forum bug

/15 charrs

Awful Female Human Heavy Armor Art Design

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

ppl who want sexualized armors are playing the wrong game
there are tons of Korean, Japanese MMO offer that
and i like GW2 heavy armor set, it doesnt make sense a heavy armor showing so much skin and provide huge defence

Who said sexy can’t be practical?

Carapce chest piece is one of my favorites, full coverage AND sexualized because it fits like a corset. Kurzick was another of my favorites in GW1 (butt floss and all) because it was also practically full coverage and WAS full coverage if you went with Kurzick elite.

GW2 has skirts, skirts and more skirts. Some of them do make you character even look like a can of metal (Forgeman and Fire Legion anyone?).

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Covered and sexy are not mutually exclusive, kentaine. For example: The Aetherblade armor set is indeed covered, but the pants are skin tight and the chest accentuates the breasts very much. Many of the “covered” armor chests have an accentuated bust and waistline, which makes them look quite sexy (especially when mixed with other sexier choices).

Honestly, I’m happy with most of the armor choice (not including the medium armor selection). I think there are definitely plenty of sexy options (and skimpy options) in the game. I wouldn’t care if they added more armor options, though. But there is a good variety already.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

We can have both practical/realistic armor AND skimpy stuff. There is no reason to not have both. And before someone mentions immersion I’ll point out the bunny ears, quaggan back packs, bear hats and bows that shoot rainbow unicorns.

Kentaine.4692

Covered and sexy are not mutually exclusive, kentaine. For example: The Aetherblade armor set is indeed covered, but the pants are skin tight and the chest accentuates the breasts very much. Many of the “covered” armor chests have an accentuated bust and waistline, which makes them look quite sexy (especially when mixed with other sexier choices).

Honestly, I’m happy with most of the armor choice (not including the medium armor selection). I think there are definitely plenty of sexy options (and skimpy options) in the game. I wouldn’t care if they added more armor options, though. But there is a good variety already.

I’m overall happy with them too (especially since I mix/match), just tired of the people who argue skimpy is the only way to be sexy, or sexy can’t be ‘practical’ or that GW2 has too many skimpy sets. I wouldn’t be against adding more of all varieties (skimpy, sexy, ‘practical’, tin can) either.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Personally, I prefer more covering for heavy armor because it’s less cheesy and more realistic.

That really doesn’t make much sense to me, more realistic when the game is a fantasy game and has magic as part of its content.

Being fantasy and having magic means you don’t need to walk around in a suit of armour that’s made like a tank.

Posted by: Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Culpa.5012

I spent an hour or so this morning compiling a new look for my warrior who has been running around in Primeval Armor since launch. I am really happy with the result, because I was looking for something feminine/sexy yet ‘practical’. Mix and match has so much potential I actually dropped 1600 gems just for two pieces of this combo.

Attachments:

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Please stop perpetuating the myth that GW2 heavy armors are skimpy. The reason you think they are is because the skimpy armors are preferred so you’re really seeing the same ones over and over again. Asking for variety should not be so opposed.

This.

A vast majority of the heavy armors are not skimpy and the ones that are sort of skimpy really aren’t. They could add 5 skimpy sets tomorrow and ‘skimpy’ would still be the minority of heavy armors.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I spent an hour or so this morning compiling a new look for my warrior who has been running around in Primeval Armor since launch. I am really happy with the result, because I was looking for something feminine/sexy yet ‘practical’. Mix and match has so much potential I actually dropped 1600 gems just for two pieces of this combo.

The mix of that chest and pants is also one of my favorites at the moment

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

RoseofGilead.8907

Ditto.

Attachments:

Kentaine.4692

Likewise.

I just really wish there were more options for pants (perhaps some with upper thigh plates on them).

Attachments:

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Asking for variety should not be so opposed.

Male-oriented armor needs to be at least 30% egregious codpieces. This is important.

For variety.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Most of it makes my guardian’s butt look too big. It’s a serious problem.

Weird, I always thought the opposite.

Moving along!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Asking for variety should not be so opposed.

Male-oriented armor needs to be at least 30% egregious codpieces. This is important.

For variety.

Hey, if that’s what people want then put it in. Male armor needs more skimpy. lol.

Bring on the skimpy male armor.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, I’m a guy that’s rolled 8/8 female characters, because the males and their armor looked too plain.

At this point I’d settle for anything more outrageous, if not for the lulz. Bring on the Stallone look!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I vote for a revamp of the male Grasping Dead armor for this purpose. Make it look like a soccer player protecting his crown jewels during a penalty kick, and then the set will at least look consistent between genders :>

Also, I’m just going to leave this here…

Attachments:

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

people who think gw2 armours are skimpy have honestly not played any asian mmo in their lives.

playing gw2 feels like i’m playing a game inspired by victorian standards compared to when I boot up tera where basically everything is a platform to show off curvy women.

i mean compare … this http://tera-online.cc/uploads/gallery/main/52/castanic_f_h20.jpg

to… this http://argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/barbarici_2_1_10_0.png

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

(edited by maha.7902)

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I want gender equality as well. I need Tera Castic male outfits, as a quick google search has revealed unto me =P
Then male and females will be about equal, if you add tera level female skimp, I’ll expect to see male go with it

True Manly Warrior

^ This captures the manliness and, with the right dyes, the fabulous-ness my characters, as portrayals of myself, deserve.

(Silliness aside, the fact that the male and female sets can look completely different is just annoying to me)

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

We need a much larger variety of armor. We need skimpy female armor AND skimpy male armor. We need good sensible armors for those who want for realism, and we also need fantastic yet covering armors for those who don’t want realism but don’t want skimpy either.

Everyone should be able to find a few armors that fit there tastes. I for one prefer my girls to show a lot of skin, but I know that not everyone enjoys that.

Red Queen.7915

I want gender equality as well. I need Tera Castic male outfits, as a quick google search has revealed unto me =P
Then male and females will be about equal, if you add tera level female skimp, I’ll expect to see male go with it

True Manly Warrior

^ This captures the manliness and, with the right dyes, the fabulous-ness my characters, as portrayals of myself, deserve.

(Silliness aside, the fact that the male and female sets can look completely different is just annoying to me)

(Bolding mine)

This is super jarring to see, especially when you first see the set on a male char, then run to the merchant because it looks so cool, and bam! weird design that seems to be missing random pieces (looking at you, order armour sets). Happens the other way around sometimes, too (one example would be the Sneakthief armour, where the female version is “skimpy”, but also way cooler), but most often, it’s the female design that’s weird and/or bordering on lingerie.

If the design of one set is consistent, no matter who is wearing the set and whether it’s skimpy or a walking tin can, I’ll guarantee you there will be less complaints from all sides.
And more variety and choice is always good. Let’s hope for some cool designs when HoT launches :>

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Ringsound.7806

Ringsound.7806

ppl who want sexualized armors are playing the wrong game
there are tons of Korean, Japanese MMO offer that
and i like GW2 heavy armor set, it doesnt make sense a heavy armor showing so much skin and provide huge defence

Who said sexy can’t be practical?

Carapce chest piece is one of my favorites, full coverage AND sexualized because it fits like a corset. Kurzick was another of my favorites in GW1 (butt floss and all) because it was also practically full coverage and WAS full coverage if you went with Kurzick elite.

GW2 has skirts, skirts and more skirts. Some of them do make you character even look like a can of metal (Forgeman and Fire Legion anyone?).

i dont feel carapce sexualized….
i was referring to those Korean game at the edge of ecchi design
i m fine with skirt, although i do hope the heavy armor on female can show more the bodyline
heavy armor could be attractive/sexy even without showing too much skin

Posted by: Vileste.7148

Vileste.7148

Hm… I think my warrior has quite sexualized armor right now. Ok, it’s a shop armor-skin, but you don’t need to farm an eternity to get the gems.

Human femals can wear this skin too. But if this is still too Ironman for you, you might want to play a norn warrior/guardian instead for 2 more feminine armors:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Norn_cultural_armor/Heavy
(look at the two below, the first armor is not sexy :D)

Attachments:

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

That’s armor?

How is that even considered ‘heavy’ or plate armor? Reminds me more of bedroom clothing or cloth then plate armor.

Those are all cloth sets actually.

(edited by stof.9341)

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Hm… I think my warrior has quite sexualized armor right now. Ok, it’s a shop armor-skin, but you don’t need to farm an eternity to get the gems.

That armor is one that drives me so freaking insane.

The male version looks (for the most part), AWESOME. But the female version is so drastically different (the two don’t even look like the same armor set). I won’t buy it (until I get a male heavy armor user perhaps) for that reason.

Now if the female version looked very, very similar to the male (aka full plate, not random bits missing and or sexy parts), I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

RoseofGilead.8907

Darn hooker boots . . .

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

That armor is one that drives me so freaking insane.

The male version looks (for the most part), AWESOME. But the female version is so drastically different (the two don’t even look like the same armor set). I won’t buy it (until I get a male heavy armor user perhaps) for that reason.

Now if the female version looked very, very similar to the male (aka full plate, not random bits missing and or sexy parts), I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

But…it looks so good ;_;

Posted by: Tashigi.3159

Tashigi.3159

This is an incredibly subjective topic.
I personally really liked the “heavy” armor types in GW2. Particularly those for Norn and Humans.
Here’s an attachment with all my classes. Two of them are “heavy” armor wearers.

Attachments:

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

If you don’t like the armor and you think your character feels like an out of place freak, just wear all black so no one knows or cares what they are wearing anyways.
(This is not a response to the post above me.)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Likewise.

I just really wish there were more options for pants (perhaps some with upper thigh plates on them).

Oh yeah .. medium has a lot of pants but the trenchcoat problem while heavy
and light have all those skirts at the leg armor

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Nyx.7342

I personally really liked the “heavy” armor types in GW2. Particularly those for Norn and Humans.
Here’s an attachment with all my classes. Two of them are “heavy” armor wearers.

U have some nice looking chars, mind if i ask what armor you’re using on your sylvari?

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Yeah, most of it is pretty bad.

I prefer the stuff in ESO, for example.

In that, you can even mix different weight armours and they still look pretty harmonious.

Then they also have the “disguise” (outfit) things you can just sling over the top, if you prefer (not sure if they’re still free – I only played for a while, when it was a sub game).

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Tashigi.3159

Tashigi.3159

U have some nice looking chars, mind if i ask what armor you’re using on your sylvari?

It’s a mix of Inquest gear (Skirt) and the Phoenix set (Gem Store).
The blinders are a rare skin, you can find them on the Trade Post easily.
The shoulder piece is the Shoulder Scarf (Gem Store).

The Dyes are what will kill you (Price wise) funny enough.
I am sure you’ll figure it out from there. Just keep in mind I use Gemfx and my colors may not look the same in your game.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Everything is relative. I remember getting a Bear Shaman to max level in AoC, reviewing my armor look choices and finding I had a choice of the brown sack or the gray sack.

I’ve got an 80 Guard and Warrior in GW2. I’ve been able to find palatable (to me) looks for both. I’m not sure, however, what I will do when/if I roll a Rev. Still, I’d have to say I find heavy for females to be better than either Light or Medium. For Medium, my problem is the ubiquitous coat, and Light it’s the dearth of pants … just pants.

For me, GW was a much better game for armor choices. I have several characters who have multiple looks, and could easily find more looks that would fit my eye. GW2, despite the large number of options, I struggle to find something that appeals.

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

There’s people on both sides of the spectrum; some of us want realistic armor, some of us want skimpy fantasy armor.

For me, personally, I just wish there were more pants that weren’t skirts. The amount of people in this thread wearing Aetherblade pants is proof enough that I’m not alone.

I’d also like to see some more cool revealing sets, like the Gladiator and Barbaric sets, for two reasons. One, I like playing a kitten warrior girl in a plate bikini… and Two, I think “lighter” plate armor suits the more arid “hot weather” zones in the game. I think wearing Gladiator style while running around in SW adds immersion to the game for me.

It’s not just men who want skimpier armor sets, too. My girlfriend plays, and she complains that there aren’t enough revealing options. One of the main parts of MMO’s that she likes is making a sexy fantasy character that she can play as, and outfitting them in all sorts of cool outfits she could never wear in real life. Same reason some guys roll giant, ripped male norns. Play as Conan the Barbarian.

Anyway, pls no more skirts anet

Nyx.7342

It’s a mix of Inquest gear (Skirt) and the Phoenix set (Gem Store).
The blinders are a rare skin, you can find them on the Trade Post easily.
The shoulder piece is the Shoulder Scarf (Gem Store).

The Dyes are what will kill you (Price wise) funny enough.
I am sure you’ll figure it out from there. Just keep in mind I use Gemfx and my colors may not look the same in your game.

Ah i see no wonder it looked so vibrant! Well thanks its a really nice combination

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

let us not forget one of the best looking human armour sets in game ever made !

Attachments:

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

For heavy armor, i can see the reason players asking for more pant (no skirt or butt cape), i don’t oppose that, and i even desire we got more pant options for both male and female. Slim pant, shorts or even hot pant… yes i mean we need more vigil medium legging or Atherblade heavy legging for all weight class.

But I don’t agree that GW2 armors are overall too skimpy (include medium and light armor), there are actually quite enough choices and easier to mix and match non skimpy and practical outfit than skimpy style (Afterall there are at least 70% of armor are non skimpy comparing to skimpy one). I don’t oppose exposed male armor too if that’s what some players are asking.

Anyway, more OPTIONS are welcome.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

My female human guardian looks awesome.

Attachments:

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Yep. I have ZERO issues with how my armor looks.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

The current game has a good variety of styles and I really like that. Try mix and match different sets, and you may find what you are originally missing.

In addition, medium skins aren’t just about trench coat.
1. DC Heroes style
2. Victorian equestrian style
3. Random fantasy style

Attachments:

Posted by: GeneralFreedom.2540

GeneralFreedom.2540

I personally think female heavy has some of the best looks in the game.

I’m cool with there being both skimpy and practical options but… man, some of the sexy armor is just lazy. Like the Order armors just having cutouts at the sides or chest. That’s lazy and it’s bad design. If you want sexualized ‘armor’, go light. It has plenty of stripper costumes and club wear. I really wish that more of the light female pieces looked like the male light pieces…

Not to derail this topic too much, but Rift had the worst ‘sexy’ female armor of any game I’ve ever played. I’d say 80% of the female armor in the game looked like garbage because it apparently had to be sexier than the male armors, including helmets that had full cover on men, but exposed the face on women (just a personal thing that drove me nuts). I’m extremely thankful GW2 isn’t like that.

Attachments:

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

My female Charr guardian seems to always have pauldrons designed for male characters. The usual tell-tales between males and females do not exist as much with the Charr but every heavy pauldron skin I have seen has been so overly large I can only imagine what the equivalent on other races would look like.

I am guessing anet uses a mesh that will correspond to things like height. Why not be more fitted to the character shape?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Why is it that all of it looks terrible. All of it, 100% of it.

Well that’s just like, you know, your opinion man.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

Overall pretty happy with heavy armor variety. My only real issue is jiggle physics on boobplate… There’s just something wrong with that. Metal… Doesn’t move that way.

Red Queen.7915

Okay, I noticed the jiggle physics on cloth and leather, but… the heavy classes, too? oO
Now I need to make a well-endowed norn lady warrior and check this. For science. And also for facepalming sh*ts and giggles.

That happens when you practically glue your armour to the model’s skeleton. Weird stuff happens, and suddenly – bouncing boobies everywhere!
No sports bras in Tyria, apparently. But typical. When you don’t make an asura do it, it doesn’t get done at all. And since they don’t need this kind of thing, people with boobs everywhere keep suffering quietly. Silly bookahs.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Seems fine to me

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What armor is the middle one, Windu?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

What armor is the middle one, Windu?

Phalanx armor with Human T3 shoulders and gloves.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

For an online game this one has pretty decent options.
Some skimpy stuff, some not skimpy stuff.

My complaint has usually been that the non-skimpy stuff (regardless of class) is generally uninspired and badly lacking in detail.
As an example, the T3 human female cultural that has always been so popular.
It’s skimpy sure, but it’s also very intricate.
In comparison many of the other light sets look like someone draped in their mother’s curtains. They are plain, and lacking in detail/intricacy.

Lets be honest, were it an option plenty of people would be running around nude (anatomically correctly so if possible), because some people are just like that.
It’s “how naked can I make my character?”

That said I don’t have a problem with them adding more to both sides, I’d just like them to be better options.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Chainmail Bikini Syndrome has been a plague on the fantasy community for so many years that it isn’t going away anytime soon. Love it or hate it it’s just the way it is. GW2 isn’t nearly as bad as most games in the genre. I would love to see more FULL coverage female heavy armors though, and fewer(none) exposed skin death traps, but I can accept that lots of people don’t agree.

Attachments:

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger