Acording to the manifesto

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

I’ll be pretty amused when people start posting threads on LFG post that are “LF <whatever> FULL ASCENDED!” and they require the armour and weapon pings in chat. Remember how it was when CoF P1 was popular. Groups wanted that ping else you’d get kicked pretty fast.

“It doesn’t affect me, I don’t do it/I only play with friends/I don’t join elitist”.

Cool story. Needs a bit more feeling to it though.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

If you have zerker exotics and I have ascended non-zerker, you out damage me.

That right there should illustrate how small this gap we’re talking about is.

If I have ascended zerker and you have exotic zerker, I will outdamage you.
So simple is it to illustrate that there is a gap.

What is your point in comparing apple and oranges?

Arguing at this point is futile, as the grinders and vertical progression people won. It’s their game now.

Agreed. I wanted this to be the ONE mmo that I played where I play for cosmetics and just to have fun. ONE game is all I asked for, just one. When I first heard of GW2 I was elated. Now, its currently shelved along with WoW, Rift, etc. Just another VP game. Nothing unique about it.

With that said, I don’t mind verticle progression in MMOs. I just wanted one game where I didnt have to worry about it. Just one game. Since Arenanet could not pull this off and succumbed to VP and that crowd, I’ll look to better VP games on the horizon, such as Wildstar. They’ll do it much better and how it SHOULD be done. By completing enormous feats for great gear, instead of amassing enormous amounts of wealth and spending dozens or hundreds of hours grinding.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I’ll be pretty amused when people start posting threads on LFG post that are “LF <whatever> FULL ASCENDED!” and they require the armour and weapon pings in chat. Remember how it was when CoF P1 was popular. Groups wanted that ping else you’d get kicked pretty fast.

“It doesn’t affect me, I don’t do it/I only play with friends/I don’t join elitist”.

Funny. It seems the only people that will be left in the game will be the elitists/vertical progression crowd, people with many friends that are ‘like minded’ or people that simply don’t know any better, such as new people to MMOs.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

If you have zerker exotics and I have ascended non-zerker, you out damage me.

That right there should illustrate how small this gap we’re talking about is.

If I have ascended zerker and you have exotic zerker, I will outdamage you.
So simple is it to illustrate that there is a gap.

What is your point in comparing apple and oranges?

Arguing at this point is futile, as the grinders and vertical progression people won. It’s their game now.

Agreed. I wanted this to be the ONE mmo that I played where I play for cosmetics and just to have fun. ONE game is all I asked for, just one. When I first heard of GW2 I was elated. Now, its currently shelved along with WoW, Rift, etc. Just another VP game. Nothing unique about it.

With that said, I don’t mind verticle progression in MMOs. I just wanted one game where I didnt have to worry about it. Just one game. Since Arenanet could not pull this off and succumbed to VP and that crowd, I’ll look to better VP games on the horizon, such as Wildstar. They’ll do it much better and how it SHOULD be done. By completing enormous feats for great gear, instead of amassing enormous amounts of wealth and spending dozens or hundreds of hours grinding.

I went back to WoW. Of course, that’s the game I left when I started GW2, but at least I know exactly what I’m getting back into.

If I’m going to have to work for gear, I’d rather do dungeons, dailies and PvP then run mindless champ trains and mess around with time gated crafting. More fun that way.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why do people keep shouting about how MASSIVE the gap will be and how REQUIRED Ascended will be?

The difference between Rare and Exotic is larger than between Exotic and Ascended. And yet it is fully possible to run around in WvW and kill people, it is possible to complete every single dungeon in Mastergear Items and so on.

If it was such a massive difference, wouldn’t that difference have been even more massive between Rare and Exotic? And yet no one seems to complain about that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Funny. It seems the only people that will be left in the game will be the elitists/vertical progression crowd, people with many friends that are ‘like minded’ or people that simply don’t know any better, such as new people to MMOs.

You have to admit, it’s kind of funny.
I know a lot of people that seemingly do nothing but hang around in LA all day long until late at night, chatting and talking on Vent / TS, essentially reducing the game to a glorified chat room with dress up avatars.

Second Life is that way —-———->

Skan.5301

If I’m going to have to work for gear, I’d rather do dungeons, dailies and PvP then run mindless champ trains and mess around with time gated crafting. More fun that way.

Bro, you don’t even have to do any of that to get Ascended. You just need to do a ton of events or play as you normally do. I surmise about ~10 hours a day, doing everything that you see will get it for you. And you’re also having fun. Isn’t that a great thing!?

– Euripides

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Why do people keep shouting about how MASSIVE the gap will be and how REQUIRED Ascended will be?

The difference between Rare and Exotic is larger than between Exotic and Ascended. And yet it is fully possible to run around in WvW and kill people, it is possible to complete every single dungeon in Mastergear Items and so on.

If it was such a massive difference, wouldn’t that difference have been even more massive between Rare and Exotic? And yet no one seems to complain about that.

So what will ANet do in the future, when all ascended gear is released.

Producing content, that is trivial in ascended gear, which will cause an outcry by people having it,

or,

producing new content that is appropriate to the existing gear level, making it harder for everyone without it?.

What do you think? It is a trap.

Or will they split the content? Where will this lead to?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Why do people feel the need to separate the manifesto from the entire body of advertising put out before the game launched? A lot of things were said in different venues, and none of the statements were made in every venue. If we have to discuss that body of advertising at all, we should be discussing the entirety of it, not just separating out one aspect of it because it has a fancy title.

lordkrall.7241

Was there an outcry about content being “trivial” in Exotic gear before Ascended was released?
As far as I remember there weren’t. And those extra % you get from going Exotic — Ascended won’t make anything trivial unless it already was trivial in Exotics.

What makes you think they will change that?
If they didn’t build the game around Exotics at release why would they suddenly build the game around Ascended now?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Skan.5301

If they didn’t build the game around Exotics at release why would they suddenly build the game around Ascended now?

Because “things change”. Isn’t that what the counter argument of this topic is? So there’s your answer.

– Euripides

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

So what will ANet do in the future, when all ascended gear is released.

Producing content, that is trivial in ascended gear, which will cause an outcry by people having it,

or,

producing new content that is appropriate to the existing gear level, making it harder for everyone without it?.

What do you think? It is a trap.

Or will they split the content? Where will this lead to?

Or there’s what’s already happening, where fractals will be the scaling content treadmill and everything else will have mechanics make the encounter challenging as opposed to numbers.

Bosses are HP bags, remember? Getting max gear makes things faster, not easier.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That’s because exotics are still rather easy to acquire. If they were harder, you’d have heard screams long ago.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

lordkrall.7241

Ascended is also rather easy to acquire. Sure it takes time, but it is still easy.
Getting Exotic at release took quite some time as well

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

Ascended is also rather easy to acquire. Sure it takes time, but it is still easy.

13 days for a full set at launch if i recall.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Skan.5301

Because buying it off the TP and/or crafting it was pretty hard, right?

– Euripides

lordkrall.7241

I am not the one talking about stuff being hard.
And lets face it. Ascended Gear is not HARD to get, it takes time, but it sure ain’t hard.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I am not the one talking about stuff being hard.
And lets face it. Ascended Gear is not HARD to get, it takes time, but it sure ain’t hard.

Okay, ascended is a pain to acquire not because of how difficult it is (because you are right, it’s not), but how much time it takes and how much does it cost. If exotics were anywhere close to it, you’d have heard protests since day one of this game.

Does that answer your previous question better?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

13 days for a full set at launch if i recall.

Took me a couple of weeks too. Which seemed to be the norm. And another month or more to purchase all the weapons.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The time required to get a full set of exotic armor for my main upon reaching level 80, without crafting, was a matter of minutes. The second set of exotic armor for the same character (I enjoy having multiple armor sets for different playstyles) took not much longer.

How long, on average, do you think it will take, without crafting, to acquire multiple full sets of ascended armor (for my main it would require two sets at a minimum, ideally three or four) with the specific desired stats for specific builds ? Is it comparable to the few minutes required for exotics ? Five to ten minutes is actually, “some time,” as you put it, but I really do not think that it is reasonable to compare that to a time period that could end up being measured in years.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

The time required to get a full set of exotic armor for my main upon reaching level 80, without crafting, was a matter of minutes. The second set of exotic armor for the same character (I enjoy having multiple armor sets for different playstyles) took not much longer.

How long, on average, do you think it will take, without crafting, to acquire multiple full sets of ascended armor (for my main it would require two sets at a minimum, ideally three or four) with the specific desired stats for specific builds ? Is it comparable to the few minutes required for exotics ? Five to ten minutes is actually, “some time,” as you put it, but I really do not think that it is reasonable to compare that to a time period that could end up being measured in years.

Explain how or I’m calling BS on this.
I recall the early days of this game (and rewards were extremely terrible) and getting exotics either involved:
Orr karma farming
Dungeon farming
WvW jumping puzzle badge farming

Please do try to remember the exact details of how it took matters of minutes because I’m skeptical.

EDIT: Actually, I can only assume WvW, in general, as the only way you got it in “minutes”. PvE definitely did not have this solution as far as I could tell.

(edited by BlueZone.4236)

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread has gone off-topic, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.