Am i the only one that hasn't finished PS?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

What i dont understand is why are they not trying to improve the personal story and instead they are giving us low quality lore through LS…

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Final Fantasy-status story -drools-

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I have 8 characters, 5 are 80. I fully completed the Personal Story on my Thief (my 1st/main char) and I think I took my Warrior (alt #1) through the story up to the Cursed Shore part and stopped.

As for characters beyond that, I finished the personal story achievements for each race and the different order parts but I always lose interest once the plot reaches Orr/Claw Island. Choices beyond there don’t really change much so there’s isn’t much point in redoing the story from there after the first time. I’m not seeing anything new or gaining anything from it.

Maybe they should add hard mode missions like GW1 or something.

Also, I did some story stuff on my last 80 (my guardian I made a clone of my thief for when the thief class is deleted) to lvl him faster and I noticed some ‘cutscenes’ that I don’t remember. Did they happen to randomly throw in any LS style cutscenes into it?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Immensus.9732

Wondering , will they ever make it better?!?!?!

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’ve only finished the personal story once on my account although I did help some people do theirs. I just don’t feel like the rewards are worth the trouble and the battle againt Zhaitan himself is disappointing.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

…thats hasnt finished the “my personal story” because is boring, even thought i got 3 lvl 80 characters?

I have finished it on one of my characters, just out of curiosity..

I found the story in Guild Wars 1 more captivating than the one in GW2.
I remember staring at my screen with tears in my eyes when Rurik’s head was bashed in by the Stone Summit.. However, when the dragon was messing on Claw Island and all that, I couldn’t be kitten d whether or not Trahearne would die or not..

So true. But for me it was searching for Lady Althea.

I’ve 5 80s and only ever suffered through the story once. I will never bother with such poor content again.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: Eilanzer.7523

Eilanzer.7523

the problem for ME about the living story/personal story in this game is…There is no sense of imersion in them…No great epic plot about discovery/heroic/twist feel to it.

The dungeons are stupid, awful story and that skippable conversation was the worst stuff to add, rly…no cg or talk/story ingame?…Full of forgettable characters that i don´t care about or even great ones that the story use just one time…WORST villains EVER (scarlet…Pfff…dude anet rly need to play some Final Fantasy 6 to see how a GREAT crazy villain is, kefka)…

There is soooooo much wrong stuff in the pve of this game and so lil to praise =/

SOR – Eilanzer_Necro_80 – White Raven [WR]

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Been playing sine the first BWE. Have 5 80’s & all are at Victory or Death.

On call 25/8/366. Dont like to group up with people when I might have to bail & leave a group, Id be freakin out the entire time killing Zhaitan expecting the most inconvenient time for the pager to go off…

Immensus.9732

The worst part is that i doubt they ever going to change it by making the cut-scenes better or making the way that the story is delivered better…

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I have nearly 8 lvl 80ies and non of those finished story, not even my main Character. The story doesn’t really interst me. I finished Arah Story though. But never came near end of the personal story stuff (i think the furthest is around lvl 65-70 story mode).

Compare this to GW1 where i finished the Games about 5-10 times :-)

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Nightwolf.6052

Nightwolf.6052

I’ve also never finished it. more than boring, its because “I dont care” effect. Seriously, I dont think this can be fixed, but the history is not interesing at all. Living history is a joke, not possible to get hooked on that stuff.

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

I finished it on one and… gosh, I will never do that kitten again. I found racial story more interesting than pact’s(eg. asura infinite ball)

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Immensus.9732

I finished it on one and… gosh, I will never do that kitten again. I found racial story more interesting than pact’s(eg. asura infinite ball)

Yeah the as you can see from the previous posts on this thread everyone says the racial story part is interesting after that they give up… like me:P

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I have three 80’s too and I’ve completed the personal story on just one of them. So no, you are not the only one.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

I have 8 80s and haven’t finished PS on any of them.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve actually done the final dungeon 3 times. But not for me, always for a guildie that finished and wanted help. Mine are all stuck early to mid level. I have one that has chosen an order, out of 8.

And it takes soooo long. Each time we did the last part of the personal story and then the dungeon. It took about 2 to 3 hours the first time (back at launch, so don’t remember exactly). I can’t imagine asking guildies or friends to do it 8 times, even if I wanted to do it myself.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Well, I was with you for a long while there OP!
I started just after the game started, but just did the Arah story this passed weekend. My brother and I hated the idea of having to do a 5 man dungeon so we never did it. We finished it pretty easily with just the two of us. It wasn’t bad at all, and now that lamo story quest is gone from the screen

Immensus.9732

well let me explain: many of us have done just the Arah dungeon what im talking about is the rest of the story before the dungeon! because jumping straight away to the last part without having done the rest of the story doesnt mean you finished it:P:P

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

…thats hasnt finished the “my personal story” because is boring, even thought i got 3 lvl 80 characters?

No I haven’t finished it either, my ranger (who I haven’t really played in close to a year) is up to the lvl 77 PS or something (some boss turns into a spider and spawns infinite waves) and wiped a couple times so I never went back and only progressed in other personal stories to lvl 20 or to unlock an order.

I have done the arah SM dungeon though….that is so long.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

I haven’t finished PS, and I have 7 lvl 80’s.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Finished it on 4 characters, will probably get around to it on others. Not interested in the story but it’s a relatively easy/cheap way to get some Superior Sigils of Force and some other upgrades.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

My beef with the personal story is that you need to gain several levels between each episode. By the time I do so, I have lost track of the storyline.

I have taken to leveling my Alts without doing any storyline. Once I hit level 80, I will go back to the beginning and do them back-to-back, so there is some continuity.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

19 level 80s.

Have only finished it twice.

First time to see what the story was like. (Shakes head sadly).

Second time to get the annoying text off my screen.

If ANet does not give us a way to customize our UI, or at least click the dang PS story off the top right of our screens, I may feel forced to do it one more time on what is now (finally) my main (thanks to ascended gear).

Yes, I’d like some cheese with that whine, thank you.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Immensus.9732

19 level 80s.

If ANet does not give us a way to customize our UI, or at least click the dang PS story off the top right of our screens, I may feel forced to do it one more time on what is now (finally) my main (thanks to ascended gear).

Yeah there a big amount of players asking for UI customization since BETA!!!

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I full think they put in an on/off switch for this quest. I am still working on mine with my 1st character but I no intention of doing again and honestly I looking at the green blob on the map or the little green arrows in LA telling me to go do the quest….

X_X “I won’t! I won’t! You can’t make me!!!!”

It could be worse, one of my toons has a story instance right out front the bank :\ I should probably just do it to get it some where out of LA where I don’t go.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I got 5 80s and still haven’t fought Zaitan yet

vvuevv

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

Done it once, never again.

And only leveled once again till the mission where you pick an order, just to get the skins.

Bläck Dähliä

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I finished it on my first character, but not my other 3 80’s. I would finish the others if Arah story didn’t lie at the end. I don’t see any reason why every story up to that one can be done solo, then you suddenly need a party of 5 to complete the last step. When Arah story scales (and I mean your personal story step. They can still leave it as-is as a way to open the other Arah paths), then I will complete the story on my alts. For now, I use the early parts to help level.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

19 level 80s.

Yeah there a big amount of players asking for UI customization since BETA!!!

Yup. I’ve been one of those standing in line since BWE1; not sure it will ever happen. Of course, there’s plenty of other things on that to-do list that ought to have priority.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I finished it once per order… beyond that I haven’t concerned myself with every little permutation it has.

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

I have only Arah left to do and its been like hat for ages, I know i will never ever do arah story, because from what i gather it takes too long.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

Posted by: Siren Aradia.5863

Siren Aradia.5863

I have only Arah left to do and its been like hat for ages, I know i will never ever do arah story, because from what i gather it takes too long.

It doesn’t take too long, maybe a half hour to 40 minutes depending on the party. I just recently finished off the PS on my main. I was pretty bummed that it ended in a dungeon because I don’t have a huge guild and my friends play pretty sporadically. The LFG tool was a blessing because it let me find other people who just needed to power through the story dungeon and not be elitist about it.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ve got a few level 80s now, but I’ve finished it on NONE of them.

IF I decide I want to muck about in Orr (and really, I just don’t like how that place looks), then I’m going to be stuck when the PERSONAL story requires me to do a dungeon so I can be some nameless kittenhole amongst the crowd. I already don’t like dungeons, so kitten that.

By and large, Claw Island is where I stop doing the PS.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

By and large, Claw Island is where I stop doing the PS.

Honestly, I think that’s where it probably SHOULD have ended, really. By that point, you’ve established yourself in regards to your racial choice AND set yourself firmly within your choice of order.

At that point, the story really kinda STOPS being “personal” and you become a part in the larger machine of defeating the dragons… which to me is perfectly fine.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I haven’t finished it yet, but I intend to at least on my main (I got sidetracked when Zephyr Sanctum happened and I levelled ahead of the PS and haven’t caught up yet) and I do want to get all the Order banners filled in.

I feel like I’ll probably keep doing it on my alts – I have so far, just because it gives me a “goal” as a level and makes the time seem to go by faster even if I am not interested in the story after the order section (I didn’t actually mind it, but doing that on each of my 8 characters is going to get old when it gets to the part where it’s the same thing on all of them).

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

8 80s – finished on the 2 I normally play. I just wanted the ps off my screen tbh.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Playing since the beta, still haven’t finished personal story.
The story seemed quite bad for my taste.

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I’m on the step where it says “Help the locals of Metrica Province”

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I pushed myself to finish the story on my main, I finished the story on a second character by helping somebody else to finish his story and I’m working on my third (doing a story bit if there’s a daily for it). The other 4 lvl80’s still are at the lvl2/3 story line as are all other non-lvl80 characters I have. So, I’ll have plenty of stories left for the dailies….

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Got to level 79, then stopped caring cause of the endless risen meat showers which I had to cleave through and the fact that there are multiple level 79 -80 instances. Not cool. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

I wanted to play a MMO for WvW and open-world Pve, not an awfully bad, boring and long lasting singleplayer-game (don´t like dungeons either though).

Immensus.9732

Oh boy since beta? :O

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Oh boy since beta? :O

Lol me too. Highest I got was level 79 story instance, somewhere in orr.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

No PS, no LS either. Silly and uninteresting. While I think about it, so is sPVP.

IMO WVW is the only thing worth playing this game for.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

My first character did it to the end (I wanted it to get rid of the annoying nagtext up in the corner*). I’ve had a few alts who also made it into Orr in the PS before their untimely demise at my hand. I have two other level 80s right now, one of whom is “Arah-ready”, and another who stopped before Claw Island because I couldn’t do it to Tybalt again.

I’m currently levelling a character and doing the PS, simply because I still haven’t seen every option yet. As a solo player, it provides me with a change of pace every now and again. I save up a few installments, then run them until the level-appropriate stuff hits and I go and do something else for a bit. I don’t even hate Trahearne anymore (suspect this is because I chiefly play sylvari), so that’s nice. I’ll go with it as far as I can be bothered, but I probably won’t do Arah story mode again. I can only envisage it happening if I do happen to fall in with the right people. This is quite unlikely, however, as I am shy and should really be playing Skyrim.

*Tip to devs: would love the option to disable all nag text and enable when required. That’d be nice.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I have finished it on one of my characters, just out of curiosity..

I found the story in Guild Wars 1 more captivating than the one in GW2.
I remember staring at my screen with tears in my eyes when Rurik’s head was bashed in by the Stone Summit.. However, when the dragon was messing on Claw Island and all that, I couldn’t be kitten d whether or not Trahearne would die or not..

So true. But for me it was searching for Lady Althea.

I’ve 5 80s and only ever suffered through the story once. I will never bother with such poor content again.

Althea’s Ashes. Take all of the emotion I felt through all of the personal story missions I’ve played in GW2 (been here since the first beta weekend) and they don’t hold a candle to what I felt when I learned about what happened to Althea. Also, being a Mesmer made the blade sink that much deeper.

Something fundamental was lost between the storytelling in the first game and what we have now. I can’t say exactly what it is but I just can’t bring myself to care about any of the NPCs or what becomes of them. They’re just background noise to me.

Technically, GW2 is superior to GW1 in almost every way. All it’s missing is a soul.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I have 2 L80, soon to be 3. The character I’m leveling now is the farthest I’ve gone on the personal story (L30ish story I think). I don’t really care for the personal story because my memory is shot and unless I do story events in a row I forget what the story is and the point of it all. haha

It just seems like a boring task of go here > watch some boring cut scenes that I’ll forget anyway > go there > kill some stuff > go back over there for more cut scenes > go there and kill some more stuff.

It just doesn’t interest me and I only really did any of them for XP but since XP drops from doing just about everything in the game aside from standing in main cities, I don’t feel the need to bother with it. If my memory were better and I actually had an interest in GW2 lore I’d probably finish it once on a character. Heck, I don’t even know the story behind GW2, haha. I just go around exploring and doing what seems fun for me at the time. The personal story rarely fits into that.

The Burninator

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Still working on mine. Have 4 80’s. I’m pretty close, on lvl 78 story missions. When I’m done, that’s it. I too only do the racial ones with alts and then call it quits. Too much repetition.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

5 80s and also have not finished it once. My highest is at Arah step. Forcing group content for Personal story….poor choice. What sucks is that I’ve done Arah story on multiple occasions to help other people, but at the time I wasn’t on that PS step. Now that I am, it’s a complete PITA to try and get people together to do it. It’s not like asking someone to run CoF or FoTM. You say “hey you guys wanna do an Arah story mode?” and you can almost feel the groans through the computer screen.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Can’t be bothered finishing up Mr. Salad’s personal story. The beginning was fun, but after the claw island thing – bit ole NOPE.

Seriously, somewhere there’s a tree that shows the personal story branching – it starts out huge, and comes down to “you’re doing exactly the same thing no matter what – deal with it.”

That, plus the personal story ending with a non-scaling dungeon, is a great big fail on story-telling by Anet.