Anyone else simply bored?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Taking a break as of today, can’t even motivate myself to log for dailies – the time gating (especially for ascended rings etc) and ascended in general being untradable killed off the fun elements of the game for me and turned it into alt hell…20+ days of logging in every day just to be able to craft one ring,,I HAD 18 lvl 80’s in exotics, deleted 10 of them as I realised I would never be able to kit them out, then ascended armors come in.

Considering I have 4 builds just for one of my toons I’ve yet to kit him out with a full set of ascended armor, he’s still missing all ascended trinkets and the only way I’d just trinkets is through laurels, which is just stupid when they make the trinkets untradable.

The runs I have tried in fractals always break down after 2 or 3 out of the total needed to advance a level or secure decent loot, and jump puzzles have never been my thing.

Maybe when they realise what a balls up they have made and make the kitten stuff tradable they might get some players back.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Taking a break as of today, can’t even motivate myself to log for dailies – the time gating (especially for ascended rings etc) and ascended in general being untradable killed off the fun elements of the game for me and turned it into alt hell…20+ days of logging in every day just to be able to craft one ring,,I HAD 18 lvl 80’s in exotics, deleted 10 of them as I realised I would never be able to kit them out, then ascended armors come in.

Considering I have 4 builds just for one of my toons I’ve yet to kit him out with a full set of ascended armor, he’s still missing all ascended trinkets and the only way I’d just trinkets is through laurels, which is just stupid when they make the trinkets untradable.

The runs I have tried in fractals always break down after 2 or 3 out of the total needed to advance a level or secure decent loot, and jump puzzles have never been my thing.

Maybe when they realise what a balls up they have made and make the kitten stuff tradable they might get some players back.

B-B-B-But you don’t need ascended gear! You can do all of the available content in exotics!

Unless of course you like WvW. Then enjoy getting stomped by ascended players who have a 10%+ damage advantage over you. But hey, you can still do WvW in exotics! Nothing is stopping you!

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Wvw was pretty much what I enjoyed in gw2..most of the rest of the content can be done in greens…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: homedog.8076

homedog.8076

GW2 has been the biggest disappointment to me as a game. I played Everquest for 10 years straight without getting bored, and still play it off and on. I played GW for up until GW2 came out. So many things I loved about GW. Then GW2 with all it’s promise and polish I played the beta and was not happy. Then the release came and after a month I was ready to move on to another game. Here in lies the rub, GW2 is redundant and repetitive, and one huge grind not to mention YOU CAN NOT PLAY THE WAY YOU WANT TO! But Guild Wars 2 also ruined every other game out there for me due to the fact that the one thing they did right is the MOVEMENT. Best movement of any MMORPG out there! It’s a shame they messed everything up that they had right in GW.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Oh wake-up call for this thread. o-O
Guess I still am bored, cause I struggle to log in.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I’m not at all bored. I’ve been playing for a little over a year, typically for a few hours at night after work and more when I have free weekends. I try and do a variety of things; materials gathering, temples, world bosses, living story achievements, and leveling my alts. I try and set a new goal for myself every so often and slowly work towards it.

A goal for me might be something like getting the Halo from the LA event, leveling up another crafting profession, finishing my ascended armor, building up a certain amount of wealth and materials, something simple like doing the daily, or something more involved like learning how to command effectively in WvW.

I still have a lot to learn about dungeons because I don’t do them too frequently but would like to, and I have multiple alts that I’m interested in leveling up to 80. When I do level them I’ll do so normally through PvE because its a beautiful world and I look forward to exploring it again.

So no, I’m not bored at all. There are still a number of things I would like to do eventually, but one thing at a time.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

The reason why so many are bored is simply because in the end – this game offers nothing but a very large grind.

Some examples: Grind for legendary mats, grind for ascended mats, grind for AP, grind LS for AP/completion. The list can go on and on.

But, The above isn’t that much different then most other games and the grind itself isn’t the issue. Many other games offer grinds , but the grinds in GW2 feel VERY unrewarding.

Since release GW2 has always had a problem with it’s risk/time investment vs reward system.

So, In the end when all you have are grinds with little reason / desire to do them and the carrot on the stick is more like an illusion then a carrot – You can see why people are bored.

The DR system for loot/mats in this game needs to go. Also, the drop chances need to stop being so absurdly low for many items. I mean I will say it again the guy who killed teq 80 times and opened 80 bags got nothing but blue and greens. That to me is ridiculous. The hardest boss in game at the time and he received nothing for his time investment learning and killing him.

The loot system in this game overall needs a complete overhaul. No, I do not want loot to fall from the sky – but I don’t want it to seem like an impossibility to get either.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

The boredom is periodic for me. Won’t bother adding any of my gripes to the thread since many others have expressed them far better than I could, but essentially every now and again I straight up run out of things I feel like doing, stop playing for a few days and come back.

When I do come back it’s always worth it though, and it helps if you find ways to entertain yourself rather than waiting on Anet to give us things to do. Just this weekend I spent about 150g and 1000 gems re-working my gear and builds. Switched from Staff Ele → Scepter/Dagger and changed my terribad AH Guard to proper DPS/Support. Pretty much all my toons are running the meta builds for dungeons and it’s making a phenomenal difference in my gameplay. Also did a bunch of crafting, transmuting and re-skinning (I now have the sexiest Thief in all Tyria, lol). This’ll keep me entertained for a while, sometimes it’s the little things that count.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

The boredom is periodic for me. Won’t bother adding any of my gripes to the thread since many others have expressed them far better than I could, but essentially every now and again I straight up run out of things I feel like doing, stop playing for a few days and come back.

When I do come back it’s always worth it though, and it helps if you find ways to entertain yourself rather than waiting on Anet to give us things to do. Just this weekend I spent about 150g and 1000 gems re-working my gear and builds. Switched from Staff Ele -> Scepter/Dagger and changed my terribad AH Guard to proper DPS/Support. Pretty much all my toons are running the meta builds for dungeons and it’s making a phenomenal difference in my gameplay. Also did a bunch of crafting, transmuting and re-skinning (I now have the sexiest Thief in all Tyria, lol). This’ll keep me entertained for a while, sometimes it’s the little things that count.

And there we have it.

This alone should scream there is an issue.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Haha, touche. I should hasten to add that I’ve never spent a dime in the gem store. Apart from a few silver for trait resets, the gold and gems were for purely cosmetic reasons because I enjoy that sort of thing.

All of the gear was either crafted or bought with dungeon tokens. I see your point though.

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I remember the days i would run Urgoz (before hardmode) all day every day with a fixed team simply because you had a good chance to get an item dropped that would make it worth the effort.. and 4 out of 10 runs would get you one of those items..

This alone kept me busy for a good while.. One higher end dungeon that was challenging and rewarding..

Same goes for FA and JQ well put together pvp maps with good balance and fun builds and rewards to go with them..

Also a tip for people who get tired of their current armor sets.. Total makeover kit > change your gender and thus change all your armor, character emotes and.. can keep you entertained for a bit..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Yes the game is boring updates are predictable. Gem shop skins which require black lion keys, gem shop armor then the actual content is usual zerg around while doing achievements. Went into the Lions arch siege was just big blobs of zergs and everyone typing in all caps STACK logged out immediately.

Posted by: Paffus Piffus.9430

Paffus Piffus.9430

Far from bored, this game doesn’t cease to amaze me. I always find something interesting to do, see, or get involved in, and every spare bit of time I have for gaming goes into this gem of a game

Posted by: Melanu.7425

Melanu.7425

I’ve played for a little while, hit lvl 30 on an engineer, got to a new area and realized that I was doing it all over again. Logged in a month later, got two alts to lvl 10 to try them out, still boring, still over hyped, still feels broken or incomplete in my opinion.

Thanks but no thanks, all I got from this is the feeling that I want my money back…

Posted by: Dolphin.2574

Dolphin.2574

Holy Necrotic post alert!

You summoned a year and a half old post for THAT? Wow.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Fortunately, Thread Necromancy has a VERY long cool down.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.