Does anyone actually LIKE their class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

? ranger is not bad for dungeons. sword warhorn is pretty freaking great. And they are good in open world in the sense that you can just stand back and bearbow the hell out of mobs without taking a hit.
although yes 90% or more of rangers are bad at dungeons especially the kudzu twilight guys

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I love my engineer. Then again I picked what I “think” is an uncommon build. I haven’t exactly gone hey, what’s the most common builds to find out, but it’s not one I hear about much. I’m bomb/heal engi. I HATE changing my tree because it’s by far the most survivable class/build combo I’ve tried to date.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I like mine. I have a theif, a mes, an ele and and a necro (I just wish she was a bit better for some of the PVE group stuff and condi was a little less reliant on specific circumstances to really work).

I have a ranger but I’m finding that a bit boring to play and I’ve never really gotten into the warrior class of many games. My guard is still to low to judge. I’ve yet to make an engi.

Thing is, most people who come to the forums are usually here because they have concerns so it always seems more negative and people tend to bias towards the class they play and think it needs buffs.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I have one of each class and two of ranger, mesmer and warrior. I love them all. Well, maybe not that keen on engineer but only because, for me, it is quite a complicated class to play and I am not good at it. Some of them took a while to grow on me. I deleted the first necro I made because I just didn’t like it but now I have a level 80 necro and love playing her. Guardian took a while too but I finally like her. The ranger was love at first sight and is still my favourite class.

Posted by: Yuta.9487

Yuta.9487

I’ve got 3 classes.
-Ranger
-Warrior
-Thief
I love how fast thieves are and playing with their stealth is just a lot of fun although I haven’t used this class alot.

The warrior is overall just a superior class, I like the play but a little too standard for me.

So far I’ve mainly played to ranger. I just love the concept of the class, but the way Anet worked it out is pretty bad. It’s horrible for teamplay but good skills and a lot of practice make things up tho. I’m still outplaying 80% of my party members in dungeons. But yeah I can only agree that the ranger needs a serious rework.

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

Short version: I know I love my Guardian. Even focusing on condition. I just wish I could have made my first build work with my playstyle.

I know I love my Guardian. I was personally just a little bummed to find how squishy I think I was when I went 30 Zeal/Radiance + 30 Virtues + 10 Honor/Radiance (I tried a few builds without going Valor. I was creating the character from an RP perspective where he was more a Zealous-Honorable/Radiant Charr [ideas was something akin to a witchhunter. A little bit of Imperial Space Marines too.] than ever really Valorous. Rather a stupid reason for picking the traits perhaps but that was my problem.)

That and the negative reaction for try to play my guardian as Condition focused. Honestly I think before I started looking for ways to “improve” I was the best off. I’m thankful for all the advice I got but it got a little disconcerting at first. Although I’m really pleased to see Dire as an armor type. I was interested in something like that for a while.

I still love him and he’s my main though. I also started up an Ele and it felt good, a call back to my Ele/Warrior from GW. Ranger’s really fun and I’m interested to see what I can do with my Necro, though he’s just reached level 20 because of a scroll and I lack a lot of time to play at the moment.

I deleted my Mesmer early. I love the concept I just found that I felt like my Shatter was underwhelming and not as fun. I’m considering either giving it another try or playing an Engineer for a little bit next, once I finish setting up my Guardian with the armor pieces that I want.

I’m also reading over the Pyroclasm stuff in the Guardian forum. Its good stuff. Wish I had seen it sooner. It will likely effect my build. Resetting points is a cheap so maybe I can work something different to enjoy the Guardian even more.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

yeah…. but only b/c I play it like a dervish instead of the way it was actually designed.

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I like melee in this game. Ranged sucks, because strafing in this game is terrible, and kiting with the combat slow is also terrible. I played a engineer character yesterday after a year and realized how much combat sucks as ranged.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I love Mesmer and have leveled a few. Now that I have Runes of the Traveler on my main, my main gripe with the class (keeping up with teammates out of combat) is gone.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

I love my necro. My only complaint is when they took away my death shroud parachute…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Honestly any job with a 25% speed boost would be worth playing

That would mean mesmer is the only class not worth playing. :p

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Condineer, and I enjoy is massively.

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I Ab-so-lu-te-ly LOVE my Ele, I have rerolled Mesmer just to get the portal, Warrior, Ranger and Necro, but never could bring myself to play long enough with them. She’s just gorgeous and deadly.

That said, i can understand why so many people (they don’t really “complain”) feel the ele has to be revamped, and i do agree with the most constructive comments because the class mechanics are simply broken. It takes a lot of time and experience (and love too) to master that class, just to get average results. I have met some very proficient and lethal eles in www, but you have to be a monster to get to that level. Most of the time eles are just candies as victims, and fireflies as predators. They’re fine in PvE, but in high level PvP you can’t make one mistake since you don’t have the base survivability (vitality-toughness) to cope for it.

Anyway, the only reward you can get from playing it is personnal satisfaction, and the feeling that you can always do better next time.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Guardian has no boost without staff, Engi while technically has a perpetual 33% boost…its tedious and annoying.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Guardian has no boost without staff, Engi while technically has a perpetual 33% boost…its tedious and annoying.

I use “Retreat!” + “Save Yourselves!”
For Engineer I guess it depends. I use Med Kit so there is additional swiftness from that.

On the other hand every class could use a set of Superior Rune of the Traveler.

Posted by: Kestin.2368

Kestin.2368

My ranger is awesome!

Lore fanatic, achievement hound, map completionist, PvEer, filthy casual.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I really want to play mesmer, but I’m so used to the boost that I found it really painful. Looked it up when I was level 7 or something, and deleted the character. Made a necro instead.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

I really want to play mesmer, but I’m so used to the boost that I found it really painful. Looked it up when I was level 7 or something, and deleted the character. Made a necro instead.

IMO mesmer is alot more fun than necro and actually more useful in dungeons and such. Necros bring dps but it doesnt match other classes while mesmer can bring dps and utilities. You should try it out. At first i didnt like it but since ive started leveling one up its starting to become my favorite class

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I love my ranger. I loathe the pets. Infact, the pets are so bad in this game I have chosen to retire my ranger for anything other than dailies or standing around in LA. I have lvl’d a guardian, theif, mes, and warrior. My Guardian is my new main. Warrior is mainly for dungeons. Theif for WvW. Mes for dungeons/group content and when I don’t feel like playing on my Guardian.

The rangers are far-and-away the worst class in the game solely because of the pet. I firmly believe if a ranger could perma-stow the pet and given their full DPS they’d be much loved. Sword+WH is a pretty strong DPS combo already, and if a ranger could actually apply all the damage that it could while the pet is perma-stowed (because they pets are too we-todd-ed to hit anything that isn’t standing still and a creature)… The Ranger would actually be OP.

Until a perma-stow option is given my Ranger will be rarely be seen.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

That is why I don’t read the profession forums anymore.
I love my Mesmer, Ranger and Engineer.
I am leveling a second Mesmer now.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I loooove my engineer. I use it for both, PvE and PvP with good success.
Before that I played Guardian and Mesmer. Now I almost fall asleep everytime I play them :P
They just dont have as much explosions and mightstacking and… Explosions and… variety and did I mention the awesome explosions?

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I love my Warrior, Thief and, to an extent, Guardian (I still feel Guardian needs work to become a finalized class).
That’s mostly because I play only melee, heavy armor or assassin classes tho.
I don’t like offensive magic, archery or machinery so it’s natural for me not to like Necro/Ele/Mes/Ranger/Engi.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

If you are talking about pve, yes this is gw(guardian warrior) game.
In wvw and pvp there are better options than them. Hopefully, anet wants to seperate pvp and pve balance and treat both of them differently. As a necro, and condition build user on my thief/warrior, I think we need a proper condition/dot engine in PVE. Some classes has better condition builds than zerkers(for example engis/necros), but this 25 stack limit is preventing us to use condi builds in pve. You can’t deal damage to champs, bosses etc bcos there’s already full 25 stacks on them. They have to rewrite the game’s condition processing engine from head to toe. Other mmo’s don’t have this dot limit problem although they have generally more players in screen. I suggest them to allow us personal 25 stack condition damage space for pve only. Passive debuff condition stacks can stay the same, I just mean damaging conditions like bleed, burning, poison, torment, confusion etc. Without these changes, this game will stay as a berserker-only game in pve. This makes warriors to have the best dps in pve, so they are the only preferred class in dungeons and events.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I like melee in this game. Ranged sucks, because strafing in this game is terrible, and kiting with the combat slow is also terrible. I played a engineer character yesterday after a year and realized how much combat sucks as ranged.

People keep sayin’ this but I don’t get it. I’ve played a Thief since launch, (and some in beta, too) and I’ve done tons of strafing and kiting over the months … always works honky-dorky for me. Get used to changing the radius of your circles on the fly, map your dodges so they’re easy to do on the run, and it’s a piece of cake. I spent most of my first 30 levels playing a pistol Thief and kicked alot of [puppies] doing it. I’ve always thought this was one of the easier games ta kite in, seeing as you can use all your powers on the move.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

Mesmer is by far my favourite class. I’ve given the other classes a try but I find them really boring (and typical MMO classes) to play. The only other class that I find interesting is the Elementalist but it requires a lot of attention and knowhow to make use of all 4 elements with your weapons to be of any use.

I’ve tried guardian, ranger and necro. But Mesmer is where my heart is.

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Love Mesmer/Thief. Mind-screwing the opponent is great fun. Love Ele/Ranger/Engi/Necro a slight fraction less, and rather hate how bad that foursome get
shafted so darned much. Guard’s not bad, in fact it can be argued to be hella strong … but compared to the pure craziness of my main two, it’s a bit lackluster.
(Working on mine, currently). Warrior … well, I’ve never been a big fan of that
archetype (You’re talking to a guy who used to run Fighter/Mage, or Thief/Mage, in his D&D days … never really got into “pure” Warrior-type classes /shrug)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

The only thing about classes I don’t like (and this is across the board) is the limitation of weapons they can use. Things like ele’s not being able to use a torch, ranger’s not being able to use a gun, and engineer’s not being able to use anything (haha) make me sad.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

*Raises Hand

I love my engi. Ranger is pretty good too. Warrior is boring at best.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I assure all of you, it is not exaggeration and nitpicking, the professions really do suck. Compare them to the original professions, they have absolutely nothing. They have no depth, they are like a breadstick, they got no rhythm.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

All classes are fun in their own way, but in reality if you want to be effective and useful in PvE you roll a warrior/guardian or you are out of luck.

Though with the introduction of Teq ele’s have a niche roll.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I love my necro. My only complaint is when they took away my death shroud parachute…

Yep that hurt like kitten. I like my necro, but the build I always wanted isn’t there currently (vampire). I really hope that with the scaling of the siphon being re-worked to split healing/power elements my class will finally be self sustainable.

Honestly I don’t care if I hit (power) like a little girl, just make me be true attrition (healing) already.

thefantasticg.3984

@Mea: Pretty simple… Its the pets the vast majority don’t like.

Oh, and the Rangers that don’t melee when they should.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

basically what you’re reading is they have a long long way to go to fix all of the classes other than warrior and guardian because they all have had glaring design flaws that the two favorites don’t have to contend with on a daily basis, flaws that for the most part the devs have ignored.

Oh and don’t mistake complaining for not liking, the people who complain love the game and love their characters. People who hate the game actually aren’t here nor do they bother posting to the forums. That’s a typical misconception.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: SgtSarcasm.1653

SgtSarcasm.1653

I love all 3 of my lvl 80 characters. Necromancer, Warrior and Guardian.

Khaine [80 Guardian] – Night of Wallachia [80 Warrior]
Minister of Fear [80 Necromancer] @Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I have loved my ranger, until I couldn’t take the huge DPS difference to other classes anymore and switched to Mesmer. I am now LOVING my mesmer – so much dmg and so much utility! Also very challenging to play a zerker Mesmer well I have also started lveling an engineer and have to say, I am thoroughly enjoying the very different playstyle with no weapon switch and instead tons of possible variations in builds with all the different kits and changing skills! Not a fan of warrior and guardian myself, I find them too stale and boring XD I like the more versatile, more challenging classes

thefantasticg.3984

Shelved my ranger except for dailies and standing around in LA. With my guardian it’s nice having the things I use, like the class defining mechanic, work as intended.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Shelved my ranger except for dailies and standing around in LA. With my guardian it’s nice having the things I use, like the class defining mechanic, work as intended.

You already posted the same thing, paraphrased, in this very same thread.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

All classes to 80 except for huntard and I’m finding a hard time enjoying that class when in MMOs hunter is my favorite, cause that’s what this class is. Hunter. Not archer. My pet is more powerful then me and honestly more viable than me even though its clunky. Every other class is more powerful as far as I’m concerned. despite having medium armor, huntard manages to feel squishier then elementalist. Probably cause of the weapon choices, either ranged as kitten, or zrrkrr melee your heart out before risen destroy you.
But I enjoy playing every other class. I mostly PVE dungeons and world bosses. I also continue to level huntard despite its downfalls just in case it becomes buffed in time or fun at 80. I’m classist in that every class has its place, and its helped me create the play style I want.

Attachments:

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Yes, some do. I find the staff elementalist to be one of the most fun things to play not in this game but across many games, even in 1v1 duels.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Torrent.7380

Torrent.7380

I enjoy the engineer more than any class from all MMO’s I’ve played as far back as Shadowbane. A few classes in Warhammer online come close but they were far less balanced which made them more of a chore to play.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I loved my warrior back when he was just a free kill. I love it even more now that people are crying OP.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

They’ve reduced the Guardian class to a Cleanse Bot.

I haven’t log’d into WvW for the last 3 weeks.

The dev’s don’t know their head from their…..

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I assure all of you, it is not exaggeration and nitpicking, the professions really do suck.

Doesn’t look like people agree with ya, seeing as how many seem to enjoy their classes. You don’t like ‘em and you always have the right to be wrong, that’s why it’s a free country.

And comparing them to GW1, really? I loved me some Guild Wars 1, but combat was mostly stand and cast – which got boring.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Any person that doesn’t like their class is a stupid kitten that needs to learn how to play, kitten eles using PVT gear with staff and saying it’s very unfair how they deal a lot lower damage than zerk warriors…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

I enjoy pretty much every class, I tend to run builds I find are fun primarily, but also tend to work out to be efficient for my play-style. Guardian was my first class to 80, but I don’t play him as much now, Thief was my second to 80 and is my world explorer character, I enjoy playing him for the quick mow-down abilities, and Warrior is my third to 80, and I enjoy his balance of sturdiness and support capabilities. I have low level Ranger and Necro, I plan to make the Ranger my next 80, but Necro doesn’t really play the way I’d like so it’ll need a bit of tweaking for me to want to play to 80. I also enjoyed Mesmer, but don’t currently have a slot for one, and I attempted Engineer, but it didn’t feel the way I expected, but I plan to re-roll both of those classes later when I come up with a build I think I’ll enjoy.

I find I enjoy my characters when I put a bit of myself into them, and create my own builds vs popular ones (though some turn out to be close to them). I primarily play Dual Pistol Thief (sometimes medic), Tank Warrior (sometimes shout builds), and Support Staff Guardian. I miss old Minion Master Necro, so I’m trying to find a balance from the GW1 builds to GW2 builds I can live with, and I have a “Beast Warrior” type build for my Ranger, as for Mesmer I’ll probably go a defensive route with some Illusions and dual sword/greatsword. On Engineer I’m fairly lost as to what I’d like, but I love engineer tradeskills/classes on other games. I will make one for sure if they add in a mech suit as a general skill vs the Asura racial.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I was wondering why people might hate their class, and someone in another forum said something that would most likely be the answer. They said there were two reasons for hating your class.

1. You’ve never played mmorpgs before so you do not know that you need to gravitate toward a certain build if you want to play that way.

2. Players do not know how to explore their class themselves. Instead, they research other builds, and if that build is advertised as “the best build for X class currently”, yet the player sucks with that build, they automatically assume it’s their class that sucks, and not the build.

Recently, I found myself bored with the amount of damage my Elementalist was putting out in PvE. I tried might, condition damage, and finally precision. By doing this, I was able to see that my damage was lowered considerably when I used condition damage, and when I used might, it stayed mediocre. Yet when I tried precision, my critical hit chance was raised to about 87%, and now my Power and Precision are nearly equal. Nobody told me I could raise my precision that high and ultimately achieve really amazing dps, I had to explore it myself.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

Its the same for all games every class your not is op and every class you are is up. (Not you as in the op but you as in the idea of talking to a person who hate these class.)

Looks at signature “Main : Jskil (Guardian)”

Just saying.

Anyway got 80 necro, warrior, engineer
Was planning on playing necro (axe) as main but things didnt work since anets take on necro combined with its horrible class mechanic is apparantly impossible to balance and when people told anet that giving burning to the class is a bad thing they do it anyway which resulted in more nerfs.

So i will like my class when i feel its usefull enough that i dont have to bring my warrior.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

i like my thief

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I assure all of you, it is not exaggeration and nitpicking, the professions really do suck.

Doesn’t look like people agree with ya, seeing as how many seem to enjoy their classes. You don’t like ‘em and you always have the right to be wrong, that’s why it’s a free country.

And comparing them to GW1, really? I loved me some Guild Wars 1, but combat was mostly stand and cast – which got boring.

Of course people will disagree with me. And you honestly think you are free? What ignorance, freedom is merely an illusion, this government is corrupt more than ever now, far more corrupt since the Nixon days.

That aside, I played each and every profession for at least a hundred hours both in PvP and PvE with the exception of the ranger. I know full well that they are bland, and tasteless just like your comment. Although if some people are enjoying them then great! I’m happy for them but they could be better…. Much better.

I really do not like being on the forums, it is a negative environment. That is the issue though, this game feels almost exactly like Warhammer online and that game is closing it’s doors in December. I am here because I have a desire to state my opinion about these matters, what am I supposed to do? Sit around mindlessly twiddling my thumbs while this game gets shut down? No. Despite my hate for ArenaNet I also want to see them succeed, sure it may be absolutely glorious now but that bridge is crumbling hard with the Living Story and it has been one year since this game launched and everything feels exactly the same. Condition builds are being ignored, ArenaNet is still throwing darts at the board to determine more useless builds, a lot of weapons need improvement, and above all else, they are pressuring players with time-gated content.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Reading the class forums, it gives the impression that every single class is the worst, most worthless class in the entire game. well, except Warriors and Guardians I guess.

How can so many classes all be the worst at the same time?

You must keep in mind that vast majority of players never make even a single post on the forums. Most people just play the game happily instead of raging on the forums. And even people who complain about various issues with their class of choice still prefer the playstyle of that class to others even if they feel it is underpowered or broken in some way.