Basic Ore Node Pack - Info

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I have not yet tried all the different home instances. But the Hoelbrak home instance for the nods is awful. Yes the candy corn and quartz are right there when you go into the instance but the three new nods are on the complete opposite side of the area. You have to run this giant horse shoe just to get to them. When you are paying 800 gems for something it should be convenient. Makes me wish that I didn’t get this item.

Could others help me out and compare where their nods are in their instances. I would really appreciate it. I think these nods should be moved next to the others.

There is no real easy way to go through the middle of the map. You can either take the steps or go around the horse shoe.

So basically buyer beware!

Attachments:

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

(edited by Excursion.9752)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m not approving of their placement, but you can mine the nodes in any of the home city instances, you don’t have to use the Hoelbrak one. If one of the other cities has better placement (don’t know, as haven’t bought it yet and still deciding whether or not to), you can always go there to mine all the nodes.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

unless said nodes have a respawn rate of 5-10 minutes they are pretty much a rip off

like you ll literally find like 12 of each nodes by simply goin to wvw and running to a wvw tower from wherever you spawn

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

They can’t keep grouping everything into one big pile if they want to keep adding things like this to the home instance. So, they have to start spreading them out. Makes sense to me.

In Salma, they’re not too far away from the candy corn and quartz, just a short run to where you can look out the fence onto the street of the main city. With five nodes in my home area now, I can do most of my daily gathering requirement right there. Useful, given that I don’t always have much time to do my dailies. The new nodes appear to give the standard chance for matching gems, too.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Wow, I didn’t realize this even existed. A copper, silver and gold mining node usable once a day? What a ripoff! Heck, even if there was an Orichalcum node it wouldn’t be worth 800 gems.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Wow, I didn’t realize this even existed. A copper, silver and gold mining node usable once a day? What a ripoff! Heck, even if there was an Orichalcum node it wouldn’t be worth 800 gems.

Some of us (myself included, obviously) will buy this not because of the money value, but because we simply like things like this. For us, it’s worth it for other reasons.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Some of us (myself included, obviously) will buy this not because of the money value, but because we simply like things like this. For us, it’s worth it for other reasons.

Fair enough. It’s not worth it from an economic point of view but as something cosmetic it’s certainly just as valuable as say, a new armor skin.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I agree that this item seems very little for the 800 gem price, I mean if you REALLY need these ores it’s not hard to go to any map that features them and spend 10 mins finding one of each rock. I really don’t see any other reason, of course the market will drop some small amount with people buying them for that reason….which is just plain silly again considering on average you will only get 3 of each ore per day.

Like Henri Blanche.8276 said even if this featured Ori/Ancient wood I wouldn’t consider it a value buy. But like you say if you like to buy gems JUST to help support the game I can understand that but surely even some silly cosmetic town clothing or fun item would seem like a better buy to me.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Buyer also beware that you’re paying 40+ gold worth of gems for some of the cheapest metals in the game, which will likely decrease in value quickly.

Ask yourself: Would you be better off with 40+ gold or several nodes that you have to visit on a daily basis which may not provide you with 40+ gold worth of materials.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t get this one either. It takes very little time to find a node of each three in the open world. The crystal and candy node I can see because they not available in the open world.

I usually buy every convenience item but this one isn’t for me because I can accomplish the same thing in a matter of minutes outside my home instance. I will usually find more than one node in close proximity when I am doing so. I suppose this is maybe some step into trying to create some sort of ‘player housing’. It isn’t for me.

The Burninator

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I bought some. Only because i want to have a ‘pimped’ out home instance in a few years. I do agree that’s overpriced however.

In the human home, they’re placed maybe 50 yards away from the quartz/candy corn. On a sidewalk….. really? A sidewalk.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

JustTrogdor.7892

I bought some. Only because i want to have a ‘pimped’ out home instance in a few years.

So your idea is a pimped out home instance is a place where you have to go out of your way to mine 3 nodes once a day?

The Burninator

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I bought some. Only because i want to have a ‘pimped’ out home instance in a few years.

So your idea is a pimped out home instance is a place where you have to go out of your way to mine 3 nodes once a day?

The home instance has 5 mine-able nodes and a skill point, all of which has been added less than a year. In a couple years, there could a great deal that’s added to your home instance.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

JustTrogdor.7892

In a couple years, there could a great deal that’s added to your home instance.

In a couple of years…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. ………………………………. ………………………………………… …………………………

The Burninator

Posted by: Laserhog.5049

Laserhog.5049

Howdy all!

So, this was thrown onto the gem store recently, and me being the person I am, wanting to fill up my home instance, bought this.

Honestly the biggest waste of gems ever. There is no benefit to having this in your home instance. With the Quartz and Candy-corn this was a great idea because these were limited access materials, and giving people an opportunity to keep obtaining them through your home instance not only keeps them in the market but also gives some reason to the home instance.

Now, onto why this new addition is a massive waste.
1) The ore nodes are once per account per day
2) They are just basic nodes, only 3 hits
3) It’s only 3 ore nodes (Copper, silver, gold. Primarily used in Jewel crafting)

800 gems for 9 ore each day (if I can even bother going to my home instance). I would honestly rather go running around zones all day mining the nodes than use this convenience item.

Ok, now how about some suggestions for how I think they might be improved.
1) Make them rich nodes (or even better, make a tier above rich, that gives 16-20 hits and a chance for between 1-3 per hit)
2) Include ALL the ore nodes (possibly not including orichalcum)

I think these two suggestions would go a long way to making this item worth the 800 gem price, and might even prompt more people to buy it.

And feedback, opinions, and other suggestions are welcomed!

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

If they made them rich nodes, I’d buy it with REAL money! Maybe.

Nah.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I like the idea of making them Rich Veins.

I already bought them, because as someone above said, I like the idea of decking out my home instance. Plus, I have a feeling that ANet is laying the groundwork for r500 Jeweler, when Silver and Gold Ore will be needed in large amounts. (Not sure about Copper though…) I do think that making them Rich Veins would be more appropriate for their cost in gems, however.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Why would we need lvl 500 jewelers, though? We already have several ways to get ascended jewels.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

There’s only one way I know of to get amulets and that’s from laurels. I’d probably go for the 500 jeweller myself.

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

If anyone is wondering, the nodes in the Asura home instance are placed quite close together and are quite convenient. So I recommend using this instance in the future.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

We’re definitely not there (yet). But this is getting dangerously close to pay-to-win territory.

Posted by: miriya.8496

miriya.8496

Lol, yes. Spending thirty seconds on something that might take you what? Five minutes and a few more button presses? In open world is definitely edging ‘you win GW2’ territory.

If people had to compete for open-world nodes like some other mmos, I’d be a little more inclined to agree. Seriously, this is ridiculously superfluff convenience; three or four ores per node per day aren’t going to do much at all except please a few instance-filler/completionist types and set the screamers screaming about how it’s not worth it/too op/not what they wanted/the end of gw2 etc.

Hish Tulla | 80 Necro | [STYX]

JustTrogdor.7892

We’re definitely not there (yet). But this is getting dangerously close to pay-to-win territory.

Yes because mining those few ores per day will make you totally rock WvW, PvP and keep you alive in dungeons and fractals. LOL

The Burninator

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

They are fairly well placed in the sylvari home instance imo.
I know they are not really worth all that much and I may have wasted my gems, but it is alright.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Paulytnz.7619

I guess making them Rich ores would be a step in the right direction, but even then…..I mean even if you are a jeweller (like my ranger is) it’s not very long you use Silver/Gold anyways. Maybe a Quartz node would have been a better option?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I have not yet tried all the different home instances. But the Hoelbrak home instance for the nods is awful. Yes the candy corn and quartz are right there when you go into the instance but the three new nods are on the complete opposite side of the area. You have to run this giant horse shoe just to get to them. When you are paying 800 gems for something it should be convenient. Makes me wish that I didn’t get this item.

Could others help me out and compare where their nods are in their instances. I would really appreciate it. I think these nods should be moved next to the others.

There is no real easy way to go through the middle of the map. You can either take the steps or go around the horse shoe.

So basically buyer beware!

I’m more interested in how you correctly spelled “node” in the title, yet, you managed to spell it “nods” four times in your post. lol.
I’m guessing you just copied and pasted the title?

Anyway, does anyone know if they ever become randomized and become Rich nodes on random days? That would be worth getting.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

a better question would be,
why does it say you can buy 1 more at this price ?
- does that mean you can mine it twice a day or do you get 6 ore instead of 3 ?
some clarification is in order.

Posted by: Raistlan.3604

Raistlan.3604

The description on the web page announcing them says, “Using a Basic Ore Node Pack will place a Copper, Silver, and Gold vein in the home instance of every character on your account! Visit these nodes once a day to mine their resources with any one character.”

I have 8 characters on my account, but it seems like only 1 character can mine them per day? Even though it says, “will place a Copper, Silver, and Gold vein in the home instance of every character on your account”. “Every character.”

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol… what is happening to ANET…? if i wanted to farm nodes , i would have gone to those guestable rich platinum nodes….. just a few seconds running from wp, and those nodes are per character….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

miriya.8496

The description on the web page announcing them says, “Using a Basic Ore Node Pack will place a Copper, Silver, and Gold vein in the home instance of every character on your account! Visit these nodes once a day to mine their resources with any one character.”

I have 8 characters on my account, but it seems like only 1 character can mine them per day? Even though it says, “will place a Copper, Silver, and Gold vein in the home instance of every character on your account”. “Every character.”

Yes, one character per day. Pretty much the landscape equivalent of a thing being account bound, I think.

miriya.8496

lol… what is happening to ANET…? if i wanted to farm nodes , i would have gone to those guestable rich platinum nodes….. just a few seconds running from wp, and those nodes are per character….

Anything that made any sort of significant impact would met with screaming hordes rallying with the pitchforks and calling play to win — gosh, we’ve already got p2w accusations up in here, over basic metal nodes. So instead, they offer fluff (as seems fair, because they don’t -want- to be p2w) and are met with an equally large number of people being unimpressed with what they’ve got for sale.

What’s more detrimental to the game as a whole? Or, I guess, what would you rather hear people complain about?

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

Dulfy explains in her website everything you need to know about the Basic Ore Node Pack: Click to create copper, silver, and gold mining nodes in your home instance. Each node can be mined once per day. Account bound and one purchase per account only.
It is basically give you 3x copper, 3x silver and 3x gold ores once per day per account.

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/14/gw2-gemstore-updatemetallurgic-dyes-nodes-and-metabolic-primer/

At current average gem price it would take you between 2,5-3 years to make the money back providing that you mined each node every day and without taking into account the cost of mining picks. So I guess it’s a convenience item to get your daily gatherer achievement done quickly. I get mine in open world while doing world bosses though.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

1) Make them rich nodes (or even better, make a tier above rich, that gives 16-20 hits and a chance for between 1-3 per hit)

I think these two suggestions would go a long way to making this item worth the 800 gem price, and might even prompt more people to buy it.

16-20 ores of all metals with the exception of orichalcum? Wth?

16 copper ore = 16 × 40c = 6s40c
16 silver ore = 16 × 1s = 16s
16 iron ore = 16 × 1s10c = 17s60c
16 gold ore = 16 × 1s40c = 22s40c
16 platinum ore = 16 × 1s60c =25s60c
16 mithril ore = 16 × 52c = 8s32c

Total = 96s32c

Almost 1g daily just for going to your home instance…

Ps: Approximated numbers based GW2Spidy buy / sell offers.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

lacklustre-deeply-unoriginal-fluff.

one more thing i will never buy.

the fact that it took a team of people to place it in game in the first place is kinda sad.

and whoever does the node placement needs a lesson in interior design.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Zanshin: r500 Jeweler may allow us to craft Ascended trinkets where we can choose what upgrade goes into them, similar to how Ascended armor and weapons let us put our own runes/sigils in addition to infusions. If that happens, they’d be the “best” Ascended trinkets; the Ascended trinkets purchasable with relics/Laurels etc. would be the cheaper alternative for those who didn’t want to spend hundreds of gold crafting their own Ascended trinkets.

Posted by: Laserhog.5049

Laserhog.5049

Total = 96s32c

I was just pulling numbers out of my kitten as an example of a possible change for a tier above rich. I still stand by saying they should be rich veins, because currently 800 gems is a massive rip off for what you get.

Although in all honesty I think this is something that should have never come to the gem store, and should have instead been something you earn through some sort of quest line/achievement.

Posted by: mergi.1407

mergi.1407

Is it once per day per account or per character?

Paulytnz.7619

Is it once per day per account or per character?

Account. What they meant when they said every char gets it in their home instance is just that you can go to any of the home instances to get the ores once per day. But still only ONCE, so you can’t do a round trip gathering in each or on each char.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I found something quite novel. I can go to the waypoint of choice anywhere on the map (provided it’s uncontested of course) and in most cases I don’t have to run far until I’ve found a mining node. Can also get gathering bonuses on world nodes, I’ve quite often got 5-6 ore from a normal node.

There, I’ve just saved myself and everyone here 800 gems.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Change it to a quartz node and then maybe…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

Change it to a quartz node and then maybe…

They already gave out a quartz node for the home instance with the Zephyrite update to those who completed the living story achievements.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

Total = 96s32c

I was just pulling numbers out of my kitten as an example of a possible change for a tier above rich. I still stand by saying they should be rich veins, because currently 800 gems is a massive rip off for what you get.

Although in all honesty I think this is something that should have never come to the gem store, and should have instead been something you earn through some sort of quest line/achievement.

But it should never be something thats worthy in terms of “getting your money back”. It should never be a resource of income. It should be a convenience item (for those who want to make it faster to get the daily gatherer or something) or a cosmetic item (for those who want more stuff on their home instance).

Just like the unlimited gathering tools. As far as I remember, from my calculations it would take years to get my money back from it. And thats considering I gather every orichalcum node on the map, which I dont. Sure, the price of materials have risen up due to ascended addition, but so have the price of gems (aswell as the price of the unlimited tool itself – which is now 1k gems). So it is just a convenience item for those who dont want to bother checking how many uses they have left on their gathering tools, or carrying extra gathering tools on the inventory so they never run out.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Buyer also beware that you’re paying 40+ gold worth of gems for some of the cheapest metals in the game, which will likely decrease in value quickly.

Heheh.

Posted by: Dontfakeit.9865

Dontfakeit.9865

I’m sure they will eventually release a upgrade item for 800 gems to make it a rich ore node

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Getting these items will never be about making money for myself at least. Its more about the convenience of having it. I guess if they were made into rich nodes it wouldn’t be as bad. At least it would justify where they are on the map.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

I agree that these should be rich nodes OR, your Home Instance should have a +% gathering boost applied.
I bought these simply bcs I also want a “pimped out” home instance.

Naz ©

Posted by: procyon.2593

procyon.2593

I honestly wonder with Arenanet whom is demanding they make/or making these bizarre decisions that they have been making. This node of a lemon of a purchase, for me anyway, is the latest amongst many::: the constant nerfing of game and character settings, the extra-difficulting of dungeons to the point now where you need to basically glitch your way thru to complete a dungeon, or pay some unscrupulous person to tell you where to stand as you gingerly edge your way thru most of them, the fact there are no controller settings for those whom really need them, particularly so they can move around comfortably in-game, the huge amounts of gold nice and decent gears and weaps cost, or the months needed to craft them up. The list could go on.

Arenanet, you have a beautiful, fun, HUGE world of a game with a friendly, helpful community that love logging in as often as they can. We aren’t going anywhere, and those of us whom maybe visiting another locale come april, trust me, for myself, I will be still logging in so I can visit Tyria, see my mates I’ve made in my guild and enjoy your works here, Daily. You don’t have to harden the game up to the point where it’s beyond challenging, to keep us piqued, we still want to stat and to play.

Maybe I’m wrong, it’s just one person’s opinion here, but I have heard my sentiments echoed by others. That’s all.

Fantaisie Héroïque (verba volant, scripta manent)

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

It currently takes something around 1000 days, mining all the nodes, every day, to make back the cost of buying this. (if you do buy it, enjoy your few silver (6s?) each day!)

It is not convenient, and doesn’t even fill the daily gatherer

I, personally, would rather pick a random waypoint over in a may I haven’t been to in a while and spend 5-10 minutes running around and mining/chopping/harvesting everything I see.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m disappointed. I have the other “upgrades” to the home instance and I’m the type of player who would like to max our her home instance.

But I’m not going to spend 10 euros on something that is of zero benefit to me. Copper, silver, gold? Really?

I wish so, so hard I had any incentive at all to buy this. If there was in iron node in there, or something, anything useful at all. But no.

That makes me sad.

:(

The other thing that makes me sad is the lackluster placement of all gathering nodes inside the home instances. You could have done this two ways: optimized for convenience, or put them in places in the landscape that make sense.

Somehow, it’s neither of the two. They’re just pretty much placed randomly.

Why am I stealing quartz from the orphans every day? Then run to a random flower patch to charge them? Why put the candy corn in the orphanage garden, shouldn’t this be in a kitchen? How about placing ore nodes next to a smithy?

OR: why not allow players to place the nodes where they want them?

This could have been so good.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

would ve helped a bit if there was Rich ore nodes since you can only gather once a day other than that would be for cosmetic reasons