ANet's silence is why so many people leave.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I’m not leaving but these days I have a hard time staying online more than half an hour.
My main grief as I call it is ANet’s law of silence. I remember the days before launch when ANet needed a player base, there was a multitude of articles, blogs, pictures and videos. Now that we are here playing and supporting the store we are simply treated like customers and therefore we are on a no need to know basis. Since we don’t need to know ANet won’t give us an inch.

ANet, as players we don’t need full disclosure or precise dates but an approximation would do, a few pictures or a video would do. The competition already knows we have 6 dragons in our lore it’s not a state secret. Now we know the second dragon is coming and it’s Mordremoth. What we don’t know however is when, is it August, Spring 2015.
We don’t need 30 new zones but we are overdue for a good 3 to 5. 19 months of silence is enough, to know what’s coming in 2 weeks isn’t even scratching the surface.
A dev presence is needed in this thread, if Collins or Dociu don’t show it will truly show that Anet doesn’t give a Skritt anymore or a rat’s butt if you will.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If there is an exodus from the game, it is more likely to be from dissatisfaction with the new content, the state of balance, and many other factors. I don’t believe developer silence is high on that list.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

~~~snip ~~~

My server’s full of people at all hours. Perhaps you mistook your server’s players transferring out as a sign they quit?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Core issues were left unfixed for a long time it doesn’t shock me people would want to leave. Silence is all you can really do as a company because if you miss the deadline or it has to be pushed back nothing can save you from the wrath of your player-base. Also you have to have things cleared with marketing and management before you can really disclose information and not all things are finalized. I personally wasn’t impressed with living world i think i only really enjoyed the SAB and gauntlet.

Gw2 still has the best combat/art in the industry the only thing that looks better imo is Blade and Soul which is another ncsoft title.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

Gw2 still has the best combat/art in the industry the only thing that looks better imo is Blade and Soul which is another ncsoft title.

Blade and soul is without any doubt really excelent. ( too bad NCsoft dont look to want publish it.. but well, soon a RU version is coming and certainly with a community english patch.. )
But GW2 is clearly not the best ( i can be only if you have experienced basic WoW-like mmo ) but GW1 is FARAWAY better, mabinogi is also clearly better ( only speaking about the fight system ) Vindictus is quite better too, after all

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

~~~snip ~~~

My server’s full of people at all hours. Perhaps you mistook your server’s players transferring out as a sign they quit?

You’d be amazed how many people used to say this very thing in defense of TOR right until that ship disappeared beneath the waves. I’m not saying GW2 is sinking; I’m saying the “my server is full of people” anecdote doesn’t prove the opposite.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

~~~snip ~~~

You’d be amazed how many people used to say this very thing in defense of TOR right until that ship disappeared beneath the waves. I’m not saying GW2 is sinking; I’m saying the “my server is full of people” anecdote doesn’t prove the opposite.

No one was as dense as TOR users. You could literally see the servers population in-game down to the exact number, and people STILL said the game wasn’t dying.

People see what they want. 70% of the GW2 servers are empty, but hey 3 servers are very full!

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Ya know, it’d be easier to believe Chicken Little if he hadn’t been screaming that the sky has been falling for the last year and a half. No matter how many times you repeat it, it’s not going to make it any more true.

The game’s not dying, no matter how much you wish it would. Arena.net isn’t going to come crawling back to you with the GW1 with updated graphics you want, even if GW2 were to die. I’m sorry.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I have no immediate plans to leave as I still get fun out of playing Guild Wars. But if anyone did I could imagine it mainly being due to the fairly lackluster Living Story, it plays out like a badly written teenage melodrama.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I agree. I haven’t completely left yet, but I’m on my way out.

Their silence and lack of communication is a core issue. The neglect of dungeons and focus on a crappy living story is another part.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

GW2 is loosing players – There is absolutely no question about it.

Does that mean the game is dead?

No.

What it means is that people are not happy with the product or service Anet is currently putting out.

When and IF they come back or if GW2 continues to loose players is totally up to Anet. I suggest perhaps they start being a bit more vocal and far less vague with their plans for this game and in closing – Maybe start listening a bit more to the player base.

The CDI was a nice way to buy more time – but we will see shortly if they ever had any true intentions with it.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

I agree. I haven’t completely left yet, but I’m on my way out.

Their silence and lack of communication is a core issue. The neglect of dungeons and focus on a crappy living story is another part.

Lack of communication? This the only MMO where devs actually get in game and play with the community. I have never seen devs care so much about their game as Arenanet does. You have entire CDI threads with the devs talking with the players trying to better the game. They pop up in every now and then on random threads just to let people know they are listening. Why people keep bringing up communication as a problem is beyond me.

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

Reputation is much more difficult to repair than it is to damage. If players have lost faith in ANet, then there’s probably very little they can do about it at this point. However, since it’s F2P, many might come back again — if it appeals to them.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

If there is an exodus from the game, it is more likely to be from dissatisfaction with the new content, the state of balance, and many other factors. I don’t believe developer silence is high on that list.

Spend time on the WvW forum. You might find it is.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

@ Scourge

I think it is because they are used to Blizzard’s way of dealing with the community and in particular the quality of work their community managers put out.

Blizzard does a lot of stuff wrong and is one of the slowest game developers ever. However they do always deliver. D3 was crap when it launched, it is now awesome. WoW is and will be for a while, the most popular and therefore arguably the best mmo of all time.

Much of this has to do with how they deal with the community. Blizzard makes dozens of blogs for the few odd content patches per year they release. Anet releases content every 2 week and does almost no blogs. There is hardly any interviews or other communication. CDI, ready-up and occasional posting simply doesn’t cut it when blizzard community people post in dozens of topics daily.

There is definitely the case of being too transparant and as a company you don’t want to be too transparant cuz as others have said, miss a deadline or announce features that eventually don’t make the game and you’ve got a kittenstorm on your hands. However it doesn’t have to always be in extremes. It’s not black or white, transparant or not at all. There is a middle way here and anet is not taking that middle way.

Anet doesn’t have a large budget like Blizzard has for wow. That means they have to spend every coin efficiently and cannot realise every dream feature of every player. They have to go fo concise plans that appease the largest numbers of the player base. This means its extra important to do some good community stuff to figure out what this game REALLY needs.

The fact remains that most people posting here and raging are like 1% of the entire playerbase, as possibly 90+% have never even glanced or posted in this board. Sometimes I get the feeling anet thinks the forum raging is a good representation of what the playerbase want. It’s really not. And it pains me to see how they sometimes oblige to the demands of a few forum ragers.

Blizzard has lots of statistics programs for games like wow where they can precisely see what features are popular, how many people have seen x content etc etc. They use it to tune their content to the majority of the playerbase. Anet needs to use a similar program/strategy.

People need to stop whining about lack of content too. What do you expect really. This game is free. Anet made like what, 180 million on gemstore sales? Wow has 8 million subscribers all paying 15 dollars a month. That’s 1.4 billion dollars a year on subs. Almost ten times the money. You cannot expect similar content for such a low amount of money. The only way Anet could realise content like this is by creating an expansion, which is always a gamble when having a small playerbase. At the most they can cover the costs of making it + a little extra with the sales of the game. And then what? Another year of living story? Then 2 years from now people will be making the same threads. Anet please make an expansion!!! It doesn’t work. Anet doesn’t have the money to cover the rate at which the players consume content.

Ofcourse this game needs alot of fixes, QoL updates etc etc. But I would not expect their business model to ever change as its the only way they can supply a stream of content just enough to keep the game alive. It’s either that or go back to GW1 with a very small player base and expansions and no real content in between. Personally I’d not mind it either way as long as they fix the core gameplay features. This game needs to cure its child diseases and that’s about all players should expect.
People have become spoiled by gigants like blizzard and it has ruined any hope Anet has of ever doing something ‘right’ in their eyes.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

OP hasn’t posted here a month. Do you even browse these forums frequently?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/devtracker
Is a great start if you want to see what the dev are saying. Do you think its best to have them post on every though where would they get the time to work on the game and post over every small thing that has been said over and over?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

Thats what blizzard does and trivial as it may sound it simply works.

Posted by: bendu.9301

bendu.9301

So finally the living story phase has ended. i feel there should be something like battle for better game thread in the forums. In order to break their frustrating silence. people constantly posting and i dunno make it like a habbit untill they come out. I know this sounds weird but so did the LS part. if like 2k people constantly post someday they might eventually reply.

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

I’m not leaving but these days I have a hard time staying online more than half an hour.
My main grief as I call it is ANet’s law of silence. I remember the days before launch when ANet needed a player base, there was a multitude of articles, blogs, pictures and videos.

Yup and then players took everything written there as gospel and started demanding that they adhere to their demands.

This is why we cannot have nice things.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I think people are leaving this game. Just like people leave every game. I also think people are joining the game.

Until we know the exact numbers of those leaving vs. those joining, no one can know if the game is in trouble.

And until we see how many people in China buy the game, no one can say the game is in trouble.

The fact is, no matter what you think, no one knows…except Anet.

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

and they’re holding those numbers super tight to their chest. I think they’d be crowing those numbers to all if they were good.

Alice.8694

and they’re holding those numbers super tight to their chest. I think they’d be crowing those numbers to all if they were good.

Based on their income report, they are doing fine.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Why people keep bringing up communication as a problem is beyond me.

It is not communication that is lacking. It is clear and concise, professional, informed, informative, and managed response that is lacking.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Is a great start if you want to see what the dev are saying. Do you think its best to have them post on every though where would they get the time to work on the game and post over every small thing that has been said over and over?

For more than a year I have let them know that they need a communication manager. They need to put forth a clear concise message that is not subject to the whim of the random developer saying the wrong thing. It has happened MANY times, and the brand of Guild Wars takes the lashing for it. It would do them wonders if they had someone who knew how to communicate to masses in continuity form.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Amazing how every single game that was ever in decline have the exact same sounding forums.

Is GW2 going to be shut down – No.

But the game is in decline and as I stated above the lack of interest by many players is starting to show. I mean Anet even dropped the ball on the poor WvW guys. I mean come’on account bound ranks were promised last season and didn’t make it again this season?

The lack of trust is imo at an all time low.

You can only do what Anet is doing so many times before it starts to catch up with you.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

My main grief as I call it is ANet’s law of silence. I remember the days before launch when ANet needed a player base, there was a multitude of articles, blogs, pictures and videos.

Yup and then players took everything written there as gospel and started demanding that they adhere to their demands.

You can’t place all the blame on the players, when there were many things stated, then Anet later did the complete opposite. I think account-bound to character-bound dyes is one of the best examples of this. Other changes in design have had very split opinions among players, but account-based dyes was a popular idea that I think most liked.

If you’re hyping up an aspect of the game enough to dedicate an entire blog post to it, you should expect players to be upset when one of the key points of that blog ends being completely false at release or some point after. I know that games change over the course of development, and even after in the case of MMOs, but making changes that contradict previous statements and views on game design need to come with very good reasoning and explanation for the changes. I don’t think the dye change explanation did much to ease the players’ dislike of the change.

Sometimes the changes come from a more business/profit-oriented viewpoint, which does make the entire situation more difficult for Anet to explain, and the players to accept. If you are trading in your word (or your credibility/honesty, whatever you want to call it) for what you (or someone else) considers a good business decision, then you are probably going to anger customers. The problem is that even though the decision might seem good for business/profits, angering your customers is a bad business decision. It creates an environment where it’s simply easier to say nothing, and keep making business-minded decisions instead of making promises you’ll be expected to uphold.

I would like to see this change, so we can return to a situation where they can make statements about their upcoming changes and decisions, but we aren’t dealing with that Anet anymore. I expect the trend of silent business-minded decisions to continue to prevail over promises of popular decisions. It’s just so much easier to defend/damage control a silent change, than to regain the trust after a broken promise.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

You can’t place all the blame on the players, when there were many things stated, then Anet later did the complete opposite. I think account-bound to character-bound dyes is one of the best examples of this. Other changes in design have had very split opinions among players, but account-based dyes was a popular idea that I think most liked.

If you’re hyping up an aspect of the game enough to dedicate an entire blog post to it, you should expect players to be upset when one of the key points of that blog ends being completely false at release or some point after. I know that games change over the course of development, and even after in the case of MMOs, but making changes that contradict previous statements and views on game design need to come with very good reasoning and explanation for the changes. I don’t think the dye change explanation did much to ease the players’ dislike of the change.

Sometimes the changes come from a more business/profit-oriented viewpoint, which does make the entire situation more difficult for Anet to explain, and the players to accept. If you are trading in your word (or your credibility/honesty, whatever you want to call it) for what you (or someone else) considers a good business decision, then you are probably going to anger customers. The problem is that even though the decision might seem good for business/profits, angering your customers is a bad business decision. It creates an environment where it’s simply easier to say nothing, and keep making business-minded decisions instead of making promises you’ll be expected to uphold.

I would like to see this change, so we can return to a situation where they can make statements about their upcoming changes and decisions, but we aren’t dealing with that Anet anymore. I expect the trend of silent business-minded decisions to continue to prevail over promises of popular decisions. It’s just so much easier to defend/damage control a silent change, than to regain the trust after a broken promise.

The bolded/underlined part of your statement makes them look racist for not letting all characters indulge in all the colors available once obtained by one character on the account. {:-þ

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

That’s a good point that I hadn’t considered. WvW has seen some modifications since launch, but has received nowhere near as much attention as PvE. I tend to have blind spots relating to game modes I don’t care for.

Alice.8694

I certainly can and I will… You cannot have an open development discussion with players if your ideas are going to be interpreted by the players as ABSOLUTELY SET IN STONE. Not to mention all the people who had no interest in GW2’s future and instead used these buzz topics to try and create negativity around the game.

The very nature of game development means that what you planned won’t always turn out exactly how you intended it to be. Arenanet’s dev blog was full of romanticizing language and when making a game your ideas either translate or they do not.

While Arenanet tried being open about their development thought process, players ultimately pushed it too far. Now I imagine when ever they want to discuss up and coming ideas, their PR department is silently shaking its head. Because players cannot handle ideas, they just want to know what they are getting and when. And that’s all that Arenanet tell us any more really.

As for the dyes, they’ve given their reasoning why that was changed. You might not like it, but they’ve given it. Players would like a lot of things, just because they like something doesn’t mean giving them it would be good for the game as a whole.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure the disadvantages that came with the previous Account-wide dye implementation would really be so engaging to the community.

You had to wait 24 hours after planting a ‘seed’ that dropped, unless you wanted to buy an item from the Gem store to speed up identification. (And you have seen how paying for Dye IDs has gone over elsewhere.) You also had to visit your Home Instance (how often does the majority visit there? I know I don’t go that often, and I even have nodes), to pick up your newly-identified dye, as well as the fact that you could only ID one dye per 24 hours. (Unless you bought another item from the Gem Store. I believe that was the only way to identify more than one at a time, if that was even possible.)

So, even though the dyes were Account-wide, the design did have some rather limiting drawbacks.

I have to say, that I always find comments about the lack of Dev communication puzzling. I see plenty of Dev postings almost every day. You only have to look at the ‘Dev Posts’ thread to see what they are saying.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

This is not even a true dev tracker

There is rarely a game developer posting or putting up so called “blogs” like many other forums do. This dev tracker mostly made up of posts by community managers/PR and they relay info from dev to community but only thing we hear is “SOON , we are aware, we are working on it..etc etc”

I can count the number of developer posts on my hand in daggum massive70 page ranger CDI. – That right there shows me they don’t have the answers or just don’t care about informing the community

And please for the love of god, don’t say "well their busy working , etc etc)

This has literally been one of the slowest developing games I’ve ever seen.
The rampant focus on gemstore items + LS story is the only true development they worry about. Everything else is lower priority.
Balancing is at an abysmal state, pvp just got wrecked, nothing has seriously changed from the zerk PvE meta or zerging, so I don’t see the excuse of “their too busy to answer” actually holding up…I see very little actual development the 3 cores in this game (PvE,PvP, WvW).

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Ok you have let us know (again) that the game is dead and burried and you only come on because you love the game. Yes the blind never will see that supporting a side that is obviously wrong is futile. Yes you will scream and shout and no one will listen. Perhaps a new hobby is in order?

Alice.8694

I can count the number of developer posts on my hand in daggum massive70 page ranger CDI. – That right there shows me they don’t have the answers or just don’t care about informing the community

They’ve been pretty candid that they will not talk about potential changes, only solid and about to be released content. In a sense, you are correct that they do not have the anwsers. Because your black and white concept of answers just doesn’t work when talking about conceptual ideas. They have instead chosen to only tell us the definite and nothing else.
While they do engage in discussions in the CDI, they always adhere to this rule.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I fear, ANets silence is the only reason why people are still here.

If the one patch people await will be less than uber awesome, people will get mad. ANet probably is afraid to see the reaction on what they have to offer.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If the one patch people await will be less than uber awesome, people will get mad. ANet probably is afraid to see the reaction on what they have to offer.

And suddenly we all realize why they decided to hide it behind 11 weeks of dubveedub tourney time.

“Guys, what if we just delay it for another two months? Surely by then they’ll forget how amazing we made it sound?”

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

There is rarely a game developer posting or putting up so called “blogs” like many other forums do. This dev tracker mostly made up of posts by community managers/PR and they relay info from dev to community but only thing we hear is “SOON , we are aware, we are working on it..etc etc”

And please for the love of god, don’t say "well their busy working , etc etc)

This has literally been one of the slowest developing games I’ve ever seen.
The rampant focus on gemstore items + LS story is the only true development they worry about. Everything else is lower priority.
Balancing is at an abysmal state, pvp just got wrecked, nothing has seriously changed from the zerk PvE meta or zerging, so I don’t see the excuse of “their too busy to answer” actually holding up…I see very little actual development the 3 cores in this game (PvE,PvP, WvW).

This! Applause for reading my post. This game is about dragons, do we hear about them? No, an MMO is also about new explorable regions do we hear about those? No, saying for example that there will be 3 new zones in about 3 months time isn’t asking for the world. Saying Morderemoth will come out of hiding around Spring 2015 would be the end of the world but at least I would know for sure it’s time to quit the game and not waste further time here. T o see a video or pictures about what they are working on right now would be a tremendous +, but they have quit keeping us informed and that is what I find unacceptable.

I know a lot of people will say about my following statement that I can’t look at it this way or it doesn’t work like that. How can I not? Think about this the game took 60 months to create 25 zones and 5 cities. That represent 1 full completed zone every 2 months. To all those playing since day one that’s 19 months the equivalent of 9 possible new zones. We saw 1 permanent and 1 they took away after 2 weeks and both had nothing to do with the main storyline of the game, need I say more. One more thing development started with around 150 employees they are now roughly 360 employees. The only rumor I’ve seen but with no confirmation is nothing new is on the way before the end of July not even L.S season 2. Not that we care about L.S anyway. We seem to hear more about what we’re not gonna get than what we will.
That is one more nail in the game’s coffin. The current trend is unacceptable but that is only one opinion among millions of players. I’m only 1 ex supporter of the store and trust me when I say I’ve been a heavy supporter, but my faith and support for this company is now 0%. All that’s needed to renew it is Collins coming here with pics, videos or blogs about something called dragons or explorable zones. Anything less would mean the don’t give a Skritt.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Do you want me to list the account names of the people who are saying GW2 is dying from the forum?

If you check out the forums frequently, you will soon understand that the people who are posting are in general the same and quite frankly the people who say the game is dying and the boat is sinking or whatever … are also the same.

Even if not, people have been saying that game is dying since the release. With every single MMO releasing, people opened threads that the game is dead and we should leave, with every signle guild leaving, the game is dead. The same trend have been in WoW since 10 years and the forums are filled with 10 year archives of threads saying WoW is dying.

Now, let’s assume it is. I personally can’t understand the mentality of those people, who comment negativly in every single GW2 thread, bashing the people who want more, supporting the ones who want to leave. What, since 2, 3 months? Seriously, the mentality of an individual who enters a gaming forum to tell the players to leave, coming everyday to a game he hates, just to make others hate it with hin. It is like we are in those creepy movies with alot of sick people with messed up minds, which is exactly what we have here. Sorry if you get offended my dear hater, you obviously can hate the game cause there is no rule saying everyone should like it, but staying in a gaming forum for months, living another day just to hate in another thread, is insane.

‘’Yes Anet will die becasue there is a korean grind fest out there who offers nothing but another copy of the other +5000000 MMOs out there in asia. It is pay to win but who cares. It is grindy but who cares. There is nothing new but cares. The forums are asian and all your negative threads gets deleted but who cares. It is great cause it got +200 million players like all the other games out there. MOST SUCCESSFUL MMO IN HISTORY, leave GW2 you fools.’’

To be continued.

Posted by: VitaminK.2517

VitaminK.2517

Well i think they just don’t know how to treat the players or don’t want to talk. This is the first game i play in which people really try hard to get around with certain problems (no gvg, spvp tournament problems, overflow mechanic) which don’t get fixed or are heard by Anet. So there is/was so much sympathy by players. But nothing happens.

But on the otherside Anet employees hype upcoming patches or LS parts like there is no tomorrow. And at the end it’s quite disillusioning.

In 2 weeks ESO is going to launch and there is nothing said about the near future by Anet (oh sorry i forgot the new wvw season, wohooo).

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Well i think they just don’t know how to treat the players or don’t want to talk. This is the first game i play in which people really try hard to get around with certain problems (no gvg, spvp tournament problems, overflow mechanic) which don’t get fixed or are heard by Anet. So there is/was so much sympathy by players. But nothing happens.

But on the otherside Anet employees hype upcoming patches or LS parts like there is no tomorrow. And at the end it’s quite disillusioning.

In 2 weeks ESO is going to launch and there is nothing said about the near future by Anet (oh sorry i forgot the new wvw season, wohooo).

Oh that’s okay. Nothing has changed in WvW since season two except server density and guild locations. If anything it will be even less exciting since the pve AP grinders won’t be around as long trying to complete the meta.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

snip

You have been on this forums for two weeks active now. I can understand that the concept of discussion might be tight for someone new. But if everyone just praises what we got, than nothing will change for the better.

Welcome on the forums btw.

VitaminK.2517

Now, let’s assume it is. I personally can’t understand the mentality of those people, who comment negativly in every single GW2 thread, bashing the people who want more, supporting the ones who want to leave. What, since 2, 3 months? Seriously, the mentality of an individual who enters a gaming forum to tell the players to leave, coming everyday to a game he hates, just to make others hate it with hin. It is like we are in those creepy movies with alot of sick people with messed up minds, which is exactly what we have here. Sorry if you get offended my dear hater, you obviously can hate the game cause there is no rule saying everyone should like it, but staying in a gaming forum for months, living another day just to hate in another thread, is insane.

To be fair, there are enough people coming to this forum because they actually care. Although i agree with you that GW2 won’t die i ask myself in which direction this game is going. Especially after all that “push 1 and zerg” events lately.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

snip

You have been on this forums for two weeks active now. I can understand that the concept of discussion might be tight for someone new. But if everyone just praises what we got, than nothing will change for the better.

Welcome on the forums btw.

What will hate change?

I don’t think the game is perfect and I do know they experiement too much and therefore limit the opportunity of releasing actual content, however I also do know that pure hating doesn’t help.

I know that the team who released GW2 back in time are cabable of giving us the same experience that we got back in time. Am I right? Well, maybe not, but at least I have faith and I will gladly support all the feedback thread who show whatever the game is doing the wrong way.

Going arond saying GW2 is a sinking ship isn’t an option, people have been doing it here and in WoW all the time, it just make people lose the value of your complaints. Alot of people have really nice thoughts, though they end up coming up with insane conclusions sometimes based on anger.

Alice.8694

To be fair, there are enough people coming to this forum because they actually care. Although i agree with you that GW2 won’t die i ask myself in which direction this game is going. Especially after all that “push 1 and zerg” events lately.

I think the problem lies in a lack of a unified vision. There was one when designing the base game but now it’s out the content seems to be extremely inconsistent. This is probably caused by having modular content teams taking turns each release due to the time constraints imposed by a 2 week turnaround.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

That’s a good point that I hadn’t considered. WvW has seen some modifications since launch, but has received nowhere near as much attention as PvE. I tend to have blind spots relating to game modes I don’t care for.

Thanks for the response. That’s totally understandable.

I just happen to play both.

The following is only my summary observation of the state of developer-customer relations regarding WvW. It is not meant to be a complaint/rant/whine.

With the latest patch, and the continued silence from ANet regarding numerous issues over a long-dry period, the conclusion within a large part of the WvW community (right or wrong) is that ANet does not value those WvW customers enough to communicate with them.

On-going lack of attention to hacks, bugs, issues and very little content added, does indeed start to add up to create a negative experience. Many customers there still were holding out hope. The “final straw”, so to speak, that deflated a lot of that hope, was the absolute silence on account bound Wxp with this current patch. (It would have been good marketing, or at least a good will gesture on the part of ANet, if someone had issued a statement acknowledging last November’s statement of intent, the missed addition of that content in January and reassured those customers that the content was indeed being worked on, and that they were not forgotten.)

The message being sent (whether intended or not), is that WvW is being deliberately ignored. In essence, many customers feel they are being told they are not wanted. Therefore, many have concluded they should not stay where they are not wanted.

I’ve rarely seen that message conveyed so strongly in a game outside of Jeff Kaplan’s blatant dismissal of customers (a blunder that cost Blizzard dearly).

I just don’t understand it.

And I’m sure that it is totally unintended. Perception is a powerful thing, though. It creates reality (in spite of any contradicting data). And can be corrected with open communication.

The amount of silence in the WvW area is quite high compared to PvE, making it one of the factors regarding attrition. In WvW, ongoing silence is apparently damaging the GW2 brand.

It hurts to see that happening. To both those customers and ANet.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

VitaminK.2517

I think the problem lies in a lack of a unified vision. There was one when designing the base game but now it’s out the content seems to be extremely inconsistent. This is probably caused by having modular content teams taking turns each release due to the time constraints imposed by a 2 week turnaround.

Indeed there is no one quality level. As far as i know Anet stated a while ago that every content team has minimum 4 weeks for their stuff, so i think the problem is somewhere else.

Alice.8694

Indeed there is no one quality level. As far as i know Anet stated a while ago that every content team has minimum 4 weeks for their stuff, so i think the problem is somewhere else.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant… In order for content to come out every two weeks… With a 4 week development time. You’d would need two teams working tag team for each update.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

~~~snip ~~~

And maybe your overlooking the reasons why servers become virtual ghost towns and promote the ones that remain to transfer out to sunnier climbs…. its certainly not because of your server being the in place…think before you speak me thinks!

You think having a few stacked servers and a plethora of all but empty and lifeless ones makes for a thriving populous?…

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

VitaminK.2517

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant… In order for content to come out every two weeks… With a 4 week development time. You’d would need two teams working tag team for each update.

Ok i got it. Yes might be the problem for the quality divergence.

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

edit: fatal error while trying to post just a second ago and lost what i was posting. that was annoying.

anyway, tl;dr, i was saying you get your money’s worth for this game and i appreciate what i have received. i’m not a fanboy and dont care about the lore, but i like the gameplay.

these threads and the people leaving the game have nothing to do with the game’s makers silence. i’d be willing to bet that less than 5% of the entire player base have even read the forums for more than a thread or two, let alone pay attention to how much the devs post.