Daily Wars 2

Daily Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

That’s actually how my game is called on my computer since 2 month.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

If you are logging in for a reward, and not to have fun enjoying a video-game, then its not a surprise that you don’t find the game fun.

What does any reward really provide you with? Something else to enjoy playing the game with. If you have already given up on playing for enjoyment then you are beating your head against a wall.

I’d like to add that there are plenty of things to do and ways to play that don’t limit you to grinding and farming for a reward.

Thats what single player games are for. If you honestly get more enjoyment out of GW2 personal story and single player elements over The Witcher 2 / Fallout NewVegas / Dark/Demon Souls etc… then more power to you I guess. People play MMOs for the online multiplayer experience of creating a character and getting loot rewards / skins / and constantly tweaking their build to be as good as possible for their playstyle, and putting those up against other plays in PvP and PvE content. So theres ALOT of character management / economic / meta stuff going on that you dont see in single player games.

Without a doubt, single player games like Dark Souls, Fallout 3, etc. are a far better “game” overall. The draw with a game like Guild Wars 2 is the community, getting to play with friends, and a far, far, far greater openness and dynamic gaming experience.

Rewards are of course great, and they come in all types of forms. The point that I’m making is that if you are ONLY logging in to earn that next reward, and you look at the content of the game as a barrier, obstacle, burden, to that reward then what’s the point? Aren’t all rewards added bonuses to playing the game, the very thing that said person finds a burden and has continued to look past? This is why I find grinding/farming to a a silly way to spend time playing unless that’s truly what you would consider a good gaming experience.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

When I feel this way, I play WvW. It never gets old

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

To answer your question: Maybe, but we the players have to keep being vocal about how displeased most of us are with the end game.

The “most” who happen to be the same few people on the forum complaining, as opposed to the dozens of “full” servers with hundreds of thousands of players who play every day without uttering a word of complaint…

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

WvW is awful, its zergs running from objective to objective for points (for what? +5% more crafting bonus?). Theres small guild 5/10 mans all in vent running around destroying stragglers and maybe 1/50 times find a decent fight with people on their level/organization. The rewards are trash, and I honestly feel 0 pride in knowing my server played musical objectives better than another server, nor do I care since again the rewards are trash.

DAoC did tri faction open world PvP perfectly, all WAR had to do was emulate it, but it failed to do that with the same dev team behind it. And GW2 WvWvW is 100x worse than WAR’s. Comparing GW2 WvWvW to any decent games open world PvP is like comparing put-put golf to 18 holes at pebble beach.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

opposed to the dozens of “full” servers with hundreds of thousands of players who play every day without uttering a word of complaint…

You know whether they complain or not how…?

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Daily Wars 2

Zepidel.5349

To answer your question: Maybe, but we the players have to keep being vocal about how displeased most of us are with the end game.

The “most” who happen to be the same few people on the forum complaining, as opposed to the dozens of “full” servers with hundreds of thousands of players who play every day without uttering a word of complaint…

Thats because maybe 5% or less of the playerbase even cares enough to go to the forums or even knows one exists. Just like product review pages on amazon/newegg etc… most people don’t care after they bought a product to give any kind of feedback unless its amazing or its absolutely awful, and its usually the latter who gives the most feedback. And using the amount of people playing a game as a indication of how good it is, how low can you get?

By that logic WoW and LoL are the best games ever made what are we doing wasting our time here? WoW does 1 thing good at that is appealing to as many people as possible, which gives an extremely watered down result… everything is OK, but not that great. Which unfortunately is what GW2 is trying to do (GW1 was a niche PvP game). And again LoL tries to appeal to the most people by being super casual easy to pick up and having specs so low you can play it on a super nintendo, all so more people will play it and they will make more money. All the wile DoTA2/HoN appeal to a niche crowd, and for those players they have a much better game.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

WvW is awful, its zergs running from objective to objective for points (for what? +5% more crafting bonus?). Theres small guild 5/10 mans all in vent running around destroying stragglers and maybe 1/50 times find a decent fight with people on their level/organization. The rewards are trash, and I honestly feel 0 pride in knowing my server played musical objectives better than another server, nor do I care since again the rewards are trash.

DAoC did tri faction open world PvP perfectly, all WAR had to do was emulate it, but it failed to do that with the same dev team behind it. And GW2 WvWvW is 100x worse than WAR’s. Comparing GW2 WvWvW to any decent games open world PvP is like comparing put-put golf to 18 holes at pebble beach.

I Agree to some point but no way in hell was WAR better in any way.
In WAR there were just zergs avoiding eachother to raid keeps, circle raiding npcs all day long for armor dropps. It was horrible unbalanced in terms of population. It failed after a couple of months for a reason.

GW2 WvW could be fixed with 1 patch, new (alot) bigger WvW maps and more reason to roam for small groups is the only way to make this work.

When i manage to capture a camp solo while 2 enemies defending it i get alot less reward then the 1 spamming lemming who zerged a fortress. Thats pathethic.

Daily Wars 2

Zepidel.5349

I Agree to some point but no way in hell was WAR better in any way.
In WAR there were just zergs avoiding eachother to raid keeps, circle raiding npcs all day long for armor dropps. It was horrible unbalanced in terms of population. It failed after a couple of months for a reason.

GW2 WvW could be fixed with 1 patch, new (alot) bigger WvW maps and more reason to roam for small groups is the only way to make this work.

When i manage to capture a camp solo while 2 enemies defending it i get alot less reward then the 1 spamming lemming who zerged a fortress. Thats pathethic.

No I agree WAR was bad, it had plenty of potential and you would think Mythic could pull off a decent RvR game after DAoC. Regardless I still had 100x more fun in WAR RvR than in WvWvW.

At least it had an objective and rewards better than moving up a ladder / +15% more karma points for your server.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I know people like to say it only takes a few minutes to complete dailies, or that it’s so easy that it can be done while you’re not even trying to do it… But I have not found that to be the case at least for me.
Yes, there are days that the daily is very easy and is quickly obtained if you pay attention. But there are just as many days that they require you to move to other maps or do things you would not normally do. In the distant past it was a non-issue. Unless you were farming Karma, who cared?
We have laurels now and though it is not a requirement to obtain BiS gear, many people would like to obtain it in a reasonable amount of time. And if we want ascended gear then laurels is a must.
I have alts, lots of them. I play alts to mix it up and have some fun. I also play them in multiple areas of the game. So my main is wearing an amulet and I almost have enough guild commendations for the earrings. I took her to fractals for the first time recently and am having fun there, so rings are next.
I guess that my point is, my endgame is gearing everyone up in ascended so that I have some choices. If I want to take my necro to fractals or my ranger, I can. If my guild needs the guardian in WvW or forbid, the ranger, then I can. You can come here and tell me how the ascended equips are unnecessary for WvW or whatever other part of the game they aren’t required. Yet I see them as necessary especially since all my characters are going to go through fractals at some point. That also means that dailies are a must.
I don’t see dailies being a difficult grind but I really am tired of the overall time gating. Ascended, if they were ever really intended, should have been fully implemented from day one. Craftable for the ugly sector of armor/weapons, buyable with karma, laurels, or gold and acquired through loot drops in open world (albeit rare drops). Then and only then would I consider this a gear tier that was ‘intended’ from the start.

OMG you have to …move maps? I didn’t know. You mean you have to use a way point and go somewhere for five minutes? Now that I know that I’ve completely changed my mind. A waypoint! How horrible for you.

Yes, you have to port somewhere and spent four minutes there for a laurel. If it’s such a big deal don’t do it. Do you know the expression storm in a teacup. This fits perfectly.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I totally agree with the OP. And since people say those fed up are not vocal enough about what they dislike about this game, I will be vocal about it. I been playing online MMos since the 90’s, Ragnarok online, Ever quest, Diablo 2 and moving from game to game as the gaming world evolved. This included Ncsoft’s Aion and Lineage 2.

Now why am I fed up about this game. Hum, it feels like the whole game started with art. Let’s make awesome art, let’s make a world that makes no sense but looks good. Let’s take Kryta for example, human been driven back, broken and forsaken by their own gods, yet their city looks like an endless party with people who look far too happy, also for a bunch of different human sub cultures that banded together, they all seem like a bunch of bimbos to me.

Now on to the lore. No lore pass “Lol inquest did this, sons of svarmir did that, flame legion planted some effigy over there bla bla bla.” Is just the same repetitive pointless crap with no substance or anything behind it, ever wondered why all the maps are death?

On to the next point, dungeons. No dungeon finder? C’mon don’t give me that “Social interaction” bullkitten, no one runs anything besides CoF p.1. The best I can get is the random LFM for X dungeon with 4 people who end up disbanding cause the #5 never joins. Story mode dungeons follow the story of making Destiny’s Edge band together again. Yep, they looked like a cool bunch in the trailers but honestly they are far too annoying and childish, again no sense at all, you challenge an elder dragon, one old dude dies and you go berserk over it? That’s like saying you went to kill Obama and some random old mentor of yours got killed in the cross fire…

Next Personal story: Is not personal, is boring, is tedious and by the old gods and the new beyond counting I hate Tehern or whatever his name is spelled. Also the orders…they work for the same goal but don’t trust each other, Wtf this is like saying Navy Seals don’t trust army ranger or EDOs…or the Air force…like seriously…

WvW: Bad match ups, lag is unbearable, only good thing this game had and it turned into a spam #1 and hope for the best. Bad match ups too.

S/T pvp: No class balance, boring maps, domination as the only game mode. Yep boring boring, boring. Let’s not talk about the match ups too. Or the fact that it doesn’t reward you in any possible way.

Class balance: None existent…in fact no mmo will ever have a perfect class balance but this one just breaks the scales in every possible way.

Content: There is none. They made that Halloween patch last year, ever since they transform the same nodes into something different, resprite the mobs that come out and change the tool tip of the item you receive, over and over and over. Then give the player base chives for logging in and waiting in LA. Or doing other boring activities that have no real skill value behind them. WvW updates? Traps? Seriously… Spvp updates, 2 maps, both boring and unbalance.

And most importantly: The end game…There is none. No raids, no hard mode dungeons, no advancement no real achievements. World bosses stand there and suck damage until they die… Claw of Jormag is the only different one as all you can do is sit behind the cannons and wait for phase 2. Since that thing is a torture. Legendary weapons? You mean the toy looking weapons or over shinny stuff that only takes massive grinding to get? No epic quest, no epic challenges no nothing just plain grinding.

Next point: Gold sink, I know you don’t want no people buying too many gems with gold, but kitten everything is a shameless money sink. Want wvw gear which equivalents crafted or dungeon gear? Np just get trucks of badges and pay me a bunch of gold. Like for real. I can just go run CoF a few times and get the gear while making a bunch of gold.

Rewards: Did a world boss got a bunch of greens. Spend hours in WvW made 1 gold, maybe, like 50 badges if lucky…for which I got no use for since I need kitten laurels and gold to do anything with em, making em the hardest currency to obtain yet the less valuable lol. Karma comes from everywhere but got no use either…Spvp skins don’t work outside spvp so they also got no use if you get bored of spvp which you most likely did then you are kitten.

These are the basics, resumed to the core and waiting for Anet to delete this post and ban me for saying the truth again. Oh that reminds me the devs. They seem like little kids talking about their fave toy rather than serious developers who want a good product that creates a good client/company relation and satisfaction for both sides. You tell em something you don’t like about it, bam post is deleted within minutes and you probably get ban for a while just so you know they mean business.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

@Vayne – Yeah it’s so hard to WP and all. I mean the massive expense and physical effort to click so many buttons. :P

THAT wasn’t my point at all but you singled it out. I’m sorry I touched a nerve.
I do my daily every day that I can. Sometimes it’s all I do. And recently there have been days that I’ve had extra time and just logged out when the daily was done. That feeling is disappointing.

The time gating is at issue more so than the perceived inconvenience of doing the daily. I don’t think the OP was complaining about the difficulty and neither was I.
Or at least I didn’t mean to come across as such.

I tried to make the point that for certain parts of the game ascended is needed and that telling people they don’t need it, isn’t the answer. Also that time gating gets tedious for the players and it feels contrived. Like something they tossed together quickly to slow people down. Ascended, if truly planned as a intermediary step between exotic and legendary, should have been fully implemented from the day they put it in the game. THOSE were the major points.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Daily Wars 2

Vayne.8563

@Vayne – Yeah it’s so hard to WP and all. I mean the massive expense and physical effort to click so many buttons. :P

THAT wasn’t my point at all but you singled it out. I’m sorry I touched a nerve.
I do my daily every day that I can. Sometimes it’s all I do. And recently there have been days that I’ve had extra time and just logged out when the daily was done. That feeling is disappointing.

The time gating is at issue more so than the perceived inconvenience of doing the daily. I don’t think the OP was complaining about the difficulty and neither was I.

I tried to make the point that for certain parts of the game ascended is needed and that telling people they don’t need it, isn’t the answer. Also that time gating gets tedious for the players and it feels contrived. Like something they tossed together quickly to slow people down. Ascended, if truly planned as a intermediary step between exotic and legendary, should have been fully implemented from the day they put it in the game. THOSE were the major points.

Since the daily started, I’ve done the daily most days. I have had enough for three ascended amulets with monthlies. I’ve only bought two.

I just don’t see that this is a major problem. I don’t need ascended amulets on every character. For most people, it’s not a problem.

I agree it’s a problem for a small percentage of people, but MMOs are made for the masses.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

I don’t understand how peoiple have to “go for dailies”. You mean you don’t gather as you’re running by stuff anyway? You mean you don’t end up killing 50 things while just running around? You mean to tell me crafting something or visiting a laurel vendor taks you so far out of your game.

I call BS. These things mostly happen naturally. Maybe at the end of my play session I have to finish one in a couple of minutes, but usually I finish the daily without even thinking about it.

And no I don’t think you’re playing wrong. I think you’re exhausted all the content. It’s like any game when you’ve exhausted the content. You get bored. How many hours have you played OP?

Not everyone plays the same as you though.

Why assume everyone is running around areas randomly, doing dailies along the way? Everyone’s play style is different. Not everyone is constantly running around zones randomly to do their dailies as they come about. And not everyone can play for hours straight, just picking up their dailies as they go.

Some people are only running dungeons. They have to go out of their way to do dailies. Or those in WvW or SPvP. They have to do the same thing. Or how about those that only have a couple hours to play a day? They have to go out of their way to get it done before they log off.

For those that want the best gear in the game, they have to do the dailies every day to get it. And most the time for those people, they have to go out of their way to do it. So in order for them to progress, they have to do dailies. Which ends up being their “endgame” cause it’s the only way to get the gear.

So while you spend all your time roaming around the world randomly, taking care of your dailies at a leisurely pace, others are having to go out of their way to get them done so they can progress. We don’t all have the luxury of time, nor do we all have the same play style.

And to add to that, for some of us, because of our schedule, play a little before the daily resets, get half the daily done, the daily resets, your progress is lost, and now you don’t have enough time to do the rest of the (new!) daily all over again.

Daily Wars 2

Vayne.8563

I don’t understand how peoiple have to “go for dailies”. You mean you don’t gather as you’re running by stuff anyway? You mean you don’t end up killing 50 things while just running around? You mean to tell me crafting something or visiting a laurel vendor taks you so far out of your game.

I call BS. These things mostly happen naturally. Maybe at the end of my play session I have to finish one in a couple of minutes, but usually I finish the daily without even thinking about it.

And no I don’t think you’re playing wrong. I think you’re exhausted all the content. It’s like any game when you’ve exhausted the content. You get bored. How many hours have you played OP?

Not everyone plays the same as you though.

Why assume everyone is running around areas randomly, doing dailies along the way? Everyone’s play style is different. Not everyone is constantly running around zones randomly to do their dailies as they come about. And not everyone can play for hours straight, just picking up their dailies as they go.

Some people are only running dungeons. They have to go out of their way to do dailies. Or those in WvW or SPvP. They have to do the same thing. Or how about those that only have a couple hours to play a day? They have to go out of their way to get it done before they log off.

For those that want the best gear in the game, they have to do the dailies every day to get it. And most the time for those people, they have to go out of their way to do it. So in order for them to progress, they have to do dailies. Which ends up being their “endgame” cause it’s the only way to get the gear.

So while you spend all your time roaming around the world randomly, taking care of your dailies at a leisurely pace, others are having to go out of their way to get them done so they can progress. We don’t all have the luxury of time, nor do we all have the same play style.

And to add to that, for some of us, because of our schedule, play a little before the daily resets, get half the daily done, the daily resets, your progress is lost, and now you don’t have enough time to do the rest of the (new!) daily all over again.

You don’t have 20 minutes on either side of the divide?

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yea i got sick of the dailies

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Kaiem.8297

Kaiem.8297

I don’t understand people sometimes. I constantly see people moaning that content isn’t rewarding enough and it’s too boring to do without rewards. So are these people suggesting the main reason they play games is the rewards and how fun the content is is secondary?? This is so backwards its untrue! The whole point is to do what you find fun, the reward should be secondary!

As for the dailies whilst I hate the time gating of laurels they only take like 20 mins to complete. On top of which it is only amulets and certain stat combos of rings that are only obtainable through laurels otherwise there is at least an alternative.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

shrug

For me, WvW, dungeon runs, the Living Story stuff, and (slowly) going for my Legendary are enough to keep me interested. I do my dailies, but I find the new system to be very forgiving. I’ve done a teensy bit of PvP but generally don’t like capture-and-hold like it’s done there so I mostly only do that when I feel like skirmishing but don’t want to wander around a Borderlands for 20 minutes looking for someone to fight.

I wouldn’t be opposed to more endgame content, however. More awesome dragon fights would be especially cool.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

it’s amazing this game is daily wars/zerg wars/trade wars/spam wars/etc everything but guild wars.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

I can’t do it in 20 minutes, and if I have 20 minutes before and 20 minutes after, that’s 20 minutes I don’t have anymore to “just enjoy the game the way I like to”, and now half of my gaming time was spent completing chores I didn’t enjoy. That means I now only have 20 minutes to actually do something FUN, which is why I bought a GAME.

Dailies are designed for people who don’t have a lot of time, to give them a way to get stuff like karma and ascended gear. That’s what they’re there for.

How are dailies designed for people who don’t have a lot of time, when it’s people who don’t have a lot of time who get shafted? Interesting logic.

Many people have already pointed out not everyone plays the same way you do. If you enjoy rushing rushing rushing to get all the daily done, good for you, but for a lot of us that’s boring. But it’s the only way to get laurels.

This is fun? This is not fun.

Log in and chop down 5 trees, salvage some junk i had to go get off low level mobs, maybe do a boring easy dungeon, and talk to the laurel vendor. I then receive my anet issued 1 laurel per day. Then Proceed to find a group for fractals a dungeon I have run 9001 times so I can have a shot at a ring and my anet issued 1 pristine relic per day. Look down at my keyboard and think well guess i have no reason to be online anymore till tomorrow, but hey in 2 months ill have a piece of jewelry that is 5% better than the one that took me 5 minutes to get.

This is the endgame in GW2… doing dailies. Who would of thought a company could take one of the worst things introduced in world of warcraft and build a game around it.

Are they ever going to make this game interesting past leveling up and exploring?

Daily Wars 2

Vayne.8563

I can’t do it in 20 minutes, and if I have 20 minutes before and 20 minutes after, that’s 20 minutes I don’t have anymore to “just enjoy the game the way I like to”, and now half of my gaming time was spent completing chores I didn’t enjoy. That means I now only have 20 minutes to actually do something FUN, which is why I bought a GAME.

Dailies are designed for people who don’t have a lot of time, to give them a way to get stuff like karma and ascended gear. That’s what they’re there for.

How are dailies designed for people who don’t have a lot of time, when it’s people who don’t have a lot of time who get shafted? Interesting logic.

Many people have already pointed out not everyone plays the same way you do. If you enjoy rushing rushing rushing to get all the daily done, good for you, but for a lot of us that’s boring. But it’s the only way to get laurels.

Log in and chop down 5 trees, salvage some junk i had to go get off low level mobs, maybe do a boring easy dungeon, and talk to the laurel vendor. I then receive my anet issued 1 laurel per day. Then Proceed to find a group for fractals a dungeon I have run 9001 times so I can have a shot at a ring and my anet issued 1 pristine relic per day. Look down at my keyboard and think well guess i have no reason to be online anymore till tomorrow, but hey in 2 months ill have a piece of jewelry that is 5% better than the one that took me 5 minutes to get.

This is the endgame in GW2… doing dailies. Who would of thought a company could take one of the worst things introduced in world of warcraft and build a game around it.

Are they ever going to make this game interesting past leveling up and exploring?

People who don’t have a lot of time aren’t shafted. Maybe people who barely have any time at all, and that would be the same as most games. Why not try looking at the facts?

People who have MORE time and MORE characters are complaining they can’t do the daily on EVERY character. Anet implemented a daily so people with more time can’t easily outstrip those who want to get something like an ascended amulet.

They did the same thing with guild missions. They limit the amount of guild merits a guild can get, so that bigger guilds can’t just run away fast fast and be so far ahead of medium sized guilds.

If you have NO time, not enough time to spend 20 minutes doing a daily….don’t do the daily. Because at that point you have time to do nothing that requires an ascended amulet.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

High-End is not existing besides the high-level-fractals. No hardmode, no hard dungeons, no challenge at all. Look at CoF p1, what sort of pun should that be? Calling this a dungeon is an insult to the dictionnary!

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

People who don’t have a lot of time aren’t shafted. Maybe people who barely have any time at all, and that would be the same as most games. Why not try looking at the facts?

People who have MORE time and MORE characters are complaining they can’t do the daily on EVERY character. Anet implemented a daily so people with more time can’t easily outstrip those who want to get something like an ascended amulet.

They did the same thing with guild missions. They limit the amount of guild merits a guild can get, so that bigger guilds can’t just run away fast fast and be so far ahead of medium sized guilds.

If you have NO time, not enough time to spend 20 minutes doing a daily….don’t do the daily. Because at that point you have time to do nothing that requires an ascended amulet.

Problem is you expect people to know the game just as well as you do. But a lot of people don’t. They don’t know where to find 3 veterans in the maguuma jungle. Or what’s the best map + route to get the gathering nodes. They don’t have the knowledge to effeciently complete the daily within in 20 minutes. It takes longer than that.
And once it takes longer than 20 minutes, it’s starting to become a pain. You have to do it if you like BiS gear, because it’s the only way. But it’s eating up all the time you have to play. On top of that the combination of the choosable dailies can sometimes be really annoying.

Wouldn’t it be better to actually let the player choose his “category” of dailies? Say you like gathering, so you go and gather 30 nodes. Daily done. And instead of just getting karma / mystic coin / laurel, you also get say a few orichalcum ore. In turn if you choose a “kill 50 mobs” daily, you get an item instead of orichalcum ore.
This way the daily wouldn’t feel so forced as much, because you have to do less and can actually choose what you like to do (or would do anyway even if the daily wasn’t there). In addition you would receive a reward that fits to that certain category.
And if you don’t like that extra reward bit in my suggestion, just leave it out.

Daily Wars 2

Vayne.8563

Problem is you expect people to know the game just as well as you do. But a lot of people don’t. They don’t know where to find 3 veterans in the maguuma jungle. Or what’s the best map + route to get the gathering nodes. They don’t have the knowledge to effeciently complete the daily within in 20 minutes. It takes longer than that.
And once it takes longer than 20 minutes, it’s starting to become a pain. You have to do it if you like BiS gear, because it’s the only way. But it’s eating up all the time you have to play. On top of that the combination of the choosable dailies can sometimes be really annoying.

Wouldn’t it be better to actually let the player choose his “category” of dailies? Say you like gathering, so you go and gather 30 nodes. Daily done. And instead of just getting karma / mystic coin / laurel, you also get say a few orichalcum ore. In turn if you choose a “kill 50 mobs” daily, you get an item instead of orichalcum ore.
This way the daily wouldn’t feel so forced as much, because you have to do less and can actually choose what you like to do (or would do anyway even if the daily wasn’t there). In addition you would receive a reward that fits to that certain category.
And if you don’t like that extra reward bit in my suggestion, just leave it out.

If I had a problem like that, I’d take ten minutes to research it to make my life easier. You know, like Dulfy’s guide to doing the daily that tells you everything you need to know. Or the threads that have popped up on the forums giving people advice. Or even, gasp, join a guild and ask someone.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Incognito.7820

Incognito.7820

To sum it up, end game game is RP content and skins (which there are few of).
After doing countless FotM runs, getting 100% map on 4 characters and getting the best looking skins in my taste for my characters, the only thing I manage to log for is doing spvp daily.
I enjoyed this game to the max (the hardcore way), and I want to move on to another game, but I can’t seem to quit since the game is amazing, but that’s why it is so disappointing at the same time.

Daily Wars 2

RoterFuchs.9216

If I had a problem like that, I’d take ten minutes to research it to make my life easier. You know, like Dulfy’s guide to doing the daily that tells you everything you need to know. Or the threads that have popped up on the forums giving people advice. Or even, gasp, join a guild and ask someone.

Yea, but not everyone is like you. Or plays like you. You should work on your attitude.

Daily Wars 2

Vayne.8563

snip

snip

Yea, but not everyone is like you. Or plays like you. You should work on your attitude.

Nope, you should work on yours.

What you’re saying is people would rather NOT enjoy the game, than take ten minutes to check into something they don’t understand.

Every single game has stuff you need to know to play it. MMOs have more of that than most games. A percentage of people would rather stumble around in the dark, and then complain about not being able to do something and that’s fine. But when they complain, they should expect to be called out by people who have taken the time to learn the game.

This is basic, SIMPLE stuff. Theres’ a guide available online. Here’s a link. Five minutes of reading can make the game more enjoyable….for you can sit and complain…but don’t expect Anet to change the game…because in that aspect it’s not broken.

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-daily-achievements

Daily Wars 2

RoterFuchs.9216

What you’re saying is people would rather NOT enjoy the game, than take ten minutes to check into something they don’t understand.

Every single game has stuff you need to know to play it. MMOs have more of that than most games. A percentage of people would rather stumble around in the dark, and then complain about not being able to do something and that’s fine. But when they complain, they should expect to be called out by people who have taken the time to learn the game.

This is basic, SIMPLE stuff. Theres’ a guide available online. Here’s a link. Five minutes of reading can make the game more enjoyable….for you can sit and complain…but don’t expect Anet to change the game…because in that aspect it’s not broken.

Yes it is. Because now you actually tell people to learn the game, to make something that should be fun into a task that they have to work for, so they can minimize the time they have to invest. Sounds very much like a chore to me, and not like fun.

Dailies should be easy and fun. They shouldn’t require you to read a guide so you can effeciently grind them each and every day, because they’re the only means of getting BiS gear. It’s a flawed system that forces you to go out of your way to complete it, every day. Again and again.

Right now you’re the one acting high & mighty and arrogant, telling people how to play.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

Dailies should be easy and fun. They shouldn’t require you to read a guide so you can effeciently grind them each and every day, because they’re the only means of getting BiS gear. It’s a flawed system that forces you to go out of your way to complete it, every day. Again and again.

Dailies are work you have to do to get something in return (in this case laurels). Fun is subjective… what is fun for you might not be fun for me and vice versa. Either you work for it if you want BiS gear or you don’t it is still your choice. You don’t lose anything for not doing it but you don’t gain anything either.

It is like legendaries, getting the mats are far from fun (farming, rolling in the mystic toilet, etc) but people still do it because they want it bad enough. Same with dailies if you want the BiS Amulets then you better be ready to work for it.

Daily Wars 2

Zepidel.5349

Dailies are work you have to do to get something in return (in this case laurels). Fun is subjective… what is fun for you might not be fun for me and vice versa. Either you work for it if you want BiS gear or you don’t it is still your choice. You don’t lose anything for not doing it but you don’t gain anything either.

It is like legendaries, getting the mats are far from fun (farming, rolling in the mystic toilet, etc) but people still do it because they want it bad enough. Same with dailies if you want the BiS Amulets then you better be ready to work for it.

What you aren’t understanding is that dailies SHOULD NOT be the outlet for BiS gear. Anyone can do dailies. There is 0 challenge in doing them, there’s no kind of sense of accomplishment. Plain and simple dailies are a CHORE nothing else. When a game becomes nothing more than another chore akin to washing dishes spoiler its not fun anymore.

Legenadaries are another matter, honestly I don’t care they provide no stat bonus over something I can farm in 2 hours. I’m not autistic enough to spend hundreds of hours for a skin. And I’m fine with that, but dailies on the other hand you HAVE to do to be competitive. That’s the problem.

Daily Wars 2

Vayne.8563

Yes it is. Because now you actually tell people to learn the game, to make something that should be fun into a task that they have to work for, so they can minimize the time they have to invest. Sounds very much like a chore to me, and not like fun.

Right now you’re the one acting high & mighty and arrogant, telling people how to play.

Why should dailies be fun and easy? Because you say so? Dailies are certainly easy. I’m not sure I’ve ever played a game where they were fun. They’re something that helps you get a reward you wouldn’t normally be able to get otherwise.

I’m not telling people HOW to play. I’m telling people learn the game. You wouldn’t play chess without knowing how pieces move. I’m not telling people to do anything but learn how to play the game, because in theory that would increase their enjoyment of the game.

Or are you suggesting that people who learn how to do dailies quickly and easily will enjoy the game less?

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Since the daily started, I’ve done the daily most days. I have had enough for three ascended amulets with monthlies. I’ve only bought two.

I just don’t see that this is a major problem. I don’t need ascended amulets on every character. For most people, it’s not a problem.

I agree it’s a problem for a small percentage of people, but MMOs are made for the masses.

It’s not just a problem for dailies it’s a problem for how they setup DR. you port and you port sometimes to places that don’t have what you’re looking for. It’s no secret that their number of money sinks outweighs the ability to have income or rewards in the game that’s why they are working on it.

I agree with him it’s annoying having to port all over the place the regional location thing is for the birds especially when it comes to events it’s just like the group events thing, I’ve never chosen that one because groups aren’t always available and they make it counterintuitive with their chat system banning you if you post LFG too much or you’re forced to use an outside of the game website because an essential UI element is missing from the game for almost a year now.

Oh and about Anet changing the game, they’ve done it before because they knew it wasn’t right the way the dailies were before, nor were the rewards which says to me that yes they know there are these major issues. The question is will they change these things in time.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

You can almost always do your daily in one location, maybe two. That’s not a gold sink.

If you aren’t getting your daily within 45 minutes, less if you are really focused on it, and doing it in 1-2 zones, then you are doing it wrong. Also, if you aren’t making 1-2g each day in profit, even if you waypoint like a madman, you are doing something wrong.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Daily Wars 2

Vayne.8563

It’s not just a problem for dailies it’s a problem for how they setup DR. you port and you port sometimes to places that don’t have what you’re looking for. It’s no secret that their number of money sinks outweighs the ability to have income or rewards in the game that’s why they are working on it.

I agree with him it’s annoying having to port all over the place the regional location thing is for the birds especially when it comes to events it’s just like the group events thing, I’ve never chosen that one because groups aren’t always available and they make it counterintuitive with their chat system banning you if you post LFG too much or you’re forced to use an outside of the game website because an essential UI element is missing from the game for almost a year now.

Oh and about Anet changing the game, they’ve done it before because they knew it wasn’t right the way the dailies were before, nor were the rewards which says to me that yes they know there are these major issues. The question is will they change these things in time.

I don’t know. It’s pretty easy to get to LA for free, and then take a portal to a city for free and then run out into a starter zone for free. That’s how I do it. I rarely have to port to achieve this. It does cost me a couple of minutes extra, however.

That’s a choice each player needs to make.

But at most I port 1-2 times to get my daily. That’s at most. That means at most I pay 6 silver on a 80th level character. I make 5 silver back, plus the drops I get….I have yet to lose a single copper on doing the daily.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

What you aren’t understanding is that dailies SHOULD NOT be the outlet for BiS gear.

Why not?

Anyone can do dailies.

And I don’t find this a problem. Is there something someone cannot do or get (other than rng skins)?

There is 0 challenge in doing them, there’s no kind of sense of accomplishment.

You can say the same for everything else in this game, run them a couple of times and tell me what kind of sense of accomplishment a person gets. I have the same opinion of dungeons and fractals after the 3rd run it might as well be a chore than an adventure.

Plain and simple dailies are a CHORE nothing else.

Fine, then don’t do them. This is not a customized game that aims to please the minority.

Legenadaries are another matter, honestly I don’t care they provide no stat bonus over something I can farm in 2 hours. I’m not autistic enough to spend hundreds of hours for a skin. And I’m fine with that, but dailies on the other hand you HAVE to do to be competitive. That’s the problem.

Competitive? One amulet which barely makes any difference in stats?

By the time you typed in all your replies, I would already finished my dailies. :-)

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I actually really enjoy the daily, i work 8-5 everyday, and the daily+world bosses are a perfect amount of stuff to do before I have to get off. Maybe throw in some wvw or map exploration if i have time, but I really enjoy it. With that being said I’ve seen that the game offers lots of endgame options (work on legendary, get map completion, achievement hunt, spvp, wvw, fractals, mini games) and if you truly aren’t having fun, maybe just try another game for awhile then come back.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

I stopped doing dailies a long time ago. After I got the amulet, I found no need for laurels anymore. Going out of my way for Karma and Laurels didn’t make sense to me anymore because they’re not really worth anything.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

I agree, I start hating doing dailies too…
In the past the daily rewarded only with karma and some experience, so it wasn’t a big problem to miss them. Now you HAVE to log in and start doing your daily for the laurel, if you miss your laurel you can’t recover it another day. Maybe on Syndays I can play at pc 10 hours? No matter, after 30 mins you have finished your daily and you can’t use your time to get more laurels if you missed something during the week.
Maybe on Tuesday evening you have one hour for playing, your guild friends ask you to run a Fractal but you have to refuse because you first have to complete the daily.
I wish a GW2 with more freedom. I wish the old daily was back, you got the prize (karma/experience) while you were playing normally the game, not perfoming specific tasks.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If you only log in to do dailies (some days that’s all I do, but generally if I’m strapped for time) and that’s it, then I hate to say it but you have exhausted your personal limit for what GW2 can offer. You should play something else. If you don’t like to do WvW, sPvP, dungeons, leveling alts, etc. and feel dailies are the only thing keeping you playing, then what the heck are you still doing logging in?

If/when I get to that point, I will likely stop as well. GW2 is what you make of it. I get a kick out of competing for achievement points with guildmates. To me that’s my end-game right now. Other people don’t care about achievement points, and that’s fair too. Different strokes for different folks you know?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

You’re not forced to do dailies. I wont say this game isnt for you, but if you arent playing for something else (preferably for fun) and just log in to daily and fractal daily, you should probably spend your game time on something else for a week or so. See how you feel about it then.

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’ve suggested it before:
each day, have 5 random ways to earn daily credit.
each time you do one of them (for example: gather 1 material), you get 1 credit
when you get 100 credits, you get the daily achievement.
that way you’re not forced to do any one thing, but rather your choice of things.
still a bit of a grind, but much easier for people that want to actually play instead of going out of their way to complete dailies.

Daily Wars 2

Zepidel.5349

I don’t believe I have ever played a MMO so casualized, so easy as GW2 in terms of PvE dungeon and raid content. It’s really mind boggling to be honest.

Lets start with Dragon Raids. The 1st thing many of us got hyped about was the GW2 Shatterer fight video released before the game. It certainly looked epic, it looked like many people had to band together to take down some terrible evil. But in reality the fight is merely starts by someone watching a website that tracks the spawn timers for these dragons. When the window opens they tell people and dozens of drones with nothing better to do sit around for up to an hour waiting for the thing to spawn. You would think they were waiting for something fun, but when the dragon finally appears there is no kind of “OK guys listen up we need people over there taking care of that, you guys on res duty, and you guys make sure….” nope none of that stuff. Instead 100 people cram together on a rock next to the dragon turn on auto attack and alt tab to check their facebook status. After 2 minutes they tab back in to get loot, which is terrible anyways. And the cycle continues. I cant imagine how these loot pinatas were ever a threat to the Tiria.

Next we have dungeons. Every single dungeon I cleared the 1st try with a pug group with the exception of Arah P1 and P4. Sadly enough the 1st time I faced lupi with pugs we downed him on the 2nd attempt (im not tooting my own horn here, a pug group means little to no organization and shouldn’t be facerolling dungeons with people who never done them before). There was no difficulty or need for tactics or need for putting time and care into builds. Sure you can go full support engineer or mesmer, but why? When does anyone ever need that support. All you do by going non zerker builds is slow your team down. The meta of dungeons in GW2 is “How fast can we clear this crap and get our tokens” So gee I wonder why CoF P1 is the most ran dungeon. And gee I wonder why warriors and mesmers are the most sought after class. And gee I wonder why people avoid doing trash as much as possible or find ways to exploit past parts of the dungeon. Infact 98% of the failed dungeon runs I had were do to people not being able to…run past trash.

Sadly enough the only difficulty to be found in dungeons is your move from a balanced build to a zerker build after you are able to negate any real damage by dodging (there no need for extra hp/toughness or healing at that point). In all honesty anyone who doesn’t run a zerker build in dungeons is doing so because they suck and need the cushion to not die. If a dps meter ever got introduced the tears would be ENDLESS. The reason why anet doesn’t want a dps meter is because with the meta we have it would prove how unbalanced the game is for it.

What they need to do introduce/rework content that is impossible to beat without someone supporting, without someone playing some niche role or need to use your kitten brain. So yes anet you crushed the trinity and traded it in for the…singularity? how is that a step forward? If you are going to do something bold and innovative like make an mmo without a trinity you need to make the PvE work around that, and honestly I’m not seeing how our dungeons are any different mechanic (or lack of any) from any trinity mmo.

Until you do something about it players who expect to be challenged are just going to level up to 80, faceroll through all the content without trying then quit after a week or two. Sadly enough people like me will come back after a few months since nothing new or exciting is being released on the mmo market.

Daily Wars 2

Zepidel.5349

You’re not forced to do dailies. I wont say this game isnt for you, but if you arent playing for something else (preferably for fun) and just log in to daily and fractal daily, you should probably spend your game time on something else for a week or so. See how you feel about it then.

you ARE forced to do them because its the only outlet for certain BiS gear. If you want to be competitive on all your characters you NEED to do them. They need remove laurels from dailies and have another way to get them. Keep the 10 laurels on monthly I am fine with that since it doesn’t screw people who don’t log everyday.

Daily Wars 2

Vayne.8563

you ARE forced to do them because its the only outlet for certain BiS gear. If you want to be competitive on all your characters you NEED to do them. They need remove laurels from dailies and have another way to get them. Keep the 10 laurels on monthly I am fine with that since it doesn’t screw people who don’t log everyday.

You’re forced to do them for 30 days to get an amulet, or 20 days if you’re getting a monthly. That’s the extent of being forced if you want BIS gear.

By now you could have had several different amulets, either for different characters or different builds.

At what point do you stop complaining that you have to keep doing them?

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

It really feels at times looking at this forum, that nothing ANet can do is going to please some people. I personally consider the dailies both optional and a side activity, not a MAIN activity, which is what the OP is claiming.

Look at the amount of things there are to do in this game! Is this the first MMO for some people no these forums? I can easily compare GW2 to other MMO’s and consider that there is MORE to do at any stage of the game, whether it be early levels or this elusive “end game”.

There are lots of dungeons with multiple paths, fractals, various achievements, weapons to work towards, guild missions, dynamic events from which you can keep earning karma, xp and money…….how many MMO’s allow you to keep going over the same in-world content like this? Not to mention the wvw and spvp areas of the game.

If I went back to Aion or Lotro…..I couldn’t go to any map previously completed and run around with total free will re-doing content, or experiencing dynamic events I never saw before.

Seriously…..dailies are not endgame, they are an optional side activity. If you don’t like it, because it feels unsatisfactory, then use your free will and don’t do it.

Another thing I am beginning to feel at times, is that people want something for nothing. To gain laurels you do the appropriate content, or you choose not to. This is what MMO games entail. You don’t get free stuff just for logging in and looking pretty.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

(edited by PolarisNova.3867)

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

This is a part of the endgame. The actual end-game people like the OP refuse to even attempt to do, but instead whine.

The end-game of GW2 IS dynamic events; the Living Story; sPvP; and WvW. In other words. The Dragon Bash event going on right now is the end-game.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

Incoming legion of fanboys to tell you this game isn’t for you and you are playing it wrong.

Maybe if this was RIFT or AION etc… This game IS the sequel to Guild Wars, how can a game claim to be sequel yet emulate nothing but lore from the original? I would of been happy with them re creating GW1 on this engine and adding an expansion worth of content on top of that. They would of had to have done 1/4th the work and would have 4x the game they have now.

The epic is strong with this post

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

Daily Wars 2

Zepidel.5349

This is a part of the endgame. The actual end-game people like the OP refuse to even attempt to do, but instead whine.

The end-game of GW2 IS dynamic events; the Living Story; sPvP; and WvW. In other words. The Dragon Bash event going on right now is the end-game.

If you bothered reading…. anyways dungeon gear is obtained in about 20 or so 10 minute dungeon runs. after that all that is needed is dailies. which take 30 days minimum, but most people dont play every single day so they miss laurels. Then if you have more than 1 character or build its back to doing them…

and then after you BiS every slot there’s 0 to do since…. there is no challenging content which would even require said gear. So the last phase of endgame really is dailies. I guess I’m one of those weirdos who likes to be challenged (like in GW1?).

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

If you bothered reading…. anyways dungeon gear is obtained in about 20 or so 10 minute dungeon runs. after that all that is needed is dailies. which take 30 days minimum, but most people dont play every single day so they miss laurels. Then if you have more than 1 character or build its back to doing them…

and then after you BiS every slot there’s 0 to do since…. there is no challenging content which would even require said gear. So the last phase of endgame really is dailies. I guess I’m one of those weirdos who likes to be challenged (like in GW1?).

Through the Living Story system that has only been alive for a few months that “challenge” you seek will come. First and foremost people need to realize this game is only 10 months old. Most games don’t even make updates till have at least a year and a half on them. Just be glad they are doing something and not doing anything at all

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

(edited by Krosslite.1950)

Daily Wars 2

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You’ve chosen to make dailies the center of this game, not Anet. If you have no interest in Ascended gear (which I assume given your 5% comment) then why bother doing dailies or fractals at all?

Run some dungeons, get 100% world complete, do some jumping puzzles, acquire the skins you really want, do some world bosses, help out guildies, chat in LA. There’s a lot to do. You’re just ignoring all of it.

And if you’ve already done it all, then find another game and come back in a month for new content.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)