Confessions

Confessions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

• Sometimes I join unlabeled lfg parties in Open World Content and then do what that party is doing without any idea of what it will be going in.

I’m so mad the personal story doesn’t have more order mentor shenanigans. I have no emotional investment in the final battle with Zhaitan because the characters I really had time to grow fond of and care about arent part of the story anymore.

• The Dredge cultural quirks are really bad (borderline racist?) psudeo-Russian and it makes me uncomfortable. Same with the centaurs, though as antiquated racist stereotypes of indigenous people such as Plains Indians etc. The human’s colonialism and the game’s enthusiastic endorsement of it bugs me and though I have a human character I never play him and don’t want another.
  • I like the bestial hunched over charr better than the more generic “furry” model from gw1. I can watch the char all-fours running animation for ages because it’s so cool to see the animal/human combo in motion.
  • The dialogue between mad king thorn and the prince in the labyrinth is awful to listen to. Child and spousal abuse and violence HAHA what a fun backdrop to have on neverending loop -__-
  • When i’m roaming in wvw if I make awkward eye contact with an enemy but they don’t start attacking, i won’t attack them either and will sometimes just go stand with them before peacefully parting ways. It restores my faith in people.
  • I’m still bitter toys were taken out of wvw.
  • If I fight someone without bronze in their title who seems very new to wvw or can be downed in just a few hits I won’t stomp them, just down them and back off.

Confessions

Posted by: Kesvalk.1674

Kesvalk.1674

I got super bummed out when i discovered that the female phalanx armor have nothing to do with the male one, i really like bulky armor in woman characters and is very difficult to find them in GW2.

I can’t make a old male character because the voice is too young it gets very weird in cut-scenes.

I get depressed every time i see the gold to gems exchange rate, and i think this is what will make me quit the game.

I still didn’t forgave Anet for putting hair-styles behind a pay wall.

I want to see Cantha and a sakkat as a cloth/leather headgear skin (but i know they will just put into the cash shop instead of letting us getting it in some dungeon or such).

I don’t revive people that die to [Righteous Indignation] champs.

I want more content like mad king labyrinth because that a fun zerg full of enemies, reminds me of the old days of Ragnarok Online.

Confessions

Posted by: Krissy.6947

Krissy.6947

*I avoid the mic when I’m on TS with my guild mates, simply because my high pitched voice could possibly drive some poor soul insane

*I like to name my ranger’s pets unoriginal names like, ’I’m With Stupid’ and ‘She Beats Me’

*I may or may not have more than one mesmer <.< >.>

*80% of my toons are sylvairi

*I have supernatural patience when it comes to jumping puzzles

*Usually, I’ll give a shout-out on map chat if I’m at a hard-to-reach vista. It fills my heart with rainbows of goodness to port people up

*I force myself to be super nice in PvE. I have to make up for all the times I’ve moa morphed my enemies in WvW

*I once pugged a dungeon while completely being kitten-faced. Twas the best run ever!

Confessions

Posted by: Iona.2897

Iona.2897

Haha, I like this post!

- Although I have played for 2 years and GW1 for 4+ years before that, I really suck at this game. It actually scares me a little to read the forums as I realize I am even worse than I think, and I don’t understand most of the strategies around (and then realise people will hate me for not playing the way I should).
- Because of that, I am very scared when I have to play with unknown other people, dungeons, etc..
- I hate my 4 first characters’ names, but paying 30£+ to change them is a bit exaggerated. Still, l know that I will do it if I stick to the game (coming months will certainly be determining). For the 4 others, I have given them kittentail’ names and it is much better.
- All my characters are women, have white hairs/fur/branches because I really could not make my mind on how they should look like. They also all wear white and black armors.. I hate my asura and charr, I think they are really ugly.
- I actually lvled up at least 3 characters in WvW because I wanted to learn the mechanisms without loosing time (I really suck at WvW as well..).
- I still haven’t finish the story with any of my character.
- I have OCDs and needed each profession at lvl 80. I still don’t know which one I prefer and am frustrated because I don’t play enough to explore all of them.
- I hate that guardians have heavy armors. It is too much of a change compared to my GW1 monk.
- I find some weapons highly unfitted with some classes. At the beginning I could not bear the idea of a necro with an ax or a mesmer with a sword (I mean really?).
- I am on an EU server, I feel bad when I am matched up against my fellow coutrymen in WvW and I have to kill them.
- I am actively looking for another game to play. However, so far, GW2 still seems to be it for me. Come on, guys, please release some amazing content!

Confessions

Posted by: Qiraa.4130

Qiraa.4130

-I wish the Asuras to be wiped out

Qiraa Kasapi of UNTY, Aurora Glade

Confessions

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Confessions:
- I hated how hard jumping with a charr was so difficult. I made every race except a charr and that took the 11th char slot until I had made one and kept it instead of deleting it. My friend called me a charrcist.

- In a PuG group way back when, the group was infuriated by a Bearbow ranger who kept spamming 4 repeatedly at really inopportune moments. Even after being told to not do it, said person kept doing it. I actually pressed 5 on my mesmer greatsword and did a knockback at a place I never should have and the poor Bearbow ranger got accused of pressing 4 and got immediately vote kicked when in actuality it was me that one time. I felt bad for the bearbow ranger, but didn’t fess up.

- It took 110 tries for me to get a molten jetpack in the dungeon. I hate RNG.

- I really miss the voiceover in Halloween Season 1 when there was a grandma who would tell the Trick or Treaters, “I have no candy to give.” I want to use that as a doorbell chime this Halloween.

(edited by Phantasmal.5631)

Confessions

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Despite some troubling confessions here (and Julissa in particular imo to be the most hardcore) I’m having a good laugh. This is by far the best thread ever created. OP I salute you!

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Confessions

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Here are mine:

1- I hate to Stack and any stupid dungeon meta , i always break the metas just to make elitist noobs mad

2- Everytime i see a Warrior human male i assume he is a kittenbag

3- I hate Norns

4_ I hate Norns

5- I hate the characters that are lvl 80 killing everything they find in low level maps

6- I hate the people who follow trains and ruins the maps like Queensdale , Jormag Map ( idk the name XD) etc…

7- I Hate with my life people who ask for money or mats for his legendary when they alrdy have 1 or 2

9- When i make someone mad in any pvp match , for me i won the match

10- I block everyone who type this in Dungeons or pvp , " ….." Tell what the kitten i did bad!

Confessions

Posted by: Chaialyna.1023

Chaialyna.1023

My ranger runs around in the open world with a brown bear pet, a brown bear mini and a longbow just because. I like and use other pets and weapon sets but in cities especially I make sure she has these out.

I couldn’t stand my sylvari ele until I gave her a makeover from female to male. I can’t seem to stand playing a female sylvari at all.

I want to like playing a necromancer, I really do. I have three. I just can’t seem to find the combination that works for me.

I enjoy playing my asura ele much more than I ever though I would. I’m really glad I ended up giving her one more try before deleting her.

I have 5 guardians, one of each race, each with a different build. If I had to pick just one to keep, it would probably the one I leveled in the first place.

Alts-R-Us ~ All professions at 80 ~ Still leveling characters.
Main? What “main”? I play all of them sooner or later.

Confessions

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

It still bums me out that Heavy Armor lacks skimpy visual options.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

Confessions

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

5- I hate the characters that are lvl 80 killing everything they find in low level maps

Guilty, the story goes; a whole bunch of lower levels where in an event trying to kill charr, they tried and tried, but by the time they got close charr was dead.

After all ways done, I said “I’m so sorry!” – (it was an event that just fit in nicely with a heart quest I was on, so had to be done).

I still can’t figure out why they said “No.. Thank you”

Server: Gate of Madness

Confessions

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

I love hanging out in Queensdale, because it reminds me of my pre searing days in Ascalon…

Confessions

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

- My guardian is on full ascended cleric
- My necro is on full ascended rabid
- My main is a ranger which has 100 AR
- If the team wipes at Mossman on first try, i leave
- My favourite place is the hall of monuments, because it reminds me of GW1
- I spend real money on legendaries because i’m too lazy to farm the items
- One unfriendly word is enough to make me block you
- I find quaggans dumb
- I occasionally buy dungeon runs
- I want asurans back down below the surface, because their technology ruined the mystic feeling of tyria
- I write stupid lfg descriptions
- I assume the story writers to be complete amateurs
- I can’t stand the fact that Logan is an offspring from my beloved Gwen
- I didn’t care about Belinda’s death
- I think Braham looks like a giant hipster baby

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

Confessions

Posted by: sdcmgs.7348

sdcmgs.7348

-I always feel obligated to rez NPC. I do not like to leave until they are all alive.
-I love Scarlet Briar when most people hate her.
-I think Quaggans are cute but the way they talk annoys me
-I’ve only done one dungeon since release
-I’ve never been to the Fractals and want to
-I wish with every release we will see UW or FoW again
-I want my FoW armor from GW1

Level 80, Sylvari Necromancer
Not So Epic [HAL]

Confessions

Posted by: karakurt.8690

karakurt.8690

Ok…We promised each other.I shouldn’t tell this anyone but I can’t keep this secret anymore.I and Tybalt stole Queen Jennah’s apples…

Confessions

Posted by: CoffeeCow.6508

CoffeeCow.6508

Ok…We promised each other.I shouldn’t tell this anyone but I can’t keep this secret anymore.I and Tybalt stole Queen Jennah’s apples…

hahahahaha omg this made me laugh so hard!!

Confessions

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Sometimes I seriously curse outloud so hard while doing PvP that I think if people heard me they would sue me… >.<

When there is another person playing my same profession in a dungeon team, I hope all the time the other will be downed and look less good than me Q.Q

Whenever I am after a Legendary, I feel as if every person around me has that specific Legendary, example: when I was after Meteorlogicus, it was like it was the only Legendary in game and I was always surrounded by people with it, now that I have it, they disappeared and Bifrost owners have replaced them! xD

I am jealous of my turret when I play Tequatl and I am paranoid about people trying to steal it from me. u.u

When I play with my sister and she goes afk, I pull anything possible against her character to get it killed… o.o’

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Confessions

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

- I’ve been in more guilds in this game than I have in my last 15 years of gaming all together.
- I will only play and level a character if i think it looks cool, and I refuse to play a character if I think it looks ugly.
- I once leveled a Norn Ranger to 65 and deleted him because I felt that his voice didn’t match his look. (he was a fat dark skinned bearded norn)
- I sometimes spend hours… HOURS… thinking of a good name for a new character.
- I quit this game every couple of months when ever I feel like the RNG is being especially unfair to me.
- I Have 19 characters, 14 on this acct and 5 on another.
- I have 3 necros, and 3 engies just because I didn’t want to pay to retrait. (before the change)
- I bought my second acct for my girlfriend, hoping I could get her into this game. She ended up making one character and playing for 15 minutes. Now i have 5 extra characters. /sad
- I have been playing (for the most part) since beta, and have only gotten a total of 2 exotics to drop for me. And I still occasionally fool myself into believing that I will one day get a precursor.
- Sometimes I log in and just jump around in circles for an hour while reading Map Chat, then log off.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Confessions

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

Any time there is someone else with me near the top of the clock tower, I take the route less walked on to reach the top so I can show off a little. ^.^

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Confessions

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I hate Quaggans almost as much as I hate Dredge. They should be extinct.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Confessions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I follow newbies around in starting areas, until they either become paranoid and think I’m stealing their kills and drops or following for some other shady reason, or think I’m an NPC or AI-controlled character of some sort. Some waypoint away, but predicting the waypoint the are going to use is usually simple, as they tend to pick the closest one. I personally like when they get daring and take advantage of having a killing machine following them to get into places that are dangerous for their current level. Like those who go to Beggar’s Burrow in Queensdale.

After they made outfits account-wide, I bought all that are available. The toys that came with them are not account-wide in some “Toys and Tools” tab in the Bank as they should, though. Anyways, I put all those toys in a character. Whenever I see people doing Costume brawl I open the inventory, filter “toy” and have them all ready on screen, now I can quikly switch between all toys. So I pop a Cloak from the Bloody Prince’s Staff, get right in the middle of the fray, then do Executioner’s axe 3, Mad King’s scepter 3, Enchanted Broom 3, and Enchanted Broom 4. Anyone caught in the full combo is knocked out, while I’m invulnerable, and you can get A LOT of people caught in the combo.
And I don’t even need to do that! I had King of the Costume brawl maxed from the previous Haloween, by using an Endless Mystery Tonic I got from a black lion chest a long time ago, mostly with the Imp and Golem forms.
If I manage to get 25 stacks of King of the Costume brawl before everyone gets fed up and leaves, I ride the enchanted broom to get the protection and /sit while some people still tries to hit me.
It’s incredible the patience people have with these toys. Some will keep trying to hit me even if their are in some useless form like the ooze or the plastic spiders, even though I keep taking them out again and again.
They really need to balance these toys. Add a cooldown to switching between toys or something.

Whenever I read anyone complaining about an event not being failed on purpose, I’ll go there and help anyone who wants to finish the event, then stay there for as long as I can, helping the NPCs against any further unscrupulous greedy traitors trying to get them killed or enslaved or gods know what.

Whenever some mesmer has the audacity of looking down on my character by popping one of their filthy, disgusting portals in a jumping puzzle. I show them up by doing the puzzle faster than them.
They should give all jumping puzzles a “Dampener” effect that disables the usage of any for of movement skill like mesmer Portals or Jump Shot. That’ll teach’em the lesson they deserve! Hmpf! The hubris!

Remember kids, always keep in mind: “What would the Mad King do?”
Whenever I see someone downed or defeated an there’s no one else anywhere nearby to help them, I quickly run to them yelling “Hang in there! I’m coming!”
When I arrive, I either /point @ and /laugh at them, or Revive just to the very top of the health, then /point @ and /laugh. If they do not rage and waypoint away right away, I finish reviving them. Very few people passes the test, though, even though all the had to do is waiting just 1-2 seconds. Maybe I should start giving also a reward to those who pass the test and do not rage and waypoint away, like some candy or something. Oh, I know. I’ll get me a batch of pumpkin cookies for that.

I ignore anyone who whispers to me while they are in /say range. If they have anything to say to me, they better say it out loud for the rest of the class to hear.

While in PvP, I stay in character.
The story? My team, The Brave, are there to stabilize a series of Fractals for the Zaishen. The objective, destroying The Cowards, an army of ghosts that used to serve the Zaishen in the Hall of Heroes and have gone rogue for some reason, trying to run away and using every single despicable and dishonorable tactic that can come up with in an attempt to prevent their inevitable defeats.
So I refer to the opposing team as “Coward Mists Ghosts”.
For some reason some of the mists ghosts don’t take kindly to the moniker.
But who cares? They are not real. They are just ghosts who think that are real people but are only magical constructs made of mists and ectoplasm, and that will disperse back into the mists once my teams leaves the map. They just don’t realize it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Confessions

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

-I cry every time I see the image of Eir holding a dead Snaff ([img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/2ad710983b921b73bd7cd43052c7103a/tumblr_n6p28kj1JD1s6c8gro1_500.jpg[/img]

Everyone knows that a party in Guild Wars 2 can only have 5 people in it. If Zojja came along with Snaff, Logan wouldn’t have been able to join the party, anyway, because it was full, so he might as well have stayed behind with the Queen, otherwise someone would have had to kick Zojja from the party and then she’d be endlessly pouting about that, instead.

(My confession is that I kinda like Logan.)

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

Confessions

Posted by: Julissa.1476

Julissa.1476

Despite some troubling confessions here (and Julissa in particular imo to be the most hardcore) I’m having a good laugh. This is by far the best thread ever created. OP I salute you!

Teehee, thanks, I guess?

Confessions

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

This is by far the best thread ever created. OP I salute you!

I salute you too fellow confession…eer? I just thought it would be fun to share some confessions and to create a thread where people can write some confessions, funny or more serious, it’s kind of a relief to write some things and post it here

Confessions

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

I like to say to asura players that they are tasty and good to eat.
I also like to look, and breath heavly at female sylvarys that people that make to look pretty and not the creepy bugged eyed ones as standard on the comunity

Confessions

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I did not read the complete thread but from the OP’s first post…

“Every time i see a staff ele i force myself not to vote kick it from a dungeon, instead i grind my teeth and watch it how he/she spams fireballs with no attument switch ever and then die max range from all of us. "

Well excuse me Mr. Perfect but if you spend so much time watching to see if a staff ele switches attunements then exactly how much are you contributing to the effort? I have used my staff ele numerous times against bosses and although I tend to stay in fire I will swap to water for healing purposes then back to fire. Since it takes 10 seconds to swap back into fire after swapping out then you would have to be focusing your attention on your party bar to see what attunement the ele is in for 10 seconds at a time.

Edit: Ever stop to think that perhaps the reason the staff ele died at range is that they spent their time in water to heal the group instead of themselves? Of course you did not think about that as it is about you!

By the way I have 9 level 80s and am quite aware of how each of the professions work!

Theftwind (HoD)

(edited by Theftwind.8976)

Confessions

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I did not read the complete thread but from the OP’s first post…

“Every time i see a staff ele i force myself not to vote kick it from a dungeon, instead i grind my teeth and watch it how he/she spams fireballs with no attument switch ever and then die max range from all of us. "

Well excuse me Mr. Perfect but if you spend so much time watching to see if a staff ele switches attunements then exactly how much are you contributing to the effort? I have used my staff ele numerous times against bosses and although I tend to stay in fire I will swap to water for healing purposes then back to fire. Since it takes 10 seconds to swap back into fire after swapping out then you would have to be focusing your attention on your party bar to see what attunement the ele is in for 10 seconds at a time.

Edit: Ever stop to think that perhaps the reason the staff ele died at range is that they spent their time in water to heal the group instead of themselves? Of course you did not think about that as it is about you!

By the way I have 9 level 80s and am quite aware of how each of the professions work!

You’ve missed the point of this thread, lol. Just saying. Try not to judge others for their confessions. If they are confessing them they obviously know there is some Taboo in feeling/thinking how they do. Its not YOUR right to judge anyway, because I am sure you have some less than desirable things about you when it comes to the game.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Confessions

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Regarding waterfield, it has never been seen on other players, just ele who is, you guessed it, hogging it milion meters away and still die. Judging from 6+ pug partyes a day.

My main is ele so if there is other ele in party i take extra attention what he/she is doing.

I have 5 lvl 80’s and still have no idea how other classes work, but i got in a hang of an ele. I played around 1900 hours only on ele and gave cca 600 hours per weapon set to see staff is the most lazy sluggish ungratefull weapon set but people still love it because they think they will be safe from max range. Mai trin, bloomhunger, mossman and all other bosses ever strongly disagree.

I don’t like your attitude, in this thread we don’t judge. Or diss other posters. We just confess.

(edited by Oxidia.8103)

Confessions

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Confession:

I didn’t read any of the posts in this thread

Confessions

Posted by: Eileane.3845

Eileane.3845

- I just wasted 5 min of my time reading posts in this thread
- I didn`t laugh at any of them
- I don`t trust anybody that is taller than an Asura
- I hate Charrs wagging around their tails in my face when i`m raiding. It makes me sneeze in rl.
- I think ppl playing a pink Charr and pink troll hair watch the Kardashians
- Charrs are taller than Asura, I don`t trust them
- Humans are taller as well, never lend them cash
- Tyria would be screwed without the Asuran intelligence. Live with it!
- Norn females have big butts. If I was tall enough I`d slap all of them

Boxie Togg (main)… probably Tyrias only Asuran Mesmer that ultimately fails at jumping puzzles
Stinky McLane… the only Necro known to have a toothpaste fetish
Lefty (give me a second) Fiddlesticks… one Engineer, two clumbsy hands…

Confessions

Posted by: EntropiaFox.4109

EntropiaFox.4109

I confess…

- I’ve never been in a party bigger than three people since I’ve started playing a year ago. Zergs and trains and whatever fancy name you give to a blob of people smooshing the same thing, yeah. But not a party proper.

- I’ve never been in a party bigger than three people (A friend and a friend of a friend) because I’m too shy to LFG. :c As a consequence, I’ve never done any dungeon, and I’ve got two level 80 characters.

- Despite my previous confession, I’d really want to have a regular group to do dungeons and fractals with.

- Asura are adorable, but 80% of the face choices for them are terrible. It’s even more jarring with the male Asura, what if I don’t want mine to look like a gremlin’s kitten? D:<

- Female Charr look absurd in dresses, so I’m glad it’s not a common occurrence.

- I might have a little bit of prejudice towards Human Warriors. More often than not, they tend to be the first ones to get downed/defeated whenever I’m in a group, blindly charging and never bothering to dodge. So I cringe a bit every time I see one.

- I don’t like when people go “Necromancer = Evil” when roleplaying. We’ve even got TWO necromancers in the lore that are as good as you can be, Trahearne and Marjory!

- I thoroughly enjoy the schadenfreude ensuing whenever people who tell me my build is crap in open world content end up dying first, sometimes over and over again, or just not dealing enough damage. Sure boys, it might not be “the meta”, but if it’s stupid and it works, it’s not stupid!

Confessions

Posted by: thepinkthingy.5921

thepinkthingy.5921

Alright, here we go.

-I confess that I was laughing at some of the confessions here until I saw a serious post (who didn’t get the idea of the topic) and I thought: Mate, have a break, have a Kit Kat.
- I love to help newbies, but I go to newbie areas just to stalk newbies, by adding all the peeps I see and check their AP, until I find one. Then I will put in 101% effort in making this newbie talk and I would follow him/her around. I will send a “survival package” which consist of food, gold, a weapon, a coat, water, and herbs. Most of the newbies whom I’ve helped and in contact tell others about their first experience in GW2 where a shady looking human stalked and helped them since their arrival.
- I am a hoarder of everything. Weapons, crafting ingredients, food…
- Male Sylvaris are hot. I do like Trahearne (everyone gonna hate me for it xD)
- 2 years playing GW2 and no Legendary and no Ascended and no shiny weapons that is almost like a mini Legendary. I’ve gambled so much and I still haven’t got a precursor!
- I love to go to Rata Sum just to jump down/out, hoping that I get a glimpse on how the city looks like outside/bottom.
- I made a few enemy servers angry in WvW by draining supplies at all of the camps just when they are about to cap it.
- I have never finished the PS, and now regretting not finishing it because of the changes to the personal story.
- I only use an Ele in dungeons. Ask me to use my Guard and I’ll be first to die.
- Everytime I see a short, cute looking Asura I just want to scoop them up and put them in my bag and take them home
- I do JP ports with the tallest, female norn without using any tonics. I must be good.
- I hate mesmers and thiefs in WvW. I run away when I see one, even in a zerg. o.O
- As much as EoTM gives better xp/loot/karma, I refuse and have never ever been EoTM. Why EoTM when you can WvW (which is the REAL war) and fight for your server!

They Came We Lag [LAG]
Isle of Janthir
#MakeIoJgreatagain

(edited by thepinkthingy.5921)

Confessions

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

*I dislike when people ask when a world boss is going to start.

*I really dislike seeing LFG every 20 seconds when i go to EOTM (just freaking wait till the next LFG and join that group seriously!)

*I am only rank 2 in fractals

*I was very annoyed in June when people still didn’t know where the mystic forge was in LA

*I’ve been hoarding materials for the inevitable Jewelcrafting to 500 since about March (750 silver ingots, 650 gold ingots 700 plat ingots and 40 lumps of mithrillium plus whatever ore ive found since august) and i still hope for it with every update!

*I’ve ruled out getting Maudrey due to fractals being part of the requirement yet i dont fault ANet because they are trying to reward people for doing lots of different things in the game

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

(edited by Gobble D Goop.4081)

Confessions

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I have been planning on quitting the game for a long time now. I never have, and likely never will follow through on that.

I have gotten 3 thieves to level 80 and deleted each of them because I get bored with the class. I’m on my 4th level 80 thief now, and that character delete button looks really shiny.

I kill cows in queensdale when bored.

I have joined LFG parties wearing PVT gear even though they posted “zerk only.”

I have been guildless for well over a year with no regrets.

Some of my level 80 characters don’t have any armor and only serve as a mobile bank.

After about 2 years, I am still a proud rabbit rank in sPvP.

I often set dolyaks on fire because I love their burning death animation.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Confessions

Posted by: moonsugar.4793

moonsugar.4793

I confess…

• that I view players who roll nothing but human characters as dullards.
  • my belief that Asura are the master race. This is so because they’re so kitten cute.
  • I spent around $20 purchasing those restyling kits for my sylvari. Can’t make up my frakin mind how they should look!
  • I take supply from keeps to build my own siege.
  • I run full zerker builds & gear but refuse to join “zerker only” dungeon groups. I find I’m usually more at ease in the non zerker ones.
  • I love the sound of my female Charr’s laughter and will /laugh at the most awkward moments.
  • I run the princess doll mini just to hear her scream inside dungeons.

(edited by moonsugar.4793)

Confessions

Posted by: Condutas.3580

Condutas.3580

UAU this is definately a interesting post… Soo many things I can talk about… Lets see…

• I hate too see people selling dungeons paths, especially ruined city of arah / twilight arbor. Makes me remember how hard it was for me too actually get the dungeon master achievement, I literally was forced too bent over…
  • I do tequatil / triple wurm daily, I hate too see people trash talking in worldchat during them.
  • People going guildless and trying too get turrets during tequatil kills just too troll makes me sad.
  • Players with commanding tag on saying the worst insults in world chat (God! In labryth, during this new halloween event, you see soo much of thoses…)
  • I was, in the not that distant past, in a guild that requires 100% representation… And I was never able too get something as simple as a 5 guildies players for a dungeon like AC or COF. Guild leaders that are reading this, put this in your kitten mind: Dont ask for 100% guild representation if you do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with your own guildies. No dungeons, no fractals, no world bosses kills, not even guild runs or WvsW runs each week is just pathetic…
  • Dont ask for “5k AP players or kick” for some event when you are in that party with 3k AP’s. First of all, AP means totally kitten. Second, doing something like that is just rude and stupid. Lastly, dont ask for requeriments you are unable too follow yourselve.
  • There is life beyond “zerker or GTFO”. I crinch everytime I read one of thoses in the “LFG” tool.
  • I dont mind people playing badly in fractal 1-9, I dont even mind that much some level of unskill from pugs with me in fractals 10-19. But playing like a dog in a fractal 20-39 is just unnaceptable.

And now too the positives!

• I go out of my way too teach any player that says “I never did this”. More times than usually, this also means talking about game stuff for minutes with the player.
  • I always congratulate any player that gets a exotic drop in party/guild chat, even if its just a useless 32 silver worth exotic.
  • I have the utmost respect for commanders that take their time too help others with worldbosses kills. TKS and gw2 community teamspeak commanders have always got (and they always will ) my respect.
  • I actually like the players that aren’t level 80 but have the balls too try AC / COF paths with other players in party. They may be weaker than a 80, they may lack the skills or experience, but they sure as hell have more motivation too end that content than most level 80’s.

Thats it for now

(edited by Condutas.3580)

Confessions

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I blocked a person who was way too friendly.

I never add any asuras to my party because I simply despise the entire race.

I block people making “100k g pls” jokes without feeling any guilt whatsoever.

I hate that elementalists use the mist when rallying, in the middle of me ressing them.

I’m addicted to character creation. Just that part of the game.

I have never succeeded in getting anything amazing in mystic forge, I’ve lost thousands of gold on it, and yet I still try from time to time.

I’m able to dislike players for simply having a commander tag.

I actually dislike skritts.

I spend way too much time doing jumping puzzles.

(edited by Yoroiookami.3485)

Confessions

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

I’m going to confess a thing I did once. I got on Sparkfly Fen about an hour before Teq started, and decided to do my dailies. One of them was Reviver, so like any sensible person I went to the little shipwreck to revive all the wardens.

no wait

I went to Teq’s waypoint where people were AFK-ing and trained Risen onto them until they died, all the while doing my best to make it look like it was an accident or that I was attacking the Risen or running away from them (in actuality, the only things damaging the thralls were my pre-patch scepter clones). I managed to break someone’s armour before he realised he was getting repeatedly revived and moved away.

I still feel bad about that sometimes.

Confessions

Posted by: Fosio.8217

Fosio.8217

I don’t regret deleting all my characters and starting over in 2 different realms (now in my third), because i couldnt get WvW map completion with the previous 2.

I regret spending hundreds of gold experimenting with builds and still having a blank (no equips) Mesmer. Because i enjoy the staff skills but they scale terribly with both Power and Condition damage.

I don’t regret not ever playing Asura.

I found Toilet Paper in-game and it was a happy day.

Orr maps are my favorite but i regret not seeing more undead Asuras there.

Confessions

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I get sick of rezzing stupid people who still don’t get that you should dodge or run out of the big red circles.

I block people who tell me how to ‘spec’ since their way is the ‘best’ and they’re eager to share their wisdom. They tend to think ‘damage’ is the end all, be all since they lack imagination.

I despise the mega servers and miss my old Tarnished Coast community.

And I HATE the whiners who pretty much killed the Queensdale train because of their nonstop complaining.

Gone to Reddit.

Confessions

Posted by: Cavendish.2168

Cavendish.2168

I buy gems… more than I’d like; because working a poopy job irl is better than grinding for ages in this game.

I have leveled most of my characters through crafting. Every time I level to 80 I tell everyone it was for sure my last character, but it never is.

Despite my distaste for elitism I judge people in dungeons who use bad builds and weapons who don’t seem to want to get better.

Confessions

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

I deleted about 20-30 lvl40+ characters and rerolled the same class just because I didn’t like what race the class was, or I noticed a flaw in his looks.

I once had an 40 minute AFK guild member during a fractal run and proposed to kick him so we invite a random until the AFK member comes back. The guild members didn’t want to go through it. (thank God!)

I killed more rabbits than I could count. And I never regretted.

I left my previous guild because I wanted to play solo for a while, but another former guildie proposed to make a guild of our own, which I agreed just because I felt bad saying no. It’s a medium sized guild now, but I still want to quit it and play solo.

I once entered a party that said “Do not enter!” in LFG.

I hate people that sell solo Arah dungeon runs, not because they take gold, but because I wish I could do it.

Once I entered a SE party with a description “6k+ only…” (I did have 6k+), subtly let the team die at about 10-20% of bosses, being the only survivor (sometimes finishing the bosses off) and flaming the party members with arguments such as “This team is the real proof that AP doesn’t represent skill”.

Every time I log in, I check an online status of a member that blocked me 2 months ago and an ANet dev. I don’t know why.

I rarely make PvE/dungeon builds. I make roaming builds and just switch to according weapons if needed. Rarely do I change traits/sigils.

I want to delete my main (ranger) norn and reroll it a charr.

I once killed a quaggan.

I say that I don’t want to create a legendary weapon because I don’t see a use for it, but in reality, I don’t because I’m always broke.

My first ranger build was full signet bearbow. But now that I moved from that I curse every bearbow I see by explaining them that it’s a very bad thing to do. I get upset when they don’t listen to me (90% of situations).

Several times I told people I had AR, while I didn’t, hoping they wouldn’t notice. I worked more than I’m proud noting.

I once did SE p2 with a guild group of underlevels (60-70). It was the funnest dungeon run I had, since we did it how the dungeon was supposed to be done (well over an hour, though). I got a mini from them afterwards.

I hate people posting legendaries in LA map chat.

I love Scritt… Not the good ones.

I hate it that I always hear about an exploit right after ANet hotpatches it. (Halloween included)

That was relieving! ^^

Confessions

Posted by: Kveldulf.7605

Kveldulf.7605

- I NEVER rez random zerkers!

- I HATE full zerk ppl who go like “hurr durr, look at stupid tank…better kick that boss mob as far away as possible”

- I might never kill Zhaitan again, only bc i am VIOLENTLY raging as soon as I see that glitching airship!
(IT’S F***ING ZHAITAN!!!!! WHO DA F***ING F*** GAVE HIS “OK” TO THAT?!?!?!?! GWAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!)

- another reason for me never doing so again is that I HATE Trahearne!!!

- If you are using a GS/Longbow on your ranger I assume you’re 12 y.o. and I hate you

- same goes for you if you first block me bc I soloed the crap out of your fullzerk kitten and then call me “noob”

- When running a dungeon and ppl want to stack, I pull other mobs on purpose and run around

- I hate the fact that this game is full of lesbian NPCs

that felt good

Kveldulf Frost – Thief (Charr)
Wlaadas Frost – Warrior (Charr) Torlic Frost – Guardian (Norn)
http://amalthea-gw2.de

Confessions

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

- I NEVER rez random zerkers!

- I HATE full zerk ppl who go like “hurr durr, look at stupid tank…better kick that boss mob as far away as possible”

- I might never kill Zhaitan again, only bc i am VIOLENTLY raging as soon as I see that glitching airship!
(IT’S F***ING ZHAITAN!!!!! WHO DA F***ING F*** GAVE HIS “OK” TO THAT?!?!?!?! GWAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!)

- If you are using a GS/Longbow on your ranger I assume you’re 12 y.o. and I hate you

- same goes for you if you first block me bc I soloed the crap out of your fullzerk kitten and then call me “noob”

- When running a dungeon and ppl want to stack, I pull other mobs on purpose and run around

- I hate the fact that this game is full of lesbian NPCs

that felt good

You must be a warrior with no alts lol.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Confessions

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

And I thought I was alone in my hatred of Trahearne; (I’m thinking)

• Who let this under powered constantly balanced to a level 1 in my story.
  • This is my personal story, why is he taking over.
  • He such a wimp I could probably beat him with a level 1 character.
  • Oh just “shut up” Trahearne no one wants to hear your waffle!
  • Why can’t I kick this guy out of my party, because he is just standing there doing nothing.
  • Should I /report him for being such a waste of space?

And when I saw him again in Living Story, “Oh not you again, I was hoping you died”

Server: Gate of Madness

Confessions

Posted by: Kveldulf.7605

Kveldulf.7605

“You must be a warrior with no alts lol.”

huh?! BC warri is the only class capable of beeing NOT build fullzerk?…okay…

“[…]And when I saw him again in Living Story, “Oh not you again, I was hoping you died” "
+1 !!!1!1!!1111!!!!!

Kveldulf Frost – Thief (Charr)
Wlaadas Frost – Warrior (Charr) Torlic Frost – Guardian (Norn)
http://amalthea-gw2.de

Confessions

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

And I thought I was alone in my hatred of Trahearne; (I’m thinking)

-I dislike people thinking/saying theyre the only one. Because in most cases theyre far from being the only one. Especially when it comes to things like treehorn, who is universally hated by almost everyone.

-I hate people who like characters like Taimi or Scarlet. I think those are horrible people and their opinions are wrong.

-I dislike Asuras, cause i think every rat midget player is one of those “LE EPIC TROLL XDDD”-players who think theyre funny and are just out to ruin other peoples days, cause theres no way people could actually find them cute.

-Quaggans are useless, annoying and not cute at all. Even in their rage/mutant form they suck.

-I really liked the mysterious steam creatures in Lornars Pass and am still mad that they have been ruined by putting Scarlet behind it.

-I could rant about Anets stupid decisions and how they in my opinion waste the great potential of this game for days and sometimes i do, even tho i know that thats probably not healthy.

-Im upset about how bad Anet is at making money. The vast majority of the things in the Gemshop are kitten and i think they could make way more with better skins and stuff.

-I dont like people playing mostly human chars cause they either look like 12year old boys or sex dolls with downs syndrome. It’s a fantasy game, so go wild with unusual characters/races! But at the same time i have a female human necro alt cause i wanted to play the personal story and i still have that char (in my defense: she looks pretty good since her dumb face is hidden beneath that necromancer facepaint).

-I’m okay with pink hair and those ridiculous hairstyles being in the game, but i think everyone who actually uses them should be banned/punished for having terrible taste

-When i dont feel like dying in WvW i play my thief alt (it’s disgusting how easy it is to get away as a thief, in situations i clearly shouldnt have survived). I feel bad for it.

-I feel like a dirty hipster for having the Kraitkin. (but it’s one of the very few goodlooking legendaries and it fits my necro)

-I hate guardians and nothing might ever change that. It’s your generic paladin class that requires no skill whatsoever, it has been OP (or close to it) since release in every game mode and i consider everyone playing one to be a noob who always goes the way of least resistance.

-I dislike people with dumb opinions who spout stupid kitten here on the forums (Conditions OP, ‘No class is OP’, all the people defending thief) but i cant be bothered to take the time/effort to properly respond and correct them, cause i know the thread will disappear and be forgotten in this godawful forum way too fast and then some other moron will come along and post the same kitten again.

-I also dislike people who say things that are correct (+-cond.duration food OP) for the same reasons: It doesnt change a thing, the thread will be forgotten and a week later someone else posts the exact same thing.

-I feel the urge to kick people in a party who ask ‘no guard?’ cause i consider them useless kittens who cant get through a single dungeon on their own and need the noobclass babysitting them to succeed.

-As a GW1 player starting with prophecies, i didnt like the tutorial at all, except for the catacombs. It was a generic, uninteresting happy fantasy world and i cant understand why people hate the charr so much because of the searing. In my opinion, post-searing ascalon looks better.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Confessions

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

-I’m quite a calm and collected person, but I get shouty in real-life when somebody is killing the things I’m using for interrupts/evades/condition remover for dailies (which I slowly kill for these purposes). Disgusting things come out of my mouth in these circumstances. I’m sure somebody reading this runs around trying to find people doing this just to mess with them :P

-I’m an altoholic and love thinking up character concepts. I spend forever designing them, use an auto-20 scroll and then don’t play them for a year.

-I can’t stop buying costumes/outfits, no matter how unlikely it is I’ll use them. I think a little part of me is hoping that the outfits will be separated into armour skins- I hope one day I’ll be able to mix and match no matter how unlikely this is.

-I sit at the top of “Under New Management” and laugh at everybody who struggles to reach the top. I’ve seen other people apply random speed-boosts to people mid jump, and although I don’t do this personally, I find it hilarious.

-I regularly run free portals from Weyandt’s revenge in LA. A tiny bit of me hopes that somebody runs towards the portal and gets to the portal just as it disappears.

-I love killing people at the beginning of Southsun Cove during the bugged period where you can run to pick up weapons. I’ve now heard that if you kill somebody in this time, they won’t receive a chest for completing the game. I have mixed feelings about this. :P

-I try to make my humanoid female characters as vicious/masculine as possible because I hate the idea of looking like an 8-year old princess. My male characters can be as fab as I want though.

-Never having received a precursor, I get resentful at the game when a named exotic drops for me. “This could’ve been a precursor!”

-I have refused myself a legendary, unless it’s an obscure legendary that I don’t see often. I’d rather spend the money on a skin that is lesser known to add a bit more variety to what I see everyday.

-I like to undercut people on the tradepost for my stuff to sell fast, but I’ll significantly undercut if I can see that it’s an item that is being flipped.

.. I just read what I wrote and realised I’m a horrible person :P On the flip side of all this, I really like to help people and give advice. I’m just plagued by schadenfreude !

Confessions

Posted by: ainekitten.9517

ainekitten.9517

My confessions:

- I’m one of the rare nice people in dungeons. I don’t discriminate based on build, level, gear, or class whatsoever and want to punch every “zerker only” party in the mouth. I also refuse to quit on people, especially someone who is new and trying their best to learn a dungeon because I remember how it felt when I was in their position and had people constantly quitting on me because I made a mistake and didn’t know what I was doing wrong yet.

-I’m a veteran player who has no ascended or legendary stuff because I can’t be bothered to craft. It’s boring and expensive and I would so much rather be doing world bosses, Arah, or fractals any day over grinding for something that difficult. But I still preview all the legendaries on my characters and cry about my laziness because I want them.

- I think guardians are overrated and boring to play. I have no motivation to finish leveling mine because it doesn’t feel like a challenge at all.

- I am a total sucker for the gem store and will buy almost any outfit that gets released. I also obsessively give makeovers especially when new hair/faces come out.

- I have horrible luck with drops despite having a decent magic find %, so for the sake of making the perfect look for my character I will buy exotics, weapon skins, and back items on the TP even if they’re insanely overpriced.

-I take screenshots in game more than I take irl selfies.

-Condi builds are my all time favorite to play.

-I consistently finish my monthly in the first week and I have absolutely no idea why I care enough to finish it that quickly.

-I think Skritt > Quaggans

-I play human and asura females almost exclusively because humans look the trampiest in armor and asura females are adorable and I think their voices are so cute.

Rata Sum = Mursaat
Wake up, Tyria!

(edited by ainekitten.9517)

Confessions

Posted by: Melody Darquess.2867

Melody Darquess.2867

Long term forum lurker, first time poster. I love this thread

- I created 9 female characters during 3 day head start and still have them all.

- I love asurans

- I love necro’s and only play them with condi builds and minions. I don’t care that it’s not the best build/set up.

- I have 3 asura’s and 3 necro’s

- I loathe jumping puzzles so much I “bribed” my partner to do most of them just so I could have the achievement. He now checks every patch to see if there have been any more JP’s added and looks so disappointed when there isn’t one.

- I miss my heroes and merc’s from GW1 so much. I would throw alot money at anet if they brought them back in GW2 for instances/dungeons. (Or alternatively they could have my first born, their choice )

- I loathe dungeons and happily pay for path runs

- I have 13k+ AP and get very tempted to join any lfg’s wanting 6k+ AP just to prove having AP doesn’t mean you are any good at dungeons

- I have enough materials to make 2 bifrosts EXCEPT for the Legend precurser. I live in hope that one day they will introduce a way to get it without RNG

- I love skritts and dislike quaggans

- I spend at least £40-£80 a month of buying gems and have no remorse for that.

- If I go to a world boss event I always use the bobblehead lab as it’s so funny seeing Jormag/Teq etc with bobbleheads.

- I don’t own a zerker set of armour and this doesn’t bother me.