactly the same, gives an advantage to some players, why there were no complaints back then? Nobody ever cared about it and now that the number increased there is rage all over.

Look, then you’ll have to trust me on that. There’s a far bigger chance of catching up to the guy with 20pt difference, compared to 500. Take my word for it.

maddoctor.2738

No I can’t. If you want to be in top100 or higher 20 and 500 is exactly the same, gives an advantage to some players, why there were no complaints back then? Nobody ever cared about it and now that the number increased there is rage all over.

Look, then you’ll have to trust me on that. There’s a far bigger chance of catching up to the guy with 20pt difference, compared to 500. Take my word for it.

It’s still a difference and an advantage that nobody cared about. And 500 points is nothing if you really want to “compete” on the leaderboards and stay in the game for a lengthy amount of time. Oh wait, you want to “compete” on the leaderboards and quit the game in a few months?

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

LOL have fun in another game.

If ANet doesn’t reconsider soon – I will, thank you.

GW1 Players paid and played so we have gw2 as a result from that they deserve to be compenstated for being a loyal and helping fund this great game.

As weird as it sounds: they paid for playing GW1 and funded the GW1 infrastructure.
On the other hand, we all paid for GW2 and fund the GW2 infrastructure. Some people even support this game by buying Gems for real money, thus funding the development and continuation of the current game. And somehow I presume that ANet values current income over past purchases.

they deserve to be compenstated

They are: They have unique titles to show, unique skins to wear and unique pets to accompany them. Why distort the current competition by adding an incredible amount of points?

For a competitive leaderboard only those things you achieved in the current game should be taken into account. Thus if the competition is no longer a question of this game, there is little point continuing.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

These leaderboards cause nothing but elitism and divide the community. I think with a game so focused on player cooperation, this leaderboard thing goes against every idea of players trying to do what’s best for each other and really means “What can I do for MYSELF To get up one more rank?”

Honestly, I haven’t seen ANY indication that the Leaderboards divide the community or cause elitisism. For example, Mesmers are still porting people around in Jumping Puzzles, if people were taking the Leaderboards so seriously and wanted to keep their place, Mesmers would’ve stopped porting people around (a “good” start towards elitisism)

Sorry, I don’t see it. The game is still exactly the same, with or without leaderboards.

So that’s why there’s 3 threads of people whining that GW1 players got something they didn’t get? Right.

Threads on the forums don’t reflect in any way or form what is going on in the actual game. How is having some whine threads makes you conclude that the game is full of elitisism is beyond me. If anything, those who act like elitists are those who want the Leaderboards to GO, not the other way around.

So because I want a [useless] cause of drama to go away, I am suddenly elitist? I don’t have 10k+ achievements – I am in no way an elitist. Just because I don’t want to see my 8000 hours of GW1 efforts go to waste and Anet decided to reward me and you disagree, does not make me suddenly elitist.

TehPwnerer.7215

Even if someone was bumped ahead of you in these leaderboards, that just means he worked harder than you. I still fail to see the point.

Zero Tolerance.1539

All you GW1 hardcore players got rewarded already. In GW1 and in GW2. Adding to it at expense of GW2 players is a disgrace.

You’re entitled to your 500 pts for playing GW1 (on top of all the other rewards you already got)? WIll I get fully unlocked and geared account in GW1 if I go to play there? ‘Cos you know, I’m loyal and very supporting GW2 player, so I should be rewarded in GW1 for it, right?

maddoctor.2738

So because I want a [useless] cause of drama to go away, I am suddenly elitist? I don’t have 10k+ achievements – I am in no way an elitist. Just because I don’t want to see my 8000 hours of GW1 efforts go to waste and Anet decided to reward me and you disagree, does not make me suddenly elitist.

I guess I wasn’t clear. I was responding to this part:

These leaderboards cause nothing but elitism and divide the community

The only elitism and community division I see is on these FORUMS and these FORUMS alone, there is absolutely no change in player behaviour inside the game, leaderboards or no leaderboards, HoM points awarding 20, 500, 5000 or even 0 points. It’s still the same game and the same helpful community.

TehPwnerer.7215

For a competitive leaderboard only those things you achieved in the current game should be taken into account. Thus if the competition is no longer a question of this game, there is little point continuing.

If something this arbitrary would cause you to quit the game then really good riddance. And I’m sorry but I can’t just help but laugh when you say things like “Competitive leaderboard” based on achievement points. Lol.

And once again, if the players got bumped ahead of you because they put more work than you into something, I see no problem. They still had 20 more points than you would have had anyway. It’s just more noticeable now that it’s 500 and not 20.

Achievements are infinite. Work harder and earn your keep or go play your other game that you’re gonna play. Nobody likes a whiner, but people like quitters even less. So go ahead and quit since whatever Anet does next to satisfy anybody but you, I bet you’ll threaten to quit again.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think it was a mistake for Anet to raise these points…and I have 50/50 in my HoM.

By the same token, there’s no skill…or at least very little skill in achievements/achievement points in Guild Wars 2. Those who do dailies every day, most of which are quite easy, will have more achievement points than anyone else. Dedication isn’t skill.

The leaderboards, from this point of view, are meaningless.

TehPwnerer.7215

All you GW1 hardcore players got rewarded already. In GW1 and in GW2. Adding to it at expense of GW2 players is a disgrace.

You’re entitled to your 500 pts for playing GW1 (on top of all the other rewards you already got)? WIll I get fully unlocked and geared account in GW1 if I go to play there? ‘Cos you know, I’m loyal and very supporting GW2 player, so I should be rewarded in GW1 for it, right?

I want you to go try and get 50/50. I bet you wouldn’t make it to 10 points (and you get three for even having an account make it to the HoM in-game). Maybe then you’ll have some appreciation for what it took those players to get it.

TehPwnerer.7215

I think it was a mistake for Anet to raise these points…and I have 50/50 in my HoM.

By the same token, there’s no skill…or at least very little skill in achievements/achievement points in Guild Wars 2. Those who do dailies every day, most of which are quite easy, will have more achievement points than anyone else. Dedication isn’t skill.

I don’t agree that it was a mistake. As someone else who got 50/50 surely you think they’d be worth more than a measly 20 points? I do agree with the leaderboard being meaningless. Achievements in general I find are meaningless in GW2. You can not do a single achievement and just do dailys every day and monthly every month and eventually get every reward.

Zero Tolerance.1539

It’s still a difference and an advantage that nobody cared about. And 500 points is nothing if you really want to “compete” on the leaderboards and stay in the game for a lengthy amount of time. Oh wait, you want to “compete” on the leaderboards and quit the game in a few months?

Hard math I see. Anyone in top10 is in for the long run in this game. For all of us it is far easier to make up 20pts difference than 500. I do not expect anyone in top 10 to stop playing for the month. But I count on the unexpected to happen and them missing 2 days while I won’t. It is obvious, not sure why you not getting it.

Even if someone was bumped ahead of you in these leaderboards, that just means he worked harder than you. I still fail to see the point.

No, they didn’t work hard enough. ‘Cos I was ahead of them when they had 20pts or whatever. Now I’m not and they didn’t do anything to get that. They slacked in GW2 to the point that I got ahead of them. Now I’m kittened while they did nothing to deserve the ranking.

Vayne.8563

I don’t agree that it was a mistake. As someone else who got 50/50 surely you think they’d be worth more than a measly 20 points? I do agree with the leaderboard being meaningless. Achievements in general I find are meaningless in GW2. You can not do a single achievement and just do dailys every day and monthly every month and eventually get every reward.

It was a mistake for only one reason. You don’t go ahead and change the rules of the game halfway through the game without a stampede.

The problem is the instituted the leaderboard BEFORE this change. People put time and money to get to a certain place on the leaderboard and now, after months of doing every daily and getting every achievement they can, suddenly they’re lower through no fault of their own. It’s just not good policy.

If Anet had NOT raised this, very few people with HoM rewards would have said something or even noticed. It’s ancient history now. I got my skins, I still use some of them (but not most) and I got a few achievement points. It was completely off my radar.

It was a reward I haven’t seen people asking for, and one that was guaranteed to kitten of a percentage of players.

This is not well thought out.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You’re kinda right, actually. It was my understanding that you could no longer accrue HoM rewards unless you bought EotN before GW2 release, but if it’s still possible then implement a cutoff preventing any new HoMs being started. Problem solved. You will no longer have to worry about paying for APs.

You don’t have to worry about paying for APs anyway. 50 HoM points would mean several years of GW1 play. Lot of time spent in GW1 that wouldn’t be spent in GW2. It is much, much easier to get those points in GW2.
And if someone buys gw1, does the HoM unlocks, and yet has a time to go for every possible achievement in GW2? You will never catch up to such person anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

TehPwnerer.7215

Hard math I see. Anyone in top10 is in for the long run in this game. For all of us it is far easier to make up 20pts difference than 500. I do not expect anyone in top 10 to stop playing for the month. But I count on the unexpected to happen and them missing 2 days while I won’t. It is obvious, not sure why you not getting it.

No, they didn’t work hard enough. ‘Cos I was ahead of them when they had 20pts or whatever. Now I’m not and they didn’t do anything to get that. They slacked in GW2 to the point that I got ahead of them. Now I’m kittened while they did nothing to deserve the ranking.

To the first part: There is a guy in top 50 kittening in another thread about quitting the game if they don’t remove our HoM achievement points. So obviously something as stupid as this is something a top whatever player would quit over.

To the 2nd part, once again, go ahead and try GW1 – try to get even 10 points. Then come back to me once you fail or give up before 5. People who got bumped up by 500 points did 50/50 – not everyone got 50/50 and not everyone who got bumped up above you had 50/50.

So while you can blame HoM for your drop in a useless leaderboard, maybe you should take into account that others just work harder than you an get your rank back up you should work a bit harder yourself.

TehPwnerer.7215

You’re kinda right, actually. It was my understanding that you could no longer accrue HoM rewards unless you bought EotN before GW2 release, but if it’s still possible then implement a cutoff preventing any new HoMs being started. Problem solved. You will no longer have to worry about paying for APs.

You don’t have to worry about paying for APs anyway. 50 HoM points would mean several years of GW1 play. Lot of time spent in GW1 that wouldn’t be spent in GW2. It is much, much easier to get those points in GW2.
And if someone buys gw1, does the HoM unlocks, and yet has a time to go for every possible achievement in GW2? You will never catch up to such person anyway.

Exactly. The time that these guys are spending complaining on the forums can be used to acquire more AP. Also, yes, ANYBODY can go into GW1 at any point and get HoM points. It’s not locked.

Vayne.8563

I have thousands upon thousands. Why don’t you get there too and then come back talking kitten about being able to get as many as you want?

I have well over 8000 achievement points (even without the HoM stuff). It’s not hard to get achievement points in this game. The HoM stuff from Guild Wars 1 was way harder to get…but I still don’t think we should have been given more points. Or if they did this, it should have been done before leaderboards were introduced.

It’s a recipe for community division that is completely unnecessary.

If Anet gave me the choice, I’d disable my HoM points, because it’s not something worth dividing the community over.

Zero Tolerance.1539

I want you to go try and get 50/50. I bet you wouldn’t make it to 10 points (and you get three for even having an account make it to the HoM in-game). Maybe then you’ll have some appreciation for what it took those players to get it.

I’ve had 13k hours in GW1, 39/50 when I was ’’forced’’ to stop playing. Years ago as well, think it was before 6th bday of GW1. PvP match manipulation was a horrible idea….

TehPwnerer.7215

Nobody asked for them to raise the points. They felt it was worth their effort and rewarded them with an extra thank you for their time and effort in the previous installment of the GW Franchise.

The only people bringing it up are those bitter at the people who earned them and want their achievements removed because they don’t have as many points for doing less work.

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m done posting in these threads. For those of you quitting over this, enjoy whatever game you go to. The rest of you, see you in game. And thanks again to ArenaNet for rewarding the veteran players of your franchise!

Astralporing.1957

HoM was just a way to easily follow game progression in GW1 but people started looking at it as something which was supposed to guarantee them a better start in GW2.

Perhaps because it was advertised as exactly that from the day one. Remember, the information about HoM was given at the same time that GW2 was announced. In fact, HoM was supposed to be much more important in GW2 that it is now.

Also

If Anet gave me the choice, I’d disable my HoM points, because it’s not something worth dividing the community over.

If anet gave me a choice, I’d disable the Leaderboards, because they are not something worth dividing the community over. And we’ve seen people arguing about achievement points long before HoM points change.

Actions, not words.

TehPwnerer.7215

HoM was just a way to easily follow game progression in GW1 but people started looking at it as something which was supposed to guarantee them a better start in GW2.

Perhaps because it was advertised as exactly that from the day one. Remember, the information about HoM was given at the same time that GW2 was announced. In fact, HoM was supposed to be much more important in GW2 that it is now.

Also

If anet gave me a choice, I’d disable the Leaderboards, because they are not something worth dividing the community over. And we’ve seen people arguing about achievement points long before HoM points change.

This. Not to mention cosmetic skins give no “head start” to GW2… They talked up HoM to be much more rewarding than it turned out to be – especially for the amount of effort required to max it out.

Vayne.8563

Also

This. Not to mention cosmetic skins give no “head start” to GW2… They talked up HoM to be much more rewarding than it turned out to be – especially for the amount of effort required to max it out.

Actually they said way before Guild Wars 2 came out that the HoM skins would give you no advantage in Guild Wars 2. That was always said from day one. Why? Because why would anyone else want to play a game disadvantaged?

Why turn off the community coming to the game? They needed more than just Guild Wars 1 people to play this game.

So now, why give Guild Wars 1 people an advantage that affects the leaderboards. Let them keep the points but let it not affect the leaderboards and it would probably be fine.

TehPwnerer.7215

Also

Actually they said way before Guild Wars 2 came out that the HoM skins would give you no advantage in Guild Wars 2. That was always said from day one. Why? Because why would anyone else want to play a game disadvantaged?

Why turn off the community coming to the game? They needed more than just Guild Wars 1 people to play this game.

So now, why give Guild Wars 1 people an advantage that affects the leaderboards. Let them keep the points but let it not affect the leaderboards and it would probably be fine.

It was supposed to be more “rewarding” not “provide advantages”. Also putting SOME players ahead on the stupid leaderboard doesn’t provide any advantage. You still have no argument. HoM achievement points provide literally no advantage over players without it. Even if a few players were bumped up on the leaderboard because of the extra points. There’s still NO advantage to that.

Astralporing.1957

Ok once again. Less than I’d say 10% of all GW1 players even got 50/50.

Make that less than 10% for 30/50. 50/50 is definitely way less than 1%. Lot of whose are no longer playing GW2. And lot of the remaining ones do not have enough GW2 achievement points to end up in numbered places on Leaderboards anyway.
And if they are high on leaderboards, it’s because they worked very hard for it, and definitely deserved it.

If there’s a problem anywhere, it’s in Leaderboards, not in HoM. And in mentality of some people.

By the way – from what i have seen, some of the living story achievements got bumped as well. They can’t be done anymore. And yet i see noone raising hell about it.

Actions, not words.

Vayne.8563

Also

It was supposed to be more “rewarding” not “provide advantages”. Also putting SOME players ahead on the stupid leaderboard doesn’t provide any advantage. You still have no argument. HoM achievement points provide literally no advantage over players without it. Even if a few players were bumped up on the leaderboard because of the extra points. There’s still NO advantage to that.

How was it supposed to be “more rewarding”. They told you exactly what you got and you worked for those things. It’s EXACTLY as rewarding as it was supposed to be. What you were getting was displayed in detail. You knew what to do to get those things. Nothing else was guaranteed or promised. You got what you were told you would get. Period. There your argument is weakest.

You can argue if you want that you think you deserved more, but if that’s the case you should have been arguing that all along.

As for the Leaderboards they mean nothing to you. So don’t be on them. But for those who fight to keep their place (and I assure you those people exist), they mean something.

Whether they mean something to any individual personally or not is completely irrelevant.

TehPwnerer.7215

Make that less than 10% for 30/50. 50/50 is definitely way less than 1%. Lot of whose are no longer playing GW2. And lot of the remaining ones do not have enough GW2 achievement points to end up in numbered places on Leaderboards anyway.
And if they are high on leaderboards, it’s because they worked very hard for it, and definitely deserved it.

If there’s a problem anywhere, it’s in Leaderboards, not in HoM. And in mentality of some people.

By the way – from what i have seen, some of the living story achievements got bumped as well. They can’t be done anymore. And yet i see noone raising hell about it.

This should be the last post of this thread. Very well said and great point.

Vayne.8563

It should be the last post in the thread because you agree with it? LMAO

The problem is that Anet changed something that no one was asking them to change thus causing a problem. There wasn’t any real reason to change it. Now that they have, people are understandably mad.

I don’t see why you can’t see that those who care about leaderboards have a legit point.

TehPwnerer.7215

All I meant by that comment was that for the time investment and effort involved in achieving 30/50 or 50/50 players could have been rewarded with more stuff – even if it was just GW1 related. What I said in the text that you quoted from me had nothing to do with the current discussion. Any one of my posts in this or the other 2 threads about this issue will tell you my exact thoughts on the subject but I am going to enjoy the game and not continue to post here.

This thread has run its course. As someone mentioned in another thread, Living story achievments got boosted up too. Better make a thread about that too, right? Have a fun time in GW2. Try not to be too upset that others have stuff you don’t.

TehPwnerer.7215

The problem is that Anet changed something that no one was asking them to change thus causing a problem. There wasn’t any real reason to change it. Now that they have, people are understandably mad.

I don’t see why you can’t see that those who care about leaderboards have a legit point.

Because I’m tired of you and the other two whiners carrying on stomping on the ground pouting that others have stuff you don’t. Get over it. If they suddenly removed the stupid, pointless leaderboard you wouldn’t give 2 craps about others having these achievements. Stop trying to reward the achievements of others because you’re greedy and envious.

Like I said in the other thread, I am done discussing this. Enjoy the game. I will enjoy being rewarded for what I did in the previous game. Sorry it makes your back side hurt. Well, not really sorry, but you know…

Astralporing.1957

How was it supposed to be “more rewarding”. They told you exactly what you got and you worked for those things. It’s EXACTLY as rewarding as it was supposed to be.

HoM calculator appeared very, very late. Even then, most info suggested that the armor and weapons listed on it would not be just skins, but top tier eq (no better than anything you could get in game, and thus offering no advantage). HoM was supposed to be a big location in GW2, with instance similar to gw1, that would allow you to show off your gw1 accomplishments to friends. In fact, i distinctly remember one of devs mentioning that reaching HoM would be a major point of personal story in GW2.

And of course original concepts for HoM, way before calculator, suggested even more.

Actions, not words.

TehPwnerer.7215

How was it supposed to be “more rewarding”. They told you exactly what you got and you worked for those things. It’s EXACTLY as rewarding as it was supposed to be.

HoM calculator appeared very, very late. Even then, most info suggested that the armor and weapons listed on it would not be just skins, but top tier eq (no better than anything you could get in game, and thus offering no advantage). HoM was supposed to be a big location in GW2, with instance similar to gw1, that would allow you to show off your gw1 accomplishments to friends. In fact, i distinctly remember one of devs mentioning that reaching HoM would be a major point of personal story in GW2.

And of course original concepts for HoM, way before calculator, suggested even more.

I remember that as well. Maybe they forgot about all that?

Vayne.8563

Because I’m tired of you and the other two whiners carrying on stomping on the ground pouting that others have stuff you don’t. Get over it. Like I said in the other thread, I am done discussing this. Enjoy the game. I will enjoy being rewarded for what I did in the previous game. Sorry it makes your back side hurt.

Me and the other two whiners. OMFG hahahaha.

1. I have 50/50 in my HoM and the GWAMM title. I have a legendary weapon. I’ve never complained on this forum about something I didn’t get.

2. The only one whining here is you. You’re been given an unfair advantage on the leaderboards and you can’t see that it’s an unfair advantage. I’ve been given that same advantage and I’m saying it’s unfair. In what world is that whining.

3. You apparently aren’t able to separate what’s fair from the objective point of view to people who are already playing a game from your own sense of what you think you personally deserve. That’s not a problem with the game or even the other people “whining”. You’re coming off as very entitled.

If Guild Wars 1 fans weren’t getting enough for being Guild Wars 1 fans, you’d think there’d be some heavy debate about it before this on these forums.

Vayne.8563

All I meant by that comment was that for the time investment and effort involved in achieving 30/50 or 50/50 players could have been rewarded with more stuff – even if it was just GW1 related. What I said in the text that you quoted from me had nothing to do with the current discussion. Any one of my posts in this or the other 2 threads about this issue will tell you my exact thoughts on the subject but I am going to enjoy the game and not continue to post here.

This thread has run its course. As someone mentioned in another thread, Living story achievments got boosted up too. Better make a thread about that too, right? Have a fun time in GW2. Try not to be too upset that others have stuff you don’t.

What is it that others have that I don’t. I have 50/50 in my HoM and I daresay I have more achievement points than you do and I don’t care about them. At all. I simply acknowledge the fact that others can care about them.

The fact that you’ve now repeated that I’m whining about stuff I don’t have in two different threads shows your lack of attention to what’s actually being said.

Easy enough to look up my points in the HoM if you don’t believe me.

Zero Tolerance.1539

Meh, why talking about stuff that doesn’t interest you or holds no importance for you? Let me shed some light into that confusing issue with other points. None of AP leaderboard top players complains about other point boosts, because all of them got all those points and all are equally boosted now. And if they didn’t get them, they know it was their fault ’cos they all had equal chance to get them.

Zero Tolerance.1539

Think she/he said he’s around 7k. That’s not really making any leaderboards.

Vayne.8563

Well I’m at 356 on the Leaderboards now and I had been over 500. It seems like a very big jump for me considering that the work I did to get this was all done years ago.

I’m still wondering in what world is this fair.

Astralporing.1957

If Guild Wars 1 fans weren’t getting enough for being Guild Wars 1 fans, you’d think there’d be some heavy debate about it before this on these forums.

There was a lot of debates about Anet abandoning the GW1 community that allowed the game to be even made. I for one i am glad that at least to some degree they still remember (even if not in the most important cases).

Well I’m at 356 on the Leaderboards now and I had been over 500. It seems like a very big jump for me considering that the work I did to get this was all done years ago.

Untrue. If all that work has been done years ago, you would not make neither rank 356, nor 500, nor any significant number of achievement points. You don’t get 9k points for nothing.
And remember, that the whole argument is only about those who already had enough points to be on numbered places or very close. About people that put a lot of effort in this game.

And as far as Anet making changes nobody asked them about, i find it ironic that usually you’re the one that defends them and me that attacks them.

Is it because this time far less people are concerned with this change than usual?

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

We earned those points, go get some in gw1 if you are jealous.

TehPwnerer.7215

This has nothing to do with entitlement. You guys are the ones kittening. I’m just defending the fact that we shouldn’t have points revoked because you guys didn’t play GW1 – which is an achievement category Anet decided to include in GW2.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

You’re right, for ALL of those HoM points we got it should be well worth more than 500 AP. Wanna stay competitive? Then buy GW1, you don’t see new comers complaining about leaderboards because they’ll NEVER catch up.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

OP is a hypocrite.

If he really wanted a fair shake for the GW2 leaderboards, he’d be advocating the removal of all Daily AP rewards as well. He’s only complaining for the benefit of his bruised ego.

At least everybody has the option to buy or work on GW1 for these points. No player can go back and get daily APs that they missed. Frankly, the only reason the OP was that highly ranked in the first place, was simply because he worked on this daily APs earlier than those below him. Nothing more.

GW1 rewards were intended to be part of GW2 from the start. 2 AP points per title track was by far too little. This is a rebalance. It’s more than fair.

TehPwnerer.7215

OP is a hypocrite.

If he really wanted a fair shake for the GW2 leaderboards, he’d be advocating the removal of all Daily AP rewards as well. He’s only complaining for the benefit of his bruised ego.

At least everybody has the option to buy or work on GW1 for these points. No player can go back and get daily APs that they missed. Frankly, the only reason the OP was that highly ranked in the first place, was simply because he worked on this daily APs earlier than those below him. Nothing more.

GW1 rewards were intended to be part of GW2 from the start. 2 AP points per title track was by far too little. This is a rebalance. It’s more than fair.

Agreed.

Vayne.8563

There was a lot of debates about Anet abandoning the GW1 community that allowed the game to be even made. I for one i am glad that at least to some degree they still remember (even if not in the most important cases).

Untrue. If all that work has been done years ago, you would not make neither rank 356, nor 500, nor any significant number of achievement points. You don’t get 9k points for nothing.
And remember, that the whole argument is only about those who already had enough points to be on numbered places or very close. About people that put a lot of effort in this game.

And as far as Anet making changes nobody asked them about, i find it ironic that usually you’re the one that defends them and me that attacks them.

Is it because this time far less people are concerned with this change than usual?

I’ve always been of the opinion that this game has some flaws and that it has a long way to go to become a great game. It’s a good game…with a lot of potential. I’ve never said Anet was perfect. And I always advocate balance and fairness. That’s what I’m about, more than taking sides.

Honestly I can see your point of view, but I can also see the point of view of people who didn’t expect this at all. It was off everyone’s radar.

I’d normally be quite happy with getting extra achievement points for something I did a couple of years ago…but not at the expense of dividing the community.

To me communities make games..and this particular community is divided enough. Are those points so significant that it’s worth the fall out?

Not in my opinion.

Vayne.8563

This has nothing to do with entitlement. You guys are the ones kittening. I’m just defending the fact that we shouldn’t have points revoked because you guys didn’t play GW1 – which is an achievement category Anet decided to include in GW2.

What have I kittened about? Tell me, I’m interested.

I have the points. All of them. I have 50/50 in my HoM. What didn’t I get? Tell me, I’m interested.

Vayne.8563

I agree that dailies and monthlies should be removed from the leaderboards too. And I have all of them.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Are you kidding, this bothers you but the fact dailies give way too many AP doesn’t? A full completed daily should reward 2 points at most, doing a daily isn’t some big deal and no one will ever be able to get on the level of people that did them since day 1. Pretty fair, right? At least you CAN go play GW1 and get those points.

ANet have no clue how an MMO achievement system should work though, and while I understand your frustration they will do nothing but make it worse for you down the line I’m sure.

That silly quote keeps echoing in my head “we don’t make grindy games” yet you are literally required, from day 1, to do every single daily task to get max AP. Lol it’s obvious they have no idea how an MMO should function, too bad no one on their dev team played an MMO before.

Btw 500 points is nothing compared to the daily issue mentioned.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Astralporing.1957

To me communities make games..and this particular community is divided enough. Are those points so significant that it’s worth the fall out?

Not in my opinion.

Ah, you see now my point about ascended eq. Except, of course, the fallout about HoM is nothing compared to the November 15th debacle and it has truly divided the community, and to a far, far greater degree. With a much more serious impact on the game itself (which is not hard, because HoM points have exactly zero impact on the game as it is).

Actions, not words.

Vayne.8563

Not in my opinion.

Ah, you see now my point about ascended eq. Except, of course, the fallout about HoM is nothing compared to the November 15th debacle and it has truly divided the community, and to a far, far greater degree. With a much more serious impact on the game itself (which is not hard, because HoM points have exactly zero impact on the game as it is).

Yeah I hated the descended stuff too…not necessarily in practice but in what it did to the community. We need a bit of unity and we need design decisions that foster unity. I begin to wonder if such decisions even exist.