Charr and Asura female precursor armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Even without the issues of fairness or whatever, the armor just looks awkward. That’s it. I don’t even care about the “equality” or perceived sex ism, or whatever. I’m sure they’re all good points. I just can’t get past how incredibly weird the breast cups look on those armors.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes please change it.

It currently looks very odd for two races without breasts to have those cups. They would look much better having just the male version of the armor. Thank you for considering this!

Posted by: Sparkyopteryx.3427

Sparkyopteryx.3427

Considering the options are either one or the other, I would much prefer it changed to the male variant. From a cultural and physiological standpoint, it makes much more sense.

Posted by: Sousuke.7268

Sousuke.7268

Yes please. It looks absolutely terrible on Charr and Asura. I don´t mind more feminine armors on both of them, but boob cups are a step way, wayyyy too far.

Also, as a personal plea, please take Asura Toes, ears, and Charr Tails and horns a bit more seriously. It`s silly that some outfits have perfect molds for both of those things, yet LEGENDARY armor precursor clips all over the place.

Thanks.

Posted by: Requiemcliff.1920

Requiemcliff.1920

I’d honestly say yes, with how Asura and Charr designs, the breast cups for non-existent breasts seem rather wierd for the females.

Thank you for considering the change to be honest.

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Yes, please change the breastplate to the male version for female charr and asura.

Posted by: TastyTofu.3597

TastyTofu.3597

I just want more females armors on female asura. Not the obviously ‘made for the round jubblies’ armor some of the sets are, but take the conjurer set for example. Why not just have a wrap around the female asuras chest? I’unno. Probably too much work.

Posted by: miles.5961

miles.5961

Please don’t. It’s already hard enough to find a decent armor that looks different compared to the male versions for female Charrs and Asuras. I get disappointed that most of the outfits for female Asuras share the same exact model as the male versions, including the racial armor for them as well, while the much more humanoid races get to enjoy the best of both worlds. However, I would really darn appreciate it if a redesign for the precursor/legendary armor could be considered for these races, as it’s only fair for them to get a unique model due to how special and legendary the armor is. Just my thoughts.

Posted by: slavyd.9572

slavyd.9572

Please keep the original designs. I’m sick of seeing someone’s artistic visions altered to pander to different groups of people.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Yes, change it please, it’s ridiculous, female charr and asura are not humans.

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

Yes, change it to male version or reshape chestplate to more covering, flat version.

Posted by: Blaise Verridor.3721

Blaise Verridor.3721

yes please, armour with breast plates on asura and charr look ridiculous.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Six or none!

A more sleek version tailored for Charr and Asura females would allow for some femininity without looking like they’d just been stuffed into the ported over male chestplate.

But either would be an improvement over boobplate on races that don’t even have boobs.

It really makess the ridiculousness of sexualising only one genders armour more obvious when you see it outside the accepted humanoid female context eh?

MO’s thread touches on another topic: Should there be 2 plates or 6 on female charr. It seems we should call for a Reddit Q & A with lore Devs on what asura and charr anatomy should be.

As I stated before, I personally think that if you have a human-like creature (charr, asura, skritt, centaur, etc), they should all have human-like features.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

All my asura wants is to look feminine, not human.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

Yes. I appreciate armor that makes sense in this case. Although boob plates don’t make any sense to begin with, the logic is exacerbated further when they’re used on a race without boobs.

Suspending one’s belief is only fun up to a point.

Posted by: Levi.3690

Levi.3690

While I’d love a few more feminine options for female charr and asura, (like the exemplar attire and the wedding outfit) this really doesn’t work. It looks quite rather ridiculous on them. I’m not that thrilled with giving them the male option either, but it’s better than what we have now.

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I only really have issues with the Light armor versions, the rest seem fine if you ask me.

However, I can’t say the same for OTHER armors or outfits you’ve made with the female variants that I do wish had also followed suit with the male counterpart for unification.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Dashrider.9360

Dashrider.9360

why not just let us choose in game which version we want. whether male or female.

I am not a number!
I am a MAN!
YOU are number 6…

Posted by: caduceator.7295

caduceator.7295

Yes, please change it. I hate boobplate in general (esp. since wearing it would make your sternum cave in if you got hit in the chest—hardly functional armor) but giving it to races that don’t have boobs at all is ridiculous. There are ways to make armor feminine without just making it skimpier and adding boobplate.

Also, all three variants of the boots currently remove asura toes or have them clipping through…this is legendary armor, and given the pricetag it’d be appreciated if there was equal effort put in to make it fit all races.

Posted by: shaniqua.3792

shaniqua.3792

Please change it yes please, please please! If yall wanna put boob cups on a fem charr, six or nothing. I’m all for more feminine things on fem charr, but like can it be “feminine” in charr standards? not human ones?

Posted by: Wojo.7906

Wojo.7906

My order of preference:

1. New feminine skin for Asura/Charr that don’t have human boobplates.

1.5. Holes for tails, ears/horns, and toes/claws.

2. The current male armor skin.

3. What you have in-game now.

Posted by: Sabretooth.2983

Sabretooth.2983

Yes please, single charr and asura version based on the male model. Also please do so for every outfit and armor skins aside from the wedding outfit while we’re at it.

Posted by: Asbjorn.5139

Asbjorn.5139

No.

Sure, some people aren’t much for the more feminine look for their charr or asura. But I personally really, really like that there’s finally a good looking feminine option for my asura. She looks really cute with it on.
I really hate the male version, it looks really ugly on asura. So if people really want to get rid of the current female version, at least make a new one. I for sure won’t bother with the armor, if the female version is made to look identical to the male variation… That’s for sure.

Posted by: OneBigPear.1249

OneBigPear.1249

My preference would be gender differentiated armour for female Charr and Asura, but not direct ports of the Humanoid armours. Something that better fits their cultures.
Nothing elaborate, mind you, maybe just tweaks to male versions, or a blending of some sort?

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Hello Mo,

Contrary to popular belief, your game models for flame legion charr (Gaheron to be exact) have been proven the charr have two nipples on their chest along with pecks. Female charr do not have prominent breasts so the breastplates do seem off. But female asura, along with male asura, do have breasts/mounds up there.

I’m worried this might lead to already established skins being changed for asura when people have already grown attached to them, no matter how much they cover or reveal. People do like solid and elegant pieces but a bit of skin shown isn’t necessarily a bad thing, either. For the charr race especially, your game has showcased concept art way before GW2 launched that showed the charr wearing revealing armor that shows off their fur patterns but those are few in-game. People do want to show off their fur patterns, skin patterns, norn tattoos, etc.

Another thing that worries me is how loose the design for the armor tied to these races. As you can see, people seem quite persuaded that charr should have “six or nothing” when so far you’ve been designing it for two. What IS the charr anatomy? Asura anatomy seems straight forward with females having small breasts and males having pecks, both justifying some design to accommodate for those things when it comes to armor. But some armor sets you’ve designed have no holes for their ears, small or large, and the toes on the boots clip right through.

Thank you for asking us but I doubt the voice of the forums should speak for those in-game. You may think it’s too early for anyone to grow attached to these skins but some people might actually be looking to design their characters’ looks on those brand new skins

Good luck and thanks again

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Yes. While I don’t mind giving charr and asura the female variant of certain armor sets, these don’t fit with their anatomy in the slightest.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: ShadowGirl.2687

ShadowGirl.2687

Yes, please, and fix charr tail clipping. If this is going to be an important armor then please don’t give us yet another set that doesn’t fit the models properly. We know charr aren’t the favorite, but a little thoughtfulness would be gratefully appreciated.

Posted by: Mac.8296

Mac.8296

Yes, please change this ridiculous armor.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m not opposed to having female model armors on female charr and asura, but this particular armor piece just looked bad on charr and asura. So, I think in this case, the male model would look better.

For the record, though, I also don’t care for the boob-plate on norn, humans, or sylvari, but that’s just because it’s not my personal style.

Posted by: Takacha.6780

Takacha.6780

Six or none!

A more sleek version tailored for Charr and Asura females would allow for some femininity without looking like they’d just been stuffed into the ported over male chestplate.

But either would be an improvement over boobplate on races that don’t even have boobs.

It really makess the ridiculousness of sexualising only one genders armour more obvious when you see it outside the accepted humanoid female context eh?

I agree. The best would be a slight rework of the armour – I mean its LEGENDARY armour, not some random skin …
but please please dont leave it with these weird boobplates …

Posted by: Zoltea.6978

Zoltea.6978

I say yes as I play primarily female charrs and I’ve enjoyed their armor matching their physique, I’ve also always been skeptical of their chest cloth when armorless.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Ideally, something like how many of the outfits haven been handled would be nice -- still use the female styles for female characters, but don’t apply rounded areas where there are none on the character.

For example, the wedding outfits, the Exemplar Attire, the Imperial outfit, and others look perfectly fine and nice using the female style on charr and asura instead of the male without also attempting to apply human breasts to the character.

That said those aren’t "boobplate", so perhaps they are not fair comparisons.

In any case, it’s my opinion that the male version would be a better choice than what is currently presented.

Also, as mentioned, if you can spare anyone, anyone at all, the majority of armor clips tails terribly.

(edited by synk.6907)

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Yes it absolutely should be changed to male or flat chest armour. It looks completley ABSURD at the moment. Utterly ridiculous looking.

Posted by: Pyrios.2856

Pyrios.2856

I honestly would say No, as after all this time I actually quite liked the idea that there is now an armour set that is gender specific on Charr and Asura.

Posted by: Mage of Void.7963

Mage of Void.7963

Yes please change it.

Gwendolyn Maeve – Sylvari Ranger – HoD

Posted by: scrytchyns.2014

scrytchyns.2014

Yes. Please swap the armor on Asura and Charr. Or at least give Charr 3 bras if you’re going to insist on sexualizing cat teats.

As the design stands currently it just gives me another reason not to bother with raids since the skins are awful.

To be quite honest I’d love it if we could see less bras, boob-plates, boulder-holders, or whatever label you choose to apply to these overly revealing chest pieces. Not to mention I’d love an actual pair of pants for my non-Charr and non-Asura light armor wearing women. My only option right now is either tier 1 Norn cultural armor or a pair of harem pants.

I have nothing against making your character look cute or fun or sexy, but it’d be nice to at least have the option to go in to battle and actually look like I’ve prepared for fighting.

Posted by: Baby Hughy.7549

Baby Hughy.7549

Yes, please change it.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Mo, how do you know most of these people here even play female asura or charr? Or rather, they aren’t from the thread complaining about boob plates in general?

But seriously, we are advocating for LESS content in the game, because right now we have a kitten choice. If you want the male model, why not play a male asura or charr? Why not give us choice?

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

Change it to the male variant or redo it entirely. Female Asura and Charr are intelligent trend-setters that deserve to have their racial characteristics respected in their Legendary Armor.

It is HIGHLY inappropriate to have our LEGENDARY armor set be this shamefully misogynistic, fetishistic, oversexualized Barbie doll stripper outfit. Anet of all developers should know better by now.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Think it looks great on asura, bout time they got something that actually looks feminine that wasn’t a bloody outfit, sad that it’s something I’ll never get thanks to the crappy endgame content designs that require it, and that it’s something so… overtly female, but not everything has to be subtle, different strokes and all that.

It does admittedly look ridiculous on charr though and I would recommend switching theirs to the male version.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: TheProfessor.7012

TheProfessor.7012

Please change it to the male version.

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Bronze Scout § Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Ebax.1320

Ebax.1320

Ditch the battle bikini for the charr and asura and use the male model for ’em please.

Normally I’d be all for the asura and charr getting the female armor, but this specific set just looks downright bizarre on them. Even setting my distaste of battle bikini armor aside, it’s just not something that looks good on these two races who have little in the way of sexual dimorphism. I play those races in part so I can avoid the boobplate look, so getting it on a new set is a bit disheartening.

I’d give a heck yes to more ‘feminine’ clothing on asura and charr, but not like this.

Edit: alternatively, I’d love to have some option in the far-flung future where you could pick either gender’s skin but that is by no means a priority.

(edited by Ebax.1320)

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

why not just let us choose in game which version we want. whether male or female.

This should be an option for all armor types for all races. If my male norn wants to wear a dress, I should be able to pick that in my wardrobe.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Yes. Please don’t show cleavage on my cat-cows! (or asuras)

It looks as ridiculous as this…

Attachments:

Posted by: Pangolin.9365

Pangolin.9365

I definitely vote to change them. It just doesn’t seem to make any sense to put boob plates on two races that don’t have boobs? There are other ways to go about making sexy or feminine armor I’m sure that’d better suit their own anatomy.

Posted by: mirrorcle.5709

mirrorcle.5709

I advocate for more choices, so no.

Posted by: Krimz.2640

Krimz.2640

No, I would rather you adapt a female variant to charr and asura body types. As someone who plays mostly asura, one of the biggest turn-offs to the game is the lack of variety in the armor and outfits available to my characters.

Putting them into a copy-paste male variant feels about as cheaply done to me as what we’re currently presented with. This is legendary armor. People are probably going to work hard to obtain it. At least make it worthwhile it by providing something unique?

(edited by Krimz.2640)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Pictures, for those who haven’t seen this armor on female Asura and Charr.

imo it should be changed to male armor, at least on the chest plate.

Wow, those look horrid..

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Sketch.9245

Sketch.9245

yes please swap them! my favorite feature of the charr and asura is that each gender shared the same armor models. and those boob plates just look funny! male models yes please!

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

boob plate on an asura is the worst thing ever. Do whatever it takes to get rid of it.

Honestly, though, this is legendary armor. You should make female armor that is specifically for asura/charr rather than just copying the male armor.

(edited by reikken.4961)