Dueling in gw2! Remember?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Looks like the players who “play how they want”, namely, those running around in yellows with a ridiculously suboptimal build are afraid of a bit of criticism. That’s why they’re so scared of “inspect” and “duel”.

However, to the rest of us who are serious about clearing content, this would be a godsend. No more special snowflakes ruining world boss events and dungeons.

I’m curious, how exactly would you keep people with buils you don’t like suboptimal builds from participating in world boss events?

Call outs. People need to learn that these events require cooperation which means gearing and traiting correctly.

So basically, if Inspect gets implemented, you will tell people in chat how much their build sucks. That’s exactly the reason this game has no Inspect.

Well then. Most servers can keep failing and people can feel free to keep guesting to servers with people who know what their doing in order to down content. I sure hope they don’t limit guesting or take it away!

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

For the umpteenth time, if this is implemented put a toggle for players to disable the option to participate and I won’t care.

Whut?

Who would make a dueling system save that it have an accept and decline option respectively? That would be broken and lazy.

The on/off toggle would be an auto-decline, I don’t want to have to click a decline or accept option when I have and never will have the inclination to duel.

This doesn’t sound like much more than a case of laziness, really. x:

Also I’m pretty sure when it comes to things like trading or group invites or such in other games, after a minute it just auto-fails. In the case of which they can just implement that and be done with it.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

I only have one thing to say about /Duel

/No.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

For the umpteenth time, if this is implemented put a toggle for players to disable the option to participate and I won’t care.

Whut?

Who would make a dueling system save that it have an accept and decline option respectively? That would be broken and lazy.

The on/off toggle would be an auto-decline, I don’t want to have to click a decline or accept option when I have and never will have the inclination to duel.

Also I’m pretty sure when it comes to things like trading or group invites or such in other games, after a minute it just auto-fails. In the case of which they can just implement that and be done with it.

All I can say to this reply is, PFFFFFFT. I don’t want to even see it, PERIOD, that’s not lazy.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Dark Catalyst.1028

Yeah. WoW has duels and it is extremely rare for someone to try and duel me outside of the unofficial dueling areas which are located outside the two major cities. A lot of this “anti duel” whining is really about nothing.

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

How does 2 people duelling get in the way of others? In a jp there is no body block, during a champ fight, if anything, they would help by taking aggro and doing dmg to it, and for events like Jormag I see no way they can get in they way.

If 2 people want to duel that makes them idiots?

How do you think? Take a pick from endless particle spam littering the screen, endless duel request spam (unless Anet actually include an auto-decline option) or the way the game factors all players within the vicinity of a champ boss when scaling the boss, not who’s actually landing hits on them.

Two people wanting to duel doesn’t make them idiots. Two people choosing to duel around jumping puzzles effectively reducing visibility for those of us who want to actually do the JP, Tequatl (and taking valuable slots away from people who actually want to play the event) or Lion’s Arch during big events makes them idiots.

Nothing from what you listed are valid points. First off when 2 people are duelling there is not that much effects like you saying. Auto decline is something that would be added if duelling is implemented without a doubt. Champs do not scale unless they are apart of a DE. You are clearly bias and would rather make up random bad excuses for why duelling shouldnt be added than see the good duelling will do to the game.

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

“Hey friend.

Yes?

Come join me in the empty room #105 so we can screw around and test specs.

Okay Ill brt."

Dueling has always been available in this game.

On your screen hit the tpvp window and join an empty room. Invite your friend to join that room and whala – let the dueling commence.

Try reading the thread before you reply… you might see that this has already been covered, unless you are just selective reading and ignoring the posts.

WE

DO

NOT

WANT IT

IN

AN

ARENA

understand?

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Hey we almost forgot about dueling!
Will this feature ever be implented? Are there any plans for duels ingame now that more than a year has passed?

There is already a system in the game which allows you to duel and duel with your own friends if you desire.

Why make a redundant system?

“Proper” duels that can be started Anywhere in Pve or Wvw without the need to go to the mists where you have completely diff stats then in pve.

Also Anet,Its about kitten time to add trinkets to pvp to add a whole lot more variety in builds then the standard uhhh go tank or zerk.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Whut?

All I can say to this reply is, PFFFFFFT. I don’t want to even see it, PERIOD, that’s not lazy.

Laziness, right.

I ? Karkas.

Im Mudbone.1437

Whut?

Laziness, right.

Are you one of those guys that like to troll and harrass those who decline duel invites? THAT is the MAIN reason why the auto-decline option for me.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Because the player who has the best PvE gear and access to all traits and skills will have an advantage to change tactics against the player who doesn’t.

What. (see sig)

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Whut?

Laziness, right.

Are you one of those guys that like to troll and harrass those who decline duel invites? THAT is the MAIN reason why the auto-decline option for me.

Or you could ignore them? The invites that is?

I mean it’s not hard. Personally I don’t go around hunting for duels. And I don’t see how you can troll someone by just inviting them for a duel when they can pay no attention to it and focus on whatever they’re doing.

This is really an issue of you not being able to deal with it, not the design being bad. That’s it. Fix yourself, don’t complain about a mechanic when you don’t have the patience to deal with it. x:

I ? Karkas.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

The problem with dueling is, it wont be skill based or competitive.
Because the player who has the best PvE gear and access to all traits and skills will have an advantage to change tactics against the player who doesn’t.

Most people I know who take PvP seriously wont duel anyways, unless it’s in the sPvP arena where all players are truly equal in terms of having access to everything they need to strategies against their opponent.

So the issue of gear, traits and masteries is non-existent given they’re not serious, right? Problem?

I ? Karkas.

tomlin.8204

I mean it’s not hard. Personally I don’t go around hunting for duels. And I don’t see how you can troll someone by just inviting them for a duel when they can pay no attention to it and focus on whatever they’re doing.

This is really an issue of you not being able to deal with it, not the design being bad. That’s it. Fix yourself, don’t complain about a mechanic when you don’t have the patience to deal with it. x:

I don’t know why you would even bother posting such things. Some people find it annoying to have flashy things pop up on the screen that don’t interest them, especially if it’s “player xxx wants a fight with you”, something which they were against being included in the game in the first place. It’s not your place to tell people to work on themselves or their personalities, especially when the obvious answer would be to have the option to switch it off completely.

If anyone here needs fixing, it’s you, and the way you think. Really bizarre.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I don’t know why you would even bother posting such things. Some people find it annoying to have flashy things pop up on the screen that don’t interest them, especially if it’s “player xxx wants a fight with you”, something which they were against being included in the game in the first place. It’s not your place to tell people to work on themselves or their personalities, especially when the obvious answer would be to have the option to switch it off completely.

It would be simple if they just allow people to Select/Deselect the option that enables players to invite you yes or no so you cannot ever be spammed if you dont want too.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

In this game you can guest, you have overflows and countless things to do. If someone is really annoying you there are so many ways to get around it, it’s truly ridiculous.

If he can’t be bothered getting around it on his end than it’s really noone’s fault but his in the way he deals with it. And if it’s his issue, he needs to change the way he reacts to it. Not the game needs to change it.

I mean what’s the likelihood of this even happening? I imagine a month after dueling is introduced, only a handful of people would still do it for RP purposes or for fun. And if there’s no Achievements attached to it then I bet only a handful will do it regardless.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Are we really having another dual thread?

Oh well-
put duels in arenas in the cities, make it a spectator sport.

Dueling has no place in open PvE

Please don’t come to me with the ohh you scared and sub optimal gear nonsense or saying people fail events because of gear- people fail events because they run around like chickens and don’t read chat

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If only a handful of people would do it (after a month), why bother spending development time on something that would be so infrequently used?

tomlin.8204

In this game you can guest, you have overflows and countless things to do. If someone is really annoying you there are so many ways to get around it, it’s truly ridiculous.

If he can’t be bothered getting around it on his end than it’s really noone’s fault but his in the way he deals with it. And if it’s his issue, he needs to change the way he reacts to it. Not the game needs to change it.

I mean what’s the likelihood of this even happening? I imagine a month after dueling is introduced, only a handful of people would still do it for RP purposes or for fun. And if there’s no Achievements attached to it then I bet only a handful will do it regardless.

So many holes in this post you may as well be a hippy’s jumper.

You are suggesting that, during say a meeting of a guild at one particular place to start guild missions, if people don’t want to take part in duels while they wait, they should split the crowd up and somehow force an overflow (lol?) to stop it? Or maybe he should use up one of his 2 guest slots to go to another server (while the rest of his guild does the mission on their home server? lol?) what if he’s out of guest slots? And more to the point, why should anyone have to guest or change server or magically force an overflow from nowhere (lol?) just because they don’t want to duel? Would it not make sense (it does, complete sense) to just add the option of checking an auto-decline box when implementing the whole duel feature in the first place?

Am I being trolled? lol.

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

If you legitimately have a problem with flashy spell effects being shown on your screen, you are playing the wrong game. It sounds like you selectively hate flashy spell effects based on the context, with duels being that context.

You know, in game right now, two people may have costume brawled near you and their horrible spell effects would’ve totally show up on your screen. I take it that hasn’t stopped you from playing the game. If it was a big deal, i’m sure you would have mentioned it since it is so closely related to this argument. But i don’t think it’s an issue, outside of your ridiculous hypothetical.

And if they made an auto-decline duel feature you would never have to see duel request pop-ups, like so many other MMOs have managed to do.

Im Mudbone.1437

Whut?

Laziness, right.

Then you haven’t played many games with dueling(IF ANY by the looks of your response). The fix for myself is to turn the CRAP off.

Im Mudbone.1437

Listen buddy(if I may be so bold), I don’t guild-hop or server-hop I consider those two things traitorous so won’t do that when I shouldn’t have to in order to play uninhibited. I think you post just to try and get a rise out of people(insert appropriate word here).

Seven Star Stalker.1740

So many holes in this post you may as well be a hippy’s jumper.

You are suggesting that, during say a meeting of a guild at one particular place to start guild missions, if people don’t want to take part in duels while they wait, they should split the crowd up and somehow force an overflow (lol?) to stop it? Or maybe he should use up one of his 2 guest slots to go to another server (while the rest of his guild does the mission on their home server? lol?) what if he’s out of guest slots? And more to the point, why should anyone have to guest or change server or magically force an overflow from nowhere (lol?) just because they don’t want to duel? Would it not make sense (it does, complete sense) to just add the option of checking an auto-decline box when implementing the whole duel feature in the first place?

Am I being trolled? lol.

If these are members of a guild, why would they be dueling during an event they’re all supposed to be engaged in? I mean sure, if they’re just there to watch, in the case of I can’t imagine why you would care. But if they’re there for a legitimate reason, shouldn’t the guild leader be able to say, “Stop, we’re doing ______ now.” ? I mean surely he can tell the people participating what to do. And surely if you’re all part of a guild, you can discuss who’s dueling, not dueling, tell trolls/duel spammers off or the like?

That example is dubious and laughable at best. And even if it’s just waiting , I mean holy s@!% there’s a whole flipping map for you to be in. You can just way point when things are ready if people are annoying you at the time. They can’t exactly track you if you’re not in their party. It’s not that hard to deal with if you take your own initiative. Heck, you can just stand on the other side of the lake or road or w/e and you should be fine.

You can have the auto-decline feature if you want, sure. But don’t make some sort of requirement. You don’t need that at all. It’s not hard to get around it, good grief.

I ? Karkas.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Whut?

Laziness, right.

Then you haven’t played many games with dueling(IF ANY by the looks of your response). The fix for myself is to turn the CRAP off.

I’ve played plenty of MMOs, which are one of the main games you’d find dueling in. From Aeria P2W junk to Nexon stuff to WoW GW1 and plenty others. I don’t need to list my entire game library for you. The fix for you is to.. Oh I don’t know? Ignore it. I doubt ANet is going to make it Particularily obnoxious when someone asks you to duel them with some ridiculous icon and emote and prevents you from pressing any buttons or the rest. If they do, well that’s another issue all together.

I ? Karkas.

Im Mudbone.1437

Whut?

Laziness, right.

I’ve played plenty of MMOs, which are one of the main games you’d find dueling in. From Aeria P2W junk to Nexon stuff to WoW GW1 and plenty others. I don’t need to list my entire game library for you. The fix for you is to.. Oh I don’t know? Ignore it. I doubt ANet is going to make it Particularily obnoxious when someone asks you to duel them with some ridiculous icon and emote and prevents you from pressing any buttons or the rest. If they do, well that’s another issue all together.

Your point is moot(of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic), but, feel free to continue, everyone here can see what your doing(last bit of food tossed your way by me).

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Listen buddy(if I may be so bold), I don’t guild-hop or server-hop I consider those two things traitorous so won’t do that when I shouldn’t have to in order to play uninhibited. I think you post just to try and get a rise out of people(insert appropriate word here).

You can call me buddy if you wish, in that regard I’m indifferent, though know I won’t return the favor with any particular names.

Now, on the topic. You don’t have to guild hop. No one said you have to leave your guild and if anything, I merit you for sticking to it in that regard. Same with your server. If you don’t want to guest, that’s great. But if you’re limiting yourself over your pride or loyalty or whatever it may be, that’s not ANet stopping you. They haven’t barriered you. You’ve taken that choice to say “My pride and my desire for representing my guild and server overwhelms this, blah blah blah”. And yes, yes it is pride. If it wasn’t pride you wouldn’t consider it traitorous. Who would you betraying? No one, except that sense of pride and loyalty. So yes, it’s from you, not anywhere else.

You’re not being inhibited by the game. You’re inhibiting yourself. Let me ask you this.

Tommorow, ANet announces on the March 18th patch, DUELING HAS ARRIVED TO TYRIA. One of,the main features. There is no auto decline button. There are no meta Achivements or the like associated either, so no one has to duel anyone for any reason other than their own leisure, but as I mentioned, NO AUTO DECLINE.

What are you going to do then?

Edit: I cut out a bunch of stuff just because it felt overall more dramatic than I wanted it to be.

I ? Karkas.

(edited by Seven Star Stalker.1740)

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Whut?

Laziness, right.

Your point is moot(of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic), but, feel free to continue, everyone here can see what your doing(last bit of food tossed your way by me).

Well, here’s a suggestion. Practice your ignoring skills by starting with me, since you probably should start for when and if they release dueling without an Auto-Decline button! You know what they say right? You can never be too prepared, and practice makes perfect.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Well, here’s a suggestion. Practice your ignoring skills by starting with me, since you probably should start for when and if they release dueling without an Auto-Decline button! You know what they say right? You can never be too prepared, and practice makes perfect.

Knowing anet it will be much like the current costume brawl mechanic. i.e. you’d need to make yourself available for duels for them to happen.

I’m not sure I understand why everyone is so kitten about the concept of dueling. Some of you are behaving like they’re implementing open world PvP… like you’re going to get ganked while using the TP.

Scrambles.2604

Knowing anet it will be much like the current costume brawl mechanic. i.e. you’d need to make yourself available for duels for them to happen.

I’m not sure I understand why everyone is so kitten about the concept of dueling. Some of you are behaving like they’re implementing open world PvP… like you’re going to get ganked while using the TP.

i find that, any feature that isn’t already in GW2 that WAS in WoW usually meets opposition. If it was a feature that WoW had that already exists in GW2 then there are no issues. It’s weird, but people actively fear the “WoWification” of the game, while at the same time ignoring all the ideas used in GW2 that were originally polished by WoW.

Make a thread about duels, inspect, improved combat log/parsing, mounts, etc, and people will be up in arms. I don’t play WoW and have no plans on returning, but i can at least acknowledge what an enormous, positive influence it’s had on the MMO landscape.

tomlin.8204

Tommorow, ANet announces on the March 18th patch, DUELING HAS ARRIVED TO TYRIA. One of,the main features. There is no auto decline button. There are no meta Achivements or the like associated either, so no one has to duel anyone for any reason other than their own leisure, but as I mentioned, NO AUTO DECLINE.

Play the game as I normally do, and enjoy the duelling, but maybe enquire about it on the forum why they didn’t implement an auto-decline feature, then wonder why people like you are so against it, when it seemingly doesn’t affect you in any way whatsoever! Feel free to tell us why it does matter to you that one wouldn’t be implemented, though, as it clearly matters a lot.

If you legitimately have a problem with flashy spell effects being shown on your screen, you are playing the wrong game. It sounds like you selectively hate flashy spell effects based on the context, with duels being that context.

No, that’s not true. I find all manners of pop-ups irritating from messenger programs dinging and flashing at me to adverts on web pages. There are ways around these, however, such as ad-blockers, which means I can continue to view the page I am already on with no hassle, rather than force a magical overflow (lol) on the site I am browsing, or going to a different site because of it.

You know, in game right now, two people may have costume brawled near you and their horrible spell effects would’ve totally show up on your screen. I take it that hasn’t stopped you from playing the game. If it was a big deal, i’m sure you would have mentioned it since it is so closely related to this argument. But i don’t think it’s an issue, outside of your ridiculous hypothetical.

Just because something irritates me, doesn’t always mean I don’t want it in the game. The only one being ridiculous here is you and the friend you are white-knighting; implying I don’t like costume brawl because I think it would keep lots of people happy if there was an auto-decline option if duelling was ever introduced. Did I say anywhere that if no auto-decline was introduced I would leave the game? I don’t think I did! So why bring it up? Really your logic is baffling and precarious.

And if they made an auto-decline duel feature you would never have to see duel request pop-ups, like so many other MMOs have managed to do.

Yes, that is exactly the point. Well done!

OK so let me ask this:

What would be the reason for not having an auto-decline feature if duelling was introduced?

Scrambles.2604

@ tomlin

my bad dude, i read your earlier posts and i definitely agree with you. The posts i quoted of yours made it seem like you were against the idea of dueling because you didn’t want to see pop-ups on your screen, which i guess we all agree can be easily avoided with some in game tools and a healthy dose of common sense

If people really wanted to troll with duel requests, they would probably already be doing it with invite requests, which i imagine doesn’t happen very often in game.

(edited by Scrambles.2604)

tomlin.8204

Cool, yeah I am completely for the duels, I’d love it tbh, just trying to make everyone happy at once

Thanks.

Dark Catalyst.1028

i find that, any feature that isn’t already in GW2 that WAS in WoW usually meets opposition. If it was a feature that WoW had that already exists in GW2 then there are no issues. It’s weird, but people actively fear the “WoWification” of the game, while at the same time ignoring all the ideas used in GW2 that were originally polished by WoW.

Make a thread about duels, inspect, improved combat log/parsing, mounts, etc, and people will be up in arms. I don’t play WoW and have no plans on returning, but i can at least acknowledge what an enormous, positive influence it’s had on the MMO landscape.

It goes even beyond that. Some people go as far as ridiculing people who find value in a game like WoW and are willing to pay monthly for it. And if you say that you prefer that game over GW2 then you must be “brainwashed”. It’s really pathetic.

Anyway, I don’t see why people hate duels. Preventing spam is an easy fix, so why don’t you duel haters let people play how they want?

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Anyway, I don’t see why people hate duels. Preventing spam is an easy fix, so why don’t you duel haters let people play how they want?

It would actually remove the dueling elements from WvW, which is good for WvW imho.

So not only does it not bother the PvE’ers among us, and lets us play how we want, it also fixes a small issue in WvW.. where bodies are in the map but not contributing to the world score.

Scrambles.2604

It would actually remove the dueling elements from WvW, which is good for WvW imho.

So not only does it not bother the PvE’ers among us, and lets us play how we want, it also fixes a small issue in WvW.. where bodies are in the map but not contributing to the world score.

i agree completely and think this is a major point the “leave duels in spvp and WvW only” crowd chooses to overlook or doesn’t care to consider.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Those arguing that people who would want an auto-decline toggle if open world dueling is implemented are “lazy”, or telling those people that if they are being harassed by duel spamming griefers that it is their own problem and that it is their responsibility to figure out how to not be griefed, are not doing their position much good.

To be honest the individual making such statements really comes across more as a duel hater who is attempting to torpedo the suggestion by acting in a manner consistent with some of the concerns expressed by those who are doubtful about the suggestion.

I know that I, even though I support open world dueling as an option (but only if an auto-decline option exists as well), have had momentary second thoughts based on some of the comments in this thread.

Scrambles.2604

Those arguing that people who would want an auto-decline toggle if open world dueling is implemented are “lazy”, or telling those people that if they are being harassed by duel spamming griefers that it is their own problem and that it is their responsibility to figure out how to not be griefed, are not doing their position much good.

To be honest the individual making such statements really comes across more as a duel hater who is attempting to torpedo the suggestion by acting in a manner consistent with some of the concerns expressed by those who are doubtful about the suggestion.

I know that I, even though I support open world dueling as an option (but only if an auto-decline option exists as well), have had momentary second thoughts based on some of the comments in this thread.

i agree with this sentiment, and totally agree that an auto-decline duels would fix a lot of hypothetical issues.

But honestly, these issues are just that, hypothetical. The concern that people would exist solely to troll and duel spam is majorly overblown, and i would consider it a non-issue in the grand scheme of things.

There are plenty of successful MMOs that get by fine without a duel request block. Just because there is a potential for abuse doesn’t mean it will be the rule rather than the exception to the rule.

There are many tools in place in the game that could be abused in the same manner, but apparently just because the potential exists doesn’t mean people actually take advantage of it at the intentional expense of others.

That being said, i have no problem with an auto-decline duels option, besides the fear-mongering that have led to that proposed tool in the first place. I think it is a solution for a non-issue.

But just in the same way open world duels wont effect those who choose not to participate, an auto-decline duel feature would not effect me either.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

i agree with this sentiment, and totally agree that an auto-decline duels would fix a lot of hypothetical issues.

But honestly, these issues are just that, hypothetical. The concern that people would exist solely to troll and duel spam is majorly overblown, and i would consider it a non-issue in the grand scheme of things.

There are plenty of successful MMOs that get by fine without a duel request block. Just because there is a potential for abuse doesn’t mean it will be the rule rather than the exception to the rule.

There are many tools in place in the game that could be abused in the same manner, but apparently just because the potential exists doesn’t mean people actually take advantage of it at the intentional expense of others.

That being said, i have no problem with an auto-decline duels option, besides the fear-mongering that have led to that proposed tool in the first place. I think it is a solution for a non-issue.

But just in the same way open world duels wont effect those who choose not to participate, an auto-decline duel feature would not effect me either.

I’m in favor of systems that protect players. While the concerns expressed in duel threads may seem far-fetched, I’ve personally seen the following in other games (and a fix for GW2 is in parentheses:

• Duel request spam (annoying, but fixable if the game has an auto-decline option).
  • “Why you no duel me, bro?” spammed in local chat and/or whispers (fixed via ignore, which the game already has)
  • Players choosing to duel on top of role-players (could be minimized by allowing duels in the persistent world and in arenas in cities; not sure if this is necessary, because players can still use their AoE’s to annoy the RPers. Honestly, I’ve seen this only once in GW2 — but a lot more in another game.

Any feature that can be used to annoy others will be. Denying this is denying the perverse side of human nature. GW2 went to great lengths to minimize player friction in the PvE environment, but we still have champ trainers behaving badly, farmers cursing out people trying to complete events, and people deliberately trolling champ trains, farmers, and group events. This is why it is a good idea to design game features in such a way as to minimize these type of actions.

That said, while “Some players will behave badly!” is a reason to implement features in such a way as to minimize the likelihood of bad behavior, it should not be a reason to deny a feature outright. Do too much of that and there won’t be any game features.

Posted by: Dehvi.1435

Dehvi.1435

Well I think that Dueling in Open World is an absolute MUST HAVE. It would make the game just so much better and I can’t actually understand why some people do not want it. Please A-Net add add add!

The only thing achieved without effort is failure

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Well I think that Dueling in Open World is an absolute MUST HAVE. It would make the game just so much better and I can’t actually understand why some people do not want it. Please A-Net add add add!

People have stated their reasons quite plainly but you have simply chosen to ignore them.

Personally, give me an auto-decline option that’s enabled by default, then I don’t care what you duel-obsessives get up to. Also, a decline-and-block option should put paid to those people who cannot take “no” for an answer.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Play the game as I normally do, and enjoy the duelling, but maybe enquire about it on the forum why they didn’t implement an auto-decline feature, then wonder why people like you are so against it, when it seemingly doesn’t affect you in any way whatsoever! Feel free to tell us why it does matter to you that one wouldn’t be implemented, though, as it clearly matters a lot.

My issue is that people treat it like it’s an absolute requirement, solely because they can’t just ignore it because of their own reasons. It’s not something that needs to be part of the system. If it happens? GOOD FOR YOU. Great. Go pop a bottle of champagne over it, clearly you deserve to celebrate your getting whatever you want. But don’t expect it to happen, and don’t use the reason, “Oh, because I can’t bothered adjusting”. You have so many things in the game you’ve had to adjust to, which you may not like. Why is this such a special situation?

I ? Karkas.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

It goes even beyond that. Some people go as far as ridiculing people who find value in a game like WoW and are willing to pay monthly for it. And if you say that you prefer that game over GW2 then you must be “brainwashed”. It’s really pathetic.

I have to agree with this. I think it’s pretty low that people abuse people who

A) Played wow.
B) Suggest things for GW2 that were good and in WoW (Such as this. Even mounts, while I don’t agree, don’t deserve ridicule by any means).
C) Got bored of GW2 and may have went to WoW.

I mean good grief. It’s another game. Leave them be. What difference does it make to you if you don’t like the game they like to play?

I ? Karkas.

tomlin.8204

My issue is that people treat it like it’s an absolute requirement, solely because they can’t just ignore it because of their own reasons. It’s not something that needs to be part of the system. If it happens? GOOD FOR YOU. Great. Go pop a bottle of champagne over it, clearly you deserve to celebrate your getting whatever you want. But don’t expect it to happen, and don’t use the reason, “Oh, because I can’t bothered adjusting”. You have so many things in the game you’ve had to adjust to, which you may not like. Why is this such a special situation?

It’s not getting what I want, it’s trying to find a middleground so everyone can be happy. I wouldn’t even check the auto-decline box because I would enjoy duelling, but some people don’t, for whatever reasons, whether they are because they simply don’t want to or because it stresses them out it (go ahead and give life advice and condescendingly suggest they seek therapy or change who they are to “improve” their inferior selves to correspond with how you view the world) really doesn’t matter. You’ve yet to give a valid reason why it wouldn’t make sense to include the auto-decline, besides your own intolerance for people with different skills to your own and some bizarre bitterness about others being happy in an online game.

Honestly your sarcasm is tedious at best and if you really, really must argue about such a daft thing then you can do it with someone else, lol.

Does it make someone else happy?

Yes.

Does it affect me in any way?

No.

(edited by tomlin.8204)

Posted by: Merkin.8412

Merkin.8412

+1 for Duels