Ancient Karka Box Survey

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

attended/looted once/no mail yet

made ticket got useless answers

Response GM Alura via Email 12/07/2012 05:08 PM
Hello,

Thank you for updating us regarding the recent delivery of the Lost Shores reward chest. We are currently investigating some reports that some reward chests were not properly distributed. Once we have completed our investigation, we will update your ticket with more information.

then i got this mail

Response Mitch via Email 12/08/2012 04:29 PM
Hello,

This is a mass message which is being sent because you contacted us about not receiving one of the Lost Shores reward chests that were recently provided through in-game mail. The chests have now been delivered to everyone who met the criteria we used for distributing them. If you got the chest you can stop here, but if not, please read on.

If you haven’t already, the first thing to do is to make sure there is room in your mailbox. Since the chests are delivered through in-game mail, if the mailbox is full, the message containing it won’t be visible. If you haven’t already, please try deleting an unneeded message or two from your mailbox, even if the x/10 counter does not indicate that it’s full. If any more messages are waiting, they should pop in right away.

A second possibility is that you may not have met the criteria for the chest. The chests we sent out over the past couple days were intended to provide the event finale reward to people who participated in the finale on November 18th, but did not get to loot due to technical issues. The most common reason for not qualifying is that the account was not logged in on that day. Logging in was not the only requirement, but it would not have been possible to meet the criteria if you did not log in at all on the 18th, even if you participated in earlier parts of Lost Shores on the 16th or 17th.

If you feel that you should have qualified for the chest and you have already made sure that there’s room in your mailbox, please reply to this message and a member of our team will get back to you individually.

now i am still waiting

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Luca.9638

Luca.9638

Attended/no loot/no mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Received it, thank you very much, that was very fast after I posted here

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: bgaborr.9847

bgaborr.9847

attended, no loot, no mail I was spamming the login screen, but i could not even log in :@ I prepurchased the game and could not complete this event beacause of login server…. shocking :S

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Rays.8216

Rays.8216

Attended/no loot/no mail.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Attended/No Loot, still hoping

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Sahriah.3792

Sahriah.3792

Away – due to being Australian >_>

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Attended/looted/no mail,
did not know until now there was anything sent out.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

This thing isn’t really ok. Lots of ppl get the box who wasn’t there or left the place when it was far from end and now they get stuffs for free. I was there from the start til the end and my reward was the same what slackers get now.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Tsounami.2583

Tsounami.2583

Attended/No loot/No mail

why not me?

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: xWraith.4651

xWraith.4651

attended/no loot/no mail

i mean anet are a bunch of “kitties” !!! i don’t give a kittey a55 about the reward, it’s just not fair to everyone else, some players got the chest like 5 times, while others got it zero times~

p.s: i will quit this anyway, just around to see what are the amazing “winter” events!

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

attended/looted

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

attended/no loot/no mail/ got as chest reward in Diessa Plateau

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Nazeer.9157

Nazeer.9157

Wasn’t able to connect to the final phase, no mail, sent support ticket and received mail.

Thank You.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Laughing Crow.7581

Laughing Crow.7581

Tried to play, too much lag and eventually gave up as unplayable.

Attended/NoLoot/No mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

Attended / No Loot / Received Mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: deborah.2068

deborah.2068

Out of 4 friends and me:
one attended twice looted twice got the mail
me attended looted once got the mail
one attended looted no mail
two tried to get in couldnt due to not being able to get a overflow server both got mail
me and the one attending with no mail attended the same event together makes no sense i was flagged to get the mail and he wasnt

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

I didn’t do the final event, didn’t even log in that day as a matter of fact.

Got a mail with the chest… kinda weird.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

Attended and got mail yesterday.

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Zia.9251

Zia.9251

attended/looted the chest

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Attended for hours from the start to the very near finish/Ancient Karka died while I was dead at the doorway/returned to the cave from WP, no chest/got mail yesterday.

The contents of my chest were fine, but nothing to write to the forum about. The most important thing is that I got the 20 slot box. Thank you, getting that after the effort really made my day and I no longer hate seeing that carcass.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Muffinz.5784

Muffinz.5784

Away… I didn’t get to attend it because the event was right smack in the middle of my midterms for college. I couldn’t get distracted so I stayed away from GW2

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

Attended, no loot no mail

Since my friend doesn’t post on forums i’ll post for him too:
Attended, loot, mail, another mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Flysofar.3182

Flysofar.3182

hoping for mail also

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Mesh.5278

Mesh.5278

Attended/Looted.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Resdan.2359

Resdan.2359

Attended/ No loot / Received. That being said I’m dissatisfied with the rewards…

Thief Engineer Guardian Warrior Elementalist
Kaineng
Self Proclaimed Greatest Man Alive

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Quadraxis.7269

Quadraxis.7269

attended / looted / no mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

“Attended” (not really, got there really late, and lasted about ten minutes-had relatives visiting)/(of course) didn’t loot/received mail with chest.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

I don’t know how to qualify my attendance.

3m attended before quitting that lagfest/ 30m attended during the last event running (server reset about halfway through the event)

No loot, obviously.

Have received my bag (2x junk exotics, 2x rares).

Incidentally, a guildy attended 5x and also got the bag in the mail (before I did, no less).

The whole thing stinks, and all I really want is a better drop rate on pre-cursors (and not these periodic stimulus programs that don’t address the underlying issue).

But I guess thanks for my free 20slot and free accessory.

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Raithwall.6397

Raithwall.6397

Attended through like 90% of the event and got jack kitten for it … no mail either.

Fairly annoying to read over n over in guild chat or on forum that some people
looted it up to 8 times with alts and still got mail, while others get nothing at all …

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Eirik.9145

Eirik.9145

So according to the official responses posted above, Anet had no clue whatsoever who dc’d during the final event and were using some kind of pasted together criteria, that frankly even they knew wasn’t gong to solve the problem. And when the initial script did fail, they quickly ran another one which also failed. Also, from official responses, we aren’t supposed to care what other people got. That seems entirely contradictory to the statement that they were trying to make distribution fair.

Why not just summarize it like it really went. We messed up the event. We then waited 3 weeks to come up with a script that failed miserably. We delivered rewards to a lot of people who weren’t supposed to get them and didn’t deliver rewards to a lot of the people who were supposed to get them. We correct this error, by running another script which does exactly what the first one did compounding the error yet again. Tell people not to care what other people get because we don’t want everyone to be aware of how instead of making things fair, we have added to the initial unfairness caused by the myriad of problems during the initial event. People suggest you just mail everyone the reward and that is met with replies that it wouldn’t be fair, yet there was nothing resembling fairness in the erroneous scripts that were run either. Now people who sent in tickets initially because they dc’d must do so yet again for additional consideration of eligibility of reward based on your failed scripts.

For future reference, if you had just mailed everyone a reward days after the event admitting things failed and there were numerous errors, your company would have come off looking better than good and you would be steeped with praise. Things would have ended up much fairer that they are now.

Instead people waited an inordinate amount of time for failed attempts to correct something your company couldn’t even verify with data. It left people who had legitimately earned rewards and were not able to collect them, because of errors and problems on your end, to justify themselves because your scripts didn’t work. This way doesn’t leave your company steeped in praise, but clouded with doubt that you will actually do what you promise and if you are even capable of doing so.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: VonKreep.6598

VonKreep.6598

Attended/ No Loot/ No Mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Shuggie.8354

Shuggie.8354

Attended/ no loot but received mail.

Thanks Anet. I’m happy that there was a solution to this. (At least for me, hope everyone who was there got the mail)

Received a couple of 76 exotics, couple of rares and the trinket and bag. Very happy.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: riker.6319

riker.6319

Attended / No Loot / Received

Very nicely done. Definitely happy, it was a nice email surprise.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: syxalag.3048

syxalag.3048

Attended / no loot / no mail /write a ticket at yesterday
one of my guild mates attended / looted and receive mail but why?

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Sundrah.4239

Sundrah.4239

Attended x2/loot x1/no mail

Made me rage because I had to deal with 1 fps and only got to loot it once even though I did it twice.

(edited by Sundrah.4239)

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: bugmug.7940

bugmug.7940

attended/looted once/no mail yet

made ticket got useless answers

Response GM Alura via Email 12/07/2012 05:08 PM
Hello,

Thank you for updating us regarding the recent delivery of the Lost Shores reward chest. We are currently investigating some reports that some reward chests were not properly distributed. Once we have completed our investigation, we will update your ticket with more information.

then i got this mail

Response Mitch via Email 12/08/2012 04:29 PM
Hello,

This is a mass message which is being sent because you contacted us about not receiving one of the Lost Shores reward chests that were recently provided through in-game mail. The chests have now been delivered to everyone who met the criteria we used for distributing them. If you got the chest you can stop here, but if not, please read on.

If you haven’t already, the first thing to do is to make sure there is room in your mailbox. Since the chests are delivered through in-game mail, if the mailbox is full, the message containing it won’t be visible. If you haven’t already, please try deleting an unneeded message or two from your mailbox, even if the x/10 counter does not indicate that it’s full. If any more messages are waiting, they should pop in right away.

A second possibility is that you may not have met the criteria for the chest. The chests we sent out over the past couple days were intended to provide the event finale reward to people who participated in the finale on November 18th, but did not get to loot due to technical issues. The most common reason for not qualifying is that the account was not logged in on that day. Logging in was not the only requirement, but it would not have been possible to meet the criteria if you did not log in at all on the 18th, even if you participated in earlier parts of Lost Shores on the 16th or 17th.

If you feel that you should have qualified for the chest and you have already made sure that there’s room in your mailbox, please reply to this message and a member of our team will get back to you individually.

now i am still waiting

so why the hell Do your contact Support when you already looted the chest?
Greedy guys like you Are the ramon for this game beeing so uninjoyable

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

attended / looted / no mail

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Burner.1643

Burner.1643

Attended/Looted/No secondary Mail

As intended !

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: zabu.1894

zabu.1894

Wish they would have just sent all the accounts that had 80’s that had a account before the event and just be done with it! my 2 cents…..

(edited by zabu.1894)

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: kakipukul.4732

kakipukul.4732

Attended / NoLoot / No mail.
I waited for the event at 4am.

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

/received Karka Box

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: DIKIY.9507

DIKIY.9507

attended-no loot-no mail.

my friend who got loot then logged in with an alt got the mail, thus he got reward 2 times.

another friend who even wasnt on the event and was sleeping all the night just got a mail with a reward!

i’m shocked about anet!

(edited by DIKIY.9507)

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Ashe.9074

Ashe.9074

Can any dev tell us if our tickets are actually in a queue or being checked ?? there are some of us, including me, who attended and couldn’t loot and got no mail yet

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: kenng.5047

kenng.5047

Attended and DC/ No Loot/ No Mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: MagnusJN.8139

MagnusJN.8139

Attended/ No Loot/ No Mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Nimue.9507

Nimue.9507

Attended/Looted/No mail

I know a person that attended/no looted/got mail

And two persons that didn’t attend (but they were in the map and killed some mob, but not in the specific event) and got email

Arwen – Ele
Gunnar’s Hold

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Wreknar.5076

Wreknar.5076

Attended, No Loot, No Mail

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

attended/looted

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Ancient Karka Box Survey

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I attended the event and got the reward at the time.
I received another reward in the mail on Saturday.
No precursor, but I’m not complaining! The two 20 slot bags alone were great.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.