Communicating with you

Communicating with you

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suinz.5968

Suinz.5968

We just need more things to DO. SAB as permanent content, with new worlds added every 6 or so weeks would do just that! I’m honestly finding myself running in circles in lions arch because I’m so bored.

Communicating with you

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

So…. any update on the PROMISED WvW CDI to be held 2 weeks after WvW Season 2 ended? I mean you already announced WvW Season 3. Did I miss Season 2 CDI?

Communicating with you

Posted by: Kolzi.5928

Kolzi.5928

Ooh, CDI returning? Exciting!

I never really participated in them before but I am pretty keen to talk about fractals now that I finally feel I am in a position to actually have some meaningful input.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Ooh, CDI returning? Exciting!

I never really participated in them before but I am pretty keen to talk about fractals now that I finally feel I am in a position to actually have some meaningful input.

Don’t make the same mistake I did last cdi. ‘Oh, I don’t really do that in the game, or haven’t started.’ Post ideas or assist on what would help you get INTO said portion of the game. Example: ‘I want to do fractals, but I don’t quite understand what I am doing when I enter. Maybe have an asura near the entrance explain some basics for me?’.

Stuff like that.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

the traits thread has a dev response logo next to it…

I guess you arent communicating unless you say what people want to hear.

Page 1, post 1. C.C. Danica post saying “If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post”

Pg 15, C. C. Danica post saying “All this said, we have cleaned up the thread. Please keep it on-topic and clean. Thank you!”

No other Anet interaction. Don’t take a ‘dev response logo’ as proof they are doing anything.

Your move.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

the traits thread has a dev response logo next to it…

I guess you arent communicating unless you say what people want to hear.

Page 1, post 1. C.C. Danica post saying “If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post”

Pg 15, C. C. Danica post saying “All this said, we have cleaned up the thread. Please keep it on-topic and clean. Thank you!”

No other Anet interaction. Don’t take a ‘dev response logo’ as proof they are doing anything.

Your move.

Izzy just posted saying they hear the feedback and are going to discuss it b/c there’s a lot of good advice.

I.e. exactly what we’ve been asking them to say.

Communicating with you

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Mike, what boggles our minds is, how you say you want to work with the community but you don’t do it. I didn’t read every CDI in its full entirety but did any of the features you “liked” ever see the light of day?
When you ask us for suggestions, we expect you to try and work on these.

People like this are the problem. The fact that you are so self centered that you feel you speak for the whole community says a lot about your misconceptions.

As well, they get tons of extremely varying suggestions at times. Which ones are they supposed to implement, and which ones should they not. What gives one persons suggestion more value?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Communicating with you

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

For those asking about topics:

That is the first thing we will discuss. Specifically logistics around CDI being hard to follow due to the size of the threads and how to choose topics.

We left of last with the general consensus being that Arena chooses but we should revisit that to see what current opinion.

Thanks for the welcome back to the CDI all. We are looking forward to it to.

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Sigh.

Thanks for the red posts. However, I doubt much of the impression is going to change due to the part where “we don’t talk about things which may or may not be in development”.

Honestly, I’d like to avoid more transparency on it – indie games can get away with that. Smaller projects can get away with it. (Terrafirmacraft springs to mind for how transparent the people are, and how much they talk with players.) I’ve seen smaller MMOs where the staff went somewhat crazy dealing with the players’ feedback.

And we’re talking about an MMO here. Where the feedback can paralyze or slow something from getting any sort of progression, and where something in theory can be wonderful but in practice fall apart rapidly. Where what may work for 51% of the population is going to still generate terrible, angry feedback. Even if it’s announced and never actually makes it to the table.

Gotta be cautious about when to announce and collect feedback, and how to take that feedback. And, from the other side? It helps when the feedback is more than “that sucks” “don’t do that” or “this is going to kill the game” . . . as well as more than “sounds awesome”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I think the first order of business then is getting rid of the PR speak. Saying, “We can’t talk about that, because we aren’t working on that” is better than, “It’s not off the table”.

Iterating is great. To a point. And then it wears out its welcome and it leads to frustration for the players. Sometimes you have to just pull the trigger.

The communication for the POV and First Person Camera stuff was handled poorly. I understand those dudes aren’t PR, but a first person camera view would be the best thing ever for appreciating the art work in this game and the reason given for why we aren’t getting it is because of combat? Wow. That is poor communication, because it is either:

A.) A patently false answer

B.) Something made up because he didn’t know the actual answer

C.) A really bad reason

D.) The truth from that devs perspective which means the players aren’t communicating with you all properly. I can’t believe though that anyone at ArenaNet honestly thinks we want a first person camera for combat though.

My point is, that we aren’t getting honesty. We are getting PR speak. If I wanted that, I could talk to a service rep at a major cable/internet provider. That dev should have just said, “That’s not something we are going to add to the game.” Then if you do add it later everyone can be pleasantly surprised. If it’s never implemented, well you communicated honestly and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Oh you’ve got to be kidding me! Did you really just say nothing about saying nothing?!

I can’t believe the acolytes here that are lavishing praises on Anet, as if minions groveling at the feet of their masters. The interview (which I’m sure this is in reference to) was not just one wrong, it was a proverbial straw on an overburdened camel’s back! One apology isn’t going to fix this for you, Anet. One right isn’t going to resolve it. You’ve lost a lot of players because your responses and your “listening” has been lackluster.

I’m sure there are going to be zealots lashing out at me for this post, but this is my opinion and I have a right to express it as a consumer: I am not pleased with Anet’s idea of what they think the players want.

Oh stop. He has a life too. It’s 7pm where he is let him relax with his family.

Thanks again Chris for dealing with us. Flashbacks of you working through Christmas happening right now.

Christmas was awesome. We were talking about that today.

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I think the first order of business then is getting rid of the PR speak. Saying, “We can’t talk about that, because we aren’t working on that” is better than, “It’s not off the table”.

That PR speak is there because saying “We aren’t working on it” leads to even more hysterical gnashing of teeth than “we’re not ruling it out”.

Even though both are, functionally, the same thing.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Communicating with you

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Devs posting is rare but appreciated,

Community team is ABSENT most of the time, example being the 39 page Trait thread that has zero response since it was Merged to get feedback, That could be why people are puppied off thinking Anet are not listening along with the ONLY flow of info being anywhere BUT your own official forums , ex Twitter etc etc …

Bingo! Zero communication on the most important issues affecting the player base is why people are up in arms. As for CDIs starting up again, why did they stop? How about addressing the issues that what little you’ve taken from the CDIs you’ve invariably implemented poorly and in ways the p[layers clearly didn’t want from the CDI threads. Not much point in having them unless these issues are addressed.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

This has probably been mentioned already, but since I saw no response for it repetition can’t hurt.

Ages ago, in one of the older Ready Up streams, after the last WvW tournament, a CDI regarding WvW seasons/tournaments was mentioned to be “coming within a week” I don’t think I would have missed it if it did. So whatever happened to that?

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

This has probably been mentioned already, but since I saw no response for it repetition can’t hurt.

Ages ago, in one of the older Ready Up streams, after the last WvW tournament, a CDI regarding WvW seasons/tournaments was mentioned to be “coming within a week” I don’t think I would have missed it if it did. So whatever happened to that?

Hi Crise,

i will double check. That seems like eons ago so please forgive me for my weak memory (-:

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I know some are concerned about whether ArenaNet is communicating with you and listening and responding to your feedback. As you saw with yesterday’s announcement, we do. All of us at ArenaNet play the game with you, chat with you and read your forum posts, and work on the things that we think will most delight and entertain you.

We’ve set a clear policy in the past year: we don’t talk speculatively about future development. We don’t want to string you along. Creating fun is an uncertain business: sometimes things work out and sometimes they don’t; sometimes we go back to the drawing board over and over before we get something right. If we make optimistic promises and then can’t deliver on them, everyone suffers. So when we attend a trade show or give an interview, we’re there to talk about what we’re getting ready to ship, not to speculate on what we might ship someday.

Don’t read that as meaning that we don’t want to talk with you about the longer-term roadmap. The intention of the CDI threads is to talk with you about the roadmap. We want to talk design philosophy with you and hear how you want to see the game evolve. When those discussions trigger development, we’ll work internally until we have something we’re proud of before we’ll announce it.

A lot of the questions I’ve seen posted this week are as simple as this: does ArenaNet have an agenda to never do something? That’s almost never the case, and if it is the case you deserve to know and we’ll make sure we get more clear. In general the simple truth is this: when we’re not currently working on something, it’s because we’re working on something else instead that we think is more important for the game and community.

Our developers post on these forums on a voluntary basis, and in addition to developers, we have a community team who can clarify and be the bridge between players and developers. They’re ready to engage you on these topics. And I know it’s hard for the community team to engage players across all the forums and sites where these questions are being discussed, so I’m going to support the team in consolidating and focusing as necessary, so that we can be clear to the community where you can go to get a response.

See you in-game,
Mike O’Brien

You haven’t really said anything of substance here at all.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I’m glad Anet employees are starting to communicate with us, for a change. The radio silent treatment was getting old fast.

Hopefully you keep up this kind of interaction.

Please hire some community representatives that actually interact with your…..community. Keeping completely silent until your customers come after you with pitchforks and torches isn’t a good policy.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Hey, thanks for reaching out guys. Hope you continue to do so. An act of good faith is an act of good faith – I’ll take it with open arms.

Or words to that effect.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

I don’t want to want to derail the thread, but yes absolutely we have discussed player feedback about these areas of the game.

This right here is the start players have been asking for. I’m not going to say something like this is a perfect answer, because it still leaves the who, the when, and the how completely ambiguous, but it’s at least a confirmation that ‘yes, we’ve seen it’.

As a roleplayer you have no idea what an absolute sigh of relief it is to hear it’s been discussed. For that area, and many others, it would be a much greater relief if someone came in an talked explicitly about the discussions, but as a start, just being acknowledged is so much a step beyond the silence.

Just please keep in mind that because you’ve discussed these things, players will eventually want to know what the discussion bore. Obviously something like that can’t be answered now, but down the line players will ask ‘what happened to X? You said you discussed it’ if it never comes up again.

(edited by Darmikau.9413)

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

I don’t want to want to derail the thread, but yes absolutely we have discussed player feedback about these areas of the game.

This right here is the start players have been asking for. I’m not going to say something like this is a perfect answer, because it still leaves the who, the when, and the how completely ambiguous, but it’s at least a confirmation that ‘yes, we’ve seen it’.

As a roleplayer you have no idea what an absolute sigh of relief it is to hear it’s been discussed. For that area, and many others, it would be a much greater relief if someone came in an talked explicitly about the discussions, but as a start, just being acknowledged is so much a step beyond the silence.

Hi,

We read many forums all the time, we just need to do a better job of communicating that and working to discuss topics.

In retrospect the CDI break has probably been to long as well (That’s my fault).

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Just to highlight how you’ve been treating us, go ahead and click on the page icons at the bottom of the forum. Threads that an Anet employee post in show up very clearly. Go in a few pages, and you see those red Anet icons completely disappear.

Again, I’m glad there seems to be a renewed interest in corresponding with us. I also think it’s time to shake up your community relations team. The current ones have been dead in the water for months.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Illysharia.7286

Illysharia.7286

I know some are concerned about whether ArenaNet is communicating with you and listening and responding to your feedback. As you saw with yesterday’s announcement, we do. All of us at ArenaNet play the game with you, chat with you and read your forum posts, and work on the things that we think will most delight and entertain you.

That is a nice sentiment, but I’m one of those people who has been reading and participating in multi-thousand post threads that have gone ignored by you and your Dev team for months. There is a vast disconnect between what you are saying and the reality of what your customers, the players of your game, experience. Any of the mega feedback threads after the April Patch give glaring testimony to this.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

we just need to do a better job of communicating that and working to discuss topics.

With all due respect, you’ve said this before.

At some point, needing to do a better job has to actually turn into doing a better job.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I’d like if more anet staff took the approach John Smith does on the TP section.

Ranger | Elementalist

Communicating with you

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

That is the first thing we will discuss. Specifically logistics around CDI being hard to follow due to the size of the threads and how to choose topics.

We left of last with the general consensus being that Arena chooses but we should revisit that to see what current opinion.

Chris

Hey Chris!

Not want to be impatient but can you speed things up a bit this time? Like only one week to discuss what to discuss and continue with the actual topic(s) the next week? Or something like that.

ps: Send some cookies at least to the dungeon forums. :C

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

Hey Chris!

Not want to be impatient but can you speed things up a bit this time? Like only one week to discuss what to discuss and continue with the actual topic(s) the next week? Or something like that.

ps: Send some cookies at least to the dungeon forums. :C

Hi Dalanor,

I get where you are coming from, however as you know sometimes problem solving and discussion can drill quite deep and it is important to us to get to a point where we have a full understanding of the idea/s.

So i think your goal is spot on but I think we need to look at ways of making the discussion more accessible in other areas.

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Seriously this is the 6th mmo ive played where people expected the developers to communicate with the playerbase.

Nobody does that.

It’s not just Arenanet. I mean, I’m not defending them for it.

But SWTOR, TESO, WoW, FFXIV…

None of these games have people on the forums actually explaining things or discussing stuff with people.

Want to know why?

Because official forums are filled with the vocal negative minority and there is no freaking point in talking to these people.

If he says stuff is coming, its a lie.

If he doesn’t, Arenanet doesnt care.

If they say they care, its a lie.

There’s no point “discussing” the future of the game with a giant forum full of people who secretly want it to fail just so they can say I told you so.

actually ffxiv has monthly producer letters, where they talk about current features, and coming features, they anounced that they are working on a ninja class about a month ago.
the devs dont have to work hand in hand with the players, but they need to show where the vision is going, and show how they are responding to the players complaints/views.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/642-Letters-from-the-Producer

look at how much they talk about there, and how they directly respond to current issues, and outline their overall plans.

so yeah, its far from unheard of.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Hi Crise,

i will double check. That seems like eons ago so please forgive me for my weak memory (-:

Chris

Some help for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpyMHLobZQY&feature=player_detailpage&list=PLDCvogxNKN3nmdmYoblp6T3Pz44t5bCI4#t=1019

Communicating with you

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Does anyone else find O’Brien’s post to be incredibly condescending and passive aggressive? And please, just ditch the CDI format… it’s pretty clear at this point that it’s not going to work.

I’d love for ANet to just wow the community and actually deliver on something fantastic aside from GemStore updates, but it appears that they are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

We’ve set a clear policy in the past year: we don’t talk speculatively about future development. We don’t want to string you along. Creating fun is an uncertain business: sometimes things work out and sometimes they don’t; sometimes we go back to the drawing board over and over before we get something right. If we make optimistic promises and then can’t deliver on them, everyone suffers. So when we attend a trade show or give an interview, we’re there to talk about what we’re getting ready to ship, not to speculate on what we might ship someday.

It sounds like you guys are just afraid of commitment and accountability. There’s a difference between choosing not to string us along with a carrot on a stick (classic ANet tactic) and simply refusing to divulge any information whatsoever so that you can never be held to a certain standard.

Don’t be a cliche.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Konoha.4613

Konoha.4613

“A lot of the questions I’ve seen posted this week are as simple as this: does ArenaNet have an agenda to never do something? That’s almost never the case”

Do you intend to address the fact that skyhammer needs to go from solo que? Most of us are rather sick of this map. And there if plenty of evidence out there that its not just 1 or 2 people. This is hurting pvp.

Communicating with you

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

“A lot of the questions I’ve seen posted this week are as simple as this: does ArenaNet have an agenda to never do something? That’s almost never the case”

Do you intend to address the fact that skyhammer needs to go from solo que? Most of us are rather sick of this map. And there if plenty of evidence out there that its not just 1 or 2 people. This is hurting pvp.

so u want less content for pvp?

Communicating with you

Flytrap.8075

so u want less content for pvp?

You obviously don’t sPvP.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Communicating with you

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

I’m so happy right now. I can’t stop smiling.

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

Communicating with you

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Hi,

We read many forums all the time, we just need to do a better job of communicating that and working to discuss topics.

In retrospect the CDI break has probably been to long as well (That’s my fault).

Chris

First new CDI topic, how to improve communication between devs and community :p

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi,

Chris

That is a good topic.

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Hi,

Chris

That is a good topic.

Chris

honestly, though that might be valuable, i would rather have CDIs that more closely represent things you are currently thinking about/developing. It would save time to have more player feedback earlier in your process.

Communicating with you

Flytrap.8075

Hi,

Chris

That is a good topic.

Chris

honestly, though that might be valuable, i would rather have CDIs that more closely represent things you are currently thinking about/developing. It would save time to have more player feedback earlier in your process.

This. The CDI’s are already bad enough as is… at least having a focus on something that is on the horizon would help streamline the process.

I mean, every single time someone mentions CDI’s, I have PTSD-like flashbacks to the Ranger Profession Balance CDI which can only be described as a cluster kitten.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Communicating with you

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

This thread is a great example as to why the devs might be unwilling to communicate.

As soon as anyone with a red post name says something the flood-gates open and the thread is usually either derailed, turns to posts about how it is not enough and that it is too late anyway or simply contains abuse and/or claims that the only thing the thread is, is PR and lies.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Communicating with you

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Clearing up the air would be a good stepping stone in the direction of repairing communication. It can’t be easy having to wade through a lot of our(the community’s) verbal garbage and abuse. I for one know I get ticked on here a lot. Things that have been said in the past by the devs need to be clarified. For instance:
*"An expansion’s worth of content". What does that mean?

*I would clear up as to what is happening with past CDIs. What got scrapped? What is moving forward from the CDIs?

*Why do we keep getting told that the precursor thing is still coming when it sounds as if it has taken 3 steps forward and 2 steps back every time you guys talk about it?

*What happened to the PvP Reward Tracks that were supposed to come frequently?

*What happened to the new modes and maps for PvP that were talked about months ago?

*It’s obvious the community wants sweeping changes to the Ranger profession. Why are we only taking baby steps in that direction 5 months after the last feature patch?

*What happened to the Fractal Weapon Boxes that the community was told were being implemented along with Fractal Leaderboards?

I will leave it at that, but most of the stuff I have listed here was stuff we were told was coming and some of these things are going on a year and a half of zero implementation or communication that maybe they have been completely discarded.

I for one would rather know something wasn’t coming than being left in limbo for over a year about something that was said to be coming by the developers.

Thanks for your time.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Communicating with you

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Precursor scavenger hunt…

Tell me again how you don’t talk speculatively?

Please know I do appreciate the time and effort put in to making this post. One long overdue but at least it is now here… Just please don’t make statements that are blatantly untrue…

There are many other instances of features being said that they are being developed some even given a preliminary time table… all to be lost to oblivion never to be spoken of again… I just used precursor scavenger hunt as the most obvious example.

Maybe exactly why they have/should start not discussing things that aren’t coming through the pipes. When they did and it doesn’t come out, people hang that over their heads and throw a fit about how big of a group of liars they are.

I feel like this has happened with another MMO before; but when devs are so transparent that all their ideas are laid out before the community, the community goes absolutely nuts when only 1 of those ideas goes through, and the mere mention of those ideas becomes a ‘promise’. It’s crazy.

Then, the worst thing the devs can do is say “this idea didn’t work out”, oh no, then the community is grabbing pitch forks and torches about how they’ve betrayed the community.

So, the only sane option is to button lip on development ideas and only talk about what is a sure thing, and I guess that’s starting for Anet now.

The CDIs are great because it allows ideas to come out of someone other than the devs; then those ideas don’t become promises because the devs didn’t present them.

Looking forward to the CDIs again, btw.

Conspiracy Theory Bull Kitten

That’s an awfully big list of assumptions you’ve made there.

(edited by Malthurius.6870)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Arrk.6507

Arrk.6507

I feel like this has happened with another MMO before; but when devs are so transparent that all their ideas are laid out before the community, the community goes absolutely nuts when only 1 of those ideas goes through, and the mere mention of those ideas becomes a ‘promise’. It’s crazy.

This is what exactly has never happened to WoW. Okay, some were sad sometimes. Still, the devs communicated any chnages LONG AGO before they took place. All the beta stuff was available world-wide long before it was carried to LIVE. The Dev team spoke to and listened the community all the time. When the community didn’t feel good about a thing or two, these things were changed rightaway. All of them. Now, that’s a game. Still, I can’t play WoW as it’s too outdated in the Engine terms.

The buggest example proving that ANet is wrong with their communication to the community base is that upone the release, no one (apart for the alpha players) knew how to create a Legendary weapon. They figured this out and bought off all of the starting precursors upon release. ANet didnt chage the formulas, didnt do anything anything about this. They just gave some big wealth to thier friends and some random alpha players. And no, when something like that hit GW1 market, whole game was rolled backed. To many accounts were banned as well.

What happens now? ANet doesnt care. Pls throw in some more cash shop items so the ppl would buy them.

Communicating with you

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I don’t get it…you say anet is listening to but by the looks of it, your not doing the other part, which is DOING… you can’t just listen.

From my point of view, ya your listening alright, its just you choose to ignore a lot of things players ask for… why is that? My assumption is – the amount of work/resources needed…

Judging from nearly 2 years of this game.. anet wants to put in a minimal effort for adding things the community has been dying for… precursor crafting, new pvp modes, ACTUAL WVW CHANGES, GvG, Laundry list of Mesmer bugs, Pathetic state of dungeons, the list goes on and on

The recent CDI’s have had great community interaction but little has been actually done… you get our suggestions and just don’t care about it because it takes too much effort I suppose… Just look at the Ranger CDI… so much good suggestions and what do we have to show for it? Pets are still broken and now all you are doing is turning Longbow into a machine gun.

PvP roadmap from a year ago has gone completely off the road lol.

It’s pretty much pointless to even bother talking to anet about the communities suggestions on developing things…unless its a real simple change (such as the price tag on color commander tags), anet won’t bother with it…

Focus will remain completely on LS+gemstore (and ofc, the best tooltips found in any MMO lol)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

@Arena Net.

What about that WvW CDI which was supposed to come after Season 2 ended?

(edited by Nick.6972)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

This is what exactly has never happened to WoW. Okay, some were sad sometimes. Still, the devs communicated any chnages LONG AGO before they took place. All the beta stuff was available world-wide long before it was carried to LIVE. The Dev team spoke to and listened the community all the time. When the community didn’t feel good about a thing or two, these things were changed rightaway. All of them. Now, that’s a game. Still, I can’t play WoW as it’s too outdated in the Engine terms.

The buggest example proving that ANet is wrong with their communication to the community base is that upone the release, no one (apart for the alpha players) knew how to create a Legendary weapon. They figured this out and bought off all of the starting precursors upon release. ANet didnt chage the formulas, didnt do anything anything about this. They just gave some big wealth to thier friends and some random alpha players. And no, when something like that hit GW1 market, whole game was rolled backed. To many accounts were banned as well.

What happens now? ANet doesnt care. Pls throw in some more cash shop items so the ppl would buy them.

The recipies did change; slightly, but they did. They remained similar enough where alpha players had a good idea of what to do, but there were still unknowns; but what kind of arguement is this? Alpha players had more advantages than just that, and any member of any MMO friends and family alpha have a huge advantage over the common player.

I didn’t want to bring it up, but Blizzard was very intelligent about when they talked about features. They usually didn’t even have to because they would put leaks into their patches for sites like MMO-Champion to look through and understand what’s coming up. Rarely did a dev state an up coming feature before it was visable to the public. The only time this didn’t happen was with expansions, and there are examples of Blizzard teasing features in expansions and not releasing them (COUGH COUGH DANCE STUDIO COUGH COUGH PATH OF TITANS COUGH).

And Blizzard has their cash shop which I despise so much it made me quit. It was too much to take to monetize micro transactions AND a sub fee.

I played WoW for years, and I can make a list of when their dev communication was just as much of a run around, if not more so, than Arena Net. This is derailing though, so we should probably drop it.

(edited by Malthurius.6870)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

So when we attend a trade show or give an interview, we’re there to talk about what we’re getting ready to ship, not to speculate on what we might ship someday.

Sorry to say this Mike, but Colin has done precisely this, time and time again, as have some of your other figureheads. You’re (as an entity) very reluctant to talk about anything substantial to the people that play the game.

This interview that we saw earlier in the week on guildmag.com was completely farcicle. I don’t know who vets these responses even getting out to the public, but if you’re not there to talk about the question at hand and completely sidestep it, then why have the interview at all?

From what I’ve seen of the machinations behind GW2, I think a lot of you have missed your calling in life as politicians instead. You’d make a lot more money, be under as much stress and still be at liberty to sidestep questions thrown at you.

Seriously though, we need some concrete information on what’s happening with our game, not airy-fairy, half-thought-out presumptions on when we might see content. As a lot of people have suggested already, much of the most requested stuff in the game is almost 2 years old, and still yet to see the light of day. I don’t think I have to give examples of what I’m talking about; it’s usually seen on the first page of most of the sub-forum categories.

Anyway, we need a bit more action on these in-game areas, and far less talk and redesign. While you’re in the backrooms milling over how to release something, you have thousands of people waiting anxiously on what’s actually going to make a certain release and what isn’t. We need less of this and a given timetable of what is due for release, and if it can’t be done then someone comes in and tells us what won’t make it and why. This is why you’re such poor communicators; because none of this happens.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Communicating with you

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

As soon as anyone with a red post name says something the flood-gates open and the thread is usually either derailed,

The only one currently in danger of derailing the thread is yourself.

turns to posts about how it is not enough and that it is too late anyway or simply contains abuse and/or claims that the only thing the thread is, is PR and lies.

I know you’ll ultimately disagree, because you’re you, but the devs brought that upon themselves. And they’re going to have to deal with it in order to regain any trust.

Is it fair? Probably not.

But that’s the price one pays to work in a customer-based industry. ANet isn’t going to get cut any slack on that front.

Also note, and I’m speaking specifically to you in this instance, Krall; the mood in this thread has been somber, but ultimately not very insulting. Have people remained unimpressed? Yes. But that’s fair. Have some people been insulting? Yes, and they should be dealt with. However, very few posts have actively attacked the devs. Most of the posts have simply stated that they need to get it together. That is a perfectly fair statement to make. This thread has been very much calm, all things considered.

Communicating with you

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

Communicating with you……………….about CDIs.

Why don’t you Communicate with us………….about SAB?
OR
Communicate with us……………..about Precursor Scavenger Hunt?
Since those are the 2 hottest topics most people want you to communicate with us.

I just love the thread topic, but 5 pages in all we heard was: “There will be CDI topics, that will impact the game probably after 6 months or more.”

Who cares, give us the information, so that we can finally decide if it is worth waiting for those 2 things, or just move on to other games…

(edited by jaka.9635)

Communicating with you

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

Oh here is another one you could:

Communicate with you……………about the lag that is happening the last week ?

I don’t know, Communicate about the “important” and/or “relevant” things…

(edited by jaka.9635)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

I hope Mike and the other devs understood something from all this.

You guys really need to post a little more on the forums. Like honestly it doesn’t even matter what or how much you post as long as there’s some RED on the front page. You don’t have to give away info on projects or anything. I mean seriously, even before you almost never gave away that much info on what’s coming up next, but you guys still posted on the forums from time to time. I understand it’s summer and probably some of you went on vacation (I hope you had fun) but a little post here and there won’t hurt, I mean I’m pretty sure you left someone back at the office, or you all just went on a group vacation?
Anyway the main point here is the people that visit this forum get antsy really fast if they feel they’re being ignored. Let this be a lesson. Try giving them posts more often, even if they don’t contain any info.
TL;DR: Please the masses more.
EDIT: AND FOR KITTEN’S SAKE HIRE A KITTENING DUNGEON TEAM ALREADY.

Communicating with you

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

Mike, if you just had people post a short post or two like Isaiah just did in the traits thread… WIN!

You don’t have to be ultra detailed, but knowing the general game plan or at least a project or two that is being considered and / orcoded would go miles. MILES!

(edited by petespri.6548)