Mordrem Invasion Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Here is some constructive feedback to help you all with future events. I hope it helps!

1.) Enemies don’t drop loot or gold. That isn’t enticing. Killing stuff for a half hour and not having anything to show for it is disgruntling and unrewarding. If players have to be in the map for the entirety of the event and they disconnect or have to lave that means they get nothing. That is an ill-advised design choice in my opinion.

2.) This relates to #1, but what use are Magic Find Food, Banners, Boosters, camp fires if we aren’t getting loot in the first actual content put in this game in 8+ months?

3.) The Mordrem Bloom Reward Vendor is not only charging the blooms for their wares, but gold as well. As no players can get any gold for the event they just spent a half hour doing, you have turned the rewards(Once again)into a gold sink. After getting no drops from kills in said event, this feels really underwhelming. Not only can I not disconnect or leave the map, but I have to spend my own gold on “rewards”? Really?

4.) This event doesn’t show off any of the “new tech” that is supposed to be in Heart of Thorns. While I like this style of fast zerg, it was much more rewarding in the Aetherblade version of this event where(even though Magic Find didn’t affect it)Champs at least dropped Champ Boxes.

5.) The announcement page for this event said it started at 9 AM server time. Standing around for a half hour hoping it would start any moment wasn’t the way I wanted to start off my time in game.

May I ask the reasoning behind not dropping any gold or loot during this event so at least the players could cover a portion of what the “Reward Vendor” is collecting with what they just did? That’s a serious question as it may help me to get over how annoyed I am by this being the first content in 8 months and it falls so woefully short of the quality I have come to expect from all you talented people at ArenaNet.

Can my player character become one of these vendors please? They seem to be cashing in rather lucratively. We save Tyria and they charge us money to get “rewarded”.

I hope you can understand my frustration.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The event seems to be pretty disappointing. The opponents die way too fast, give no loot or exp. The events itself also give no karma. The NPC only has old stuff I already have.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Yup, I got tired of it 5 minutes into it, after 6 attempts to get to an event and arriving too late to tag anything. The one event I did manage to attend was even more involved than the ones in Silverwastes I got tired of months ago. Hit some blooms, hit a vine, hit some critters. Boring. Complete waste of time.

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

and after the event is over, i got nothing…

Proud TTS member

Posted by: otetas.9675

otetas.9675

as steve said, i spent half an hour and got absolutely nothing….

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I got nothing either, had 13 stacks. Got nothing.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Not a fan of events that reward absolutely nothing.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

15 stacks got nothing. Come on Anet this is it?

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

11 stacks of invasion defender after a long zone wide battle and absolutely no reward.

GG Anet, thanks for wasting my time.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Settes.3960

Settes.3960

Thanks Anet, I was fighting whole time, 10 stacks for nothing. At least I have almost everything what merchant have in shop so I don’t need those blooms.

Posted by: TylerB.7294

TylerB.7294

11 Stacks, mostly gold/silver medals. Nada.

Posted by: Sista.1925

Sista.1925

Event was not worth the effort or time. Had 10 stacks of the buff, got 5 blooms and some random mats. Wont be doing again.

Baby Sista
Listening to Prince.
IOJ>KAIN>FA….few stops in between and after.

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Yeah I agree with everything the OP said, if this is what loot and events will be like in the jungle then I would like a refund.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

half hour, many gold scores for the events, no reward whatsoever, the best people got was 5 blooms :-p. And not to talk about another mayor gold sink. Nice for the 24 hour grind crowd, not for the casual crowd who game and have a life. Doesnt really hold up with the no grind/horizontal gameplay phylosophy. Oh and the mobs did not have one loot drop? :-(

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

The Mordrem Invasion event awarding a stacking buff for event contribution that effects your rewards that has no noticable maximum stack is just going to promote tagging enough mobs for event credit and waypointing off to other events instead of trying to complete any individual one.

It’s certainly an accurate representation of what new players can expect in the Silverwastes and probably Verdant Brink’s timed defense events, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing.

(edited by Serval.6458)

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

30 minutes and noda:/

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

fought whole 30 mins, wasted lots of gold teleporting through out the map, got gold rating in the end, but only 5 blooms and 1 crate? Anet plz… at least give each individual event exp/gold/karma rewards like regular events.

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

Posted by: Healy Unit.1023

Healy Unit.1023

Hey Anet! Thanks for the reply! Oh, wait… you’re ignoring it as usual!

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

No rewards, no xp, no karma, no achievements, no point playing it…

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Got nothing also. Pretty bad event, going back to other stuff in the game.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Per Reddit:

GaileGray 7 minutes ago
Dang Mordrem. They’re EVERYWHERE! They even got into the code and did bad stuffs.
Seriously, we’re really sorry about the non-reward issue! The team is aware of the problem and is working to correct the issue as soon as possible.

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Some pople got rewards, some did not. I did not get rewards, probably because I did not buy HoT yet.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Even with the rewards – which was 5 blooms, 3 large claws and 1 obsidian for me – its hardly worth it, lol. Considering bloom costs, you have to do hundreds of these events to buy high tier stuff.

Silverwastes give more loot in 5 minutes than this event does in 30. Hell, WvW give more loot in 5 minutes and that’s saying alot.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I was one of the ones who received rewards. I wasn’t impressed. I mean, my options were one set of mats for an item I’ve already made four of (Spinal Blades) or mats for an item I’ve made one of and don’t plan to make again (Mawdrey). And then you get 5 blooms no matter how many events you do. No karma, no exp gain, no corpse loot. :\ On top of that, as was already noted, the mobs die very, very easily. I get this is meant to be accessible for lower level players, though.

I was looking forward to this, but I’m just a bit disappointed. I still love GW2, but I don’t think I’ll do more than maybe a couple more of these invasions.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

WOW this is one major colossal F..up for real this is what we get after not having any content for so long ? are u KIDDING ME

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s an event for new players, and the rewards are bugged. They were pretty clear in the blogpost that players level 18 could participate, so I’m not sure why 80s thought it would be challenging.

The reward bug is crappy for sure, though.

Manasa Devi.7958

I’m out. I don’t care if they’re giving a million blooms once they fix this. I’m done running around being too late to get event credit most of the time. Games are supposed to entertain, not frustrate.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Lol I do like your last bit about charging heroes for saving the World.

Joking aside, if this is also aimed at new players, I think it might be a bit off putting for them to have generated any money in the early weeks. I have no issue with the mobs not dropping loot (ala SW), but the vendor I’d prefer to be token only and not grindworthy (the latter we wont know until they fix the event rewards)

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

This is just a big zergfest. Not fun at all. I quit after10 minutes and went on to other things. I won’t be doing any more of them.

To be fair, I don’t know what Anet could do to make it more interesting. It just seems to be the nature of big events, big zergfests. Yuk!!

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I’m out. I don’t care if they’re giving a million blooms once they fix this. I’m done running around being too late to get event credit most of the time. Games are supposed to entertain, not frustrate.

I just can not give enough +1 to this post. These are my thoughts too.

Attachments:

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Being a fast zerg is precisely what I don’t like about it. Not fun!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

tl;dr version:

1. Loot (known bug, will be fixed)
  2. Didn’t start on time as stated?

And the Priory needs funding for their research. Nobody appreciates academia in its time. ;__;

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

Word, gw2 world events are the most frustrating brain-dead activities I’ve ever encountered in a game. Which is really surprising for a game that “breaks down walls” and does so many other things incredibly well.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

What did you expect? silverwastes 2.0???

Its for new players to get a sense of what their endgame is going to be.
Running in circles with a zerg, spamming auto attack. It’s what anet does best, create zergy content for the open world so everyone can be happy and win easy loot =).

Its their go to method when it comes to designing open world content.

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I don’t get it. 2 times we were there, did like 15 events and at the end it says we failed. WTH?

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Iason Evan.3806

tl;dr version:

1. Loot (known bug, will be fixed)
  2. Didn’t start on time as stated?

And the Priory needs funding for their research. Nobody appreciates academia in its time. ;__;

Wrong. The loot not dropping off of individual mobs is not what was broken. Getting blooms at the end was. The mobs are not intended to drop loot when you kill them. That is working as intended. I did not mention the blooms not dropping at the end of the event because I knew it was a bug.

Manasa Devi.7958

I expected nothing.

I was still disappointed.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

Of course I’m not 100% sure about it, but I think the event did start on time. It looks to me like the event cycle is 30 min forewarning where the next invasion is going to be and then 30 min actual invasion. The forewarning appeared right on time for the event start.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

for my part I’d say:

• the events are badly balanced – often they die too quick (people spend too much time walking and not enough fighting)
  • the events are not rewarding in and of themselves – no experience or loot from enemies, no karma – they feel totally unrewarding. (heck, I remember leveling characters back when scarlet invaded)
  • the events are boring – this varies from one to the next, but the catapult one’s really bad; repeated catapulting, which can take forever if someone unpracticed gets to the catapults first. to be honest, some of these feel worse than a standard tank’n’spank
  • the blooms are bugged or bad – if you were lucky, you got 5 blooms at the end. I know a bug was involved here, but to what extent? was it just the not getting rewards or was it the number?
  • for an event marketed so heavily around guilds, there’s no guild integration – this confuses me. the whole “it’s a good time to be in a guild” message is just plain wrong. it’s not a good time to be in a guild. being in a guild has literally no bearing on the outcome of this event whatsoever.
  • For an event aimed at new players, it sure isn’t new player friendly – nice rewards – if you’ve got piles of gold. lots of events – but you’ll need waypoints to make it on time. interactive fighting – but if you’re not experienced in the game (catapult mechanics, etc) you’ll have trouble completing the event, or maybe even cause it to fail.

it kinda feels badly thought through to be honest. the one positive for me is:

• The Rewards are actually quite nice – having previously gem-store only or even unavailable items be the rewards is nice, though undermined by the above issues.

the idea of bringing these skins back into the game is nice, but doesn’t fix the implementation of the event.

overall, I feel this event needed some serious work, and was ruined by the advertising long before it ever started. (note – don’t advertise what you can’t deliver. it’s a really bad move.)

(edited by Gray.9041)

Posted by: Enav.7082

Enav.7082

I wonder whether any compensation to the people who attended , but did not get the prize?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So its time to be honest here Anet,

Is this how events will go after HoT is released, as we seem to be seeing more and more events where no loot drops, no xp is given, and no karma is awarded during or after an event, the latest event in game being another great example,

IS that how you promote the game to new players, go do this event for 30 mins, it will tell you that you failed in the end, oh and we don’t award any loot during events,

I have already pre-purchased HoT but can we please have an honest answer about events and rewards, as if that is how its going to continue, I will just ask for a refund now.

I cannot seriously tell any of my friends who don’t play this game to even try it with the current reward system, we keep hearing changes are coming, yet all we get are events that give no loot.

Why bother maxing MF when nothing drops anymore.

((( AND yes im aware there is a bug in the end reward, but the fact remains no loot drops from enemies during, and if that’s how it is going forward, id rather invest my time and money into another game )))

Posted by: Milkey.6894

Milkey.6894

I have already pre-purchased HoT

I haven’t.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

(edited by notebene.3190)

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

So if 5 blooms is the best you can get from each 30 minute event.
That’s 90 half hour events.
45 hours of play time minimum assuming you always get 5 and the events don’t continue to give absolutely nothing.
Do they run back to back, twice an hour?

How the heck are we supposed to get in that many events in a single weekend event?
I play a lot on the weekends but I don’t know how the hell I’m supposed to manage 45+ freaking hours for a single item.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I expected nothing.

I was still disappointed.

Sounds like a personal problem….

If you expect nothing, than you should have no emotional response…. yet somehow you are still disappointed….that means you had some kind of expectation…

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

I have already pre-purchased HoT

I haven’t.

I haven’t. And if this is any indication, I won’t.

Iason Evan.3806

Also, from a veteran player standpoint, I love the fact we can get items that were discontinued. I really do. I would however liked new rewards that I could earn because I have all the stuff from that vendor.

Hey, I get that you guys wanted to add a new event in for the new players. It’s great that you did. I just think this was a really poor way to do it is all for all involved. The loot should be really lucrative. Someone at a meeting really should have been like, “Hey all! This is our first content in 8 months. Let’s make it really rewarding!.”

Increase the loot before the event is over! I know you can do it! You have the new server tech! Use it to make this an amazing event that is rewarding!

Posted by: Raeysa Penrose.8450

Raeysa Penrose.8450

The only real issue I have, given that I know ANet’s working on the bugs, is the pricing of the rewards. I’ve been told that we can get up to 5 blooms per invasion, which means 5/hour. At that rate, in order to get one of the selfless/selfish potions, you’d have to be playing for around 22 hours of every single day of the event, leaving around 6ish hours to sleep.

As I ‘m not sure whether the rate is a further result of the bug or a set thing, I’ll refrain from commenting further until the next patch goes up. I hope I can get my potion(s) without unhealthy sleep deprivation though!

Fear not this night
curse my dependence on sleep for survival!

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

When you see major bugs for a little event like that, and a rehashed one with many time to work on, you can be afraid for the dlc where 3 of the mini-maps were not even beta-tested., and the one we saw was never the whole. The more i see their promotional beta, the more i smell the scam. I wouldn’t be surprised if at launch, 2 of their dlc’s mini-maps are completely broken, and last of it not released.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

-snip-

This. I have to agree with every bit of your post.

Golden shackles are still golden.