Feedback/Questions: Legendaries in Wardrobe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

Alyssah Shyles – (Shirokami Kyoudan, Fuse Midori, Hinata Ema, Kimishima Kana)
Administrative Guild Leader of The Luminiferous Constellation [Lumi] on Kaineng US
www.luminiferous-constellation.com

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Actually this doesn’t really change the dual legendary issue, since ascended are account bound as well, no one in their right mind would craft a duplicate legendary after this update, because it is now most definetly cheaper and more functional to mass produce ascended equipment and move it between characters.

1. Make legendary
2. Make the primary ascended weapon stat combos you use (2-3 for most players)
3. Skin legendary over them
4. Add unique sigils (more functional than stat swapping legendaries)
5. Save 2000+ gold because you didn’t need to craft the legendary again for your 2nd skin

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

From another thread, but relevant to this one (poster is Token.5098):

To be honest, now they’re making legendaries account bound I don’t get why the skins should be in the wardrobe. It’ll only make everyone have legenadaries everywhere and when I see a legenadary I want to know it is in fact a legendary not a lvl 12 weapon transmuted to look like one. People are gonna be able to swap em around anyway now.

Given that most of the people in here who wanted legendaries available in the wardrobe wanted to use their Twilight or Kudzu on all of their alts, is this satisfactory? I think having the legendaries account-bound but not eligible for the wardrobe would make a lot of sense. Nitpick all you like about whether legendaries are still “prestigious,” but they are still the most difficult and expensive weapons in the game to obtain. It makes sense to me conceptually for legendaries (including all future legendaries) to be exempt from the new skinning system.

~bird princess~

Actually this doesn’t really change the dual legendary issue, since ascended are account bound as well, no one in their right mind would craft a duplicate legendary after this update, because it is now most definetly cheaper and more functional to mass produce ascended equipment and move it between characters.

1. Make legendary
5. Save 2000+ gold because you didn’t need to craft the legendary again for your 2nd skin

Same goes with the current system, but you craft your second for the skin. BiS is just the added bonus. Skin your only legendary over them? That means you will only have one ascended legendary. If they’re making legendaries and ascended account bound “instead”, they should be exempted from the Wardrobe.

Administrative Guild Leader of The Luminiferous Constellation [Lumi] on Kaineng US

(edited by Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109)

Posted by: Splid.6147

Splid.6147

So long as Legendary Weapons are limited to Account Bound and kept OUT of the wardrobe, this is a perfect change. Those with 2 Incinerators etc can enjoy them both, those with 1 can enjoy their single one.

My concern is that the clamouring from the community of single Legendary users will be very large indeed as the ‘something-for-nothing’ culture in this game is ridiculous.

Posted by: Squall.8704

Squall.8704

Making legendaries account bound has nothing to do with this thread now. Yes we can switch the item to another caracter, but that is not the wardrobe is there for. Wardrobe is only used for skins… And then again, it’s not only about legendaries, what about fractals skins like alot of people said. What if someone with 2 fractal dagger is complaining for others not to have fractal daggers skinnable…? This line isn’t drawable, so quit asking for it to be drawn. Let the developpers release this feature, profite of it as much as you can and live with early decisions you made. I kinda regret right now buying t3 multiple times on multiple character, but I can easily live with it.

(edited by Squall.8704)

hazenvirus.8154

1. Make legendary

Same goes with the current system, but you craft your second for the skin. BiS is just the added bonus. Skin your only legendary over them? That means you will only have one ascended legendary. If they’re making legendaries and ascended account bound “instead”, they should be exempted from the Wardrobe.

Yes, you would have the legendary skin in your wardrobe. I like the idea of exempting certain items, but where does anet draw the line. Infinite light and mjolnir for example don’t fit with this.

Compensation for duplicates still seems like the best route. Vendor that takes two of the same item and gives back one of the same and one different item maybe? It seems like there is no good way to correct this without compensation although that could be a lot of work for support staff or coding a vendor with adequate compensation for each situation.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Some random thoughts overall:

We may see an increase in people dual wielding (skins) of a single legendary. Are some automatically assuming that another person doing this, didn’t earn it? Would seeing someone else doing this, offend you?

What is the value of the time spent before wardrobe change, in gold? The time that a player spent showing that they have two of one legendary, while others didn’t. ANet can’t guarantee that everyone will benefit greatly in future patches. It isn’t fair, no. But life (life includes this game) isn’t fair.

Are people seriously going to copypasta their legendary skin across all their characters? I have Sunrise on my Guardian currently, and may put it on my light colored Warrior. I’m not even considering throwing it on my second Warrior, Ranger, or Mesmer. Or Infinite Light on my Mesmer. I could replace Bonetti’s Rapier on my Guardian, but I’m not going to.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Sir Arthur.8905

Sir Arthur.8905

Why would you take something so valuable, scoop out it’s insides and make it common? I understand accound bound legendaries, but infinite copies of it for all my alts has made having one a kitten joke. You are ruining the point and feel of even making one. This is not “Legendary” this is legendary becoming something as common as that gold star nobody notices for world complete. As common as the FDS that looked badazz until you realized everyone had one…. or two on.

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

How dyes affect the ele legendary weapons? I mean less dyes means it will be harder to get the ele staff bitfrost. I don’t think this is fair to people who have been working on their legendary weapons.

Sera.6539

How dyes affect the ele legendary weapons? I mean less dyes means it will be harder to get the ele staff bitfrost.

They are lowering the unidentified dye cost for Bifrost from 250 to 100.

Squall.8704

Why would you take something so valuable, scoop out it’s insides and make it common? I understand accound bound legendaries, but infinite copies of it for all my alts has made having one a kitten joke. You are ruining the point and feel of even making one. This is not “Legendary” this is legendary becoming something as common as that gold star nobody notices for world complete. As common as the FDS that looked badazz until you realized everyone had one…. or two on.

Once again, like many people said, this won’t increase the amount of legendaries in-game, you still can only play character at a time and thus as far as I know have only 1 legendary, wether it is on your guardian or on your warrior, there still is only one at a time… Still won’t be a kitten joke… Gold star uncommon, same thing with so much others and legendary will be acount bound anyway.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I can’t believe people are still arguing for this. This is a blessing, no matter if you had 2 incinerator or bolt, doesn’t mean you’re not going to benefice from this. I have a friend who made 2 Greatswords because he needed different sigil, I can guaranteed he didn’t even care about the fact he could have save 2k gold, all he though about was how nice this was going to be.

This is not about making legendaries more available it’s about making EVERYONE’s life easier.

This is the Flamekissed situation ALL OVER again, just because 10 kittened off kid wasted a couple gold we are going to loose something nice. Think about it, is it worth sacrificing this feature for 2-3k gold?

hazenvirus.8154

I can’t believe people are still arguing for this. This is a blessing, no matter if you had 2 incinerator or bolt, doesn’t mean you’re not going to benefice from this. I have a friend who made 2 Greatswords because he needed different sigil, I can guaranteed he didn’t even care about the fact he could have save 2k gold, all he though about was how nice this was going to be.

This is not about making legendaries more available it’s about making EVERYONE’s life easier.

This is the Flamekissed situation ALL OVER again, just because 10 kittened off kid wasted a couple gold we are going to loose something nice. Think about it, is it worth sacrificing this feature for 2-3k gold?

Cool lets make it 2-3k gold to activate the wardrobe and any duplicate items count toward that cost! Seems fair… the fact that they did do this for flamekissed makes me think that they have to consider and come up with a fair solution for dual legendaries.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

LEGENDARIES SHOULD BE EXEMPTED FROM THIS WARDROBE SYSTEM TO MAINTAIN ITS LEGENDARY STATUS….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Once again, like many people said, this won’t increase the amount of legendaries in-game, you still can only play character at a time and thus as far as I know have only 1 legendary, wether it is on your guardian or on your warrior, there still is only one at a time… Still won’t be a kitten joke… Gold star uncommon, same thing with so much others and legendary will be acount bound anyway.

You may have 1 legendary, but people with 1 incinerator can display 2. It doesn’t increase the legendary statted items, but it would increase the amount of legendaries visually.

“Oh everyone’s got dual incins, I’ll give up on it”

Posted by: KHSchneider.7419

KHSchneider.7419

For people who created/bought the same legendary AGAIN for the same character or another, you made a decision at that time with the circumstances/rules that were in the game at the moment. Just like real life, decisions, you buy something, it’s cheaper later by A B C means, you don´t get a refund / treated special.

Be proud of your character and the work you invested on him to look like it is. Grow up a little and stop worrying about how others spend less or more time, or less or more money for their legendaries.

Having said that, I agree with some of the posts where owners of dual legendaries (not the skin) should have more effects / bigger footprints, but that should’ve been on the game from before, not because of the april patch.

Squall.8704

LEGENDARIES SHOULD BE EXEMPTED FROM THIS WARDROBE SYSTEM TO MAINTAIN ITS LEGENDARY STATUS….

That would be quite sad to be honest… But ANet shall pick. I’m done here, too much selfishness shown by dual wielders. It’s all about them or nothing.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I, personally, think those people arguing for compensation are shooting themselves in the foot. Think about it: It’s basically saying “I do not want to be held responsible for my own actions and decisions I made as a responsible human being!”

Does that strike anyone as extremely childish and, yes, selfish?
Someone else said they vendored silk shortly before the release of the ascended armour. I did that, too. Do we whine for compensation? We don’t. Any mature human being should understand that asking for compensation after making the decision to craft a duplicate legendary makes you seem like someone who is simply not willing to be responsible for their own life. And no, there’s no difference between “bad real-life decision” and “bad ingame decision”. It’s a choice you made, and as countless others said, you have to live with it, period.

By now, I really hope there won’t be any kind of compensation for anyone.

Edit: A legendary will still be a legendary; still proof of the time and effort invested in making it. There’s no reason to not be proud to have two of the same, even if others get the look without paying the price. If you are that much in need of praise and acknowledgement by others, I can’t help but think you need to rethink your priorities…

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

(edited by Red Queen.7915)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

People make it seem like Legendary Weapons are a prestige thing. They aren’t, they are just a really expensive skin and/or a huge time sink.

Time is important. Regardless of how you obtain it it still takes a lot of effort. Unless you were born into riches and use someone elses money to buy it with gems.

Although because that’s possible I consider Yellow SAB weapons the best prestige skins in game. :P As well as Liadri mini.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

People basically want the things for themselves, that is it.
I have no sympathy anylonger cause this thread is turning to selfish desires, nothing more and nothing less.

hazenvirus.8154

That would be quite sad to be honest… But ANet shall pick. I’m done here, too much selfishness shown by dual wielders. It’s all about them or nothing.

And who is more selfish, the people defending the system so they can have an additional 2-3k gold skin free, or the people who already have their skins and would like to be compensated?

We aren’t asking for the system to change if we can be compensated. Also how does us being compensated effect you? If anet says “Oh sorry about that change just pick a different legendary,” how will it negatively impact your gameplay experience?

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

I am all for the change, I have dual bolts. I am just excited to have the skin for my other alts. Things change in every game unfortunately you can not please everyone.

I do not expect a refund or compensation.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

And who is more selfish, the people defending the system so they can have an additional 2-3k gold skin free, or the people who already have their skins and would like to be compensated?

We aren’t asking for the system to change if we can be compensated. Also how does us being compensated effect you? If anet says “Oh sorry about that change just pick a different legendary,” how will it negatively impact your gameplay experience?

It wouldn’t. And I don’t think anyone is saying that’s not a good idea.

But it’s anet’s decision and not yours or mine or anyone else. There’s no reason to keep legendaries out of the wardrobe, but yes, I think you should be compensated in a way that does not destroy the market and doesn’t make the wardrobe less awesome .

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Squall.8704

Just as Lilith Ajit.6173 said…

This won’t anyhow impact my gameplay, I said many times (clearly you haven’t read my posts) that compensation would be a great thing. But please, I beg of you, quit saying we’re gaining a free 2-3k item, as we aren’t and you know that. The legendary isn’t ‘only’ the skin… Stop with this stupidity.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

It doesn’t. Just as it won’t negatively affect you when others get a second skin “for free” (ridiculous since they worked for the legendary, if less than you did). The point is that this will open a can of worms that Anet likely won’t be able to close again. If they give in this time, who will come running next? They’d set a precedent saying that they are willing to change the rules if enough people complain, regardless of the actual usefulness of that change. I fully understand if Anet doesn’t make any changes to the wardrobe and doesn’t “compensate” anyone, either.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t be bummed if I had just made a duplicate legendary (I’d be overjoyed as well, though, because it’d mean I have two legendaries), but I’d say to myself “Well, no way of knowing this beforehand, so no use getting angry about this.” Because, you know, real life works like this as well.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

ERRR…. I ONLY HAVE 1 BOLT, 1 KUDZU, AND 1 TWILIGHT… NO DUAL WIELDING….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Then everyone with duplicates of everythng should be compensated? No? This is the issue. If you compensate for one you must do it for all. To me this is all about just feeling special that, hey look at me, I put so much time and effort into getting duplicate legendaries. Sorry, but legendaries are not what you think they are anymore. I could go right now and buy them all if I wanted to but think it is quite pointless to do so.

As I said, no compensation and no refunds. You still have your two legendaries and that should be good enough for you. Simple as that.

Squall.8704

You still have your two legendaries and that should be good enough for you. Simple as that.

Quote for truth, thought I still think a refund would be welcome for them. But still they keep their legendaries, nothing lost, so much gained… Sto with this non sense guys.

hazenvirus.8154

This won’t anyhow impact my gameplay, I said many times (clearly you haven’t read my posts) that compensation would be a great thing. But please, I beg of you, quit saying we’re gaining a free 2-3k item, as we aren’t and you know that. The legendary isn’t ‘only’ the skin… Stop with this stupidity.

No the stat swapping was a nice but unnecessary feature and partially broken feature due to sigils. People made legendaries before it for the same amount of time and money (taking inflation into account). Take the price of 2-3 ascended weapon stats you might use and take that away from the cost of the second legendary. That is what you save, but you have a more functional setup because of sigils.

This is not stupidity, skins are the primary reason legendaries are made and the fact that they were made before they got ascended swappable stats supports this.

Squall.8704

When will people understand that this line can’t be drawn? It is never, ever, gonna be fair for everyone. Go on with feature and enjoy instead of caring about something already past and most likely trying to cut off this upcoming feature. The game has to somehow evolve and it is right now. Let everyone enjoy, everyone.

The coiche would be impossible to make for many of us as it’s not only about legendaries (as often stated before in this thread… people need to read before posting). It’s always gonna be unfair for someone, either go with the 99% players or with the 1% that thinks it’s unfair.

ANet, don’t remove this feature as it’ll hurt more than anything else done with it. Compensate those who did as you wish, but don’t make this feature go to waste.

Currently, the legendary isn’t only the skin, but for one a half years when it was first out, yes it was. We know that legendaries are currently BiS, but that’s because after the Ascended gear came out, more development on Legendary weapons have been made. Most people in MMOs like looking good, people maintain the legendary skin because it looks good, and people would know that that is a legendary, for example Sunrise or Twilight.

There are thousands of people who refuse to make Sunrise or Twilight because they are everywhere, and it lost it’s prestigious factor, yes, but if let’s say Twilight and Sunrise skins were Exotic skins, and the Legendary GS skins were Dusk and Dawn instead, with no particle effects, more people would go for the Twilight and Dawn exotic counterparts rather than maintaining the Dusk and Dawn skins just for the stats. I’m not saying everyone would do this, but people work for skins because they look good. People who have dual Infinite Lights, multiple Mjolnirs, Volcani, Foefire weapons, worked hard for those, as it shows people work for the skins. Telling people that once you craft one skin you can have unlimited amounts of those skins, makes the people who actually worked for them to be disappointed with the company.

To people who still don’t understand, go craft two Infinite Lights right this moment, after knowing this patch would be coming. You will be hesitant. It’s just a skin with exotic stats, you’ll just wait for the new update so you don’t waste hundreds of gold.

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

When will people understand that this line can’t be drawn? It is never, ever, gonna be fair for everyone. Go on with feature and enjoy instead of caring about something already past and most likely trying to cut off this upcoming feature. The game has to somehow evolve and it is right now. Let everyone enjoy, everyone.

The coiche would be impossible to make for many of us as it’s not only about legendaries (as often stated before in this thread… people need to read before posting). It’s always gonna be unfair for someone, either go with the 99% players or with the 1% that thinks it’s unfair.

ANet, don’t remove this feature as it’ll hurt more than anything else done with it. Compensate those who did as you wish, but don’t make this feature go to waste.

Agree, although I do not think they should be compensated either. As you said you need to draw the line. If they got compenstated, then how about all those with mulitple T3 sets, jade weapons, Fused weapons, etc etc. Should they not be compensated to then? If you compensate one group, than you would have to do it for all to be fair.
Sorry but that is not realistic.

Squall.8704

Agree, although I do not think they should be compensated either. As you said you need to draw the line. If they got compenstated, then how about all those with mulitple T3 sets, jade weapons, Fused weapons, etc etc. Should they not be compensated to then? If you compensate one group, than you would have to do it for all to be fair.

Yep, that is exactly how I see it, it’s impossible and way too complicated for them to make this change, just enjoy the featureas 99% will and bare with choices you made 7months? ago.

Posted by: Niteip.8301

Niteip.8301

Legendaries shouldnt be in wardrobe. Because;

- Legendary prices will sky fall.
- Everbody just will buy legendary then sell and then buy other till having all.
- Everybody will walk around with shinny skins. Moar clustering
- End game skins will be consist of just 9-10 skin.

pretty sure you have to have the item bound to get the skin so ummmmm yeah thats not going to happen.

Niteip.8301

Yep, that is exactly how I see it, it’s impossible and way too complicated for them to make this change, just enjoy the featureas 99% will and bare with choices you made 7months? ago.

Flip flop much? first you agree we should be compensated than you agree with this guy. you confuse me.

Squall.8704

Flip flop much? first you agree we should be compensated than you agree with this guy. you confuse me.

Nah, I agree on the part that it is nearly impossible for them to compensate everyone, sorry if you misunderstood me. I still think a compensation would be the best, but then who is to be compensated and how? You tell me.

(edited by Squall.8704)

Niteip.8301

I would bet the majority of the people that are against compensation are the ones scared they will lose the ability to skin legendaries. or are the ones exiceted to make quip, bolt or incinerator and then be able to have two skins. or only have 1 of quip bolt or incinerator.

Majority of people with two skins of one I am sure would have made a diff legendary if this was already in place.

There is nothing wrong for us to be compensated. If I knew about this I would have made bolt instead of second incinerator and I am sure the majority of the people complaining against compensation would feel the same if it happened to them.

I like the changes cause I have 1 quip and cant wait to spam 2 quips and annoy everyone. and was going to make 2 quips but not now.

I do have 2 incinerators and am upset cause i could have had a bolt instead of one. so I dont see how asking to be compensated is that big of a deal. they could do a lot of diff things like unbind so we can sell. allow us to pick a diff legendary. give us our mats back. give us the 3 major gifts and the precursor and mats back for the precursor gift.

non of that is going to hurt the person crying just deal with it. cause I would be the majority crying just deal with it would be wanting compensated if they were in the other situation.

Niteip.8301

Nah, I agree on the part that it is nearly impossible for them to compensate everyone, sorry if you misunderstood me. I still think a compensation would be the best, but then who is to be compensated and how? You tell me.

fair enough. and true it would be hard with all the other stuff too. but I am sure they can figure something out.

I dont even need to be compensated right away. as long as I know its going to happen. if we have to put in a support ticket and it takes a month or two because of the other types of items. Fine with me as long as I know there will be some type of compensation.

(edited by Niteip.8301)

Posted by: Splid.6147

Splid.6147

This thread became unproductive when every other reply was from 1 of 3 people.

I live in hope that the people in charge make choices which reflect the effort that ALL players put into this game.

Let’s just hope Legendaries are exempted from the Wardrobe entirely, like what you can deduce from the latest blog. It’s not a disadvantage if they didn’t release it, it won’t affect you or any others until it is released. It’s a broken aspect of the feature of Legendary weapons, with Eternity’s exploit and the dual wielder’s disadvantage, and we pointed it out. It’s great that Anet stepped in, at least we know we’re not the minority everyone thinks we are.

Sir Arthur.8905

Your grammar makes this hard to understand, but from what I think you are trying to say, I don’t think you have fully considered the consequences. This changes it from, specific characters carrying legendaries, to specific ACCOUNTS having legendaries.

You know plenty of people that have legendaries, but you don’t know many that have legendaries on EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER.

Think about this carefully. I have a bolt, I know others with bolt, but I don’t see them because they play alts, and when I play an alt, you don’t see or know I even have one. After this change, ALL of us, who have bolt, will have bolt on ALL of our alts, you will see mine ALL of the time. I have 5 full characters, as it is, if I play them all, you see my bolt 1/5th or only 20% of the time, and you already see them all the time.

disregarding the cheesiness of having dual bolts when I havn’t earned them, and making a mockery of people who I respect for having earned two of them, the impact and value of the weapon dies because I now have 5 times the amount of characters who have one. You WILL see legendaries a lot more, and when you see that everybody has something, you desire it less and less and less. Funny, I went with bolt because everyone had sunrise/twilight, now everyone has everything.

Posted by: Persephone.2074

Persephone.2074

Well, with the latest news for account bound legendaries, not only is having a 2nd Twilight not benefiting me as a skin, but the idea of it still being valuable because of stat changes is also being thrown out. People asking for some way to address this problem are not trying to game the system. It’s a legitimate concern. Try to keep it constructive.

Squall.8704

I still think any items in the game should be in the wardrobe, as if we consider every player, than any weapon or armors may be hard earned. I said and alot said, it’s impossible to satisfy everyone, enjoy the change. Conpensation could always be a more then appreciated gift for those that have duplicates, that is if ANet desired. I’d surely like my T3s refund, but I don’t want others to lose from this feature in exchange for myself.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

This seriously reminds me of Fractured update where we wanted some kind of compensation for levels lost and had tons of people going against the idea. Difference is that we had nothing to show for it, you guys at least will have 2 BiS. Even though I’m sure you’d much rather made something else instead of the two same ones if you knew in advance.
We had the same problem leveling multiple toons in fractals, which that time would’ve been better spent doing level 28 over and over on one toon only rather than wasting time and gold leveling and equipping multiple toons for fractal 48+.
Guess what, compensation never came. Nor did any kind of discussion around it.
So as much as I’d love to see something compensated for you guys, even as little as a title, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
Especially since that would raise an uproar from people that spent real life money on Gem items such as Majory’s daggers and/or armors and crap-ton of people that bought T3 for multiple toons.

Posted by: Persephone.2074

Persephone.2074

Especially since that would raise an uproar from people that spent real life money on Gem items such as Majory’s daggers and/or armors and crap-ton of people that bought T3 for multiple toons.

Support is already being discussed for gem store refunds. I am one of the people that bought many, many cultural armors, but I don’t really mind that. I think if Anet had any line to draw across “what can we consider compensating” it would start with legendaries. They do not compare to other investments.

Sera.6539

I would bet the majority of the people that are against compensation are the ones scared they will lose the ability to skin legendaries. or are the ones exiceted to make quip, bolt or incinerator and then be able to have two skins. or only have 1 of quip bolt or incinerator.

Majority of people with two skins of one I am sure would have made a diff legendary if this was already in place.

There is nothing wrong for us to be compensated. If I knew about this I would have made bolt instead of second incinerator and I am sure the majority of the people complaining against compensation would feel the same if it happened to them.

I like the changes cause I have 1 quip and cant wait to spam 2 quips and annoy everyone. and was going to make 2 quips but not now.

I do have 2 incinerators and am upset cause i could have had a bolt instead of one. so I dont see how asking to be compensated is that big of a deal. they could do a lot of diff things like unbind so we can sell. allow us to pick a diff legendary. give us our mats back. give us the 3 major gifts and the precursor and mats back for the precursor gift.

non of that is going to hurt the person crying just deal with it. cause I would be the majority crying just deal with it would be wanting compensated if they were in the other situation.

I am against compensation for various reasons:

-There is no clear line drawn to determine who will get compensated. There is no good way to determine this.
-People who made multiple of one item made a conscious decision during that specific time and set of principles and features in the game to spend time to get multiple of one item. Those people additionally then sported whatever fancy look during a period where it was more rare for others to have the same look.
—> These people got what they wanted, they got two of one item. Compensation in this case is more rewarding people, putting dual or more owners into the favorable group. They got what they decided to get, had the “unique time” of specialty, then get another item (or whatever).
-What’s to stop people from making a cheaper multiples of an item, and claiming that they want a different one? If ANet accepts tickets for this type of compensation, this creates more trouble for them.

Just because ANet changes something in the game, does not mean you are entitled to compensation of any kind. If they decide to, that’s on them, and they’re being generous.

Well, with the latest news for account bound legendaries, not only is having a 2nd Twilight not benefiting me as a skin, but the idea of it still being valuable because of stat changes is also being thrown out. People asking for some way to address this problem are not trying to game the system. It’s a legitimate concern. Try to keep it constructive.

If I recall, you could already move a legendary around on your account through transmutation tricks. It was just more complex than what they’re going to be offering.

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

I really don’t get why everyone is so upset. With the new system, some people get an advantage, some people don’t, but nobody get’s any disadvantages on their equipment compared to the way it was before.
And Legendaries really aren’t as prestigious as some people here seem to think. Do you really think that players that don’t own any Legendaries will stay still next to you for a few seconds and look up to you in admiration, respect and envy whenever you pass them by?
Right now there’s such a ridiculous amount of players with Legendaries in the game that it really isn’t anything that special at all.
When I started playing a year ago and saw a Twilight, I was like “Wow this thing looks really awesome” but now it’s just “Another Twilight… uhuh, oh, I’m gonna kill that Moa over there for my dailies”

Posted by: KHSchneider.7419

KHSchneider.7419

For anyone who bought/created something two times or more…

I invested my gold, made a decision, weeks or months later… My profits would been more (or less) with the information I have now. http://markets.wsj.com/

Decisions, grow up…

Sir Arthur.8905

I still think any items in the game should be in the wardrobe, as if we consider every player, than any weapon or armors may be hard earned. I said and alot said, it’s impossible to satisfy everyone, enjoy the change. Conpensation could always be a more then appreciated gift for those that have duplicates, that is if ANet desired. I’d surely like my T3s refund, but I don’t want others to lose from this feature in exchange for myself.

This is not feudal Japan. In the end, a game is a paid service. Compensation is not a GIFT, they are completely different by definition. People are not LOSING this feature if not implemented, as it does not even exist yet. Any company operating on reasonable business ethics will take the concerns of customers seriously, as this results in better products, and continued business. This is not an issue of failing to satisfy, this is an issue of changes effecting consumers in a potentially negative way.

People are giving valid reasons as to why THIS change may not be the best way to address the ROOT problem, which is the purpose of change to begin with. This is why there is a feedback thread. If this change negatively effects even a small part of the player base, that does not make the issue any less important. Games and companies for that matter, don’t lose all their consumers at once, it happens in tiny chunks of “less important” people. Surely, if you just ignore concerns for the sake of progression, it will do much more harm than good.