Create ascended gear through pvp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fistful Of Bacon.3046

Fistful Of Bacon.3046

As Anet has recently given us ways to make money, and level our characters through pvp, i think it would be a good idea to be able to get ascended mats from pvp, either through glory, or dailies, or something, so we wouldnt have to grind world bosses, or any type of pve for that matter.

thoughts?

edit: currently, i don’t really have trouble getting dust and star things, because i do some wvw, and pve events/leveling every now and again, but basically the only efficient way to get dragonite is farm world bosses, and thats probably my least favorite thing to do in game…

Who stole my honey?

(edited by Fistful Of Bacon.3046)

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Better: ban ascended gear to Fractals.

Posted by: ibbyuoi.1976

ibbyuoi.1976

that’s, actually a decent concept.

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I am glad that there is a “hard” to get material,without that ascended would be just easy to get,the new “exotic”.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Agree 100%. Why should I as a WvW/PvPer be forced to PVE to get BiS gear? Makes no freakin sense! Either make it attainable from WvW or keep it out of WvW!

EDIT: Starting to think Anet is run by ex Funcom members. Remember BORI in AoC? PVE Grind for PVP gear (It killed AoC for me)

(edited by hellsmachine.4085)

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I’m backing this if I can get rank finishers through PvE.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

+1 for a good idea
+1 for a good name

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Agree 100%. Why should I as a WvW/PvPer be forced to PVE to get BiS gear? Makes no freakin sense! Either make it attainable from WvW or keep it out of WvW!

I agree. It’s incredibly stupid that they bring in some PvE grind armour in WvW. This alone makes me want to go for the next big RvR.
WvW is bad as it is with all the noob zergs… ascended just makes it worse.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Fistful Of Bacon.3046

Fistful Of Bacon.3046

I am glad that there is a “hard” to get material,without that ascended would be just easy to get,the new “exotic”.

Nobody said that it shouldnt still be hard to get dragonite, there should just be more than one decent way to get it.

I agree. It’s incredibly stupid that they bring in some PvE grind armour in WvW. This alone makes me want to go for the next big RvR.
WvW is bad as it is with all the noob zergs… ascended just makes it worse.

Exactly, and its these big zergs that get rewarded with dragonite from taking keeps, while the small group havocs, and roamers don’t get squat towards ascended. (Sorry, we do get emp fragments, but you can get a plethora of those from anywhere else in game)

Who stole my honey?

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

They would have to make armor/weapons less RNG in fractals, and put the rest of ascended in it or this would be awful.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Yeah, it would be easier to just remove Ascended gear, or more properly, vertical progression, entirely, from the game. It’s simply not in the GW DNA and it simply fails here. BTW, I think your name, Fistful of Bacon, is perhaps the best account name I have seen to date. Cheers. Sadder even than the fact that they added VP is the fact that I didn’t think of Fistful of Bacon.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Easy to program: make ascended gear equal in stats to exotics.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Love this idea.

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

The only thing that is ‘hard’ about getting dragonite ore is fighting the urge to uninstall while mindlessly following the zerg and auto attacking for hours and hours to get the 1500+ needed.

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

I don’t craft, I never have in any game period, having rammed down my throat just makes me look for my game play els where.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’m backing this if I can get rank finishers through PvE.

Hell yeah

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I don’t craft, I never have in any game period, having rammed down my throat just makes me look for my game play els where.

Agree 100%. I played gw1 since 2005 and I am trying really hard to enjoy gw2, but with this half kitten vertical progression and time gating making the game increasingly alt unfriendly I will likely be jumping ship as soon as one of these new mmo’s are released.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Yeah, it would be easier to just remove Ascended gear, or more properly, vertical progression, entirely, from the game. It’s simply not in the GW DNA and it simply fails here. BTW, I think your name, Fistful of Bacon, is perhaps the best account name I have seen to date. Cheers. Sadder even than the fact that they added VP is the fact that I didn’t think of Fistful of Bacon.

I fully support removing vertical progression. Fancy rare gear can look cool, it can have the best stats possible guaranteed, but it shouldn’t have stats unattainable on normal gear.

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

another thread of pvper wanting to get some pve stuff without working on it or play the content it was intended

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

another thread of pvper wanting to get some pve stuff without working on it or play the content it was intended

Hey, I’m all for not giving ascended armor in WvW… as long as all ascended armor in WvW zones immediately get reduced to exotic stats PvE players shouldn’t have a stat advantage over PvP players using something they got from a dungeon. At least, not unless those same stats are achievable via PvP.

(edited by Tolmos.8395)

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Hey, I’m all for not giving ascended armor in WvW… as long as all ascended armor in WvW zones immediately get reduced to exotic stats PvE players shouldn’t have a stat advantage over PvP players using something they got from a dungeon. At least, not unless those same stats are achievable via PvP.

+1 nicely put.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

EDIT: Starting to think Anet is run by ex Funcom members. Remember BORI in AoC? PVE Grind for PVP gear (It killed AoC for me)

I got an Ascended weapon from a rank chest before in WvW. It was probably like 100+ ranks and months ago though, lol. Would be nice if there was some way to get armor too from WvW and something done about the insane RNG. Have full Ascended on my Thief (except range weapons cuz that = another 500 craft) Would be nice to get some crap for my alts w/o having to lvl more crafts. ;/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

The day it was able to be used in WvW it was no longer “PvE stuff”, so it is now “content it was intended for”. I only see 3 fair options here:

1- Remove Ascended from WvW.
2-Give WvW and Spvp its own unique pathway to Ascended Armors and Weapons.
3- Require everyone to earn specific ranks in WvW and Spvp to unlock Ascended pieces to finish their armors and weapons. Its only fair, a PvE’r never has to step out of their preferred playstyle to earn Ascended like a PvP/WvW’r has too.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Good old Boring. I see you didn’t like pounding rocks either lol.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You get ascent armor in WvW dude all the mats to craft it is there,dont be lazy and ask for free stuff…

Sirendor.1394

^^^what are you talking about???!!!

You only get empyreal and bloodstone. You don’t get any dragonite except from keep lords and that’s just 3 and I think I only kill a keep lord every 10-20 hours of WvW gameplay.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The answer to ascended material disbalance is pretty simple and has been suggested countless times: an MF recipe to convert from one type to another type at a discounted rate. This makes it still time consuming as intended but doesn’t force people to farm activities they dislike (like dungeons in my case).

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Good old Boring. I see you didn’t like pounding rocks either lol.

Hahaha! Player vs rock? Who ever came up with that idea, has rocks in their head… Pun intended…

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I don’t understand why anyone would argue against more paths to attain bis gear.
Even if you do enjoy spending hours zerging temples and then sitting at a crafting station, do you enjoy it so much that you’re against anet adding another option for those of us that can’t stomach that grind?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Too many hamsters rolling on the gear wheel to realize the benefits of equipment standardisation across all game modes.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Sirendor.1394

Too many hamsters rolling on the gear wheel to realize the benefits of equipment standardisation across all game modes.

You forgot me. I realized it long ago. Oh how I wish the whole game was level 80 (making levels redundant) and gear was free.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Now this idea I like. When you leave fractals it converts the gear to Exotic quality or something. That would make this game much, much more enjoyable.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.