(1) bag slot expansion
(3) boosters

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Today: 40% off Living World Season 2 (Usually 20% off)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

What? I don’t see anything up for sale right now?
Did it bug briefly?

Oh living story, can’t see it cuz I got it already.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: nicoliy.3952

nicoliy.3952

Today: 40% off Living World Season 2 (Usually 20% off)

Figures…I bought this a week or so ago so I could play it before the expansion comes out. Should have waited.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

Glad to know that the sales haven’t quite ended just yet. Still holding out for some decent items that are in high demand. Was just about to flush my gems down the loo when I saw there was nothing new on sale that I could get.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

They always have sales. This one was just labelled differently.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Well they lost sales with me as I was and am holding gems for char slots. Once I have those from a sale then I will be spending on other things. Until then I wont be spending.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Unless you bought those gems with cash, they don’t care. And even if you did, they already have your money.

The purpose of these sales is to get us to part with whatever gems we already have, deplete gold we already have, and put us in a situation where we are desperate enough to buy gems with cash because only gems bought with cash pays their bills.

Of course to do all that they need to put items up for sale, either new, returning or existing at a discount and considering the exchange rate shot up by 70% I say they succeeded like gangbusters. Likewise since the rate has come down 30% that gems are being sold back to the exchange, likely cash bought ones.

Just because they didn’t have what you wanted, doesn’t mean it’s a bad sale.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Okay, I just ran the gem exchange rate numbers for the sale including the extension and Monday.

Using the recorded exchange rate from GW2TP ( https://www.gw2tp.com/gems ) during the hour and a half around Noon each day to look at the spike when the Gem Shop is updated as well as day to day changes.

The three days that had spikes well about the average were;

• Sep 1st – One Bag slot at 50% off (but rumored unlimited if you bought from your inventory instead of the shop), 75% off one flame and/or one shadow dye kit. – up 25.4%
  • Sep 8th – Five Taimi’s Dye kits for 50% off as well as returning for the day – up 22.0%
  • Sep 11th – One Total Makeover Kit at 65% off and Heroic Boosters at 30% off. – up 26.4%

The two days that had significant negative spikes were

• Sep 2nd – Belinda’s Greatsword Skin returning at 20% off and the Shadow Assassin’s Outfit at 35% off. – down 7.5%
  • Sep 7th – Introduction of the Harbinger of Mordremoth Outfit for 7 days at 700 gems – down 12.8%

Now the negative spikes may be due to players selling gems after seeing what the daily sale was and decided that now was the time to cash in their excess gems. The drop on the 2nd was after the spike on the 1st and the drop on the 7th was after 4 days of rate hikes that in total was 25%.

The two key sales had a 9% spike for 25% off any amount on the first day of 4 sale days and 9.4% spike on the one day sale of 5 keys at 75% off (also five Bank Access express were 90% off).

The one day sale of bank tabs at 20% off (also 75% off the Magic Carpet) had only 5% spike. But the Account Jump Start was introduced Aug 18th and included two bank tabs and that may have satiated some of the demand.

There are also some interesting numbers when you compare the spike around noon vs the 24 change in the rate. But I’ll talk about that next later as it’s late/early.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: childhoodtwo.7095

childhoodtwo.7095

R.I.P. Grenths Hood hopes ….

Attachments:

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

^same face for lack of bunny ears too. At least the hood was brought back once. Bunny ears was just out once

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Get the devil horns while you can.

Not sure if bug or was meant to be in there now.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Well would you look at that. Town Clothes headgear skin for sale as armor skin.
According to the experts here on the forums they’d never do that, so this is clearly a mass hallucination right?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well would you look at that. Town Clothes headgear skin for sale as armor skin.
According to the experts here on the forums they’d never do that, so this is clearly a mass hallucination right?

Devils horns were available as armor skin before from the gem shop, just like many others. However, since they announced a couple of months ago that they wont release any new armor skins through the gem store, they didnt release any armor skins that have only been available as town cloth before.

This is no new armor skin, just a re-release.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Devil Horns – 200 gems

are up for grab under Style section!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

Devil Horns – 200 gems

i dont see them x.x

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Devil Horns – 200 gems

i dont see them x.x

No worry!

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Well, it is more of a halloween type of thing anyway?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well, it is more of a halloween type of thing anyway?

Wintersday, actually.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Okay, here’s a chart showing the daily spike in the rate around noon each day, the overall change for 24 hours and the difference between the two.

First, when more gems flow out of the exchange compared to flowing in, the rate increases. When more gems flow in to the exchange compared to flowing out, the rate decreases.

The red bars are the spike, the percentage change in the gold to gem exchange rate, measured roughly from 45 minutes before and to after the store reset, 16:00 UTC. The green bars are the daily change from 45 minutes before the reset to the same time the next day. The cyan bars is simply the different between the daily change and the spike, negative means that the 22 1/2 hours after the spike period, the rate went down.

The first ten days, from Aug 21st to Aug 30th were cumulative with items staying until the reset on the 31st. This means that players could wait it out until they saw everything offered and then decide what to spend their gems and how much gold to convert. Although over those 10 days the exchange rate increased 35% overall or 3% a day compounded.

It’s interesting to notice that any sell off after the spike was minor, the worst being down 3.9% after the spike on Aug 26th and that was a down day overall. That’s surprising because it was a day when a bunch of Destiny’s Edge skins returned.

But on the 31st, almost every sale though the was the 24 hour variety and the spikes were much larger as well as the post spike sell off. Nearly every day during the daily sales with 8 out of the 15 days with percentage drops at least twice as large as the worst day of the cumulative sales. That’s a significant cashing in of gems vs buying.

The one thing the daily sales show is player will rush to buy gems while gem holders are more than willing to sell off some gems for gold to cash in on these spikes.

And as I’m writing this the gem exchange rate has returned to the pre-sale level of the mid 19g per 100 gems.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Very nice information you’ve put together for everyone, Behellagh. I miss seeing your charts that you would post often back in the BLTC sub-forum. I always found them to be quite informative.

I’ve always used the gold cost of a full T3 cultural gear armor set as the basis for what I consider a reasonable price when converting gold into gems. As armor skin sets were the main items I purchased from the gem store, I always equated 800 gems (the cost of an armor skin set) to be equal to about 125 gold (the cost of a full T3 cultural armor skin set).

Then again, I also base many other in-game purchases around the cost of a T3 armor set. (e.g. If I want a BL weapon skin, does the skin have potential to be used at least 6 times across my existing characters, just as how a full armor set is six pieces that would be used, if so, it would be worth the 125g for the one skin)

Due to my pretty much already having all of the gem store armor skins, and their no longer releasing armor sets on the gem store, I will likely need to re-evaluate the value I place on gold in relation to converting to gems. One problem I face in this task is that I feel most things in the gem store are overpriced, which is why I tend to wait for an item to go on sale before I consider purchasing it. Another problem is, there really aren’t any in-game items that equivalent to the gem store versions that can be acquired with gold for me to base purchases of those items on.

Ah well.

Also, another thank you to you, Sae, for maintaining the thread during the sales. It was quite helpful.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |