Does anyone actually want a Season 3?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

So OP in answer to your question, it seems like a lot of people do want Season 3. Including me.

lol oh vayne, you and your white knighting. Thanks I can read. What I actually here is that people want another season if it includes actual expansion sized content. Whether that be having an expansion introduce the new season, or having the full team at Anet work on the living story since apparently a lot arn’t right now.

Many people however are jaded by the living story just because of the results its given. It hasn’t matched the large content promises its made for 2 years.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

If season 3 is like 1 or 2, then that’d be great. I’m looking for other games to play anyway.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nope. Expansion content please.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yes, I want a season 3, and I want it to go south into the Crystal Desert so we can have Destiny’s Edge back in the saddle and finishing the fight against Kralk.

And if Jennah intervenes again, kill her.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Dainank.1308

Dainank.1308

Yes, I would like season three, but I believe it should be more expansion based (so a new race or class, more equipment or new areas), rather than simply repetetive boring old stories…

Guild: LF Aurora Glade – PvE Guild
YouTube: www.youtube.com/TheAdaptiveGoblins
Buy my Music: https://www.recordunion.com/Profile/76185#.VrGlqPkrKUk

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So OP in answer to your question, it seems like a lot of people do want Season 3. Including me.

lol oh vayne, you and your white knighting. Thanks I can read. What I actually here is that people want another season if it includes actual expansion sized content. Whether that be having an expansion introduce the new season, or having the full team at Anet work on the living story since apparently a lot arn’t right now.

Many people however are jaded by the living story just because of the results its given. It hasn’t matched the large content promises its made for 2 years.

Maybe I wouldn’t have to “white knight” if people asked fair questions instead of leading ones. Did you even look at the title of your post. The assumption when you use the word “even” is that no one wants it.

Some people do want it. Using that kind of negative language makes you the opposite of a white knight and no better.

Everyone wants more content. I want more content too. But I don’t really see what they means people don’t want season three.

Try being more fair minded, instead of being on the attack. Because calling me a white knight means nothing if you’re going to be so negative. You’re just the other side of the same coin.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I don’t see how ANet can’t. Nexon has done pretty well with free updates for their MMOs, as well as a bunch of other developers who’ve done similar updates with their games, there’s no reason ANet can’t either.

I’ve always been against boxed expansion and pro micro transactions. I’ve always seen it as a cash grab for incomplete content. The current Living Story delivery system is fine. They should charge a little more for each chapter imo, but the amount of content is good and the rewards are pretty good too.

Living story and PvE isn’t repeatable end-game. WvW and sPvP is. That’s where the development team (outside of the LS team) should be focusing.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I want season 3.

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I too want Season 3.

Posted by: dovahkiin.8194

dovahkiin.8194

This game needs an expansion or it will be death in a year the magority of the people already thing its death because they never heard of it since release and so they dont buy the game because they think its death. Plus we all know Anet needs money well an expansion would do that for them. And since this game has no real endgame and gear progression we need new content to keep us buzy so unless thats comming soon i’ll probably quit playing this game…

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If the choice would be between S3 and a “proper” paid expansion, I’d probably choose the expansion.

In the perfect world, we would obviously get both.

But probably we’re just going to get S3, with feature patches in between.

And btw, Anet doesn’t need to sell the expansion separately. Just add a new race and/or profession and the money would be flying in from their windows because of additional character slots purchased.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Yeah, I want Season 3 too.

I will log in once every update (like 8 times a year), log out again, and at the end of 2015, I will have enough story and new content to be entertained for a day.

Sound awesome.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Yes I want a season 3.

Posted by: Empanda.4617

Empanda.4617

I don’t know…I kinda do but kinda don’t…I really liked season 1 because you had to constantly be on for several days to get everything you wanted from it and was forced to do it with people. But I like season 2 because you can grind those stories as much as you want for all achievements on your own time. If we could like Smoosh those two together, so we could as a world go and do things with a large group (not just 5 people) but have it like season 2 were it’s always always available and buyable if you weren’t in game when it was released, it’d be great. I don’t want to do living story alone…it doesn’t feel alive…it feels lonely and sad, especially if noone wants to do living story with you because it’s only a few hour content and then your done with it forevers.

Season 3 needs to be like in your FACE, like cool items (not just skins) and maybe we could shove stuff like unlockable race or class into it, so people will be all like OMG IT"S MORE THEN JUST SKINS, WE NEED THIS (insert race or class here)! Or maybe an unlockable weapon for all classes? Like a whole new weapon. it needs to have the reason to play the content besides just knowing the story. I mean I love the story don’t get me wrong. I just…don’t want to be doing the story for achievements and skins, I love skins and achievements but If I’m being forced to play the living story alone (or if I’m ever lucky a party of five of my friends), I want something more then achievements and skins…I want something I can strut around world with to show all my hard work has payed off.

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

I enjoy LS stories, and season 2 is better than 1.
So yes, I want season 3.
Doesn’t matter there will be expansion or not.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

not interested, story is not for MMOs, good gameplay and replayable content is, if we can get these fine

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Will the people claiming that GW2 needs new races to survive please remind me how many player races were in GW1?

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I want Season 3, I also want an expansion.

Call me greedy…

But taking away LW is stupid since its done well more than half the time.
Not to mention that even if an expansion is announced it would be a months if not a year from release, what do you want me to do till then?

So yes please, gimme Season 3.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

People asking for expansions almost always forget that expansion based system means that there will be long periods (up to one year) without any new things. What will they do after the two weeks when the new stuff is done.

Little new things to do every two weeks is so much better than two weeks worth of things once a year.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m just very greedy, I want LS3 AND an Expansion and it may be ingame, but i expect more then SW in 4 updates, I expect (Drytop + SW) *6, maybe even 8 in 1 update, a race, weapons, dungeons, events, hearts, vistas, JPs In effect I expect a 0-15, a 15-25 a 25-40, a 40-50, a 50-65 and a 65-80 and preferable 2 more 80 areas… 1 or 2 lvl 80 dungeons…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I want a season 3. Arenanet had now enough time to design content to be delivered via LW. The projects behind the curtain should be partially ready to ship now.

Posted by: AmFah.4389

AmFah.4389

Yes, I do want a Season 3.

Why?! There is nothing to do in the game besides farming skins!

This game is just horrible now! Why? Because there is not much of a game left here! And LS is not helping.

No it isn’t. Why bother to even post this garbage? Go back to wow.

I feel the same way he does, and you know what? I just purchased a subscription to WoW. Do you know how incredibly satisfying it is going around doing mundane fetch quests than it is to do hearts? The quests given at least have some back story as to why you’re doing it instead of just “kill golems so the Inquest can stop ruining Orr with Skritt technology”

I’ve hit 1,000 dungeons done on my hobby dungoneer. It took me that long to realize that this game was one huge grindfest for skins. Even making legendary weapons, weapons that are supposed to a LEGENDARY feat, can be bought with cash and aren’t anything special but rather a legendary grindfest.

Living Story is a lot of wasted time to stretch bad content. And with this in mind Anet has the guts to charge 200 gems if we’ve missed a part of this bad story.

How is it two years since release and we’re only now getting into the idea of killing another dragon? If they value the gemshop over actual content then why not use their resources to make a full expansion?

I don’t care if it’s season 3 or a new expansion I just want more content, not gemstore items, not achievements. They can even take the easy road and implement hard mode like they did in GW1 to reuse old content, I don’t care, just give me something to do other than dungeons every. single. day.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yes, I do want a Season 3.

Why?! There is nothing to do in the game besides farming skins!

This game is just horrible now! Why? Because there is not much of a game left here! And LS is not helping.

No it isn’t. Why bother to even post this garbage? Go back to wow.

I feel the same way he does, and you know what? I just purchased a subscription to WoW. Do you know how incredibly satisfying it is going around doing mundane fetch quests than it is to do hearts? The quests given at least have some back story as to why you’re doing it instead of just “kill golems so the Inquest can stop ruining Orr with Skritt technology”

I’ve hit 1,000 dungeons done on my hobby dungoneer. It took me that long to realize that this game was one huge grindfest for skins. Even making legendary weapons, weapons that are supposed to a LEGENDARY feat, can be bought with cash and aren’t anything special but rather a legendary grindfest.

Living Story is a lot of wasted time to stretch bad content. And with this in mind Anet has the guts to charge 200 gems if we’ve missed a part of this bad story.

How is it two years since release and we’re only now getting into the idea of killing another dragon? If they value the gemshop over actual content then why not use their resources to make a full expansion?

I don’t care if it’s season 3 or a new expansion I just want more content, not gemstore items, not achievements. They can even take the easy road and implement hard mode like they did in GW1 to reuse old content, I don’t care, just give me something to do other than dungeons every. single. day.

There is a backstory and reason for all the heart quests, too. You can find it out by talking to the Heart Quest NPC. You can of course choose not to, just like you can choose not to read the quest text in WoW.

I get it that you want more PvE content, but what are you going to do when you’ve played through all the content in WoW? Granted, if this is your first time playing WoW it’s going to take a while, but eventually you’re going to run out and all you have left is… wait for it. Dungeons (and Raids)! Over and over again to grind for more equipment!

Arguably WoW might have a bit more content per year coming out, since their team is just massive. Whether or not the content is really good is another thing. I also liked WoW in my time, loved it even. I just think the game’s mechanics and graphics are horribly dated and the subscription on a 10 year old game is a joke. It’s not that I couldn’t afford it. I just don’t like the idea that I’m paying for just being able to log into the game (whether or not I actually do).

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I want a season 3 … however one that is more like season 1 with some big open world events instead of those single player instances.

Of course they should also then add some new zones maybe where these events take place.

However, as much as many people seem to hate the temporary stuff from season 1,
that for me was the “living” part of the story. At the moment there is not really much
“living” in LS2, beside maybe some tendrils that appear / disappear now and then.

Aaaand … i want that old 2 week scedule .. and not only 4 new updates every 6 months, that was maybe another reason that i liked LS1 much more.
All in all i personally spent maybe 5-10x more time with LS1 than with LS2.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes, I want season 3 (and 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 and so on).
I like the living story system.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Dear lord STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT GRIND for skins, its what the game is, so what? That will never change, do you expect endless gear progression AND then complain about balance in WvW the next day?

God the hypocrisy is too much.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Beldin.5498

Endgame = grind

I really wonder why it is so hard to get that. In the end its just that people are different
and some prefer different styles of grind and that the kind of grind you like more
doesn’t seem to be a grind maybe.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I dont’ think any one mind more “instanced personal story”.

The question is where is the other stuff.

The only thing Anet pushed out recently is more instanced personal story. People just want a bit more diversity.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I dont mind the Living Story and enjoyed it. But i enjoyed the feature and balance patches more.

So i would like to have 3 or 4 feature patches per year and maybe only 1 LS season.

No boxed expansion please.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Beldin.5498

I dont’ think any one mind more “instanced personal story”.

When they announced “repeatable stuff” for LS2 i already feared that in the end
that could only mean instanced stuff.

My best hopes were something more like temporary stuff in new zones ..
for example instead of destruction of lions arch we get a new zone where we have
another city under siege and we must free that city, and after a while the zone
will change to a “normal” zone.

However .. that means in the end again temporary content that can’t be replayed.
But personally i have even no interest to play any of these instances more than once
and i have so far not even gotten 1 achievement from them.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

No not really. I’d rather fork out 40 or 50 bucks for real content.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Nope and while I think expansion might help them in this regard, I think there’s far more they need to fix in order to actually get this game out of the trenches it’s remained in for the past year now rather than make an expansion for expansions sake. Perhaps and infusion of expansion money will put them back on track on fixing all of the problems that have plagued this title since launch, that they simply can’t take the time to fix while they try to promote it as a serious E-sport contender or try to add raiding so that the 1% can remain happy.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I still think the Living Story is capable of delivering all of the things the OP mentioned. What I do not think, however, is that the current Living Story structure has been released frequently enough or in large enough patches. The way the Living Story is constructed can very easily deliver all of that, as we’ve seen it’s already delivered new maps.

But it’s going to be so kittening far down the line to get new races, skills or classes…that it all seems trivial. We have to wait until it can be released in-line with the story. It would be such a kitten move to just “OH A NEW PROFESSION” all of the sudden with absolutely no lead up to it. Something like Marjory’s change can be seen as an introduction to a new profession. Yet it’s being rolled out so slowly that it will be nearly 2016 before we even have any reasonable conclusion to that theory. What’s the point of waiting 3-4x as long for content because of the Living Story? The common argument is that people will burn through the content faster than they can develop it anyway, but since the term “replayability” is obviously not associated with that argument we can disregard it as complete horse kitten.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

only things i am interested in seeing is, new weapons, traits , utility skills, elite skills

wvw improvements – castle upgrades and more blueprints

more pvp lvls

maybe a new class ..

stuff like that XD … at this point ill only play PVE if there is a item i really want lol the story does not do much for me anymore

Cuddy.6247

only things i am interested in seeing is, new weapons, traits , utility skills, elite skills

more pvp lvls

maybe a new class ..

stuff like that XD … at this point ill only play PVE if there is a item i really want lol the story does not do much for me anymore

I’m a bit in the opposite boat. The living story is the only thing that keeps me coming back. The other improvements you mentioned are just improvements that would actually rekindle my interest in the core game again and not just a story.

DaShi.1368

Maybe I wouldn’t have to “white knight” if people asked fair questions instead of leading ones. Did you even look at the title of your post. The assumption when you use the word “even” is that no one wants it.

Some people do want it. Using that kind of negative language makes you the opposite of a white knight and no better.

Everyone wants more content. I want more content too. But I don’t really see what they means people don’t want season three.

Try being more fair minded, instead of being on the attack. Because calling me a white knight means nothing if you’re going to be so negative. You’re just the other side of the same coin.

Dude, you’re in no place to criticize. You posted a poll that had an extremely small sample that you personally selected and claimed it made your point. Then when it was shared with more people and overwhelmingly went the other way, you claimed it was invalid. Try being more fair-minded, yourself. You blatantly reinterpreted other people’s posts in this occasion.

I want more content too. But if it is like LS 1 or 2, then it’ll just be another bore. Drop the story. Just give us content.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

more pvp lvls

maybe a new class ..

I’m a bit in the opposite boat. The living story is the only thing that keeps me coming back. The other improvements you mentioned are just improvements that would actually rekindle my interest in the core game again and not just a story.

I think just a bit of diversity. There are all kind of players all like different things.

There are people who like instanced personal story like you. But there are also others which dont’ necessary like it that much.

I’m just asking for a bit diversity to cater to other crowd.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I want Season 3.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

If Vayne’s the white knight, can I be Batman?

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I’m just asking for a bit diversity to cater to other crowd.

You mean like new maps with large-scale co-operation based events?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Looking forward to a season 3 as long as they keep expanding it. This last season has been a massive increase. As long as they keep improving it. Ill keep waiting for the next update.

Ghost Yak

Vayne.8563

Dude, you’re in no place to criticize. You posted a poll that had an extremely small sample that you personally selected and claimed it made your point. Then when it was shared with more people and overwhelmingly went the other way, you claimed it was invalid. Try being more fair-minded, yourself. You blatantly reinterpreted other people’s posts in this occasion.

I want more content too. But if it is like LS 1 or 2, then it’ll just be another bore. Drop the story. Just give us content.

Actually I have every right to criticize. People on these forums use language to try to discredit and SHOULD be called on it. It really should be against forum rules.

The fact that you’re one of those people means that anything you say on this topic should be taken with a very large grain of salt.

You’re too partisan to comment.

DaShi.1368

Everyone has a right to comment. However, you shouldn’t criticize others for their bias, when you are being just as biased yourself.

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

Season 3 would be ok with much more regular updates and content. If it’s like the current one, this game will die from lack of content.

Vayne.8563

Everyone has a right to comment. However, you shouldn’t criticize others for their bias, when you are being just as biased yourself.

If everyone has a right to comment, and I’m someone then I have a right to comment. If you have a problem with my posts feel free to contact a moderator. I won’t be responding to any further posts from you, for obvious reasons.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Season 3 would be ok with much more regular updates and content. If it’s like the current one, this game will die from lack of content.

The current one brought 2 new maps, new types of enemies, 2 new armor sets, 2 types of currencies, the Skritt holes to move around the map, and other stuff. Free. How is this lack of content???? Just stop.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

A post full of negative opinions…

“The opinions expressed in this thread are those of the vocal minority.”

A post full of positive opinions…

“See, everyone likes it!”

Vayne.8563

A post full of positive opinions…

“See, everyone likes it!”

If you look at the phrasing of the OP, it’s an assumption of negativity. I don’t know (nor does anyone) who has a majority. I’ve said this many, many times.

I do not believe that a majority of people would rather have the LS than an expansion….but I just don’t know.

However, that has nothing to do with how the OP phrased his attack, and make no mistake, it was an attack.

It’s so easy to ask “Do people actually want a third season” as opposed to Does anyone “really” want it. There’s obvious bias in the OP and I commented on it.

I’m not sure why that’s worthy of comment. Of course, when I comment on anything that’s overtly negative, the entire band wagon of people who don’t like the game for one reason or another have to comment on it.

What I said was completely true, and not unreasonable. The fact that you feel you have to comment on it shows your own bias.

Plenty of people seem to want Season 3. I never claimed they were a majority.

Edit: I almost never use the word vocal minority. I’d be very surprised if you could find a time when I did use it. Maybe you have me confused with someone else.

Beldin.5498

Only 1% of the players post in the forums, so in the end everything posted here is the opinion of a minority.

Source ( in german ) :
https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mehr-Transparenz-beim-Runden-Tisch/416077

Cuddy.6247

Only 1% of the players post in the forums, so in the end everything posted here is the opinion of a minority.

Source ( in german ) :
https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mehr-Transparenz-beim-Runden-Tisch/416077

He also mentions a round table to the statistics, where views are often parallel to guildmates even if not all of them participate in the forum. The post is in better defense of in-game surveys rather than anything indicative of majority/minority opinion.

But, you know, way to be disingenuous with your presentation.