About that blix exploit....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Meh, all the farmers knew it was going to happen. “Toxic” community or not, it happens to every farm. I agree that some people go off the deepend about others completing the event. They have every right to complete it for legitimate reasons. However, there was rarely a case of anyone completing it just to complete it. I’m not defending one side or the other, but no one was ever at those events other than to farm, otherwise they would still be completed just whenever a small group of players felt like it.

That’s nonsense.

If I go out there right now with the intention to complete it with my friends, I’d bet you gold at least one person will have a conniption about it.

Likely several, if not the whole map. Try and say that isn’t true. Show me how convincing you can be to sell that pile.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Anyone saying this event doesn’t make a toxic environment clearly has all forms of chat off. I’ve seen expletives, name calling, blocking, and reporting a number of times directed at people. And it turned out (most times, not every time) that the guys just didn’t know how the farm worked.

I’ll be glad to see it go personally.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

People who think they are white knights…will feel it most when prices go up on the AH :P

PS. Never exploited this. But after reading all the posts here the biggest QQ kids around here are the ppl trolling inside the circle honestly…specially after seeing how highly they think of themselves after doing it. Correct way was to just open a topic….report the bug and that’s it.

Anyway… get ready for prices to go up haha

@Anet u make a game in which everything at endgame depends on how rich u are but most players are poor and/or can’t honestly make enough money (playing normal hours/day) to enjoy the game at end-game without farming like a bot and expect people to be nontoxic when they find a way to work together in order to make a bit of gold.

This all falls on your shoulders and your decision to make everything in this game require more grinding for basically anything, then korean mmos. The only reason i don’t report exploits like these is because of the biblical grindfest this game has become and u basicly deserve your game to be exploited in such ways, atleast until u learn a hard lesson. Not to mention the last Living Story updates which could have easily be renamed into Lumberjack Simulator 2014.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Such exploits need to get fixed in the future much sooner, before already everyone and their moms have abused it for half an eternity to the point, that it seriously affects the game economy…

Why get such things always first fixed, when its way tooo late?
Why must always first someone write something about these exploits in the forum, before some actions are being made against such kind of exploits

However, thanks that this gets fixed now, even it its already too late.
At least take a look it it now, who exploits this now extremely more in the moments before it gets fixed, so that those people which keep on exploiting this further, get punished…

Just increasing only the respawn timer alone doesn#t fix everything!!
You have to look also at the event design self, that failing intentionally an event shouldn’t stop countless other events at this map to appear.
Events need to be independent from each other!
If 1 event fails, then there should appear other alternative events which could be done to lead to the point, that an event chain doesn’t get broken, only because of one event failing.
Thats what is beign meant with real dynamic events. There is nothing dynamic about it, if you can bring forcefully an event chain to break, if just one event fails.
Dynamic it would be, if you can continue your event chain, but failing one quest means, you have to do next an alternative different event, than that, what would normally have to be done next, if the previous quest would have been done successfully.

Thats the way, how real dynamic event chains have to work. An event chain should never be breakable!.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

Lol…this isnt even about the ignorant newcomers that need to get their achievements done. There are legit “trolls” in this game…hell even “troll guilds” (guilds full of trolls) who will go out of their way — literally looking for opportunities — to make an enjoyable time miserable for the majority of players. Its absurd to support this kind of grieving behavior, yet ANet seems to lack sensibility. I really enjoy this game but everyday its making me look the other way for newer games on the horizons.

These “trolls” and “white knights”…I have no idea what kind of high they get out of annoying other players, but alas, que sera, sera.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

A fix is currently being prepared for this issue.

While the behavior (design) of this event was acceptable in the past, changes in the game over time have created an environment around this event that has become increasingly toxic (for the community) due to unintended use/change of mechanics.

Players should not feel that they are in the wrong for completing an event (or event chain), and that is what is happening with this event. The respawn timer for this event will be significantly increased.

Orr is a terrible endgame-zone, a big desert of a graveyard with awful atmosphere and stacked with highly annoying, fast respawning mobs and I hate it with passion since release (how great would an Ascalonian-zone have been instead, with large ruins of towns and castles and remainings of ancient battlefields?).

The only time I had some fun in Orr was with cycle-farming events before the nerfs killed that (and to some extend with temple-events as long as there were enough people) – not only because of the farming, fighting wave upon wave of risen attackers with a lot of other players is the only thing that fits in there.

You should try to revive that deserted zone instead of killing it even more (and Mega-servers are not a real and everlasting solution here).

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Local chat only gets bad when you find those farming groups (like the people exploiting Blix) who KNOW they’re not playing the game the way its intended, and just don’t care. They’re focused entirely on grinding their phat loots, and get unfathomably furious when that gravy train is disrupted.

They are the absolute dregs of the GW2 community. I will honestly say outside of those cesspools, the in game community in GW2 is among the best I’ve ever experienced in an MMO.

So, when players are working together, helping each other in a social manner, thats somehow a "bad’ thing in an MMO. Compared to the people in this thread, including the one whom already admitted to grieving them? You folks certainly have a quirky moral compass. I think it’s truly the pot calling the kettle black. Especially when one of the known players to troll the Queensdale Train was found trolling Blix repeatedly yesterday. I think these complainers are the bad seeds in this scenario. Especially when Blix isn’t being run on every layer. You have a choice NOT to taxi to a layer running Blix.

Oh, and btw… since you mentioned loot, let’s call it what it is, jealously. These few players complain incessantly and whine whenever any large group of players socially farm an area with good rewards. The greater GW2 community would do better without the few bratty children whom can’t allow others to have fun and obtain loot.

Yep. I’ve been running it tonight, and people have been having a good time – fireworks, dropping boosts (because, really, where else are they useful aside from champ/karma trains?), fun boxes, and joking around in chat.

Let’s be honest here, trains are popular because the loot in this game is skewed. The few things of value are rather expensive to obtain, and the game fails to provide adequate rewards. Thus, farming becomes necessary if you want to craft (or hell, BUY) your ascended items, or if you’re working toward a legendary. Dungeons and Fractals certainly don’t provide much – you have to run dungeons repeatedly to generate decent rewards from them (without a chance of dungeon armors dropping…) and the several fractal loot tables (through 50) that players have shared & recorded are pretty dismal.

This game has a great deal of things to do, but players gravitate toward farms because they actually get rewarded. When Blix is gone they’ll simply gravitate to the next one. Because it’s the best way to get money without resorting to playing the TP, which to be honest, can be less fun than a good, social train (also more prone to failure, depending on experience). It’s also the best odds at getting a valuable drop, although they’re still quite low.

Perhaps this is just coming from games that were rewarding across the board, where it never felt like “normal gameplay” was somehow setting me at a disadvantage, and I could quite possibly obtain something of value through the normal course of gameplay. If I was desperate, I’d just run all of the dailies. Crafting had value, as did the items that were craftable, so that added another layer of income. The same can’t exactly be said here. My prior games were less grind oriented, and I never farmed for anything – because truthfully, it’s not that appealing in a world full of content – I worked for my loot, my gold/credits/whatever, but it was never reliant upon farming. Odd, that.

If Anet wants train activities to cease (as evidenced by FGC, QD, the Lyssa Farm, and now Blix) they clearly need to rework the level of reward offered by standard content. Nothing over the top, but enough that a player doesn’t feel the need to farm incessantly (look at what foxfire did to the playerbase, ha). Or perhaps that’s their means of retaining replayability? Until then, people will continue to hop farming opportunity to farming opportunity, or running EOTM. It is what it is.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Such exploits need to get fixed in the future much sooner, before already everyone and their moms have abused it for half an eternity to the point, that it seriously affects the game economy…

Why must always first someone write someone about these exploits in the forum, before some actions are being made against such kind of exploits

At least take a look it it now, who exploits this now extremely more in the moments before it gets fixed, so that those people which keep on exploiting this further, get punished…

You have to look also at the event design self, that failing intentionally an event shouldn’t stop countless other events at this map to appear.
If 1 event fails, then there should appear other alternative events which could be done to lead to the point, that an event chain doesn’t get broken, only because of one event failing.
Thats what is beign meant with real dynamic events. There is nothing dynamic about it, if you can bring forcefully an event chain to break, if just one event fails.
Dynamic it would be, if you can continue your event chain, but failing one quest means, you have to do next an alternative different event, than that, what would normally have to be done next, if the previous quest would have been done successfully.

Thats the way, how real dynamic event chains have to work. An event chain should never be breakable!.

Well the devs gave players too much credit that they would try to achieve the goal of the meta rather than fail it midway intentionally simply to get more loot.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

(anti farmers rich elites)

The rich elite? More like some player, mostly some casuals who are not really rich, wants to complete the event chain.

Part psychological, players want to complete the event, even if it’s less rewarding, just for sake of completing the event. They don’t always have time for “later”.

On one thought tho, I really wish that the players exploiting this design flaw would have their accounts reverted, due to very hostile behaviour and supporting use of exploitable issues…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

islarose.7356

Why must always first someone write something about these exploits in the forum, before some actions are being made against such kind of exploits

You have to look also at the event design self, that failing intentionally an event shouldn’t stop countless other events at this map to appear.”

How about: Failing an event intentionally shouldn’t be more rewarding than succeeding it.

Honestly, if players are trying to obtain T6 mats for legendary crafting, greens and blues for salvaging, and the occasional yellow to sell or salvage for ectos.. I don’t see this as disrupting the economy significantly. They’re actually having fun, and earning a small amount of gold. The only other options for the same are similar events (fail>win), world bosses, or EOTM. End game consists of WvW, PvP (which are, admittedly, not for every PvE player), dungeons & fractals, and events. Without trains, they’re left with occasional event chains and world bosses. Which most definitely get old, relatively quickly. Dungeons and Fractals reward less than events, have a cap, and are stale. Fractals are very unreliable in their loot tables (rings, rings and rings) and don’t reward the effort and coordination required adequately.

islarose.7356

(anti farmers rich elites)

The rich elite? More like some player, mostly some casuals who are not really rich, wants to complete the event chain.

Part psychological, players want to complete the event, even if it’s less rewarding, just for sake of completing the event. They don’t always have time for “later”.

On one thought tho, I really wish that the players exploiting this design flaw would have their accounts reverted, due to very hostile behaviour and supporting use of exploitable issues…

Yet I’ve only seen that event completed successfully maybe twice before the farm got popular. It’s usually a ghost town. Oh, that’s with exception to when the defend event was a popular farm, which they fixed ages ago.

islarose.7356

And it turned out (most times, not every time) that the guys just didn’t know how the farm worked.

I’ll be glad to see it go personally.

Every run I’ve done has a few people giving direction, explaining how it works, and why it’s beneficial to let the event fail. It’s simple: 1. Stack on Blix, spawn champs through scaling. 2. Stay in tunnel, use reflects. 3. Keep elites alive, never let the circle go empty, focus champs. Kill mobs when they reach the group.

Pretty easy.

I’m sure you were also glad to see the other trains go, and every other means of earning gold aside from TP flipping, farming the same dungeons on repeat 2 years in, and the world boss circuit.

#BuyGems!

islarose.7356

Then again, is this where the QD Champ Train went to? If it is as toxic as it sounds, I’m willing to bet Gems that it is the remnants of the toxic element of the QD Champ Train.

It’s toxic not because of big group playing as they want, it’s toxic because of trolls. I was in QD train, and i run on Blinx farm. It’s always the same: someone just ignore all persuasion for group and kill champs in QD before zerg, or complete Blinx’s event. So essentially just wasted time of big group of players.

Thats exactly the thing though. Train is going around doing its thing which is fine. Some players arent part of the train and they’re doing their thing. If they come across a champion they are free to just attack and kill it. its unrealistic to expect players need to threat champions as untouchable until the train arrives or having to enquire if there is train and if this champion is part of that rotation and when the train will arrive etc..

The train simply has no right to be angry much less toxic because someone killed a champion before it got there.

At the end of the day the player doing his/her thing is playing the game as intended, the train a bit less so.

The QD train lost it’s mind with 1-2 particular players who would show up almost daily and kill the bosses out of order. It was never a random player who “just didn’t know”. even then, I never saw a toxic rage fest in my time farming the monthly champ/event achievements. I don’t think I ever saw FGS get toxic either.

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

Here’s some screencaps where I do not engage the farmers at all in conversation, and instead just try to complete the event. http://imgur.com/a/cgNmN

islarose.7356

If you feel offended in anyway by anyone just use the report function, as for the farm I see no problem with it and if ANet keeps nerfing every farm in the game there will be a lot of qq about the AH not having certain items anymore or because the price is too high, guess what those items need to be farmed I know crazy right.

I mean, beyond WvW & PvP, what else is there to do but farm? Farm dungeons, farm fractals, farm world bosses, farm events/champ trains.. Kill off the variety and it gets old, even faster than it already is. Even EOTM is basically a karma/champ farm. Aside from dungeons/fractals/worldbosses.. there are trolls everywhere. They get off on upsetting others, whether it’s destroying siege, killing a boss before the mob, or forcing an event to succeed/fail. This community at its most vitriolic is a good day in most other games.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Here’s some screencaps where I do not engage the farmers at all in conversation, and instead just try to complete the event. http://imgur.com/a/cgNmN

so… you are intentionally griefing 70 players just for the fun of their reaction? Just because you know that doing so will make them unhappy? They weren’t rude, the only reason it got worse was because you were ignoring them all.

Often people will explain to players what is going, and how it can be a nice thing, however you decided it would be more fun to just ruin it for everyone. Also, don’t tell me you did it because you wanted to complete the event. If you really care you could have taken 2 seconds to find a map with no farm on it, there is 10 blixx farm lfg at any time, you could join one and leave your megaserver, I bet you did the complete opposite.

If you think those guys are the bad guy, I have a bad news, there is a special place in hell for people like you.

(edited by Trice.4598)

islarose.7356

Because you’re intentionally halting the train, making it take 20 minutes to respawn. You didn’t go to other map instances, or try any other event in the zone, you intentionally went to the one people wanted to fail. There’s no innocence in that. I will say, it takes some confidence to go in front of your fellow players and hinder them from what they were working toward knowingly and intentionally. That’s why they get upset.

Especially when they explain the strategy every minute in /say chat. That’s what they’re upset about; not your desire to complete it, but your desire to thwart what they’re collectively working on. But, you’ve got Anet’s backing, so bra-vo. They’ll just move to the next.. and the next.. and the next.. until trolls continue to get them shut down. Then, when there’s nothing left, they’ll leave. Because trains, like it or not, keep people playing. It’s their only means of decent reward. Without reward, the motivation to sign in dies.. unless they want to idle in LA and have a glorified chat room.

Posted by: Lippuringo.1742

Lippuringo.1742

I just get it. It’s almost the same what’s happened with Zoe Quinn and Wizzardchan drama.
http://imgur.com/a/cgNmN
Basically some tards trolling big group of people who enjoying peaceful things of them, and everyone start hating this people because haters trolled them. kitten genius.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Typical Anet… can’t have players enjoying themselves and having fun now can we…

Thing is, they aren’t enjoying themselves. Both sides are kittening about the other.

If it was kept down, Anet would be a bit slower to take action.

islarose.7356

Meh, all the farmers knew it was going to happen. “Toxic” community or not, it happens to every farm. I agree that some people go off the deepend about others completing the event. They have every right to complete it for legitimate reasons. However, there was rarely a case of anyone completing it just to complete it. I’m not defending one side or the other, but no one was ever at those events other than to farm, otherwise they would still be completed just whenever a small group of players felt like it.

That’s nonsense.

If I go out there right now with the intention to complete it with my friends, I’d bet you gold at least one person will have a conniption about it.

Likely several, if not the whole map. Try and say that isn’t true. Show me how convincing you can be to sell that pile.

Of course they will, because they know that you know it will thwart their efforts. You’d be doing it intentionally. There are other maps, other events, but you’re basically saying “kitten you guys, this is what I want to do! I don’t care if you’re trying to make something happen, or not happen – I don’t care if it’s a 20 minute respawn, and the most social area and most rewarding gameplay at the moment. I want to ruin it for you.”

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

A player should not feel ostracized for wanting to complete an event.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

For lack of a better word, those event farms that have been around since the beginning of the game are completely “lame”. But nothing you should bother about – you are not missing out on rich storytelling nor (fantasy-)material gain. In this single case, at least no important follow ups are blocked as far as I know. Finally, the blame is really on game design, when such activities offer way better rewards than exciting, risky, meaningful and fun content.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

There is 3000 different events they could complete, and if they wanted to complete this one, they could easily complete it on another map by taking 2 seconds. This is not about wanting to complete a useless event. Heck getting into one of those megaserver takes forever, you don’t just end up in them, you join them.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Soooo, 50+ people working together versus one guy trolling the whole zerg…

And you feel entitled, gosh…

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Aetheldrake.6395

Aetheldrake.6395

There is 3000 different events they could complete, and if they wanted to complete this one, they could easily complete it on another map by taking 2 seconds. This is not about wanting to complete a useless event. Heck getting into one of those megaserver takes forever, you don’t just end up in them, you join them.

everybody is always in a megaserver, everything is megaserver, there is no “non” megaserver, just multiple map instances now

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

Agreed. It takes active effort to get into such maps. Even players that want to participate in a quality farm have to painstakingly attempt to get into such an instance. This is a mere example of player-grievous behavior trolls indulge in that I stated previously in my comments.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

(edited by Tyyphoon.5301)

islarose.7356

The toxicity of the community that once existed in Queensdale is as ever prevalent now during the Blix event.

They only get toxic when someone botches it intentionally. The rest of the time they’re typically friendly and having fun, sharing boosts, telling jokes, whatever.

I dont mind that its there. Its just that its all people do. There isn’t another event on the map that can gather more than 4 or 5 people.
Fail or not, set the re-try timer to 10-15 minutes so that there is room for other events to be done during the down time.

Because rewards.

Local chat only gets bad when you find those farming groups (like the people exploiting Blix) who KNOW they’re not playing the game the way its intended, and just don’t care. They’re focused entirely on grinding their phat loots, and get unfathomably furious when that gravy train is disrupted.

They are the absolute dregs of the GW2 community. I will honestly say outside of those cesspools, the in game community in GW2 is among the best I’ve ever experienced in an MMO.

The dregs? The friendly bunch sharing their boosts and chatting, telling jokes, and generally having fun in a game reliant, in part, on events? They’re friendly, they give instructions & reasoning every few minutes, and they only got kittened once in my few hours there tonight when they got trolled. (Thanks for the heads up on the train by the way, OP!) True, they shouldn’t have taken the bait, but whatever. I’m on my last legs as it is. WvW is still recovering after seasons, and I’m only logging in for WB circuit and farming.. for some reason. There are other events like this already, where players will go farm when this gets nerfed. When it’s all gone, they’ll move on. Dungeons are just tired, and less social, fun and chaotic, and fractals have kitten rewards.

We’re gonna put diminishing returns on loot so you can’t farm. Then we’re gonna nerf good farming spots into the ground, all to make the game less grindy. Riiiiight. Keep swiping your credit card for gems.

Of course people are going to get mad when a good thing gets disrupted.

Not mad per say, but a bit baffled.

Don’t be too surprised that in the next update the event will be patched to prevent this from happening. Players are creative, they’ll find another place to mob and farm. Give them some time to realise the sheer amount of time wasted getting worked up over trivial things like this. The sweet, sweet moment of revelation

Eh, they know the next site to go to for farming. And they will. They’re not so much worked up, but more about enjoying it before it’s gone. If I hadn’t found out about this tonight, I definitely wouldn’t have bothered logging in.

I wouldn’t call it an exploit. But it is stupid and cheap. I was passing through the other night, and got at least 5 group invites, and prompty rejected them all. I don’t mind farming, kind of enjoy it really, but purposly failing events to get a champ is just lame. But hey, if thats how you want to play it….

Building a game that’s more rewarding for failure is lame. But, if that’s how they want to build it..

Anyway, I’ll shut up now. The farm was fun, made some gold – which was refreshing after months of EOTM, dungeons and World Bosses. Broke up the sheer boredom a bit. Archeage this weekend! (No need to farm content? What?? Rewarding “normal” gameplay?! You don’t say!)

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Then again, is this where the QD Champ Train went to? If it is as toxic as it sounds, I’m willing to bet Gems that it is the remnants of the toxic element of the QD Champ Train.

It’s toxic not because of big group playing as they want, it’s toxic because of trolls. I was in QD train, and i run on Blinx farm. It’s always the same: someone just ignore all persuasion for group and kill champs in QD before zerg, or complete Blinx’s event. So essentially just wasted time of big group of players.

Thats exactly the thing though. Train is going around doing its thing which is fine. Some players arent part of the train and they’re doing their thing. If they come across a champion they are free to just attack and kill it. its unrealistic to expect players need to threat champions as untouchable until the train arrives or having to enquire if there is train and if this champion is part of that rotation and when the train will arrive etc..

The train simply has no right to be angry much less toxic because someone killed a champion before it got there.

At the end of the day the player doing his/her thing is playing the game as intended, the train a bit less so.

The QD train lost it’s mind with 1-2 particular players who would show up almost daily and kill the bosses out of order. It was never a random player who “just didn’t know”. even then, I never saw a toxic rage fest in my time farming the monthly champ/event achievements. I don’t think I ever saw FGS get toxic either.

someone griefing the train is a different story. Still no reason to be toxic, they should just report them and move on.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Wrong approach to the whole situation, imo. They should just ban the players who literally abuse failure states of events.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: manddras.1794

manddras.1794

Cursed Shore 50+ people intentionally failing this event so they can wow farm it, and raging like animals at people who want to finish it…

Claims of 100+gold and hour luring more people to it all the time.

None of the other events are doable because of the amount of jerks farming this thing.
Not to mention it screws up people who want to actually finish the event so they can do the next one.

You know, by not doing this event, you prevent to appear only 3 of them and 2 from defending the points but don’t take these two in account because they are basically the same. There are like 50-60 event in cursed shore… And you know what you earn by finishing the event chain ? NOTHING. I mean you gain 2 useless karma vendor. If only there were mechanics like in Dry Tops with tiered vendor, or like in the karka zone where you need to keep all of the 4 camp… but no, there is no such mechanics in all orr.

And by the way it’s impossible to gain 100+ gold by hour with this farm even if you sell everything on the TP (except if you loot a precursor), you gain like 1 gilded chest per minute if people do it perfectly for as much as 10-20 gold per hour (actually you earn the same thing by farming champion in AC story), and you are very (un)lucky to get in an organised blix map because farmer use the same technic than guild that do organised tequatl and wurm. If you care that much to finish the event you can always relog and everyone will be happy. As you see now, you fight for nothing, and you troll everyone.

Also, you can make more money by playing the TP.

Posted by: Dreamer.1952

Dreamer.1952

A-net against farming is not the right word to say. Getting the new backpiece is farming, gaining Lyssa Backpiece was farming (or you had the 1.2kg (afterpatch 200g)), Legendary is more farming especcially doing ever and ever again the same Heart mechanic to get your map complition. Fractal skins is farming. A guildy got 3 fractal shields still no sword. I gave up on ever getting fractal bow.
Edit: And LS s1 was mostly farming to get the meta. And there are alote of other things that are farming like ascended gear….. Edit finish

So why did anet nerf all gold farm spots and on the other hand they want us farming?

On one side we are grinding like hell because the game wants it on the other side, there is a statement that “we are against grinding” and nerfs come up.

And now there is a opportunity for farming and some Trolls just jump in with there selfjustice and having fun to rage others and destroy the farm because they think they are in right and so they take the other players right to choose the way of to play there way with the game mechanic. If you dont like it change server.

What would be happen if a student would jump in the class and shout out you all are wrong iam the king because i take the right to say how you have to think or act? And now he gives all the student the rule to not eat in the break with the thought they all get fat?

Stop the selfjustice. If you dont like the play style on the map change server.

(edited by Dreamer.1952)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Wrong approach to the whole situation, imo. They should just ban the players who literally abuse failure states of events.

Agree.. proof that the Code of Conduct around exploitation of game mechanics isn’t worth the pixels it takes up on the screen imo.

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

The Problem is the following:

First the holy trinity (penitent , shelters gate , jorfast) was farmed, then general loot was nerfed in Orr, Orr died out.
Then they introduced Champ Bags, guys figured out how to Scale events, Orr was alive again.
Then Anet introduced Elite Mobs and increased CD on direct (not retake events),
Orr died out till ppl figured out that retake events CD was not nerfed (cause noone did them before, cause the actual events happened).

So last time they already nerfed champ Bags in terms of money.

So the initial reason for increasing the events CD is not given (at least to that extent it was) anymore.

And what are they doing now?
Right instead of buffing the original events again to make them worthwhile and nerfing blinx just a little, guess what will happen, blinx CD is gonna be nerfed into oblivion and the other events get no buff.
The outcome?
Except for the champ farm train Orr is gonna be dead again, cause now that there are Megaservers you dont event know when the temple events are starting (the other still enough rewarding events to go there)
I guess ppl wont look down there just to look if by any chance an event that happens every 2 hours might be actually running atm.

#ELEtism

Dreamer.1952

Better be careful with this fixes. Anet continuosly nerf drop, nerf rewards, nerf loot… We are earning every day less money/drops than the previous and the prices continue to rise.
1g = 5 gems (WTF, a year ago 1g = 100 gems)
But this is the gemstore, i can stand it
62s = 1 powerful vial of blood (5 months ago 28s = 1 powerful vial of blood)
1300g Spark (march 2014 525g = spark. April 2014 715g = spark)

The prices are rising of more than 100% and the loot and rewards are getting worse and worse.
The ridicolous thing is that fail events and repeat them is more rewarding that succed in them.
This game is getting more and more frustrating, buy something at trading post is becoming ridicolous.
And moreover, why nerfing this kind of exploit, when there are people grinding auction house making money that way? I’m sure and well aware that also auction house isn’t designed to get the rich richer and get the poor on the pave.

If i remeber right the t6 mats got expensive after t6 mat farm spots got nerfed.
Precursor got expensive cause of the rare drop nerf.

Bloodstealer.5978

A-net against farming is not the right word to say. Getting the new backpiece is farming, gaining Lyssa Backpiece was farming (or you had the 1.2kg (afterpatch 200g)), Legendary is more farming especcially doing ever and ever again the same Heart mechanic to get your map complition. Fractal skins is farming. A guildy got 3 fractal shields still no sword. I gave up on ever getting fractal bow.

So why did anet nerf all gold farm spots and on the other hand they want us farming?

On one side we are grinding like hell because the game wants it on the other side, there is a statement that “we are against grinding” and nerfs come up.

And now there is a opportunity for farming and some Trolls just jump in with there selfjustice and having fun to rage others and destroy the farm because they think they are in right and so they take the other players right to choose the way of to play there way with the game mechanic. If you dont like it change server.

What would be happen if a student would jump in the class and shout out you all are wrong iam the king because i take the right to say how you have to think or act? And now he gives all the student the rule to not eat in the break with the thought they all get fat?

Your wrong.. the only reason players began to form up and try to stop the event being farmed was because when they tried legitimately run the event chain previously they were abused by the #bandofexploitbrothers.

Change servers sound great.. except within a few days every map copy you could get into was doing the same thing…

It takes an action to cause a reaction… blix farmers began purposely harassing players that did not want to conform to there exploitation of the shelter event and as always happens that kind of abuse causes the reaction and yeah, players get fed up of being called a noob, a c*** etc etc and began to learn how to use the failtrains own tactics of scaling the event to spawn champs.. by simply aggroing the mobs onto it whilst ressing the NPC’s to almost full health and waiting for their time to fully res them.

Curse Shore became vacant across most parts of the map since Blix became so overly exploitable by the hoards and the LFG system utilised to spread the exploit virally across the player base..

I for one am glad ANET have at least looked into putting an end to it… hopefully the worst offenders of this exploitation will see actions taken on their accounts, but I doubt that is going to happen, which just says its fine to exploit for as long as you can until a patch comes.. that’s not a deterrent merely a mini game of chase.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The only reason it’s more rewarding for failing than succeeding is how the various game mechanisms interact with each other and the recent run on T6 mats since the introduction of the wardrobe and the megaserver melding of server zones. Without the increased demand and throttling of supply sources, the Level 500 crafting additions the incentive to play for fail wouldn’t be as attractive.

It all folds back to the reward system. 1st, no sharing of a common loot pool. Great for helping other players without being flamed for kill stealing. 2nd, number of critters scaling with zerg size. Either more critters or higher ranking critters which give better rewards. 3rd, the pathological desire for gold because nearly all item drops are random. 4th, the short cool down of the event in case of failure. Because you don’t want to wait too long on a reset on the assumption that the failure wasn’t intentional.

Normally more players means less loot for everyone per critter but that’s defeated by game mechanism that let the vast majority get full loot even with only inflicting a minor amount of damage. Now combine that with my 2nd point and the rewards scale linearly with group size because number of critters during the event scales with group size. You now get a lot from critter drops. But why restrict yourself to one pass through the tunnel with my 4th point that the cool down time is considerably less on failure than success. Now you can repeat that forever, or until you run out of places to hold your pile of loot.

And the reason why players are willing to do this is because of random drops for just about all items, you have to have gold to buy what you want off the TP. ANet likely set up the reward system this way to funnel everyone to the TP gold sink. And I think that the TP does a marvelous job keeping inflation to a dull roar. I’ve been in an MMO where inflation resembled Zimbabwe, this isn’t inflation but I digress.

Because players feel that normal gold accumulation in the game isn’t fast enough, it’s low since those rewards are created out of thin air, to buy that item at the TP soon or the new offering at the Gem Shop for free, that players are now doing the one thing that ANet didn’t want players to have to do and that is grind only the most profitable content day in and day out until it’s mind numbing.

ANet expected, I imagine, that due to the lack of a subscription fee that players could feel relaxed and take a leisurely pace doing content they enjoy doing to earn the gold needed for the items they want. Why the rush, game will still be there next month, enjoy yourself. But this is the instant gratification generation who get their content RIGHT NOW over Steam, iTunes, Amazon Prime, etc. They’ve been conditioned by MMOs over the last decade to rush to max level ASAP and then it’s a relatively short nightly grind of raid content to earn their BIS items and then jump game until an expansion comes out. It’s Cannonball Run across America instead of the leisurely Sunday drive in the countryside that I think the devs were trying to achieve.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Dreamer.1952

Your wrong.. the only reason players began to form up and try to stop the event being farmed was because when they tried legitimately run the event chain previously they were abused by the #bandofexploitbrothers.

Change servers sound great.. except within a few days every map copy you could get into was doing the same thing…

It takes an action to cause a reaction… blix farmers began purposely harassing players that did not want to conform to there exploitation of the shelter event and as always happens that kind of abuse causes the reaction and yeah, players get fed up of being called a noob, a c*** etc etc and began to learn how to use the failtrains own tactics of scaling the event to spawn champs.. by simply aggroing the mobs onto it whilst ressing the NPC’s to almost full health and waiting for their time to fully res them.

Curse Shore became vacant across most parts of the map since Blix became so overly exploitable by the hoards and the LFG system utilised to spread the exploit virally across the player base..

I for one am glad ANET have at least looked into putting an end to it… hopefully the worst offenders of this exploitation will see actions taken on their accounts, but I doubt that is going to happen, which just says its fine to exploit for as long as you can until a patch comes.. that’s not a deterrent merely a mini game of chase.

So you want to explain me that there were players that are doing daily shelter succesfull events before the blix farm and that the blix farmer intruded there spot? Thats how it sounds.

Bloodstealer.5978

So you want to explain me that there were players that are doing daily shelter succesfull events before the blix farm and that the blix farmer intruded there spot? Thats how it sounds.

Sure.. I have run Orr since like forever, its my favourite map and I regularly run the chain onto completion, then move to the next event/chain, champ.. its that simple.
Orr has more than just Blix/ Shelter and it fits into a rotation just like everything else.. if you find it hard to comprehend that than I guess that’s down to you.. many of us never have issue making sufficient loot/coin /mats etc from running the map as it is intended.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Revert Cursed shore back to the way it was near release and everyone will be happy, Farmers get to farm and the trolls get to complete their events. I don’t get why anet hates farming so much when its very clear that a large % of the player base enjoys it.

I miss the Penit/Shelter runs, met a lot of lovely people running that every evening.

This^….
So much this …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)
ANet expected, I imagine, that due to the lack of a subscription fee that players could feel relaxed and take a leisurely pace doing content they enjoy doing to earn the gold needed for the items they want. Why the rush, game will still be there next month, enjoy yourself. But this is the instant gratification generation who get their content RIGHT NOW over Steam, iTunes, Amazon Prime, etc. They’ve been conditioned by MMOs over the last decade to rush to max level ASAP and then it’s a relatively short nightly grind of raid content to earn their BIS items and then jump game until an expansion comes out. It’s Cannonball Run across America instead of the leisurely Sunday drive in the countryside that I think the devs were trying to achieve.

Nice write up and I agree for the most part. Concerning the last paragraph one might consider the conditioning by GW2 to expect “limited time” offers. While I understand that the intention here is to offer something via real cash, they might have also created an environment in which you are compelled to feel like it’s never enough. There is not one pace, the pace is getting faster – or so it seems perhaps. In any case this is not a matter of right or wrong, just food for thought.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

As a former hardcore farmer, Anet can keep nerfing events all they want. We find a way to make dem $$$.

Posted by: manddras.1794

manddras.1794

The toxicity of our city, of our city

You, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder, disorder?
No, somewhere between the sacred silent,
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Disorder, disorder, disorder

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Well no, they shouldn’t. In principle, it’s a bad situation, and I’m sure this is the main reason Anet is taking action to fix it.

But it is interesting to think about how that situation would look if the roles were reversed – if a big group was trying to complete an event and some lone person had a special way to fail it. I wonder if anyone at all would defend that person then.

People have a tendency to decry poor behavior until they feel it’s justified, at which point all bets are off.

I don’t think you understand how many people they would have to ban and how much that would hurt open-world activity, considering that most of the people who found this farm found it because they do a lot of open-world farming.

Also, to those who are taking this down an anti-champ-train slippery slope, the way Anet is talking about this situation would indicate that they didn’t actually want to do anything about it, but are doing something because of the negative feeling it’s creating on the whole.

I believe they’ve even stated outright before that they don’t mind champ trains and such, and are completely ok with them. If you consider the way whats-his-face-lead-designer-guy talked about open-world content in that interview, it’s clear that anything encouraging healthy, vibrant open-world play is a good thing to them and they only feel a need to put their foot down when the bad outweighs the good.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Tyria is so big and there are enough events. I don’t feel I own any single one of them. Sure it feels odd to me personally to “fail” an event, but I shrug it off. Maybe I’m getting old, but I don’t feel like running through the same tunnel over and over. At the end of the day it’s the same with any event, but at least it’s different tunnels.

The problem is once it reaches a critical mass. I am willing to bet that we could farm this event in harmony, a band of brothers and sisters against the undead – it would still be nerfed. It creates an imbalance by not having the same limitations.

Let’s use the rich ori node that existed in southsun as an example. Fine as long as people mosey over there harvesting it once (protected by a huge champion). Not fine anymore when every single alt is stationed there and creates 10 times the estimated amount of ore.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Deaths.9165

Deaths.9165

They nerfed Queensdale and Frostgeorge to unplayable. What u guys expect. We stand still. We will just move on even if it is blix. And blix is not an exploit.

If A-Net nerfs everything farmable we will find ways to earn Gold.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

From what I saw, those who succeeded the event, never went on to the next one. My feeling was they just wanted to crash the party! It only got toxic when the trolls came out to play. Then again, there is a bridge right next to the event, go figure huh!

This is usually what happens yes.

In fact, I once saw a troll commander complete it one day, and then the very next day that EXACT commander was doing the farm and getting kittened at people for trolling it.

Posted by: UntamedLoli.2978

UntamedLoli.2978

Farmers trying to dictate how to play the game, 99.9% of the time directly against how it was designed.

Why am I not surprised.

It’s even complete with calling anyone not following the flock of ducks a troll.

Reversing the roles doesn’t help anyones arguments either. Repeatedly forcing an event to failure would be both against the spirit of the game and griefing. Unlike getting mad someone isn’t following the social constructs.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

IMO, it’s not an event anyone ever cared about. It’s not something that’s necessary to complete.

Unless people were completing the event regularly before the farm, then really all they are doing by completing it now is trying to ruin the enjoyment of other players. Which to me is just trolling.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

The problem is once it reaches a critical mass. I am willing to bet that we could farm this event in harmony, a band of brothers and sisters against the undead – it would still be nerfed. It creates an imbalance by not having the same limitations.

True, that can be a problem. But I suspect they knew about this event before any threads were made and were keeping an eye on the market (or, if nothing else, they would have noticed any major shifts in the market and looked at what was causing it). The interesting thing, though, is that I don’t think the T6 mat market has been significantly impacted by this.

It appears to have gone down a few silver here and here from the Blix glut, but I think it will bounce back very quickly once the event is patched.

I mean, the fact is, even with this event, the rate of obtaining highly-sought-after loot is not amazing. Getting a lot of champ bags is a crapshoot of dice rolling at the end of the day and the averages aren’t going to be mind-blowing. Something like farming a node, on the other hand, yields the same item every time, guaranteed.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

But it is interesting to think about how that situation would look if the roles were reversed – if a big group was trying to complete an event and some lone person had a special way to fail it. I wonder if anyone at all would defend that person then.

I have done Tequatl and THW often enough to know there are trolls who attempt to fail these events.

For Teq it is pretty hard for tolls to cause the event to fail, but some do still try.,

For THW, it is very easy for one troll to cause this event to fail. However, it takes a player who has completed the event many times before to know how to disrupt it, which is beyond the capability of most trolls …

And no one sane would defend the actions of one player that ruined an event for 120+ other players …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver