And poof! There go my Karma boosts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

What do you think about reporting this issue on the support ticket ? Maybe then we will get the answer

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

What do you think about reporting this issue on the support ticket ? Maybe then we will get the answer

Unless the devs are really set on no longer allowing karma boosts, i think you’ll get that functionality back if enough complaints are lodged through any of these avenues.

I still think it’s a non-issue, though.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Very disappointed about this as well. I’ve spent plenty of powder as well as undesirable boosters in order to get the enchanted boost. I primarily did this to be able to pick the karma boost, but obviously never made a pick till I would actually use one. Now the option to pick a karma boost is gone, which devalues those boosts for me

Why didn’t we receive a warning well ahead of time?

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I don’t think anyone knew ahead of time. I do not even recall seeing anything data mined on it beforehand either. I am not affected by this I have the original karma boosts saved but I feel for you guys who had the rug pulled out from under them.

Anet should put in a special vendor in Lion’s Arch that will exchange all the previous combined boosters for a karma booster for a limited time. After that it’s gone.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

I contacted CS and they responded very quickly, I was actually surprised at how quickly, Enchantment Boosts are working as intended and yes they actually used those words. Thanks to the CS team for their quick and polite response if only we could get that kind of help from their Community outreach people.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The same goes for the birthday boosters, you removed an effect from it.

That happened quite a while ago, though, i believe. they haven’t given karma for a long time.

Yeah I know but still.. who does stuff like that? Taking away stuff from a present?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Why do people want more Karma btw? xD

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

It is shady things like this that fuels the future distrust of this company. If the quality of the boosters don’t sell themselves then maybe they are the problem. You don’t need to break other things to force it.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

You can use Karma to purchase Obsidian shards for Ascended armor/weapons and for your Legendary.

Posted by: Mitzarin.2963

Mitzarin.2963

Senior GM Markus (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Aug 17, 08:03

Hello *,

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 support team.

At this time we cannot fulfill your request. Please note this was a general change that affected all players thus we cannot exchange the boosters you requested.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Senior GM Markus
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

Was the e-mail I received. This is an absolute outrage and MUST be addressed by players/GW2 Support/Devs as soon as possible. We cannot just allow a company to get away with such impure, shady acts of business.

Once again, escalated my ticket.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Hello *,

At this time we cannot fulfill your request. Please note this was a general change that affected all players thus we cannot exchange the boosters you requested.

Regards,

Senior GM Markus

Was the e-mail I received. This is an absolute outrage and MUST be addressed by players/GW2 Support/Devs as soon as possible. We cannot just allow a company to get away with such impure, shady acts of business.

That is very disappointing. Despite my issues with anet, I was always very happy that their support team was usually willing to help and work with you. That response is very disturbing to me. It means that either somebody is tying their hands or they simply don’t wish to be helpful any longer and that is not a good sign.

Posted by: wetwillyhip.7254

wetwillyhip.7254

Arenanet please respond. We want a response to this.

It makes us feel like you don’t care and it makes us think you didn’t plan ahead or foresee the outrage you would cause by doing this to karma boosters.

Seriously this is pulling the rug from our feet on what was bought and it involves money. This isn’t some little scam you pulled.

And the more you continue to ignore this thread, the more angry I presume people will become and feel ignored.

Why allow us to enchant our boosters to save space then you choose to change the options THOSE ENCHANTMENT POWDERS have. Why? Why? and Why?

This makes me actually upset and angry at something you’ve done & I never feel this way about your decisions.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Hello *,

Regards,

Senior GM Markus

That is very disappointing. Despite my issues with anet, I was always very happy that their support team was usually willing to help and work with you. That response is very disturbing to me. It means that either somebody is tying their hands or they simply don’t wish to be helpful any longer and that is not a good sign.

Have you prepurchased the expansion?^ If yes i wouldn’t be happy if i were in you XD

Posted by: Mitzarin.2963

Mitzarin.2963

Yes, I pre-purchased the expansion. Not just for myself, but for my Father, Mother, Wife and best friend. All of them being the ultimate 100$ edition. So yes, I am VERY unhappy.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hmmm. Lost about 3 of my posts from replying to now deleted posts. To recap one in particular.

Above all other things, ANet is a business. Above all other things, to them we are their customers. A business should never change a customer’s possessions without first checking if there is a way to lessen the effect of this change. And there was one easy way to lessen the effect of this change.

With the change to glory, ANet had a heads up post and gave the possessors of glory boosters a month to use them up. Why couldn’t they do the same in this situation? Any changes to the game that required the removal of the boosts are indoubtably many months away with the expansion release. It would have cost ANet nothing to give the month’s warning and gained them in less dissatisfied customers.

By changing items and not giving a heads up or an explanation why, it makes ANet appear heavy handed and clumsy in how they make changes and uncaring in how their customers feel about these changes. To unnecessarily annoy customers in this manner is one of the worse things a business can do. One of the messages this behavior gives its customers is caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. It makes them hesitate to make gemstore purchases, not only from general annoyance with ANet’s behavior but since they know changes can be made with no warning.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Roundabout.1752

Hmmm. Lost about 3 of my posts from replying to now deleted posts. To recap one in particular.

Above all other things, ANet is a business. Above all other things, to them we are their customers. A business should never change a customer’s possessions without first checking if there is a way to lessen the effect of this change. And there was one easy way to lessen the effect of this change.

With the change to glory, ANet had a heads up post and gave the possessors of glory boosters a month to use them up. Why couldn’t they do the same in this situation? Any changes to the game that required the removal of the boosts are indoubtably many months away with the expansion release. It would have cost ANet nothing to give the month’s warning and gained them in less dissatisfied customers.

By changing items and not giving a heads up or an explanation why, it makes ANet appear heavy handed and clumsy in how they make changes and uncaring in how their customers feel about these changes. To unnecessarily annoy customers in this manner is one of the worse things a business can do. One of the messages this behavior gives its customers is caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. It makes them hesitate to make gemstore purchases, not only from general annoyance with ANet’s behavior but since they know changes can be made with no warning.

I couldn’t agree more. I know I am changing my buying habits and Christmas requests. I am one of those hard to buy for people and GW gift cards were something that friends and family knew would make me happy, now they know different. Trust is earned, it’s also burned, sometimes to a crisp.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

You can use Karma to purchase Obsidian shards for Ascended armor/weapons and for your Legendary.

If anyone has ever been prevented from crafting those things due to lack of Karma could post commenting this so I can keep track of you, thanks.

Just a flesh wound.3589

My current main use of karma is to buy all the karma skins in the game. Right now I’m working on the T3 cultural weapons. At 63,000 karma each one set is 1,197,000 karma and the 5 sets are 5,985,000 karma. Then there are the Ebon Vanguard and Lionguard weapons, at 9,800 karma each that’s another 176,400 karma. I also bought a couple of stacks of obsidian shards back before there was a Silverwastes (that cost me over 1 million karma back then). I have no idea what all the individual heart karma skins cost me. So, with all my karma purchases even though I’ve played since launch I’m chronically low on karma. I think I have about 30-40k karma at the moment.

If they ever require another use for karma, such a several million to craft the new Legendary weapons, I’m sunk. Lol.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Roundabout.1752

If anyone has ever been prevented from crafting those things due to lack of Karma could post commenting this so I can keep track of you, thanks.

I started crafting as soon as I started playing and for the first 4 or 5 months I played I was more often then not short on Karma. BTW what possible difference does it make to the subject at hand? A service we brought was changed without notice or recompense, players are ignored on the Forum, even in the Bugs folder surely the people responsible for support on the forum can do better then that it says a lot that they’ve just decided not to.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Hopefully they will fix this. I still have an Instant Trait Reset, along with a number of other useless things that were previously removed, disabled or made irrelivant by anet.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I started crafting as soon as I started playing and for the first 4 or 5 months I played I was more often then not short on Karma. BTW what possible difference does it make to the subject at hand? A service we brought was changed without notice or recompense, players are ignored on the Forum, even in the Bugs folder surely the people responsible for support on the forum can do better then that it says a lot that they’ve just decided not to.

As a further comment on what difference does it made whether or not people were actively using the karma booster or karma.This is a flawed analogy but it makes the point I want to make.

If I own something, I don’t care if I’m actually using it or if I stuck it in the closet to gather dust. You better have a kitten good reason to reach into my possessions and change it up without so much as a by-your-leave or it’s-for-the-greater-good.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

I received a similar reply and told them it was unacceptable as well… waiting on another response.

Narrrz.7532

Whatever their actual reasons (and my opinions), an explanation from ANet would go a long way, i think.

What would you guys prefer, a reason you don’t agree with or no explanation at all?

Roundabout.1752

I can only speak for me but an explanation even if I completely disagree would be better then being ignored, and I’ll stop right there so I don’t say something I’ll regret later.

Posted by: Samiri.6439

Samiri.6439

WHat to use Karma on, I never use it for anything

Posted by: gert.7698

gert.7698

GM King (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Aug 17, 14:20

Hello Gert,

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

Unfortunately the karma boosters are not available anymore this is why you are unable to select them, however if you want to report this, we have found that the best way for the development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through our official forums. We ask players to post their ideas in our Official Forums: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum

Please post your suggestion in the forum most relevant to the subject at hand. For instance, if you are writing about PvP, post in the PvP sub-forum. If you are making a suggestion about a specific profession, please post in that profession’s sub-forum. And if you are writing about the Living World, feel free to post in that sub-forum.

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

The team looks forward to reviewing your input.

Regards,

GM King

Posted by: gert.7698

gert.7698

i replyed: since i bought the boosters with real money from their company i want a refund

wetwillyhip.7254

Still waiting for a response from a Community Manager on this….

Just a flesh wound.3589

WHat to use Karma on, I never use it for anything

I’ve spent millions of karma unlocking every karma skin in the game, and I’m still not done. Another person doing the same thing said he needs 3 million more karma to finish the T3 cultural weapons.

Whatever their actual reasons (and my opinions), an explanation from ANet would go a long way, i think.

What would you guys prefer, a reason you don’t agree with or no explanation at all?

Personally I don’t think we will get an answer, so asking if we would prefer a reason we don’t agree with or no answer is a moot point, since we aren’t getting a choice in that.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Narrrz.7532

SOME response would be nice.
Even just “i can’t get answers/i’m not allowed to talk about it right now”

wetwillyhip.7254

Yes, even something like that I think would hold people over.

I would really like an explanation or if it has to do something with the Pact Commander Mastery line unlocking a special karma merchant. Is that what it is? ArenaNet is boosting the value of having karma?

But still….
Why make it less easy to gain karma years after release when there are still many many demands for karma already -like obsidian shards, wardrobe unlocks, etc.

And then you still have the fact if you look at it as pulling the purchases right out from beneath you if you’ve converted bought karma boosters into enchanted powder to save bank space (only to use it as karma again).
This is I believe the biggest and most solid logical argument to make when demanding some way of a refund or explanation.

(edited by wetwillyhip.7254)

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Yes, even something like that I think would hold people over.

I would really like an explanation or if it has to do something with the Pact Commander Mastery line unlocking a special karma merchant. Is that what it is? ArenaNet is boosting the value of having karma?

But still….
Why make it less easy to gain karma years after release when there are still many many demands for karma already -like obsidian shards, wardrobe unlocks, etc.

And then you still have the fact if you look at it as pulling the purchases right out from beneath you if you’ve converted bought karma boosters into enchanted powder to save bank space (only to use it as karma again).
This is I believe the biggest and most solid logical argument to make when demanding some way of a refund or explanation.

I’m fairly confident it is the upcoming karma vendors.

Announce they are coming and then cut the boosts out of the combined boosters we were encourage to make to save space. Move gaining karma boosters out of the gemstore and into content so people can’t pay money to get more karma and have to grind RNG content or the like for the karma boosts instead.

I’m glad I never converted what few karma boosts I have. I just wish I could get a refund on the resources I wasted making the combined boosters now. Everything else they do just isn’t all useful.

Narrrz.7532

I’m glad I never converted what few karma boosts I have. I just wish I could get a refund on the resources I wasted making the combined boosters now. Everything else they do just isn’t all useful.

well, you can’t do anything more with the base boosters than the enchanted, if you never converted karma. i grant that you lost the 10s used to convert each booster, but unless you would have otherwise destroyed all your other boosters outright (or you really only had one type) then that’s still gold well spent to consolidate them.

don’t forget, too, that they can be used as gathering boosters.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

well, you can’t do anything more with the base boosters than the enchanted, if you never converted karma. i grant that you lost the 10s used to convert each booster, but unless you would have otherwise destroyed all your other boosters outright (or you really only had one type) then that’s still gold well spent to consolidate them.

don’t forget, too, that they can be used as gathering boosters.

I don’t care about gathering boosters. That is not why I consolidated. Its rare that I run around solely for the purpose of gathering, and using them any other time would kind of be a waste.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

If they ever require another use for karma, such a several million to craft the new Legendary weapons, I’m sunk. Lol.

I’ve been working on karma skins too, but always hold about one million in reserve. Still remember blowing all my karma on rng boxes expecting to get it all back after the patch by opening champ bags I had saved only to have them heavily nerf karma from champ bags in the same patch without any warning.

That said people complained bitterly about that and it turned out that it was still quite easy to amass huge amounts of karma. Removing it from the boosts is a tiny change in comparison. I still feel for people who paid for the powder to convert though. I never did because 10s each is way too much, I have enough boosts saved to make a full stack, that’s 25g! No.

wetwillyhip.7254

Still awaiting a response from a Community Manager.. . . . . … …… . . .

-.-

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

Still nothing? This is such a joke. I’ve seen horrible decisions when it came to selling stuff and burning players – Aeriagames was pretty big with that stuff… But ArenaNet sure tries to surpass them little by little…
If you delete something from the game it’s freaking natural to at least give a small heads up. Doing it all hush-hush and trying to ignore the fire until it burned out is the worst buiseness decision one could ever choose.

And I feel really sad for all the people buying powder and bundeling Karma boosts. That slap to the customers was surely unneeded.

Also lol at those tickets. Send them the link to this topic – Surely they should have read it already when they tell you to go to the forums. After all they do read it and all the criticism /s

Just a flesh wound.3589

After all, why should they respond? They know eventually we’ll give up and the thread will disappear.

They never respond when the answer is no and they don’t want to post the “No, it won’t change” answer and then get a bunch of angry responses. This is a behavior that they have demonstrated repeatedly and they think it’s working for them.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yup, I going after all the cultural weapons too. It’s around 8 millions karma if you start from scratch. Karma booster were a big part of my plan.

btw, it’s one of the very very few tread where almost everybody agree that it’s a bad idea from Anet. Rare occurrence.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

After all, why should they respond? They know eventually we’ll give up and the thread will disappear.

They never respond when the answer is no and they don’t want to post the “No, it won’t change” answer and then get a bunch of angry responses. This is a behavior that they have demonstrated repeatedly and they think it’s working for them.

It’s not working. You loose customers that way. Ignoring the paying customers is the same as digging your own grave as an developer.

Why do you think they went that quickly with an expansion?! :p Player numbers have been dwindeling nonstop. The announcement gave it a boost but so far, they already lost all the players they gained with the announcement – numberwise – again. And I mean you don’t have to reimagine the game every few months. Look at Riot Games and LoL, the numbers remain high as ever only being a little in flux and they also just have months were the only content is skins/light balance changes.

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s not working. You loose customers that way. Ignoring the paying customers is the same as digging your own grave as an developer.

Why do you think they went that quickly with an expansion?! :p Player numbers have been dwindeling nonstop. The announcement gave it a boost but so far, they already lost all the players they gained with the announcement – numberwise – again. And I mean you don’t have to reimagine the game every few months. Look at Riot Games and LoL, the numbers remain high as ever only being a little in flux and they also just have months were the only content is skins/light balance changes.

I know it’s a bad idea to ignore your customers when they have a valid complaint. You know it’s a bad idea also. But does ANet?

Sometimes I think there was a textbook the business types over there studied that was called, How To Annoy Your Customers. And they didn’t realize the text book was telling them how NOT to annoy your customers, so they’ve been doing it all wrong since then.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Anet has only met a few problems that they weren’t able to ignore. Its likely they’ll just ignore this one until something else takes its place.

SBI

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think is that the average player out there doesn’t yet know about this. I’m betting a large section of the population is logging in, doing daily, some farming, some meta bosses, a dungeon or two. None of which they would be popping a karma booster to use, so they haven’t checked their old boosters and seen the karma was gone. When the expansion hits and we will be doing new events in the new maps, that’s when I expect to see threads appearing on the forum asking, “What happened to my karma boosters?” If the majority of the players noticing is later, slow and scattered, I think ANet figures they can ride it out and let the excitement of the new expansion cover up any complaints.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Like I’ve said before, you have to cause quite the commotion in order to guarantee a response when they mess up.

Posted by: laceylush.8916

laceylush.8916

I think is that the average player out there doesn’t yet know about this. I’m betting a large section of the population is logging in, doing daily, some farming, some meta bosses, a dungeon or two. None of which they would be popping a karma booster to use, so they haven’t checked their old boosters and seen the karma was gone.

That’s accurate.

0% of my guildies knew about Karma being removed from the Enchanted Reward Boost. But 100% were outraged when it was brought to their attention, especially considering it wasn’t explicitly stated in the patch notes.

[Azure] ~ Darkhaven

wetwillyhip.7254

Still waiting…. Gaile Gray please respond. Where do you stand with this?

Narrrz.7532

Still waiting…. Gaile Gray please respond. Where do you stand with this?

i highly doubt that, even if her position differs from the devs, she’d be willing to voice that on a public forum where her actions are expected to aid the company’s interests.

An explanation of the official position would be nice, still.

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I’m pretty disgusted with how this has been handled by ANet.

The more I think about it the more disappointed I feel with how they managed this.

When I consider my boosters, Karma booster is THE booster I would use regularly. The other boosters I have no particular use for, maybe popping a magic find booster.

The new boosters don’t really resolve anything in particular imo. It just strikes me as a different dog with different fleas.

Honestly it’s ANet’s game but THE egregious mistake here is that ANet never indicated that Karma boosters would be removed. Nevermind the constant removal changes ANet insists on doing (FotM levels, PvP glory boosters) and now karma boosters.

It all creates a feeling of having things taken away and people missing out. It just upsets people.

Roundabout.1752

I think is that the average player out there doesn’t yet know about this. I’m betting a large section of the population is logging in, doing daily, some farming, some meta bosses, a dungeon or two. None of which they would be popping a karma booster to use, so they haven’t checked their old boosters and seen the karma was gone. When the expansion hits and we will be doing new events in the new maps, that’s when I expect to see threads appearing on the forum asking, “What happened to my karma boosters?” If the majority of the players noticing is later, slow and scattered, I think ANet figures they can ride it out and let the excitement of the new expansion cover up any complaints.

I think you’re right. I was with some RL friends playing game and none of them had a clue about what had happened with Enchantment Boosts or that Bonfires had been removed from the TP. Can they ride it out? It could happen.

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

Can we please get at least an explanation as to why this change was done now? XP boosters are currently mostly useless… until the expansion anyway…. might be of more use when the expansion hits but why in the world wouldn’t this change wait until the expansion? The karma booster was the only thing of use in those… and they get rid of it for no apparent reason and replace it with things that are entirely useless at the moment. Brilliant job.