Ecto Drop Rate

Ecto Drop Rate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lover.8351

lover.8351

You know, once again nerfing the drop rate of ectos from rares while people are distracted with Dragon Bash is incredibly shady.

Personally, I strongly doubt that it was an honest mistake in the code last time, and I doubt that it is again this time, but if it is, please please do the right thing and fix it.

Preferably before people have to raise kitten on the forums about it again.

Edit: 100 rares salvaged over the past few days. 27 ectos. Not just RNG and I’m not the only one saying it. Y’all can put on your tinfoil hats all you want, but we were right last time and we’re right this time too. If it’s a mistake, again, fine, but fix it please.

(edited by lover.8351)

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

What nerf? And if there is, it was only fixed last time based on a wealth of statistical evidence from the community. If you are genuinely spotting an issue, wouldn’t it be easier for them to fix something you can show some evidence for it..?

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

If it wasn’t an error in the code then why would Arenanet come out and investigate it then announce it was a bug causing only 1 ecto at most to come out of rares.

I know there’s no problem with ectos currently becuase yesterday I salvaged my Exotic Warhorn and got 3 ectos. Also got 2 ectos from somethign else I salvaged but can’t remember. RNG is RNG

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’ve been getting 2/3 ectos from rares regularly.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

/puts on his tinfoil hat

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s just RNG. I’ve had times where I get zero ecto from five rares and then others where ill have like 8 or 9. If you think there is an issue then you’ll have to prove it with a LARGE sample size. You’re looking into thousands of salvages at least.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

You know, once again nerfing the drop rate of ectos from rares while people are distracted with Dragon Bash is incredibly shady.

Personally, I strongly doubt that it was an honest mistake in the code last time, and I doubt that it is again this time, but if it is, please please do the right thing and fix it.

Nice try ecto hoarder

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

What is your dataset?

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Ecto Drop Rate

lover.8351

What is your dataset?

Edited.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

What is your dataset?

Edited.

Thank you. How many of them were today? There was a recent patch that came out today. Also were they just rares or or exotics too and what levels are they? What salvage kits were you using?

Can someone else provide a dataset that disagrees/agrees with the OP?

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’m at 0 ectos out of 3 salvages. Obviously not a legit sample size, but if you are going to combine numbers feel free to add mine in.

RIP in peace Robert

Ecto Drop Rate

Randulf.7614

9 out of 3 salvages post patch. Again, tiny sample, but no “nerf alert” screamed either

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

9 out of 3 salvages post patch. Again, tiny sample, but no “nerf alert” screamed either

You’re stealin all my good RNG!

RIP in peace Robert

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: sbr.8170

sbr.8170

I have had pretty good luck with ectos recently. I don’t keep spreadsheets withhard numbers, but feel like I am averaging 1.5-2 per rare in the last week.

Ecto Drop Rate

Randulf.7614

You’re stealin all my good RNG!

It’s my one day a month. You really should see my RNG the rest of the month ;D

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

ectos don’t have drop rates, gold items do, and from that you have to take the salvage rate. I wish ectos became a drop again in some hard instanced area. Atleast exotics will gain some values again.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

salvaged 33 rares, got 23 ecto. june/19/2013

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Just salvaged 3 rares and got 3 ectos (1 from 1, 2 from 1, and 0 from 1). Since I didn’t get 3 ectos per, ecto drop rates are obviously busted

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

ectos don’t have drop rates, gold items do, and from that you have to take the salvage rate. I wish ectos became a drop again in some hard instanced area. Atleast exotics will gain some values again.

As I have been in the Orr thread that would be a great idea..
Ectos should be able to drop from Orr chest, in Orr dungeons, or directly from Orr champions!

And to contribute to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ecto-rate-suspiciously-low-again/first#post2235339

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I salvaged 250 level 39 rares with Black Lion Salvage Kits and didn’t get any ecto!

Fix nao prz.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

C’mon guys, you can do better witch hunting than this. Let me show:

I’ve been getting more ectos during the dragon bash than I’ve usually gotten. They must’ve buffed the drop rate, I’m sure of it! 100% confirmed! Spread the news, ecto drop rate at least 90%!

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Ghettoblade.7962

Ghettoblade.7962

Its a bug………….

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Next

Nothing has changed with ectos.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Yeah, every time you don’t get the loot you want, it’s a stealth nerf that Anet did because they all sit around the office all day laughing at how they kitten off their own customers.

They changed the game so that absolutely nothing but vendor trash drops so you have to buy $50 worth of gems every week just to pay for repairs and waypoint costs. Because businesses exist to chase away their customers and lose money.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if the recent ecto rate bug was not a bug, they wouldn’t of given out BLSK to people that used them when it was bugged, which they did, so I don’t believe it was intentional.

Ecto Drop Rate

Navi.7142

Well, nothing has been changed sounds like that there were no changes made by Anet that happened intentionally. Have you checked if the recent bug could have had a comeback?

Ecto Drop Rate

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

There is no bug. I don’t mean that we didn’t change anything, I mean that the numbers haven’t changed pre-post patch.

Ecto Drop Rate

Navi.7142

Thanks for telling!

Ecto Drop Rate

lover.8351

There is no bug. I don’t mean that we didn’t change anything, I mean that the numbers haven’t changed pre-post patch.

To clarify, does this also mean that you guys did not change anything at some other point either?

Ecto Drop Rate

Previous

John Smith.4610

If anything changes with ectos, it will be in the update notes.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I’m not sure that making accusations based on a test sample of 100 is valid.

Ecto Drop Rate

lover.8351

If anything changes with ectos, it will be in the update notes.

Well, okie dokie then.

Ecto Drop Rate

lover.8351

What’s a valid sample then? 1000? 100,000? Lulz. Go waste your own money.

Ecto Drop Rate

Navi.7142

I think it is also legit to question the ecto salavage rate even if we do not have hundreds or thousands as a “valid” sample size. It is not our job to do that.
If it feels a little bit off and especially after it was recently bugged, it is understandable that people might question it.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

It’s fine to ask questions if something seems off after a reasonable number of salvages, but complaining about a stealth nerf without a robust data set (in the very same update that provides a way to use ectos to generate dust) is a step too far.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

This again? Every single patch we have this… Someone find that record player and fix it please.

Been getting mostly 2-3 ectos per rare. Only had a few in the last week that have dropped zero. Ill keep count next time I go on a meta event run, but i can honestly say i have more ectos than the rares i salvaged.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I think it is also legit to question the ecto salavage rate even if we do not have hundreds or thousands as a “valid” sample size. It is not our job to do that.
If it feels a little bit off and especially after it was recently bugged, it is understandable that people might question it.

Go ahead, and sometime between the 2nd and 500th time you say this, everyone will have made the decision to ignore you.

Ecto Drop Rate

Navi.7142

Lol. That doesn’t bother me.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Edit: 100 rares salvaged over the past few days. 27 ectos. Not just RNG and I’m not the only one saying it. Y’all can put on your tinfoil hats all you want, but we were right last time and we’re right this time too. If it’s a mistake, again, fine, but fix it please.

It wasn’t “questioning the ecto salvage rate.” The OP asked no question, only made negative comments. There was no question in the post about ectoplasm rates— it was simply assumed that they had been nerfed (based on personal experience), that it was intentional (based on the assumption that Arenanet is evil), and that since more than one person complains about it, it must must be a valid complaint (based, obviously, on an in-depth knowledge of statistics theory).

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Well, actually, atm I’m getting ectos by 2 or 3 with a ratio of 1.3 to 1.4. So I seem to have taken your luck. I’ll give it back to you when I’m done.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

What’s a valid sample then? 1000? 100,000? Lulz. Go waste your own money.

Nope. Don’t need to.

I also know better than to salvage one item and complain that not getting an ecto means that there has been a nerf. One, and one hundred are similarly insignificant samples for something of this sort.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

If anything changes with ectos intentionally, it will be in the update notes.

Fixed.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Greo.6831

Greo.6831

100 rares salvaged over the past few days. 27 ectos. Not just RNG and I’m not the only one saying it. Y’all can put on your tinfoil hats all you want, but we were right last time and we’re right this time too. If it’s a mistake, again, fine, but fix it please.

It sounds more like you’ve just got a case of ancedotal bad luck. I’ve been salvaging multiple ectos from dropped rares beyond a 1:1 ratio. But then, I’ve also obtained a jade weapon ticket, dragon wings, and a holographic pet from random drops recently, too.

I’ll try to send you some of my luck from across the ’net.

Live how you want, when you want, where you want.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Seriously it needs to stop. Really. Every single update we see threads like this where people complain they don’t get the “expected” amount of ectos from their dozen of rares salvaged.
While it has been proven in the past that Anet can make mistakes regarding salvage rates, you (and by you I mean people in general) need to understand that bringing on the table so small sample won’t help make your point and that RNG is RNG whether it is in your favor or not. Now if you DO think there’s really something fishy going on, then go provide some reasonable sample to prove your point.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Well I was told it was 0-3 per item last time I checked. If that’s true then we’re bound to have some items drop nothing. My other thought was does mf help this in any way?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Seriously it needs to stop. Really. Every single update we see threads like this where people complain they don’t get the “expected” amount of ectos from their dozen of rares salvaged.

Oh, it’ll stop…. It’ll stop immediately when Anet gets it together and puts in some Streak-Breaker code

27 Ectos out of 100 Salvages?? Even just seeing a lousy 10 out of 20 like I did during this patch was enough to raise suspicions. You should never go 0 for 3 for something that cost ~16s to craft when the salvage piece you want is only worth ~18s. That’s just Anet’s net&DB Coders being too focused on bad priorities. They’ve already got D.R. …so if they’re going to micromanage our Probabilities to the level DR does, then it’s only fair for them to go in the opposite direction when it comes to the stuff we had to pry away from that stupid D.R. situation. OTHERWISE, they’re just double dipping on their Magical Money-Sinks. …aka: Double Taxed Earnings… YEAH, I wanna hear Mr Smith up there try and justify that one with all his other real-world market prinicples. This is supposed to be a Casual Fantasy Game for crying out loud … who’s Fantasy tho? Lenin’s??

(edited by ilr.9675)

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Oh, it’ll stop…. It’ll stop immediately when Anet gets it together and puts in some Streak-Breaker code

27 Ectos out of 100 Salvages?? Even just seeing a lousy 10 out of 20 like I did during this patch was enough to raise suspicions. You should never go 0 for 3 for something that cost ~16s to craft when the salvage piece you want is only worth ~18s. That’s just Anet’s net&DB Coders being lazy. They’ve already got D.R. …so if they’re going to micromanage our Probabilities to the level DR does, then it’s only fair for them to go in the opposite direction when it comes to the stuff we had to pry away from that stupid D.R. situation. OTHERWISE, they’re just double dipping on their Magical Money-Sinks. …aka: Double Taxed Earnings… YEAH, I wanna hear Mr Smith up there try and justify that one with all his other real-world market prinicples. This is supposed to be a Casual Fantasy Game for crying out loud … who’s Fantasy tho? Lenin’s??

Please read a basic statistics book, an economics book, and the forum code of conduct.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Why are you invoking the TOS? I know what it says, believe me I combed over it VERY CAREFULLY in Beta and the fact I have ZERO infractions or even warnings, proves it.

Another poster’s Personal beliefs ARE fair game when they’ve volunteered them in past Threads as prior justifications by the way… It’s only the things you’d have to infer/accuse that aren’t fair grounds

And the other question: What part of “streak breaker” do you need education on to understand that the ENTIRE POINT of it is to throw out the basic statistics book rules in favor of maintaining the Fantasy Aesthetic?

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Read the second of JS’s posts. It leaves some questions doesn’t it? Technically the numbers may not have changed but it leaves open the unswered part of his response as to what DID change. It is this type of half-communication approach that leaves doubts in the minds of the players and, accordingly, ANet has only themselves to blame for fueling the “conspiracy” theorists……again.

Ecto Drop Rate

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

Read the second of JS’s posts. It leaves some questions doesn’t it? Technically the numbers may not have changed but it leaves open the unswered part of his response as to what DID change. It is this type of half-communication approach that leaves doubts in the minds of the players and, accordingly, ANet has only themselves to blame for fueling the “conspiracy” theorists……again.

While I could agree that ANet is not always clear in communication and causes some of their own issues, in this case, I think any conspiracy theorists are just trying to read more into things than is there.

His first post tried to make clear that nothing changed.

Second post was to say that actual numbers were checked and that he wasn’t just going on “we didn’t change anything on purpose”.

Third post was to assure people that any changes would be in the patch notes.

Seems pretty clear to me at that point.