Confessions

Confessions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Long term forum lurker, first time poster. I love this thread

- I created 9 female characters during 3 day head start and still have them all.

- I love asurans

- I love necro’s and only play them with condi builds and minions. I don’t care that it’s not the best build/set up.

- I have 3 asura’s and 3 necro’s

- I loathe jumping puzzles so much I “bribed” my partner to do most of them just so I could have the achievement. He now checks every patch to see if there have been any more JP’s added and looks so disappointed when there isn’t one.

- I miss my heroes and merc’s from GW1 so much. I would throw alot money at anet if they brought them back in GW2 for instances/dungeons. (Or alternatively they could have my first born, their choice )

- I loathe dungeons and happily pay for path runs

- I have 13k+ AP and get very tempted to join any lfg’s wanting 6k+ AP just to prove having AP doesn’t mean you are any good at dungeons

- I have enough materials to make 2 bifrosts EXCEPT for the Legend precurser. I live in hope that one day they will introduce a way to get it without RNG

- I love skritts and dislike quaggans

- I spend at least £40-£80 a month of buying gems and have no remorse for that.

- If I go to a world boss event I always use the bobblehead lab as it’s so funny seeing Jormag/Teq etc with bobbleheads.

- I don’t own a zerker set of armour and this doesn’t bother me.

I now need a partner who would bribe me to do jumping puzzles!

Confessions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

- I love killing rabbits, raccoons, and other helpless creatures with ice, fire, poison, and electricity just to watch the amusing death animations. Particularly fond of the rabbit fire death animation where it tries to put itself out with its paws, and all the ice animations where they just freeze in place and fall over.

- I have far, far too many weapons on most of my characters for no reason other than appearance. They all have the same stats, all will (eventually) have the same sigils, though because I do have so many it often takes me a while before I fully gear them up, its all literally just for different skins. Because I’d rather buy and carry around 2 dozen weapons (or more, my ranger is almost up to 3 dozen >.>) than waste transmutation charges.

~ Likewise with armor, though I haven’t quite reached the point where I have more than 2 sets on any character. Yet. My Guardian might be getting her 3rd set with the new heavy female Carapace, though…

~ Because of both of the above, I have maxed out every character’s bag slots (except my Engineer and Elementalist, since they have less weapons to choose) and have half of those slots taken up by invisible bags for all my excess gear. Only 15 slot bags, because I’m too cheap for higher capacity ones >.>

- I buy recipes for new food and other consumables when they’re first introduced (and thus “cheapest”) for no reason. Even if I never, ever see myself using them, I want them just for the sake of it. Though with that being said, I don’t and likely will never have all of them, so I’m not even a proper completionist. But if I can afford a new recipe, I’ll probably buy it. Recent example, I bought the recipes for Batwing Brew, Crystallized Nougat, and used my Mad King Chest on the recipe for Pumpkin Oil (skipped the Sharpening Skull because its too expensive). I will likely never craft any of them.

~ I keep my characters well-stocked on food and utilities, but almost never use them, since I don’t really do much of the tougher content which requires the added stats (I never WvW, don’t really do dungeons, ect). And if I am doing something tougher that I feel could benefit from a few bonus stats, I’m still hesistant to use them.

~ I’ve wanted to do dungeons since I first hit level 80 a year and a half ago. I have dungeon gear I’d like to get, and it’d be nice to work together with players in a controlled environment and not just a zerg. To this day, I have not done a single dungeon beyond the Living Story related ones. Every time I think I might want to actually bite the bullet and get into it, I read some hate-filled forum post or see some flame-inbued conversation in-game about stacking and meta-builds and terrible “noobs” and I decide its not worth the hassle. Who’s going to want to put up with my lame non-meta-build noob self at this point.

~ To tie into the above, I want to craft Arachnophobia and The Crossing. I even bought all the stuff I need to forge the recipes during Halloween while prices were low, and I’ve started saving the Lodestones. But I need dungeon tokens for the Gifts. Will I ever ACTUALLY craft them, given that fact? Who knows.

- I always think it would be nice to hold little giveaways for various items that I might have lying around, really make someone’s day, and yet I never feel like I have enough gold or stuff to justify giving anything much away. Most I’ve ever given was some of the various Wintersday skins and the like, and lets be honest, those are worth next to nothing. Not sure if that makes me greedy or generous.

- I am more than willing to spend real money to buy gem store items, but that is entirely restricted to cosmetic items (or more space, bank tabs and bag slots). Armor, weapons, minis. Which I buy and use on ONE character. Yet I will not buy endless harvesting tools or anything of the sort, despite the fact that unlike skins I’d actually get a tangible benefit of convenience from them, because they only apply to ONE character.

- Reading through this topic has, at times, kittened me off and reaffirmed the internet is full of terrible trolls.

(edited by Electro.4173)

Confessions

Posted by: Stinkehund.3012

Stinkehund.3012

- I played since the beginning and have never created a human character.
- Also never played the Norn story.
- Or made a male character. Ever. I don’t even know what they look like.
- I made a ranger as my first character and i still play her as my main. And i never gave one single kitten about people whining about the class. Same with Staff Ele’s.
- I make it a point never to join any party that wants to enforce an AP minimum, despite having more than enough of the useless things to join up.
- I brought several people into the game and warned every single one not to go into the forums, at one point calling it “the proverbial hive of scum and villainy” – and i stand by that.
- I laughed my kitten off at the people crying about the same-sex couples in the lore. I still do! It’s hilarious to see bigots lose it. Or just lose in general.
- In my first week playing, i bought gems to convert into gold, since i needed more cash. 4 gold for 10 euro – i was pretty happy with that back then.
- On the first halloween, i opened a random BL chest with a key i got from the story and got the Greatsword Chainsaw skin. (before there were actual skins, mind you)
I then sold it for 20 gold, thinking i just made a fortune.

- And i really, really, really want to see more high heeled shoes in the game, especially for Asura.

Confessions

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

- I like Sylvari more than any other race. It is a constant struggle to not delete my non Sylvari characters, I have one of each race all at 80, and remake them.

- The achievement chests became an obsession for me. I cared more about getting the chests and less about the actual rewards.

- I only finish players in WvW if they’re using a cookie cutter/meta build and are the same class as me.

- I don’t mind taking new/inexperienced players through dungeons and will give them unlimited chances so long as they listen, but if they refuse to listen I’ll wont hesitate to kick them.

- I still consider this game to be in its beta phase. A lot of its features (dungeons, mob AI, build diversity, conditions, pvp, etc) are pretty poorly implemented IMO and by thinking “It’ll be great once they get out of beta” is the only way I can keep myself playing. I have given up hope on WvW though, I don’t see that ever reaching the idea Anet had in mind.

- I hoard the most useless junk. One of my characters is carrying about 3-4k bloodstone dust, empyreal fragments, and dragonite ore. That’s after I’ve already made a full ascended armor set and three or four weapons.

- I rarely use foods or utilities for the buffs. It’s not that I don’t want to use them, its just I forget they exist.

- It bugs me that there isn’t a Sylvari in Destiny’s Edge 2.0 but also makes my Sylvari warrior, my main/only one I do the story with, feel like an actual part of DE 2.0

- It drives me insane when a dye’s name and color don’t match up at all. CANTALOUPE IS NOT LIGHT PINK ANET!

Confessions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Long term forum lurker, first time poster. I love this thread

- I created 9 female characters during 3 day head start and still have them all.

- I love asurans

- I love necro’s and only play them with condi builds and minions. I don’t care that it’s not the best build/set up.

- I have 3 asura’s and 3 necro’s

- I loathe jumping puzzles so much I “bribed” my partner to do most of them just so I could have the achievement. He now checks every patch to see if there have been any more JP’s added and looks so disappointed when there isn’t one.

- I miss my heroes and merc’s from GW1 so much. I would throw alot money at anet if they brought them back in GW2 for instances/dungeons. (Or alternatively they could have my first born, their choice )

- I loathe dungeons and happily pay for path runs

- I have 13k+ AP and get very tempted to join any lfg’s wanting 6k+ AP just to prove having AP doesn’t mean you are any good at dungeons

- I have enough materials to make 2 bifrosts EXCEPT for the Legend precurser. I live in hope that one day they will introduce a way to get it without RNG

- I love skritts and dislike quaggans

- I spend at least £40-£80 a month of buying gems and have no remorse for that.

- If I go to a world boss event I always use the bobblehead lab as it’s so funny seeing Jormag/Teq etc with bobbleheads.

- I don’t own a zerker set of armour and this doesn’t bother me.

Melody wins the internet…

Confessions

Posted by: McSlaughter.1567

McSlaughter.1567

I gave three gold to a new player the other day.

Confessions

Posted by: enigma.4873

enigma.4873

I bought a commanders tag (right before it became 300g) just to have it. I am a horrible leader/commander, if you follow me, you risk running off ledges to your death or running head first into a world boss or enemy zerg. I’ll tag up if someone else can give directions and I can follow them so the zerg follows me though.

I main a thief, but I’m really, REALLY uncoordinated (due to rl issues yaddayadda). While I can dish out the damage, I’ll usually flounder in evading and end up being /danced on.

It took me 2yrs to realize I love WvW. It also took me 2yrs to realize that EoTM was different from the main WvW.

When capping stuff in WvW my first week, I’d constantly use Shadow Refuge on the group, not realizing it would reset some timers.

I cannot, and usually will not, ever use siege or bundle items due to aforementioned coordination issues. Your left, is my right and vice versa. I’ll always show up fully supped to build, and even carry siege on me to drop, but ask me to use it.. /flee.

I seek out libraries, or any scholarly type areas in the game, because in real life, I’m a book nerd. I love the lore, and thanks to a literal 10 minute memory usually, going back and revisiting places like that always feels like a new experience. Keeps it exciting to me.

I will purposely use myself as cannon fodder in WvW. I make a great decoy, go on and spend a few minutes chasing my bumbling kitten around while the rest of my group goes and caps your keep.

I’m an antisocial MMO player. Yes, we exist. I’m friendly and helpful to a fault, but for the most part I prefer to solo explore.

I WILL stop to look at the local scenery, despite the fact I may be holding up my team for a minute.

“I don’t have any skeletons in my closet. I do however, have my own necropolis.”

Simply Vexed 80 Reaper / HOD / [CHEF/TAbS/BUTT]

Confessions

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I hate Charr…..
but I love Tybalt <3

Confessions

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

2k Hours in this game.
50% of the time I played solo without a guild.

Still not dungeon master.
I complain about the meta anyway and talk about it like I’m knowing everything. Best part is : people take what I say seriously and thank me for my advices.

One legendary : the torch. (booooo this man!)

I wanted a mesmer for jumping puzzle. I created a norn for this job. #wrongchoice

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Confessions

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

- And i really, really, really want to see more high heeled shoes in the game, especially for Asura.

Asuran orthopedists say: NO .

Confessions

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

I don’t see the point of being in a party in a lot of situations (The new map, world bosses, etc), but I don’t have the heart to turn down random invitations, so I just ignore them until they cancel it.

Confessions

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

Another one:

- Sometimes I get compliments from people in LA (like “Glorious shoulders looks great,nice character!” or “Nice choice of dyes/armor” “Where did you get that shoulder? it looks great on your character” etc and I just pretend I’m afk because I get embarrassed when I get compliments.

Sorry people! Your opinion is really important for me (and makes me smile) but I’m just too shy to answer/I don’t know how to answer a compliment
Also I’m afraid the conversation gets extended and forces me to pay attention to the game,if I’m standing in LA it is because I’m either checking my storage or inventory,or I’m reading the forums/browsing the web on my second monitor,so,I kinda pay attention to the game still and I know when people PM me,but I just pretend I’m afk for the reason I just said :P

A simple “Thanks!” is generally enough. When I compliment somebody’s avatar I feel equally as awkward and embarassed if I don’t get a reply, stuff like “They probably think I’m a creep now for checking out their character” usually floats through my head.

Confessions

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Another one:

- Sometimes I get compliments from people in LA (like “Glorious shoulders looks great,nice character!” or “Nice choice of dyes/armor” “Where did you get that shoulder? it looks great on your character” etc and I just pretend I’m afk because I get embarrassed when I get compliments.

Sorry people! Your opinion is really important for me (and makes me smile) but I’m just too shy to answer/I don’t know how to answer a compliment
Also I’m afraid the conversation gets extended and forces me to pay attention to the game,if I’m standing in LA it is because I’m either checking my storage or inventory,or I’m reading the forums/browsing the web on my second monitor,so,I kinda pay attention to the game still and I know when people PM me,but I just pretend I’m afk for the reason I just said :P

A simple “Thanks!” is generally enough. When I compliment somebody’s avatar I feel equally as awkward and embarassed if I don’t get a reply, stuff like “They probably think I’m a creep now for checking out their character” usually floats through my head.

This.

A simple thanks is enough. We’re not expecting you to re-write Hamlet

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Confessions

Posted by: trassr justin.9743

trassr justin.9743

I run both my necro and guard and my brother runs a ranger. We both run zerker builds on our necro and ranger and outsurvive everyone while meleeing. Not all Rangers and Necros are kitten, though most pug ones are terribad.

2k Hours in this game.
50% of the time I played solo without a guild.

Still not dungeon master.
I complain about the meta anyway and talk about it like I’m knowing everything. Best part is : people take what I say seriously and thank me for my advices.

One legendary : the torch. (booooo this man!)

I wanted a mesmer for jumping puzzle. I created a norn for this job. #wrongchoice

I created a charr mesmer called Ajanis Mantra. Not my brightest idea, but the idea sounded cool at the time

Confessions

Posted by: CyanideOxide.8952

CyanideOxide.8952

I used to have a block list of over 800 (a guildie asked me to count it) people. I had to unblock a bunch because whenever I brought up the blocked tag, my game would freeze for a few seconds. I immediately regretted that decision. Didn’t help that I spent maybe an hour or 2 fixing it.

Now that I have a computer that doesn’t shoot itself at the sight of 40 people on screen, I could probably do it again no problem.

Confessions

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

I laughed a lot harder at this thread than I should have…

I refuse to play any other class other than Mesmer. On that note, I think all thieves should burn and die. I crack open a bottle of wine every time I kill one in PvP.

I know that hotjoin is terrible for competitive play, but if someone kittenes me off in a hot-match or is a really good player, I will relentlessly hunt them down—forgoing my team’s score—until they leave the arena.

I can honestly say that I have supported almost 100% of the decision ANet has made with their game. The very few things that did upset me (gem-conversion scandal) were rectified quickly. As a businessman, I respect their values.

Even though I am a gay man, a Mesmer main, and my fiance is a Necromancer, I absolutely HATE Kasmeer for one sole reason: she cheats. How is she able to just drop a portal wherever she wants, phase retreat sideways (its not a Blink, I’m sure), and drop Time Warp once every 10 seconds is beyond me. Whats worse is that I’ve seen players expect me to do the same thing. -.-

Despite my mini-rant, my Mesmer looks like a genderbent Kasmeer. So much so that my guild thinks she could be my mother/cousin/twin brother.

P.S. – I spend way too much time at the bars in Divinity’s Reach. I may have a problem.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

(edited by Noah.9654)

Confessions

Posted by: Archy.1045

Archy.1045

I touched The Shiny and offended all Skritt…

Confessions

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

In these past 3 days i managed to craft all items for mawdrey that i don’t need and can’t use on my sprout that is apparently so very special since dulfy crafting guide doesn’t apply on it.

I wasted about 80-100 gold. And since i don’t have gold, i’m extremly mad and thinking to quit crafting mawdrey. I bought 14 plates of spicy, and 7 plates of meaty plant food, 3 clay pots (i crafted one), around 60 foxfire….

But now out of spite, if it takes me another 100 gold i’ll craft that thing. Even if i have to sell everything in my bank and don’t have enough to wp, i will make that thing.

Confessions

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I tend to main a ranger in fantasy MMOs and yet will frequently curse out loud at other ranger players on screen (not in game) in GW2 for using Point Blank Shot.

Confessions

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Today, I went void jumping.

That’s technically not against the rules, right?

Confessions

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Lately i have been running around in Quaggan form capping camps, towers and keeps while out manning our opponents 5/1 not contributing anything to my group hoping I can rally our opponents to give them a fighting chance.

I also run up to my opponents and /sleep so i can give them some points for stomping me hoping they might catch up in score.
That is .. if i can find any..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Confessions

Posted by: Lance.4623

Lance.4623

Bless me father for I have sinned.

I purchased a second account so I can say things I would not normally say from my main account.

I get angry when people post questions in chat that could be answered with a quick visit to the forums or the wiki.

I am a male but most of my toons are female. With the biggest boobs available.

I REALLY hate people who beg for gold, mats or anything others had to work hard to get. I would buy a “delete other player account” tool from the gemstore regardless of price and use it on them. Seriously.

Confessions

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I hate it when people go to Southsun Cove,don’t even bother to look at the events going on (like " 3 / 4 14:50 minutes left to spawn Karka Queen" and ask

“KARKA QUEEN SOON?” “Karka Queen died?”

I ask myself how this kind of people are max level.

@Edit

And I don’t know why peple even bother to answer them,I know I don’t :x

Confessions

Posted by: Sir Egil The Bull.7869

Sir Egil The Bull.7869

My Confession? I’ve spent so much money buying Gems, a monthly fee would have been cheaper.

(edited by Sir Egil The Bull.7869)

Confessions

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Usually if i’m in a stubborn french group (it’s allways french who refuse to talk in english) who refuses to talk in english and talk among themselves in french even if i say “in english please”, i start talking in croatian and from that point on will not say another word in english whole run.

Confessions

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

i confess i created the characters Furor and Prolapse so i could make fun of people that do not know what furor means, and think prolapse has something to do with your hind end. I then felt bad for being an kitten , but the names had grown on me and i am now stuck forever with both of those names in every MMO i play.

on that same note, i have created a character named Capprion in every game i have ever played..and other than in AO and EQ have not played any of those characters more than 5 minutes….do i win the “i am strange” contest?

Confessions

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I some times join zerker only groups wearing Soldiers gear, most of the time they never notice.

Confessions

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

i confess i created the characters Furor and Prolapse so i could make fun of people that do not know what furor means, and think prolapse has something to do with your hind end. I then felt bad for being an kitten , but the names had grown on me and i am now stuck forever with both of those names in every MMO i play.

on that same note, i have created a character named Capprion in every game i have ever played..and other than in AO and EQ have not played any of those characters more than 5 minutes….do i win the “i am strange” contest?

Actually you can have more than a prolapsed rectum, for example you can have a prolapsed uterus.

Confessions

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I guess it’s time…

When I play my ranger, and send my pet to attack a champ, if another player comes into the battle I’ll put my pet on passive or switch to my spider. If I see a warrior attacking the champ with a rifle, I’ll put my pet on passive and run the champ directly at the warrior while thinking “keep complaining about ranger pets.”

I use to play my Mesmer a lot, especially in CoE. Every time we got up to the laser hallway someone would always chime in “Mesmer can portal.” So, just to tick that person off, I would attempt to jump through the lasers instead of just blinking through them.

Confessions

Posted by: Flanar.5981

Flanar.5981

Here are few from me:

- I have 5 Characters, 4 of them are Humans and the last is Charr. I HATE my Charr and still wish I could change the race of that Charr

- I have forced myself to try other races from time to time but each time I create a non-Human race, I start hating it after about 20 level or so and then trash it (I have deleted a level 70 Sylvari because I didnt like it at all)

- I have spent more than 600g in Mystic Forge without ever getting anything good.

- I have never had any good drops from any Dungeons and even swore on my best friend (who frequently dungeons with me) when he got Incinerator precursor.

-

Confessions

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

I pretend to sleep when I fart on a airplane.

Confessions

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I pretend to sleep when I fart on a airplane.

Inb4 delete. Stay on topic pls. These are game related.

Anyway
-Just finished my third legendary (shield), and I make sure everyone knows it.
-Every time I make a legendary, I give free gold to guildies for no reason. Celebrating I guess.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Confessions

Posted by: Noel.5740

Noel.5740

I’m still hoping Trahearne dies in the near future..

Confessions

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

- I’ve made every class in the game at least once.
- Every one of my characters has a copper fed salvage o’matic
- I’m way too much into steampunk
- The only legendaries I like are Predator and Incinerator (which I own)
- I may secretly like Quip because of the sound (but haven’t decided for sure yet)
- I’m way too girly and the game has frustratingly few options to indulge this
- I’m a jumping puzzle addict
- Jumping puzzles have made me cry (from unwillingness to go forward or quit)
- I’m losing my ability to make up optimistic excuses for living story’s horribleness
- I really don’t believe there is an expansion coming
- I’m way more into WvW than WvW is fun
- I want to have sniper abilities with my ranger longbow and warrior rifle
- I want Trahearne to die in a ritual sacrifice to resurrect Tybalt
- Ever since reading the books (before release) I’ve wanted Destiny’s Edge needs to die in an airship accident.
- I secretly believe Guild Wars 2 is the pain induced hallucinations of random adventurer Asura who was gobbled up by an Elder Dragon it was researching and that the Elder Dragons have no, in fact awakened nor any of this actually happened.
- T
-

Confessions

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

Hm, confessions…
-I once spent over 20 gold on dyes trying to get a dye that was worth enough for me to make a profit. It didn’t work.
-I really liked Scarlet, and I wish she hadn’t received the hate that she did in season one.
-Once I left my zerker gear in my bag and pinged it when asked to show my gear in an all zerker group (…okay fine I’ve done that more than once).
-I’ve spent a large sum of money on gems secretly hoping that Anet looks at who spends money on their game and gives them increased chances to get precursors to keep their most profitable players playing.
-I have a lot of faith in Anet, but if theirs not an expansion by the end of 2015 I’m going to start playing a lot more casually.
-The Zhaitan fight never bothered me, but probably because I wasn’t really paying attention. In retrospect it was probably a crappy fight, but at the time I was just caught up in the hype of finishing my personal story.
-I’ve spent more time on Guild Wars 2 than the collective amount of time I spent doing homework in highschool. I regret nothing I love me some Guild Wars 2.

Confessions

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

heh.. i already posted some confessions here.. but i gonna go for another round

- I find humans and norn way too generic but i envy the quality a-net puts into their
armors.

- I also wish a-net would put atleast half the effort they put into human female armors
into charr and asura armor aswell sylvari armor so that these races can also
represent their very unique style

- there should be a lot more class specific designed armor for all classes AND races to
represent what they do and still represent their race rather then the way too generic
sets outthere.

- my first char was a charr engineer, i didnt notice its a chick till i was lvl 25
(to my defence i had no speakers at the time i started playing) i kept her ever since
as my main

- all my alts are also female charrs and share the same face, horns, fur pattern and
hairdo

- i wish the one who approved the medium charr armors and the one who made the 3d models (especially the cultural t1 and t2) would slap him\herself and ponder for a moment why they hate the charr and if possible come back to me on this and lemme know. Also who thought it would be a good idea to make the medium armors 90% coats should do that.

- I see elementalists in my groups as rivals and will do my darn hardest to outmatch them. I cant really tell why i act this way…just always was like this, i got nothing against the class at all on the other hand.

- Im scared kittenless of necros in WVW and PVP and will do my darn hardest to run my charr´s stubby legs off to get the hell away from them as fast and far as possible

- I like rangers but i hate rangers who use point blank shot and push enemies out of my
bomb aoe…or just do it in general in zergs or something. I think its selfish and annoying.

- I dont care for dungeon metas or anything like this. I think every class can bring something to a team, though i will leave groups where people refuse to work together.

- i find it harder and harder to justify picking up a gem card at my bi weekly gamestop visit…what i find very sad.

- I was beyond kittened off as i found out the blowtorch that got recently added to the LS
is in fact a torch weapon rather then a pistol skin.. if it is one of the few weapon skins that scream engineer and is even held like one…

- I might be alone on this.. but i got the feeling a-net hates the engineer class and does its best to show it.

Confessions

Posted by: Knives Chau.4863

Knives Chau.4863

My third toon was a human female thief, because at the time I wanted the cultural t3 “underboob” armor. When I finally had the money together to buy the full set, I played for one more hour, then regretted my decision and deleted the entire toon. Crazy as it sounds, creating and leveling her seems like a bigger waste than those one hundred something gold going down the kittenter.

I used to laugh at pugging rangers and kittentalk them, because I believed everyone of them would be as bad as a bearbow. Which was true for 90% of all pugging rangers at the time, but I still feel bad for doing it.

I used to join “zerk only” groups with one earring and one ring of soldier stats, linking the zerk ones twice. What a criminal mastermind I was.

Before that, I used to hate and kittentalk on zerks. Today I am a zerk, though I hate the stacking/LoS meta.

I now sometimes join “no zerk” groups on full zerks for sake of hilarity.

I frequently jokingly beg for high-value materials in /g and then send the arriving mails back because I feel bad about it.

I have a permanent running gag of stating that “I’ve never done this dungeon before” whenever I do Arah with non-pug groups. Sometimes even with pugs, if they seem decently communicative and humorous so I don’t have to expect a kick. (Yes, I’ve been kicked before for saying that, while standing in there in full Arah armor prior to the reward track update.)

After acquiring said armor, I portrayed it like an obnoxious show-off for two weeks.

I use orrian truffle and meat stew instead of butternut squash on my necromancer.

I sometimes kill ambient creatures laughing like an evil mastermind.

In non-pug runs, I sometimes intentionally do stupid things for fun, such as breaking the LoS strat on Kholer or popping a ton of spider eggs in Fyonnas lair, stating that “this was fun!” after the dust has settled. Most of the time my group has a glorious fight and people agree that it was more amusing than streamlining the section, but I also have been kicked from a guild because the guild leader was sorting their inventory out at the time, refused to participate in the ensuing battle and got really angry over dying.

Despite verbally hating on dungeon sellers/buyers, I sold an Arah path once after a 4-man run. I also don’t feel bad for buyers being scammed and think they deserve it for being lazy and agreeing to such risky trade. Despite all that, I feel bad for dungeon sellers being scammed and think the instance ownership system change was a bad decision.

(edited by Knives Chau.4863)

Confessions

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I wish my female charr warrior had defined six pack abs—she’s meant to be a huge behemoth muscle monster

I wish my male charr necromancer did not have six pack abs—he’s meant to be a sickly death mage who can only keep his emaciated body alive by sucking the life force of others. (I wish I could transplant the necro’s abs onto the warrior)

I wish our characters could be more grey area or outright evil. Half of my characters are bad guys—I wish I could reflect that in game.

I wish my young human mage, who is 14 years old, with a child’s body/face, didn’t have a weird deep-throated man voice. I wish my charr necromancer had a sickly death-rattle instead of a deep man voice too. I wish my female charr warrior sounded cold and ruthless instead of noble…. basically I wish we had voice options.

I wish my human female, who uses the “goth girl” face (based on the Kurzick ethnicity from GW1), didn’t have runny eye makeup. No traditional-and-proper Kurzick would be that messy!

I wish the Largos were more believable as a deep-sea race. Human like bodies and hair, and supermodel breasts on the females, are not things you’d expect from something that lives in the dark depths of the ocean.

I wish GW2 had a hero system like GW1 where you could pick one of your alt characters to follow and help your main as a companion.

I hate crafting and I will never, ever, ever, ever craft. I will never get ascended armor. Yet, I just can’t delete my ascended mats. I have thousands and thousands of them. What if, one day, there’s another way to spend them?

None of the Legendary Weapons interest me even remotely… they all look blah

I am obsessed with dyes and will buy all of them, even though I will never use most of them.

I LOVE SCARLET BRIAR, AND I MISS HER! R.I.P

I get annoyed when people make a female charr, and give it the Rox horns at max size, but then give it a skinny neck and a skinny body. Can they not see how physically impossible it looks? Those horns would snap that charr’s little neck and make it incapable of moving. If ppl want max size Rox horns, they need to make the charr’s body and neck thick to compensate…

Confessions

Posted by: CoffeeCow.6508

CoffeeCow.6508

- I want Trahearne to die in a ritual sacrifice to resurrect Tybalt
-

I must confess, I would participate in this ritual sacrifice..
Tybalt <3

Confessions

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I LOVE SCARLET BRIAR, AND I MISS HER! R.I.P

You and me both.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Confessions

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

My confessions here we go! Not trying to offend anyone, take it as it is!

- I hate when people make their male characters short. It just looks wrong and stupid.

- I hate when people write japanese words like senpai and crap like that in all chat and think theyre funny when theyre just tiredsome.

- I hate when people still use “gotta catch them all” pocemon crap, still after 2 years AT EVERY WORLD BOSS. Just please, stop it.

Thats basically about the community.

- If pres on world bosses dont get finished fast i get bored and leave and i miss out on gold (wish pre-events would be removed from the game).

- I like to see people fall in jumping puzzles.

- I prefer to not res people, it always end me up getting killed.

- I get annoyed if i see someone standing on my special afk spot in Divinity reach Q.Q

- I love to troll people more than i like to admit.

- GW2 is a mmo, but i prefer to play solo.

Confessions

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

The stress and tension of pvp that so many seem to enjoy makes my entire body hurt, and I sometimes have to take a nap to make my headache go away if I’ve gone pvping much at all.

Part of the above – I don’t thrive on conflict at all. Even in RP, I can wind up feeling sick to my stomach if there’s a lot of conflict in it.

I really like the crafting system, even though I tend to be immune to the figurative carrots on most sticks that MMO-type games rely on near ubiquitously. I couldn’t care less about ever having ‘the best’ and no part of my sense of accomplishment hinges on my gear or achievements or what others think about anything much at all.

I’ll probably never have legendaries. I’ll have ascended stuff only because I can plink away at that exactly as much as I find fun on a given day, then ignore it indefinitely again.

I love the fact that GW2 is more skill-based than gear-based in so many ways, for so many things. Most MMOs’ idea of skill doesn’t seem like anything to do with skill at all (dogged persistence, yes. Skill, no).

I tend to avoid guilds that do things on schedules because I strongly resent feeling obligated by anyone else’s decisions as per what I do with my gametime. Its my time off; my let it all hang out and screw off time.

I love rolling around with pugs. It feels like more of an accomplishment to me when five total strangers can come together and make something happen than when the dungeon or whatever’s basically on farm. Similarly, I often wind up only really enjoying a given dungeon or similar the first few times I run it with the same group for this reason.

I really like soloing whenever I can. There’s nobody that has to wait for me when I feel like randomly going AFK, there’s no pressure to do anything other than what I feel like doing, as I feel like doing it. It feels much more like a big, wide world when I’m soloing, because I can do whatever’s there to do at my own whim and leisure.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Confessions

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Two of my toons are descendants of two of my GW1 toons. There are whole back stories to their lineage.

All of my other toons also have whole stories linked to where they are from and what they do.

I do not, however, partake in any RP in GW2. Those back stories are solely for my benefit and enjoyment.

I really enjoy PvE and WvW, but cannot bring myself to like PvP. I also have not done all the dungeons yet even though I have a level 80 of every class and have been playing since beta. I just don’t like dungeons that much in GW2.

More importantly i think the mentality of many dungeons runners has completely soured me to dungeons.

Quaggans annoy me more than I care to admit in game, but they have their moments.

Same for Skritt.

I have zero luck with drops in this game and have only ever gotten 4 foxfire clusters (ever) even when explicitly trying to farm for them while others seem to get them by the truckload.

I’ve also never seen a precursor unless I’m previewing it from the trading post. Will most likely never see one ever, but thats ok because I don’t really care about legendaries for myself.

I really want to keep playing the game, but too many things have made me upset by it and its implementation that I usually close it from the login screen most nights now, and if i do log in I barely get my daily done if at all. :/

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Confessions

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

- I buy too much gems. A monthly fee would have been less costly
- I have all the Legendaries that I really like, but I keep crafting more to make sure I’m the one with the most Legendary in my Guild.
- I tried to restrain myself, but I had to make a sexy (almost nude) female human character. I’m weak.
- I’m addicted to Jumping Puzzle even those that make me rage. Especially those that make me rage.
- I spend way too much gold and time on stuff only to complete them. No reward, no title, just the feeling that something is completed. Dye, Skins, Minis, Achievement, etc.
- Sometime I’m a jerk and kick people that are not level 80 in dungeon without saying anything in chat or in the LFG description.
- Sometime I feel bad being a jerk. So when I’m in a dungeon party for 3 paths and the team is bad in the first path I said I need to go and change my status to offline so they don’t know that I’m back in the same dungeon with another group.
- I like hearing myself so I talk all the time in our guild voice chat.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Confessions

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

Actually you can have more than a prolapsed rectum, for example you can have a prolapsed uterus.

lol indeed, I admit the word is not really used in any other way in daily language but it boils down to the meaning fall out of place..and most people think furor has something to do with the early 1900’s.

this thread made me spew my 7AM wake up brew through my nose all over my keyboard

Confessions

Posted by: Kirkkis.8270

Kirkkis.8270

I confess….I tend to be very judgmental, I can’t help it…it might be a bit OCD.

- If you write like you’re a teenager that is texting, I suspect your IQ is terribly low and not worth my time.

- I have high respect for RP players.

- I am a solo player but if I see a player that has a horrible guild tag, I assume they are dumb also.

- If the character name is terrible I assume the same thing as above. Names such as “Deez Nutz” or anything of the sort.

- I only SPvP, I avoid any PvE team play, such as dungeons, because other players kill my immersion. Immersion is the only reason I play in the first place.

- I tend to think that all the human female players with the biggest bust are males. Same goes for female players that still have the default model as their character. Due to this, I also tend to look down on that.

- I enjoy looking at other player models around the city. The more uniqueness the happier or intrigued I become.

- People that focus on “meta” whatever, make me think that they live in their mom’s basement collecting unemployment. Only because I can’t fathom anyone with a job actually focusing that intense on being the best over game enjoyment to de-stress from the work week.

(edited by Kirkkis.8270)

Confessions

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Characters:
I have 15 characters, 14 females. 1 male.
I prefer females, as I prefer to look at a female character for 1000s of hours instead of a man.
Most characters are sylvari, I have 5 sylvari, 4 humans, 3 norns, 2 asura, 1 charr. I ’m tempted to delete the asura for space each time I see them.

Builds:
I have 8 mains, but the 7 classes of these mains hold only 1 which uses meta builds and it is a ranger.
I love less conventional stats.
I have:
- a zealot guardian, a zealot ele, a zealot warrior
- a soldiers warrior
- a sinister necro, a sinister ranger, a sinister warrior
- a clerics/nomad guardian,
- a celestial elementalist
- a rabid necro, a rabid mesmer
- a rampager thief
- a zerk ranger, (a zerk mesmer, a zerk engineer)

But never play my
- zerk mesmer (asura), zerk engineer (asura)

I love hybrid builds. Even though they’re less viable in dungeons… I have run hybrid thieves, mesmers,rangers, warriors,necros. All have specialized builds.

I love condition builds. I tend to have a condition version of all classes except ele, guardian and warrior. Full condition necro, ranger, mesmer….and yes thief. I have run all through story mode dungeons, the better part also through other dungeon paths

I do not mind other builds. I also think 90-95% of all zerk parties do not know speedclears and are just as slow as non-meta parties.

Dungeons
I do not mind joining a zerk speedrun, but tend to leave at:
- 1st or 2nd wipe
- no food used
- ranging characters, where melee would be preferable
- no support given through proper use of skills, fields and utilities
- unmentioned inexperience of players

I second kicking people for:
- cleaning inventories during speedruns,
- or repairing armor during speedruns,
- afk any reason during speedruns,
- being in combat due to not waiting not allowing ppl to port,
- not suiciding if needed (the fact it’s neccesary is bad enough),
- griefing,
- stalling,
- trolling,
- failing to buff,
- not using food,
- and idiots who start soloing a boss after 3/5th of aparty wipes after bad pulls.
If you want to do a speedrun, do so, don’t say so and expect to be slacking.

I accept however:
- newbies, the better they learn the better my runs will be in the future, I am willing to provide food, builds and tactics.

90% Of my dungeon runs are with EXP, Above x000 AP parties, I seldom run a true zerk party even though I also have zerk armor on: 2 warriors, 2 guardians, a ranger, an elementalist, a mesmer, a thief, a necro and a engineer. Zerk is no longer fun. I know all standard speed-ran dungeons to a point I already thought about everything till the endboss before actually selecting the path.

I always run the same dungeon paths being CoF 1,2, AC full, SE 1,3, TA fw/up, CoE full.
I play Arah 1,3,4 sometimes and love fractals but as my time frame to play is limited I tend to focus on the basic dungeons. I used to play HotW and CM sometimes but no longer bother. Only reason to go CM is for the runes, and I do not care if the Kodan go extinct.

Gear:
I have 12 copperfed salvage o matics on 15 charaters, All charaters I play frequently own one… They also have perm salvage gear and max slots, my bank also has max slots…
I buy t3 for my alts because I can. I use normal basic skins for my mains. I was kicked from a pug group once because my main warior uses barbaric armor, the fact it’s ascended didn’t seem to matter. Some people prefer me running a exotic condition t3 clad char above a full ascended clad dps build in basic skins… And If they want it I’m not bothering to change or inform them.

I got 900 dyes returned when the dye system was changed, I waited 2 months and bought the better part of an ascended armor for it….

I am the only “PvE commander” in my WvW guild: I am repsonsible for guild missions and proud of my “recognition.” I am not even going to try to tag up in WvW as I’m shy and easily startled, making me the worst and most insecure commander wthat would have ever run WvW. I tend to solo-cap or roam… in WvW

‘I do not like Asura!’:
I own all professions and all races, But I do not like playing engineer or asura. My engineer is one of 2 asura making it the worst combination possible so i was using it as a mule but eventually I started a guild bank not to look at the little troll. I upgraded the guild bank to quite some level unlocking the deep cave as well…

If there would be a race changer i’d change all my asura to charr… Then have the pact fleet destoy all asuran life, and have councellor phlunt witness this and then have him quarterized by dolyaks then resurrected by tequatl then frozen by the claw of jormag, shattered by the shatterer then used as fertilizer for mordremoth & the junge wurms.

I just do not like Asura.

I do like Quaggans, Skritt, Centaurs and Ogres.

I love the pink moa minipet with my memser just because.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Confessions

Posted by: Harprabh.6907

Harprabh.6907

I play the game to make friends, and try to befriend anyone I meet.

I will res anyone I see down or dead.

I am a casual gamer, I like it it’s easy and fun.

I hate every ranger armor in the game, tire 3 salvari for my main and I hate it

I keep playing my main, even thought I have other characters.

I say I hate the cash shop but I end up buying armor skins any way

For some reason I’m really shy in vent, even though ima taller in real life.

I want to get in vent in my Guild but I feel too shy.

I love all the cute minis

Or a Npc does and I can’t res them I feel I don’t know why but I do.

I can’t spell and I admit it

All my in game characters have a back stories relating them to my Guild wars 1 characters.

I made a female slvari necro for my silver ranger because why not.

I like quaggans and I cannot lie. So cute

(edited by Harprabh.6907)

Confessions

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

1. For me GW (1 and 2) are pretty much an ‘escape from reality’ and I like the immersion feeling. This is why
2. I hate WvW and PvP as it’s just a back to reality and how mean and stupid people can be. and
3. I don’t like names that aren’t lore related (except when they’re really goofy)
4. I hate gold-sellers with a passion.
5. I hate trolls.
6. I would judge anyone who misuses “their, they’re and there” and uses baker’s apostrophy for plurals; also who misspell words on a regular basis – I can easily differentiate that from typos.
7. I can’t do JP for my life, due to nerve damage to my arms and hands. Nevertheless, sometimes out of the blue sky I’m able to finish a very kittene and I’m like “wtf just happened?”
8. I find myself regularly cussing at bad drivers using “skritt-brained idiot” or other GW2 insults.
9. I love RP.
10. I played almost since launch but took a long break at one point for medical reasons. Due to that I am still a big noob when it comes to lots of things in game.
11. I have an obsession with Sylvari, most of my characters are Sylvari and I would spend 3-4 make-over kits on each one once they reach 80 until I get them to look the way I like.
12. I don’t care about any item that takes too much work to get. I play for fun so any idea of working for something in game will make me not want to get that item.
13. I never did Fractals and I only have a few paths on a few dungeons done.
14. I go out of my way to help new players – and once in a while people remember me later and thank me again, that makes me feel all nice and fuzzy.
15. I am obsessed with the looks of my characters and would go out of my way to make them look unique.
16. I hate the gem store but would spend at least $50 a month on it. See above.
17. I’m obsessed with having all the dyes in the game (see no. 15 above)
18. I love minis. Especially the cute ones. Don’t care much for the ugly ones.
19. I have a crush on Trahearne. So there.
20. I love making buddies in game (RP or non-RP) and have someone to play with. Even if I don’t mind playing alone.
21. I make money very easily but spend it as fast – don’t seem to be able to hold on to more than 200g at a time, and would make at least that amount and spend that amount in a week.
22. I’m obsessed with crafting – only have 2 more professions to bring to max. Hence my ability to make lots of money, most of it come from crafting.
23. I’m really lucky in exotic drops but never got even a pre.
24. I get lost easily and have the tendency to press the wrong key and jump off cliffs or dodge in the wrong direction and die.
25. I hate the MF. But seem to come back to it over and over and waste hundreds of yellows in the hope of getting something nice. The best I got were some exotics that helped with collections.
26. I think Asura females are cute as a button, while Asura males are ugly as hell. I wish there were better differentiations in Charr between the two genders. Also I wish there was a better design on most of the Medium/Light armor for Charr, the way the hoods look on them reminds me of “E.T. goes home”.
27. I do not have a single human character; I also hate the engineer and thief classes – don’t have a single engineer and my thief (who was among the first characters I made) is still level 21 after two years, and a mule. Mostly because I hate playing melee.
28. I don’t really care about what is considered best build, I stat by what I think suits my playing style best; it works pretty good.
29. I compulsively resurrect everything around. Players or NPC alike.

Confessions

Posted by: AMAdictus.7245

AMAdictus.7245

I love hanging out in Lion’s Arch but I loathe 95% of the map chat.

I block everyone (Yes, everyone) who talks about non-gw2 related stuff, links items and rant, on /say and /map chat. I don’t want to disable my /say and /map chat because I like helping people that needs help with something (killing X, doing Y jumping puzzle etc.).

I block everyone who annoys me even by a teeny tiny bit. For me, it’s easier to just block them rather than having to deal with their kittens. It makes my life easier and more peaceful.

I have around 2000+ people in my block list and it keeps growing every single day.

I really hate how I always get teamed up with 4 genius players running around the map fighting and dies off point in PvP.

Whenever I died to condi-users multiple times in PvP, I will rebuild my class to a condi build for the next few games and complains how filthy and easy it is to play a no-brain build while 1v2ing everyone easily on point.

Lastly, I don’t care about your opinions.

Cheers.