Confessions

Confessions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ectogasm.8764

ectogasm.8764

I confess

-I still judge people with poor grammer (maybe just “your” as “you’re” but ugh)
-I don’t like all the anime based names (I see “Kirito” too much)
-I’ve spent way too much money on gems (therefore causing me to redo a lot of the same characters looks)
If I’m gonna kill something/someone, I’m gonna look good.
-It still bothers me when people are looking for specifics in dungeons, especially AC, like zerk, 5kAP+ only…
-I still leech events if I need them
-I have only done 1 fractal, and it took longer than it should have, I have never done one since.
- I know this is common but if you see someone in WvW using a tonic, or running with a kite/naked, don’t kill them. But If I see someone running, I have to try to stop myself from killing them. (Which can make me a hypocrite) but most of the time, they’re just scouts.

“The kingdom of the fathers and the heroes where are you?
I’m talking to you every night more than I should do”

Confessions

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I semi-AFK’d Shatterer today because I needed the daily, while I was table-top gaming.

I have too many hobbies.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Confessions

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

• Whenever I happen to be in Obsidian sanctum with my ranger or necro, I always fear or point blank shot them off things, not to kill them, which is a bonus, but to make them go back. (However, this did lead to an hour of fun just dueling a bunch of very accommodating Deso players, including a guildie who pasted the floor with my poor necro T.T)
  • When I do the heart where I have to capture the dolyak calves, I go out of my way to avoid fighting the Dolyak mothers. If I get their aggro, I either run away to break aggro or let them kill me. I can’t abide killing dolyak mothers while I’m trying to steal their calves.
  • I sometimes troll people who are about to jump in a puzzle by firing off a speed boost just as they do the running jump.

Confessions

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

• I will get really narky with any player who voices stupid obvious kitten in local chat “stack” “kill the mobs” “get on flower” and after yelling (read; caps) at them, I block them too.
  • I try not to but I always secretly judge a players skill based on AP.
  • I also compare my toons looks with others and preen based on the knowledge (in my deluded little world) that mine’s better.
  • Anyone who complains about ‘gaudy’ legendaries, or how needlessly glitzy they are I immediately assume is jealous and run around like an obnoxious twit swinging eternity.
  • Same for the black wings.
  • I don’t even feel that bad about this list, despite it being silly and petty.
Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

Confessions

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

• I think every legendary greatsword is a big, ugly bunch of pixels.
  • I have one of each race but i play only humans because of GW1.
  • When in Ascalon i always feel like i would rather join the ghosts and burn all the charr.
  • When i see that my team in pvp is running around aimlessly i still try to give advice and even say “please” and i find it noteworthy whenever that team actually listens and we win (because 9 out of 10 they think i am raging).
  • Since the megaservers i am not doing the pre-events for the Shadow Behemoth maybe because previously i’ve done most of the pre-events by myself and nobody in the zerg waiting for the behemoth came to do them.
  • I dislike Taimi and don’t hate Scarlet (not anymore). I hate Caithe instead (how stupid can one plant woman be?

Confessions

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

It’s been a farming week in EotM..

I deliberately let allied players with recognized enemy guild tags die off in battles, then stomp the baddie that would have rallied him after the fact. lol

Confessions

Posted by: naughteblonde.7194

naughteblonde.7194

I like to throw toilet paper at Trahearne when he makes speeches.

Confessions

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I hoard too much, and my bank and inventory is cluttered at all times and I probably spend 50% of my time in GW2 emptying inventory or opening bags.

(but maybe I’m not alone doing just that)

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Confessions

Posted by: Dhampyr.2813

Dhampyr.2813

-I have 5 necros and plan to make more

-The only none necro i have at 80 is a thief, full ascended gear including infusions. I don’t know how to play a thief

-Im still hoarding the keys from the tower of nightmares. I dont know why

-I use to hate guys that play female characters… I have several female characters now

-When a guild mate died in a guild mission I danced on his corpse because he said “yolo” instead of rezing him

-I’v never owned zerker gear and don’t ever plan to

-I own twin incinerators. Only one character uses the skin because other skins match the outfits there in.

Confessions

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

oh hey this topic is back

I love the zerker ranger LB builds that i see everywhere. Rapid fire takes them down so quickly.

I still consider a survived encounter with a theif as a win despite the fact that i have taken some down lately.

I shamelessly use sic em on enemy thieves in the middle of our zerg

I will probably not have an instant lvl 80 revenant on expansion release day

i avoid copper in SW because i dont want to deal with the “no AOE” noobs even though i only have 1 AOE skill and it isnt even that great against copper

i am still beyond surprised that people dont realize there is a world boss timer on the wiki. Thus i am also annoyed when they ask “When is XXXXX going to spawn?” I may just start answering with “type /wiki world boss”

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Confessions

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I have been using the LFG tool with “Helping new players” as my header and as a consequence haven’t enjoyed the game this much since release.

Playing and helping new players is way more fun than repeating stale content with vets…this game needs to work on that.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Confessions

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

I get mad on players who:

• don’t have enough money to get a proper PC

Ummmm :O

I get a sadistic twist out of pulling people and making them fall down the holes in skyhammer.

I also enjoy salty tears when people moan in practice PvP

I just want to say that I am probably one of the only people that laughs my kitten off when I fall through kitten or get sent flying off the edge on Skyhammer. I find it hilarious.

(Lost track of how many times I accidentally rocket booted off the edge myself)

I just hate the 20 second wait of shame after I fall down by accident :s.

Confessions

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I used a Combustive shot when the Archdiviner was reflecting (during final phase) which got reflected back and killed all my team mates on a level 50 fractal =D
I laughed and was soon discovered when others checked their combat log, luckily I was running with friends and did not get kicked.

Confessions

Posted by: Redninjakoopa.7426

Redninjakoopa.7426

I get overly suspicious that any ranger with an unnamed or gibberish named pet might be a bot. Extra points if their name/username is gibberish.

^This has probably lead me to report at least 10 people who were not actually botting.

I have 22 level 80’s, and 2 more in 30’s, and another slot waiting for Revenant.

I have never paid real money for gems, despite the above.

During the attack on LA, I ran into the Shuttered Gate at least 5 times, just because.

I am occasionally that guy that launches Mega-Destroyer across the lava pool with pb-shot, just because it’s funny.

^I have even ran out into the lava to get another few feet.

^I have pushed it onto the far shore at least once, dying in the process.

^I regret nothing.

Confessions

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I theorycrafted a mesmer build, and so far it has been one of the most disgusting, awful, condition-inducing – cheesefest kill-almost-everything builds I have ever played. It basically eats everything.

I’m selfish and don’t wanna share this build.

Confessions

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

When I see gold sellers I always tell them to go kitten themselves first, then I /report and /block.

When reckless zerglets get leveled during fights that should be easy to stay alive, I no longer revive them. I’m done with helping taggers get their rewards when they have not a single shred of common sense. Instead I dream of ways I can steal from them when they’re down or drag their bodies to the edge of a nearby cliff.

I would prefer some kind of trinity system over the DPSfest that we currently have.

I once followed a WvW commander, along with 60+ other players, off of a high cliff. It was way too high even for those of us traited for fall damage. Everyone died in one nice pile. Made more embarrassing when an enemy roaming group was right there to see the whole thing go down.

I have spent way too much time playing this game. Like…. way too much.

When farming in the Silverwastes, I tag events and move on without helping to complete them. * grimace * Yes. I’m guilty of that.

On several occasions I have arrived at Megadestroyer by base jumping… without a chute.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Confessions

Posted by: kingyolo.2874

kingyolo.2874

I have spent more than 700G in the mystic forge with no precursor to show for it, for that price I could’ve just purchased dawn.
I feel awful.

Confessions

Azhure.1857

I have a confession.

Tonight, St Patrick’s Day, my guild ran a naked and very intoxicated WBT. (This is not my confession.)
I planted a MF Bonfire in the middle of the lava pool at Megadestroyer. (This is not my confession.)
Many people died and stayed dead in our efforts to get it fully activated. There were many bodies. (This is also not my confession.)
When Mega was finally killed the bodies only piled up afterwards because people struggled to grab the bonfire buff instead of reviving the constant pile of dead bodies surrounding it.

…. I confess that I enjoyed every moment.

(edited by Azhure.1857)

Confessions

Posted by: allire.3984

allire.3984

Sorry, I have to confess a lot…

• In PvE, I main a condi thief, and I’m having great fun with it. Zerker elitists who will tell me I’m wrong or bad can go jump into the Mount Doom Maelstrom for all I care.
  • I have a psychological, boarding on psychiatric, problem with a fear of failing. I was brought up in a very strict family, where every slightest mistake was punished hard. I’m a grown woman now, but even the mere prospect of screwing up always causes me way too much stress, ranging from simple anxiety to severe migraines to outright panic attacks. For that reason I can’t participate in any form of PvP, even though I am curious about it. Stupid, I know.
  • Still, I managed to crawl my way through WvW to get my thief a World Completion. I didn’t care about the Legendaries (still don’t), I just wanted the star. Never got killed, not once – 90% of the time I was in stealth.
  • I hated WvW back then, I had a very stressful experience with it. Now that I am not forced to go there on my alts, I actually think I might like it. It might even help me work through my psychological blocks.
  • I have no gambling spirit whatsoever. I will never understand why people keep flushing money down the Mystic Toilet, lol.
  • I have a crush on Canach.
  • And on Anise.
  • I have a soft spot for Kasmeer.
  • I think the plot twist with Caithe killing Wynne was the dumbest idea ever.
  • I kinda ship Logan with Rytlock XD
  • I will go out of my way to help a downed player in exploration.
  • I always do these insane trips all over the zone to hunt that one gathering node I see on my mini-map… even if it’s just some copper or onions. Of course, by the time I get to it a couple more nodes show up on the mini-map… like I said. Insane trips are insane.
  • I avoid using waypoints whenever I can. What? Those kitten things are expensive!
  • I hate random party invites from strangers. I don’t get why people even send those.
  • I get really irked when peolpe assume I’m a man and call me ‘dude’ in chat.
  • I hate skimpy armor.
  • I enjoy random chat ping fests way too much. I’ve been called a kitten by someone in the map chat for that XD
  • Sometimes I will jump off the high cliffs to my death just for lulz.
  • A lot of posts in this thread disturb me greatly. Some others, I laugh to tears reading.
This one feels like a flower!..

Confessions

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I theorycrafted a mesmer build, and so far it has been one of the most disgusting, awful, condition-inducing – cheesefest kill-almost-everything builds I have ever played. It basically eats everything.

I’m selfish and don’t wanna share this build.

I to, have created monstrously powerful builds (not necessarily Mesmer), that the “meta” players haven’t discovered, because they’re still fumbling round with their “optimized” GS Warrior builds, which I choose not to share, because im evil.

(On a side note, I also created a condi Mesmer build for a friend to use in pvp, and its overpowered. Ive never beaten her Mesmer with that build to this day. Note to self: Never share powerful builds.)

Confessions

Azhure.1857

• In PvE, I main a condi thief, and I’m having great fun with it. Zerker elitists who will tell me I’m wrong or bad can go jump into the Mount Doom Maelstrom for all I care.

That is something to be proud of.

Confessions

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

As an engineer player:

I loath people who play Decap Engi’s in SPvP. I actually regard them as scum. They are the only build, and players, who are able to make me legitimately angry, and I just generally believe them to be terrible people in real life.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Confessions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

• I dislike humans and warriors so much I once made a human warrior and ran around wearing only a feathered helmet. Not surprising I rarely died either. Once I got him to 80 I deleted him, thus beginning my sadistic ritual of always keeping one character slot open to make a human to abuse then delete when I hit 80. So far I have abused and murdered 47 humans….
  • I often wish I was any of my characters because my own life is so sad and unfulfilling….
  • ^ Because of that I will secretly do RP in areas none of my friends or guildies are in because they will make fun of me
  • I actually enjoy using most of the racial skills….
  • ^ I use those as part of my secret RP too
  • I often avoid killing ambient or non-hostile creatures unless they attack me first except dredge. I don’t know why but the sound they make when they die is extremely gratifying and I enjoy going out of my way to slaughter untold numbers of them for no reason other than personal gratification.
  • In WvW I will often troll warriors I defeat by downing them then running off and letting them almost revive and hit them once to stop the self revive. I will repeat this until they either vengeance or they ragequit. If they use vengeance I kite them in circles until they die but never hit them just to be a jerk.
  • Occasionally I will grab the orb in spirit watch and run with it forever or drop it in front of an enemy and pick it back up right before they get to it. Repeat as desired until it despawns.
http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Confessions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Sorry, I have to confess a lot…

• I have a psychological, boarding on psychiatric, problem with a fear of failing. I was brought up in a very strict family, where every slightest mistake was punished hard. I’m a grown woman now, but even the mere prospect of screwing up always causes me way too much stress, ranging from simple anxiety to severe migraines to outright panic attacks. For that reason I can’t participate in any form of PvP, even though I am curious about it. Stupid, I know.
  • Still, I managed to crawl my way through WvW to get my thief a World Completion. I didn’t care about the Legendaries (still don’t), I just wanted the star. Never got killed, not once – 90% of the time I was in stealth.
  • I hated WvW back then, I had a very stressful experience with it. Now that I am not forced to go there on my alts, I actually think I might like it. It might even help me work through my psychological blocks.
  • I have no gambling spirit whatsoever. I will never understand why people keep flushing money down the Mystic Toilet, lol.
  • I have a crush on Canach.
  • And on Anise.
  • I have a soft spot for Kasmeer.
  • I think the plot twist with Caithe killing Wynne was the dumbest idea ever.
  • I kinda ship Logan with Rytlock XD
  • I will go out of my way to help a downed player in exploration.
  • I always do these insane trips all over the zone to hunt that one gathering node I see on my mini-map… even if it’s just some copper or onions. Of course, by the time I get to it a couple more nodes show up on the mini-map… like I said. Insane trips are insane.
  • I avoid using waypoints whenever I can. What? Those kitten things are expensive!
  • I hate random party invites from strangers. I don’t get why people even send those.
  • I get really irked when peolpe assume I’m a man and call me ‘dude’ in chat.
  • I hate skimpy armor.
  • I enjoy random chat ping fests way too much. I’ve been called a kitten by someone in the map chat for that XD
  • Sometimes I will jump off the high cliffs to my death just for lulz.
  • A lot of posts in this thread disturb me greatly. Some others, I laugh to tears reading.

You are my new heroine

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Confessions

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Staff fire ele is the highest DPS in game. It is the go to build for additional eles in a party, with one going scepter or dagger focus for might stacks. Just wanted you to know. You should be pleased when you see a staff ele not attunement swapping unless they need to stack swiftness or want to use their earth blast.

Spamming 1 all the time with 3 signets and not moving at all at boss fights? No thanks.

Staff ele on mai trin? Witnessed today it can’t last literally 5 seconds in a fight.

Staff ele is fine on www when you need to control the crowd with stuns and freezes, but it is useless because bosses go right though it on dungeons.

As mentioned before, the staff Elementalist is indeed the highest DPS in the game. It really doesn’t matter what the utilities are. Also, staff is probably a better choice for Mai Trin anyways as it great support abilities party-wide. I generally retrait so my water skills are more powerful and shorter cool downs. The condition removal and constant heals are nice.

I wouldn’t let this one person taint your views on staff Ele. It is a shame that they weren’t switching attunements often, however, they were likely dying based on their positioning or perhaps their armor/gear. Could have easily have been a newer player or even a veteran player trying out Ele for one of the first times. As for Mai Trin, you do not want to be extremely far away from Mai Trin as she’ll just pistol-teleport to you which can be quite lethal. I’m sure you know how Mai Trin works so enough about that.

Anyways, kicking someone based on a weapon of choice would be a very one-dimensional way of thinking and should be changed especially when the weapon is identified as Ele staff, again, being probably the best choice for many situations.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Confessions

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

And as i mentioned before, i created this thread for fun ingame stuff confessions,not build/weapon elitism disscusions. There are plenty of those allready.

Confessions

Posted by: Spin Echo.8263

Spin Echo.8263

It’s spelled “grammar”. Ugh.

Confessions

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Then I should clarify that I am definitely not an elitist by any means. It was sounding like you were based on the confession but if you are not then I am glad to hear. My goal was for you to recognize that staff Ele is just as viable as any other weapon set but if you’ve come to recognize that, great. That goes for nearly every class; certain ones being situational of course. Anyways, carry on.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Confessions

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Back to confessions!

One of my Guardians is a self-insert character imported from a LARP I played for many years. The best combat healer for many years, truth told. A bit too old for that now, but I still wistfully dream of going back once in a while.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Confessions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Time for more!

~ I don’t remember what I posted the last time I posted in this thread and can’t be bothered to search and find out, so I may be repeating the same complaints again. If so… oh well.

~ I dislike characters that use all black or all white armor. Also those that use a combination of white and black. Use colors, darnit. Oh, and the new Shadow dyes are not helping this, as I now predict a bunch more people running all black >.>

~ I also dislike all characters who dye their armor completely monochrome in any color, especially sylvari who monochrome their skin, hair, and their armor all the same color. “Bonus points” if they are monochrome white. Seeing a monochrome white sylvari never fails to make me roll my eyes and groan. You’re playing the most colorful race in the game and that’s what you do? Blah.

~ Once I found out that the whole “No AoE at Copper!” nonsense was just that, I took great pleasure in using as many AoE’s as possible just to tick off the people who kept parroting it. Especially if they were told it was incorrect and still kept saying it anyway. I enjoyed the ability to “troll” while also not actually doing anything wrong.

~ I hate losing the forts in the Silverwastes far more than I should and take it as a bit of a personal failure when it happens. The main reason I tend to play the “taxi into a better SW instance” game is not because I don’t enjoy the defense portion or feel a need to rush and do as many Breach / VW as possible, but because I hate the early cycle where its accepted that you just take forts, maybe defend them once, and then let them fall because you don’t have enough people to defend properly.

~ Tying into the above, it ticks me off when a defense event starts up and there are a good handful of people there, and then everyone disappears (probably off doing escorts or whatever, I dunno) and the fort falls while I try in vain to solo the defense. In such instances I feel much like the NPCs in the forts and start wondering where the heck my backup went, often even saying / shouting it out loud.

~ I’ve already started buying skins for the new weapons the specs are getting in HoT, and in fact one of the main reasons I want to have all the specs confirmed officially is so that I can do so for all my characters. Also, I have an achievement chest that I’ve left unclaimed for 3 weeks now so that whatever weapon Guardian gets (my Guard has a crystal weapon theme) from spec I can claim the Zenith skin for.

~ Despite loving jumping puzzles, I still haven’t done the new Silverwastes JP. Every time I’m in the zone I feel compelled to do the events instead.

~ Even though I have basically no use for bandit crests any more as I’ve already gotten everything I need from the vendor (all the minis, tonics, recipes, carapace armor, ect) I still feel the need to use an Extractor for every Silverwastes boss (when I remember, anyway) and I still feel the need to turn the extracted parts in only for bonus crests, rather than just dumping every part I have on the Cryptobotanist for the base 15 crests for misc. parts. Just because I don’t want to “waste” them by not getting my bonus crests. As a result, I tend to have a half a dozen parts in my inventory taking up space just waiting for the right time to turn them in.

(edited by Electro.4173)

Confessions

Posted by: Boyca.6587

Boyca.6587

I think people who play other genders are creeps (unless it’s a game where you have no choice. Then it’s fine. Or if you get some bonus out of it like in Fire Emblem)

It’s rather hard to take you serious, what kind of ignorant remark is that?

Contributor to the deeps of Dawn.

Confessions

Azhure.1857

I think people who play other genders are creeps (unless it’s a game where you have no choice. Then it’s fine. Or if you get some bonus out of it like in Fire Emblem)

It’s rather hard to take you serious, what kind of ignorant remark is that?

Please don’t derail this thread.
This is a ‘Confession’ thread and people should feel safe to do so without ridicule or persecution.

Confessions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I confess that when a melee facerolls a dungeon boss without dodging, and dies 10 seconds later as a result, I’m not rezzing. I’m not even throwing heals in their direction before they go down, even if I know I could quadruple their lifespan.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Confessions

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

- i main ele and have 4 more charrs that i have to revamp every time i decide to play them which costs me a lot of tranamutation stones

- i never spent a dime of real money ingame

- yesterday, after 2,5 years of playing i managed to collect 10 scraps to make a first ticket ever to get myself some shadow weapon

- i have a lot ascended armor and weapons across my 5 charrs and a week ago i found out by accident that it’s not soulbound only acc bound. And i destroyed so many back items i could’ve traded between my alts. I play since launch. Guess i missed that memo.

- i’m a sucker for “we need help” lfg-s

- i’m scared to melee that’s why i don’t play my warrior as much i want because people expect to be a melee gs zerk build. Nope nope.

- i hate beggers on map chats

- i have aversion to females who express their gender like that makes them more important and are insulted if somebody calls them dude, i don’t see males running around shouting they are males like it’s some big deal.

- every time i log off i stove my minis away from my charrs because i belive they are going to sleep. It’s not easy to chase your owner with little legs/wings they deserve some rest too.

- i log off my charrs in some houses or camps for the same reasons, i blame the cartoon i watched when i was little when stuffed bear and a doll were alive and having their adventures on their own even tho everyone tought they are just objects. It’s silly i know.

Confessions

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

I run around and find dead AFK toons. I then proceed to rez them and let them die again…..over and over again…….

Confessions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I run around and find dead AFK toons. I then proceed to rez them and let them die again…..over and over again…….

I do that too.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Confessions

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

-I made a second mesmer with my planned engineer character slot because I got carried away with armor previews and ended up with a look that I liked for a mesmer.
-I think that eles who use Diamond Skin to faceroll condi builds, and then dance on their bodies deserve to be boiled alive.
-My feelings are actually hurt by rude people in WvW.
-Sometimes, I subconsciously fail because I’m afraid of being good
-I played ele in WvW for 500 hours and was better with my Necro in 5
-I never created a charr because it wasn’t a tengu
-I actually appreciate everything Anet does, despite the lack of tengu and polearms
-I’m dirt poor despite the fact that I throw money at the screen regularly
-I am a notorious AFK’er.
-I hate skimpy female armor
-I hate black/white color schemes
-I hate Monochrome color schemes
-I hate the scarf. It does not enhance the appearance of a look
-I hate stereotypical mesmers that lack any clever distinction
-I hoard all of the food I buy, saving it for a “special occasion” that never happens
-I can’t bring myself to use my birthday boosters because they are finite
-I used a hairstyle kit on an upscale engi I was leveling, only to cease playing it and eventually delete it shortly after
-The quality of my Tuesday is defined by what is new in the gemstore. (Last two Tuesdays have been very disappointing).
-I cannot play thief to save my life.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Confessions

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

It’s spelled “grammar”. Ugh.

No fullstop either! Eeek.

Confessions

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I can’t be bothered to learn what all the best bonuses on armors are for each build and so just buy the sets that sound good at the moment.

I purposefully fail all the “save the Quaggan” quests because I can’t stand those annoying little sea unicorns. (I swear every time I hear them talking something in my head clicks and instead I hear “heeey Charrrrliiieeee; let’s go to candy mountain Charlie!”)

I have a different outfit for every zone in the game, because I love playing dressup.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Confessions

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

• I main Turret Bunker Engi in sPvP, not for a lack of skill, but to actively elicit rage from players that cannot understand the simple mantras of “not everything can be zerged/zerked” and “adapt or die”.
    ^ I track players through a map, wait until they are vulnerable/low life/being hunted, then drop a Supply Drop on their head and walk away, just to stun/aggravate them, even to the point of walking in to a trap to do so.
    ^ I only carry a rifle during Skyhammer. When that fails, I will let myself get downed, just for a chance to DS#3 someone off of a ledge or broken panel, or DS#2 someone into a broken panel.
    ^ When I receive chat threats I report the players for “Verbal Abuse” and leave them unblocked so they can continue amassing evidence against themselves.
    ^ I regret nothing.
  • When I see mortar leeches at Silverwastes north mortars that are not contributing to defense (I consider tagging and champ bombing fine, as long as the lane is fine already), I actively pull wolves and trolls/bees or champs/elites in general to the leecher, then stealth and run.
    ^ I refuse to rez anyone dead near a mortar, and also ignore or ridicule anybody lining up or saying “share” or “# shots max” near the mortars.
    ^ I also regret nothing.
  • I have purchased the Digital Deluxe upgrade twice on my account without thinking.
  • I am still actively grinding GW1, not for a love of GW1, but for the GW2 rewards only.
  • I have the [250 Silverwastes Shovels] chat link saved in one of my G510s keys and use it when I join particularly toxic chest trains, then sit there silent when people demand digs and have not dug once during the train themselves.
    ^ I keep a stack of 50 shovels in my bank and at least one bank express on me at all times.
  • I undercut on the auction house by 1c, even when there is only one unit at current price.

Confessions

Posted by: zeroshin.3157

zeroshin.3157

• I loathe people who ask “when does x spawn” or “did x just die” at world bosses, seriously, I wish I could post links in chat just to post a lmgtfy.com link for “gw2 boss timer”.
  • At the Ancient Karka event, I received generic loot, while my roomate received 2 precursors in one chest, never thought I could be so jealous.
  • I have 9 character slots, in which I had every class as a male toon with a spare slot for key farming. I recently used the last slot to create a 2nd Guardian but as a female norn instead. Needless to say, I want to buy more slots now and create every profession as a female, they’re just so pretty and I love playing dressup with them.
  • On female humanoid characters(norn, human, sylvari) I like making them with more mature faces. I think the human anime eyes “cutesy” face is so ugly. On female asuras though, anything is game, they’re just too cute.
  • I probably got enough revives for Combat Healer just from Bleepdoop alone.
  • I really enjoy world completion, so much so that I have 100% world completion on all 9 of my chars. Thank goodness for the recent WvW map completion changes, now I don’t have to worry about having that one Borderland at 98% or waiting for a specific color.
  • I have grown to like my WvW server, not really because of loyalty or pride though, I just can’t see myself transferring myself over to another higher rated server for some reason.
  • I only played enough PvP to get my Balthazar backpiece, I really dislike PvP simply because everybody seems so much more skillful than me, my own custom builds also probably aren’t efficient enough, but I had fun while I was playing it.
  • Sometimes in CoE runs if a party member was really bad at the first Alpha fight, I give them swiftness at the laser jumps.
  • I sometimes report players being a kitten to others on map chat, like people insulting first time commanders or just general LA map chat banter, I secretly hope they get banned but I know they probably won’t.
  • Although I bought a commander tag, I have never actually used it, I just bought it(100g at the time) because I didn’t want to pay 300g for it if I did want to use it in the future. Also I think I’d be a cruddy commander.
  • I can probably open a spoon shop with the amount of times I’ve done Tequatl, still waiting on my 1st Hoard though…
  • I have collected most weapon sets in the game that aren’t BL sets or Ascended sets, I’m currently collecting cultural t3 weapon skins and thus have little to no karma at most times.
  • I despise running Arah though. That is the only dungeon in which I have very little skins unlocked for(only heavy set unlocked and handful of weapon skins from the old pvp wardrobe).
  • I have only ever crafted one legendary and that was Sunrise, I listed it to be sold and spent the money I got for it on skins and miniatures that I wanted instead.
  • Same with precursors, I’ve had Dawn and Zap drop for me in the forge, I crafted the Sunrise and sold the Zap straight out, again, for skins that I wanted instead.
  • I wish I hadn’t transmuted the Super Backpack skin into another skin before the wardrobe changes kicked in.
  • I’m good at jumping puzzles, like, really good, this is probably because when the game came out I went straight for all the puzzles listed under the “Explorer” achievements. Back then I was extremely bad at them and it took me multiple retries to complete some(Goemm’s Lab omg…), ultimately I think this trained me in a sense. Now I can do most puzzles’s/rushes extremely quickly, the latest Gold Coin achievement in the silverwastes is no exception.
  • I sometimes wished I mained Mesmer instead of Guardian(due to the above reason), but I’m really bad at the class and just let it camp at Rhendak’s, giving out free portals for people that need it.

Confessions

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

I like to throw toilet paper at Trahearne when he makes speeches.

THIS!! So much this XD XD XD

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Confessions

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

- I have close to 200 laurels, and the only ascended gear I have is neck and rings on my mesmer and necro.

- If I could, I would have punched hundreds of thieves.

- I believe I will have “Yakslapper” -title one day.

- I think quaggans are extremely annoying and I’d like to see them suffer.

- I wear celestial armor on my mesmer almost all the time.

- I loathe thief players. I also have a thief.

- My mesmer has had the same look for about 1½ years. And I don’t even like it that much.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Confessions

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

• I dislike humans and warriors so much I once made a human warrior and ran around wearing only a feathered helmet. Not surprising I rarely died either. Once I got him to 80 I deleted him, thus beginning my sadistic ritual of always keeping one character slot open to make a human to abuse then delete when I hit 80. So far I have abused and murdered 47 humans….
  • I often wish I was any of my characters because my own life is so sad and unfulfilling….
  • ^ Because of that I will secretly do RP in areas none of my friends or guildies are in because they will make fun of me
  • I often avoid killing ambient or non-hostile creatures unless they attack me first except dredge. I don’t know why but the sound they make when they die is extremely gratifying and I enjoy going out of my way to slaughter untold numbers of them for no reason other than personal gratification.
  • In WvW I will often troll warriors I defeat by downing them then running off and letting them almost revive and hit them once to stop the self revive. I will repeat this until they either vengeance or they ragequit. If they use vengeance I kite them in circles until they die but never hit them just to be a jerk.
  • Occasionally I will grab the orb in spirit watch and run with it forever or drop it in front of an enemy and pick it back up right before they get to it. Repeat as desired until it despawns.

Rather disturbing, I hope you live out your sadistic inclinations virtually only.

I hope you live out your judgemental inclinations in private in future.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Confessions

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Rather disturbing, I hope you live out your sadistic inclinations virtually only.

Seriously? You are replying THIS on a forum of a game which exist out of killing as much as possible on order to grow strong to be able to kill even faster/better/more on different maps ?
Surely you must be trolling… :P

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Confessions

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

Confessions of JadeArtemis, a Human Elementalist

1. I don’t only use the 4 skill on my ice bow before tossing it. I use 5 too, just on the off chance I can freeze the target hehehe.

2. I accidentally link my skills in chat all the time in SW maps because I’m constantly holding down control looking for chests.

3. I get really really upset if I am on a birthday booster and I am not doing things that make me money. I’m Smaug in human form when I’m on a birthday booster. GOLD GOLD GOOOOOOOLD.

4. I love to throw static fields behind me in wvw when a roamer is chasing me. I don’t bother to turn and fight.

5. It makes me sad I can’t give my mini puppy and fox actual names. I will call him snuggles and he will be mine forever and ever and ever and ever……

6. I change my character’s “look” at least 2 times a month. So what……? I like pretty things.

7. I get really angry when I conjure frost bows and fgs and no one uses them at teq. FREE AWESOME DPS. WHY YOU NO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY?!?!?!

8. I also get really angry when the people on the turrets at teq aren’t knocking scales off.

9. I spend all my karma on orrian boxes and then get sad when I don’t get at least 1 good lodestone.

10. When I stomp players in wvw…..I imagine a scene from the walking dead.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

Confessions

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I have 41 characters. One of each race/prof combination and one for key farming (all female. I can’t play male characters) – purely because I like leveling them and dressing them up (though a bonus of this is that I can park them all at a node and mine it on each one every day, or do the same thing with jumping puzzle chests. It took me only a month to gather up the amount of Blade Shards needed for all 3 of the backpacks).

Though I’m in a guild with some RP griefers and serious RP haters, I could seriously think about joining an RP guild if I had nothing to do.

Whenever an item comes out in the gemstore that I genuinely like, I buy it with cash, though I know if I saved the money that I’ve put into this game I would have over $1,000 – which for me is a kittenton.

When people ask “noob” questions in map or guild chat, I usually answer them, and then inform them of the wiki. Not so that they have the information they need, just so they don’t mindlessly spam questions anymore.

My first bf bought me the gw1 trio after letting me use his account for a trial on a character. He named her Lana, and the name stuck with me. It’s only been about a year since I learned what Archer was.

Anytime someone asks me for a nickname irl I tell them to call me Lana, and I don’t care about their confused response. I love my real name and I hate any nicks given instead.

I love jps and would happily log on to someone else’s account purely to do the jps for them if it wasn’t a bannable offence.

I always vote skyhammer.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

(edited by Miss Lana.5276)

Confessions

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I bought that golden pig mini and it poops ectos and I didn’t report it as a bug.

P.S. I’m keeping the ectos.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Confessions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Oh shoot, I forgot one in my last confession-dump.

Remember back when the daily login rewards were added and people who hadn’t logged in since the prior reset got their first reward immediately when the patch took effect, while others who had logged in since reset the day before had to wait until the next reset to get their first? And how people actually complained about that fact as if it were some huge inconvenience and disadvantage to be getting rewards one day later?

Well, I was one of the people who hadn’t logged in prior and so I was one of the people who got their first reward one day “early”. And I have made sure to log in every single day since that point, just to make absolutely sure that I keep that lead to spite all the people who made petty complaints about it as if it were the end of the world. Even on days when I normally wouldn’t play GW2 at all, I always make sure to log in just to snag my login reward and keep my extra day.

Confessions

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

I scrolled through this entire thread to find the anet comment. It is on page 4. I do this with most threads.