Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should do two things:

1. Add a dampener effect on puzzles so mesmer portals can’t be used to skip straight to the end.
2. Add puzzle masteries so those having trouble can at least select that mastery and upgrade it several times to get mastery skills that help them in all puzzles all over the world, with extras like more checkpoints, skipping some parts, using additional boosting platforms , tunnels and ladders unavailable until there’s a mastery and the like.

That way, if you are a good jumper, you just do the stuff and get it. And if you are not, you get the upgrade and come back the easy way. “Fast vs Easy”, “Skill vs dedication”. And you never depend on mesmers to get things done for you.

Like in metrovania games.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

-snip-

Platform jumping are jump puzzles. You have to gauge distance and speed to make the jump properly. It can trigger motion sickness in many players. But it doesn’t happen to you so everyone else it does happen to is kittened. Am I doing it right?

If you have to gauge a distance’s jump then it is automatically a puzzle?

Like if I see a puddle on the ground and I jump over it. You’re telling me that’s essentially a puzzle….?

I have a feeling we have very different definitions of what a puzzle is.

Now getting motion sickness is a legitimate concern. In actual jumping puzzles it is typically caused by the camera re-adjusting, perhaps having to change directions quickly (like Mad King). In Uncategorized you can stop, press W and space. Stop. Kill harpy. Slowly move your character’s direction. Press W and space. Stop. Kill harpy. You don’t have to do any kind of crazy camera controlling, there aren’t blind walls that force your camera angle to change to some weirdo angle, heck that even makes me sick sometimes.

Without the weirdo camera movements or having to change directions quickly, what is causing the motion sickness? Jumping in general? Like if you ran in a straight line on flat ground jumping, do you get motion sickness?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

-snip-

Jumping over a puddle is different from jumping to a specific location where if you miss… you die.

Different things happen in the brain when you attempting to complete a complex task than if you’re just jumping over a fence where missing the jump amounts to literally no consequence.

The Harpies place rings on the platforms which knocks you off by the way… you can’t just do it a your own leisure.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

-snip-

Jumping over a puddle is different from jumping to a specific location where if you miss… you die.

Different things happen in the brain when you attempting to complete a complex task than if you’re just jumping over a fence where missing the jump amounts to literally no consequence.

The Harpies place rings on the platforms which knocks you off by the way… you can’t just do it a your own leisure.

Thats not a jumping puzzle to me, sorry… As for the harpys, range kill them, you dont need to be on the same platform with them, and at least if you die in there the checkpoint is literally right at the start of the jumping. Its annoying to be knocked down by them ill agree, but its not bad. plus armor repairs are free, so if your armor does indeed break from it then you can just exit(escape, Logout, character select) and come back!

Instead of with actual jumping puzzles where if you die you have to waypoint and or wait for someone to come resurrect you, if they can even get to you without dying. Not only that, but quite a few of the jumping puzzles actually have some unique mechanic to them to make them more like a puzzle.

And ill disagree, if you dont know that on the other side of the fence is a 30 foot drop that you cant see because of how close it is to the fence, but you can see the ground on the other side from where you standing. your brain reacts the same. you run try to hop the fence, and then get your foot stuck on the fence therefore making you fall into said 30 foot hole…well..

plus, its a game, you dont really die, you get an annoying waypoint and load screen for sure! but not a real death!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Jasher.6580

Thats not a jumping puzzle sorry…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

Uncategorized Fractal Complete the Raving Asura’s jumping puzzle.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Thats not a jumping puzzle sorry…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

Uncategorized Fractal Complete the Raving Asura’s jumping puzzle.

Then i stand corrected! Lemme edit that post~

I just dont see it as a jumping puzzle, compared to some of the ones out in the regular world that one is fairly easy i suppose(My opinion and i hate jumping puzzles)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

A counter voice to all the Jumping puzzle hate, I love them, and for me they are an essential part to guild wars 2.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I just dont see it as a jumping puzzle

It’s really not a JP. It’s just… jumping. Even if it’s called a JP, it isn’t one.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Jasher.6580

A counter voice to all the Jumping puzzle hate, I love them, and for me they are an essential part to guild wars 2.

I want jump puzzles in the game because a lot of people like them. Nevertheless, I think it should be OPTIONAL content. Like Keg Brawl.

The people who like it can go do it.

It’s not that I “dislike” jump puzzles. They literally make me nauseous when I do them. They make me feel sick.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I love jumping puzzles but hate how terrible the rewards for completing them are.

Like many other things on this game, I feel cheated for my time to get essentially no reward.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So…this club is dedicated to the removal of all JUMPING from GW2?….

….a game that was designed around the concept of jumping to traverse the world in general?

I don’t disagree that an option to LOCK the camera (or some other potential solution) from the ping-pong zoom in/out motion it can present in close quarters (that even makes me woozy at times), but to suggest that JUMPING should be removed from the game is simply narrow minded and some bizarre form of political correctness taken to extremes.

But I guess this should not surprise me on these forums…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

I don’t inherently dislike jumping puzzles; I do like some of them, and I agree it’s a big part of GW2, but a lot are just terribly designed. Some are in small caves that are too small for the camera, so you’re either flat out missing platforms, or you end up bashing your head on low ceilings (two design flaws in one). Others the platforms are not flat dang it ARRRGGGGH.

One particular jumping puzzle in Lions Arch has all three…

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Viking.1950

Viking.1950

….a game that was designed around the concept of jumping to traverse the world in general?

I don’t disagree that an option to LOCK the camera (or some other potential solution) from the ping-pong zoom in/out motion it can present in close quarters (that even makes me woozy at times), but to suggest that JUMPING should be removed from the game is simply narrow minded and some bizarre form of political correctness taken to extremes.

No one at anytime in this thread suggested that jumping puzzles should be removed and in fact, many went out of their way to point out that they didn’t want them removed.

We simply don’t want them to be necessary for map completion.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Kirani.2690

Kirani.2690

No one at anytime in this thread suggested that jumping puzzles should be removed and in fact, many went out of their way to point out that they didn’t want them removed.

[/quote]

I will add to this sentiment the hope that elaborate jumping will not be a significant (mandatory) part of progression on the new maps in HoT. They can put a hundred jumping puzzles in HoT for all I care as long as they are optional and not a roadblock to progressing the story. I hope they don’t gate content I am expected to pay for behind stupid gimmicks like they did with the timed jumping skills for Drytop.

(edited by Kirani.2690)

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It’s really not a JP. It’s just… jumping. Even if it’s called a JP, it isn’t one.

I’d call it a very simple jumping puzzle. A beginner’s jumping puzzle.

Which is all that they really can do in a Fractal. They can’t put a super hard jumping puzzle into it.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I will add to this sentiment the hope that elaborate jumping will not be a significant (mandatory) part of progression on the new maps in HoT. They can put a hundred jumping puzzles in HoT for all I care as long as they are optional and not a roadblock to progressing the story. I hope they don’t gate content I am expected to pay for behind stupid gimmicks like they did with the timed jumping skills for Drytop.

I am just wondering what exactly constitutes as a jumping challenge.

You have a boss like Saboteur Aerin that requires jumping between platforms

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Er…where, exactly, did you see that stated in the OP?

As to the topic at hand (which, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with the removal of jumping puzzles), I absolutely loathe them, but I’m happy they are in the game for the people who enjoy them (and I believe there are many).

I’m not thrilled with the idea of gating map completion behind them, but it doesn’t bother me enough to pick up a pitchfork and stir up an angry mob of Tyrians.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

There should be an infantile mode like SAB for people bad at jumping puzzle.

So if active the infantile mode, there’s a cloud ladder creating a separate path that people can just jump on the cloud one by one and reach the destination.

Please vote infantile mode for jumping puzzle too.

(edited by Moderator)

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I’d call it a very simple jumping puzzle. A beginner’s jumping puzzle.

But it’s not really a JP at all. There’s no puzzle to it or any tricky bits. It’s just a little bit of platforming.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I will throw my name in the hat as another that hates JPs. Mind you, I am generally ok at them, but they aren’t why I play the game. And the crazy ones? I will never do them. The griffinrun or whatever it’s called is a horrible one that I will never attempt. And I GREATLY resent jumping puzzles in Fractals. That I feel is the biggest offense. Uncategorized is horrendous. Harpies with knockback scattered over tiny platforms WITH an achievement for not falling? Forget it. I have gotten to the point I prefer the dredge over that one as it’s easier and just more enjoyable and less frustrating. I enjoy puzzles. I don’t enjoy platforming in an MMO.

(edited by Ralanost.8913)

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

There are very few instances (like maybe two) where you need to do a JP to complete a map and typically those are very easy instances as well. If it’s really that hard for you, just ask a mesmer friend to help you and portal you up, it’s really not that hard.

The issue with arguing that some forms of content should be “optional” is that it then opens the door for a lot of other arguments. Someone could argue that doing hearts should be optional. Others will go as far as arguing that combat should be optional, and so on, so forth.

It’s just silly to ask for certain kinds of content to be removed or segregated from the main game simply because some individuals don’t like it. JP’s form a core part of the GW2 experience just like other features might form a core experience for another game. If you don’t like that core experience, perhaps this is not the right game for you.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Ralanost.8913

There are very few instances (like maybe two) where you need to do a JP to complete a map and typically those are very easy instances as well. If it’s really that hard for you, just ask a mesmer friend to help you and portal you up, it’s really not that hard.

The issue with arguing that some forms of content should be “optional” is that it then opens the door for a lot of other arguments. Someone could argue that doing hearts should be optional. Others will go as far as arguing that combat should be optional, and so on, so forth.

It’s just silly to ask for certain kinds of content to be removed or segregated from the main game simply because some individuals don’t like it. JP’s form a core part of the GW2 experience just like other features might form a core experience for another game. If you don’t like that core experience, perhaps this is not the right game for you.

Why? I would love the idea of anything you do being viable and not feeling punished for not wanting to do any part of the game you don’t enjoy. I would much rather the game be a la carte then told I need to eat everything to get my dessert.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

-snip-

Platform jumping are jump puzzles. You have to gauge distance and speed to make the jump properly. It can trigger motion sickness in many players. But it doesn’t happen to you so everyone else it does happen to is kittened. Am I doing it right?

You’d be right if there weren’t mesmers in the game.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

this whole discussion is, we don’t like this aspect. What happens though, if you remove everyone’s unpopular parts, you end up with.. nothing.. there are people who don’t like hearts, there are people who don’t like the wvw maps, there people who.. you get the idea.. if they start removing stuff they may as well disable the whole thing

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

I do sympathize with people who literally can’t do JPs because of medical conditions or technical difficulties (like excessive latency issues). In most cases a mesmer can help those people out when necessary.

I don’t sympathize with people who simply don’t like them at all. Jumping is an important skill in this game and everyone can learn how to do it. Yeah, the camera can be a bit wonky at times, especially in tight places, but I’ve done all the JPs with both my maximum-height norn and charr without too much trouble, plus you can always use a transmogrify potion to change into something smaller with normal walking animations if that’s your biggest gripe.

Platforming is part of the game and it’s not going anywhere.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Why? I would love the idea of anything you do being viable and not feeling punished for not wanting to do any part of the game you don’t enjoy. I would much rather the game be a la carte then told I need to eat everything to get my dessert.

Here’s the thing, you don’t actually “need” to do everything. You only do something if you want to achieve a particular goal. Want that Flame legion armor? Do CoF. Want map completion, do that one JP to get a vista. Want fractal weapons? Do Fractals. Etc and so on.

However, you don’t HAVE to have dungeon armor. Nor do you HAVE to complete a map 100% or do fractals or anything else. You can play however you want to. The only thing that dictates what you do, are your own personal goals. And let’s face it, that’s what games are really about these days. Completing a specific goal to get a specific reward, and this is the same for all games, not just GW2. In fact, I’d say GW2 is a bit lenient in this regard because it often offers players multiple ways to achieve specific goals. For example, if you don’t want to do a dungeon to get a specific kind of armor, you can do PvP and get the same armor. Or, if you don’t want to do crafting to get a legendary, you can just save gold and buy one doing other content, etc.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Draknar.5748

Only on level 10+

And you can certainly do it at your own leisure. Unless you are simply trying to bypass the content by running through the harpies, which is not what is intended and is your own doing.

All 5 jump to one platform. Rotate stability/reflects/absorbs while killing harpy. All move to next platform. Repeat. Some harpies you strictly range so you aren’t attacked by 3 at a time.

I can and have done Uncategorized in this manner without issue up to FoTM50.

I’ve also run through all of them, but I don’t get motion sickness so it isn’t an issue.

If you get motion sickness easily, then you need to do it the normal slow way.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The jumping puzzle is one of very few examples of Arenanet giving us a scenario and letting us solve it whichever way we choose (WvW is another example). Most minigame content has coded rules. I prefer the freedom-to-be-creative content.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

i love jumping puzzles but i am also someone who will get nauseated after spending too much time in SAB. but sorry OP, seriously, for map completion we are talking about those vistas that are at the end of jumping puzzles : Vizier’s Tower, Wall Breach. 2 jps if i am not mistaken. the one in wvw can be tricky but its not a jp. if you also count tricky jumps them the list may expand based on skill level and what you may find hard. if you need help, there is always someone who will help you or port you. to give my early noob example, the vista in Caledon SW of Stormwreck deeps, on a little island. that one took me 2 days to do. first day i gave up after over an hr. logged in next day, took me another 30 mins. but i did it. since then i have done all jps and help to port players and friends who are also jp challenged. some at least make you think the first time thru about how to best do it. jps arent hard. you just have to get better, and you will.
Dry Top and SW do not count towards map completion, so i expect the tricky stuff introduced in HoT wont count. The new wvw map, i am leaning towards it counting, but i plan to get all my alts to 100% before then.
but seriously, which ones are you really having trouble with for your map complete???

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Like they have been since release?

Per the one’s listed above (about half a dozen) that have places where a significant risk of death from a fall at a difficult spot exist, I have no issue with requesting those might be modified to allow for easier map completion, but map completion SHOULD present some challenge to the average player. If you fall outside that classification, perhaps map completion is just not within your reach (not being mean, just honest).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I agree with the OP. I am also completely against jump puzzles in dungeons and fractals. They make me literally sick and triggers massive headaches. I remember they said it would be optional content, it doesn’t feel like that anymore.

Well luckily there aren’t any JPs in dungeons or fractals. So you’re good.

Uncategorized Fractal says hello. Mad King’s Clock Tower says hello.

mad king clock isn’t a jumping puzzle, it’s a jumping race.
big difference there.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Ralanost.8913

Here’s the thing, you don’t actually “need” to do everything. You only do something if you want to achieve a particular goal. Want that Flame legion armor? Do CoF. Want map completion, do that one JP to get a vista. Want fractal weapons? Do Fractals. Etc and so on.

However, you don’t HAVE to have dungeon armor. Nor do you HAVE to complete a map 100% or do fractals or anything else. You can play however you want to. The only thing that dictates what you do, are your own personal goals. And let’s face it, that’s what games are really about these days. Completing a specific goal to get a specific reward, and this is the same for all games, not just GW2. In fact, I’d say GW2 is a bit lenient in this regard because it often offers players multiple ways to achieve specific goals. For example, if you don’t want to do a dungeon to get a specific kind of armor, you can do PvP and get the same armor. Or, if you don’t want to do crafting to get a legendary, you can just save gold and buy one doing other content, etc.

I would like to make Mawdrey. It requires time in Dry Top which is essentially one big jumping puzzle. Not going to happen. The current legendaries ask you to participate in multiple parts of the game. There are plenty of other things that if you want to complete them or get a new skin, you can’t stick to your comfort zones. I just want things to have more options on how to acquire them. They can be equally hard or time consuming, I don’t care about that. I just wish I could avoid parts of the game I don’t enjoy and still eventually get things I want.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Draknar.5748

I agree with the OP. I am also completely against jump puzzles in dungeons and fractals. They make me literally sick and triggers massive headaches. I remember they said it would be optional content, it doesn’t feel like that anymore.

Well luckily there aren’t any JPs in dungeons or fractals. So you’re good.

mad king clock isn’t a jumping puzzle, it’s a jumping race.
big difference there.

I’d go so far as to say it is a jumping puzzle race. There is one specific spot where people literally don’t know where to go (you have to jump down a ways). IMO that changes it from just a race, to a puzzle because it isn’t so clear as to where you will go.

However, some are claiming that if there’s a jump where if you miss you die, then it is a puzzle.

Like in WvW, if I try to jump down to a lower cliff to save travel time, that is a puzzle by their definition because there’s a chance I could misjudge the distance and die.

Basically they don’t want any content that involves space bars and the potential for dying if they don’t hit space bar at the right time.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I am not a person to do jump puzzles but i wont say i “hate” them. Ok what a dislike about certain puzzles is where you have to do a very precise jump, if miss your dead and have to start all over again. Not really my thing but i can see why people like it etc.

Corpsejumping on the other hand hmmmm. The rage a single spacebar can cause, its insane!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

I don’t sympathize with people who simply don’t like them at all. Jumping is an important skill in this game and everyone can learn how to do it.

I have to admit I find this a pretty strange position for someone who, just 5 days ago, posted (in a different thread):

[SNIP]…We don’t have to play the game at all, but we do it because we want to, and we should be able to have fun doing it. If it’s not fun, or worse—if it’s counter productive (since the best way to get it is to not do what you’re supposed to be doing), it should be changed.

Granted, it was a different topic, but I have to wonder why you think something that isn’t fun for you should be changed, but still have no sympathy for people who don’t find jumping to be fun.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I would like to make Mawdrey. It requires time in Dry Top which is essentially one big jumping puzzle. Not going to happen. The current legendaries ask you to participate in multiple parts of the game. There are plenty of other things that if you want to complete them or get a new skin, you can’t stick to your comfort zones. I just want things to have more options on how to acquire them. They can be equally hard or time consuming, I don’t care about that. I just wish I could avoid parts of the game I don’t enjoy and still eventually get things I want.

But if they create to many options to acquire currently existing gear, all they’re doing is over-saturating the game unnecessary mechanics instead of focusing on introducing new, meaningful gameplay mechanics or fixing other, far more important issues. The only way I could think of resolving the issue you’re bringing up, is to make all items sellable on the TP, including the currently account bound ascended items. That means people who don’t want to acquire the items to get Mawdrey, for example, can simply just buy it from someone else who did.

Still, this, to me, is simply a very arbitrary way of trying to circumvent content when really, players should just be trying to improve their skills so that they can complete that content. I find it highly ironic that you often see posts on the forums about players complaining that the content in this game is too easy or simplified, but then when it comes to the kind of content they find difficult, they have no interest in improving their skills to overcome the challenge. Or they write it off to being unenjoyable, and if that’s the case, then I’d say they’re playing the wrong game.

I do understand that there are some players who can’t do things like JP’s because of physical conditions and such, but even then, there are so many ways to circumvent them it’s a rather moot point. Get a mesmer friend to open a portal and the entire effort of completing a JP suddenly gets reduced to the act of simply pushing one button. It can’t get much easier than that, and if people still can’t be bothered to put that little effort in, then I think we can rule it off to little more than laziness. Hell, even the new JP in silverwastes can be completed with a mesmer helper. Sure they can’t take you to the end in one foul swoop, but they can get you through it milestone by milestone if they wanted to.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Mutant Poodle.6253

Mutant Poodle.6253

oh and what the heck guys, jumping puzzles are used in story line. wake up. Amazes me how people will defend and in a round about way tell others they are wrong. Wake up!

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m not a big fan of JPs, either. They don’t make me sick, but I just have no natural talent for them, so even ones considered moderate feel really hard to me.

I went on a JP jag for a while, mostly just to prove to myself I CAN do some of them, but they were the ones everyone says are easy, anyway, so…

Yeah, not a big fan.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

I have no view on whether JPs should be in the game or not, or counted for anything, but it does seem strange that there is no indication that such things exist for new players.
The odds of you finding one by accident are very low.
Even something like a sign that says there is a jumping puzzle around here somewhere, just so you know they exist.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I like jp’s so I’m gonna start an anti-anti-jumping-puzzles club.

Nah, I’m just kidding. I’m too lazy. Except when it comes to jp’s. I could spend all day on them.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

oh and what the heck guys, jumping puzzles are used in story line. wake up. Amazes me how people will defend and in a round about way tell others they are wrong. Wake up!

Not sure why you felt the need to necro a months-old thread to basically say nothing new.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not sure why you felt the need to necro a months-old thread to basically say nothing new.

I want to know how they even find these threads, much less why they bother to respond to them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Eh? The only jumping that i can think of that counts toward map completion is the remains of the great wall in Diessa Plateau, which has a skill point and vista at the end.

If you mean the different explorer title things. Kryta Explorer, maguuma Explorer, Ascalon explorer, sorry but it should, its gained from exploring and Jumping puzzles are exploration after all

Actually, quite a few of the vistas are mini jumping puzzles as well. If it were not for them I would have gone for most of the map completions (possibly world completion).

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

The original post:

I don’t think jumping puzzles should count toward map completion. There are to many people who get physically sick trying to do jumping puzzles.

A straightforward proposition that leads to herculean efforts to misunderstand and misrepresent it.

Rather fascinating where it goes from there, but nothing that actually refutes the OP, because there’s nothing to refute.

Nothing anyone has posted will change the fact that some players don’t think jumping puzzles should count toward map completion.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

More like the Anti Fun Club, amirite?

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Sign me up.

When you talk to people that like this kind of thing, they mention a feeling of accomplishment. My only feeling of “accomplishment” is in knowing I will never have to do it again! I paid other players to do most of them for me (mesmers) and even then I could not click the skip button quick enough. Places like drytop and the new maps are not enjoyable at all to me. I will do some of the more horizontal meta events due to the new items and gear but in the end I still prefer SW.

Edit: I didn’t realize i was posting to a necro’d thread, but my feeling are the same now as they were at launch!

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

If you think those are bad, wait until you see Real life jumping puzzles. They’re the worst.

Especially these: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9e/26/47/9e2647153bde2a5fe8c74b13ec8c014c.jpg

And these: http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2008/07/18/underground460.jpg

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Count me in! I’m too old to jump!

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

More like the Anti Fun Club, amirite?

Depends on your definition of fun and I think it’s fairly obvious that most people in this thread aren’t characterizing JPs as fun.

So, no.

Anti Jumping Puzzle Club

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I find that people having problems with Jumping Puzzle is because they have input lag. Maybe due to their mouse, old desktop, internet connection, keyboard, memory, multitasking…etc.

1. If you are using an old desktop with an old processor and no graphics card, you will not be able to do the jumping puzzle smoothly. I know because I used to play GW2 on a Core 2 Duo with a Nvidia budget graphic card. And I could not even complete one jumping puzzle, because I would not be able to make the jump when turning or doing a running jump because I would have a slight lag. My internet ping is 250-300 plus, which I learned how to compensate for, but still failed to complete any JP. Then I bought an i7 and a better graphics card, 8GB RAM and a better mouse and keyboard. And the JP suddenly was a joy to complete. In fact, I completed 50% of the JP on the first day of reinstalling GW2 on my new computer. So far, I have completed 99% of all core JPs. The only one I haven’t completed is Mad King’s Tower and Winterday’s JP.

2. Most core JP don’t have a timer on them, so take your time doing it. If you are still on an old desktop, then I suggest using a mesmer to do it. or ask someone to portal you up. If you need any help, I would be glad to portal you up without asking for a fee like others usually do.

……..

Other JP don’t have mobs that knock you out from the platforms (Only applicable for FOTM 10 and above).