Beta Weekend Event Feedback Email?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Q:

Hey,

I didn’t pre-purchase the expansion because I cannot afford it. Nevertheless, I got this in my email just now:
-
Hello, and thank you for pre-purchasing Guild Wars 2‘s first expansion, Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™. We’re truly grateful for your support.

We hope you enjoyed playing in our first Beta Weekend Event. These events are extremely important, as the content you played is still changing, and you have the power to impact the changes we make between now and launch and help us make Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns as great as it can possibly be. We’d love it if you’d take the time to share your thoughts with us by filling out a survey on your experience this weekend. Your responses give us the chance to hear what you love, what doesn’t work so well for you, and any comments and suggestions that you have. It’s really exciting for us, and we hope you’ll take the time to share your feedback.

Please try to complete the survey as soon as you can so that your impressions about it are fresh, and please don’t forward the survey to other players.

Take the survey here!

Thank you again for being a fan and supporter of Guild Wars 2 and our upcoming expansion, Heart of Thorns. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Sincerely,

ArenaNet
-
Could someone explain? Was there a good Samaritan which bought it for me?

I am hoping so…

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

We’re very sorry about that. There was a small e-mail glitch and that survey went out to a few people to whom it should not have been sent. We apologize for the confusion!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Jasher.6580

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Probably a mass email that you got by accident. Since you didn’t do the beta, just delete it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Jasher.6580

Probably a mass email that you got by accident. Since you didn’t do the beta, just delete it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

What I find interesting is that I did participate in the beta, but did not receive an e-mail. I wonder how their e-mail list works?

Just a flesh wound.3589

What I find interesting is that I did participate in the beta, but did not receive an e-mail. I wonder how their e-mail list works?

This is the second report I’ve seen of people who didn’t do the beta, getting an email. Maybe they got the list reversed and are sending them to the wrong people. Lol.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Pluto.8015

Pluto.8015

I got it and I did prepurchase/play in beta so shrug idk!

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

Huh, weird.

I also pre-purchased, and had set up my email for HoT updates… and didn’t get a beta feed back email (checked spam folder).

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

Just a flesh wound.3589

Huh, weird.

I also pre-purchased, and had set up my email for HoT updates… and didn’t get a beta feed back email (checked spam folder).

They send these things out in groups, not all at one time. I just got one a few minutes ago.

ANet may give it to you.

Jasher.6580

We’re very sorry about that. There was a small e-mail glitch and that survey went out to a few people to whom it should not have been sent. We apologize for the confusion!

So I don’t have the expansion then… I understand… Thank for reaching out to me…

Attachments:

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I was in beta but still didn’t get an email

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I was in beta but still didn’t get an email

Same for me and guildmate, but leader got the email… we all prepurchased at same time.

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I guess that if they dont send any survey to all beta testers is because they dont want that specific feedback.
Or it may be a mistake (emails not sending properly)

I think it is stupid either way, and shows lack of control by the company or lack of care from the company towards its players.
But you know… their game, their rules.
It is not the first “error” they make, and im sure will not be the last one.

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I guess that if they dont send any survey to all beta testers is because they dont want that specific feedback.
Or it may be a mistake (emails not sending properly)

I think it is stupid either way, and shows lack of control by the company or lack of care from the company towards its players.
But you know… their game, their rules.
It is not the first “error” they make, and im sure will not be the last one.

it’s already been mentioned before that emails are sent out in batches. This is a perfectly normal and acceptable way of doing things. I don’t know what Anet’s code for sending emails is like, but I assume that if a batch fails they’d probably have to restart the whole batch. It would be a bad idea to have a single batch send an email to say 30k people then maybe due to an internet outage, it fails while sending the 15001th email and now they have to redo the whole batch and spam 15k people with double the email. If the batch was smaller and is say 500 people, then at worse they have to spam 500 people, not 15k.

Posted by: Kranodor.8915

Kranodor.8915

Okay, now I feel slightly stupid for suggesting doing a survey in my BWE1 Feedback, when there was a survey and I just didn’t get the mail (yet? – even in batches, it’s been at least 22 hours, that’s a hell of a delay…)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Are they still sending them out in batches? Haven’t received one, but if they’re still going out, that’s fine.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Any news on whether this email is expected? Or is it a random selection?

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Any news on whether this email is expected? Or is it a random selection?

I think it’s probably safe to assume if we didn’t get the email yet, that we aren’t going to.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

So they aren’t doing a global survey of HoTBWE1 participants? Ah well. There are other means of giving feedback, and surveys often leave me wanting an essay section with each question anyway because the pre-set answers are seldom right on target.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I played beta as well, and got no email. Not that I WANT to fill out a survey… I’d be willing to do it to improve the design.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I played beta as well, and got no email. Not that I WANT to fill out a survey… I’d be willing to do it to improve the design.

Same checked both my emails(don’t ask why I have to do that too complicated lol). I really would like to add my input, oh well, I’m sure they’ll be more events.

The Sickest Guild NA