Dueling

Dueling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fluffie.1489

Fluffie.1489

Me and my friend went to duel just now and realized we can’t, why not? Not hard to add to the game, would be really nice because the only place you can really duel is in pvp but no one really wants to duel in pvp for you don’t have your pve gear.

Just think it would be a nice thing to add to the game.

Dueling

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

In PvP max gear is free, so are runes and sigils. Everyone is equal in terms of gear, so it’s just the skills of the players that are important. It’s the best place to duel with someone IMO.

If duels would be introduced in PvE, then the person with full ascended gear would have the advantage over the person with lesser gear even before the duel starts. Not fair.

Besides, in PvE you’re supposed to help out other players and be helped by them in return. Running around and suddenly seeing people fighting one-another kinda ruins this.

Keep it civil. Take it to the arena.

Dueling

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i agree with skyfallsin but ive seen this topic a million times. op should have necod one of those thread instead of making his own

Dueling

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

i agree with skyfallsin but ive seen this topic a million times. op should have necod one of those thread instead of making his own

I think it’s just habit from spamming the duel option in those other games and not getting the desired response from people who aren’t interested in duelling.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Dueling

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

you three.. have you seriously never wanted to fight your friends on these sweet vistas or on top of a mountain and play KING OF THE MOUNTAIN?!
you’d rather have walls all around you and dirt floor.. That’s fine and all but the more choices the better in my book

Dueling

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

• Not hard to add to the game, *

How do you know?

When you consider that the PvE world is based around cooperative play… and changing a system this massive? Not that hard to do? I’m willing to bet you’re not a programmer, are you?

You can duel right now, however, if you wish… private servers are available for PvP.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Dueling

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I will say the same thing I said before.

The only reason why I would oppose duelling is because then we will never have seperate balance between pvp and pve (like gw1 used to have) I’m still hoping GW2 will have this someday (some skills/traits already have).
But if PvE balance would not be changed for the sake of duelling, I don’t mind.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Dueling

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

We have a volume control for obnoxious sounds [from instruments], we ca also have one to “tag off” from duels, as simple as that. Dont want to duel? Dont do it.

For the rest of the population that do want and rightfully deserve to have fights in pretty places of their convenience with gear/food/stats/observers of their choosing we can give them the option to have duels in peace.

The people that oppose the “duelers defenders” because it bother their gameplay are the epitome of irony since they cant see that they are also using the same argument against themselves by denying other people’s choice of gameplay.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Dueling

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

anet should just add it, it takes 1 day if like 5 people worked on it, but they just don’t care.

Dueling

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Add one more thread on this subject to the long list of threads about this already out there. (I’m a strong advocate for no dueling.)

Forum search is your friend.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Dueling

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Open world PvE dueling, no thanks. Allowing dueling with PvE gear in an arena or other designated area, sure.

The Burninator

Dueling

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Add one more thread on this subject to the long list of threads about this already out there. (I’m a strong advocate for no dueling.)

Forum search is your friend.

Forum search also yields 2 unrelated results for “dueling”.

Dueling

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Dueling

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Yes please. Another feature that would keep a lot of players enjoying GW2 rather than moving onto other games. Adding PvE options to the arena would be a reasonable compromise but would still prefer open world duels.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”