Exclusive Tournament of Legends only mini...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

welp I signed up for ToL to get an exclusive llama finisher but they added it in the gemstore right before the tournament.

wouldn’t be surprised if they did it again

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

This is just a way to try and FORCE some people into an area they don’t want to be in, because, there ARE those that will go to any length for a stupid minipet.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Well, for me, anything that goes in the Special category can be like that.

As long as Special doesn’t have a related achievement track, and as long as the miniature is not “one time”. Even if it takes 5 years or more, they must make it available again. Not hand it out for free or anything like that, just available again, in another tournament or some limited time PvP track or something.

I’m only against “once in a lifetime” stuff and “limited achievement accessibility”.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m tempted to play just so I can have a chance to get the Mini Llama, and then come to the forums to post pics to show it off. What we need next is exclusive WvW minis for reaching high ranks. Perhaps a Mini Penguin for hitting WvW Rank 1,000?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Let the game have some exclusive items, it is good to have something that have any prestige, that is something GW2 is really lacking.

In gw1 there was some mini pets given as rewards from some events, a good example is the Mad King’s Guard that was given as reward in 3 events that happened in the Halloween, so right now there is only 66 of those minis in game, also the Kanaxai for 2 art contests, so currently there are only 2 in game, so have any of those is VERY prestigious, unlike anything in game right now.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

My Thought:

-pvp players don’t care about useless mini pets so this reward is useless
-pve completionist players care about this reward and 99% they won’t be able to get it.

So:

- pvp players unhappy (bad unique reward)
- pve players unhappy (can’t get it)

the idea of unique reward for this tournament is good but anet chose the wrong reward (they could choose weapons/armor/finisher/title, basically everything lol)

gg

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

My Thought:

-pvp players don’t care about useless mini pets so this reward is useless
-pve completionist players care about this reward and 99% they won’t be able to get it.

So:

- pvp players unhappy (bad unique reward)
- pve players unhappy (can’t get it)

the idea of unique reward for this tournament is good but anet chose the wrong reward (they could choose weapons/armor/finisher/title, basically everything lol)

gg

You’ll probably be able to sell that mini on TP, so PvP player will get tons of gold and the PvE player will be able to brag as he wants, both sides happy.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

We need a system that rewards better pvp players with better items. This is one step tiwards that goal.

Ranger | Elementalist

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Here’s a solution to all the complainers’ problems: Join the tourney and win the mini. You don’t have to win outright, per the news bulletin.

If you don’t get the mini, then it wasn’t meant to be.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

You’ll probably be able to sell that mini on TP, so PvP player will get tons of gold and the PvE player will be able to brag as he wants, both sides happy.

Of course, if you can sell an exclusive reward on tp, it’s a completely joke.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

welp I signed up for ToL to get an exclusive llama finisher but they added it in the gemstore right before the tournament.

wouldn’t be surprised if they did it again

Well, they did state in the twitch stream about the tol that the llama finisher would be coming to the store shortly after. The winners would just be getting it in advance. Most of knew that we’d see it in the store..

As for the mini though… nothing has been said (yet) about other means of acquisitions. So, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

While the collectors (myself included) will sign up for the tournament, this exclusivity is a slap in the face specially if all teams are not awarded this mini.

Most spvp players don’t care about such a reward, not to mention you can’t even bring out a mini during pvp gameplay.

This reward just doesn’t fit in this category.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I realy dont care for minis. They are nothing special nor nothing that you should get hyped over. If you want dat mini so badly then go and enter the competition. Eventhough i still dont see how its the end of the world if you dont get it???

As for legendaries- OP would you have shut up if anet would have announced something like “3000g for each of the winners”?
The only logical reason i see for anet pronoucning that winners will get legendaries is cause it seems like its the only none dull reward comparing to something like gold for example.

People allways find something to moan over.

I don’t think you understand OP’s point of view. There are many complaints found in these forums but this is actually a legitimate point.
There is a large number of collectors out there who have spent a considerable amount of time, money and effort to keep up with a mini collection, this will be the last straw for many such players.
Also most such collectors are only asking for an alternate way of acquiring this mini, if that is not something feasible then Anet should make sure its possible to sell this on the TP.

No, OP already stated he spent money on the gem store for his (exclusive) minis (hence his threat to not spend any more money on the gem store). That is not him putting time or effort, just money. Effort to complete his collection would be him entering a PvP tournament to try and earn yet another piece for his collection. That’s effort. Confirming your saved CC information and then clicking on the button for the mini sets in the gem store is not effort, nor time. And before the argument for time spent earning money is made; if he has a regular job, he has to already put that time in to get that money. He isn’t putting in extra time to get these minis. He’s merely buying them. That’s about as little effort as it takes.

Now of course there are minis that cannot be purchased that do require effort, such as mini-Liadri. But if OP is willing to put the time and effort into getting mini-Liadri, then that time and effort needs to also be put into the tournament. If he indeed is an actual collector. When he decided to collect minis, there was no stipulation that they would only be available from X type of game play. There was always the possibility there could be exclusive minis available from WvW, PvP, maybe even some exclusive local event that he literally would be unable to even attend. He should prepare himself now for those possibilities.

TL:DR- He doesn’t have the luxury of being able to collect all minis while only playing game types he wants to.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Bah, Draknar beat me to it. If this Llama is sellable, my Liadri better be too

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

ZilentNight.5089

I have played every aspect of the game, the only minis which I purchased were the ones sold directly for gems. Since converting gold to gems is just not worth it.
At the same time, I felt that I am supporting a game that has consistently provided us with great content and updates.

I have 4 champ titles in tpvp and I was a shark pre-rank nerf patch,(dragon post patch ofc) so trust me I am better than many pvp players out there. All my rank has been earned by playing tpvp. Yet my concern mainly has to do with the distribution of these rewards.

I might be a good pvp player but I certainly do not claim to be in the top leader boards and will most likely not be able to end up in the top few spots. However, I will definitely be entering the tournament.

With that said, I still feel jipped by Anet for creating a super “exclusive” mini which might only be awarded to a hand-full of players due to the effort I have put towards acquiring the previous ones. Now if all participants get awarded this mini or it is trade-able then I have no issues with this reward.

Posted by: johnkolbert.5186

johnkolbert.5186

@ Draknar “He’s merely buying them. That’s about as little effort as it takes.”

You have no idea what you are blabbering about if you think that you can have an entire collection of minis by just “buying them.”
OP must have put a heck of a lot of effort if he has a full collection.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

I find it odd that those who support this “exclusive” reward are people who dont even collect minis themselves, and hence dont seem to understand what it feels like for us who do, or maybe they just dont want to understand, i dont know. All this comes across as is on the level of “haha you cant have the shiny stop whining”. A collectible should never be that near impossible to actually achieve, seeing how it is limited to, at best, 640 Mini Llamas total, or more realistically, a mere 40. One or the other per X Million players. that is far from fair.

Posted by: Dave.1905

Dave.1905

maybe it’s not supposed to be a collectible..?

North Carolina/Blue Oyster Cult/The Doors/Fleetwood Mac
State of Keg Brawl 2013

AysonCurrax.3254

maybe it’s not supposed to be a collectible..?

oh. I am pretty sure minipets just so happen to be in the COLLECTIBLE tab of the bank, though. just a little nudge there.

Dave.1905

yeah, that’s why they’re releasing 640 of them. they’re intended to be collected by everyone

State of Keg Brawl 2013

Warcry.1596

I agree Zilent, but if its not tradeable then it is no different than Liadri mini, if one is tradeable, both should be

AysonCurrax.3254

false. It is available again as one of the WvW Tournament rewards that are not yet available yet, if i remember correctly. Pretty sure most if not all special minis have been made available, and probably still are, on the game store ever since the festival of the four winds started. seasonal ones tend to return too. you can also get quite a couple of them through the festival ticket npc. so there goes your point.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I don’t get this obsession from Anet to make ’’exclusive’’ miniatures.
There’s loads of people who collect them. They even pay gems to collect them.
You’re just giving them the boot.

So, on the drawing board… lets talk rewards.
Exclusive reward for PvP tournament?
- Oh, that sounds interesting. Like what did you have in mind?
Miniatures.
- Not exclusive PvP skins or cool things related to PvP?
No. Miniatures.
- Why?
Exclusive. Miniatures.
- What?

That’s literally how I imagine it to go. I can’t fathom any reason why they chose for this reward. And I don’t even collect/care about miniatures.
I don’t mind exclusive miniatures, whether by completing a limited event or something along those lines… but they have to be reasonable achievable to make collecting miniatures worth it. I honestly would not have an issue with a limited PvP reward track to give out an exclusive miniature that’s only available for 2 weeks.
I don’t see the correlation between miniatures and PvP though.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I believe the mini is intended to draw more people into trying pvp. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

After reading these comments I can say that it’s kind of a silly reward for PvPers as maybe a pvp skin and or a collection of high end mats and other stuff would have been better. The toxic comments from people who really wouldn’t even want this pet make me laugh. This community is just awful.

ZilentNight.5089

I agree Zilent, but if its not tradeable then it is no different than Liadri mini, if one is tradeable, both should be

Warcry it is not the same at all. Let me explain.

Liadri could be acquired by ALL gw2 players when the patch had first hit.
Mini Llama can only be acquired by possibly 128*5 = 640 players.
There are more than hundreds of thousands of players that play this game.
And this is the best case scenario that they actually award this mini to all participants, which I will still find acceptable.

So one is available for all players to get, whereas the other is gated only to 640(best case scenario) more than likely only the top teams will get it and that will destroy the dreams of many collectors if it is not sell-able.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I believe the mini is intended to draw more people into trying pvp. Nothing more, nothing less.

If that should be the solely laughable intention, then thehy should just better put into the game a temporary PvP reward Track, for say 2 weeks that rewards the player with the unique minipet, if they collect in that time enough fame from playing in PvP, regardless if now in the tournament, or not.

That would have been a ton times better solution then, that doesn’t annoy PvE’ers as much, as like making out of that just a stupid event for basically elitist PvP’ers only in a tournament, where PvE’ers most likely have absolutely no chance at all to win anything at all.

Somestimes i really think, Anet has absolutely no clues on how they should design well their reward structures for the whole game.
They seem to always mess up it by makiong the rewards either totally pitiful and way too less.
Or they fail with it by making it absolutely way over the top too much, so that they have to stealth fix the junk they created and try to keep the economical damage to the game as low as possible…

or they just make something, that feels like this here, putting oil into a fire that just leads to the point, that they create with these weird rewards that are totally unfitting and unfair/unthought out as well just a big peep storm in one of the both community factions, be it either the PvE Players or the PvP players.

The king discipline is it just only then to make something, that just kittenes of both sides at the same time.

Priceless

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If that should be the solely laughable intention, then thehy should just better put into the game a temporary PvP reward Track, for say 2 weeks that rewards the player with the unique minipet, if they collect in that time enough fame from playing in PvP, regardless if now in the tournament, or not.

That would have been a ton times better solution then, that doesn’t annoy PvE’ers as much, as like making out of that just a stupid event for basically elitist PvP’ers only in a tournament, where PvE’ers most likely have absolutely no chance at all to win anything at all.

chuckle

It’s not hard to believe that they might do it for such a purpose. It’s why they chose legendaries and gifts as rewards for the initial ToL, to get more people to try it (and it worked, go figure). They used a mini, and then a title, as rewards for the gauntlet, to get people to do the ‘skilled’ content (fully expecting that not all would achieve it). I mean its logically sound (and follows tradition) that they would stick a mini in pvp as well.

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

Well when you guys are complaining on the forums pretty sure there is some guys really into miniature forming his team for TOL.

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

I find it odd that those who support this “exclusive” reward are people who dont even collect minis themselves, and hence dont seem to understand what it feels like for us who do, or maybe they just dont want to understand, i dont know. All this comes across as is on the level of “haha you cant have the shiny stop whining”. A collectible should never be that near impossible to actually achieve, seeing how it is limited to, at best, 640 Mini Llamas total, or more realistically, a mere 40. One or the other per X Million players. that is far from fair.

And I suppose you just don’t understand the viewpoint of those who vie for limited edition or limited quantity items and the notion of having something so rare, or maybe you just don’t want to understand. Your own stance is a demand for every thing to be shared just because someone might otherwise not be able to satisfy their ambition of having every opportunity open to them, even though there are others who, because of its scarcity, are willing to put that much more of themselves into getting something.

If the item is that rare and the competition for it is that fierce and you want it that badly, you’re just going to have to up your game and get it.

I honestly would not have an issue with a limited PvP reward track to give out an exclusive miniature that’s only available for 2 weeks.

So exclusive minis are bad because then minipet collectors will have a hard time collecting all the minis, but exclusive skins are fine because nobody cares about skin collectors. Or maybe it could be an exclusive title, because nobody cares about title collectors. Or maybe it could be an exclusive tonic, because nobody cares about tonic collectors. Minipets are of course the only thing that anyone could ever collect in this game and it is such a travesty that an exclusive prize would be a minipet instead of any other thing in the game, which couldn’t possibly be collected.

You wouldn’t have a problem with a PvP track only available for two weeks because that’s doable with time and effort and has nothing to do with scarcity and demand for skill.

Well when you guys are complaining on the forums pretty sure there is some guys really into miniature forming his team for TOL.

Whining is easier than winning.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

Warcry.1596

Well ya :p i know that Zilent. But, i just get tired of inconsistencies.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Even if you are a pvp player there is no guarantee you’ll be able to obtain this mini. So it isn’t just for pvp players but for those who are able to put a team together and do well enough to qualify. How many of those players would rather have something functional to show their prowess over a mini pet?

As for those who are saying mini collectors feel entitled. It’s not about being entitled to the pet. People are willing to work for it, pay for it in some cases. But with such a limited field it’s going to be tough to obtain. If it’s sellable then even with a limited supply it’s still obtainable no matter the cost. But there is a very real possibility that it won’t be.

You might say that you don’t need every mini pet in the game, or that it’s ok for your collection to have holes. Maybe that is true, but how many of these collectors are going to stop buying from the gem store when their collections are now forever incomplete. That is a simple fact. Perhaps this is a super small number of players but I would bet it still adds a fair bit of income to the gem store because those people spend on every mini pet, and often time double because of how they are often forged.

If there is a mini that is locked behind something like this and AN is ok with that notion then that is fine, but expect there to be a lot less collectors. And with it a lot of complaints.

eekzie.5640

I honestly would not have an issue with a limited PvP reward track to give out an exclusive miniature that’s only available for 2 weeks.

So exclusive minis are bad because then minipet collectors will have a hard time collecting all the minis, but exclusive skins are fine because nobody cares about skin collectors. Or maybe it could be an exclusive title, because nobody cares about title collectors. Or maybe it could be an exclusive tonic, because nobody cares about tonic collectors. Minipets are of course the only thing that anyone could ever collect in this game and it is such a travesty that an exclusive prize would be a minipet instead of any other thing in the game, which couldn’t possibly be collected.

You wouldn’t have a problem with a PvP track only available for two weeks because that’s doable with time and effort and has nothing to do with scarcity and demand for skill.

Whining is easier than winning.

Exclusive =/= hard.
It’s already impossible for a lot of people to collect all skins. For a variety of reasons.
Therefor adding one more to an already incomplete collection isn’t as bad as the miniature.
Give them an exclusive statue. Name a skin after them. Name a miniature after them.
Do something that does not conflict with what people like to do in your game.
The reason people care so much about the miniatures has a long history dating back to GW1. There’s a very good reason why people like collecting them.

Giving a special finisher for instance would not be that big of deal, simply for the fact that there’s very little thought behind ‘’collecting finishers’’.

I also wouldn’t mind a hard miniature to get in PvP. Like, really hard.
Look back to how GW1 handled this. The miniature Ghostly Hero had a chance of dropping after winning in the Hall of Heroes.

TL:DR
You totally missed the point. Miniature collecting should be hard. Should not be exclusive to participating in random one time events. That doesn’t mean it’s hard. It means it’s put behind a wall.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

KOPPER.1458

Also there are already locked finishers. Which also make more sense as a reward in pvp.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Déjà vu

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/merged-Mini-Mr-Sparkles/first

I would not be so concerned with not having one of every specific type of item.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Dave.1905

Look back to how GW1 handled this. The miniature Ghostly Hero had a chance of dropping after winning in the Hall of Monuments.

Hall of Heroes*

State of Keg Brawl 2013

eekzie.5640

Look back to how GW1 handled this. The miniature Ghostly Hero had a chance of dropping after winning in the Hall of Monuments.

Hall of Heroes*

Herpy’d. Thanks

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This is just a way to try and FORCE some people into an area they don’t want to be in, because, there ARE those that will go to any length for a stupid minipet.

Seriously….FORCE them?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Moderator)

KOPPER.1458

I think he means they “feel” forced. AN can’t and aren’t forcing you, but they are doing their best to entice you. I know I feel enticed, even if I don’t have a shot at making the cut. That is the more depressing realization for myself.

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

Exclusive =/= hard.

No, you’re wrong. The more scarce (exclusive) something is and the greater demand there is to have it, the more effort will have to be put out to acquire it, in order to outdo the efforts of everyone else who didn’t get it.

It’s already impossible for a lot of people to collect all skins. For a variety of reasons.
Therefor adding one more to an already incomplete collection isn’t as bad as the miniature.

This is also true for miniatures. There are miniatures in the game which are not obtainable anymore, and thus adding another to an already incomplete collection is not a concern.

Give them an exclusive statue. Name a skin after them. Name a miniature after them.
Do something that does not conflict with what people like to do in your game.
The reason people care so much about the miniatures has a long history dating back to GW1.

Another game with collectable items in such scarcity that not everyone was going to have one.

Hall of Heroes.

The Hall of Heroes had a tournament-like structure in that you often (without gaming the timer for skips) had to fight several other teams before reaching the final map where you could make an attempt at claiming a prize. The Tournament of Legends is similar, except with limited entry, limited frequency, and guaranteed payouts that extend below first place. The difficulty in both comes from matching your skills in and knowledge of the game and coordination with your team against those of everyone you face.

But I guess that’s not hard enough. Pre-nerf drop rates for Chaos of Lyssa are what should determine difficulty for acquiring miniatures. Got it.

You totally missed the point. Miniature collecting should be hard. Should not be exclusive to participating in random one time events. That doesn’t mean it’s hard. It means it’s put behind a wall.

Scarcity of individual items and volume of content are what make collecting hard. Some things that people collect are just very limited in quantity. The people who get to complete their collections are the ones that do the work to make it happen.

This may not be the last Tournament of Legends and may not be the last time for people to get this item. If they don’t get it this time around, they can try again next time, and if they never end up getting it, then they didn’t want it bad enough, and that’s too bad for them.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

KOPPER.1458

This may not be the last Tournament of Legends and may not be the last time for people to get this item. If they don’t get it this time around, they can try again next time, and if they never end up getting it, then they didn’t want it bad enough, and that’s too bad for them.

Only if it’s going to work this way. At this point we simply don’t know enough.

and if they never end up getting it, then they didn’t want it bad enough, and that’s too bad for them

This isn’t true either. You could put in thousands of hours or practice and searching for a team and still just come up short. There is a skill required to even qualify. It’s not that all teams qualify, there is a cut off and in order to make that cut off there is a certain amount of skill required. You can have all the desire in the world and still not have the skill.

Again the flip side is: Are you ok with losing revenue on mini sales because X number of collectors now feel excluded? I would suspect that Mr Sparkles wasn’t originally intended for the 50 dollars sale but he became that way eventually.

Also isn’t the deadline for registration tomorrow? 24 hours to find and put together a team? Seems kind of short notice.

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I agree with op, and I feel for you. I by no means care if I obtain the mini pet or not. But I feel that this is unfair for the players that actually fund the game, and does not want to pvp or does not have a team to participate in this event. I have played this game since 2012, and even I did not find 4 other people that want to participate in this “legendary tournament” with me. I would love to enter the tournament if it wasn’t for the team thing. It is hard to find 4 other people to enter with. There can only be 128 teams, that’s a bit too limiting. Please add in the option for you to enter as a single player too, so loners like myself can enter.

I would like to also point out the collectors like OP are funding the game. At least make the mini obtainable by other means, so they can be happy customer. If you give the paying customers what they want, the game will live longer.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

The Moderation Team has cleaned up this thread. We do not mind if you debate or express yourselves on this topic, but please be respectful to each other when you do. Please leave out the insults and rude comments. Thank you.

eekzie.5640

Exclusive =/= hard.

No, you’re wrong. The more scarce (exclusive) something is and the greater demand there is to have it, the more effort will have to be put out to acquire it, in order to outdo the efforts of everyone else who didn’t get it.

Simple example:

I give out 5 miniatures to random people in the game. They are account bound.
These are now the most exclusive items in the game.
Were they hard to obtain for them? No.

There are plenty of things where there is a great demand, and great effort, but there’s no actual skill required to achieve it. Perfect example is one you’ve already given.
The chaos of lyssa is not hard to obtain. It’s really easy.
Why is it exclusive? Because of low drop rates. It is not hard to get. Simply buy it off the TP.

The difference in the ToL and the HoH was that the ToL is a temporary event.
The actual difficulty from getting the miniature here is the setup of the event. Only ‘x’ amount of people can get it. It is not a time constriction like for certain miniatures.

You’ve also given good examples of a miniature that was fairly difficult to obtain. For several reasons: time contstraint, limited drop rates and you have to have a top score. The only limit there was how often the event occured. And here lies the issue with the ToL. If they give out the lama every time, it’s not special for the top players. So it doesn’t seem to be reoccuring. And on top of that, the ToL limits people to set up a party of other people. And since we don’t know how the rewards will be handled, it could end up being really easy to obtain for the parties that got into the ToL. And if you’re too late? Tough luck.

So all in all I think it’s a very bad reward for the people who get it.
And it’s a bad item for the people who want it but can’t get it.
Too many restrictions on something that shouldn’t have it in my opinion.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Entitled much?

If you want the mini, enter the tournament. It’s just that simple.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

God forbid pvp players get something exclusive everyone once in awhile like pve/dungeons/wvw.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t mind seeing the Llama mini be tradable. Or that another way of obtaining them becomes available down the line. (e.g. a special once-off reward track, or you get one when you reach Dragon rank)

For every player who wants something exclusive, there’s another player who got the item but doesn’t want it, and would rather sell it for gold.

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Prediction: it’s account bound and exclusive

December 2014: spend 50$ on gems to get the exclusive Llama mini pet ! Spend 10 to get the exclusive green Llama backpack!

:)

ya this was what i was thinking when i clicked on this thread lol

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Simple solution then is to ensure the minis aren’t account bound.

If the item is rewarded essentially for just turning up, sure, but if it is rewarded for doing well, then no.

There should be items in the game which are awarded to skilled players who complete content/win something, not to players with free gold to burn.

Although the Liadri encounter was easy, the mini still has a fair bit more gravitas (with many) than the other minis simply because it demonstrated that you could actually do something, other than simply going on the TP or gem exchange and spending gold/money.

The game needs more skill centric specific, non tradeable rewards, not less of them.

Let’s say you get a special skin for soloing a dungeon or winning a tournament, said skin would demonstrate you are capable of doing said feat. It would mean something (in game terms). Now, as soon as that skin becomes tradeable, it is devalued in skill/exclusivity terms because any old random could farm gold and buy it.

There’s nothing wrong with exclusive items, but for a collector type item such as mini pets, there’s no reason to deny those people access to the item.

Finishers seem the obvious choice, having been given out to content specific stuff, including tournaments.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

Finally Anet decide to make something that is truly exclusive and require true skills, and people blame them for this, and the worst thing is that the OP have 7 legendaries, LOL.
This game is not only for the PvE farmers and TP flippers you know…

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!