Achievements Bugged? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Does this mean that we have to redo everything or are the staff going to “fix” this so we don’t have to redo it all?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I hope it will be fixed, I dont want to save up 200g again.

If not this will most likely be the final straw for the achievement system for me, its already pointless enough.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

I hope they are going to fix it, since it was them that broke it… especially the gold hoarder one, no way I could manage to re-finish that one.

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

WTB – Gold for the time and travel cost chasing down on the mobs to re-achieve what was already achieved.

Posted by: Sigmatics.7056

Sigmatics.7056

pointless enough

I see what you did there.

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

Ok – yeah – lost achievement points –
Dear ANet, Please fix this screw up so you don’t have to listen to us complain please. This game is annoying enuf w/o inexplicable negative changes to achievement panel.
tyvm

Posted by: BaZomic.8392

BaZomic.8392

I want my Master Carver back! I worked hard on that one and I can’t get it back by doing it again.

GW2 for the win!

Posted by: Neurochazm.5370

Neurochazm.5370

The only ones I can be sure about are as follows:
Lifetime Survivor;
Axe Master;
Bandit Slayer;
Zhaitan’s Bane
All are down by 1 point.

I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

WHAT!!!!! Anet is going to make us do this again? We have to run all over ANets creation cause they are too lazy to fix their screw ups? That moderator had better be wrong. What a crock!
I cannot believe that this will not be taken care of – what a waste of time and effort to go find the creatures, port to different areas, spend a bunch of gold so that ANet does not have to support this game appropriately. Nice job ANet.

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

WTB – Gold for the time and travel cost chasing down on the mobs to re-achieve what was already achieved.

Indeed.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

So like everyone else here a number of my achievements were reset to 999/1000 stuff. Who knows why it happened, but I now have proof that the “player kill credit” thing isn’t working properly and is probably responsible for a lot of the complaints about drops and such.

I was running around absent minded killing things when my Staff kill count went to 1000 and I got my 5 achievement points of course. No problem, right?

I was playing my flame-throwing maniac engineer.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

My broke achievements:

~snip~

I am guessing i lost points too, but i have no way of proving, because i don’t take screenshots every night. Jumping Puzzles seem to be unchanged, which is nice.

Thank you for this list

You will lose the points when you lose the achievement, but finishing the achievement again will give you back the points (re-achieving the achievement) .

Well then, please give me the travel costs for all slayer achievements, the 200 gold for the bank, plus any other costs that I might incur while re-doing everything that was borked.

Plus compensation for the ones I can’t re-do at the moment, like pumpkin carver.

Dear anyone official, please tell us he was joking about having to re-do the missing ones. Please?

Posted by: Darkness Commander.6417

Darkness Commander.6417

@ dev Please make a fix, you cant be serious to say that everyone that completed their titles have to finish it again. Also for me counts that ive lost alot of achievement points and got stuck on many achievements by 1 point.

Guild: Darkness Death Dealers
Server: Blacktide
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1K1BQIC

Posted by: Evning.8495

Evning.8495

to lighten up the mood XD

I hope this is not what they mean by encouraging people to go back to abandoned maps XD

Posted by: Rudhraighe.9754

Rudhraighe.9754

The Following Achievements OTHER than Slayer and Weapon Master are -1 or Reset to 0 on my Account:

Master of Overkill -1
Gold Hoarder -1
All You Can Eat -1
Pumpkin Carving (Reset to 0 Completely)

I can re-achieve The Weapon Master and the Slayer titles easily enough, but Gold Hoarder, and Pumpkin Carving are going to be a real serious GRIND please restore those 2 on my account.

~20% of Guild Wars 2 is still Broken~ Rudhraighe

Celtic Lady.3729

to lighten up the mood XD

I hope this is not what they mean by encouraging people to go back to abandoned maps XD

Hehe. Methinks ArenaNet has devised a way for all of us players to “have more to do.”

Posted by: BaZomic.8392

BaZomic.8392

The Following Achievements OTHER than Slayer and Weapon Master are -1 or Reset to 0 on my Account:

Master of Overkill -1
Gold Hoarder -1
All You Can Eat -1
Pumpkin Carving (Reset to 0 Completely)

I can re-achieve The Weapon Master and the Slayer titles easily enough, but Gold Hoarder, and Pumpkin Carving are going to be a real serious GRIND please restore those 2 on my account.

Pumpkin would be a GRIND if it was still ingame!

GW2 for the win!

Darkness Commander.6417

I do think Arenanet can learn alot from ‘Hostmanship’

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

My broke achievements:

~snip~

I am guessing i lost points too, but i have no way of proving, because i don’t take screenshots every night. Jumping Puzzles seem to be unchanged, which is nice.

Thank you for this list

You will lose the points when you lose the achievement, but finishing the achievement again will give you back the points (re-achieving the achievement) .

I can confirm that those I am able to easily re-do, I do get the achievement points for. There are some, however that will not be so easy. Survivor, (gold hoarder for some, though not for those of us who have been affected by the “no drops for YOU! bug” til this morning.) My weapons master all reset when I re-completed ONE of them. Odd bug, for sure.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

My guess is that ArenaNet was working with the code to retroactively give laurels for other achievements besides the dailies/monthlies. Perhaps they were testing the idea of making us unlock everything again by putting us 1 kill (1 unit of whatever) away from getting said achievement.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: oruma.4092

oruma.4092

so we get an fix for this ?

i dont see why people have to post their missing stuff here, the patch (which first wasnt even a patch) screw something up.

dunno where i work if we make a mistake we try to solve/fix it as fast as possible and try to give an estimated time

a public testserver would help you guys to avoid such bugs

like all the others here i got no problem doing 1 enemytype slayer achivs again but gold, lifetime exp and of course 300k dmg sucks to lose

Posted by: AidanTaylor.3872

Previous

AidanTaylor.3872

European Community Manager

Next

My broke achievements:

~snip~

Thank you for this list

I can confirm that those I am able to easily re-do, I do get the achievement points for. There are some, however that will not be so easy. Survivor, (gold hoarder for some, though not for those of us who have been affected by the “no drops for YOU! bug” til this morning.) My weapons master all reset when I re-completed ONE of them. Odd bug, for sure.

I clarified my statement as it caused a little fuss

Thank you for this list

Edit: To clarify, I am not telling you the solution is to go out and do them all again, just that when a solution does come about you will regain those points.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Celtic Lady.3729

Many Weapons Master achievements would be a real pain for me to redo, as I no longer have many of the characters I used to complete these achievements in the first place. So, I’d have to make characters I don’t want, craft or buy them all the equipment they’d need, and actively go out and finish these all…again.

(edited by Celtic Lady.3729)

Nalora.7964

Well, I hate to sound selfish, but I was in tears this morning. Not from frustration, not because I had to redo achievements, but because for whatever reason my DROP RATE was fixed.

They were tears of sheer joy. It was not that I was getting these stupendous fantabulous spiffy keen drops, but I was not getting NOTHING for hours on end. And I am talking NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO. Today, yes, there were a few mobs that gave nothing, but my drop rate was, by my estimation back up to about 80 percent of things I killed gave me SOMETHING. This allowed me not only to be in the black for my game time, but to sell materials, and be back IN the game.

And for you people who are gritching about not fixing this immediately, please remember that bugs of this nature need to be looked at carefully to see why they happened, what will fix it, and what they possibly could affect once fixed. Try to give your data about the bug with a little less hyperbole. (And I say this knowing full well I am the queen of hyperbole—-the red headed old woman with a waggling cane)

Just don’t fix my drop rate back to phooey on youey. puleeeeze.

Darkness Commander.6417

Can you please fix those hard achievements to gain like survivor & pumpkin carver?

Posted by: Soup Delicious.1357

Soup Delicious.1357

Can you please fix those hard achievements to gain like survivor & pumpkin carver?

How about all of them? I really don’t want to redo any of the achievements I completed prior to update.

Darkness Commander.6417

How about all of them? I really don’t want to redo any of the achievements I completed prior to update.

Same here mate, they should fix all of them asap.

Posted by: CocaCobra.4302

CocaCobra.4302

I’ve also lost alot of achievements and, now that I come to think of it, I didnt get any drops today either!

Nalora.7964

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this is probably what they are working on.

If you were in their position, would this not be the solution to the problem you were aiming at?

Soup Delicious.1357

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this is probably what they are working on.

If you were in their position, would this not be the solution to the problem you were aiming at?

Yes, I would, but that’s me. I guess it would be nice if they actually made a statement along the lines of, “Yes, we are working to fix it. There’s no reason for you to go out and redo the achievements. The fix should be available later today/next week/month/year/decade”.

That would be nice.

Darkness Commander.6417

That would be very nice, just a little statement and my anger will be reduced

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Before adding that you want a statement, do read the ones already left.

AidanTaylor.3872

Edit: To clarify, I am not telling you the solution is to go out and do them all again, just that when a solution does come about you will regain those points.

Scroll up, see the original. Rejoice.

Soup Delicious.1357

Before adding that you want a statement, do read the ones already left.

AidanTaylor.3872

Scroll up, see the original. Rejoice.

I read it and found that it’s short on real information/timelines.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I believe there’s one thing that you can deduce from a server reset… the majority of times, whenever something is updated/fixed, you can just about guarantee that something else will break.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: tuitam.9175

tuitam.9175

Lost point pumpiking carver, slayer and other …

Attachments:

Posted by: Yeisei.9358

Yeisei.9358

We are aware that several of the slayer-style achievements have been affected by a recent fix that was implemented to combat an crashing issue.

We are also aware that this may have affected other achievements and if you notice any other achievements that may also be affected feel free to post below, so we can look into them

from what I can tell these were effected by the 1 point loss
Lifetime Survivor
Staff Master
plus 33 of the 39 Slayer (easyer to list the 6 not effected)
Flame Legion’s Bane still 1,000/1000
Zhaitan’s Bane still 1,000/1,000
Giant Slayer 5/10 no change
Jotun Slayer 532/1,000 no change
Ogre Slayer 701/1,000 no change
Plant Slayer 59/1,000 no change

these were comple & did not change
Pistol Master
Teamwork Gets it Done
No One Left Behind
Active Guild Member

went from 3,7xx to 3,567 achievement points

Pumpken Carving was reset before this

Celtic Lady.3729

We are aware that several of the slayer-style achievements have been affected by a recent fix that was implemented to combat an crashing issue.

We are also aware that this may have affected other achievements and if you notice any other achievements that may also be affected feel free to post below, so we can look into them

from what I can tell these were effected by the 1 point loss
Lifetime Survivor
Staff Master
plus 33 of the 39 Slayer (easyer to list the 6 not effected)
Flame Legion’s Bane still 1,000/1000
Zhaitan’s Bane still 1,000/1,000
Giant Slayer 5/10 no change
Jotun Slayer 532/1,000 no change
Ogre Slayer 701/1,000 no change
Plant Slayer 59/1,000 no change

these were comple & did not change
Pistol Master
Teamwork Gets it Done
No One Left Behind
Active Guild Member

went from 3,7xx to 3,567 achievement points

Pumpken Carving was reset before this

These are different for different people. For instance, my pistol master was complete and is now not complete. Every single slayer achievement reset for me except Zaitan’s Bane and Bat Slayer. Also, many have lost their Golden achievement even though I didn’t.

Posted by: skorpious.4615

skorpious.4615

Somewhat related, but Sunrise and Twilight still don’t register as a legendary yet, thus, the player earns no achievements for them.

It’s pretty disheartening to see the treasure chest on the title screen empty considering the monumental amount of effort involved in creating one of the two legendary greatswords.

Posted by: Agassi.5463

Agassi.5463

i was redone my achiv slayer and other but only left 1 achiv is really make me annoying
life time survivor 499,999/500,000..!!!

and gold hoarder 1,999,999/2,000,000

(edited by Agassi.5463)

Posted by: Raster.6934

Raster.6934

I’m pisse and not an option so i was doing it again. Still w8 for fix this.

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

I’m gonna go ahead and guess that some aspect of the games data recording mechanism was changed from registering 1 as 0 base 2 to 1 base 2. Or something along those lines. While this presents minor suckage to everyone it probably fixed a major crash bug and for that I’m grateful. I do hope anet is willing to go the simple route here and simply lower the required counts by 1 for all affected achievements. Ideally adding in some separate joke achievement relate to players efforts to correct this.

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Lost the Pumpkin Carving some weeks ago… but still hold the title.

@Edit
Uh… also, the daily achievement shows the last daily requirements, not the actual ones, it gets fixed 1 hour after server reset.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

My broke achievements:

~snip~

Thank you for this list

Well thanks for your responses Aidan. One thing I’d like to ask here though, while I know obviously the game isn’t open source so it’s not like you’re gonna share source code, I can help but ask, is there any chance of perhaps one of your programmers or the like providing some insight on this? I mean, I’m curious from a technical perspective (being a student in a games development course and having learned some programming) how the heck exactly was this achievement rollback thing something that ended up being done to fix “a server crash issue”? o.O I know in a huge system (a game or otherwise) if something goes wrong there could be the potential for crazy things to happen, but this just seems beyond comprehension for me (the connection between a possible server crash and achievements).

Posted by: Havok.3712

Havok.3712

I logged in to see if others were also having this issue. Seems I’m not alone. I’m glad Anet is on it. Since there is nothing more I can do, I will try to suppress my ego, and take comfort in the fact that nearly everyone else’s achievement points dropped as well. Maybe I can work on a bunch of OTHER achievements, and then when these get fixed, I’ll suddenly get 100+ points and ninja my way to the first spot in guild! Muahaha.

P.S. But seriously, fix it. My ego can take this for very long.

Nalora.7964

I vote we all get “Bullet Proof Beta Tester” achievement awards for staying calm and supplying data that may help to fix it.

Posted by: kohldl.7586

kohldl.7586

Lifetime survivor is broken, pumpkin carving is broken.

Seems many are 1 shy from being completed. Those ones are the ones that broken. Others are obviously not done and weren’t close to being done.

Posted by: difens.1326

difens.1326

If this is not fixed soon I’m going to quit the game. I’m an achievment hunter and they mean alot to me. I was very frustrated seeing all my slayer, weapon master, survivor and gold hoarder achis gone. Fix it now!

Posted by: Nanoko.1850

Nanoko.1850

lifetime survivor, pumpkin carver, gold horder, master overkill, multiple slayer and weapon master achivement lvls were lost for me as well. I still have a the golden and master carver tital but i no longer have the last lvl compleated. Lost over 100 achivement points in all

Posted by: Gwynnifer.2497

Gwynnifer.2497

85 achievement points down:

Slayer Types, 5 points each: Drake, Spider, Indiscriminate, Bandit, Dredge, Elemental, Ghost Buster, Grawl, Flame Legion, Inquest’s Bane, Pirate Slayer, Skritt Slayer, Sons of Svanir’s Bane, Wurm Slayer, Zhaitan’s Bane. Shell and Insect completed, but not affected.

5 points: Lifetime Survivor

Pumpkin Carving previously (and currently) incorrect at 0/1. Title still available, however.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

So this must be why I got the plant slayer achievement last night. I was thinking, I must have killed more than 100 of these guys by now!