Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Bottom line is there were folk on both sides of the fence behaving badly and few wanting to make any compromises so the result is the “fix.” It definitely says to me that Anet intended the event completion to be primary to any farming.

Behave badly and mommy and daddy take your toys away…..

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: hellchamp.5412

hellchamp.5412

I hope you guys are talking about the crystal thing you have to destroy I ran into same issue.. But if you round around it and click you get credit still so its not a real issue…You guys must walk up and see farmers and blow up omg wtf nerd rage.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

If this game had a good farm, then things like this wouldn’t happen. Isn’t it obvious that people want to farm? We want to play that way. Why can’t we? Because there are no farms in this game we resort to farming champs by scaling events, fail, then repeat. To fix this “problem”, give us our old Cursed Shore back. We just want to farm.

Apparently you’ve never been to Cursed Shore or…you know, the other farms that exist in that exact same area.

No, it’s just simple fact that fail farming Coiled Watch is was too good and the people farming it only think the others aren’t good enough in comparison. Which they aren’t. And that is a problem.

You have a group of players who think they have the right to basically stand in one spot and rake in more loot more quickly than any other place in the game. All the while preventing others from finishing several achievements and living story segments.

That’s the entire issue. A group of players trying to protect their extremely easy farm that is also one of, if not the most lucrative “farms” going in the game.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

This has been an issue for too long. Personally I am ok with the new fix; people sometimes forget how easy we really have it. Before the only farming that was done in FGS was Wurm+Drake+Troll+Trio. Breaking the Ice was never even farmed before! Took me almost 30min to set up Coil runs in FGS. Then blix came and went and coil runs turned into a whole different monster. Breaking the ice before 9/9 patch was 25min complete timers now we have them at 15min. Coil is still VERY VERY lucrative farming but when done with the regular farm train in FGS Wurm+Drake+quagg+Troll+Trio. And honestly that is the way it should be ran. You still make as many bags actually a bit more doing it this way then the fail trains.

Necromancer Main

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

The funny part is this mentality has already leaked into other areas of the game too. Me and a friend were doing zone completion on our new characters in Fields of Ruin, and while doing the big Ogre event in that area there was a guy who kept asking us to fail the event because he wanted to see how well he could farm it.

He wasn’t in any way being sneaky about what he wanted.

He even went as far as to say that he would pay us gold to let him farm it. Which sounds like an awesome deal but I don’t exactly have a huge need for gold. He got mad at us because he wanted to farm it while we wanted to finsh it because it’s yet another event that’s tied to progression in the game.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

If this game had a good farm, then things like this wouldn’t happen. Isn’t it obvious that people want to farm? We want to play that way. Why can’t we? Because there are no farms in this game we resort to farming champs by scaling events, fail, then repeat. To fix this “problem”, give us our old Cursed Shore back. We just want to farm.

Apparently you’ve never been to Cursed Shore or…you know, the other farms that exist in that exact same area.

No, it’s just simple fact that fail farming Coiled Watch is too good and the people farming it only think the others aren’t good enough in comparison. Which they aren’t. And that is a problem.

You have a group of players who think they have the right to basically stand in one spot and rake in more loot more quickly than any other place in the game. All the while preventing others from finishing several achievements and living story segments.

That’s the entire issue. A group of players trying to protect their extremely easy farm that is also one of, if not the most lucrative “farms” going in the game.

There are people on both sides being toxic. It isn’t one side is better than the other, both sides are equally at fault.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Can this thread go away now?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Resubian is right. Anyone who is purposefully rude should be ashamed of themselves. Whether you agree with farming or not is beside the point. All the people who cause grief to others will just move around maps and continue on doing the same thing, because for some sick reason, that’s what you find enjoyable in the game. Have fun boys and girls!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

No, it’s just simple fact that fail farming Coiled Watch is too good and the people farming it only think the others aren’t good enough in comparison. Which they aren’t. And that is a problem.

There are people on both sides being toxic. It isn’t one side is better than the other, both sides are equally at fault.

Yeah how dare people want to play the game as it was designed. What a bunch of trolls.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Lol.. they chose yet again to fire fight the issue.. wonder where the next one will sprout up from.. watch this space!

+

I assume they are working on fixing the problem. But I suppose that takes a lot of time. You don’t have to forget that this game is very, very complex in it’s structure. There are many ideas to address this problem in the forums. And I suppose many more ideas on ArenaNet staff meetings. But you got to think these ideas through completely, then find a smart way to implement them, then test them.
Imo they would have to rework large parts of the Event system.And I think a year is probably a valid timespan in order to achieve such a good rework. Anything else could be flawed again – and abused again.

So, give them time and let them hotfix until then.

This isn’t a new issue.. Coil was just another example of it… of course it takes time, which is why they should be taking tougher actions to dissuade those players that are going out and actively seeking events that are able to be exploited so unhealthily, whilst working on a gamewide solution.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Wait longer? Longer than hours and hours the farmers would constantly fail it, forcing living story people to hope they could find another flow? No, it’s going to be a lot faster, even if it fails to complete than before.

I’m sure that people doing the LS would prefer to wait longer if the event chain fails rather than not being able to do it at all.

I tried finding unpopulated maps with friends, out of curiosity, and we never had issues to find a mostly empty map in a very reasonable amount of time. It took me about 5 minutes alone and about 1-2 min when I had people helping me. But that´s not my point.

I´m not upset about the “fix” per se, it was foreseeable and people will find other spots to farm for sure.
I´m disappointed by stupid comments like Charleston Chew´s and by the fact that the fix isn´t addressing what I believe to be the real problems with large scale (open world) farming in general.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

What are the restart timers for success and failure now?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

The funny part is this mentality has already leaked into other areas of the game too. Me and a friend were doing zone completion on our new characters in Fields of Ruin, and while doing the big Ogre event in that area there was a guy who kept asking us to fail the event because he wanted to see how well he could farm it.

He wasn’t in any way being sneaking about what he wanted.

He even went as far as to say that he would pay us gold to let him farm it. Which sounds like an awesome deal but I don’t exactly have a huge need for gold. He got mad at us because he wanted to farm it while we wanted to finsh it because it’s yet another event that’s tied to progression in the game.

It’s because once an event exploit goes viral those players know it has a relatively short shelf life, so while they farm the hell out of it repeatedly they are also seeking out new exploits in readiness to move onto when ANET throw out their fire fight fixes… its not a new issue its been happening a while now and will continue to happen all the whiles ANET refuse to deal with the issue at its core and punish those for it while they come up with a revamp of the risk/reward structure of the game on a game wide basis. Having some champs drop loot, others not, some events only reward at completion, some not at all except for karma.. its all too iggledy piggledy imo.. the game needs a uniform reward structure that is scaleable at every event like with Blix or Coil.. but failure has to have consequences whether because of circumstance or on purpose.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I suggest they take all events out of the game. And loot. Thank you for hearing my suggestion. All events where there are people are toxic. People disagree on everything in this game. Dungeons are bad, too, because people fight over what constitutes exploits in those places as well. Please get rid of dungeons. World events like triple wurm create toxicity because when you choose to do what you feel like instead of listening to commanders, you get berated. Also take out bunnies. I think they are following me around just to taunt me. They make me feel bad. Also Edge of the Mists is horrible. People fight there all the time and tell others they play wrong. Please remove it. And regular world vs world should not contain fighting so everyone can get all the POIs and Vistas for world complete without any griefing, like being killed by enemies. Thank you ANet for listening to my post. Have a nice day

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Nia.3964

Nia.3964

This isn’t a new issue.. Coil was just another example of it… of course it takes time, which is why they should be taking tougher actions to dissuade those players that are going out and actively seeking events that are able to be exploited so unhealthily, whilst working on a gamewide solution.

Sure, it’s not a new problem. But imagine, a huge community behind you, all with forks and torched, just waiting for you to do a mistake. And they are constantly yelling “More Dungones!More Endgame!More Fractals!Better WvW!Better sPvP!FIXFIXFIX!More Content!More, better, wider,…”
Never forget how huge GW2 actually is. How much effort they are putting in communication now(It feels like half of the company is busy talking to players, and it’s still not enough^^). Give them time, a solution will come for sure.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

He even went as far as to say that he would pay us gold to let him farm it.

Yep. I’ve run into four or five of these people in various places when I’m working to complete an event. I always tell them my standard “Fee to Stop” of 20g. Haven’t had one take me up on it yet, though.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: HandOfKane.5409

HandOfKane.5409

The people trying to complete the events are doing the events the way they are meant to be done; the farmers are not. Surely you aren’t trying to erroneously equate the two?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Aerinndis.2730

I am sure Anet could figure a way to satisfy farming to some extent. For example they could set up something like a Queen’s Arena for farmers where they can go round and round and round for their champs. Throw in the occasional interesting reward or some interesting achievement for that interesting reward in addition to the regular stuffs and there you go…

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

I am sure Anet could figure a way to satisfy farming to some extent. For example they could set up something like a Queen’s Arena for farmers where they can go round and round and round for their champs. Throw in the occasional interesting reward or some interesting achievement for that interesting reward in addition to the regular stuffs and there you go…

But they have. Go to Cursed Shore. Or run the champ train in Frostgorge. Or do any of the other dozen world event chains.

But no, those aren’t good enough are they? Because you can’t stand in one place to do them.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

But they have. Go to Cursed Shore. Or run the champ train in Frostgorge. Or do any of the other dozen world event chains.

But no, those aren’t good enough are they? Because you can’t stand in one place to do them.

Why would they do the others when Coil was clearly more profitable? Frostgorge champ train cant even compare to the amount of champ boxes you could get from Coil AND all the extra trash mobs that also drop loot.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Nothing to do with standing in one place, they’re not “good enough” because they were nerfed to mere shadows of what they used to be.

Well, FGS at least, CS is decent as long as people are calling events and not killing champs without saying anything and such.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

Nothing to do with standing in one place, they’re not “good enough” because they were nerfed to mere shadows of what they used to be.

Well, FGS at least, CS is decent as long as people are calling events and not killing champs without saying anything and such.

So that makes it okay to farm an event that was never meant to be farmed?

With the ultimate result that we get another event chain nerfed into oblivion? Is that the way this logic works?

Farmers cause their own problems.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Aerinndis.2730

Sadly there will always be an element that wants to stand still whack away and get tremendous rewards for minimal effort. Combine that with a sense of entitlement and you get exactly this…..

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

With the ultimate result that we get another event chain nerfed into oblivion? Is that the way this logic works?

I don’t participate in the coil farm, so I’m sot sure how rewarding it would be when completing vs failing, but assuming it’s less rewarding than others farms when actually completing the event, they wont lose out on anything if they farm it till it gets nerfed, either way they wont be getting “phat loots”.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

I don’t participate in the coil farm, so I’m sot sure how rewarding it would be when completing vs failing, but assuming it’s less rewarding than others farms when actually completing the event, they wont lose out on anything if they farm it till it gets nerfed, either way they wont be getting “phat loots”.

It was very lucrative. I don’t know it’s true or not but people were claiming they were getting hundreds of boxes over the course of a few hours.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

That’s a great solution to keep queen’s pavilion open all year round. If I was a dev, I’d say screw it trying to fix everything else such as open world events do that for the framer kitten holes. They go there and we do what we want in the rest of the world. Then we also don’t have to see any of them anymore in our RP areas.

I’m happy they are happy. Plain and simple.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I’ve never run into this problem on my server Henge of Denravi, we have a happy medium where we draw the event out as long as possible for champs but we always complete the event.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’ve never run into this problem on my server Henge of Denravi, we have a happy medium where we draw the event out as long as possible for champs but we always complete the event.

How long ago was that (since there is no PvE Events that are exclusive to ANY Server for about 5 months)? Can you actually be involved in this game and NOT be aware of the Megaserver changes back in April?

Beyond that, this argument is moot as they extended the timer for the Event Failure (as they should have). From what I understand, proper completion of this Event in conjunction with the remaining Champs in FGS allow for decent farming AND not disrupting the normal progressions of other players in the game.

Now were is the next Fail Farm Event going to be?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Why would anyone be stupid enough to post it in this thread?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

No worries, we are all friends here. Sharing is caring.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: warduke.1780

warduke.1780

How do you feel about the nerf to the Coiled Watch farm, DeWolfe?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Meh. People have already found the next farm. It’s only a matter of time before its location spreads and we have another repeat of what just happened.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Or Anet will finally set apart a team to fix all the screwed up fail timers.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Meh. People have already found the next farm. It’s only a matter of time before its location spreads and we have another repeat of what just happened.

If its not needed for living story progress, then no one cares. If it is, I think its time I go through with that taxi to the dead maps promise I made prior to the last fix.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If its not needed for living story progress, then no one cares. If it is, I think its time I go through with that taxi to the dead maps promise I made prior to the last fix.

It doesn’t involve the living story but people will still care just like the Blix event.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

For as long as doing nothing and stopping people from completing content is more profitable than actually completing the said content, bugfixes are necessary.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Yumiko Ishida.3769

It doesn’t involve the living story but people will still care just like the Blix event.

Well I sure don’t now. Reason we hated coil farm so much as it interfered with our progress and our farm of LS with our 6+ alts.

LS is guaranteed loot which is why the smart players are running it over and over on every alt we get to lv 80 (all four chapters is like 80+ geodes and lock picks). This is why I said in another thread I can make more money doing that than fail farming/exploiting.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you took my question for anything but a rhetorical, ironic jest, I apologize for the misunderstanding. Frankly, I do not care where the Fail Farmers go to “enjoy” the game.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

I’ll care as long as it’s more profitable to stand in one spot and spam 1 than it is to actually put in a little bit of effort to get rewards.

I think anet will care, too.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Stop whining and let people farm for crying out loud.

How about they stop whining and let people finish their story?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: TheWolfGoddess.7025

TheWolfGoddess.7025

Just great. Another bunch of people complaining ruining it for people. Here’s an idea, stop making the good events tie in for story. Or at least let them progress for participating. Not everyone farms because they want to ruin your day. Some of us do it because we don’t have a choice. I have a fairly busy life. Between college, work, caring for people, and life in general, I don’t have much time to play this game. I have been trying to get my crafting up for months. I finally left the game for a while just to focus on life and returned to find a wonderful opportunity. In the past week from this event I have gotten my crafts(both of them) to nearly 500. I started at 250 and 350. After MONTHS of playing. This event was a godsend and made the game for people (like me) with little time to grind grind grind, playable. Unfortunately, people complained and now the event is gone. I have seen toxicity on both sides too. I have seen trains maul people for trying to complete. I have also seen LS’ers attack trains calling them horrible names for trying to gather supplies. “Stop cheating and playing the game.” “Scum.” “Losers” “Lazy [insert profanity here]” Among other things. All I have to say is, Clearly you people haven’t tried to gather T6 mats yet. But whatever, it’s fine. Surely there will be some other way to get my crafting finished someday.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I tried to gather t6 mats. I hated doing that stuff. I’m not a farmer by nature. I decided that its easier to play the market and get what I want as I’m capable to play the game at an economist’s standpoint. Or farm for a certain high profit or demand item of equivalent value then buy what I want after trading on the TP. Or craft the stuff that do make money.

I do have a business/IT degree, I might as well apply what I know to everything I do.

You should try what I do its called equivalent exchange.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

Just great. Another bunch of people complaining ruining it for people. Here’s an idea, stop making the good events tie in for story. Or at least let them progress for participating. Not everyone farms because they want to ruin your day. Some of us do it because we don’t have a choice. I have a fairly busy life. Between college, work, caring for people, and life in general, I don’t have much time to play this game. I have been trying to get my crafting up for months. I finally left the game for a while just to focus on life and returned to find a wonderful opportunity. In the past week from this event I have gotten my crafts(both of them) to nearly 500. I started at 250 and 350. After MONTHS of playing. This event was a godsend and made the game for people (like me) with little time to grind grind grind, playable. Unfortunately, people complained and now the event is gone. I have seen toxicity on both sides too. I have seen trains maul people for trying to complete. I have also seen LS’ers attack trains calling them horrible names for trying to gather supplies. “Stop cheating and playing the game.” “Scum.” “Losers” “Lazy [insert profanity here]” Among other things. All I have to say is, Clearly you people haven’t tried to gather T6 mats yet. But whatever, it’s fine. Surely there will be some other way to get my crafting finished someday.

You don’t have a choice? That’s very odd way to put it.

“Please sirs, I’m only participating in a zerg mentality that ruins event after event because I don’t have a choice!”

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

TheWolfGoddess.7025

“Please sirs, I’m only participating in a zerg mentality that ruins event after event because I don’t have a choice!”

Well yes. When on average farming for these materials/gold to get them might yield MIGHT yield one gossamer insig in a few hours and I have an hour or so to play a week, yes. I don’t have a choice. Some of us don’t have the luxury of just playing for hours and hours to farm materials/gold. For the amount of time I have to play vs the amount of time it takes to do some of this stuff? It barely makes playing the game even worth it. Since I can’t buy ascended gear, I have to make it. To make it I have to get my crafting up. As I have stated, before this event I was barely at 300. I am not at 460. That was in the few hours I had to play the event before it got nerfed. I don’t really care about the mentality. If you want to farm, go somewhere else. If you want to complete the mission ask them to finish. A lot of these people surprisingly enough, will complete the event if you just ask nicely. But to kitten and moan to the point of nerfing the whole thing is just silly. It’s really not going to stop anything. They will just move. If you don’t want people farming like lunatics for things, stop making the things so ridiculously hard to get. If rewards were better, maybe people wouldn’t be doing things like this. I’m not here for the “zerg mentality” I don’t even really care. I was just trying to have some chance of getting something done over the course of the next few months.

(edited by TheWolfGoddess.7025)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

Well yes. When on average farming for these materials/gold to get them might yield MIGHT yield one gossamer insig in a few hours and I have an hour or so to play a week, yes. I don’t have a choice. Some of us don’t have the luxury of just playing for hours and hours to farm materials/gold. For the amount of time I have to play vs the amount of time it takes to do some of this stuff? It barely makes playing the game even worth it. Since I can’t buy ascended gear, I have to make it. To make it I have to get my crafting up. As I have stated, before this event I was barely at 300. I am not at 460. That was in the few hours I had to play the event before it got nerfed. I don’t really care about the mentality. If you want to farm, go somewhere else. If you want to complete the mission ask them to finish. A lot of these people surprisingly enough, will complete the event if you just ask nicely. But to kitten and moan to the point of nerfing the whole thing is just silly. It’s really not going to stop anything. They will just move. If you don’t want people farming like lunatics for things, stop making the things so ridiculously hard to get. If rewards were better, maybe people wouldn’t be doing things like this. I’m not here for the “zerg mentality” I don’t even really care. I was just trying to have some chance of getting something done over the course of the next few months.

Yes. Yes you do have a choice. You could work at it over time like everyone else does or you can exploit game mechanics to get ahead.

Which is what you did.

And here’s a concept you’re completely and utterly failing to grasp. You’re not supposed to finish those things in a few hours. It’s supposed to take a long time. That coupled with the fact that unless you are doing high level fractals there is literally no need for ascended gear in the game. And by your own admission you don’t have a lot of time to play so it’s extremely unlikely you’re doing high level fractals.

You’re more or less saying you would be okay with robbing a bank because you don’t make enough money working your day job to suit your life style.

Justify it all you want but fact is you’re abusing game mechanics for profit and you’re lucky anet is taking such a lax stance on the issue. Because they would be perfectly in the right to ban you and everyone else who does it.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

TheWolfGoddess.7025

Actually yeah. Maybe I do want to do a high level dungeon like everyone else. Maybe I want to be able to WvW with my friends. Maybe I want to spend the 1-3 hours I might get to actually you know, play the game. But I can’t. You know why? Because there is no point. By the time I was able to get to level 70 – 80 by “working at it”. Ascended had already been released. And everyone was already far ahead. This means that by the time I “work at it” and reach that level, there will already be some new thing, and everyone will be ahead. That’s the problem with an MMO. They update, change, and evolve. And they don’t stop and wait because some people don’t have time to play. So that means that those of us who don’t, will always be behind. Always. I can’t bother to WvW or PvP. Because everyone will always have better gear than me. Because they will have had time to get it, whereas I haven’t. People who work at it, as you put it, may take a few weeks. Maybe months. If these people took weeks to do something, when they had hours to play a day, what do you think happens to those who have hours to play a week? Not hard to figure out. I don’t really care whether people wanted to finish or not. As long as I got supplies, I couldn’t care less since all I wanted was just a shot to actually get somewhere like every one else. I haven’t “gotten ahead” at all. I have just barely caught up. I am still no where near the armor/power level as everyone else. If this event was such an “exploit” I would be ahead of everyone. For now, I suppose is fine, until the next big update comes and I fall back into the dust of everyone with nothing but time. I agree with the earlier poster. I don’t think this has anything to do with “exploiting” anything. I think that people just don’t like the idea of people getting things in a halfway decent time. They like people to spend so much time slaving away at the game that they either quit, or cave in and gems to convert into gold, which honestly from a business standpoint, is not a bad idea. The bottom line of this thread and situation is respect. Just respect people. It’s simple. The whole reason OP was even complaining was because of the bickering. If you don’t like farmers, fine. Don’t be one. If 4 people want to complete an event and 67 others are trying to farm something, it won’t kill you to say “Hey, I need this. Can we finish?” And if the timer is so broken on fail, it won’t kill them to wait 10-15 minutes for the next one. On the farmers end, stop being rude. Some people actually do need progress, I am one of them actually even though I didn’t through a fit when someone asked me to wait. Just finish the quest and come back later, as most of you probably have the time to do so. The toxicity is the actual problem, not the event, and really it’s stupid. It shouldn’t be this hard to respect one another. And if people do have a disagreement, that doesn’t mean go crying to the forums yelling “Waaahhh people were mean to me! This is broken! Please nerf!” There are tons of farms. Everywhere. This was one was simply the most efficient. Anet probably didn’t really give a crap until the fighting started and enough people complained/violated the ToS. It’s just going to happen again elsewhere eventually. Even if it has nothing to do with hindering others at all. That is also stupid. Farmers are going to farm. Leave them alone. If it isn’t bothering you (which unfortunately this one turned out to), then just leave them be. Just because you don’t like farming doesn’t mean you have to make it your mission to hinder those who do(Looking at all the anti-farming griefers out there). Farmers, leave the story people alone. It is like, one run. Ask if anyone needs it. If they say no, go. If yes, just do it and send them on their way. I don’t know, to me, this whole situation seems ridiculous. Well it has been nice chatting with everyone. Life here I come. To everyone, good luck on your endeavors!

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

Wall of text crits you for 99999 damage. Try using the enter key once in a while.

But I digress. The key word that you used in the first part of that wall is want. Not need, but want.

Want does not make it okay to game the system and take short cuts because you decide your time is worth more than everyone elses.

And I’m still not seeing it. I do high level dungeons all the time on various characters and don’t have full ascended on any of them.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I just got experience this kitten piece of game design and it pretty much ruined what initially seemed like the first decently done chapter of the Season 2 Living Story for me. I’m behind on the LS because the content of the previous Season 2 chapters was so rancid, it took me this long to get up the desire to attempt the next parts. I’m already regretting it.

I actually liked the initial instance with Taimi. The mobs were actually reasonable and the content was entertaining, plus it had some nice character development. But then going to the next chapter and needing to do events in the open world/Iron Marches to advance your PRIVATE chapter in the LS was absolutely terrible. And now this chapter requiring the coil event to advance your LS upped this horrible design concept to a whole new level.

The part that really galls me was that when I first went into the zone, I saw the event so I decided to take a detour for fun and try it before I went to the NPC because the quest description doesn’t TELL YOU that is the necessary event. So I end up doing the event, then not getting any credit because I hadn’t clicked the kitten-ing NPC prior to it. So I get to waste my time waiting for it to spawn again, waste my time running with a zerg that failed it, then waste more time for it to spawn again. Yeah, really appealing gameplay there.

It’s a pity, because I did like the story development between Braham and Eir, but if seeing the sorry means going through content design like this, I may need to wait a while to wash the taste out of my mouth before trying the LS again.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

I just got experience this kitten piece of game design and it pretty much ruined what initially seemed like the first decently done chapter of the Season 2 Living Story for me. I’m behind on the LS because the content of the previous Season 2 chapters was so rancid, it took me this long to get up the desire to attempt the next parts. I’m already regretting it.

I actually liked the initial instance with Taimi. The mobs were actually reasonable and the content was entertaining, plus it had some nice character development. But then going to the next chapter and needing to do events in the open world/Iron Marches to advance your PRIVATE chapter in the LS was absolutely terrible. And now this chapter requiring the coil event to advance your LS upped this horrible design concept to a whole new level.

The part that really galls me was that when I first went into the zone, I saw the event so I decided to take a detour for fun and try it before I went to the NPC because the quest description doesn’t TELL YOU that is the necessary event. So I end up doing the event, then not getting any credit because I hadn’t clicked the kitten-ing NPC prior to it. So I get to waste my time waiting for it to spawn again, waste my time running with a zerg that failed it, then waste more time for it to spawn again. Yeah, really appealing gameplay there.

It’s a pity, because I did like the story development between Braham and Eir, but if seeing the sorry means going through content design like this, I may need to wait a while to wash the taste out of my mouth before trying the LS again.

As I recall, I was able to continue my Living Story episode, regardless of the succeeding or failing of the event. It was the participation in it that counted. Never did find a large enough group to succeed.

But yes, one must do what’s needed to advance the story by talking to NPCs, otherwise event participation won’t count.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

This is an age old battle in GW2. The farmers versus the players.

There are certain items in game that HAVE to be farmed as the only other way to get them is to buy them. Now I’m no rocket scientist, but I’m pretty sure that a lot of people can’t afford with gold, the materials they need, nor can they (or should they be forced to ) buy gems with cash to get the gold to buy materials.

So farming has to happen. And with all the farming nerfs going on then people who want to farm those t6 materials will do so, wherever and however they can ( within the game rules ofc).

Anet has unfortunately limited farming for those who don’t wish to do dungeons for hours each day. Remember, this is supposed to be a game where you can do what you want so to speak. But this obviously is a concern for players who want to complete events as is allowed them by their own choice. So 2 wrongs do not make a right I’m afraid.

But to fix this is difficult in a free flowing dynamic game such as ours. People want to do events ( newly added events mainly from what I’m reading) and the farmers are stopping them from doing the event. The farmers simply want to make the most of a farm before it is ultimately nerfed, kitten often has now become the case.

So anet have a couple of choices as I see it:

1. increase drop rates of everything.

2. Champ bags normally gained per boss during an event are instead mailed to each player once the event has been successful.

3. Make every foe in the game drop every level of items and materials and leave it to magic find to increase your chances of high end materials. Meaning farmers can farm anywhere, anytime without disturbing events.

I think we will all agree, number 3 would sort out a few issues by itself….don’t you?

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.