Empyreal Fragments are absurd

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

i really find fun how dungeon players finds hard and grindy to obtain dragonite.
While
Open pve players find hard and gridy to get empyreal fragments.

Same issue as fractal backpack made worse.

If before you had to do one thing that possibly you didn t like, now you almost certainly will be forced to farm something you don t like.

This is a really good point. I definitely wasn’t happy about the prospects of being forced to play the different types of content if I wanted to get all the materials. At this point though, I find an interesting phenomena happening: I am actually happy to see chests out in the environment because I know I will get some fragments from it. Even if I don’t get anything good from a world boss (which is usually the case) the Dragonite keeps it from feeling disappointing. If there was only one type of mat that dropped from everything, it would not feel as rewarding.

I would recommend unbinding the lowest level mats though. If someone isn’t intending on leveling their crafting at all, these items are just taking up space, and that prevents it from feeling rewarding. If they could sell them, the extra money would make it feel plenty rewarding.

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

i really find fun how dungeon players finds hard and grindy to obtain dragonite.
While
Open pve players find hard and gridy to get empyreal fragments.

Same issue as fractal backpack made worse.

If before you had to do one thing that possibly you didn t like, now you almost certainly will be forced to farm something you don t like.

They don’t find it grindy but mindnumbing.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I actually liked grinding for my legendaries, and I’m looking forward to getting more when they add more. If ascended items were only about the infusion slots, and otherwise had the same stats as exotics, I think they’d be a great addition to the game, because I like fotm, and I’d be okay with working to do higher levels (as long as agony never showed up anywhere else in the game)

The problem, like other people have said, is that the actual additions they’ve made are bad for the game. Even Colin Johanson agrees! He once listed these things as bad to have in a game: “loot drop systems that require doing a dungeon with a tiny chance the item you want can drop at the end, raid systems that need huge numbers of people online simultaneously to organize and play, thousands of wash/repeat item-collection or kill-mob quests or dailies with flavor text support, the best stat gear requiring crazy amounts of time to earn”

So Colin is actively striving to put into GW2 things he thinks are bad. That’s a strange approach, and it’s one we’re concerned about.

It is nice to know that you consider 2 weeks a crazy amount of time. Yes 2 weeks for a average player.

Nice to know that I am below average. I guess me and my 13 characters are just not dedicated enough for this game. Alas!

Have you been trying to get ascended gear?

My level 80 warrior is my only character with any ascended gear. She has three ascended trinkets: an amulet, a ring, and an earring. She’s also my weaponsmith (all my 80s have 400 in at least one craft). So when the 500 crafting and ascended weapons came along I decided to see how far I could go with what I had. I got her up to 425 or so before I ran out of orichalcum. I’d had quite a bit saved up until recently, but I used a big chunk of it crafting a Phoenix Talon one day a few weeks ago when I was bored. It’s still unbound and sitting in her inventory.

Anyway, in the process of reaching 425 (or so) I noticed that I was only 9 destroyer lodestones shy of being able to craft a destroyer weapon, so I snagged what I needed off the TP and made a shield for my level 80 guardian (which I have thus far managed to forget to put into the bank so he can access it).

Sometime later, I noticed I could get ascended inscription recipes from the craft and laurel vendors, so I got the recipe to make a Zojja’s inscription, thinking that maybe, someday, if I live long enough, I might somehow manage to accumulate the stuff needed to make an ascended axe without farming, grinding, and/or flipping. Maybe. If I live long enough. But probably not.

Moving on!

Last night one of my guildies proposed running the chests in Queensdale to farm empyreal fragments (an idea which I have seen posted on these forums today). I was playing my new sylvari Guardian at the time – she’s in the low 20s – and I thought, well, heck, why not? Something the guildie said prompted me to ask, “Does it have to be a level 80 character?” The answer, of course, was ‘yes’. After some obligatory grumbling I switched to my level 80 warrior and we did the run. I got a bunch of the fragments and it was fun, especially watching them struggle through the jumping puzzle. Then we switched to other characters and did it again. I took my level 80 guardian on this run. It was still fun the second time. I don’t know how many fragments I got. I could have done it six more times – I’ve got six more level 80 characters – but I didn’t. Doing something like that over and over and over and over again would put me in a coma (figuratively speaking). I’m just not ‘geared’ (hey, pun!) that way.

That’s the extent of it.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

there is something wrong with your math. Is required 500 for a GS, for example. Each empyreal star requires 100 of these. I already did my 5 em. stars, and I still have fragments left, probably for another GS or other weapon.

I think is really easy to get them and plus, you make lot of money everyday. I do at least 15 g for free doing dungeons, fast runs and I get the empyreal fragments in a normal flow.

More complicated for me are dragonite ores. You just get from mega boss, and once a day from each boss, and just the Orrian ones reward well. It was the part of the Ascended that took me more time. Still, lvl to 500 is the hard work xD

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If you believe, only because you are a casual gamer, that a casual gamer can’t be required in a game to do some “effort” to get something, even if it requires of them normally more time, than it does for hardcore players, then you absolutely play the wrong game my friend!
Just a word of advice.

Pretty much this.

Some people seem to be either in a hurry or want everything the moment they log in.

Yes, they want the game that was advertised:

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

By the time you reach level 80 you should have enough of the Ascended materials to craft an Ascended Weapon.

Impossible. For example you can’t even get the material from champ chests until you ARE lvl 80. Try it on an alt under lvl 80 you WONT get the material at all.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Last night one of my guildies proposed running the chests in Queensdale to farm empyreal fragments (an idea which I have seen posted on these forums today). I was playing my new sylvari Guardian at the time – she’s in the low 20s – and I thought, well, heck, why not? Something the guildie said prompted me to ask, “Does it have to be a level 80 character?” The answer, of course, was ‘yes’. After some obligatory grumbling I switched to my level 80 warrior and we did the run. I got a bunch of the fragments and it was fun, especially watching them struggle through the jumping puzzle. Then we switched to other characters and did it again. I took my level 80 guardian on this run. It was still fun the second time. I don’t know how many fragments I got. I could have done it six more times – I’ve got six more level 80 characters – but I didn’t. Doing something like that over and over and over and over again would put me in a coma (figuratively speaking). I’m just not ‘geared’ (hey, pun!) that way.

That’s the extent of it.

I see absolutely no reason why you would have to be level 80 to do a Queensdale champ farm or get the ascended mats. If your character has to be a level 80 to drop any of the ascended gear that would put a whole in my theory that you will likely have a lot of the mats when starting a new character. If that is the case it is disappointing but I can see why it is that way.

Also what you were doing was your guildies turning it into a grind and a farm. It was not designed that way. That is why it is once a day per character. It is designed to go out and run multiple dungeons do multiple jumping puzzles visit multiple chests and go play WvW.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empyreal_Fragment

Guess I have some more research to do on this mechanic tonight. Unless someone else can confirm that Ascended mats do indeed drop on a non level 80 character.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I find to lessen the monotony of running dungeons for Empyreal Fragments, I just simply hunt down the chests all over the world. The wiki has a list of these chest here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_basic_chests

I find this to be less grindy because you’re mostly going out into the world to search for these instead of one or two concentrated areas. For me, I like seeing different places whereas if I kept doing CoF p1 or similarly easy dungeon paths over and over again, I’ll get real bored quick.

Although, I do admit that the amount required to make one Ascended weapon does seem somewhat absurd, but if you mix it up a bit everyday, then it doesn’t feel too bad.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

I haven’t seen any empyreal fragments from jumping puzzles yet….. is my luck just that kittening bad?

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

anzenketh.3759

I haven’t seen any empyreal fragments from jumping puzzles yet….. is my luck just that kittening bad?

Do you access the chest at the end of them?

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

I’m not sure what the minimum level is to actually receive fragments from chests (80 would make sense…) but a level 15 alt I ran through a JP is the only time I did not receive fragments.

sinderhella.5680

Yes I access the chest at the end of them, and I am level 80.

anzenketh.3759

Yes I access the chest at the end of them, and I am level 80.

What ones did you do? Not all of them drop per the wiki.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empyreal_Fragment

sinderhella.5680

Apparently I’ve done the wrong ones, thanks!

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

What about the people who have no inclination to do dungeons or jumping puzzles FOR WHATEVER REASON would like an ascended weapon but are left out in the cold, if they are really wanting one of those items they are BEING FORCED into content they do not wish to be a part of and GOES AGAINST ANETs claim that you can PLAY THE GAME THE WAY YOU WANT. Yes I am getting an Ascended weapon.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I got over 100 yesterday – 5 alts at 80 – each jumping puzzle in LA and a quick run of CoF on my main. I think I pulled in 124. Add in more jumping puzzles from over the world and I would have pulled in more.

However I do dislike that I have to spend this much time doing it each day, but then again I have an edge having multiple 80’s. A lot of others do as well though.

What about the people who have no inclination to do dungeons or jumping puzzles FOR WHATEVER REASON would like an ascended weapon but are left out in the cold, if they are really wanting one of those items they are BEING FORCED into content they do not wish to be a part of and GOES AGAINST ANETs claim that you can PLAY THE GAME THE WAY YOU WANT. Yes I am getting an Ascended weapon.

edit on TC there are people almost round the clock porting people up to all the jp’s in LA. Save yourself a lot of time and I usually get 9 off sharkmaw alone. No jumping involved.

(edited by Poledo.3256)

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

You can still play the game the way you want. You just won’t get rewarded for it.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

anzenketh.3759

You don’t have to do jumping puzzles. You can do open world chests,Dungeons, or WvW

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

You don’t have to do jumping puzzles. You can do open world chests,Dungons, or WvW

Exactly, I only do one jumping puzzle the rest are from open world chests / mini dungeons.

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

Eh, I get plenty of these in WvW without even aiming to, almost enough for my first ascended wep. I’m actually behind in dragonites, lol.

Sheesh, reading through this thread and the grind that people are doing to get these, I’d complain too. Glad I’m getting all of the mats I need without grinding, and just enjoying the game.

(edited by Necrochild.1497)

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’ve got stacks and stacks of fragments and a full stack of stars.. It’s Dragonite I can’t seem to get enough of.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I have 11 stacks empyreal fragments but not even two stacks dragonite ore. Dungeons are at least fun (to me), mindless 2-5 fps zerhlging isn’t. Also, you can do dungeons whenever you want. It’s pretty hard to find active temple events or world bosses since gw2state and others are not working correctly.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I got over 100 yesterday – 5 alts at 80 – each jumping puzzle in LA and a quick run of CoF on my main. I think I pulled in 124. Add in more jumping puzzles from over the world and I would have pulled in more.

However I do dislike that I have to spend this much time doing it each day, but then again I have an edge having multiple 80’s. A lot of others do as well though.

edit on TC there are people almost round the clock porting people up to all the jp’s in LA. Save yourself a lot of time and I usually get 9 off sharkmaw alone. No jumping involved.

Thank you but I’m almost there and only 200 fragments away from this [&AgGktwAA].

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

I find it funny how the people who are likely playing 6+ hours a day and remarking how easy it is.

:l

Well duh if you grind your life away on the game. People are mad because gw2 was supposed to be the opposite of this.

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

What kills me is people who complain that they’re gonna have to grind. Yet, first chance they get, you’ll see them farming stuff. I haven’t farmed once since launch, I got 5 level 80s with the proper gear. And I’m not gonna start grinding now. I don’t care if it takes me 6 months to get my first ascended weapon (it won’t, cause wvw here, dungeon there, world bosses,… you get the idea.)

People complaining that they have to go through a massive thorny bush to get from A to B, yet they go through said bush, while they could just walk around it.

-Blackgate-

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I got 600 emp shards in the first 6 days … mostly by running alts through the same JP’s “as a group” … so for me it’s not any different from any other grind I used to do in Gw1 and I even made a little role-playing minigame out of it since all of my alts do very different Roles.

The only fix I think we need here is not to Dungeons or even JP’s…

…okay maybe a little tiny tweak to “Minidugeons” that are only giving 2-4 shards ea….

But the only fix we really need here is SMARTER Rewards in WvW.

<wvw rant incoming>

Devon repeatedly told everyone leading up to this update that WvW would be seeing more rewards, but all it got was some little-brother Meee-Too treatment and everyone still got the short end of the stick (unless they’re power build Roaming Thieves who kill camp claim NPC in 5 seconds…. Thieves in general need a total WvW & PvE exclusive split/rebalance …. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS).

The final insult?? …No Shards in the WvW jump puzzles.

I’m so glad I’m not a WvW’er, I’d be really really depressed about my future right now:

• No intentions whatsoever to address Mindless zerging … yeah Anet wants WvW to be about numbers and they just asserted that again this week, but they’re not making any effort to scale coordination & skill versus those raw numbers.
  • a ton of youtube streams that just focus on “WXP” Perks… what is this, COD??
  • Instead of making a game mode that everyone loved (CTF) Hacker-Proof, they just add more CONQUEST mode instead which isn’t popular and never will be if you look at the history of their attempt at Esports.
  • severe lack of both diversity and quantity in Gathering Nodes in borderlands … especially high demand Herbs(chilis, rosemary, dills, etc) as well as platinum/iron and mid-tier woods. “Holding terrain” would be a lot more worthwhile if there was actually some real clusters of resources on it worth holding.
  • no emphasis on DEFENDING ANYTHING … the only reason anyone defends anything is kitten-block any attacking force so they get demoralized and leave which just makes for another empty B.L.

The very least they could have done here was give everyone 50 dragon ore per SM cap, and 30 per Keep cap. …then instead of rewarding people empys for flipping Camps & Towers… give the highest quantity of Empy shards for HOLDING THOSE camps and towers by awarding 1 empy for every single Foe who attacked anyone or anything at that location. ….there ya go, instant thinning of the Zergs. Everyone spreads out, more people in the BL’s, and a very easy to make Equation for doling out a currently very grindy resource.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I have 11 stacks empyreal fragments but not even two stacks dragonite ore. Dungeons are at least fun (to me), mindless 2-5 fps zerhlging isn’t. Also, you can do dungeons whenever you want. It’s pretty hard to find active temple events or world bosses since gw2state and others are not working correctly.

Yeah chasing after the timers to get this dragonite crap is getting old VERY FAST.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

(Some less scrupulous critics might, of course, conclude that Colin was just lying! But I’ll be more charitable and attribute it to gross incompetence.)

Or, could it be possible that maybe (just maybe), their plan at the start wasn’t working to keep the player base they felt they needed… and so they had to cave a little on their original intentions?

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Or, could it be possible that maybe (just maybe), their plan at the start wasn’t working to keep the player base they felt they needed… and so they had to cave a little on their original intentions?

And then lie and pretend that 180 was in fact their plan from the very start?

chemiclord.3978

And then lie and pretend that 180 was in fact their plan from the very start?

That could be a consequence of mis-interpretation really, or some really poor wording. For example, I read that “from the very start” quote as they were TALKING about another level of gear, but wasn’t something they were committed to at the time of release.

But I am clearly a minority in that interpretation. If the actual intent was to insinuate that Ascended was meant from the start… then yeah, SOMEONE is lying there.

Regardless, lie or not, a game company altering their initial vision is HARDLY unique, and is really kinda SOP when dealing with MMOs. If you wanted to hold any MMO company’s feet to the fire when their product didn’t mesh with their original vision, well… the burn ward would be packed to overflowing.

Circumstances change, your target audience changes… any number of reasons, really. I’d honestly prefer a game that is willing to say, "Alright, this isn’t meeting what we need, we’re going to have to change, " rather than going out of business because they were static to their original vision.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

stof.9341

Still, you cannot go from "We want everyone on an equal power base” to “Exotics were far too easy to obtain compared to our plans” which means “BiS items should take a lot of work to obtain” with nothing between to warn us of the change of plans.

Of course, warning us of such a change might have lost them the sales of many GW1 fans so they weren’t about to tell us I guess?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Still, you cannot go from "We want everyone on an equal power base” to “Exotics were far too easy to obtain compared to our plans” which means “BiS items should take a lot of work to obtain” with nothing between to warn us of the change of plans.

Of course, warning us of such a change might have lost them the sales of many GW1 fans so they weren’t about to tell us I guess?

They didn’t decide to do it till after they saw the low uptake on legendary weapons. Sometimes it’s not possible to warn someone, because you didn’t know you’d be doing it.

stof.9341

They didn’t decide to do it till after they saw the low uptake on legendary weapons. Sometimes it’s not possible to warn someone, because you didn’t know you’d be doing it.

This is going in circles XD

Why then do they pretend it was their intention from the start to have BiS be a big grind?

If someone answers again that “it was their intention from the start, we just badly interpreted what they said” I’ll get angry.

Vayne.8563

This is going in circles XD

Why then do they pretend it was their intention from the start to have BiS be a big grind?

If someone answers again that “it was their intention from the start, we just badly interpreted what they said” I’ll get angry.

It’s not a “big grind”. This is silly. Two of my guildies have an ascended weapon already. You really call that a big grind?

You can talk in circles as much as you like, but really, this isn’t the mountain people are making it out to be. It’s more like a foothill.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Also, nobody gets 450 Mithril while leveling from 1 to 80 unless they go out of their way to gather as much as possible.

Just as a reference, when I reached Level 20 in GW1 I wasn’t even close to my first set of max armor + max weapons.

I’m sorry, but you’re TERRIBLE if you couldn’t get max weapons or armor in GW1 at level20 since they literally cost like 1platnium each.

Vayne.8563

Also, nobody gets 450 Mithril while leveling from 1 to 80 unless they go out of their way to gather as much as possible.

Just as a reference, when I reached Level 20 in GW1 I wasn’t even close to my first set of max armor + max weapons.

I’m sorry, but you’re TERRIBLE if you couldn’t get max weapons or armor in GW1 at level20 since they literally cost like 1platnium each.

This is simply wrong. In Prophecies, you got to level 20 LONG BEFORE you had the option to buy max armor, which you could first get from Droknar’s Forge. I was level 20 long before I reached Droks. At that time, I didn’t have 5k.

Maybe by the time I reached Droks I did…who even remembers.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

It’s not a “big grind”. This is silly. Two of my guildies have an ascended weapon already. You really call that a big grind?

You can talk in circles as much as you like, but really, this isn’t the mountain people are making it out to be. It’s more like a foothill.

Of course it’s not a considered a big grind to you or your guild mates, because farmers such as yourself and your two guild mates enjoy farming.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Ahahah that’s priceless! I particularly like the implication of you being a noob, as if Ascended gear was obtained through something a bot couldn’t do. Glad my ignore list has a lot of room. You may want to edit the name out to lessen the chance that a mod will take down the post.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Sadly you’ll see a lot more of that as they continue to encourage the progression crowd by adding more pointless numbers to chase. Forget all about playing the game for fun. They’ve lost their way and as a direct result of that the game and its community are now suffering. I still hold out hope for some grand patch which will fix everything but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Ahahah that’s priceless! I particularly like the implication of you being a noob, as if Ascended gear was obtained through something a bot couldn’t do. Glad my ignore list has a lot of room. You may want to edit the name out to lessen the chance that a mod will take down the post.

The type of player seen in that screenshot is exactly what grindy mmo attract and the kind of audience I thought we wouldn’t see in gw2. People who feel the need to have some sort of “progress” in their game because it’s actually a second life for them, they live for their mmo and feel like they’re doing actual work while getting their gear and building their public image/pride. Games like WoW are literally infested with these. State an opinion about a game and it’s like you insult their mother.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Vayne.8563

Of course it’s not a considered a big grind to you or your guild mates, because farmers such as yourself and your two guild mates enjoy farming.

LMFAO! I’m like about as antifarming as you can get. Try again.

Vayne.8563

The type of player seen in that screenshot is exactly what grindy mmo attract and the kind of audience I thought we wouldn’t see in gw2. People who feel the need to have some sort of “progress” in their game because it’s actually a second life for them, they live for their mmo and feel like they’re doing actual work while getting their gear and building their public image/pride. Games like WoW are literally infested with these. State an opinion about a game and it’s like you insult their mother.

Right, because there was no one like that who ever played Guild Wars 1.

chemiclord.3978

Right, because there was no one like that who ever played Guild Wars 1.

In the rose-tinted GW1 they wistfully remember there wasn’t.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Tryhards lose interest if the can’t better their characters, even if it involves a grind.

You are right in a misguided way, yes the player base does lose interest when content becomes too hard, half my guild has stopped playing for a second time due to this stuff.

I sure hope you love your time gated game solo..

BlueZone.4236

Are you sure 100% sure you and your two legendaries (and another one coming?) agree with what you’re saying?
You love to farm. Love it. Love, love, love it, and your two legendaries agree with me.
So you are correct, it isn’t a big grind for you.

Your argument of two players (out of how many players in this game?) having ascended weapons is not proof it isn’t a “big grind”. It’s just proof they are good farmers (or is it bad farmers because they’ve beaten the expected 2 weeks so anet will increase the grind for the next ascended gear?).

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Are you sure 100% sure you and your two legendaries (and another one coming?) agree with what you’re saying?
You love to farm. Love it. Love, love, love it, and your two legendaries agree with me.

Your argument of two players (out of how many players in this game?) having ascended weapons is not proof it isn’t a “big grind”. It’s just proof they are good farmers (or is it bad farmers because they’ve beaten the expected 2 weeks so anet will increase the grind for the next ascended gear?).

You can get legendaries without farming, by just playing the game. It simply takes longer than farming 24/7. Vayne has been playing since like beta?

Now imagine what would happen if the legendaries were even easier to get. Everyone and his grandmother would have 5.

Kaizer.7135

This is simply wrong. In Prophecies, you got to level 20 LONG BEFORE you had the option to buy max armor, which you could first get from Droknar’s Forge. I was level 20 long before I reached Droks. At that time, I didn’t have 5k.

Maybe by the time I reached Droks I did…who even remembers.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Oroku

Sells max armor for 1k a piece, we’re not just talking about Prophecies here but GW1 as a whole.

Kaizer.7135

Of course it’s not a big grind when your friends got VERY lucky with drops. Duh

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The game has become all about the grind. I have purchased a lot of gems with real money but all I received in return is a treadmill that spins faster every quarter. I do not buy skins and other things on the BLTC because I need them. I buy them on faith that the money is going toward serious content expansion and the only thing I have seen thus far is Southsun Cove.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

You can also get them from basic chest, which are scattered around the world.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_basic_chests

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

BlueZone.4236

You can get legendaries without farming, by just playing the game. It simply takes longer than farming 24/7. Vayne has been playing since like beta?

Now imagine what would happen if the legendaries were even easier to get. Everyone and his grandmother would have 5.

Yes, of course you can eventually get a legendary, and the drop rates have improved (slightly?). In any case, the point isn’t about making legendaries easier.
There’s still a lot of content repetition required that makes it unappealing for some people. I gave up on attempting a legendary back when the loot was still terrible, and am definitely not going bother trying now as I really don’t care for it.

Maybe I, too, am just a content locust, but the experience in this material “collection/reward” doesn’t offer anything new that I haven’t done already, so doing it again doesn’t really feel that fun to me.
Having one character with world completion (which I consider an accomplishment), the 2nd at ~97% (which I now consider tedious), I’m just going to flat out refuse to do a third because I’d consider it a grind.
Ironically, going across the world to collect the mats is essentially like doing it a third time, so guess how I’m feeling about it…?

Heck, if they added the option to convert SAB bauble bubbles into ascended mats, that would help make it feel less of a grind because they have fun new content.