A question on behalf of veteran players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If there are so many people excited about mini pets why don’t they use them in game. I can go days without seeing a single one (not that I’m complaining).

People have been complaining for a long time about how annoying it is to keep taking out a minipet every single time you port or change zones or die. It takes up an inventory slot as well.

If mini pets aren’t popular, why do minipets from the BL chests sell for 2-3 gold immediately? After all it’s not like you get any achievements for having them.

Orly?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Community

There are also plenty of people who collect them out of compulsion or because they like it. I too have very rarely seen minipets outside of people AFk’ing in LA/Vigil Keep just to show off personal wealth.

The fact that they are generated entirely by gem store purchases and are limited time means they will have a high value even with a small consumer base.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I remember 2 years ago when Blizzard was all over this forum predicting they were going to kill GW2 with MoP but that plan kinda backfired in their face and they lost 3.5 million players. Looks like they are setting up to lose another 3.5 million with their next expac fail.

Blizzard has 7.8 million subscribers
Anet has 460,000 active players (as of Aug 2013)

Just saying…

(NOTE: Anet hasn’t announced how many players have been playing GW2 in 2014. I only have last year’s numbers. )

That’s not true. Anet had 460,000 players on line currently at that time (which was a long time ago anyway…they’ll not likely hit that mark again any time soon).

At the time that figure was taken, the game was relatively new and I’m pretty sure they had over 3 million players. That was how many were online concurrently.

not 3 million players – it was 3 million sold copies
and from this 3 million only 460.000 ACTIVE players (online)

I can’t even imagine how you come to this conclusion. 3 million sales that early doesn’t mean 3 million active players. The numbers you’re quoting are concurrency figures. It means like the people in Australia who are sleeping might not be playing at the moment of peak concurrency. They log on later.

In the states, not everyone plays at the same time.

The point is you can’t compare concurrency to subscribers, because they’re different numbers.

Here’s the article you’re actually looking for:

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/wow-pandaria-1-million-concurrent-players-in-china/

MoP had 1 millon concurrent players at peak and Guild Wars 2 had almost half of that. That’s the comparison.

And that’s not unexpected. WoW is the more popular of the two games. It’s had a longer time to build an audience, it’s had more money to advertise and it was in the right time at the right place.

For Guild Wars 2 to get even close to half of MoP’s concurrency numbers likely makes it the MMO with the second highest concurrency of all time.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: After that it would probably be Final Fantasy:

http://www.craveonline.com.au/gaming/articles/564709-ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-hits-325k-concurrent-players-will-implement-afk-kick-feature#/slide/1

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

your spam start to be annoying

every thread you take something out of context and spam it as much as you can with answering every single post so thread makes no sense any more or will not be discussed bout the problem from the op

you talk alot but you say nothing

seriously

Vayne.8563

your spam start to be annoying

every thread you take something out of context and spam it as much as you can with answering every single post so thread makes no sense any more or will not be discussed bout the problem from the op

you talk alot but you say nothing

seriously

What you’re saying is you tried to compare 7.1 million players subscribed to WoW with Guild Wars 2 concurrency figures, which are two different things, and I was able to show it.

I think my response was completely relevant to what you were saying. If you don’t want to have a conversation why are you posting on a forum?

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

first off, this post is by no means an an answer to alllll the posts in here, just my opinion on the new way of "getting started"

Dear ArenaNet Employee!
I reaaaaally understand what you’re trying to do. No, really, I do! You want newcomers to have the best experience possible, making them understand the game (well, the PvE part at least) and enable the new players to get involved with Tyria, the lore, the main NPCs and so on and so on. I also understand the following: You want to slow down the game a little, so the new player base doesn’t catch up with you so soon as we did. you do this, by adding a lot of "carrot on a stick" features like collectible titles, wardrobe titles, minipet titles, etc. a clever move on your end and if i were a pve player, i for myself would have really appreciate more things to do while waiting for LS1 for example. cool thoughts implemented in a hopefully cool way.

But sometimes i get the feeling you focus too much on the casual pve aspect of the game. it’s a nice thought, to keep it simple for players who don’t have much time on their hands, but to be honest, those players may buy the game, but the gemstore bucks don’t come from casuals. it comes from people who are very affectionate towards your game (at least I would NEVER spend a single additional buck on a game that i don’t care about as much as gw2). affectionate enough to stay on GW2 for TWO YEARS! That’s really something in days like these, where new MMOs tend to tank in the first 6 months (just look at the two big "GW2 killers" ESO and Wildstar. compared to Tyria, the world there is practically a desert, extinct of all living beings). So you did a lot of things right the first time and you still strive to improve the experience further. There are not many companies out there, who don’t see their game as a big cash cow after release *cough* blizzard *cough*.
But PLEASE!!! think a little bit about us veterans. Implementing cool new features for new players doesn’t excite us anymore. We need challenge! for starters, we need the hardmode from gw1 back. we need elite areas like Mallyx’s Citadel, the Deep, Sorrows Furnace, etc. We need something like the challenges from EOTN, etc. pp.
i KNOW you can do this stuff, i KNOW you’ve had a lot on your hands with LS2, China release and so on, but it’s also been two years and there’s still NOTHING that’s remotely challenging to me anymore. aetherblade path was definitely a step in the right direction and it still excites people to do it, because there’s something very important involved: "elite" skins from the boss chest, that you can only get in the dungeon.

Enough about PvE. (I don’t even really play it, because in fact, it bores me in lack of challenge) Let’s talk about PvP instead.
I want to remind you, you always stated, you want GW2 to become an eSport. Now, even the top PvP players are laughing about this and that makes me very sad. We may not be as many as the PvE or WvW faction, but, if i remember correctly, before release, you were so proud of gw2pvp, it was your baby! your big chance for international fame and glory in the esports scene.
Well, that was before release. today it feels like, we’re some sort of unwanted pet you’d love to get rid of ASAP.
You need to show us some love, mama anet! prove to the players that you DO care. very much so, because i know you do! at least TALK to us, once in a while. "when it’s done" and other vague statements is not a solid customer interaction. involve us. we want to help you to make gw2pvp into an esport! we know it can be done, but you have to listen to the players who actually play the game a LOT more than you.

oh, and don’t invent some shallow excuses all the time like "a lot of the people like this and that" because the people who would even consider participating in esports stuff are the ones who are voicing their opinion in the forums, kittenmit.

i forgot the rest i wanted to say. thanks for the attention and sorry for the wall of text. i get carried away sometimes and you know why? BECAUSE I CARE!

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

The Feature Pack announcements will continue next week and some of them will definitely contain information that’s relevant to those of you who’ve been playing the game for long. We won’t tell you about them until the articles are live though, to keep the element of surprise!

I can’t be the only one who trusted this, and who got really really mad when they posted Spoon™ rubbish.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I actually anticipated that right off the bat….. was expecting the QQ waves to come in.

Personally i am kinda chill about it because everything ANet did was expected of them and personally didn’t expect more

Found other games to play.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

The Feature Pack announcements will continue next week and some of them will definitely contain information that’s relevant to those of you who’ve been playing the game for long. We won’t tell you about them until the articles are live though, to keep the element of surprise!

I can’t be the only one who trusted this, and who got really really mad when they posted Spoon™ rubbish.

No, you’re not alone. We just get shouted down by those that love themselves some spoon collecting.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Really underwhelmed by this. Quite sad really. GW2 has so much potential.

Stop tinkering around the edges and give me some substantial new content and places to explore. As a veteran player I need more than changes to the wardrobe.

I know there are a few “features” yet to be announced this week but I don’t hold out much hope. Please prove me wrong. I really do want to carry on playing but I’m so bored with GW2 at the moment.

DingDing we got a winner! at least, to me! so so much potential and what do we get? colored commander tags and a change to the wardrobe, oh yea that will keep veteran busy for another 2 years.. Stop being so ignorant Anet and give players some new content/options and you will see the cash flow will go on and on and on..

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why would anyone wait for CONTENT in a FEATURE patch? They made it rather clear that there is a rather big difference between the two, which is also the very reason why they have split them up.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I remember 2 years ago when Blizzard was all over this forum predicting they were going to kill GW2 with MoP but that plan kinda backfired in their face and they lost 3.5 million players. Looks like they are setting up to lose another 3.5 million with their next expac fail.

Just saying…

(NOTE: Anet hasn’t announced how many players have been playing GW2 in 2014. I only have last year’s numbers. )

That’s not true. Anet had 460,000 players on line currently at that time (which was a long time ago anyway…they’ll not likely hit that mark again any time soon).

At the time that figure was taken, the game was relatively new and I’m pretty sure they had over 3 million players. That was how many were online concurrently.

I can’t even imagine how you come to this conclusion. 3 million sales that early doesn’t mean 3 million active players. The numbers you’re quoting are concurrency figures. It means like the people in Australia who are sleeping might not be playing at the moment of peak concurrency. They log on later.

The point is you can’t compare concurrency to subscribers, because they’re different numbers.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/wow-pandaria-1-million-concurrent-players-in-china/

MoP had 1 millon concurrent players at peak and Guild Wars 2 had almost half of that. That’s the comparison.

And that’s not unexpected. WoW is the more popular of the two games. It’s had a longer time to build an audience, it’s had more money to advertise and it was in the right time at the right place.

For Guild Wars 2 to get even close to half of MoP’s concurrency numbers likely makes it the MMO with the second highest concurrency of all time.

http://www.craveonline.com.au/gaming/articles/564709-ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-hits-325k-concurrent-players-will-implement-afk-kick-feature#/slide/1

GW2 is not even close to high concurrent users of all time for an MMORPG, let alone MMOs like you stated…

Runescape in its prime beats gw2 by a mile – (400-500k+ concurrent users for multiple years)… GW2 couldn’t keep up those concurrent numbers for a few months…
Aion, WoW, RIFT, EQ in its prime, Blade and Soul, all have had high numbers for a decent amount of time

GW2 concurrent playerbase has dwindled, that much Is easy to speculate…its not even half of that 460k number now (for EU+NA at least) ….its probably stabilized at barely 100k concurrent users in NA+EU right now.

The good thing is a ton of ppl can come back really easily since GW2 is f2p…it’s just a matter of playing the waiting game, hoping anet will finally release some kind of content that draws back the players that have taken a break

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

sync over the chinese voice overs too plz!

Vayne.8563

Just saying…

GW2 is not even close to high concurrent users of all time for an MMORPG, let alone MMOs like you stated…

Runescape in its prime beats gw2 by a mile – (400-500k+ concurrent users for multiple years)… GW2 couldn’t keep up those concurrent numbers for a few months…
Aion, WoW, RIFT, EQ in its prime, Blade and Soul, all have had high numbers for a decent amount of time

GW2 concurrent playerbase has dwindled, that much Is easy to speculate…its not even half of that 460k number now (for EU+NA at least) ….its probably stabilized at barely 100k concurrent users in NA+EU right now.

The good thing is a ton of ppl can come back really easily since GW2 is f2p…it’s just a matter of playing the waiting game, hoping anet will finally release some kind of content that draws back the players that have taken a break

You’re absolutely correct. I was talking about western MMOs and didn’t say so. So Blade and Soul is by far the highest ranking one on the chart. WoW is of course 1 million at its max. Of course Blade and Soul had a high number in China, which has a huge number of people and I wasn’t even thinking about China. I was thinking, as I said about Western MMOs.

According to wikipedia, EQ never had more than 450,000 subs, so it undoubtedly didn’t have anywhere near 420,000 concurrent users.

I can’t take about Runescape, the only article I can find says 250,000 concurrent users which is here: http://lsvp.com/2008/07/15/runescape-stats-250k-peak-concurrent-users/

Rift made only 1 million sales at launch. It might have had higher concurrency when it went free to play. No one knows because Rift never released those numbers.

That the concurrent player base in Guild Wars 2 has dwindled is a no brainer. Anyone who knows anything about MMOs knows that at launch or around launch you’ll usually get the highest peak concurrency. Which means that MoP has also diminished, and I’m pretty sure Blade and Soul has too.

This Final Fantasy record puts it at 187,000. http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/28/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-shatters-more-records-187000-concurrent-connections-200000-expected-soon/

I don’t know where you’re getting your info, but it seems to me that of Western MMOs anyway, Guild Wars 2 is just below WoW on the list. If you have links to prove otherwise, I’d love to see them.

Star Wars ToR hit 350,000 btw.

And yes, they’ve all gone down. That’s 100% true. But since everyone goes down after launch I’m not sure what’s to comment on.

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

The thing is, it’s already too late now. ANet should have had content prepared by now but they wasted time and resources on low priority crap. Even if they start working on something new now, they will never have it ready bevor the major playerbase loses interest in this game.

ANet wanted the casual crowd, the “Call of Duty audience” so bad, they made it hard for enthusiasts and hardcore players to find this game interesting in the long run. The latter are leaving the sinking ship and ANet is stuck with the casuals and bound to dumb down the game even more.

It’s over, nothing to see here.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

You’re absolutely correct. I was talking about western MMOs and didn’t say so. So Blade and Soul is by far the highest ranking one on the chart. WoW is of course 1 million at its max. Of course Blade and Soul had a high number in China, which has a huge number of people and I wasn’t even thinking about China. I was thinking, as I said about Western MMOs.

According to wikipedia, EQ never had more than 450,000 subs, so it undoubtedly didn’t have anywhere near 420,000 concurrent users.

I can’t take about Runescape, the only article I can find says 250,000 concurrent users which is here: http://lsvp.com/2008/07/15/runescape-stats-250k-peak-concurrent-users/

Rift made only 1 million sales at launch. It might have had higher concurrency when it went free to play. No one knows because Rift never released those numbers.

That the concurrent player base in Guild Wars 2 has dwindled is a no brainer. Anyone who knows anything about MMOs knows that at launch or around launch you’ll usually get the highest peak concurrency. Which means that MoP has also diminished, and I’m pretty sure Blade and Soul has too.

This Final Fantasy record puts it at 187,000. http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/28/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-shatters-more-records-187000-concurrent-connections-200000-expected-soon/

I don’t know where you’re getting your info, but it seems to me that of Western MMOs anyway, Guild Wars 2 is just below WoW on the list. If you have links to prove otherwise, I’d love to see them.

Star Wars ToR hit 350,000 btw.

And yes, they’ve all gone down. That’s 100% true. But since everyone goes down after launch I’m not sure what’s to comment on.

Right now i agree GW2 is just below WoW in terms of Western MMORPGS, but to say its the 2nd most populated MMORPG ever is not accurate imo…runescape didn’t peak in 08, it was in the 04-06 or so, i remember seeing the home page screen constantly hover over 300k users, granted a lot were bots lol. but anyways, theey kept those numbers high for a long period of time(well over a year), something GW2 hasn’t. Yea RS now is pretty much dead, but Just saying, it was way bigger hit for a long period of time compared to GW2.

Sustaining a decently high concurrent playerbase speaks volumes about a game. GW2 had a great number of 460k… but that didn’t last long AT ALL compared to what other big name MMORPGS did when they had massive concurrent number

GW2’s concurrent numbers have already peaked. Unless something drastic changes, I don’t see them rising up to big concurrent numbers.

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

The thing is, it’s already too late now. ANet should have had content prepared by now but they wasted time and resources on low priority crap. Even if they start working on something new now, they will never have it ready bevor the major playerbase loses interest in this game.

ANet wanted the casual crowd, the “Call of Duty audience” so bad, they made it hard for enthusiasts and hardcore players to find this game interesting in the long run. The latter are leaving the sinking ship and ANet is stuck with the casuals and bound to dumb down the game even more.

It’s over, nothing to see here.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Why would anyone wait for CONTENT in a FEATURE patch? They made it rather clear that there is a rather big difference between the two, which is also the very reason why they have split them up.

That’s is not the reason they split them up. The reason is mask the break between content releases by holding back “features” they’ve completed for the break.

More importantly people aren’t complaining because they want content & real features in this “feature pack” they are complaining because they want them period. And the massive multi-week, bannered, article extravaganza is disingenuous in it’s scale.

LIVE made the perfect post to explain how many players see this whole thing:

Ill just leave this here.

GW1: released in April 26, 2005
GW1Canthan: released in April 28 2006
GW1Nightfall:released in October 26, 2006

(by April 2009 6million copies sold)

^^^ all that content, all the skins, gear, levels, setting restrictions for terrain, art and development and so on.

Gw2: released August 28, 2012
Gw2: releases small content and major patches to edit infrastructure over 2 years
Gw2 serious content expansion: still nothing, just conjecture from ppl I’ve never met on these forums

By August 2013 they had sold 3.5million copies of Gw2

PookieDaWombat.6209

Yeah, you’re missing the point that we know the difference and what we want are things which are actually broken to be fixed in feature patches and maybe someday soon REAL content for the game that cannot be completed in just over an hour spoon fed to us over weeks that amounts to 90% reading dialog on the screen between npcs and an occasional fight.

Was the trading post THAT broken that it needed an all hands on deck overhaul? Was/is it more broken than the new traits system? Was leveling in this game so hard to learn that they have put bigger training wheels on this “bike”? Seriously, these feature updates are nonsense meant to lengthen gameplay for new players while holding their hands longer and making them take longer to get through the game so there is a loner period for them to potentially buy more gems as they play.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Posted by: Ilthuain.5634

Ilthuain.5634

Was the trading post THAT broken that it needed an all hands on deck overhaul?

Yes.

Was/is it more broken than the new traits system?

Yes.

As a veteran player, the new trait system has barely influenced my game. I already have my 80s, except for one character I needed to level, and I think the new trait acquisition system was entertaining for that one character.

The trading post, on the other hand, was a hassle to deal with. The new version looks great and will substantially improve my playing experience.

Was leveling in this game so hard to learn that they have put bigger training wheels on this “bike”?

According to their metrics, yes. Your anecdotal experience with this game isn’t as valuable as analytics. If they see players at level 50 who still haven’t slotted a trait or changed their underwater weapons or whatever, they need to change things to help those people understand the game. If new players are puzzled by the downed system (which is understandable), they needed to reduce the info flood at the beginning of the game and present unusual mechanics when the player is not overwhelmed.

Seriously, these feature updates are nonsense meant to lengthen gameplay for new players while holding their hands longer and making them take longer to get through the game so there is a loner period for them to potentially buy more gems as they play.

Many of these features were done in order to improve player retention, yes. Player retention is a good thing.

Thorgrim Dazzlehand [HaHa] – the Player King of Tarnished Coast
http://harlotsandharlequins.enjin.com/

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

So, as someone who doesn’t play LS, and who has done almost everything that’s doable in GW2, what’s there for me to look forward?

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

So, as someone who doesn’t play LS, and who has done almost everything that’s doable in GW2, what’s there for me to look forward?

WvW. There’s strategy there if you get in the right guild. Be a GOOD commander…there’s certainly a lack of them. But, hey, if that’s not your thing, then I really can’t help you.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I dont think new players are mentally handicapped, though.

No, but if you haven’t noticed, this game appeals to the lowest common denominator of the MMO Gaming community.

PookieDaWombat.6209

Please explain to me, as someone who never had any issues opening and using the trading post to find or sell items what exactly was broken about it? All I’ve seen was a post that was one page long from 5 months ago regarding the TP. There is a post that is over 40 pages long with a litany of issues with the new trait system and how if hurts both veteran and new players alike. I’d love to know what is so very confusing about using new gear as you get it and learning how to use FOUR skills when downed. Its not like its that hard to get after the 3rd or 4th time it happens. same with everything from fields and blasting, etc. Could they stand to explain things a bit better in the game? Sure. Do they need to slow down character progression EVEN MORE than it is now just so someone learns where they should or should not go on a map? Or waiting until level 10 to even start your personal story??? That’s utter nonsense. I’ve never heard of ANY player having issues with these things in game, and if someone was struggling and asked a question in game (as with most MMOs I’ve played) people tend to answer their questions. To be honest GW and GW2 were always better about not trolling people on this front as well. This is just a bigger skinner box. nothing more.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Obtena.7952

It wasn’t improved because it was broken. It was improved because it could work better.

PookieDaWombat.6209

Right. So it wasn’t broken. Its been made prettier for people who live in the trading post. fair enough. Call a spade a spade.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

SonOfJacob.7396

More importantly people aren’t complaining because they want content & real features in this “feature pack” they are complaining because they want them period. And the massive multi-week, bannered, article extravaganza is disingenuous in it’s scale.

LIVE made the perfect post to explain how many players see this whole thing:

Ill just leave this here.

GW1: released in April 26, 2005
GW1Canthan: released in April 28 2006
GW1Nightfall:released in October 26, 2006

(by April 2009 6million copies sold)

^^^ all that content, all the skins, gear, levels, setting restrictions for terrain, art and development and so on.

Gw2: released August 28, 2012
Gw2: releases small content and major patches to edit infrastructure over 2 years
Gw2 serious content expansion: still nothing, just conjecture from ppl I’ve never met on these forums

By August 2013 they had sold 3.5million copies of Gw2

+10 billion

Only one sub point to this, LIVE actually stated the numbers to make his point, but if 6 million copies of GW1 sold after 4 years, then we need to wait until August 2016 to make a true comparison. I mean, in one year GW2 got over halfway there…

I think regarding updates, players would sacrifice the living story every two weeks to get things like better updates to include all the same areas in GW1, just the Prophecies and EOTN areas alone would be worth it. Sacnoth Valley and Rotscale anyone?

http://psychopompblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/wr29-burning-forest.jpg
http://whyigame.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/majestyvanquishbuffoverload1.jpg

Obtena.7952

Right. So it wasn’t broken. Its been made prettier for people who live in the trading post. fair enough. Call a spade a spade.

That’s obtuse … everyone benefits from the TP being easier to use.

Sogradde.8016

It wasn’t improved because it was broken. It was improved because it could work better.

Like Matchmaking, 4v5 issues, map balance and class balance in PvP?
Like coverage, siege balance and reward disparities regarding EotM in WvW?
Like having no new dungeons, no hardcore content and miniscule amounts of “story” in biweekly updates in PvE?

I could keep this list going on for a long while. Do you really believe streamlining the trading post is more important than the issues I’ve named?

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

Obtena.7952

I didn’t say they were but arguing what is a more important priority is pretty pointless. Anet improved TP; it’s a QoL change for EVERYONE. Saying it isn’t or it’s catering only to TP barons is just stupid.

If you want to argue there are more important things that should be fixed, you go right ahead … clearly Anet makes the decisions and rightly so … they develop this game and they answer to shareholders; players do not.

In addition, this is a FEATURE patch is vs. a CONTENT patch. You might take note to understand this difference because based on your comment, you don’t.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Mel ryuzaki.1402

Mel ryuzaki.1402

I’m waiting 1 year for real new content.
I log in, remember that i cant do anything new and log out, like i just did… Plus admins answer but don’t really answer the question, always ditch the real subject. Wasted precious time of my life here, lots of money and now i’m just part of a big number that bought pre-order and regrets this lack of advance in an extremely innovative game.
In my country there is a popular saying that comes to my head wich is, “who pays in advance is badly served”, fits like a glove

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ And yet here you still are.
What is it with people and the inability to simply move on? That is how stuff works in the real world after all. If you dislike something, you move on, rather than hanging around complaining about it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

SonOfJacob.7396

^ And yet here you still are.
What is it with people and the inability to simply move on? That is how stuff works in the real world after all. If you dislike something, you move on, rather than hanging around complaining about it.

Agreed. And why don’t people try to offer viable solutions instead of just beotching?

Sogradde.8016

Agreed. And why don’t people try to offer viable solutions instead of just beotching?

There have been TONS of suggestions. Really really good suggestions.
ANet answered by removing the suggestions sub-forum.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

SonOfJacob.7396

There have been TONS of suggestions. Really really good suggestions.
ANet answered by removing the suggestions sub-forum.

Ya. I wouldn’t have known that without being told. Thanks!

Obtena.7952

Tons of the suggestions given are crap frankly and again, it’s obtuse to think Anet doesn’t implement suggestions or things that players want.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Tons of the suggestions given are crap frankly and again, it’s obtuse to think Anet doesn’t implement suggestions or things that players want.

Tons of tons ppl wanted some gear proggresion , when the game lanched ….
and evr more ppl hated them and moan 2 years now :P

Obtena.7952

We got gear progression, vertical and horizontal. People simply don’t understand that even if they get what they want, it won’t be in the way they expect it. Feels like GW2 has a high percentage of people that have never played an MMO before. They tend to feel that developers should just ebb and flow to the desires of every suggestion being made and implemented it perfect in every which way to prevent the QQ. Hard lessons here.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Like Matchmaking, 4v5 issues, map balance and class balance in PvP?
Like coverage, siege balance and reward disparities regarding EotM in WvW?
Like having no new dungeons, no hardcore content and miniscule amounts of “story” in biweekly updates in PvE?

I could keep this list going on for a long while. Do you really believe streamlining the trading post is more important than the issues I’ve named?

I’m going to jump in for a minute and say “Yes”. It just doesn’t look like it at first glance.

You see, everybody in this game uses the TP. And right now, every time they first open it, it downloads a bunch of information that’s actually already on your computer and ready to use. That’s part of the delay that slows it when it opens.

That doesn’t seem like a big deal, and to just one person it’s not. But just stop and think about the amount of data traffic that creates every day, especially during prime hours. That’s a LOT of data. And that’s unacceptable when you’ve got complaints of lag and even DCs striking people out of the blue.

To fix this and streamline the data being transferred, they needed to put in the new TP browser. Everything else looks like they said “as long as we’ve got to rebuild the interface for the new browser, let’s fix the other problems”.

I’m not sure if individual players will often be able to spot the difference in game performance when the new TP goes in, but it’s there. And I’m sure that from ANet’s side, it’s going to be huge. If you can’t connect and stay connected long/well enough to play the game, then none of the other details really matter.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

WvW. There’s strategy there if you get in the right guild. Be a GOOD commander…there’s certainly a lack of them. But, hey, if that’s not your thing, then I really can’t help you.

WvW? What exactly?
Season 3? Losing every week for 4 weeks straight?
Should I be looking forward being face rolled every day by massive SoS OSX/SEA player base? Should I look forward for even more frequent golem rushes now with the mastery?

WvW is the only reason I’m still logging in, however WvW has become extremely stagnant and repetitive, each week the same, same matches, same losses, etc.

SonOfJacob.7396

WvW? What exactly?
Season 3? Losing every week for 4 weeks straight?
Should I be looking forward being face rolled every day by massive SoS OSX/SEA player base? Should I look forward for even more frequent golem rushes now with the mastery?

WvW is the only reason I’m still logging in, however WvW has become extremely stagnant and repetitive, each week the same, same matches, same losses, etc.

Sounds like your experience of WvW is VASTLY different than mine. Come to TC. We have cookies.

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

I get it on some level. You need the revenue gains from the new players and are hoping to mitigate some of the less desirable changes you did that adversely impact the leveling process. Understood.
However keeping current players (and revenue generators) happy and interested is usually far easier than banking a potential one time (or repeat) investment. I note usually because I suspect that some of what is reasonably being asked for is not on the list of things to do ever and other items are just flat out idiotic.

The problem lies in ANet’s ongoing need to dumb down the game. Many of us play MMORPGs because of the challenge and the freedom. Dumbing it down is obnoxious at best and a slap in the face at worst. The problem also lies in the lack of clarity in what is being done and the deliberately vague wording that is misleading and not addressed when called upon.

This particular update I am “eh” about. Some things might be neat in a fluff sort of way. I’m holding a toon at below level 10 right now (and with an untouched personal story) to test out this new leveling bit. The WvW stuff might be promising but will be hard to say until it is live tested. The WvW seasons are doing more to kill WvW and the servers than anything else.

Nothing else really appeals to me. I have map completion and would like to move into new areas that are not restricted on where one can go.

SF
OTR

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Patch day… still waiting for those relevant new features for veterans

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Path day… still waiting for those relevant new futures for veterans

You are walking down the future of the path?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Path day… still waiting for those relevant new futures for veterans

You are walking down the future of the path?

hahaha autocorrect fail u.u

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

Feature Pack – Overall Rating (Pre-Release)

UNDERWHELMED!

Agree with OP, feel a bit soar around the face since ANet Metaphorically Slapped me in it!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Follow up question: What use is it to make a blog post that only really affects people who don’t yet play the game?

Hi Puddles,

First of all, we at ArenaNet very much appreciate the support that all players that have played the game for so long have given us. Without you guys, your love of the game and how you spread the word around you, things would clearly not be the same.

Today’s blogpost about the New Player Experience will not have as many visible effects to you specifically as it would have for a brand new player, that knows very little about the game. The new direction system should help you get a clearer and more useful top-tight UI, but also give your new characters better rewards.

As you noted, it is mainly targeted at new players, those that need it the most. We want their learning experience to be better so that they, too, can become veteran players of Guild Wars 2 one day! Learning to play a brand new game, and MMOs tend to be more on the more complex side of videogames, can be a daunting and hard task.

We want more people to be able to walk this path you walked and this is why we implemented the New Player Experience system, to create a route that new players can walk and feel rewarded along the way.

Again, thanks for your support!

It’s pretty simple. By adding in these changes you isolate out the veteran players. Anet needs to add in an option for players that have been with GW2 since the beginning on how they want their characters to start.

Classic Mode – All traits, Skill bars, and weapon skills unlocked – Like before the feature patches

New Character Experience Mode – Current mode with the time gated skill/trait unlocks.

Since the changes to the trait system, I have stopped creating alts. If these ‘upcoming’ changes are going to also be added in, I am done with new characters. And I warn you, I am getting bored of my existing character roster as the ‘End game’ is a complete joke.

And, for what its worth, thanks for breaking Key farming. You just completely negated the core purpose for the game upgrade on the gem store for 2000 gems. Anyone who buys that after these changes, would be just wasting gems/gold.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Man, that mini-pet change is so exciting and relevant.

Specially in WvW where pets will clearly dominates lower tiers.

or thiefs run in stealth mode with mini pet active… so pro.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

One thing I did want to point out actually, is about the downed state being put off till later in the leveling process…

There are level 80 players that still haven’t grasped the concept of the downed state and rather than selecting an almost dead enemy and attacking it, they sit around like morons and wait for a res. I don’t think they understand that “fight to survive” means “kill an enemy to get back up”. I probably would have put more emphasis on the state rather than putting it off for even less practice on it, encouraging more players to sit around waiting for a res!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Vayne.8563

The trading post update started a long long time ago. The complaints about the new trait system started five months ago. I’m pretty sure that Anet is working on identifying the best way to react to some of the complaints, but surely something they started ages ago that they’ve finished is better time than dropping everything to deal with a complaint that most people can work around by buying the traits they need with gold and skill points, assuming they absolutely can’t get them by playing.

The trading post wasn’t broken, but it did need upgrading. People have been complaining for two years that you can’t sort by armor type. People have been complaining about the new trait system for five months.

Programming stuff takes time. Fixing mistakes takes time. You don’t stop what you’re working on and drop everything because of a complaint thread. That’s not how project management works.

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

Archeage is your best option.

Much love.

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink