Bloodstone Crazed Creatures Event

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

These threads crack me up.

I’m late to the game on the current events. I didn’t grind out the initial bandit achievements when they were first introduced and was thankful that even after the release of Bloodstone Fen’s living world chapter, the current events were still in-game and available to complete. That being said, some of the events are very difficult to finish now that players are no longer actively chasing the AP (looking at you, leyline collection achievements!). However, the collection events will probably not be very difficult to complete on a day with the right daily achieves. When there is a Mount Maelstrom Event Completer daily active, the leyline collection achievements in that map will likely be overloaded with players simply there to get credit for the event, meaning it will be more likely to succeed… so even though I didn’t jump on the bandwagon of chasing the AP immediately after release, I will still be able to get these done and get their corresponding achieves finished up.

I’m probably going to end up doing the same with this new round of Current Events. I’ve got today off from work, so I will be checking them out a bit and doing what I can, but I don’t expect to be able to spend two hours working on them and have all associated rewards handed to me immediately. I don’t really think that’s the type of content that Anet wants these events to be. People have been begging for more playable content in the game, and the developers are doing what they can to ship small, somewhat ‘hidden’ events (encouraging players to explore and discover new things in the maps they already know by heart) whenever possible while still continuing to work on larger seasonal patches like new Living World installments. The trouble is, when patch day comes and we get some new current events, everyone is chomping at the bit to get everything done on day 1 rather than patiently check it out at a more reasonable pace. You went to the area where the event boss was supposed to spawn, and it didn’t? Hmm, maybe it bugged, or maybe someone else killed it. Go do something else for a little while and try again later.

I understand that most other players won’t share my philosophy of enjoying things at a leisurely pace, and sometimes even I want to rush through to the finish line to get something done, but at the very least you have to give the developers credit for giving players a taste of what they’ve been asking for.

(and now I prepare myself for the flames coming my way)

(edited by drunkenpilot.9837)

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I don’t understand this event. Just ran around for 30 minutes killing moa on Snowden Drifts only to have the detector no longer show anything.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t understand this event. Just ran around for 30 minutes killing moa on Snowden Drifts only to have the detector no longer show anything.

It doesn’t necessarily spawn in any one map. I managed to get all of the beasts killed today by dint of joining a good sized squad that was looking for them. We spread out across the maps where the current creature(s) could spawn and killed that mob type until someone called out that one had appeared, linked a wp and direction, and everyone taxied there fast as they could.

I did miss one kill in the process because for some reason my tele to friend would not bring up the name of the person who’d called out the beast. Squad of over 40 people, tele to friend listed a random set of three

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I understand that most other players won’t share my philosophy of enjoying things at a leisurely pace, and sometimes even I want to rush through to the finish line to get something done, but at the very least you have to give the developers credit for giving players a taste of what they’ve been asking for.

(and now I prepare myself for the flames coming my way)

I agree with your philosophy, but that isn’t what much of the feedback is about in this instance.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Whelp just missed shark for the 2nd time… first time I waited 30mins on a map that had already killed it. Next time I waited 20 mins on one map into the spawn time, didn’t spawn there, a map where 3 commanders were waiting since the last spawn to get it. Then lfg started lighting up so I jumped 3 times to maps and all dead before I loaded in.

Oh uh thanks for loading me into the map instances where my squad wasn’t, so then having to load again to join the map my squad was in, all, three, times. gg. Meanwhile moa spawns in the first minute, which I missed as well cause well washroom break at the wrong time.

Also why not put the legendary spawns in their own 30 min windows? instead of 2 per hour, I know it was designed that way to try and delay it a little, maybe you get moa but you miss devourer, but that seems like a good way to aggravate players instead. Now players have to wait around in a zone to make sure they can get the mob.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

This is one of the worst events Arenanet has ever designed (alongside the mordrem invasion event)

There’s no indication when you go to a map whether or not the bloodstone crazed creature has spawned yet or not, so you could just be grinding mobs in vain for half an hour. The detector… the indicators get clipped by terrain, are too small to see from a distance but if you zoom in they’re out of peripheral vision… it’s just a mess.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Standing around waiting for something to spawn is not what I would call “things to do”.

Why stand around when you can gather from nodes in the map while you wait? Or talk to your guild? I guess TT waits have made me somewhat immune to being bored while waiting for an event. I can usually find ways to keep myself occupied. Part of me wonders if why the spawn times are headed in this direction is because they want us to pace ourselves.

As excited as I was to see there were new events, I figured it’d be a ballache to try and do them on the same night as the patch when there were likely to be new builds for bug fixes/server crashes, on top of my guild having missions on a Tuesday night (well from 2am-4am Weds morning for me). By the time we were done, I went and grabbed the detector, waited for the Wyvern for a while but sleep took over. Given we still have the original events up, I felt I didn’t have to rush to get these done in one night.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

These events are horribly designed and are not fun for the reasons described above. Not even a half-measure which is the usual standard for new content.

Xenesis.6389

Wow… wyvern was up for an hour, from 5-6. 6 rolls around and nothing on the scanner for 10 mins figured it was on that 30 min break… get up to get a drink and moa spawns, dead by the time I get back.
/slow clap

Good troll anet, now here’s mine, just preordered legion.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

I think this the worst event I have ever done in GW2. Am I supposed to wait around on locations without having something to do besides killing mop just to wait for a creature to spawn that might finally spawn somewhere else? I wonder why someone found it a good idea to design an event that basically consists of a lot of waiting and one hell of a lot of luck!

And this device: It seems to shows different things depending on what map/instance/server (or whatever) you are: A creature shows. Oh, its gone. Changing map. Oh there it is again. Oh no, gone again… what the kitten?

And this time rotation: I think I am too stupid to understand when the creatures will spawn. The anomaly thing at least shows me a hard to miss text message when the boss appears somewhere. But with the Levvi device I just have to try not to forget to click on it from time to time or how is this supposed to work?

I have a real life and can only play in the evenings and on the weekends. I wanted to play GW2 this evening. But I ended up wasting my time with waiting around in VB, in Snowden Drifts or TD… And since this is certainly not the way I want to spend my precious GW2-playing time I think I will not get this achievement (skin) any time soon.

I agree with Dulfy on this one: I as well like the idea of Anet trying new types of events, but this one needs a lot of tweaking…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Standing around waiting for something to spawn is not what I would call “things to do”.

Why stand around when you can gather from nodes in the map while you wait? Or talk to your guild? I guess TT waits have made me somewhat immune to being bored while waiting for an event. I can usually find ways to keep myself occupied. Part of me wonders if why the spawn times are headed in this direction is because they want us to pace ourselves.

I just checked a couple of maps then stopped bothering. The MAIN reason for getting things out of the way ASAP is ANet’s tendency to break stuff then leave it broken for months or years.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

These events are training me out of my completionist habits. I’m finding I don’t have the desire to complete every cheevo.

Posted by: Aesiri.3815

Aesiri.3815

First forum post, ever.

First off, it’s sad that my first forum post revolves around a new event, and the sheer idiocy of its execution. No one wants to, or has time, to stand around for 2+ hours twiddling our thumbs, waiting for mobs to spawn. In the time it takes for these creatures to get off their smoke break, you could run 2 DS’s (potentially exaggerating, but the point is still valid.) This is severely immersion breaking, and truly takes a lot of fun out of the game, while trying to complete the achievements. Thank the Gods we only have to do it once for the account wide reward.

I just completed this incredibly time consuming event, and all the things to get the Bloodstone Visage (yay me!) Persistence pays off, guys! Keep it up!

For real, ANet, if I wanted to ‘hurry up and wait’, I would go to the VA with my husband.

I can’t tell you how many times I heard ‘30 minutes to go’ while waiting for these mobs to spawn. I’m pretty sure it was the longest 3 hour ‘30 minutes’ I waited to shoot a Crazed Moa. At least there is a rather large notification that the creature has spawned, and all you have to do, at that point, is follow the zerg.

The ‘miniatures’ that pop up, when you click on the device certainly don’t stay up long enough to actually see them, especially if you’re standing around with 100+ people nearby.

Change the ‘puff of smoke’ to include an image that appears over our character’s heads, instead of us having to zoom in and out to see this tiny bird/shark/wyvern/arctodus that is clearly standing 50 feet away, and disappears as quickly as it appears.

Fix the timers. Fix the mobs so they don’t go down in 12 seconds after they spawn.

Gathering slivers is good. Leave that alone.

Cheers, and Happy Hunting, everyone.

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I am by no means a WoW fan but I heard that they have a new expansion out called Legion. Some people seemed excited about it so I looked it up. Apparently, they are taking the best bits of Guild Wars 2 and learning from them and implementing them, such as wardrobe systems.

Don’t get me wrong, we had it first and I respect Anet because of that, because for the most part this kind of myopic action hasn’t been common.

See though, apparently some people learn from past mistakes and see certain systems as relics of the past and try to improve upon them or move past them.

Meanwhile you are bleedin’ adding special mob camping events as bad as old school PERFECT WORLD. Not even tier 1 MMO relic mechanics anymore. While chasing the shark spawn I had flashbacks to the disappointment that was tideborn.

Git gud. Don’t take a page from the failure days of yore.

Also, shall I state the obvious?

If you DO make a mob that thousands of players will try to kill at once, you MIGHT want to give it enough health to survive all the bursts you have encouraged them to use via equipment and traits.. for more than a few seconds.

(Unless you just want to tell the higher-ups the figures for server login/population from the event, since this is a pretty opaque way of raising that artificially.)

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

There is so much salt around these events. Why are you folks so angry at not being able to complete them within 1 day of implementation? These events are going to be available for the next few weeks at the very least, more likely the next few months..at least until the next living world chapter is released.

These events were patched into the game one day ago. One day! They aren’t even that difficult to do! Like Vayne, I finished everything within about five hours today and I honestly for the life of me could not understand why everyone is so salty over these bloodstone spawns. They spawn on a fairly reliable schedule. Join a squad via LFG, join the map early, and someone in the squad will link when the legendary boss spawns. Are you bored while waiting for the mobs to spawn? Then do something. Kill stuff in the area to farm loot. Run other miscellaneous events. Harvest from lumber or metal nodes on the map while you wait. There are LOTS of things you could be doing with your time while you wait the 30 minutes or so for the boss to spawn… Anet is not forcing you to stand still at the waypoint to get credit for the event.

This is not rocket science, folks… in fact, it’s practically no different than any typical world boss. What happens if you join a world boss map too late? Oops, you missed the fight, sorry! You’ll have to wait until next time. That’s no different than the bloodstone bosses.

The salt around these current events just astounds me.

Xenesis.6389

What astounds me is people who finished the events in a few hours then come in here and tell people “why you all in such a rush! you have weeks to do it!” If you went through the event and had no problem then good for you, congrats on your glowy eyes. But just because you didn’t run into problems with the event doesn’t there isn’t any problems, or people wouldn’t come to the forums to express their “saltiness” over it. Oh and the saltiness already got a positive change done.

• Current Events: Levvi’s Device has been updated to indicate when a legendary bloodstone-crazed creature has recently been killed in the map.

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Why? Because I can be in the map and then on a mobility thief/warrior not make it to the spawn in time to hit it once, with a ranged weapon. They died that fast when I saw them. It is sheer luck I got as far as I have. Just one left, but just because I am that far doesn’t mean I want to give feedback like: “Oh, absolutely, we’d love more transparent efforts to time gate content so people stay online longer, standing around as map chat slowly morphs into a discussion about other games.” I don’t want more of this.

Meanwhile some champion things that spawn in kessex take comparatively forever to kill and are actually a pretty fun encounter so far.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

• Current Events: Levvi’s Device has been updated to indicate when a legendary bloodstone-crazed creature has recently been killed in the map.

I see no difference in the device.

I killed the BC-Arc and then used the device. The shark and bear appear exactly the same as they did before. They look the same as my wife’s device, and she hasn’t left TD since she logged in.

So points for trying to fix the problem, but no actual fix.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The content is new. There’s no reason anyone has to do every creature in one night.

I wasn’t trying to do every creature in one night — I just wanted to get one to see what the fuss was about. And I never saw one spawn while people were gathering specifically to kill the regular version of the species.

I’d much prefer that the spawns were entirely random and a game-wide message would go out say there was a disturbance in the force and check our detectors to see what/where. Then anyone who wanted could go to the relevant maps and look for the icon.

Or they could spawn more often and require some sort of coordination to kill, so that they lasted a bit longer.

As it stands now, I don’t find the current events appealing at all.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

I managed to get 2 done last night by sheer luck but what burns me is there was NO notification about this event that I could find? Nothing on the front log in page-no mail. Someone said “patch notes” I come here and check patch notes-I don’t see this event mentioned.The only reason I found out about it was because a Guildy found it on dulfy… Are we supposed to keep trawling gaming sites to find out our game is having an event?

Posted by: Midnightear.6705

Midnightear.6705

I said it before and I’ll say it again: That event was POORLY designed. Nothing really creative, engaging or even fun about standing for hours amongst people, killing everything in sight and the only question that people ask “When will this spawn?”…No one knows. Why? Cause the device is broken. We never know when the next thing will spawn, some say fixed rotation with a break and sometimes we get 40 minutes were NOTHING SPAWNS! But we wait!

At least if you’re going to make an event like this, make sure the instructions are clear and the device works….It was a let down, almost felt like my time got wasted but I was actually lucky to get two of them without having to wait…

The fact that it’s IP bound is absurd and once it spawns in one IP it can’t spawn again, so people who missed the spawn….they have to wait another 3-4 hours? I mean sure I’m free….but I really loved this game for the lack of (boring) events like this.

You think when the hype dies down people will get it easily, I don’t know but I could argue they just would get harder to kill…. Moa dies so fast I’ve seen poor people complain about being unable to get it….Unless they keep waiting for it.

I don’t know, the device would be better, the event could be designed better but this is just disappointing…I feel sorry for all the people who wait all the time, go afk for a minute and miss the spawn…This is sad! Sad sad sad!

Suggestions :
1. Maybe make the creatures spawn on a fixed timer instead of it being really random, make the device give on screen notification of when the current and NEXT creatures are… (like the lodestone for anomaly! That was really convenient…)
2. Improve the boss’s scaling? Feels like Moa just has so little HP
3. Possibility of a blood-crazed creature to spawn more than once within the timeframe?

I don’t know those are suggestions, this may not be the place for it….but nothing really pulled me towards this event other than the fact that I stumbled (was lucky) on two of the creatures….I feel sad for those who seek the event and end up having to wait on every single one of them.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I feel like levvi’s device is useless. Double click it, says this event is up, go to all the maps and ask if its up, finally find the correct one and its dead already.

They should make the bosses spawn a lot more frequently, give them more health, or better make them invulnerable for a few minutes like in wvw so people have time to actually get to them, and here’s an idea, how about instead of guessing what map they are on just put them on one map everytime, or put them on all the maps they spawn on so it takes the guess work out of it. Nothing like waiting for hours and being on the wrong map.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I feel like levvi’s device is useless. Double click it, says this event is up, go to all the maps and ask if its up, finally find the correct one and its dead already.

They should make the bosses spawn a lot more frequently, give them more health, or better make them invulnerable for a few minutes like in wvw so people have time to actually get to them, and here’s an idea, how about instead of guessing what map they are on just put them on one map everytime, or put them on all the maps they spawn on so it takes the guess work out of it. Nothing like waiting for hours and being on the wrong map.

You do know they can spawn on more then one map right, just kill normal mobs of the moa, devourer, shark, bearhound or wyvern what ever is on the device atm.

Edit.
The one that took longest for me was the shark only becouse its hard to find alot of sharks to kill. swam around killing 3 dif ones in bloodtide coast.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I managed to finish these events yesterday. The longest wait was in VB. After goofing around in that zone for about 40 minutes I looked at Dulfy’s guide and noticed that the Wyvern was also scheduled to appear in TD so off I went. It spawned within 30 minutes.

The other creatures spawned within about 30 to 45 minutes. I was fortunate to land in maps where people were having fun – playing music and using those boxes. And gathering – wood, ore, and plants.

The waiting around was similar to doing Triple Trouble and Tequatl or the other World Bosses. You wait.

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

Waited at VB. Suddenly the message: Wyvern sighted. I got the sighting ach. But I did not see the Wyvern…. Hastily I searched the map but could not see it. I was confused and vaguely happy. Then I checked the device. Wyvern still showed. Went to TB. Suddelny Wyvern up. Was on the wrong side. When I arrived Wyvern dead. This event is going to kill me…

(edited by aikatara.3462)

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

So heres what I have noticed so far… yes I have seen dulffy’s guide and find it lacking.
When the device says a certain mob is active, it becomes active on all maps it is tied to. It can be summoned on all those maps at the same time if players are actively killing those mobs on all the other maps as well. generally the crazed mob spawns when the secret quota is reached and spawns in the area of the kill that reached the quota.

Posted by: swirlwind.7986

swirlwind.7986

I just finished getting the last of my creature kills, and rarely have I felt such malicious glee as I did when destroying Levvi’s device afterwards. This event was by and far the least fun I’ve ever had playing GW2 in the last almost four years. A lot of the reasons why have already been articulated in this thread, but to add my two cents:

My biggest gripe is the waiting game. Standing around in a map (or killing creatures mindlessly again and again as they slowly respawn) waiting for the creature to spawn, often ending in a disappointment because it just never spawns, or maybe it spawned before you got there. No indication of how long it might take, and most importantly the disappointment of time wasted when it doesn’t spawn after ~30 min of boredom.

The smaller of my gripes is the tiny holograms the device projects, which are very hard to make out unless you zoom close, and often are covered by terrain. It’s a minor inconvenience one learns to mitigate, but why is it necessary to begin with?

After trying to hunt several of the creatures in vain yesterday, today I simply tried the LFG squadjoin instead, which gave me the devourer quite quickly. The arctodus took a fair bit of staking out Lornar’s Pass while doing something else on the side and checking the game every now and then, and with the wyvern I got very lucky, as it spawned soon after I had arrived in the map, so I put up a squadjoin for it myself to help other players out.

With the bandits there is a bit of the waiting game thing going on as well, but at least their spawn rate is reasonable and predictable, and you always know the right spot beforehand. I just don’t want to spend my gaming time sitting around waiting, and I would imagine that to be true for most people.

To end on a positive note, I did like the scavenger hunt part of the event. It’s always nice to have a reason to go around the beautiful continent of Tyria even if you’ve long since mapped it all.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

spawn is fine ppl just want everything in 1 hr. Get in squad and go do ur normal stuff till spawn is up.

it does not work like that. not even close.

It works exactly like that. Source: that is literally how I did them.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There is so much salt around these events. Why are you folks so angry at not being able to complete them within 1 day of implementation?

It’s not the delay that is a problem. It’s the waiting. Not ven knowing how long it will be. Because the mob may not spawn at all. Or spawn in the short moment when you just had to leave your computer for a second 9laving you with 3h + wait time).

If you could get only one of those per day, but the waiting was reduced (and made more reliable), as, for example, it worked with bandit events, it would be way, way better.

They aren’t even that difficult to do! Like Vayne, I finished everything within about five hours today and I honestly for the life of me could not understand why everyone is so salty over these bloodstone spawns.

I met a guy yesterday that claimed to wait for moa for 6 hours straight (without changing maps) without even seeing one. Due to weird schedule hiccups, the moa spawned when he went afk for a moment thinking that the break period has just started. In his place i’d be salty too.

They spawn on a fairly reliable schedule.

The schedule is, unfortunately, really unreliable, and seems to contains ome weird random elements. For example (based on device readings, and reports from other players), the evening schedule yesterday at EU was thus:*

- Moa/Devo
- Arcto/Shark
- break (yes, that’s no mistake)
- Wyvern (for 1 hour)
- break again

And that last break lasted only ~15 minutes (at least ten, according to the device. Was semi-afk for the remaining 5 and not checking, but from the map chat other people reported break as well aven in that time), before suddenly, with no warning, Moa spawned. Moa died really fast, by the way (by the time i arived from where i was standing, which was closer than the closest wp, it was already at 50% hp), so people that weren’t already nearby and checking situation had no chance at all.

(from the description seems to have been the same instance Xenesis was on)

That’s really bad design.

It works exactly like that. Source: that is literally how I did them.

Then you were extremely lucky. That’s not something that an average player can count on.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

These events are training me out of my completionist habits. I’m finding I don’t have the desire to complete every cheevo.

^
This.
Right here.

I want to participate in these events, but I’m not going to waste play time that I could be helping my guild in fractals, completing collections, chasing achievements, or doing HoT metas.

HoT metas already got a lot of heat for being on stupidly long timers (hi, Dragon Stand, I missed you again, because I wasn’t in LFG a half hour before you started last night), and then ANet continues to run these events in different zones on a 2-3 hour rotation.

The bandit bosses are on the border for acceptable wait time for content, so factor that into your future calculations, dev team.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Ty EU servers for yesterday, it was very easy getting all bosses in one run, people opened extra maps and waiting for it to be full before killing the bosses. Love this community, cheers.

Khisanth.2948

- Moa/Devo
- Arcto/Shark
- Wyvern (for 1 hour)
- break again

I have yet to see moa or devourer up. It is always either break or a combination of the other 3. -_-

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

- Moa/Devo
- Arcto/Shark
- Wyvern (for 1 hour)
- break again

I have yet to see moa or devourer up. It is always either break or a combination of the other 3. -_-

they dont spawn on every IP so u need to get in squad or get in a more populated IP. Its not going to spawn unless there are ppl killing trash mobs on that map. So the spawn spot will be diff too.

Khisanth.2948

- Moa/Devo
- Arcto/Shark
- Wyvern (for 1 hour)
- break again

they dont spawn on every IP so u need to get in squad or get in a more populated IP. Its not going to spawn unless there are ppl killing trash mobs on that map. So the spawn spot will be diff too.

I mean the creatures displayed by the device.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

The content is new. There’s no reason anyone has to do every creature in one night. Ther’s no real reason to do every creature at all, unless you have absolutely nothing else to do or you’re so crazy about achievement points that you MUST do this event.

If you want the reward for the event, do the event, and take your time. If you don’t want the reward for the event ignore it.

In a week’s time the schedules will be down pat, the moa will be buffed (the only what that dies slow) and people will not even remember these comments.

But you know, it’s day one of a new series of events. Why does everyone feel they have to get everything done on day one and why do they make it sound like the end of the world when they can’t?

That said, I got it all done today anyway. lol

I agree getting it done in one day is a bad mindset to have. I’ve been tossing it aside and been enjoying the game more.

HOWEVER, the implementation of this is sorely lacking. Killing random mobs for so long, unknowing when the boss will spawn (or has spawned and you are wasting time) is boring. What’s worse is getting it to spawn, then not getting there in time to either tag or view the boss, thus making all that time spent killing wasted.

That’s the issue I’m having ATM.

Posted by: Alyr.9804

Alyr.9804

Waiting… waiting, Moa up… and DC… I waited more than 1 hours.
“Best” event in this game now, congrats guys!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Honestly, why not just make it like Scarlets invasion event again? Cept creatures turning into bloodstone crazed mobs?

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

Map: gw2timer.com/creatures

Each icon is where that creature was sighted and fought. Use your Levvi’s Device to tell what creatures are in the current time window, and join a Central Tyria squad to coordinate the hunt.

I’ve recorded times from Tuesday and Wednesdays and they (and several more) do not match up, for example 10:30-11:00 PM on Tuesday showed Arctodus/Wyvern/Shark, while 10:30-11:00 PM on Wednesday the device showed nothing, as in it was on break. Also, one of the creature rotation changed while the hour’s minute was :07, so I’m concluding that the timings and rotations are “random”.

Xenesis.6389

The schedule is, unfortunately, really unreliable, and seems to contains ome weird random elements. For example (based on device readings, and reports from other players), the evening schedule yesterday at EU was thus:*

- Moa/Devo
- Arcto/Shark
- Wyvern (for 1 hour)
- break again

And that last break lasted only ~15 minutes (at least ten, according to the device. Was semi-afk for the remaining 5 and not checking, but from the map chat other people reported break as well aven in that time), before suddenly, with no warning, Moa spawned. Moa died really fast, by the way (by the time i arived from where i was standing, which was closer than the closest wp, it was already at 50% hp), so people that weren’t already nearby and checking situation had no chance at all.

(from the description seems to have been the same instance Xenesis was on)

That’s really bad design.

Heh I went to hunt for shark again late last night before I went to bed, I got into a blood creature hunting squad and into frostgorge at least 20 mins before to make sure no funny business happened again.

Again at the top of the hour after moa/devourer phase I waited 10 mins checking the scanner for the next phase, nothing was showing on scanner, then at 10 after the hour arc/shark showed on the scanner, went shark hunting, popped him with a few shark kills and notified the squad. He popped up in the underwater tunnel in the middle of the map which took us a minute to figure out how to get there but gave the whole squad enough time to arrive.

Not really much point in having an hour long spawn phase when they are killed within a couple mins of the phase flip and only once per map. Why did I experience a 10 min delay twice? The break periods don’t seem to be consistent either. Which would also explain why I’ve seen moa spawn at the top and bottom of the hour, if it was indeed a 3 hour cycle they should be spawning consistently at the top or bottom of the hour, but extra breaks shoehorned in there would break that up.

The tracker was poorly implemented.

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Map: gw2timer.com/creatures

Each icon is where that creature was sighted and fought. Use your Levvi’s Device to tell what creatures are in the current time window, and join a Central Tyria squad to coordinate the hunt.

I’ve recorded times from Tuesday and Wednesdays and they (and several more) do not match up, for example 10:30-11:00 PM on Tuesday showed Arctodus/Wyvern/Shark, while 10:30-11:00 PM on Wednesday the device showed nothing, as in it was on break. Also, one of the creature rotation changed while the hour’s minute was :07, so I’m concluding that the timings and rotations are “random”.

Awesome. Thank you for this (and all the other work you do on the site).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Sooo… does anybody know what the indicator is that is supposed to show, if a creature has recently been killed in the map (as stated in the patch notes)? Cause I’ve just now been killing moas in Brisbane for 45 minutes straight, checking the scanner every few minutes to make sure it’s still up, but no crazed moa to be seen.

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

I couldn’t agree more to this. We’ve been waiting in Snowden Drifts killing every Moa in sight for about 2 hours and nothing. When we got to the map people were saying “Moa and Devourer dead, Arctodus next”, since we’d just finished killing the devourer we knew this was probably correct. We went to the Arctodus waypoint and there were people waiting… good sign, we thought.

Questions after questions from other players “moa dead?”, “moa next?”, “when does boss spawn?”. After about 30 minutes waiting for the Arc, people moved back to the Moa spawn area. Same stuff there including “Moa should’ve spawned by now”. Then Levvi’s device stopped showing ANYTHING.

This event is SO muddled and it is quite literally the blind leading the blind when it comes to players helping players where this is concerned. I know I’m not being ‘forced’ to do these events, but I do want to do them, I am just so royally confused by it all though.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

I’ve been in Tangled Depths for over 45 minutes waiting for the Wyvern. The device ahows, left to right, Arctodus, Wyvern, Shark. Now what does that mean? Five minutes ago the device started showing only the Wyvern?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’m only hearing frustrated and infuriated comments about these events:

• People don’t know if a creature will spawn or not.
  • The detector doesn’t help at all. There was an update note saying it got changed to say if a creature was killed. The detector does nothing different. It just show the current creatures regardless of where you are and what creatures where killed in the map already.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Levvi’s device is a masterpiece of bad design. It doesn’t even make sense in the game. Isn’t Levvi an asura? How could an asura design something so stupid?

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

b)Keep recommending it to friends and perhaps coworkers. There is very little chance of getting someone brand new to try out a free account, possibly leading to a purchase, if said player is so annoyed that they have nothing at that moment positive to say about said game. In fact, said player may even be capable of being so annoyed that they talk people out of trying it at all.

Just a note: Free to play accounts wouldn’t be able to access the LS3 content without a purchase.

Frustrations conveyed strongly though.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

This is unquestionably the worst designed event in all of GW 1 and GW 2. How could developers with any experience at all think this was well designed?

Khisanth.2948

At least this is now “fixable” now that Levvi’s Device correctly shows whether or not a creature has been killed on a particular map. It just takes someone to organize a big enough group.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

At least this is now “fixable” now that Levvi’s Device correctly shows whether or not a creature has been killed on a particular map. It just takes someone to organize a big enough group.

Does it really?

All I see is a tiny red cloud that you have no chance of seeing unless you are fully zoomed in, that pops up for a millisecond and then vanishes.

Perhaps the Devs thought that players would enjoy a ‘clever’ new puzzle game where players have to decode and identify the information contained in the little red cloud?

Khisanth.2948

Does it really?

All I see is a tiny red cloud that you have no chance of seeing unless you are fully zoomed in, that pops up for a millisecond and then vanishes.

Perhaps the Devs thought that players would enjoy a ‘clever’ new puzzle game where players have to decode and identify the information contained in the little red cloud?

There is an animal under each cloud. Standing on some sort of cliff edge and facing out is the ideal viewing location.