500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

All this is is just a bunch of “waaahhh someone has something i don’t! I don’t want to get it for myself so please remove it from them instead!”.

If you have time to get to 9-10k+, you have time to get these hom points yourself. If you don’t want to do that then shut up and face the fact that your worthless achievement score(and yes, it IS a completely worthless number in the end) will never be the #1.

Agreed. I’m also gonna stop post in these threads. Anet isn’t gonna hear this whining and take away from the players that got them this far. Peace all, good luck on your future achievement grinding to get back up on the leaderboards. I mean that genuinely, too.

The two people above me posted pure brilliance. +1’d

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Posted by: Zero Tolerance.1539

Zero Tolerance.1539

When they introduced AP leaderboards they made it a competition. Giving ton of points to ppl who just played some other game is like giving points advantage to sportsmen just cos they played in a different league.

It is wrong. All competition should be based on equal starting point. There is no equality in this case. Can’t go back to GW1 and get those points now. And if you can, it is going to be far harder than it was for people who got them in times when GW1 was actually full of players.

It’s a huge deal for any 9k+ AP player, and I’m pretty sure there are very few if any 9k+ AP players who do not feel like AP is a competition, and feel cheated now.

Why ANET wants me to go away from their game where I spend money regularly? What’s the point? Give me 500 AP GW1 pack in the shop, for the price of the game, I’ll buy it straight away.

This change should be reverted ASAP, or take down kitten AP leaderboards. Then go to school and learn how your mates are not getting 5 points advantage in whatever sport you play there just ’cos they played that sport outside of school.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

To those claiming that the skins are good enough: they aren’t. There is no prestige involved in the skins (except for 25-30 which were actually hard to obtain) which anyone could have gotten 5 months into the game. The time it took to invest 50/50 was immensely satisfying, yet you see another Champion Of The Gods title nearly everywhere you go. I feel that this minor boost (yes, minor) gives some leeway to those of us who dedicated our time to the original game. When I logged in after the patch, I found myself caught up to my friends who had only finished more dailies and nothing else than I (now we’re all around 7000 AP).

I hope they don’t revert this. I really do.

TehPwnerer.7215

To those claiming that the skins are good enough: they aren’t. There is no prestige involved in the skins (except for 25-30 which were actually hard to obtain) which anyone could have gotten 5 months into the game. The time it took to invest 50/50 was immensely satisfying, yet you see another Champion Of The Gods title nearly everywhere you go. I feel that this minor boost (yes, minor) gives some leeway to those of us who dedicated our time to the original game. When I logged in after the patch, I found myself caught up to my friends who had only finished more dailies and nothing else than I (now we’re all around 7000 AP).

I hope they don’t revert this. I really do.

They won’t revert it. It’s been boosted to reward GW1 player loyalty. Just because the achievement leaderboard hunters are whining doesn’t mean that they are going to remove the boost to people who put 1000s of hours into GW1.

Zero Tolerance.1539

1000s og hours in GW1 has nothing to do with GW2. You got your skins, nicks and titles. That’s more then enough.

You did not play GW2 hard enough to deserve 500 point boosts on the board out of nowhere. Ppl who did play for the ranking got screwed and it is simply unfair to base any competition score on some past games.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

It’s 500 points, max. You can get as many points as you want in this game, thousands upon thousands.

Get over it.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Zero Tolerance.1539

I have thousands upon thousands. Why don’t you get there too and then come back talking kitten about being able to get as many as you want?

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Are you implying that I’m not already there? Most of this junk is from dailies/monthlies and the events.

I am lost for words as to how people can complain about this. 500 points is NOTHING.

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

TehPwnerer.7215

1000s og hours in GW1 has nothing to do with GW2. You got your skins, nicks and titles. That’s more then enough.

You did not play GW2 hard enough to deserve 500 point boosts on the board out of nowhere. Ppl who did play for the ranking got screwed and it is simply unfair to base any competition score on some past games.

There is nothing you can do currently in GW2 that demands the same work, time, effort, or money that GW1 HoM 50/50 took. It took people thousands of hours over several years to get 50/50.

Work hard and earn your super leet spot on the achievement leaderboard since it’s that important to you – but don’t try to take rewards from other people who worked kitten other stuff that Anet decides to reward from their loyalty..

TehPwnerer.7215

I agree Zero – they need to take down the leaderboards. The leaderboards achieve nothing and cause nothing but whining when certain people get stuff that others didn’t earn.

Zero Tolerance.1539

Are you implying that I’m not already there? Most of this junk is from dailies/monthlies and the events.

I am lost for words as to how people can complain about this. 500 points is NOTHING.

Yeah, that’s what I’m implying. You not even making it on the EU board. So, go do your dailies, get easily 500 and guess what.. With another 500 you’d barely make the bottom of the board.

(edited by Zero Tolerance.1539)

Zero Tolerance.1539

Work hard and earn your super leet spot on the achievement leaderboard since it’s that important to you – but don’t try to take rewards from other people who worked kitten other stuff that Anet decides to reward from their loyalty..

Loyalty, please? Measured how? Why don’t they give me points for every euro I spent on the game. Trust me, I wouldn’t complain about 500 then.
Playing another game for years has nothing to do with leaderboards for this game. And loyalty for business is measured by investment in it. I am not getting rewarded for the cash I spend, so….

Posted by: Somafied.5319

Somafied.5319

I for one am quite annoyed, having played the points for months. Starting in October just to get a spot in the top 1k barely a month ago. After hitting 700 im am back to 90% in a day. Its one thing to value your loyal customers. Its quite another to shun your existing ones.

Is my playtime and loyalty to GW2 not appreciated because i didn’t play gw1?

And also what is the point of having leader boards if you’re gonna change the score as you wish. First with hobby dungeon and agent of entropy and now this.

And on a final note. If you will observe the scores between US and EU are now more even. Is this even necessary?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

You still can play gw1 for it kitten … My 50 points took over 1000 hours of pure time to manage so 500 AP alongside titles and skins are ok. Thx Anet for rewarding our loyalty:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I am a long time GW1 player (2005-2013).

Despite that, perhaps even because of it, I tend to agree with those opposed to large sums of APs being awarded in GW2 for GW1 achievements.

I fully support the idea of rewards for those, such as myself, who pursued HOM titles specifically because we were told they would provide us with titles, cosmetic options, pets, etc in GW2. These unique rewards were promised and delivered upon. They provide us with a link between our time spent in GW1 and our characters in GW2.

Having those rewards provide an advantage in any form of competition in GW2 cheapens both the GW1 rewards as well as the GW2 AP competition.

The rewards themselves are cheapened because they now go beyond the spirit of a thank you from the company whose game we devoted so many hours playing and instead have retroactively tainted a friendly competition in this game.

The GW2 AP competition is cheapened because success is now influenced by money spent in another game. Any time a referee of a competition tells a competitor, “hey, thanks for that cash you slipped me, I’m just going to let you win,” the spirit of the competition is ruined.

TehPwnerer.7215

How is increasing achievement points for HoM shunning existing players? I’ve played GW2 since closed beta, GW1 since launch day. I in no way feel shunned by other players having more achievement points than I do (7k by the way).

I’m not sure what the problem is. It’s an achievement category in GW2. Just because you didn’t play GW1 doesn’t mean the HoM category in the GW2 achievement list suddenly doesn’t exist.

If you want the achievements that bad, buy the game and spend a couple thousand hours getting the 50/50..

AGAIN NOT TO MENTION
A VERY SMALL percentage of all GW1 players actually went all the way to 50/50… Most didn’t even make it to 30, let alone 50. Stop complaining.

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

This is ridiculous. I’m all for rewarding cosmetic items and non game affecting items as a long time player. You’re already getting cool weapon skins, when I first saw the sword and dagger skins I wanted them so badly. Just to find out they were exclusive items to those who played EotN which is perfectly fine. Not to mention you get the best game titles in the game currently available which is also fine. Exclusive pets, sure why not.

But getting something that directly impacts the game which has no relation with GW2 to begin with it is NOT ok. It’s two completely different games, mmos on top of it and they should not give any direct game impacting rewards with each other.
You guys bought the game because it looked like fun and you wanted to enjoy it. You didn’t buy it to ‘support’ Anet and being a ‘loyal’ player. You’ve played the game and enjoyed it. Just as I bought GW2 because it looked awesome and wanted to play it. I didn’t buy GW2 because I wanted to support Anet nor because I was a ‘loyal’ player that has played the previous titles so I had to buy GW2. So the whole loyalty argument some are putting up is just due to greed as it is unreasonable.

What’s next? Being able to convert your GW1 money to GW2? Or maybe transfer your characters from GW1 to GW2 and make them instant level 80s?
Or rewarding forum users for being ‘loyal’ for providing feedback and discussions, so every 1000 posts will give you 1000 achievement points. Or how about the ‘loyal’ gemstore spender? Every 500$ you spend, you’ll get 5000 achievement points for being loyal to the game.

No, some of the mentality from the people here are disgusting as it’s only greed and so far no one has actually provided a reasonable counterargument as to why it isn’t.

TehPwnerer.7215

I’ve played GW2 since closed beta, GW1 since launch day. I in no way feel shunned by other players having more achievement points than I do (7k by the way).

I’m not sure what the problem is. It’s an achievement category in GW2. Just because you didn’t play GW1 doesn’t mean the HoM category in the GW2 achievement list suddenly doesn’t exist.

If you want the achievements that bad, buy the game and spend a couple thousand hours getting the 50/50..

AGAIN NOT TO MENTION
A VERY SMALL percentage of all GW1 players actually went all the way to 50/50… Most didn’t even make it to 30, let alone 50. Stop complaining.

TehPwnerer.7215

This is ridiculous. I’m all for rewarding cosmetic items and non game affecting items as a long time player. You’re already getting cool weapon skins, when I first saw the sword and dagger skins I wanted them so badly. Just to find out they were exclusive items to those who played EotN which is perfectly fine. Not to mention you get the best game titles in the game currently available which is also fine. Exclusive pets, sure why not.

But getting something that directly impacts the game which has no relation with GW2 to begin with it is NOT ok. It’s two completely different games, mmos on top of it and they should not give any direct game impacting rewards with each other.
You guys bought the game because it looked like fun and you wanted to enjoy it. You didn’t buy it to ‘support’ Anet and being a ‘loyal’ player. You’ve played the game and enjoyed it. Just as I bought GW2 because it looked awesome and wanted to play it. I didn’t buy GW2 because I wanted to support Anet nor because I was a ‘loyal’ player that has played the previous titles so I had to buy GW2. So the whole loyalty argument some are putting up is just due to greed as it is unreasonable.

What’s next? Being able to convert your GW1 money to GW2? Or maybe transfer your characters from GW1 to GW2 and make them instant level 80s?
Or rewarding forum users for being ‘loyal’ for providing feedback and discussions, so every 1000 posts will give you 1000 achievement points. Or how about the ‘loyal’ gemstore spender? Every 500$ you spend, you’ll get 5000 achievement points for being loyal to the game.

No, some of the mentality from the people here are disgusting as it’s only greed and so far no one has actually provided a reasonable counterargument as to why it isn’t.

Read my previous post. Achievement points don’t have an effect on the game. Speaking of greed, you’re talking about taking away 1000s of hours of players efforts because you got bumped down a few slots on a useless leaderboard. Get the kitten over yourself.

And since you likely won’t read my previous post, again I will say – it’s an achievement category in the GW2 achievements interface. Why is that specific section suddenly not valid according to you – whereas the last 7 months it was fine? ArenaNet decided to reward loyal players who put time and effort into GW1. It’s been like this since BETA. Learn to deal with it.

Posted by: Janzert.2507

Janzert.2507

From what I recall Anet saying pre-launch and what the gw1 wiki still says “The bonuses are not intended to confer a significant advantage for original Guild Wars players over those new to the Guild Wars games”.

With this change it effectively gives gw1 players an instant 2 gold, 1% magic find and all the other rewards from the first 2 ap chests. But more importantly to me a permanent 500 point advantage on the leaderboards which for most of the leaderboard is well over 100 ranks difference. It just gives too much weight to something that is a separate activity from gw2.

Janzert.2507

Achievement points don’t have an effect on the game.

Since ANet has chosen to make the leaderboard based on AP they in some ways, and for many players, have made them the most important measure from the game.

TehPwnerer.7215

From what I recall Anet saying pre-launch and what the gw1 wiki still says “The bonuses are not intended to confer a significant advantage for original Guild Wars players over those new to the Guild Wars games”.

With this change it effectively gives gw1 players an instant 2 gold, 1% magic find and all the other rewards from the first 2 ap chests. But more importantly to me a permanent 500 point advantage on the leaderboards which for most of the leaderboard is well over 100 ranks difference. It just gives too much weight to something that is a separate activity from gw2.

Achievement points in GW2 are infinite.. you can earn infinite achievement points with daily and monthly rewards. 500 points in the long term is no significant factor. In fact I bet by the time I even see my final set of rewards (7000 at the time of this posting) you will probably have 500 more achievement points to compensate for this.

And really? You think 1g is an advantage? Spend 10m and run CoF P1 and there – even play field again.

TehPwnerer.7215

Achievement points don’t have an effect on the game.

Since ANet has chosen to make the leaderboard based on AP they in some ways, and for many players, have made them the most important measure from the game.

Ok so my statement doesn’t change. Having a leaderboard (one that awards nothing but kitten, by the way) has no effect on the game.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Achievement points don’t offer an advantage, pretty much cosmetic. I don’t see a problem with this. I am a former gw1 player, so I might be a bit bias though.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Please explain how that is an advantage? Are they better players than you now? Do they do more damage? Are they more prestige than you are? Can they fly or teleport to their destination instantly? Do they have insta-kill weapons?

The answer to all of that, is no.

thus, no advantage. The leaderboards do not make you a better player.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

Leaderboards in this game should only award points for playing this game.

I just put it simple: If the AP gained from another game are not reduced back to their previous annoying, but rather insignificant 20 points (or better reduced to 0), I will go play another game – and none from ANet to be sure at that.

Somafied.5319

Mkalafut. Since you obviously do not care. and were not in the top thousand to begin with. I do not expect you to know how i feel. however because you do not care, please do not forget that there are other people who do.

the point that I was trying to make is not about GW1 players receiving a bonus for their hours of gameplay. But the fact that they can receive a bonus that does not negatively impact other players. i can respect that you do not consider this a negative impact. but the point i am trying to make is that they can make one group of people happy without stepping on the toes of another group.

the point that I’m trying to make is that i think this idea to reward and encourage loyalty is LAZY and possibly counter productive.

because they obviously upset people who care, and it seems people who were rewarded like mkalafut feel it is an insignificant reward.

my other point is that I feel in the large scale this accomplishes nothing but evens the boards between NA and EU.

(edited by Somafied.5319)

Posted by: Unknown.3672

Unknown.3672

Leaderboards in this game should only award points for playing this game.

I just put it simple: If the AP gained from another game are not reduced back to their previous annoying, but rather insignificant 20 points (or better reduced to 0), I will go play another game – and none from ANet to be sure at that.

LOL have fun in another game. ( GW1 Players paid and played so we have gw2 as a result from that they deserve to be compenstated for being a loyal and helping fund this great game. I dont have any of those achievement points its not a big deal at all.

(edited by Unknown.3672)

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

and this is a good example of why the achievement leader boards should be removed. ASAP

Before this change I was around rank 30 in EU. After it I’m more like rank 50. Why? Because apparently doing things in another game is relevant to this game. I played GW1 and supported Anet by buying that game and expansions – I just did not play it as long as some people. I would prefer there to be absolutely no achievement points based on GW1 – period.

It is a different game. Why do they want AP hunters to log off GW2 and go play GW1 again? Because at this rate, when I have nothing else to do as is often the case… I will go and play that game where Gems are not on offer… thereby I shall not be paying Anet any more… it is totally illogical from a business model point of view.

I started from the beginning in GW2 – we already have to put up with that arrogant “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” title that spams the screen everywhere you look… for heaven’s sake why now this extra link in the form of Achievement Points?

If I had known in advance that a player’s time spent in another game was going to be relevant to ranking in this game I would not have tried so hard to get to the top… this is a real kick in the teeth to the really hardcore AP hunters out there who just didn’t play GW1 enough to get that totally unfair whack of APs.

The strong ill-feeling that this has generated is in no way warranted by the “happy feeling” that may be gained by players who gain lots of APs from this update.

If you agree with any of this, please add your views below and support a call to have the GW1 Achievement Point change revoked asap.

TehPwnerer.7215

Mkalafut. Since you obviously do not care. and were not in the top thousand to begin with. I do not expect you to know how i feel. however because you do not care, please do not forget that there are other people who do.

the point that I was trying to make is not about GW1 players receiving a bonus for their hours of gameplay. But the fact that they can receive a bonus that does not negatively impact other players. i can respect that you do not consider this a negative impact. but the point i am trying to make is that they can make one group of people happy without stepping on the toes of another group.

the point that I’m trying to make is that i think this idea to reward and encourage loyalty is LAZY and possibly counter productive.

because they obviously upset people who care, and it seems people who were rewarded like mkalafut feel it is an insignificant reward.

my other point is that I feel in the large scale this accomplishes nothing but evens the boards between NA and EU.

Ok once again. Less than I’d say 10% of all GW1 players even got 50/50. I did, and I still only have 7,000 achievement points. I play this game to have fun and PvE / WvW – not to get as many useless numbers next to my name as possible.

It’s an achievement category in the game. If you want to get them, get them – but don’t cry that others have them and you refuse to get them. I’d be curious to see how many people actually got boosted up substantially from just HoM. Because, once again, not a lot got 50/50 – most stopped at 30 or less.

And again, again, again, more than just HoM points were increased for this patch. So while you can cry all you want at the GW1 players, there are many more factors that went into someone getting a spot higher than you on the useless leaderboard.

Funniest thing is that if Anet decided to remove the leaderboard tomorrow, none of you would be trying to take hard earned achievements away from others. Funny how that works, isn’t it?

Janzert.2507

Achievement points in GW2 are infinite.. you can earn infinite achievement points with daily and monthly rewards. 500 points in the long term is no significant factor. In fact I bet by the time I even see my final set of rewards (7000 at the time of this posting) you will probably have 500 more achievement points to compensate for this.

Yes, dailies and monthlies are inflating the AP pool by about 19 points a day. So all the gw1 players can take a break for the month of February.

And really? You think 1g is an advantage? Spend 10m and run CoF P1 and there – even play field again.

As an established player 1 or 2 gold is not quite insignificant but no not a game advantage. As a beginner though I clearly remember 2 gold being quite significant (e.g. my first character was into his 70’s before I could buy the 2g lvl 60 training manual).

TehPwnerer.7215

Again Deimos Tel Arin, I support your (and likely others’) idea to remove the leaderboard entirely.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I have no problem with ANet rewarding their loyal customers.

The reward is not unreasonable.

I played GW1 for 2 weeks and have respect for those who stuck with it for so long. Take that anyway you want.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

TehPwnerer.7215

Yes, dailies and monthlies are inflating the AP pool by about 19 points a day. So all the gw1 players can take a break for the month of February.

As an established player 1 or 2 gold is not quite insignificant but no not a game advantage. As a beginner though I clearly remember 2 gold being quite significant (e.g. my first character was into his 70’s before I could buy the 2g lvl 60 training manual).

The people complaining about this have over 10,000 achievement points. I doubt they are going to lose sleep over 1g. That’s who the comment was aimed towards.

TehPwnerer.7215

I played GW1 for 2 weeks and have respect for those who stuck with it for so long. Take that anyway you want.

Props to you. Care to share your thoughts in the other threads?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Survey-Remove-Achievement-Leaderboards/first#post2382384
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/500-AP-for-GW1-Hall-of-Monuments-Intended/page/2#post2382387

Somafied.5319

i dont really care if they remove it as well. however you detract from the point. That this is not about GW1 and GW2 or GWAMM. the point is that this boost accomplishes nothing significantly good. As you have pointed out the points are like ‘whose line is it anyway?’ – insignificant.

It is not about the points but people place in the leaderboard which people felt was significant. And not everybody wants to play on that, i didn’t for many games, but decided to for this. If you are not aware being in the top 1000 position is a commitment.

i am annoyed with this move because it does not make sense. i do not have any issue with gw1 players and people who are happy with this. to an extent, i agree with u guys and the above posts to the effect that if they are going to give and remove points at their whim, they MIGHT AS WELL remove the leaderboard.

dont keep score if u haven’t decided the rules.

(edited by Somafied.5319)

Blackwyn.8127

Read my previous post. Achievement points don’t have an effect on the game. Speaking of greed, you’re talking about taking away 1000s of hours of players efforts because you got bumped down a few slots on a useless leaderboard. Get the kitten over yourself.

And since you likely won’t read my previous post, again I will say – it’s an achievement category in the GW2 achievements interface. Why is that specific section suddenly not valid according to you – whereas the last 7 months it was fine? ArenaNet decided to reward loyal players who put time and effort into GW1. It’s been like this since BETA. Learn to deal with it.

1. Achievement points do have a direct impact on players that take it seriously. As weird as it may sound to you, when there’s a leaderboard involved. Some people will really commit and take it seriously if they’re actually on it.

2. You’ve spent “1000s” hours of gameplay in on another game and you have been rewarded as such in THAT game. Now why the hell should you be rewarded for what has been done in that game in this? Just getting exclusive skins, titles and pets is already generous from them and it should’ve stayed like that. You have ALREADY been rewarded, stop being kittening greedy.

3. If you consider achievement points to be useless and the leaderboard to be useless. Then why the hell are you arguing to begin with? Since you don’t care about the achievement points to begin with, then let’s just remove them from you and have it like it was before.

4. If your previous post is as argumentless and generic as the one you just posted that you are eagerly trying to make me read. Then no, I won’t read it at all as it would be time wasting.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

This is absolutely ridiculous that people are now complaining about something that has been going on for a long time. Before it was perfectly fine for GW1 players to be ahead, and now all the sudden it’s unfair for GW1 players to be ahead? Makes no sense.

The only reasoning they give is 500>50 yes weak and pointless but it’s the only argument now… Makes no sense

TehPwnerer.7215

i dont really care if they remove it as well. however you detract from the point. That this is not about GW1 and GW2 or GWAMM. the point is that this boost accomplishes nothing significantly good as you have pointed out the points are like ‘whose line is it anyway?’ – insignificant.

It is not about the points but people place in the leaderboard which people felt was significant. And not everybody wants to play on that, i didn’t for many games, but decided to for this. If you are not aware being in the top 1000 position is a commitment.

i am annoyed with this move because it does not make sense. i do not have any issue with gw1 players and people who are happy with this. to an extent, i agree with u guys and the above posts to the effect that if they are going to give and remove points at their whim, they MIGHT AS WELL remove the leaderboard.

I appreciate you being able to see both sides and I am sorry that this has caused you some frustration. I am a GW1 vet put over 8000 hours into that game. I have only 7000 achievement points in GW2 – do my dailies every day and am generally an achievement hunter in most games but with graduation from college comes an actual job. Not as much playing time as I used to have.

That being said, for me it means an extra free tier of rewards in a few weeks once I catch up to that benchmark. For others, it may mean the difference of spot 1 and spot 4. The way I see it though, if that player dedicated tons of time to get to rank (top 10) and then was boosted up and bumped others down, he not only spent tons of time in GW1 to earn 50 points (or enough to move up) but he ALSO spent tons of time in GW2 earning achievements that put him past others in the first place.

These leaderboards cause nothing but elitism and divide the community. I think with a game so focused on player cooperation, this leaderboard thing goes against every idea of players trying to do what’s best for each other and really means “What can I do for MYSELF To get up one more rank?”

Defeats the purpose. I think it should go.

maddoctor.2738

1. Achievement points do have a direct impact on players that take it seriously. As weird as it may sound to you, when there’s a leaderboard involved. Some people will really commit and take it seriously if they’re actually on it.

2. You’ve spent “1000s” hours of gameplay in on another game and you have been rewarded as such in THAT game. Now why the hell should you be rewarded for what has been done in that game in this? Just getting exclusive skins, titles and pets is already generous from them and it should’ve stayed like that. You have ALREADY been rewarded, stop being kittening greedy.

3. If you consider achievement points to be useless and the leaderboard to be useless. Then why the hell are you arguing to begin with? Since you don’t care about the achievement points to begin with, then let’s just remove them from you and have it like it was before.

4. If your previous post is as argumentless and generic as the one you just posted that you are eagerly trying to make me read. Then no, I won’t read it at all as it would be time wasting.

Question: where were you when HoM rewarded 50 points? 50 points from HoM still gave an advantage to Guild Wars 1 players but nobody complaint, what happened?

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I don’t understand why gw1 players feel so entitled. Wasn’t your character in gw1 reward enough for your achievements in that game? No, you have to get the best title in gw2 without doing anything in this game and now you get to monopolize the leaderboards. You don’t see anything wrong with that?

They really need to revert this change. If anything this is a last ditch effort to increase sales on the dead gw1. And no, I am nowhere near getting on the leaderboard, but the principal of this thing is just bs.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Props to you. Care to share your thoughts in the other threads?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Survey-Remove-Achievement-Leaderboards/first#post2382384
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/500-AP-for-GW1-Hall-of-Monuments-Intended/page/2#post2382387

Had not spotted those yet.

Will add a post, although I’ve really nothing more to say than what I already have.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

maddoctor.2738

These leaderboards cause nothing but elitism and divide the community. I think with a game so focused on player cooperation, this leaderboard thing goes against every idea of players trying to do what’s best for each other and really means “What can I do for MYSELF To get up one more rank?”

Honestly, I haven’t seen ANY indication that the Leaderboards divide the community or cause elitisism. For example, Mesmers are still porting people around in Jumping Puzzles, if people were taking the Leaderboards so seriously and wanted to keep their place, Mesmers would’ve stopped porting people around (a “good” start towards elitisism)

Sorry, I don’t see it. The game is still exactly the same, with or without leaderboards.

TehPwnerer.7215

Honestly, I haven’t seen ANY indication that the Leaderboards divide the community or cause elitisism. For example, Mesmers are still porting people around in Jumping Puzzles, if people were taking the Leaderboards so seriously and wanted to keep their place, Mesmers would’ve stopped porting people around (a “good” start towards elitisism)

Sorry, I don’t see it. The game is still exactly the same, with or without leaderboards.

So that’s why there’s 3 threads of people whining that GW1 players got something they didn’t get? Right.

Zero Tolerance.1539

20, not 50. People who don’t even make it, or have ambition to make it top100 or higher on the board shouldn’t even be allowed to post here….

As for the difference between 20 and 500. I’m [almost] sure you can figure it out… 2 dailies vs 33 dailies. 2 days is someone going away for the weekend not being able to play while you can. 33 is a months break which is hardly going to happen to anyone who is already playing hardcore every day to be on top.

Somafied.5319

wow this mkalafut is the Legendary defender of Anet forums props to u. Anet should pay you for your dedication. but instead you pay anet

I think the only people complaining are like me, top 1000 players who have put in time dedication and effort to maintain their spot in the leaderboard. why because its fun. some people like to have legendary some people like pvp leader board etc.

We will get over it i guess, but we are not addressing our issue to you Mkalafut, unless u had a hand in this decision.

I just want to let the people who came up with this idea know, its a really lousy one. unbecoming of a game with so many good ideas.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

You didn’t play GW1? Your loss – times two.

Missed out on all that history.
And missed out on the points.

No sympathy. I’ll be rolling in my achievement points, laughing at the thought of you pounding your fists on the table, tears in your eyes, frantic that the people who founded the great continent of Tyria are being given another “thank you.”

I was only there for three years. I put on a party in Pre Searing Ascalon on the evening of GW2 launch. Gave away TONS of stuff – my own and plenty donated by others in our community.

There are still many of them back there, hoping that GW1 stays alive forever.

I beg you – please – don’t go bug them.

TehPwnerer.7215

This is ridiculous….

…..Some of the mentality from the people here are disgusting as it’s only greed and so far no one has actually provided a reasonable counterargument as to why it isn’t.

I agree. I’ve been reading the 3 related threads to this topic for the better part of a few hours while I play and it really is disgusting how greedy you people are to try and take achievements away from others.

maddoctor.2738

20, not 50. People who don’t even make it, or have ambition to make it top100 or higher on the board shouldn’t even be allowed to post here….

As for the difference between 20 and 500. I’m [almost] sure you can figure it out…

No I can’t. If you want to be in top100 or higher 20 and 500 is exactly the same, gives an advantage to some players, why there were no complaints back then? Nobody ever cared about it and now that the number increased there is rage all over.

Blackwyn.8127

Question: where were you when HoM rewarded 50 points? 50 points from HoM still gave an advantage to Guild Wars 1 players but nobody complaint, what happened?

It was insignificant and it really didn’t bother me as it barely had an impact.
Also, it was 2 achievement points per one, so you received a total of 20 achievement points, not 50.