Charr and Asura female precursor armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

sigh…. once again we get male version of armor…

A forum vote was such a lame idea since most ppl who are not happy with something are the ones who are usually on the forums.

You could have at least set it so we can choose ingame between male and female versions…

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

A forum vote was such a lame idea since most ppl who are not happy with something are the ones who are usually on the forums.

You could have at least set it so we can choose ingame between male and female versions…

I think If I were to see a charr running around in-game with boob-cups, I’d hurl a little inside.

NSPride <3

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Male version please. Even though male armor is ugly compared to female armor, female armor looks ridiculous on beast races.

But that doesn’t mean beast races should only get unisex armor! If we only get unisex armor, then humans, norns, and sylvari should only get unisex armor too.

That way you only have to design 5 sets of armor and you can make sure everyone looks good, not just those who happen to have breasts.

Men, asura, and charr are people too.

Zavve.8205

I think If I were to see a charr running around in-game with boob-cups, I’d hurl a little inside.

You can design feminine armor without breasts which I am sure you are aware. Anet just does not have the ability or skill to do so, so they just take the easy route and give asura male versions alot of the time.

I don’t play charr anyways so I don’t know what their situation is.

Razor.9872

You can design feminine armor without breasts which I am sure you are aware. Anet just does not have the ability or skill to do so, so they just take the easy route and give asura male versions alot of the time.

Exactly.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Thanks for voting and commenting. We’ve read through everything you’ve posted here.

Among people who expressed a clear preference for one of the options, about 230 people prefer to make the change, versus about 40 who prefer to leave it as is. We’ll make the change.

We’re also going to work on cleaning up the Charr tail clipping. And then our focus has to be on shipping the full legendary set.

Thanks everyone!
Mo

The biggest offender for charr are helmets. Helmets should cover a neck, not just head while at same time removing hairs for no reason.. Good example how helmets should look like is is tier 3 cultural heavy. If you can desing different armor for both male&female humans i fail to understand why you cant desing a proper helmet for charr.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Anet certainly has the skill, I’m confident in that. I just wish they would spend more effort on charr and asura females.

Adapt the armor to still look feminine on charr and asura. Perhaps substitute the top for a chest wrap or something.

I know they can. They just don’t, and it’s a real shame. It was Anet’s design to make the charr and asura a playable race, they should at least make the effort to better adapt feminine armor for them without going the “let’s just give them the male version” route.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Thanks for voting and commenting. We’ve read through everything you’ve posted here.

Among people who expressed a clear preference for one of the options, about 230 people prefer to make the change, versus about 40 who prefer to leave it as is. We’ll make the change.

We’re also going to work on cleaning up the Charr tail clipping. And then our focus has to be on shipping the full legendary set.

Thanks everyone!
Mo

The biggest offender for charr are helmets. Helmets should cover a neck, not just head while at same time removing hairs for no reason.. Good example how helmets should look like is is tier 3 cultural heavy. If you can desing different armor for both male&female humans i fail to understand why you cant desing a proper helmet for charr.

And this is why I always have my headgear hidden on every toon. It’s distracting when hair, ears, and/or horns disappear from every race I play, like they suddenly become bald (actually, there was a glitch for the longest time for me where any cutscene that had Seraph showed them without their helmets, and everyone, even the women, were bald. XD)

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Zavve.8205

Anet certainly has the skill, I’m confident in that. I just wish they would spend more effort on charr and asura females.

Adapt the armor to still look feminine on charr and asura. Perhaps substitute the top for a chest wrap or something.

I know they can. They just don’t, and it’s a real shame. It was Anet’s design to make the charr and asura a playable race, they should at least make the effort to better adapt feminine armor for them without going the “let’s just give them the male version” route.

Ya I totally agree with you. It just makes me so sad because of what is actually possible to do for Asura. Frustrating that they keep doing this. It seems sooooo lazy.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yes pls change

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

No female or nothing..

Pictures, for those who haven’t seen this armor on female Asura and Charr.

imo it should be changed to male armor, at least on the chest plate.

They look great no idea wtf is wrong with this community customers have been asking for this for years and it finally comes as a chance and you ruin it for us, great job..

The Asura version needs to stay at least..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Yeah, they spend all the ressources to create new Gemshop sets every 2weeks.

It´s a shame that the LEGENDARY armor is not culturally adapted. Sylvari suffer from this aswell. I not the only one who think that sylvari look silly in cloth/leather or platearmor.
Real sylvari fans have only 4 or 5 armorsets to chose from.

At least this, most expensive, most time soaking, and most prestige armor in the whole game should be changed.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

Yes please! That armor looks very unfitting on them.

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

>__> I had no idea about this vote, even If I would like some changes the armor isn’t good enough for that, Female version will always get the cheap skimpy looks, while the long coats and long robes will be male, although in this case I can see where the improvements will happen visual wise, just hope the next tier will be more legendary looking, For me this is like the broken looking version of a precursor weapon on certain female wise sets of this.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Please get rid of human boobs or human boob ornamentation from Charr and Asura characters. It really looks bad to me.

MO already said they’re making the change in his post in this very thread. The vote is in. No need for further lobbying, guys.

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

Where are you people getting the ‘six nipples’ thing from? From a cat’s anatomy? Sure, the charr resemble figure-like figures, but does that mean that they are 100% alike? If you like at the female charr’s underwear you’ll see that they cover what would be only two nipples.

I honestly wouldn’t have mind these armors if they were a bit… ‘remixed’ to fit the characters a bit more.

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I missed the vote, but just want to chip in a big YES for the change, anyway. The gendered armors are a blight on the game as far as I’m concerned, and playing charr or asura is the only way to escape that utter garbage. (And for goodness’ sake, no more tail-clipping or hover-pauldrons either.)

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

My thoughts exactly. The thousands of players who likely never go to the forums are in for a surprise when all of the sudden their charr and asura armor is changed.

This has been suggested time and time again. I would love this, but by now it’s likely never going to happen, unfortunately… Anet just hasn’t shown much interest in a feature like this. -_-

I’m not saying the cups were great, but with as little female-variant armor as we have for charr and asura… sigh, oh well.

I honestly wouldn’t have mind these armors if they were a bit… ‘remixed’ to fit the characters a bit more.

The best suggestions I’ve seen about this topic are: give players the choice of what version you want to use or alter the tops to make them suitable for charr and asura (more work, I know, but Anet made the choice to make charr and asura as playable races). Instead, we’re going to get the same old “let’s just go with the male armor” thing again. How dreadfully dull… >_<

(edited by Seabreeze.8437)

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Fix Asura feet clipping!!!!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: mekashiyu.4159

mekashiyu.4159

For people saying that legendary armor should be cultural – though I agree that cultural legendary armor would be nice, do keep in mind that this is specifically the Envoy Armor, and our ‘legendary journey’ (a la the precursor weapon crafting journeys) is tied directly into our actions in the Forsaken Thicket. Therefore, the story of the raid will influence the theme of the armor set visually, across all races.

I feel like cultural legendary armor could and should be a thing, but not acquired from raids. That’s a different journey to be had.

(Also kind of sad that the medium female asura armor will be changing, but the masses have spoken. No wee tummies this day, it seems. At least the horrid female light armor is being axed as well~)

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

I only play charr, and I have extremely mixed feelings about the light and medium armor. I saw that the change is happening, and, I guess overall, I’m not satisfied.

I hate how there are so few options for both male and female charr that show off the fur pattern. I spend a long time in charracter creation, getting everything nice and right, and its all for nought as there are so few sets that look good for charr that also let me display the fur patterns in any real capacity. To further add to the irony, its the heavy armor sets that have the most options that show the fur patterns off. If it werent for the fact these colors aren’t in the color picker, I could very well just be a pink charr with green polkadots and blue plaid striping under all that armor for all anyone knows. The use of the male humanoid armors for so many charr things just makes the charr armor look bland, boring, and uninspired. Also sometimes just wrong as stretching it around doesnt work right.

So I was actually pretty happy to see that the new armor sets showed some fur. Yes, the boobplates were quite frankly both tacky and out of place, and yes, it was annoyingly gender-restricted, but heck, it showed some fur, such an excruciatingly rare property among armor for charr. (Annoyingly, there are some NPC only clothes and armor for charr that players just cant have which do show off some fur at least. Why can’t we have those as armor options?)

The root of my frustrations over this are a lot deeper than this one set – if there were other, better, non-clipping, boobplateless options readily available for charr, then heck, I wouldn’t have had any reservations about the change.

But as it is, I’m really conflicted. For what its worth, if things do get reconsidered, I’d say ‘no, but get rid of the boobplates, or give us more options to show our fur’

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

(edited by Avan.1540)

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

Boobplates on Asura and charr dont fit. I should say create more cultural armor for them, then we have more choice of armors/clothing. What fit with horns , tails, ears. Not clipping them off.

For Charr i like to see armor that shows fur. They dont need really a lot of clothing because of fur.

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

But the vote wasn’t about whether or not they should get feminized armor. It was about whether or not they should keep or change the boo plate armor.

If ANET had asked the first question, I am sure many people who wanted jt changed would also agree that distinct armor for the female models os not a bad idea.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

More covering coats for charr, sigh!! I was happy to see some fur with the female version. Why not just make a unique skin for charr and asura? Those races have been neglected enough with one gender only armour and clipping issues already.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Alecu.4786

Alecu.4786

Noo!! Please please please leave it like this or just adapt it somehow, but make the asura and charr female versions have some fur show otherwise the uniqueness between male and female charr and asura just gets dulled out

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Yinello.7068’s photoshoped armor (see attachment) looks quite nice and would work well for characters of any sex and race.

That’s what I’d like to see Anet do, unisex armor. There’d be minor changes: women could wear tights, men could wear leggings, and charr/asura would wear neither since they have fur.
The chest piece would look flat on men and charr/asura, and on women it would stretch to cover their breasts.

Because they no longer have to design different armors, they’d have more time to pay attention to horns, tails, and asura feet.
What they do now doesn’t work, they put all their time and effort on women’s armor, and everyone else gets junk.

Attachments:

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

Avan.1540

It feels like a lot of the people who wanted to vote no ended up arriving to the thread late..

I was actually going to try raiding for once, just to have an option for at least my charr females wearing light and medium armor to show off their fur, but… nope. Not anymore. No real incentive now..

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

It feels like a lot of the people who wanted to vote no ended up arriving to the thread late..

I was actually going to try raiding for once, just to have an option for at least my charr females wearing light and medium armor to show off their fur, but… nope. Not anymore. No real incentive now..

There is also the fact that, with the vote decided, those who wanted to vote yes have no incentive to comment any longer, thus making it appear in more recent comments as though the “no’s” are suddenly coming in.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

Boob plate on beast races? vomit I really, really hope it was decided to change it to the male version, I haven’t read through the entire thread to see if it was.

Avan.1540

It was decided to be changed to the male version

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Male looks better but still this armor is ugly, Viva la trasmutation.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

stop stealing boobs from charr and asura females, furries need something to look at too

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Razor.9872

Boobplates on Asura and charr dont fit. I should say create more cultural armor for them, then we have more choice of armors/clothing. What fit with horns , tails, ears. Not clipping them off.

For Charr i like to see armor that shows fur. They dont need really a lot of clothing because of fur.

This, really is the root of the whole issue. It’s not that the outfits were “skimpy” or necessarily because they were different from their male counterpart (although that is annoying too), the real issue was boobplates on Asura and Charr in addition to feature clipping. That is what this whole thread should be focusing on.

NSPride <3

Razor.9872

stop stealing boobs from charr and asura females, furries need something to look at too

It’s not the boobs that makes the female Charr. It’s the tail

NSPride <3

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

ok while i do want more…unique female armor designs.
that doesn’t mean this…..

just….different (aka not copy paste)

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

For people saying that legendary armor should be cultural – though I agree that cultural legendary armor would be nice, do keep in mind that this is specifically the Envoy Armor, and our ‘legendary journey’ (a la the precursor weapon crafting journeys) is tied directly into our actions in the Forsaken Thicket. Therefore, the story of the raid will influence the theme of the armor set visually, across all races.

I feel like cultural legendary armor could and should be a thing, but not acquired from raids. That’s a different journey to be had.

(Also kind of sad that the medium female asura armor will be changing, but the masses have spoken. No wee tummies this day, it seems. At least the horrid female light armor is being axed as well~)

I don’t think anyone is arguing the new Legendary armor and its precursos should be “cultural” from a lore point of view. What we are saying is those armors should be treated as the cultural armors are, from a design point of view: every race should have their own 2 models, specifically polished to take accountof their unique racial characteristics. Not the same stretched model for everyone.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Kapats.1986

Kapats.1986

Those armors look ugly on females, i vote to change for it to male.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

why is it one or the other? why do we HAVE to have boobs or nothing? why cant we have dimorphic male and female armor versions with no secondary sexual characteristics? just minor stylistic differences, no different than the charr tails of male tuft vs female plume.

Posted by: Nakamaunz.1723

Nakamaunz.1723

I absolutely hate the way that female Asura and Charr look in this right now. I’m serious, this is possibly the worst I’ve seen out of armor designs in the game so far (and there were a few designs I have been less than fond of).

Neither race have boobs. That’s it. Calling for “feminine looks” makes me angry, and I’m not going to go into details, but this is just not what those races are designed like and they deserve better treatment than just getting everything resized on them. Ideally they’d get designs fit to their races, which is a problem for Charr especially since about 90% of armors clip with their tails, but when it comes to LEGENDARY ARMOR – even just precursors – it just feels extremely, blatantly lazy to see this.

On a related note, I also absolutely hate the female designs for the other races as well. Anything that has platemail boobie cup things is bad enough, but platemail high heels? Who the hell thought this was a good idea? I honestly hope the later designs will do away with that, because if not, I will definitely pass on those things. Wow, that looks bad.

Sorry for my harsh words, but my disappointment here is layered and intense.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Nakamaunz, scroll up to the dev comment in which they tallied the responses in this thread and determined they would in fact swap to the male version. The rest of your points stand, but you don’t need to press for the change, your request has already been granted.

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

You people saying 6 or none need to actually play the game, look at the picture, where do you see 6?

Attachments:

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

You people saying 6 or none need to actually play the game, look at the picture, where do you see 6?

it was a joke. one of the devs that worked on the charr made a whole reddit post about how they were very well done, beastial without being a beast, etc. as her final thought on charr nipples/breasts, she stated “6 or none” as in 6 like a cat, or none because they dont nurse their young. clearly its none. or hidden by hair and not breasts in the way that humans have breasts, where the mammary tissue is visible always, not just during lactation. im glad they arent catgirls with kittens. it takes away from them.

Posted by: zeronatras.3280

zeronatras.3280

I wonder, how many of you who want to change female version into male, actually even tried to mix envoy with something.
It hurts that there are someone who wants the laziest option, change for male version, in my opinion it’s ridicilous, why? Because it’s not hard to create something with the envoy, you need only to want it.
I will be greatly dissappointed if devs will change it, i send three version of set which i would use when i got envoy (I know i use only chest, but for some of you this is the biggest problem, and i don’t really care about it).
#Boobplate4Life
http://i.imgur.com/f8GzkLr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5HbqYKi.jpg http://i.imgur.com/lwpqxs4.jpg
Oh by the way, when was voting? Dunno, something as important as that should be posted on facebook/launcher.

Posted by: Andy Warhol.6250

Andy Warhol.6250

If the charr are based off of cats (I’m assuming this, mind you) then one should realize that cats as a whole display little sexual dimorphism when compared, to say, humans. Cat mammary glands do not nearly show as much on the exterior as human mammary glands. As for the assurans, it’s anyone’s guess.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

If the charr are based off of cats (I’m assuming this, mind you) then one should realize that cats as a whole display little sexual dimorphism when compared, to say, humans. Cat mammary glands do not nearly show as much on the exterior as human mammary glands. As for the assurans, it’s anyone’s guess.

Doesn’t mean that female Char and Asura can’t have armor that’s slightly different from the male armor. When I play my female Char, I get so bored with the armor choices. Just a tiny redesign would be nice, doesn’t have to be anything sexualized. A lot of the armor worn by women of the other races get their own style, why not Char and Asura, too? It seems a bit unfair.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: IronPhoenix.2045

IronPhoenix.2045

No Mo female Asuras deserver to have a female look with female breastplate. I think this is way better and more realistic. On charr im not sure about this six or none thing but on Asuras i want the female breastplates.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

No MO. Female asura and charr deserve to have feminine looks.

Agreed. GW armor is heading way to far towards unisex for a fantasy game.

Posted by: AriaFiresong.7023

AriaFiresong.7023

Go with the male look for those two, hell, for that matter, take some of the skimp that is given to human females and give it to male norn.

And I’ll agree with toggling between male/female skins. That way people who don’t want any actual practical armor coverage for their female toons can get filled with the arrows of a thousand bandits, and those who do want practical coverage can…well, dress sensibly enough to fight a dragon.

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

and this thread go on, the President of Anet even made it

The way this Armor look is so important for the game, there is nothing more important.
There so much useless thread and topic that the president needed to reply in such an imprtant thread.

I am amazed.

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

and this thread go on, the President of Anet even made it

The way this Armor look is so important for the game, there is nothing more important.
There so much useless thread and topic that the president needed to reply in such an imprtant thread.

I am amazed.

My thoughts exactly. PvP and WvW are slowly falling apart, but an armour skin from an armour set, which only 20% of the whole playerbase are eager to get, get’s the most attention.