Are you excited for the Feature Pack?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Huzzah… all I have to say

“Dungeoneer” Collect all the ascended accessories from each dungeon

Looks like they are introducing some of the missing stat combos for ascended trinkets…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You have no idea how HYPE i am for a universal distribution platform patch!

Maybe the next time we have a feature patch it can contain features that make the game better…..

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Very excited! About to pee myself in fact. Keep opening launcher to check if it’s out, can watch it download while I work. %)
I watched the WoodenPotatoes preview yesterday and I can’t wait. Collections, wee! Going to roll a lvl 1 warrior, because, despite all the 80s I got, none of them is a warrior. I finally shall give in to the warrior trend. Will level him up 1 to 80, check out the levelling changes, while doing collections. Going to be grand.

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

no.

game will still be boring.

just with more fancy buttons and ui

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

There are aspects I am looking forward to, and I’m willing to adopt a “wait and see” stance toward the rest.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Nope—simple as that!

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I am excited for several things with this patch and I am going to immerse myself in a brand new alt that I am going to loot all the things and complete all the maps and do stuff I haven’t done since I first started.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Not in the least.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’m not against it, but no… quite a handful of fixes the game needed, some nerfs here and there, and more stagnant gemstore-focused stuff. #IMO

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

You have no idea how HYPE i am for a universal distribution platform patch!

absolutely this

I can’t find a single reason to be hyped about this patch. Its just a merge with the chinese client which in many players opinions it is actually worst.

I can only asume that it seems to be easier to update the chinese client than the NA client so we got theirs. Any argument about if the changes are good or bad its irrelevant because it was never something to be fixed, we are just getting what they got for other reasons, not balancing, fixing, updating, etc… its just a client merge and deal with it.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: earvinarp.6347

earvinarp.6347

As a guild officer, whose guild has moved across servers, I am curious to see what happens with that, the merits, upgrades and such. Other than that, the update is basically an interface revamp, which is nice, but not game changing.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I am not. Mainly because the ranger previews two months ago got me overhyped, that when we got to the necro changes, they were utterly dissapointing to me and I’m honestly thinking of quitting this game.p

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

How long before it’s released? It’s 1:45 In New York and no patch… just wondering when it’s gonna drop.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

How long before it’s released? It’s 1:45 In New York and no patch… just wondering when it’s gonna drop.

Probably another hour or so.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They JUST posted in game in a yellow message:

“We will bring the servers down for maintenance in 1 hour. Estimated downtime will be 15 minutes. Thank you for your patience.”

I am confused as I’ve never seen a patch referred to as “maintenance,” rather they are “new builds.”

Posted by: earvinarp.6347

earvinarp.6347

So, basically, seems safe to say that the release may be up by 3:30pm EST.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They JUST posted in game in a yellow message:

“We will bring the servers down for maintenance in 1 hour. Estimated downtime will be 15 minutes. Thank you for your patience.”

I am confused as I’ve never seen a patch referred to as “maintenance,” rather they are “new builds.”

Well, they are doing some maintenance with this patch if I recall. Some optimization stuff.

Not that time for that would matter for me anyway. It’ll take me more than 15 min to download the patch. Stupid ATT and their crappy internet.

Valento.9852

15 minutes duration for a maintenance, eh? Pretty nice compared to the majority of other MMOs.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Blude.6812

All based on PST times. Always has and always will be. You might not get it until later tonight in your zone( or any time now). It’s already Wed in some time zones and they have to wait until the business day starts on the west coast.

Blude.6812

So, basically, seems safe to say that the release may be up by 3:30pm EST.

No safer to say sometime today, base on PST and no other problems.

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

Can’t wait for the Mesmer ileap tweak and Thief nerf, holy kitten it’s gonna be good. Oh wait you mean, regarding PVE? Who the hell cares, wrong game dudes.

Valento.9852

I won’t be able to log in before tonight when I get home from work, so whatever. =P

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Yes, feature packs have become my most looked forward to updates because they address and improve the base game functionality and streamline features, or add new ones.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Looks like they are introducing some of the missing stat combos for ascended trinkets…

Those were a cool additional thing coming, from teh WP video, but like he says, what happens if you delete it? Or want more than one? Hopefully we’re going to get something else soon to let us get more of them.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Those were a cool additional thing coming, from teh WP video, but like he says, what happens if you delete it? Or want more than one? Hopefully we’re going to get something else soon to let us get more of them.

Well, I didn’t say he didn’t ask good questions. It’s still nice to know that some of the other stats like sin and carrion will now be available via the ascended trinkets…in a round about way.

I am still hoping that 500 jewelcrafting will bring with it the ability to craft these things. To help broaden the acquisition methods of ascended items in general.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

The one part I was most excited for (collections) turned out to be kinda laughable. The rewards are so insanely pathetic. I can’t believe how stingy they’re being with actually rewarding new, good, skins. It’s insane how rarely they are willing to make IN GAME skins, when that’s their main reward goals.

1 backpack for making EVERY Spirit Skin? are you kidding me? It doesn’t even match the weapons.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I was excited for the collections part of the patch, but the rewards are underwhelming and the TP power users have made every single collection out of reach for me. So now i’m not sure if I will even bother checking out this patch.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The one part I was most excited for (collections) turned out to be kinda laughable. The rewards are so insanely pathetic. I can’t believe how stingy they’re being with actually rewarding new, good, skins. It’s insane how rarely they are willing to make IN GAME skins, when that’s their main reward goals.

1 backpack for making EVERY Spirit Skin? are you kidding me? It doesn’t even match the weapons.

Yet/But they got no problems making 16 different weapons skins (usually with particle effects) pretty quickly for the gemstore. -_-

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Yet/But they got no problems making 16 different weapons skins (usually with particle effects) pretty quickly for the gemstore. -_-

Yeah, that’s what kittenes me off. One of the few issues I have with their monetization is that they have moved rewards to the Gem Store. To me that is bad on 2 levels: paying $100s of dollars to get the new skins & removing effort from in-game rewards making gameplay unrewarding.