Confessions

Confessions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Every now and then i enter a path sellers lfg and say they should be ashamed of themselves. Then exit the group.

Every time i see a staff ele i force myself not to vote kick it from a dungeon, instead i grind my teeth and watch it how he/she spams fireballs with no attument switch ever and then die max range from all of us. Then i don’t res him/her the whole run because f you start using dodge and stop checking your facebook.

I do the same from above when a necro is in a group. Or a ranger. Because max range-spamming 1 rocks.

I change my armor’s apperance way to often. Sometimes weekly.

After i flushed 200gold in mystic forge and only got a few pearl exotics i quit playing for 2 months.

I like like world completion it relaxes me.

I strongly resent people who ping precursor drops on world boss event. I’m jelous besause in 2 years of playing the most expensive item that dropped to me is a hammer worth 20 gold.

I like running fractals even tho i know i’m going to get a uninfused ring on lvl 50.

Once i vote kicked afk-er on the phone after being afk for 10 min because i wanted to finish asuran fractal because Mentalist was on in 30 min on tv and i wanted to watch it.

(edited by Oxidia.8103)

Confessions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I strongly resent people who ping precursor drops on world boss eventa. I’m jelous besause in 2 years of playing the most expensive item that dropped to me is a hammer worth 20 gold.

Most people that ping precursor drops at world bosses are just pasting the code in chat. Either that or almost every time I do a world boss someone gets a precursor.

The Burninator

Confessions

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I once decided not to rez a teammate in wvw because they were an Asura.

I regret nothing!

Confessions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I strongly resent people who ping precursor drops on world boss eventa. I’m jelous besause in 2 years of playing the most expensive item that dropped to me is a hammer worth 20 gold.

Most people that ping precursor drops at world bosses are just pasting the code in chat. Either that or almost every time I do a world boss someone gets a precursor.

I 1-up them and post Eternity followed by “THANKS RNG! :O”

Confessions

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Staff fire ele is the highest DPS in game. It is the go to build for additional eles in a party, with one going scepter or dagger focus for might stacks. Just wanted you to know. You should be pleased when you see a staff ele not attunement swapping unless they need to stack swiftness or want to use their earth blast.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Confessions

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I sometimes dance/laugh on the corpses of guardians/thieves/warriors in WvW, when roaming. If people play one of these professions and still manage to die, they deserve it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Moderator)

Confessions

Oxidia.8103

Staff fire ele is the highest DPS in game. It is the go to build for additional eles in a party, with one going scepter or dagger focus for might stacks. Just wanted you to know. You should be pleased when you see a staff ele not attunement swapping unless they need to stack swiftness or want to use their earth blast.

Spamming 1 all the time with 3 signets and not moving at all at boss fights? No thanks.

Staff ele on mai trin? Witnessed today it can’t last literally 5 seconds in a fight.

Staff ele is fine on www when you need to control the crowd with stuns and freezes, but it is useless because bosses go right though it on dungeons.

Confessions

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Spamming 1 all the time with 3 signets and not moving at all at boss fights? No thanks.

Staff ele on mai trin? Witnessed today it can’t last literally 5 seconds in a fight.

Staff ele is fine on www when you need to control the crowd with stuns and freezes, but it is useless because bosses go right though it on dungeons.

I’m not talking about signet weird builds. But the meta is the meta for a reason.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Confessions

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Every now and then i enter a path sellers lfg and say they should be ashamed of themselves. Then exit the group.

Every time i see a staff ele i force myself not to vote kick it from a dungeon, instead i grind my teeth and watch it how he/she spams fireballs with no attument switch ever and then die max range from all of us. Then i don’t res him/her the whole run because f you start using dodge and stop checking your facebook.

I do the same from above when a necro is in a group. Or a ranger. Because max range-spamming 1 rocks.

After i flushed 200gold in mystic forge and only got a few pearl exotics i quit playing for 2 months.

I strongly resent people who ping precursor drops on world boss event. I’m jelous besause in 2 years of playing the most expensive item that dropped to me is a hammer worth 20 gold.

I like running fractals even tho i know i’m going to get a uninfused ring on lvl 50.

Once i vote kicked afk-er on the phone after being afk for 10 min because i wanted to finish asuran fractal because Mentalist was on in 30 min on tv and i wanted to watch it.

This post is filled with so much fail.

Paragraph 1: Ever actually enter the path to see if the person completed every boss, aka legit solo’d the path? Because when I sell Arah, I complete the path. When I check other parties, I’d say 75% are legit sellers

Paragraph 2: Staff ele camping fire is actually the highest personal DPS build in the game. Usually you bring it when you have a second ele in the group (the other will run scepter for might stacking) or if the ele wants a relaxed playstyle build.

Paragraph 3: Well, I can’t disagree with you here. Though you should actually check to see if the ranger is running Sword/Warhorn or /axe and using frost spirit and spotter, because that’s actually a good build.

And the rest is just things you enjoy doing, minus the mystic forge (your RNG isn’t that bad) and the fractal kicking (patience please.)

Confessions

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I don’t worry about how other players are playing, even in zone events and WvW, and enjoy what I can about the game without feeling jealous, or worrying about their build, their signets, their gear, because I know I am playing to best of my abillity which includes a customized min/max build/gear based entirely on optimizing how I play, my skill set, etcetera and I am constantly looking to improve.

I confess, I’ve run explorables and fractals with only 4 in a group and 1-shotted Arah paths first time just fine.

I confess, I don’t worry about whether other people share my values or perspective because frankly, I don’t have time.

And I further confess that I don’t feel entitled to anything out here except, maybe now, the ability to confess.

Thanks for the thread, it was a relief to type all that.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Confessions

Oxidia.8103

Thanks for the thread, it was a relief to type all that.

I know that’s why i made it

Confessions

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I confess that I’m genuinely happy for people when they link good drops in chat.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Confessions

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

I purchased a second account so my hardcore WvW and GvG friends don’t know I like to level alts with new players like a filthy-casual.

I occasionally participate in EotM k-trains and throw down trebuchets in place of rams to waste supply and slow the process.

I run judge’s intervention in WvW skill groups because I want to be an first-clash hero.

I join mass recruit guilds so I can complain about mass recruit guilds.

I repeatedly boast about 6k hours spent playing the game even though the bulk of that was whining about the state of the game, sitting idle in Lion’s Arch, or leaving the game on overnight.

I complain about the gem store but have, since launch, spent $200+ in it.

I rarely post but lurk on the forums silently judging the community here. Ten out of ten times the judgements are negative.

I keep a saved file of forum topics that I have written but never posted.

Kegmaster

Confessions

Posted by: TheRyftLord.5820

TheRyftLord.5820

My question is why hate people for a prefered playstyle if it works?
Coming from a primarily PvE player.

[I apparently missed the entire point of the thread since it sounded like ranting in the beginnging, my bad <.<]

(edited by TheRyftLord.5820)

Confessions

Posted by: Eglesia.5049

Eglesia.5049

I find out of maps/bugs/exploits/etc. and report most to A-Net.
I buy outfitters in WvW, just to waste supply.
I say I’ll scout x post, but never actually do it.
I like to look at bunnies, rainbows and unicorns while prancing through a field of sunfowers. (Don’t hate) ;-)

Confessions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I save the Quaggan in Frostgorge. And I’m not ashamed.

I love the noises Charr make when they are rolling around on fire.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Confessions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I purchased a second account so my hardcore WvW and GvG friends don’t know I like to level alts with new players like a filthy-casual.

I occasionally participate in EotM k-trains and throw down trebuchets in place of rams to waste supply and slow the process.

I run judge’s intervention in WvW skill groups because I want to be an first-clash hero.

I join mass recruit guilds so I can complain about mass recruit guilds.

I repeatedly boast about 6k hours spent playing the game even though the bulk of that was whining about the state of the game, sitting idle in Lion’s Arch, or leaving the game on overnight.

I complain about the gem store but have, since launch, spent $200+ in it.

I rarely post but lurk on the forums silently judging the community here. Ten out of ten times the judgements are negative.

I keep a saved file of forum topics that I have written but never posted.

I knew…..all of it.

well, not the saved file bit.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Confessions

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I must confess that it brings a smile to my face when I see a dead Charr or Asuran in game.

Confessions

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Every Human Female Thief player got the hairstyle with the flower in the hair and usually with some weird anime colour with underboob black leather armor.

All of them look ridiculous and should get their kitten together.

Confessions

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I sometimes dance/laugh on the corpses of guardians/thieves/warriors in WvW, when roaming. If people play one of these professions and still manage to die, they deserve it.

I usually eat a bunch of Zhaitaffy and vomit on corpses of players that i manage to kill because if they cant kill me first, they deserve it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Confessions

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

This post is filled with so much fail.

Paragraph 1: Ever actually enter the path to see if the person completed every boss, aka legit solo’d the path? Because when I sell Arah, I complete the path. When I check other parties, I’d say 75% are legit sellers

Paragraph 2: Staff ele camping fire is actually the highest personal DPS build in the game. Usually you bring it when you have a second ele in the group (the other will run scepter for might stacking) or if the ele wants a relaxed playstyle build.

Paragraph 3: Well, I can’t disagree with you here. Though you should actually check to see if the ranger is running Sword/Warhorn or /axe and using frost spirit and spotter, because that’s actually a good build.

And the rest is just things you enjoy doing, minus the mystic forge (your RNG isn’t that bad) and the fractal kicking (patience please.)

I enjoy seeing/reading when people do not understand the purpose to threads and that sarcasm and satire are lost on them completely.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Confessions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

LMAO OP! Excellent stuff.

Once there was a guy who ran past me without rezzing to a chest, and then left. A later found the same guy dead. I rezzed him to 90% and walked away. lol

Confessions

TheRyftLord.5820

Ok, now that I acutually figured out the purpose of this thread, here it goes.

I find the Charr to be dull and mostly furry Klingons. [Although they are adorable when they sleep]

Try as I might, most of my characters end up looking the same to me.

I tend to prefer a more practical look for Medium armor.[Bulky Armor on a Thief seems like more hinderance than help.]

I often have “Watch the Skies” or “One They Fear” playing in the background when I do Dragon Champion events.

I often find myself twitching a bit when I see silly names.

Sorry about misreading the thread xD

(edited by TheRyftLord.5820)

Confessions

Posted by: striderpak.9246

striderpak.9246

Just found out my in-game wife was a g i r l , so I had to cry myself to sleep every night…

Confessions

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

I use the white items and wear no armor in pvp just for more fun stomping.

Confessions

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I am a pretty nice guy and have nothing to confess.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Confessions

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

TS is a pretty crappy person

Confessions

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I regret nothing!

Reported for racism.

x3

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Confessions

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I run ham/bow with knights armor in dungeons and fractals even though I know better.

I just can’t take asurans seriously, Its like I’m fighting a build-a-bear.

The fact that you can Michael Phelps it across a lake in full metal armor in this game still kinda bothers me.

I pretend that Mire Waypoint and the Mire Sea were named after me.

I love the map skyhammer, and love to camp the hammer room with “fear me” and “stomp”. Even though it doesn’t help my team win sometimes.

I go to great effort to camp in between zergs and home waypoints just to pick off some poor low levels just trying to get to the K-train on the other side of the map in EoTM. I know its unfair and cruel. I just like their futile attempts to flee.

In the buff.

I think scarlet was a great villain. Everyone hated her and wanted her to die.

Marjory > Kasmeer.

I probably like my 2nd in command more than I should for having met them in a video game.

I harbor probably the biggest troll in Yak’s Bend in my guild. Not because nobody else would take him or that hes a good and helpful player deep down, but because I like to watch him kitten people off that take this game way to seriously and have big but fragile egos. If you are in yaks bend and have met him, you know exactly who this kitten hat is. Yes, we know his a kitten and lambaste him on a regular basis.
t(-.-t) Travis

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Confessions

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

I like all the ranger hate in WvW, it keeps me motivated to stay roaming and doing 1v1’s. Great fun when mindless roamers bump into you thinking you will be an easy kill.

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

Confessions

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

My ele is specced for high DPS, not might stacks, and I don’t slot FrostBow. Everytime someone asks for it, I smile to myself.

My thief is female, underboob cultural armor with flower in her hair, purely to annoy a friend who once commented that he is also sick of the sight of that trend.

Whenever I don’t use Zerker (which is rare) I will still join “Zerk only” groups and just link the zerk stuff from my bags if they gear check.

I joined a large guild just for the Guild Event tokens. I am basically a freeloading squatter in the guild who doesn’t take part in anything else.

Confessions

Posted by: thebluepill.3041

thebluepill.3041

I think that people who play Humans, in a game with five races, are boring, bland, casual ****s.

Confessions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i love it when a group fights a champion and they keep on dying, but when i join in with my necro they think i can’t keep up and end up saving them and killing the champ XD

Confessions

TheRyftLord.5820

i love it when a group fights a champion and they keep on dying, but when i join in with my necro they think i can’t keep up and end up saving them and killing the champ XD

But, but.. you left out the bit where you make them your undead servants

Confessions

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Staff Elementalists are for might stacking.

Confessions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

But, but.. you left out the bit where you make them your undead servants

details :P

Confessions

Posted by: Atlas Tsahalla.2456

Atlas Tsahalla.2456

I do my best not to talk to/help players with wacky, non-RPing names…sort of a problem I have

Confessions

Morsus.5106

I think people who play other genders are creeps (unless it’s a game where you have no choice. Then it’s fine. Or if you get some bonus out of it like in Fire Emblem)

Confessions

Posted by: Organization Sekhen.2481

Organization Sekhen.2481

I do the same from above when a necro is in a group. Or a ranger.

Haha, yeah.
It is ranger is currently great in the dungeon meta or anything…

Hint hint

Confessions

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I once thought Necromancers were sub par in dungeons too then I had one join my AC all paths run.

He did really well. When the Spider Queen was about to spit venom fields, he managed to time his fear at the right second and ran a good DPS build (dagger/dagger)

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Confessions

Posted by: Willy Savage.5043

Willy Savage.5043

Whenever I have nothing to do for thirty or so minutes, I run turret decap engie in hotjoin pvp and only post “lol” in the map chat when they can’t kill me.

Confessions

Posted by: Blingbearer.3965

Blingbearer.3965

Here are my confessions;

I play a D/D elementalist because I like the combat style. Even though I should probably use a staff, I can’t resist charging at Fractal bosses or attempting to duel Mai Trin.

I don’t summon the Fiery Greatsword because I can’t use it properly. I die amusingly horrible deaths after spinning off cliffs. I’m looking at you, Volcanic fractal.

I actually type kitten instead of waiting for the forum filter. It’s affected my actual swearing.

I killed Bandit at the Queensdale champion train to irritate the train once. They didn’t give a kitten, I was disappointed.

I will immediately change direction to save downed people on my minimap. I have to resist the urge to apologise when they die a moment before I arrive.

The true hero of the living story is stoic, strong, and never gives up. He’s supported Rox through all her troubles, so I feel good when I res that guy. Go Frostbite!

Confessions

Morsus.5106

I once thought Necromancers were sub par in dungeons too then I had one join my AC all paths run.

He did really well. When the Spider Queen was about to spit venom fields, he managed to time his fear at the right second and ran a good DPS build (dagger/dagger)

The thing with most “bad” classes are the fact they are more difficult to play well not a bad class. Playing a Warrior is decently hard to do poorly, whereas you can play Necromancer poorly pretty easily. Both can provide great help in dungeons though.

Confessions

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I regret nothing!

Reported for racism.

x3

Charr for life!

Confessions

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I usually eat a bunch of Zhaitaffy and vomit on corpses of players that i manage to kill because if they cant kill me first, they deserve it.

Suddenly i found a reason to get more zhaitaffy’s! Thanks lol.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Confessions

TheRyftLord.5820

I regret nothing!

Reported for racism.

x3

Charr for life!

Aww, pretty kitty.

Confessions

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

I like to RP all my characters to the point that if someone calls my Charr ugly, I get personally offended. She’s the most beautiful white sparkle princess kitty ever and you need to keep your horrible opinions to yourself.

Yes, I’m a nutter.

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

Confessions

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

I run ham/bow with knights armor in dungeons and fractals even though I know better.

I just can’t take asurans seriously, Its like I’m fighting a build-a-bear.

The fact that you can Michael Phelps it across a lake in full metal armor in this game still kinda bothers me.

I pretend that Mire Waypoint and the Mire Sea were named after me.

I love the map skyhammer, and love to camp the hammer room with “fear me” and “stomp”. Even though it doesn’t help my team win sometimes.

I go to great effort to camp in between zergs and home waypoints just to pick off some poor low levels just trying to get to the K-train on the other side of the map in EoTM. I know its unfair and cruel. I just like their futile attempts to flee.

In the buff.

I think scarlet was a great villain. Everyone hated her and wanted her to die.

Marjory > Kasmeer.

I probably like my 2nd in command more than I should for having met them in a video game.

I harbor probably the biggest troll in Yak’s Bend in my guild. Not because nobody else would take him or that hes a good and helpful player deep down, but because I like to watch him kitten people off that take this game way to seriously and have big but fragile egos. If you are in yaks bend and have met him, you know exactly who this kitten hat is. Yes, we know his a kitten and lambaste him on a regular basis.
t(-.-t) Travis

You make me so happpyyyy))

Except for like Marjoram.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Confessions

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think people who play other genders are creeps (unless it’s a game where you have no choice. Then it’s fine. Or if you get some bonus out of it like in Fire Emblem)

What do you think of males that just like to look a the backside of a male character exclusively? Just a counter point to your irrational thoughts…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Confessions

Morsus.5106

What do you think of males that just like to look a the backside of a male character exclusively? Just a counter point to your irrational thoughts…..

If you play a game to get turned on, you have a bigger problem than my “irrational thinking”.