Dragon's Gaze achievement mistake

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

This achievement is not RNG.

I never said it was RNG, I simply proposed that wanting other people to not have achievements is the same as wanting other people not to have cool items, and such a thing is definitely not nice. If you derive your fun from other people not getting their way, then your opinion should be summarily disregarded with impunity.

I simply mentioned RNG tangentially since that’s the most common way developers implement rarity into the game, in spite of the masses screaming at them about how much we dislike such a system, and relates closely to the issue of excessive grind, which is the other most common alternative.

This achievement seems to be the worst of both though. Skill interrupting with kicks is random as hell, the achievement requires an incredible time investment, and on top of that, the reward is just horrible and no one can really be happy about it.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I’m surprised so many people uproar against this.

I would like to point out that it was the same with Wintersday Snowball Mayhem and Halloween Lunatic Inquisition, only then it was called “infinite achievments” and not bunched together in 1. Not many seemed to care back then, I guess it’s the wording?

150 Mayhems were unreal,
so was 80 Inquises,
so is 100 interrupts – or maybe it’s not, but seeing as we have gotten no info on how long the event lasts for some odd reason, and the sane assumption is 2 weeks, it seems so.

They were not that unreal. Wintersday lasted a long time, so there was time to do them if you forfeited other stuff.

But here’s the thing. They were unconditional. You participated in the match, you get progress. And every 30 matches, you got a loot bag.

With this one, what we get is people ignoring the game just for kicks, and after all that trouble only 3 measly envelopes and 5AP, just so they can avoid the nagging sensation of having unfinished temporary achievements, like a splinter in the back of your brain.

Here temporary being the key word. Either you do them now, or you may never do them. Who knows if next year they’ll have some other activity or bring different achievements?

I guess it depends on what is defined unreal. Because I have no life sadly, I did both Mayhem and Inquis. Inquis in the very last minute before the update, Mayhem 1 day before it ended.

And while true that Mayhem had a long period, there were other much smaller ones to complete too.

But I assure you, those weren’t encouraging people the play the game either (especially inquis), it was: get a point, go AFK.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I never said it was RNG, I simply proposed that wanting other people to not have achievements is the same as wanting other people not to have cool items, and such a thing is definitely not nice. If you derive your fun from other people not getting their way, then your opinion should be summarily disregarded with impunity.

I simply mentioned RNG tangentially since that’s the most common way developers implement rarity into the game, in spite of the masses screaming at them about how much we dislike such a system, and relates closely to the issue of excessive grind, which is the other most common alternative.

This achievement seems to be the worst of both though. Skill interrupting with kicks is random as hell, the achievement requires an incredible time investment, and on top of that, the reward is just horrible and no one can really be happy about it.

I replied to your post because you made the appearance that it was RNG with how you responded to another poster. I’ve seen others make that exact claim which is why I also made that statement. If you did not intend for your post to say that this was RNG then I was mistaken to direct it at you specifically.

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

Has ANet ever changed the requirements for an achievement before? If not, I can’t see this being the time they decide to change their minds.

First Wintersday they changed Toypocalypse from 5 Dolyaks to 1.
And Triple Trouble from 25 kegs to 5. Also 2 of the WvW achievements were changed.

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I agree, 100 is far too many for a temporary activity and is unrealistic given the spawn rate and the difficulty.

It’s not like you have to do it. And since when are achievements supposed to be things that can be done by everybody?

I haven’t attempted it yet, or even played the mini-game for that matter, but in my opinion, if it’s that hard, screw it. Not worth the time. You’ll live without the AP. Move on with life. Etc.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Achievements are meant to be objectives to complete.

And they are meant to be fun, because this is a game, and games are meant to be fun.

When all a most players can think while attempting an achievement is “No way I can do this before the time runs out”, and all it causes it’s frustration, and the achievement may never come back. And it makes people do things that also ruin th game for others, the achievement is not only not fun, but also disruptive, and should be changed.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

My 2 cents
What anet say : “no grind”
What anet do : “more grind”

Guild Wars is a really great game, but saying that it has no grind is just…laughable. There are grinds in this game that would make a medieval grain mill jealous.

Mini game like dragonball is not gw² for me, the problem is anet say a lot of things but they made the opposite.
Back to the op, ask arround, lot (but not all) have trouble to do it. Add hard content is way ok for me, but recycle ridiculous mini activity and encourage ppl to play it that way is just … sad …

Keneth.6490

It’s not like you have to do it.

This right here will automatically devalue your argument regardless of what else you have to say and how reasonable it is. We don’t have to play the game at all, but we do it because we want to, and we should be able to have fun doing it. If it’s not fun, or worse—if it’s counter productive (since the best way to get it is to not do what you’re supposed to be doing), it should be changed.

“You don’t have to do it,” is not an argument.

Posted by: pavo.4371

pavo.4371

do you think that if we bump this to le frontpage, someone will actually see it and change like 1 number in the code for 1 second and make everyone happy?

Ayrilana.1396

It’s not like you have to do it.

This right here will automatically devalue your argument regardless of what else you have to say and how reasonable it is. We don’t have to play the game at all, but we do it because we want to, and we should be able to have fun doing it. If it’s not fun, or worse—if it’s counter productive (since the best way to get it is to not do what you’re supposed to be doing), it should be changed.

“You don’t have to do it,” is not an argument.

Saying that “well the game is optional” or anything along those lines is not a valid counter argument.

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Is ArenaNet planning to do anything at all about this achievement?

Posted by: Ztepam.9327

Ztepam.9327

Well in 3 days, after about 5 hrs of dragon ball, I have 35/100.
I see a lot of people saying " It’s just 5 AP, doesn’t worth it, you can skip it", well, yes, but there are many achievements like this, and all together is a lot of AP, I am an AP collector (25.250 AP atm) and I want to take everything that come in the game, but seriously, this kind of achievement are not rewarding as fun.
It is rewarding to take all the achievements from Tequatl or 3 headed Wurm or Queen’s Gauntlet bosses and from living story, but doing the same thing over and over again it’s not fun, it’s really the opposite you get sick of that activity (whichever it is) and after that you never come back to do it.
Another suggestion is to not put AP reward from repeatable thing (like it was on wintersday or halloween)

(edited by Ztepam.9327)

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

I just finished the achievement by playing normally. I wasn’t specifically farming it but I was actively trying to win (and I was almost always top score). I don’t know exactly how many games I’ve played but I can make a fairly accurate estimate.

Dragon Ball Champion shows I’ve won 127 games total and my win ratio is close to 75%. Therefor I’d say it took somewhere between 150 and 175 games total to earn it.

Every other achievement I finished within less than 10 games so this one was very out of line in comparison.

(edited by Vincent.7452)

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I was really hoping that last patch would change it.
All your achieves make me so sick of minigames and hate them, please there’s still time to change! The achievement is disruptive and very unfun!

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

[…]

It may not be “RNG”, but it is completely random.
You cannot predict if it’ll interrupt. I’ve tested it with some guy late at night.
We were alone in the arena, so we could test if we could interrupt each other every time.

There was no freaking way. The same timing with the same skills would get us both different random results all the time.

I can consistently interrupt with most skills in the game like shield bash, kick, diversion, gale and comet.

But there’s no freaking way to hit every time with the kitten Dragon Kick. It just doesn’t work as it seems it would. Whatever it’s actually doing, the results are random.

You can. If they’re constantly spamming the #1 attack then it can be interrupted with almost every attempt. I’ve normally had the greatest success when they’re on a ledge firing down and don’t see me. Reduces the odds of them moving or throwing a dodge between attacks.

Wrong.

Even if they are auto attacking # 1, your dragons gaze still has a chance to miss due to aftercast.

In live play this amounts to a crapshoot.

And why is there an achievement that is only possible if other players are bad?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Ayrilana.1396

[…]

It may not be “RNG”, but it is completely random.
You cannot predict if it’ll interrupt. I’ve tested it with some guy late at night.
We were alone in the arena, so we could test if we could interrupt each other every time.

There was no freaking way. The same timing with the same skills would get us both different random results all the time.

I can consistently interrupt with most skills in the game like shield bash, kick, diversion, gale and comet.

But there’s no freaking way to hit every time with the kitten Dragon Kick. It just doesn’t work as it seems it would. Whatever it’s actually doing, the results are random.

You can. If they’re constantly spamming the #1 attack then it can be interrupted with almost every attempt. I’ve normally had the greatest success when they’re on a ledge firing down and don’t see me. Reduces the odds of them moving or throwing a dodge between attacks.

Wrong.

Even if they are auto attacking # 1, your dragons gaze still has a chance to miss due to aftercast.

In live play this amounts to a crapshoot.

And why is there an achievement that is only possible if other players are bad?

Well considering I can do it consistently in the scenario that I mentioned, I’d say yes. Unless aftercast delay is applied randomly you saying I’m wrong is incorrect. If there’s an aftercast delay, it’s just factored in regarding when you should activate the kick skill.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Srsly, whats even the point of dragon ball at all as it is?

Atm a game looks like this:
1. Game starts 5v5 (if you are very very lucky without any afkers)
2. First team gets to 100 pts
2. Other team looses players until you have to volunteer
3. Other team’s players either quit or afk – because whats the point leaving spawn just to get zerged by other team
4. Game over.

Ive been trying to get the interrupt done… but at least 50% of the time, skill just wont hit anyway due to latency. Another 30% it LOOKS like Ive interrupted, when in reality, thanks to latency, cast was long done on server. With the other 20% Ive managed to get around 20 interrupts so far.

Has it been fun? About as much fun as running naked through poison ivy.
Is it grind? Hell yes. What a dumb question.

MithranArkanere.8957

It doesn’t help that the skills lie.

1. Has a massive, and I mean MASSIVE aftercast delay. Press #1 twice, and you will take almost 2 seconds to be able to use a third skill, as none of the other skills will override the queue, and so you’ll have to wait for two #1s and their aftercasts.
  2. takes 1 second to activate like Fireball. The description says 1/2, but that’s a 1 second activation bar if I’ve ever seen one. Funny enough, you can only interrupt it during a window that is less than 1/2.
  3. Seems to be the only one working properly. Works as good as any ranger trap. No aftercasts, no shenanigans, what you see is what you get.
  4. Looks like it’ll work like a warrior’s Shield Bah, but it will jump, then attempt a hit half a year after the jump. If the enemy just takes a single step from the spot they were at the start of the activation, that’ll be enough to make the skill hit the air and fail. As it won’t override the queue, if you had pressed any other skill, it won’t be canceled, so on top of taking ages to hit after the jump, it may also take eons to start if other skills were queued.
  5. Shows the swirling wind way before the reflect effect starts. Making it look like you are safe hen you are not. The character will jump when activating this skill, making it seem like you have to hit them during the jump to interrupt, but that won’t interrupt it. I tried interrupting at any stages of this animation, and before and after the animation. And nothing ever interrupted this.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

this achievements needs to get deleted… i get only in games where people camp the #4 buff and itdestroy the whole gamemode cuz it leads to massive zerg camping..

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I should do a thread on activities, done better, or done right.

As for now:

The AFK / leave game if loss problem would be solved by simply adding the following:
- Winning team gets 2 small lucky envelopes
- Losing theam gets 1 small lucky envelope

Cause as of now, if you have done the 2 daily games, there is no incentive to play if you are going to lose.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I have to agree that this is one of the most annoying achievements I’ve ever done. There are so many things that need to go right for it to trigger:

1. You need to have the skill, first of all. That means waiting and hoping you’ll be lucky enough to get the powerup spawn and no other player grabs it. You can’t just sit around and wait at the spawn either because the enemy team will come by and mob you, or your team gets angry at you not contributing.

2. Once you have the skill, you need to find an enemy player who is sitting relatively still. Dragon Kick has a pretty short range and it’s guaranteed to fail if you try using it on a moving enemy unless they’re running towards you.

3. You then need to time the skill so it hits the enemy while they’re in the middle of a casting animation. It’s not that hard if your opponent is just sitting still spamming 1 at you, but the initial rush of newbies is over and most of your enemies now are veterans who are also farming achievements. It’s extremely difficult to land the kick on someone who is circling around you.

3.5. This is made much worse if you have bad lag like I do, coming from Australia. You need to try and compensate for your ping, which means firing the skill off early and thus increasing the risk that your enemy is too far away or they’re not at the proper stage of their attack animation.

4. If you fail/miss, you now have a 14 second wait until you can use Dragon Kick again, during which time it’s almost certain you’ll die because you’ve been fiddling around trying to ensure it gets an interrupt instead of fighting to your full potential. Once you die, you lose the skill, and you have to start all over again.

I’ve played Dragon Ball for maybe about 5 or 6 hours in total now, and I only have 20 interrupts. The thought of getting 80 more makes me cringe. This was NOT one of ANet’s better achievements.

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

This whole game is one big farce… since there is so many games open once a team has a 60-80point lead peopel start leaving and the whole game is kittened over…

Reaper – Anguîsh

Yasi.9065

25 interrupts or 100 dazes

Would still be annoying enough to get it, but not so off-putting as it is atm.

Or just change it completely to: 1000 assisted kills. Id love that achievement. It would fit right in with gameplay, making it fun to trying to get that.

Posted by: rotsono.9176

rotsono.9176

100 is way too much.
im at 25 and allrdy super annoyed and frustrated.
i played like 100+ games. ._.

pavo.4371

yes please fix it.. or at least say that you wont fix it.. now, i have hope that they will nerf it, but maybe they are just ignoring the problem… we need to rabble more then! #occupydragonsgaze2015 (i tried to goto twitter , but didnt see anyone raging too much.. are they modding that or what?) .. anyway… im at 50%, spent countless hours on it, ragequit countless times.. and i say.. the sooner they nerf it , the better…

Yasi.9065

Anet cant even be bothered to fix meta events like Ogre Wars… you really think they are gonna bother with mini-event achievements? ^^

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

i wish to be wrong, but i’m sorry for you guys, they won’t fix anything imo
So try take it relaxed (if you can) and enjoy the lag …

Posted by: Elfo Bianco.3786

Elfo Bianco.3786

I’m with you guys, actually I’m at 37/100, but this achievement is really boring. You must spend lot of time and you get nothing, no points, no items, no money, totally nothing and this achievement is really hard. I think that some changes would be really necessary. Maybe a fast respawn of the skill itself would change a lot the difficulty of this achievement.

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

I’ve already got 35/100 in a little under 70 games played. I think it’s nice that there are achievements that other people can’t complete.

So basically, over the next 2 weeks, players are supposed to put in 20 hours in Dragon Ball to get this? Or, want to play Dragon Ball for about 1.5 hrs per day, even? Considering how nausea and rage inducing Dragon Ball can be, I think that’s a bit much to ask for 5 AP.

It’s a skill-based achievement. Those that can properly time their usage of the skill will complete the achievement quicker than those that use it on players without much thought. The achievement isn’t required and there’s no meta achievement for this update.

Balderdash

There is no expert timing involved. The kick takes longer to cast than the basic auto attack so getting an interrupt to land is a total crapshoot. You can be in the right spot and hit kick at the right time, but if the enemy stops firing or moves, you go on 15 seconds timer.

Then there are Z axis issues with the kick not hitting if there is any kind of elevation difference.

A lot of us are complaining because we know some achiever types will game this one like keg brawl with their buddies even while it is out of reach for normal players. Already I’ve run into the guy who is using his Afk second account to make sure that his main character not only wins every time but also auto balances to the winning team.

This isn’t about designed grind. The health achieve is intuitive even if it is grindy.

Reward skill not cheating

Because you are unable to see and perform the proper timing doesn’t mean that it’s impossible.

Its ridiculously hard, and if you were to actually focus on it, with the 15s cd, on top of it being able to be dodged, 100 is way too much. Then if you die, you have to go find it again, and do it without dying. GL bahaha

Just because it’s not impossible doesn’t mean that its not ridiculously stupid either.

Ayrilana.1396

I’ve already got 35/100 in a little under 70 games played. I think it’s nice that there are achievements that other people can’t complete.

So basically, over the next 2 weeks, players are supposed to put in 20 hours in Dragon Ball to get this? Or, want to play Dragon Ball for about 1.5 hrs per day, even? Considering how nausea and rage inducing Dragon Ball can be, I think that’s a bit much to ask for 5 AP.

It’s a skill-based achievement. Those that can properly time their usage of the skill will complete the achievement quicker than those that use it on players without much thought. The achievement isn’t required and there’s no meta achievement for this update.

Balderdash

There is no expert timing involved. The kick takes longer to cast than the basic auto attack so getting an interrupt to land is a total crapshoot. You can be in the right spot and hit kick at the right time, but if the enemy stops firing or moves, you go on 15 seconds timer.

Then there are Z axis issues with the kick not hitting if there is any kind of elevation difference.

A lot of us are complaining because we know some achiever types will game this one like keg brawl with their buddies even while it is out of reach for normal players. Already I’ve run into the guy who is using his Afk second account to make sure that his main character not only wins every time but also auto balances to the winning team.

This isn’t about designed grind. The health achieve is intuitive even if it is grindy.

Reward skill not cheating

Because you are unable to see and perform the proper timing doesn’t mean that it’s impossible.

Its ridiculously hard, and if you were to actually focus on it, with the 15s cd, on top of it being able to be dodged, 100 is way too much. Then if you die, you have to go find it again, and do it without dying. GL bahaha

Just because it’s not impossible doesn’t mean that its not ridiculously stupid either.

I haven’t had much issue. I got 10 the first night without focusing in it while doing the others, 40 the next night over a few hours, and 19 last night in a couple hours. It’s all about timing and predicting what your opponents attack pattern will be. It’ll obviously be easier to pull off on someone that spams auto attack compared to one that constantly changes their attack pattern while throwing in random dodges.

I was never arguing that it wasn’t a dumb achievement. I’ve felt that way about all of the grindy ones. Based on my experience with this one, I’ve seen much worse.

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

The point of the argument here is not the difficulty of the achievement itself; It is these types of achievements offset the gameplay in groups wherein people would “achievement-grind” as opposed to just playing the mode as it’s supposed to. Poor design judgement.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

I honestly think it’s just something you’re supposed to work towards like some other achievements that take a long time (Costume Brawl 500 x king). It’s listed under a new category called Seasonal Activities.

I haven’t seen anyone able to refute this argument for why it seems so grindy or what-not. Yes you can manipulate play in order to rush getting the achievement faster but honestly if all of the DB games I’ve played I have never ran into someone trying to game the system.

I’m open to Anet changing this achievement, but we should try to understand why it is this way at the same time. For instance, if they were to change this then shouldn’t we also change other achievements like Costume Brawl one?? (sorry it’s just the one I can remember the easiest)

EDIT: By it being a Seasonal Activity I meant that it is probably something that will come around to be playable again. So don’t be too harsh if you miss the chance this time.

BTW personal update, I’m at like 25/100 now, up from 17/100.

Ayrilana.1396

They’ve had at least one grindy achievement to keep people playing the activities. Normally it’s the completionists and AP hunters that keep playing.

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I never got the impression that everyone was supposed to do every achievement. Some achievements take more effort than others. This is one of them.

There’s no meta. There’s no requirement for you to finish the achievement. It’s only 5 points.

Let it go.

MithranArkanere.8957

This is a temporary one.

With fixed ones you can choose. Do it now, maybe do it later, or not.

With seasonal ones they’ll come back next year, but for now only the Gauntlet ones seem to be like that. Even Wintersday had temporary ones you can not repeat, only get again different ones with the same name.

During a festival people should just have fun, not worry if they may be losing a bit of the AP they need to get that piece of hellfire armor.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Yasi.9065

Im not really angry about that achievement being difficult or grindy. Im angry about it going totally against gameplay and resulting in people camping spot or whole groups destroying games to get that achievement.

Why couldnt it have been 1k assisted kills (or even more)? Its STILL grindy and will take a while, but without it going against gameplay (as you are supposed to kill stuff, right? as in opposed to just interrupt stuff and camping one spawn point).
Or maybe 1k killshots (last hit).

Also daily achievements ensure people playing that minigame, because in the long run, those 5 wins are three times as much worth ap-wise.

Really, achievements shouldnt dictate gameplay, and thats exactly what this achievement atm does in 50% of the games I join. The other 50% are about daily 5 wins. It is getting really annoying.

Dragon ball is a nice minigame for adrenaline junkies like me because its so fast paced. And I really was quite happy about seeing it coming back and me having finally good latency. But it gets totally ruined by those two achievements:
- 5 wins daily and
- 100 interrupts.

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I really like the 5 daily wins (at least so far… maybe I’ll get tired of it later). The interrupts are a bit much, but since ANet hasn’t changed it, I imagine they meant for it to be this way. So, it’s just a time-consuming achievement.

pavo.4371

Im not really angry about that achievement being difficult or grindy. Im angry about it going totally against gameplay and resulting in people camping spot or whole groups destroying games to get that achievement.

Why couldnt it have been 1k assisted kills (or even more)? Its STILL grindy and will take a while, but without it going against gameplay (as you are supposed to kill stuff, right? as in opposed to just interrupt stuff and camping one spawn point).

wow, seriously? 1 k killshots? just try to count that.. if there are 5 players, and each kill gives 20 points, and we give all players an equal amount of kills during the game (500).. that means you would get 5 kills per game…i think even the kick achievement is less grindy…

Ayrilana.1396

wow, seriously? 1 k killshots? just try to count that.. if there are 5 players, and each kill gives 20 points, and we give all players an equal amount of kills during the game (500).. that means you would get 5 kills per game…i think even the kick achievement is less grindy…

Better off just having it be straight kills. Getting 1K kills would maybe six hours or so but at least you’re doing something that benefits your team.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

It all depends on how these achievements are going to be handled in the future.

Dragon Ball achievements are listed under a new section called “Seasonal Activities”, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they are meant to remain there and save your progression for the next time Dragon Ball is available.
If that’s the case, 100 interrupts seem a fair amount to me. The problem would be about all the other achievements, which seem incredibly lackluster even for a hit-or-miss scenario (adding more tiers in the future shouldn’t be a big problem tough)

If these AP are hit-or-miss for 15/30 days, then the achievements is probably too grindy, just like Inquisiton and Mayhem were (After this “Seasonal Activities” tab I have some hope, however, for Hallowen/Wintersday activites to get listed under it and become lifetime achievements :P).

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

who the kitten thought 100 interrupts in a buggy and laggy temporary game was a good idea o_o

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Just don’t do it!!!
I have 25k+ ap and im not gonna bother with the 100 interrupts, too much trouble for 5ap.
I am getting sick already just to pick up the 8888 hp lol

[DIE] Death is Energy

Yasi.9065

Its really funny how Ive been playing the same amount of games each day, pretty much the same way (not actively hunting interrupt achievement, but still trying to get as many as possible) and…
my EU account has about 30 times as much interrupts as my US account….

I dont even want to know how oceanic players are gonna feel about that. Its like telling them "oh, hm… we forgot about you guys… again… "

@ Ze Dos Cavalos
But its starting to affect dragon ball games in general, with teammates that just camp that one spot getting farmed there over and over and over and over again, just to maybe grab ONE interrupt.

Just as the 5 win daily achievement results in game hopping. Achievements shouldnt have that big of a negative influence on a minigame

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Im playing from Australia and the lag is too much to do the interrupt ap, when I finally do the skill the enemy is already far away xD

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

This is a temporary one.

With fixed ones you can choose. Do it now, maybe do it later, or not.

With seasonal ones they’ll come back next year, but for now only the Gauntlet ones seem to be like that. Even Wintersday had temporary ones you can not repeat, only get again different ones with the same name.

During a festival people should just have fun, not worry if they may be losing a bit of the AP they need to get that piece of hellfire armor.

Wintersday changes are odd to use as an example because they actually had a slightly different theme (even a diff name Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx vs A Very Merry Wintersday) between first and 2nd release.

We have to remember that Anet is very iterative, and they refine things that aren’t working out. Since the Seasonal Activities are new, we can only deduce that these achievements will be available next time the activity becomes available. But also we cannot deduce that for sure because this is their first iteration of that Seasonal Activities tab.

It’s up to you as a player to decide whether to be safe and go for the achievement now or take a more relaxed approach and wait and see what happens. If anything, it is just a loss of 5 ap and in the grand scheme of things, will not mean much as they continue releasing more less grindy achievements in comparison in future content.

It’s their first time doing a New Year event, but something tells me this will become a yearly release just like Halloween and Wintersday.

Posted by: Nathan Dragonslayer.4089

Nathan Dragonslayer.4089

Even though i think it was too much i finally finished it so it can be done.

pavo.4371

yea.. i finished it too.. this abominable excuse for an achievement.. put on some discussion video on youtube to keep my attention and proceeded to brainlessly kick random people…

10 hours later, the agony was over, and i can finally continue to play the game normally

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s fairly undoable for OCX players. I basically kick when they are in range but by the time the skill responds they’re out of range usually unless they’re really bad.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Keneth.6490

Saying that “well the game is optional” or anything along those lines is not a valid counter argument.

That was not my counter argument. It was an extension of their own logic to show how pointless saying that is. Everything about the game is optional by the very definition.

Are you even reading posts or just skimming everything to act smug?

Ayrilana.1396

That was not my counter argument. It was an extension of their own logic to show how pointless saying that is. Everything about the game is optional by the very definition.

Are you even reading posts or just skimming everything to act smug?

Read the rest of my post.