Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Manatee Nymph.8261

Manatee Nymph.8261

I’m a self confessed serial farmer, and my observations regarding this (lack of) “loot bug” is the following:

There’s definately a problem with rare / exotic world drops. As others mentioned: we used to get multiple rares per hour, but this has drastically gone down. You’re now lucky to get one rare for every hour farmed.

T6 mats also looks like it is dropping less, but I’m not keeping track of the amount of T6 drops as much as rares. So this is a guess at best.

However:
The droprates of blues/greens seems normal to me. I get tonnes of blues and greens, which is the core of my farming income. Farming 4-5 hourse easily nets me between 10 and 15g, which aint bad imo.

Another thing I’ve noticed though, is that DR seems to kick in much less since the update. Before the update, I’d hit DR very soon, but now, I can do a full 4hr farm “run” in mostly the same spot without hitting any DR whatsoever.

Anyway,
This is just my own observations.

Happy hunting.

TLDR: See bold.

nem·e·sis
/?nem?sis/
The inescapable or implacable agent of someone’s or something’s downfall.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Guys, remove your MF gear, it seems to work better as of right now. That’s my tip, try it for one farming session and see the difference.

There is definitely a problem and hope it’s look at.

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I guess some parts of their “Major Updates” only last 3 days.
Again, champion mobs are trashes with huge health pool.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Guys, remove your MF gear, it seems to work better as of right now. That’s my tip, try it for one farming session and see the difference.

Been there done that it isn’t the solution. Besides it is rather insulting that we have to keep guessing at what is wrong or what is going on, you’d think they would respect their customer base enough to at least keep us apprised of what is going on. 4 short days ago they said they would try to do better and communicate more turns out just that was just more pr.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So I’ve got some new data to report to the community.

Apparently MF works marginally in the open world environments now but only if you have 250% or above. So that means EVERY piece of your armor weapons and jewelry must have mf on it you have to have food, and you have to have the sigil of luck, but the biggest part is you HAVE to have a guild boost or you have to have the one from the store to reach this number.

The only way I know of to get to 250% and above is you absolutely need a buff from the store which is like 350 gems i think for just 1, or both guild buffs.

So it does seem to be a method of getting people to buy from the store. (especially those who are not in guilds) It’s also difficult to get the guild buffs since they are only temporary and cost so much of the guild resources just for 1-2 players to use the banners.

It’s messed up really it is.

Also I would suggest that if you want globs to drop semi-normally, send it to your character that has a mf set on, apparently at 196% they drop frequently enough to be closer to the older drop rate.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

tigirius.9014

In my experience so far, removing the mf gear doesn’t work as well as thought originally. I removed mine and got a temporary 2-3 better drops (1 of them was rare) but after about ten kills it was back to the horrible drop rate. So while this does change something, something delayed, it doesn’t appear to fix the issue imo.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Removing MF gear seems like a ridiculous statement and must be purely based on someones anecdotal evidence.

Based on my experience over the last week, rares are dropping less. That is of course unless I’m running the FotM dungeon. Seems like another stealth nerf they snuck in. The real question is why?

Posted by: namastex.8906

namastex.8906

Not only have the drop rates gone down for rares in the world, it is also harder to get a critical in the mystic forge. I used to grab piles of 64 items, throw them into the mystic forge and get around 3-5 crits on average. Now it seems like I will get 0-3 crits on average. This is why you see the prices of abyss dye so high right now, cause it’s very uncommon to even crit items let alone get 1 out of how ever many rare dyes there are. This is the same with many different types of items that you can upgrade in the forge.

tigirius.9014

Removing MF gear seems like a ridiculous statement and must be purely based on someones anecdotal evidence.

Based on my experience over the last week, rares are dropping less. That is of course unless I’m running the FotM dungeon. Seems like another stealth nerf they snuck in. The real question is why?

I can’t imagine why. Making this dungeon or any dungeon the sole way of making money or making crafted sets to me is just weird. They won’t endear the community they attracted to this game (you know the ones who stay for years rather then months and who actually pay money to the store) nor will they make money off of these dungeons (unless they mean to make it impossible to get gear without buying mf buffs from the store.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

The longer we wait to hear something, the more aggrivating this bug is … I am to the point where it is a chore to play because I need to put alot more time into farming just to make enough coin to do thew things I enjoy doing in this game.

Please ANet atleast let us know what is going on.

Did you really intentionally nerf drop rates to push people into fractals, just to say “hey, look how popular it is” …. one reason its so popular is because its the ONLY place to make decent coin.

Although, I did 2 stages of fractals today and both times did no even half fill my inv. Only made 60s all up out of the loot, and the one exotic I did get … no ectos from it

I am beginning to think this is a “selective” nerf because others are making coin out of fractals, my 1st 4 levels in fractals I made a boat load with full inv every stage. These 2 stages, only made a little bit in comparison. But I did do the 1st 4 stages of fractals on the event weekend.

I feel like I am being punished for my playing style, where I rely on myself to gather the materials I need, save the coin I need, and craft my own stuff where possible. And while the game allows you to do that, at this point in the game for me it is not contributing to the economy as much as someone who uses the TP for all their things. ANet is a business, and my current style of play does not make money for them. Later on it will as I get to the point where I have excesses and move those excesses to the TP, but for now it doesn’t.

ANet want to discourage anything that is not making them money, and this “bug” is certainly doing that. It is reducing supply of some items on the TP, increasing the cost o f those items. The higher the cost, the more gems that get bought, and the more money ANet sees. And it is disheartening that ANet will hurt the poorer playerbase in the game like this.

The least ANet can do is make a statement about it. The most they can do is fix it as quickly as they fixed bugs that some players benifited from.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’ve noticed it’s particularly some tier 6 materials which seem to never drop, like lodestones… (guess what? the stuff needed to make legendaries too) Even dungeon chests have begun to drop more cores instead of lodestones.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Melonamen.1275

Melonamen.1275

The longer we wait to hear something, the more aggrivating this bug is … I am to the point where it is a chore to play because I need to put alot more time into farming just to make enough coin to do thew things I enjoy doing in this game.

Please ANet atleast let us know what is going on.

Did you really intentionally nerf drop rates to push people into fractals, just to say “hey, look how popular it is” …. one reason its so popular is because its the ONLY place to make decent coin.

I might be wrong, but didn’t ANet already say in the AMA that loot drops were bugged and that they were being worked on? Like I said, I could be wrong, but if that’s correct what that what you were looking for?

wildcode.5403

I might be wrong, but didn’t ANet already say in the AMA that loot drops were bugged and that they were being worked on? Like I said, I could be wrong, but if that’s correct what that what you were looking for?

No, they said they needed to investigate the “percieved” lower drop rates, there way of saying that they think we’re imagining it. They did not say there was a bug with this, they would not say if it was intentional. The only thing they said was vets and champs should be dropping good loot, which they are not (when they do rop something).

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I might be wrong, but didn’t ANet already say in the AMA that loot drops were bugged and that they were being worked on?

You have to be careful about reading ANets official statements, we learned that not too long ago with the manifesto. What was said is that reports of perceived drops in loot drops are being investigated. “Perceived” is the keyword here, because that enables them to just go “huh, no, the drop rate is fine” when somebody asks.

“Due to the comparatively high level of rewards in FotM, the amount of loot players get from the open world is perceived to be much lower than it actually is. We will update the loot tables in FotM accordingly to eliminate the discrepancy between dungeon and open world loot.” – hypothetical ANet statement.

wildcode.5403

“Due to the comparatively high level of rewards in FotM, the amount of loot players get from the open world is perceived to be much lower than it actually is. We will update the loot tables in FotM accordingly to eliminate the discrepancy between dungeon and open world loot.” – hypothetical ANet statement.

There will be a much bigger outcry if that happened because:
a) there is lots of edivence showing that there is a problem with loot drops.
b) alot of the farmers moved to FotM because of the reduced open world loot.

The evidence is that there is certainly a reduced number of drops over a time period with particular events when compared to a simular period pre-Nov 15. Out of the drop you do get the overall quality is lower, much higher junk and crafting material %, much lower % of whites/blues/greens/yellow compared to pre-Nov 15.

This is even more evident with yellow drops when pre-Nov15 you could do events around pent/shelter and get 2-3 yellows an event. Now you are lucky to get one in a 2 hour time period.

wildcode.5403

This question was posed by someone else who asked me a hypothetical …. could of ANet changed the sensitivity of the deminished rewards code, made it more sensitive to help combat bots effecting the market.

This is quite possible, would explain so much, why all characters are effected. The problem with DR is that you have to farm to do certain things in the game, triggering the DR code, making you needing to farm more. And since according to WIKI you accrue points the more you “farm”, you would see this effect all aspects of your gaming experince even after you finish farming and switch characters/tasks.

According to WIKI these points are reset at the same time the dailies are so it would be interesting to test. But a straight up observation of this is that the 1st couple of events seem to do better than the rest of them.

tigirius.9014

There will be a much bigger outcry if that happened because:
a) there is lots of edivence showing that there is a problem with loot drops.
b) alot of the farmers moved to FotM because of the reduced open world loot.

The evidence is that there is certainly a reduced number of drops over a time period with particular events when compared to a simular period pre-Nov 15. Out of the drop you do get the overall quality is lower, much higher junk and crafting material %, much lower % of whites/blues/greens/yellow compared to pre-Nov 15.

This is even more evident with yellow drops when pre-Nov15 you could do events around pent/shelter and get 2-3 yellows an event. Now you are lucky to get one in a 2 hour time period.

The nerf definitely happened long before nov 16th.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I’m out until they fix this crap. It’s a game and atm it’s kill a mob for zero reward.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

I have killed lots of vets in Sunstone with zero drops, and zero drops on about 55% of the regular mobs (with 70%MF). If I am reading in these forums that someone suggests 250% MF, I am really confused about basic math. Wouldn’t anything above 100 be a waste?

I don’t craft everything I need int he game, and enjoy hunting mobs for drops, or “farming” as it is called. That seems in keeping with the game mechanics to me.

I don’t really like the new drop rate (is is real, not perceived) and I do not like DR. It is a lazy way to render bots slightly less effective.

They need to address this ASAP.

wildcode.5403

I truely dont understand why there is a DR when parts of this game require “farming” if you dont have the coin to buy from the TP. And for the item to be on the TP, someone has to “farm” it.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

If this bug was in our favor they would of hot patched it by now

This.
If it was something in favour to the players and not against it, it would have been patched in a second.

God forbid we’ll have a little fun.

wildcode.5403

Just to let you guys know, a 2h old thread in this forum stating an increase in drop rate was not long ago responded to by a Mod … meanwhile we still wait to hear about this one, and I am still only getting a few white/blue/green items per event giving me about 50s per hour, as of 5 mins ago. I am still getting alot of junk and crafting materials compared to when loot drops were working normally.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, we are aware of the existance of this thread and the conflict it creates with the other thread. We are gathering feedback on both (and currently, this one seems to be ahead) so we can roll out the possibility of it simply being some good or bad luck with drops.

Please keep the feedback flowing in, and rest assured that we do forward this issues to the team.

Thanks for your understanding and your cooperation

Posted by: Telis.4189

Telis.4189

Farmed for the last 5hrs, not even close to being fixed.

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, we are aware of the existance of this thread and the conflict it creates with the other thread. We are gathering feedback on both (and currently, this one seems to be ahead) so we can roll out the possibility of it simply being some good or bad luck with drops.

Please keep the feedback flowing in, and rest assured that we do forward this issues to the team.

Bad luck? Are you serious? So all the ppl here complaining about the quality of drops, after dozens of hours farming the last two weeks with almost any valuable drop than junk or white items with full magic find have just bad luck? Even when the champs and vets do not drop ANYTHING while in the the patch notes it is said that they should drop ALWAYS something. Wow..really. wow… so you are able to gather information so fast and do a quick hotfix when something is in our favor and make some gold….but when there is a bug and ppl are punished by it and can’t get anything valuable you always take you time…gaaatheeer slowwlllyyyy informaaatiooonnnn and do nothing since 2 weeks. AWESOME.

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Dear Moderator,

Pray tell, what kind of feedback can possibly exclude “bad luck”? As I see it, “luck” is random so whatever the feedback would be, it can always be attributed to “percieved” “bad luck”.

3hrs of farming, finishing map in Fireheart Rise and Iron Marches. No rares or exotics (excluding those for finishing the map), and I vendored items ONCE. Before nerf, I had to go to vendor at least four times per map to empty my bags. I run with knight set + pirate&traveller runes, opal jewellery, lotus fries. I have no other option – it is my only set and I cannot craft another because of the abysmal drops.

With my amount of MF before the bug I was getting 2-3 rares per half an hour event in Orr. Sometimes just one rare, sometimes up to four, averaging on two I expected it to take me about two months of farming to get 250 ecto I need for a legendary. Now it is one rare per 2-3 hours. Same half an hour used to net me full bags of other loot types (I also had to deposit craftables and salvage frayed fragments etc because my bags overflowed). Now I have to do it maybe once in two hours of farming. Amount of junk pre-bug was like 10 porous bones per half-hour, now its up to 30 in the same timeframe.

All of my guildmates are experiencing the same problems.

The only place where bad luck does not seem to function is fractals, where we manage to have some rare loot. But at the same time MF seems to be detrimental to drops there, as my guildmates without MF tend to have twice the rares I am getting with my amount of MF (see above). Strangely enough, I am consistntly getting Vials of Mist Essence where they are getting none (three vials in two days vs their 0 vials in the same amount of time in the same party) – seems the vials are not in loot tables with other drops but are calculated separately?

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

I stopped farming Cursed shore altogether due to this DR nonsense. Why should I get ridiculous junk stuff, having paid hundreds of dollars on gems to convert to gold, so I can buy MF gear for farming? That’s right, hundreds of dollars, since I believed I was helping Anet in future content, etc. Now I just left farming completely and stick to WvWvW, and guess what! One badge per maybe 3-4 kills against previous 2 badges per kill. I’ve been a fanboy through all forums and all hate-posts with hopes that they’d fix things soon and assuring haters of the same. Now I feel ashamed of even trying to do that. I’m sorry, but I am not paying anymore till I’m assured that there won’t be a single porous kitten dropping from any mob, and nothing less than a rare from each mob. Get rid of RNG and DR crap. DR doesn’t hurt bots since they just mindlessly farm for days without getting tired. They’re not spending real-world money and time and energy farming, its us real human beings, and we’re being punished for having fun as the manifesto said we would. We’re all done with smelling roses and looking at the scenery, and just want our loot, yes the kittening LOOT. I don’t expect new content or toymaker bullkitten for wintersday and anything else. Get the basics fixed in the existing content. You’re just killing the game and the company’s reputation eventually with this “dodge this” attitude. Many already left to Planetside 2 and such, so yeah, I doubt if this game would live long enough if something isn’t done about these DR and RNG issues.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Hi everyone,

Get rid of the luck factor, seriously! If you want your playerbase happy, get rid of the kittening luck factor and RNG. Its hurting your players and your game in the long run. Are you guys really aware of something called customer satisfaction? Don’t you see hundreds of thousands of dissatisfied customers crying out loud for improved stuff? Instead you announce more new bullcrap gem store purchases and some new content nobody cares about, and let me guess, more one-time events? I should’ve given up with this game after I missed Lost shores final event due to being cursed with living in a different timezone, so automatically I’m a second class citizen according to Anet’s standards and I don’t get to participate and get a “chance” to get my rewards. Again RNG there! Who in their right state of mind ever thought of having that kitten in this game? This is my first MMO and is leaving a disgustingly bad taste in my mouth after sinking hours into it!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

There seems to have been some misunderstanding regarding my words.

When I said “good or bad luck” I didn’t mean that the people of this thread specifically are having bad luck. I meant it regarding the other thread about “increased drop rates”. As there is a conflict between these two threads there is were I was aiming luck to come into play. It might have been a poor choice of words and I beg your pardon if it infuriated any of you.

Thanks

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We are gathering feedback on both (and currently, this one seems to be ahead) so we can roll out the possibility of it simply being some good or bad luck with drops.

…you mean, you still aren’t sure one way or the other? It’s not like it is a recent development…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

Phaneo stop going off topic
this is not topic for do we like luck or not but for pure % decrease in drop and devs must see that not some QQ about luck

Posted by: ArkisTruefire.1746

ArkisTruefire.1746

Agreed the amount of QQing is insane. It’s no wonder less and less designers want to communicate. All the rage all the time. Just look at the crafting forums and the DE forums. It’s surprising the dungeon forum still has a designer that talks.

Anyway what I think the mod meant was that they were trying to see if people were having “good luck with drops with the current state of [bad/bugged] drop rates” rather than everyone in this thread having bad luck =P.

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

If Anet has any testers devoted to testing live servers, they should have already noticed that issue, unless they only do fractals and pvp. I am ready to spend my free time to group with these people and show them the locations I usually farm in. I am prepared to screenshot my progress with timestamp if needed. Only that is a moot point if the company is hellbent on closing their eyes on the issue and the bug was artificially introduced to aquire some gemstore effect for the company. Whatever I do now, however I try to prove that drop rates had gone down, I cannot do it – because I never thought to record my progress before the Nov 15. No comparison – no proof. Just “bad luck”, I guess, eh?

Also, I believe we have to heavily stress that the problem IS NOT tied to rare/exo loot only or the drop from veterans and champions, otherwise they can opt to change it maybe, leaving T6 mats drop in the same sorry state it is now.

The problem concerns ALL the loot types, the only exception is junk which actually drops with higher rate than before, maybe because it drops when the “normal” loot used to drop.

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

wildcode.5403

The Numbers are in, ok, lets look at some numbers from just before the drop rate bug from15 simular event

total drops = 365
% white drops = 19%
% blue drops = 18%
% green drops = 7%
% yellow drops = 1% (Note: I was having issues with yellow drops when this was done)
% junk = 34%
% fines/salvagable/bags = 21%

Now simular 15 events today
total drops = 307
% white drops = 9%
% blue drops = 5%
% green drops = 6%
% yellow drops = 1%
% junk = 20%
% fines/salvagable/bags = 59%

Analisys:
- 16% decrease in total number of drops
(When comparing % of drops)
- 10% decrease in white drops
- 13% decrease in blue drops
- 1% decrease in green drops
- 0% change in yellow drops
- 14% decrease in junk drops
- 38% increase in fines/salvagable/bags drops

Conclusion:
Drops have definitely declined since just before the Nov 15 patch, with their make up also changing. The numbers dont lie. On the up side, we are getting more crafting materials now. This is why inv is taking longer to fill, because you are getting alot more stackable items than before, and alot less of the non-stackable ones. Because people tend to bank crafting mats and only merch junk/white/blue/green items, you also end up with a much lower income from these drops.

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

Hey wildcode I also want to point one more thing
this is from official lost shores patch notes on wiki

“The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.”

just yesterday I killed 3 champions 1 dropped 1 silver other 2 dropped nothing and btw I soloed 2 and last one I got help from 1 person
It is clear that at least this part is not working as intended !

(edited by Riel.2160)

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

lol – 335 people took the time out to report that drops are less than they should be. Thousands (read the view numbers) have looked into the thread and it took weeks for a mod to acknowledge the thread even existed. What is the response – ah well there has been another thread reporting an increase so we’re not sure who is right. The thread in question they are comparing this to – 5 people, that’s right FIVE people saying they got lucky on a couple of yellows in one run. So 335-5 and they are not sure who is correct ? Also why is when FIVE people say the loot is better than expected they get a response almost immediately ?

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Thank god someone has finally taken notice of these threads.

Ever since the 15th patch the drop rate of rares has been absolutely awful. EVERYONE farming Cursed Shore can atest to this. It’s not subtle, either, we’re getting 1/4th the amount of rares we used to get, after a patch that supposed to increase the numbers.

wildcode.5403

Hey wildcode I also want to point one more thing
this is from official lost shores patch notes on wiki

“The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.”

just yesterday I killed 3 champions 1 dropped 1 silver other 2 dropped nothing and btw I soloed 2 and last one I got help from 1 person
It is clear that at least this part is not working as intended !

Yes I agree, but dont have numbers to back this up except my experience which is before Nov 15 I rarely got loot from some champs and vets, and after the patch I still rarely get loot from those same champs and vets.

Posted by: nic.5720

nic.5720

I posted this a few days ago in;

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-is-Causing-People-Not-To-Play-GW2/860287

Diminishing returns… When I’m playing PvE, I want to feel that it’s actually worth it.

A month or so ago in the cursed shore, I was almost guaranteed to pick up one or more gold items an hour helping push my returns to somewhere between one to two gold an hour overall. In addition to karma, experience and crafting mats.

In a couple of hours in The Cursed Shore today… I got some experience, some karma, a few crafting mats, three goody bags, three salvage items, twenty or so porous bones, four or five spider legs, about ten white items, about ten blues and one… yes I repeat, one green item!

For a total value after sale to vendors of approximately thirty to forty silver!
All done without Magic Find gear… Which, whenever I’ve used it seems to make little or no difference anyway.

Overall I can safely say that to me, Orr is a chore! Even more so now than before.

It feels as if my lvl 80 toon, a professional hero… you know the one that beat Zhaitan and saved Tyria (with Trehearne hanging on my coat tails, stealing all the glory), has gone from earning a six figure salary to minimum wage!

If this is how Anet think that heroes should be valued in Tyria, then why should I bother! What’s in it for me? It’s not rewarding. It’s not fun!

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

Let’s see, logged on and was just in time for Plinx event – didn’t do anything except killed two mobs ( :O ) before, so no DR. In Plinx event I got 21 (!!!) porous bones, some blues and one green and i think 3 bags… Logged out and will wait for my friends to come so we can go to fractals together and hope to gods someone doesn’t get disconnected.

I’m sorry I don’t like to complain but it’s really not fair that this thread got attention only because of the other thread which reported good drops, this thread is older… And that “this one SEEMS ahead” well it shouldn’t seem ahead, it should be ahead, looked at and at least someone could tell the players if it’s a bug or not. Oh yeah, before I logged out there was a champion abomination – didn’t drop anything, so…

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

There is a thread reporting increased droprates? Anyway, this is beyond bad luck. This is a bug (or intended, but I hope anet arent that dumb).

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: velestra.9415

velestra.9415

getting more and more bored of this, how about you guys just admit you nerf any money gain to get more money of gemstore.

im totally fine with pay to win, but its a joke u nerf the droprates and dont add any viable options besides running an boring instance for hours.

i love the wvw you guys made and when im bored of this i go for some farming on my own or spam some events.

first u add dr on loot, then u lower the droprate every week.

nothing to do with luck when u kill 20 npcs and get junkloot of maybe 2-3
before cursed shore even with bad luck you could make 2-4 yellows an hour, now we hardly get 1 while killing tons of npcs in full mf gear/guildbuff/ occasional mf boost of gemstore

every time u add new insane recipe and lower droprates, so its either you buy gems and convert to gold or GRIND for months.

i dont mind grinding, but i do mind wasting my time killing npcs which hold zero loot.
sidenote lower quality pile of putrid essence to green, since droprate is so low, we dont need and 1 silver item sharing loottable with other rares.

to sum it up revert this changes, you dont even have to admit you did them.

wildcode.5403

I hope what I posted earlier shows ANet that it is a bug and that it is not bad luck with the RNG. I hope ANet sees that it is hurting open world. I hope ANet understands that this problem is every where in open world and new characters are not immune to it, infact they suffer more because they get less drops of the much needed upgrades that they need as they level up. I hope ANet understands that it is hurting the market as the price of items like ectos continue to rise because of a lack of supply this bug is generating. Even “rare” items have gone up in price to reflect ecto prices. I hope ANet sees that as a result of this bug and the increased cost of crafting exotic armor, the community has to “farm”/grind even more to obtain crafted exotic items, and it is even worse for those grinding for legendaries.

And I really hope ANet responds to this to express to the community that they are listening, that they understand our pain, and when we can expect a fix.

Posted by: DevonPaul.7495

DevonPaul.7495

Hi everyone,

“Roll out the possibility of it simply being some good or bad luck with drops”

Seriously? The game is not some mystical creation, it is a coded piece of software, the loot tables are coded, the content managers/developers know exactly what the loot parameters are.

“Possibility” – surely you KNOW what is happening within the game, it hasn’t taken on some advanced form of artificial intelligence and is now "manufacturing loot percentages on the fly?

What an absolutely ridiculous statement, demeaning to anyone that plays this game. Implying that you (ANET) are not aware that there is a bug (or maladjustment) to loot drops is incredible. Tell you what, go in Map chat in high level zones, and 50% of the messages being pinged are about “Why isn’t any loot dropping”, hell, I did Arah yesterday, and nothing dropped for the first 3 phases (The story part where you have to collect the orbs), nothing at all.

Reality – It now costs £100+ in gems to craft the ascended backpack – Go figure

I find the moderators statement quite insulting and referencing a thread with five (Yes 5) posts saying “Wow loot drops are great” against a 7 or 8 page thread saying “er guys, somethings bugged with the loot” is the icing on the cake.

“Veterans and Champions now drop something” – No they dont, period, no discussion, no debate, 80% of Champions and Veterans drop zero, nada, zilch or nothing.

Not buying gems ANET, I am not going to buys gems just so I can craft armour for WvW, because thats pay to win and YOU PROMISED in your MANIFESTO that there would be NO PAY TO WIN.

Posted by: Dark Slayer.6251

Dark Slayer.6251

I like to farm, Im going for my legendary and im pretty close. Now its starting to feel more and more out of reach. I used to farm orr events cause I really liked farming there and the income was pretty good. I also farmed elsewhere but mobs were more plentiful in orr. Now farming doesn’t even feal worth it. So i just dont farm much anymore.

Some times I get mad and frustrated after farming 10+ events and getting absolutely nothing worth my time. I used to walk away from orr after a cupple of hours with some ecto and a bunch of mats to craft stuff with.

I kind of like fractals but not enough to farm it. Me and my friends do dungeons everyday. (mostly AC) And I get more 10X more money doing them then I do farming now.

So now days I get on and wait around for my friends to get on so I can make some money. I used to get on and farm until they got on.

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

Same for me, I just wait for friends then we go to dungeons, usually fractals cos the best loot is there. I just hope the “fix” won’t be to nerf dungeons to same level as open world…

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

lol – 335 people took the time out to report that drops are less than they should be. Thousands (read the view numbers) have looked into the thread and it took weeks for a mod to acknowledge the thread even existed. What is the response – ah well there has been another thread reporting an increase so we’re not sure who is right. The thread in question they are comparing this to – 5 people, that’s right FIVE people saying they got lucky on a couple of yellows in one run. So 335-5 and they are not sure who is correct ? Also why is when FIVE people say the loot is better than expected they get a response almost immediately ?

Apparently, rare loot dropping too often is considered a major issue. While close to never dropping seems to be a minor issue. In their judgement.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

tigirius.9014

It’s amazing isn’t it? I’ve been talking about this in the forums for weeks now and people are still talking about luck.

Let me repeat myself for the umpteenth time, bad luck does not suddenly happen on this scale (meaning it’s impossible in a completely random scenario to see 95% of the populus suddenly have the same bad luck all at once). Algorithms used in the drop rates are NOT absolutely random they are always +- a variable and can always be manipulated. And finally, MF has to be an astronomical number just to get anything and even then rares don’t drop like they should with such a high percentag, I’d expect that when you have a MF of above 100% that it makes tier 5 materials drop at the very least 90% of the time, or is someone here going to create a new myth that somehow the mob I’m killing suddenly lost all it’s blood, skin, and bodily organs (venom sacks), and clothing (if humanoid) upon dying? Zhevra hooves anyone?

There those myths should be dead now once and for all.

wildcode.5403

At least we got some response from someone, but not the response we really need.

Chris or someone else needs to do a follow up to let us know what is happening. Have they investigated it? Are they seeing the same issues we are? What additional information do they need to help pin it down? Stuff like that, and anything else that would help expodite a resolution. The longer we hear nothing, the more frustrating it gets.

Chris wanted greater communication with the community, what a great place to start and let us help them resolve this quickly.

I have been playing ALL skritten Day in Cursed Shore just trying to make 4G to get some armor skins off the TP … more than 8 hours … and I still have another 50s to go so close yet it seems so far. Someone said it earlier, with this bug, Orr is a chore. I work really hard to get little rewards. And then once I have the 4G for the armor skins I got to do it all again tomorrow just so I have some coin on that character to waypoint and repair with. No, I dont need the armor skins, but I’m trying to do what one of the selling points of this game was … fully customizable armor, and with this bug, it makes it a grind to make happen.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

with over 1.1k hour played and 2 legendaries farmed. I’ve spent countless times before and after this nerf..

It is NOT profitable to farm open world events with the new loot tables. I personally told this way before when none of these threads were on and guess what? 3-4 people replied oh you had bad luck.

I really believe i have a good feeling of the average and it is been bugged for weeks now. I stopped farming events and spending my time farming other places when i found it out. ( thankfully i noticed fast so i still made gold for legendary).

If any dev wants to see if its luck or not check my farm for last month. You surely can do that. You surely can see the average changing suddenly.

When you farm 10 hours a day you really hardly get a lucky or unlucky day. The loots were broken around the same days with unid dye drop rate change (leaded it to be 1s on TP then was fixed.)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Overall-drop-rate-question/first#post666628 my topic.

(edited by tyu.9470)