TheRandomGuy.7246

we can see the damage meters cause

That’s why no one can show any?

DPS meter in game would be a "God Send"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Ok, how about we answer a question:

These people who would be elitist pricks and harshly kick people for the slightest dip from perfection if they had an integrated DPS meter to view from…

Do those who appose a DPS meter believe that said pricks do not already harshly kick people? In other words, do you believe they would only start being pricks if they had a meter?

NSPride <3

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’m completely against dps meters unless it’s a personal one. Lack of damage meters is part of what makes this game different and there is a certain amount of toxicity that comes with meters. This game still has one of the best MMO communities, but a meter would definitely damage it.

However, I think it’s important for people to be able to examine their damage and help improve themselves. So a personal meter would definitely be a useful tool.

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

I’m completely against dps meters unless it’s a personal one. Lack of damage meters is part of what makes this game different and there is a certain amount of toxicity that comes with meters. This game still has one of the best MMO communities, but a meter would definitely damage it.

However, I think it’s important for people to be able to examine their damage and help improve themselves. So a personal meter would definitely be a useful tool.

No, i wanna see how i directly compare to my teammates.
Your solution is unacceptable

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

FFXIV has gear inspects and allows dps meters, community there is much better than here. Much, Much better. That also allowed Pugging Raids easier since you don’t have to rely on “Blind Trust”.

A lot of times, someone with all the shinies is actually the lowest dps because either his rotation is wrong or not paying attention. No way you can tell that here in GW2, they always blame the guy with exotics or the new guy.

(edited by Hirasaki.6208)

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Ok, how about we answer a question:

These people who would be elitist pricks and harshly kick people for the slightest dip from perfection if they had an integrated DPS meter to view from…

Do those who appose a DPS meter believe that said pricks do not already harshly kick people? In other words, do you believe they would only start being pricks if they had a meter?

I don’t think any reasonable person would think a DPS meter is necessary for them to act that way. The question is if a DPS meter is necessary or useful tool in the game to play it … if not, then why put it in? I don’t even see how it would be useful information to the average player, considering most probably have no idea how to interpret the data from such a thing.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

are you kidding? they cause people to kick people from their team who aren’t doing a certain amount of damage, they cause elitism which is incredibly damaging to a game.

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

are you kidding? they cause people to kick people from their team who aren’t doing a certain amount of damage, they cause elitism which is incredibly damaging to a game.

wrong, people who like to kick players will keep kicking them, the difference is you now have information about kill attempts.
People like you are stuck on the word ‘elitism’, which in itself proves you aren’t thinking through what you are writing

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Achievement points, mini pets, skins, mastery points, trash items, currency, and even forum posts cause elitism. “Elitists” can kick without dps meter.

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

how many here against the dps meters actually raid? i want to know. and i dont mean “well i raided once with my guild” i mean within the last 2 weeks killed more than 1 boss.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If god was to finally send us a gift and it was a DPS meter I’d feel pretty shafted. ;o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

how many here against the dps meters actually raid? i want to know. and i dont mean “well i raided once with my guild” i mean within the last 2 weeks killed more than 1 boss.

If you are asking for DPS meters exclusively in raids then this question would have merit. This post doesn’t say DPS meter in raids would be… It says “DPS meter in game would be”. In game and in raid only are very different.

It really doesn’t matter if you raid or not to weigh in your opinion on a “feature” that would be game wide.

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Considering raids can be cleared by almost any comp a DPS meter isn’t needed. If it were content that required a 10% margin to pass or fail then sure. But it isn’t. ‘God-send’ is the opinion of the op. Anet seems understaffed already so why give have the create something that wouldn’t really matter?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey guys,

We have a lot of tools that we use in the development of the game, but not all of them are available or supportable in the live game. Adding tools to the game that would require continual updating and maintenance would not be the best focus for the team. So while we’re aware that some players would like to see an official DPS meter — and clearly the community is divided on this topic — you should be aware that the team does not intend to add one to the game.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet