Anniversary Sales [End.]

Anniversary Sales [End.]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

YES!!!! We’ve all been waiting like, forever, for boosters to be marginally(1) discounted! Such sale! Many wow! So glee! Very savings! Takes me right back to the glorious days of Double Mantid Pincers week-ends of GW1!!!

Ugh…

(1) …at the outer or lower limits; minimal for requirements; almost insufficient. (as per dictionary)

(edited by Noa.7490)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

30% isn’t a marginal discount. We’ve had items at only 20% off.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Davillgost.2435

Davillgost.2435

Can we please please please see Grenth Hood?!

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

There has been a lot of sales, has there yet been a sale for character slots or have i missed it?

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here’s a list of all the items offered during the sale: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Anniversary-Sales-Updates/page/9#post5482494

Good luck.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No there hasn’t. I’ve been waiting the whole 21+ days for it.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

uhohhotdog.3598

They extended it for this? Really? So disappointing

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

There’s currently an encore sale going on over the weekend, I’m hopeful we’ll see characterslots during it. Probably one of the ‘only one at this price’ deals.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

only one total makeover kid? why now i cri

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Anyone have an update for today? I’m on a Mac, and the TP is rarely loading on the beta client… so I’ve been relying on people to tell me or post here what’s on sale. Thanks!

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Sae.8453

Sae.8453

I’ll update in 5 minutes.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well there goes the sprocket market. :p

Not really, actually. Sprockets didnt really go down in price since the pick was available and it seems many players started working on their backpacks since the mordrem invasion which rewards quite some mats for it, like power cores and blade shards.

Edit:
New items today: jungle explorer outfit for 350 instead of 700 gems and transmutation charges, 5 for 37 gems.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

Another day of disappointment boys

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

kitten, the few days I was away on vacation had some items I would have bought. Ah, well.

Can we please get character slot sale, too? Pretty please?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Darn it, I bought that jungle explorer outfit a couple week ago, well, two of them, cause I thought it be cool for HoT release, haha. oh well, luck is funny that way.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Oh well, I picked up the charges, although I had been hoping for the 25-packs to go on sale. You can get 3 of the packs before it jumps up to 150. I am wavering on the jungle outfit as a uniform is about the only thing I could see a bunch of people wearing and this comes close to that.

That takes care of #2 on my list but I have not bought anything since the first days of the sale (the white wings for my valkyrie-like norn and some skins for my necro that will be like Jory). If they do not have character slots (or something awesome we did not anticipate) tomorrow this sale will be a bust.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not bad. A cheap outfit. Good for us outfit lovers.

And finally! An outfit that looks good on my human Mesmer. She has that Mohawk type hairstyle and a “I’m so tuff” look on her face and no dress I put on her suited her.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

Since Account Bump is down more cause of the charge sale, i might pick it up as a bit of a bonus to my self, and try out my luck with key and dye.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’m happy the charges are on sale. I needed to buy more, just wish I could buy more than 15 at that price.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

I’m happy the charges are on sale. I needed to buy more, just wish I could buy more than 15 at that price.

What are you doing that requires so many charges, since I seem to earn a lot in daily chest and or pvp. also the few i earned when i did map explorer and such.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I have 2375 left from my HoT pre purchase and I want to spend them all on character slots… ?? Sale please?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

What are you doing that requires so many charges, since I seem to earn a lot in daily chest and or pvp. also the few i earned when i did map explorer and such.

I don’t really use them too often. I just don’t earn many at all anymore. Just the ones from the dailies. Lately I’ve been messing around with the look of my characters. I’ve also been leveling another character and use a charge every time I get a new piece of armor. A complete waste, I know. I have a feeling I will be using a lot of them come HoT as well. Buying 15 only bumped me up to 31.

I don’t PvP unless it’s to finish up a daily. I haven’t focused on map completion in a couple years now. It will likely be a focus in the near future though.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

I don’t really use them too often. I just don’t earn many at all anymore. Just the ones from the dailies. Lately I’ve been messing around with the look of my characters. I’ve also been leveling another character and use a charge every time I get a new piece of armor. A complete waste, I know. I have a feeling I will be using a lot of them come HoT as well. Buying 15 only bumped me up to 31.

I don’t PvP unless it’s to finish up a daily. I haven’t focused on map completion in a couple years now. It will likely be a focus in the near future though.

Yea, daily pvp more or less for me too, but I guess that explains why you need more charges. I not mess with the looks to much. more so i wait till i am done leveling to change the armor so i did not have to do it to much.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

I have 8 toons that carry 4 armor sets each (zerker, rabid, rampagers for hybrid builds and soldiers for WvW). All toons also carry at least one, sometimes 2 copies of every weapon depending on if the wep skills are condi build friendly.

Players like me EASILY consume hundreds of transmutation charges. Revenant plus elite spec weapons will make the desire for them even worse XD

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Players like me EASILY consume hundreds of transmutation charges. Revenant plus elite spec weapons will make the desire for them even worse XD

Makes me wish I could sell the 622 I have for gems

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

I’ll update in 5 minutes.

Thank you Sae! Much appreciated.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

Will there be Toxic and Scarlet skins on sale after event ends? I got only 1 skin qq

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Just a flesh wound.3589

Will there be Toxic and Scarlet skins on sale after event ends? I got only 1 skin qq

They are currently being sold by the Mordrem event vendors, so I wouldn’t expect them to be in the gemstore any time soon.

ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

uhohhotdog.3598

More disappointing sales. What’s the point of these useless sales? Why not put something people want?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

They’ve had several outfits now…some armor skins would be very much appreciated. At least by me.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

More disappointing sales. What’s the point of these useless sales? Why not put something people want?

How do you know what is in sale is not what people want? Just because it is not thing you want? If you look at rise in gold to gem exchange since sale start I would say the sale has thing people want.

;)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

uhohhotdog.3598

How do you know what is in sale is not what people want? Just because it is not thing you want? If you look at rise in gold to gem exchange since sale start I would say the sale has thing people want.

More like they’re buying simply because it’s on sale much like I have been. Because I might have a need for it later.
There’s been plenty of people asking for things that haven’t been included.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Qugi.2653

More like they’re buying simply because it’s on sale much like I have been. Because I might have a need for it later.
There’s been plenty of people asking for things that haven’t been included.

You still do not get to say what is on sale is not what people want. Do you know every player in game and talk to them? Do they all say to you we do not want this? No. You are just angry because you do not get what you want and think you can talk for all player. Many thing during sale was thing I want. So see you are wrong.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Actually, I’ve been rather interested in the Jungle Outfit. Too bad I’m out of gems.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Actually these sales have been pretty solid so far. I certainly spent more cash on the game than i would have done without them. I know that its just because of the 3rd burthday but i would rly like this to become a regular thing. Its a actually a good reason to check the gemstore from time to time.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Rate spike indicates that there were things today that players were willing to buy. 1/2 price outfit and up to three 5 packs of transmutation charges at 75% off. Buy 15 charges for less than the normal cost of 5? Sure you get one for every city map complete but that’s a lot of time just to get 6.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Qugi.2653

Actually, I’ve been rather interested in the Jungle Outfit. Too bad I’m out of gems.

Maybe some friend will use sale to gift to you.

;)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I have 2375 left from my HoT pre purchase and I want to spend them all on character slots… ?? Sale please?

IF they put character slots on sale, it will mostly likely be limited to 1 per account for a discounted price.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Just a flesh wound.3589

For me the sale has been ok. Not bad, not good. It hasn’t brought out anything near and dear to my heart but it’s brought out stuff that I could use, like the sale on makeover kits or the sale on the jungle outfit that I didn’t like enough to buy full price.

ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Stormrunner.8509

Stormrunner.8509

Ok im a little annoyed that the prices in the gem store are fluctuating based on what you buy! For instance the Account bump was listed at 674 and the transmutation charges at 37 (limit of 15) So I bought a transmutation charge and the price of the Account bump went up to 754… Logged over to my other account and it has the Account bump at 674!

Also if there is a limit of 15 why did it go away after I only bought one and wont let me purchase more at the discounted cost!

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Price of bundles fluctuates base on other sales of items within the bundles.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The reason for the Bump to change is that the Bump includes 5 transmutation charges so they are keeping the value consistent with the sale.

As to the limit, hmm, a typo? I have enough charges from other sources that I don’t need to spend gems on them … but for SCIENCE …

Ok, I bought a set of 5 for 37 gems and now I can buy 10 more at this price. I won’t, but it shouldn’t have stopped you after just one purchase of 5.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

I bought 15 of the transmutation charges. Can burn through 5-10 easily in one evening by changing looks that might make me look better.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

You could always make your desire for the item known here:

Perhaps someone will gift it to you before the sale ends.
(if you do post it there and receive it as a gift, be sure to immediately update your post stating that you received it as a gift so others do not send you additional ones that cannot be used)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Qugi.2653

(if you do post it there and receive it as a gift, be sure to immediately update your post stating that you received it as a gift so others do not send you additional ones that cannot be used)

I think some nice person already do that gift.

;)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Awe. How very thoughtful of this nice person!

I didn’t want to come right out and ask if they had been gifted it yet, but if they had not already gotten it and made a post there then I would know that it was something they still desired.

Nobody is really making desires known in that thread so I have done far less gifting this anniversary sale than I had hoped to.

We shall see what comes up for tomorrow’s sales.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

You just read the posts of what people are asking for and compare it to what has been in the sale.

Sure, I have bought some things but they were not the ones I would have chosen to be there. With one exception of something that I needed to stock up on anyway (and was annoyed that I could not buy more of) everything else was skins, most of which I have not used yet.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Qugi.2653

You just read the posts of what people are asking for and compare it to what has been in the sale.

Forum post does not represent all player. Many many player never post on forum. You can not say for example 100 people who say on forum we do not get what we want mean it is the same for all player. Unless you talk personal to all player in game and they tell you what they want then you can not say sale did not give what player want. You can only make guess but guess is not fact.

If you read forum for a long time you see some player think it cool thing to do to complain about everything every chance. They have been on internet and see other do it and think I will also complain always because it is cool to do. They like attention of making complaint always even when they do not really feel the same.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Awe. How very thoughtful of this nice person!

I didn’t want to come right out and ask if they had been gifted it yet, but if they had not already gotten it and made a post there then I would know that it was something they still desired.

Nobody is really making desires known in that thread so I have done far less gifting this anniversary sale than I had hoped to.

We shall see what comes up for tomorrow’s sales.

Some very nice people indeed.

I actually wasn’t aware of that gift-desire thread. Thanks for posting.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Won’t complain, it gives me a second so I can actually use one and still keep one to use to preview looks.

No complaints here! Just thought we should note it for everyone, since usually those kinds of limits are shown in the Gem Store/advertising.

Didn’t mean to imply anyone was, just that while I’d have bought more on discount I was happy to get this item discounted.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon