Episode 4 release time?

Episode 4 release time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

It’s 1 am where anet is so you’re not getting a response anytime soon.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

They are likely still working on the issue.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Adngel.9786

Adngel.9786

oooh.

Well, I’ll touch wood for this evening.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Uvirith.9573

Uvirith.9573

Meanwhile at Anet

Attachments:

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Meanwhile at Anet

I was thinking more like this too XD

Attachments:

Kitten.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Peth.4916

Peth.4916

Maybe we should ask Niantic and borrow their potato-server.. Maybe it would quicken the process

Peth, the walking death

Episode 4 release time?

Ashantara.8731

Meanwhile at Anet

LOL, good ol’ Jack. Still prefer such horror movies to the modern splatter trash.

Anyway, let’s hope they are not losing nerve there, as I can imagine this being majorly nervewrecking when it happens at your company.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Let me repeat the key word in there in case it was missed: FREE.

Good customer. You’re a baby who is sleeping and dreaming in his baby carriage, called liberalism.

Nothing is free, never.

If nothing is free then why does the word even exist?

because it is something we aspire to obtain…. kinda like a good looking woman, who cooks and cleans!

By “we” you really mean, what “you” aspire to.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

I don’t care about the delay, these things happen.

What i do care about it the lack of communication, especially in the GER Forum.
There was ONE official post yesterday and that was Mikes Posts translatet into german, posted by gaile.

That post came at around 2 or 3 am, everyhting else we had to get from reddit, twitter and the EN forum. You might say “ofc, its been late evening/night in your region”, fair enough but the question is: why is it no problem for gaile or one of her coworkers to translate Mikes post into german, but why have they not been able to translate the previous posts?

On paper we have a Community Manager, but the only things he posted in the past weeks have been Patch Notes. Not even today, after this massive delay we hear a word from him, sucks to be us i guess.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

I don’t understand wyners. What if your Flight can’t happen because of the weather? Do you sue the flight Company? Even if you have to go to work you won’t do that, most likely you will thank them. Stop complaining of something they hadn’t control on and start to thank them for the hard work they’re putting on solving the issue, as they provided you with a great game and even a better service over the past years. Anet <3.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I don’t understand why so many players are so quick to attack others.

I didn’t wait around yesterday. I logged in around usual patch time, saw it wasn’t up, checked forums, and went out. So I am not in any way bothered by this.

However, it’s easy to see why people who had went to the trouble of organising a ten person raid team for that day would wait around. Or why people who had rearranged plans in order to play the patch might (and seriously, isn’t people actually being hyped enough for a patch to do that supposed to be a good thing?). The communication received was vague, and I can understand why many players interpreted it as “It might be worth waiting around”.

In short, the communication was vague, and it put some players out. It’s reasonable for them to be upset, and there’s no need to attack them for expressing it.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: xXMapcoXx.9614

xXMapcoXx.9614

As we all know the patch that was scheduled for today was delayed due to weather/tech issues. Clearly this is out of Arena Net’s hands as they claim they tried their best to get the patch out today and were unable. Honestly this is fine and I think everyone can agree with that.

The problem that I have with all of this is they stated the storms and the problems took place on Monday (the day before the patch) If they knew it was going to be a problem then, why still advertise for Tuesday? I imagine the simple answer to this was they believed they’d still get it out on time. Come Tuesday and we hear about the delay around the time people were expecting the patch. This sucks because many players (specifically raiders) scheduled their entire day around progressing on Tuesday. Many made sacrifices to make sure they could be there and support their team for whatever goal they planned on accomplishing. (Many people on my team decided to use their sick days or wake up very early in preparation for this, and after talking to other teams many did the same)

Okay, so what?

I personally feel its a bit unfair to the players to have them waiting all day just to hear that they aren’t getting the patch. I would’ve been fine hearing Monday, or even early Tuesday that the patch would be delayed or to not expect it for a set amount of hours. Instead we were just told “as soon as possible” myself and many others waited in Gw2 doing nothing for an entire day because we were led on to believe the patch was on its way. The problem was there was no certainty nobody wanted to leave in fear that the patch would be there. (This matters a lot when you care about being on top of the raids or even those who were planning on jumping into the story ASAP to avoid spoilers) Arena net kept an entire community on the edge of their seats and didn’t deliver. All I’m asking for is better communication. If you can’t get the patch on time you can’t get the patch but don’t leave us questioning for well over half a day when said patch is coming and or if were even getting the patch that day.

~I don’t want this thread to create a bunch of salt, I just hope that Anet can learn from this nightmare many of us went through today and hopefully let us know ahead of time if there are going to be issues before many of us inconvenience our personal lives for a false promise. They’ve done well in the past for giving us patches on time and I hope nothing like this happens again.

I agree, everyone here is tell you bla bla bla well anet should of just come out early and said no patch today. I too am in the same boat as you. I waited all day cuz anet told us still happening, but finally around 7 pm when the new was no patch. I am not upset about the delay im upset about waiting based on being told it was still gonna go live.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: altermaven.7385

altermaven.7385

Feel bad about the kittening snow having stomped anet that they had to delay the update (I hope the push goes smoothly though!) but the same kittening snow is going to make things terrible on the other end of the country here tomorrow, especially the prospect of outages if certain criteria is met in the weather.

Give ‘em some slack, and love ’em that they’re doing their best.

“To be rid of chaos, all must restore the balance.”
Part of the [PORT] mystical tour – “Marilee Mangletooth.” What main?
Something something Autechre fanatic.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: The Blog.1824

The Blog.1824

Only thing I’m a bit salty is that they told the press monday the patch might be not coming out on time, but not us. That is an info I would have liked to have honestly. But that’s kinda it.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ so 22h later and no news…

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It’s 6:22 AM where they are.

Episode 4 release time?

The Blog.1824

Give it 2 more hours and we might have a chance.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

how is an unexpected snowstorm their fault?

They didn’t give us any ETA and said we would be able to get it today. It’s more reasonable to give some ETA and make the “tomorrow” statement earlier, at least hint for the possibility.

And maybe they THOUGHT they could get it out today. Again, this isn’t some evil machiavellian plot. It is possible they had all the best intentions and worked their butt off and finally had to admit they were wrong. That happens too.

Regardless, they clearly tried their best. These things happen. It doesn’t entitle people to get gifts because of it. And no one will get one.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

Ok so yesterday they had issues they stated they will try again today to get it updated. They all work in Bellevue washington. Thats on west coast they dont get into work til 8 am. Atm its 6am for them. When they get into work they have to pick up where they left off late last night. They work extra hours into night nornally on release days to make sure every with update is good n do a couple smaller updates to fix other issues that a rise. But yesterday was different they worked late just to rry to get patch updated yesterday and get a jump on it for today.

Meaning today is not a 100 percent chance that they will do the update. As far as any news officially stated. Is from obrain. Stating sorry today didn’t work tomorrow hopefully but its not a promise they will be able to get it up and running.

So 2 hours they walk in from now n soonest update will be 4 hours from now if everything goes well. It could be 12 hours from now or days.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Let me repeat the key word in there in case it was missed: FREE.

Good customer. You’re a baby who is sleeping and dreaming in his baby carriage, called liberalism.

Nothing is free, never.

How daft can you be? Some history here so you understand some things about the world and myself: I’ve been a Guild Wars player since launch of GW1 and was in GW2 since beta. I’ve probably dropped well over 1000 dollars over the years on gens/expansion/etc and have stuck with Anet through some highs and lows (and have been vocal about both, just ask Gaile) so try not to get things twisted since it looks like you’ve only been here since HoT dropped.

Fact is the LS content is all content that Anet does not have to develop or deliver to us as players. It is literally content that they can work on and sell to us if they so chose to do as bigger packages and instead they deliver to current active players for free.

Once again, this is time and energy put into developing content that they COULD make us pay for but instead deliver to current active players for FREE.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Mozed.7510

Mozed.7510

Hey guys, i just found the HQ of ArenaNet.

No wonders why they’re so slow.

Attachments:

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Meanwhile at Anet

I was thinking more like this too XD

This made my day lollllllllll

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Episode 4 release time?

Ashantara.8731

???

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

???

Its a joke.

15\chars

Episode 4 release time?

onio.6403

Honestly, I think this affair has started to be pathetic, I’ve invested time and money in this game, but so much waiting and bad communication is a lack of respect. I’m going to black desert.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

As we all know the patch that was scheduled for today was delayed due to weather/tech issues. Clearly this is out of Arena Net’s hands as they claim they tried their best to get the patch out today and were unable. Honestly this is fine and I think everyone can agree with that.

The problem that I have with all of this is they stated the storms and the problems took place on Monday (the day before the patch) If they knew it was going to be a problem then, why still advertise for Tuesday? I imagine the simple answer to this was they believed they’d still get it out on time. Come Tuesday and we hear about the delay around the time people were expecting the patch. This sucks because many players (specifically raiders) scheduled their entire day around progressing on Tuesday. Many made sacrifices to make sure they could be there and support their team for whatever goal they planned on accomplishing. (Many people on my team decided to use their sick days or wake up very early in preparation for this, and after talking to other teams many did the same)

Okay, so what?

I personally feel its a bit unfair to the players to have them waiting all day just to hear that they aren’t getting the patch. I would’ve been fine hearing Monday, or even early Tuesday that the patch would be delayed or to not expect it for a set amount of hours. Instead we were just told “as soon as possible” myself and many others waited in Gw2 doing nothing for an entire day because we were led on to believe the patch was on its way. The problem was there was no certainty nobody wanted to leave in fear that the patch would be there. (This matters a lot when you care about being on top of the raids or even those who were planning on jumping into the story ASAP to avoid spoilers) Arena net kept an entire community on the edge of their seats and didn’t deliver. All I’m asking for is better communication. If you can’t get the patch on time you can’t get the patch but don’t leave us questioning for well over half a day when said patch is coming and or if were even getting the patch that day.

~I don’t want this thread to create a bunch of salt, I just hope that Anet can learn from this nightmare many of us went through today and hopefully let us know ahead of time if there are going to be issues before many of us inconvenience our personal lives for a false promise. They’ve done well in the past for giving us patches on time and I hope nothing like this happens again.

I agree, everyone here is tell you bla bla bla well anet should of just come out early and said no patch today. I too am in the same boat as you. I waited all day cuz anet told us still happening, but finally around 7 pm when the new was no patch. I am not upset about the delay im upset about waiting based on being told it was still gonna go live.

Would you have preferred them to have said that there was a chance that it could not release yesterday? What if after having said that, it turned out that they were able to and released it? Would you then be calling them out for “misleading” you?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Honestly, I think this affair has started to be pathetic, I’ve invested time and money in this game, but so much waiting and bad communication is a lack of respect. I’m going to black desert.

Bye, can I have your stuff?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: sunbirdy.7981

sunbirdy.7981

I swear you lot throw a hissy fit every time you don’t get what you want the second you want it.
Complaining isn’t gonna do a thing, and it’s not as if the devs don’t KNOW that people are upset.

Episode 4 release time?

Mozed.7510

“Black Desert” ruined your troll.

1/10

Episode 4 release time?

onio.6403

I swear you lot throw a hissy fit every time you don’t get what you want the second you want it.
Complaining isn’t gonna do a thing, and it’s not as if the devs don’t KNOW that people are upset.

Well I hope we all have a reward, because the waiting time that many have lost is not free. Also the most serious thing is that there is a constant communication on the part of them to know how the thing is, and this fills us with indecision and dilemma about whether to be in the game or do something else.

Episode 4 release time?

Mozed.7510

Well I hope we all have a reward, because the waiting time that many have lost is not free. Also the most serious thing is that there is a constant communication on the part of them to know how the thing is, and this fills us with indecision and dilemma about whether to be in the game or do something else.

So you’re not leaving the game anymore ? Yaaay

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Akaan.9843

Akaan.9843

“Black Desert” ruined your troll.

1/10

LOL XD

Episode 4 release time?

onio.6403

Attachments:

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

Come down …ur only wating for a Patch .
It’s not like the Servers r down for 2 days like it was in other mmos(AoC).
BtW meanwhile at A-Net

Attachments:

Episode 4 release time?

Mozed.7510

>justin bieber

Leave the game pls

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

>justin bieber

Leave the game pls

Also Cher? What kind of madness is this!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

your “waiting time” isn’t free? Who’s paying you to play Guild Wars 2? I want in on that gig? Oh wait… you’re not getting paid to play this game?

Then … just wait.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You chose to sit around and wait. That’s not on Anet. You could have done other things in the game. You could have done things outside of the game and kept tabs on communications for when the update was ready. Nobody deserves compensation for a situation that they put themselves in.

Episode 4 release time?

The Blog.1824

New build coming in 10 minutes

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: tanmiro.5918

tanmiro.5918

you wanna reward? … go to the ice cream shop and get one for yourself… ignorant ppl. you get free LS and thats about it… be happy you can still play even tho anet had power cut.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Patch is live, in case folks have not noticed.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Episode 4 release time?

Ashantara.8731

Where is that official feedback thread again? I’m in love!