Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: buckeyecro.9614

buckeyecro.9614

Why not discuss the issue and their other imminent fundamental game changes more openly to gather feedback from the players before even considering implementing these ideas?

Why didn’t they just make the game like this in the first place?

What is meant to be to accomplished through effectively eliminating servers?

What has caused these changes to be made to the game?

All of the current explanations, at least in my opinion, are greatly lacking in an adequate and sufficient explanation as to why these changes are occurring. I would like to have a better understanding of Anet’s point of view so that I can arrive at a better conclusion.

I wish all of these changes would have been discussed with the broader player base FIRST, maybe even through a Public Beta Environment of sorts, announcements, or a discussion series BEFORE even being considered to affect the live servers.

Sanctum of Rall NA Engineer Commander

Guild Wars 2 needs a Public Beta Environment

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Community isn’t just guild/friend list. Community is essentially everyone on your server, and that is being messed with.

One of the most exciting aspects of the new system is that it gets you playing with members of your home server more often.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Community isn’t just guild/friend list. Community is essentially everyone on your server, and that is being messed with.

One of the most exciting aspects of the new system is that it gets you playing with members of your home server more often.

Is Guesting going away then? Because that’s the only way I see this could be true.

The megaserver thing just seems like it’s turning all maps into what we know as Overflows but with priority. However, just because 40% of the people on the map are from Anvil Rock, it can be potentially filled up by players who aren’t.

Is this going to hurt communities like Desolation when they are going for world first kills on megabosses>

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I can’t picture this so, personal reservations aside, I’m really interested to see how this is going to work.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sounds like instead of some servers’ population guesting all over the place, they will be more likely to find themselves playing with others from their own server.

Seems like the best thing would be to hear all the information, and give it a try before condemning it. But, that’s just my thought. =)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Question: As they system prioritizes guild mates, will we finally be able to see guildies on our map?

Also what worries me more it’s the loading screens, gerrandan can take up to 2minutes to load at some times (when it enters in overflow) and more people everywhere… it may mean, more time spent on loading screens?

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

What is happening with guesting?

Will players on one of the non-RP servers be able to guest over to Tarnished Coast/Piken Square? Or are RP’ers who made the mistake of setting up guilds elsewhere to be forever tagged by the system as “non-RP.”

In your quest to alleviate empty maps (a good thing), it feels like the players are going to be corralled into communities they might not choose. I can make my own choices, I don’t need the overlord mega server to do it for me.

The anxiety is this thread boils down to one thing: choice. The mega server system will be making choices for the players that we used to be able to make on our own.

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

(edited by ExAstris.8527)

Posted by: ZYX.6793

ZYX.6793

One fix might be that Guilds could create a “private” instance of the map, if they desired to do so.

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

How? This seems like it adds people to my map from other servers but not my own. If people from my server were not in the map before, why would they be there now?

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I don’t see how this makes any sense, considering what the blog says.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How? This seems like it adds people to my map from other servers but not my own. If people from my server were not in the map before, why would they be there now?

Because before they might have been forced into overflows, that took no consideration of home-server/guild/friends/whatever.
The new system takes all that into account, and thus it is much more likely that you will play with more of your server than before.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: nachtnyx.7860

nachtnyx.7860

Short of actually forcing players to do something together, I fail to see how this new megaserver system will accomplish that.

If I’m running around on a map that is TC proper (ie. not overflow) then I can logically deduce that any other player I come across is either 1) another TC native, or 2) someone purposely guesting to TC. Thus, if I go to do an event on that map and there are other players at the event as well, I am playing with members of my home server. The only time this isn’t the case is in an overflow, and it doesn’t sound like the megaserver system is getting rid of overflows at all; they’re just not being called overflows any longer.

The Meat Wagon.7194

Because before they might have been forced into overflows, that took no consideration of home-server/guild/friends/whatever.
The new system takes all that into account, and thus it is much more likely that you will play with more of your server than before.

I’m talking about the emptier maps that don’t have overflows.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

This is a great step forward. I’m really hoping the next step is to let players manually choose which instance of a map to go to. That was a great feature in GW1, and I would love to see it return.

I should be writing.

lordkrall.7241

Which most likely still will be empty enough to not split up your server.
So not really an issue.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Meat Wagon.7194

So not really an issue.

It doesn’t get me playing with people from my server more like the anet rep said.

lordkrall.7241

It doesn’t get me playing with people from my server more like the anet rep said.

So you are basically claiming they are lying unless they force people to play on those maps?

What the rep clearly talked about was maps with overflows, where you currently end up in a completely random one, but with the new system you end up in a map with server-mates, guildies and friends.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Becka Williams.4978

So not really an issue.

So, to sum: In some zones where the system doesn’t matter, we’ll get to play with people from our server. In overflow maps, which most servers don’t have now, we won’t get to play with people from our own server. So it seems to me there’s a net loss of playing with people from our own server.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

As I read it in another post, it seems that you can influence in which server you can actually get tied up with. Thus guesting will influence the possibility you get teamed up with the people from a certain server.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

The Meat Wagon.7194

So you are basically claiming they are lying unless they force people to play on those maps?

What the rep clearly talked about was maps with overflows, where you currently end up in a completely random one, but with the new system you end up in a map with server-mates, guildies and friends.

I am not claiming anything. I asked how it would get me playing with server people more. I don’t think the anet rep clearly meant maps with overflows.

lordkrall.7241

So, to sum: In some zones where the system doesn’t matter, we’ll get to play with people from our server. In overflow maps, which most servers don’t have now, we won’t get to play with people from our own server. So it seems to me there’s a net loss of playing with people from our own server.

What are you talking about?

First of all, there won’t be any overflow maps anymore. Secondly the replacement for the current map system will take server, guild and friends into consideration, while the old overflows did not, and thus we will get to play with more of our servermates, guildies and friends than before.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Meat Wagon.7194

First of all, there won’t be any overflow maps anymore. Secondly the replacement for the current map system will take server, guild and friends into consideration, while the old overflows did not, and thus we will get to play with more of our servermates, guildies and friends than before.

You are assuming that most maps had overflows, which isn’t true.

lordkrall.7241

You are assuming that most maps had overflows, which isn’t true.

No I am not.

But the fact remains, a system that takes server, guild and friends into account WILL make it more likely that you will be able to play with server, guild and friends, in those cases where there were overflows (which was more or less the norm for most (if not all) servers during large Living Story fights).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Becka Williams.4978

Of course there’s overflow. In fact, every map is now an overflow map. My POINT was that, currently, I can play with people from my server in any zone I choose 99% of the time (Only during certain world events, like Karka, do I get into overflow) Most servers didn’t have overflow, just the top 3. Now, with the new map system, it CANNOT guarantee that I will get matched up with my friends, party members, and guild members. It will try, but it cannot guarantee that I will be. So, instead of 99% of the time, it will be somewhat less than that. It has to be, because of the way this system is done. Suppose I was on JQ, and I wanted to dp jormag at reset. I go there, and I get overflow, and get a random collection people, most likely from JQ, because Jormag’s only spawned there. With the new system, I get people from all the servers, because there’s NO main map. How does this mean I get to play with more of the people from “my” server?

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

THIS. Why do people assume this will seperate them from their own server? The only way that is going to happen (if the system is implimented correctly) is if you have friends/guilds on otehr server AND you are joining an area with MANY overflows. Which is exactly what would happen with the current system anyway.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Ah, this makes sense to me. Need more sleep. Or coffee.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Becka Williams.4978

THIS. Why do people assume this will seperate them from their own server? The only way that is going to happen (if the system is implimented correctly) is if you have friends/guilds on otehr server AND you are joining an area with MANY overflows. Which is exactly what would happen with the current system anyway.

I play with people from my server ALL the time NOW? How will this system allow me to play with people from my own server MORE often. Explain that, please.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

From how I’m interpreting it…

The normal world shells fill as they currently do with two exceptions:

1) Once a shell is full, instead of randomly assigning you to an overflow with a vacancy, it looks for common variables (home server, guildmates, etc…) and works to put those people with common variables into the same shell.

2) In cases of severely underpopulated main shells, it will move players from several underpopulated shells together (like the underflow idea a lot of players asked for).

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hmm, a spinoff question: If it takes Friends into account, will it also look at Blocked and factor in your desire NOT to be near those people?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I play with people from my server ALL the time NOW? How will this system allow me to play with people from my own server MORE often. Explain that, please.

The quoted phrase regarding playing with members of your server more often seems unlikely to meant as an absolute. Obviously someone who plays with people from their home server 100% of the time, for example, cannot exceed 100%.

That said, people from your server will not be able to purposefully guest away from your server and so will be assigned priority to play on the same server. In general, but not as an impossible absolute, what was said will be the case.

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Graphics I would put on par with Oblivion. WoW is cartoon style, GW2 has brighter colors, where ESO is darker and flatter. Perhaps ‘dirtier’ would be a better description. Where GW2 is ‘clean’. My biggest issue is the draw distance is too short.

I’m also with ya on the WvW thing. ESO basically copied GW2 but I found they did improve upon it. There is an order of operations to it. You have to take certain things in order to take other things. Something I’ve suggested for WvW before the details of ESO’s WvW was publicly known.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

THIS. Why do people assume this will seperate them from their own server?

Why? Well, let’s start with this:

Player density. Let’s say there are an average of 5 players in each world’s version of Iron Marches. In the new system, the game server will temporarily merge those players together into a few maps.

So, let’s say servers A, B, C, and D each have five people in Timberline. This will try to throw people together into the “best” instance for them. Which instance is that, though? Well, if two more people from Server A log on, then they’ll naturally go to Server A’s Timberline. Right?

But then, some one from Server D logs on. Now, which Timberline do THEY go to? The system is trying to gather the scattered people together without being able to move them by force, so it’s going to direct the person from D to Timberline A. If someone from Server C then leaves the zone to use the mystic forge, when they return they’ll also go to Timberline A. See the problem?

And it gets worse. Let’s say that in a couple of hours, these servers get more people on them. Soon, Timberline A is near the ideal level and it starts to direct people to a different Timberline, in this case Timberline B (just to pick one). However, a lot of the people on Timberline A are NOT from Server A, they were put there because none of the other Timberlines were populated enough. Suddenly, you have people from Server A being sent to other servers to play when before that wouldn’t have happened as quickly.

Yes, I realize that I may be wrong about how this will work, but I’m not seeing any other ways for it to group people without running into these problems. They’ve already said it will not remove someone from a zone and put them into a different version of that zone, so it can’t do that. It can only work when people enter a zone, and it’s going to have to, on occasion, move you AWAY from your friends, guilds, and server.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Then you will be playing with who ever would be normally there, though if it was emptier then I would guess that means there wasn’t many people to be there to begin with. Anyways, would see who you would normally see there plus probably lots more from other servers. Instead of playing in a nearly empty map, you’ll be playing in a map with more people then you would have normally.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If your server never experiences an overflow, I would think you would welcome having enough population in the future to be able to do content.

Posted by: Mara.3629

Mara.3629

I have a question. What about the people that just paid the outrageous amount of gems to move to another server to be with friends and guild mates. I had the 1800 gems to move but the world was full for more than 3 weeks straight. No matter what time we tried i was full (even at 3am). I finally found a spot open and it cost me 2400 gems. Now from what I am reading I didn’t have to move to be able to play with my friends I will just be moved there with the new system. I find this very unfair to the people that can’t just buy gems whenever they want. I work hard for everyone I buy. I think we should be reimbursed those gems. I could care less about WvW I just wanted to be on the same world as my husband and friends.

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

THIS. Why do people assume this will seperate them from their own server?

Why? Well, let’s start with this:

Player density. Let’s say there are an average of 5 players in each world’s version of Iron Marches. In the new system, the game server will temporarily merge those players together into a few maps.

So, let’s say servers A, B, C, and D each have five people in Timberline. This will try to throw people together into the “best” instance for them. Which instance is that, though? Well, if two more people from Server A log on, then they’ll naturally go to Server A’s Timberline. Right?

But then, some one from Server D logs on. Now, which Timberline do THEY go to? The system is trying to gather the scattered people together without being able to move them by force, so it’s going to direct the person from D to Timberline A. If someone from Server C then leaves the zone to use the mystic forge, when they return they’ll also go to Timberline A. See the problem?

And it gets worse. Let’s say that in a couple of hours, these servers get more people on them. Soon, Timberline A is near the ideal level and it starts to direct people to a different Timberline, in this case Timberline B (just to pick one). However, a lot of the people on Timberline A are NOT from Server A, they were put there because none of the other Timberlines were populated enough. Suddenly, you have people from Server A being sent to other servers to play when before that wouldn’t have happened as quickly.

Yes, I realize that I may be wrong about how this will work, but I’m not seeing any other ways for it to group people without running into these problems. They’ve already said it will not remove someone from a zone and put them into a different version of that zone, so it can’t do that. It can only work when people enter a zone, and it’s going to have to, on occasion, move you AWAY from your friends, guilds, and server.

+1 for clarity and logic.

It’s not difficult to see how the mega server could actually disperse some communities in order to alleviate empty maps for some of the lower pop servers.

You can put lipstick on a charr, but it’s still a charr.

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

(edited by ExAstris.8527)

Posted by: Nexxius.6017

Nexxius.6017

Please do not apply Megaservers to cities…

When most games apply features like this, they generally avoid capital cities. This is usually for a wide amount of reasons and having a mixed populace in those areas will unlikely enhance anyone’s game play, but instead may have more of a negative impact over established server communities. If these features can’t be withheld, I would like to request an option to remain on your main server for cities.

- Cities are usually the main hubs of a server population. You can get to know the people who are on your realm while hanging there. A stable community on a realm’s city makes it easier to make friends in hangout areas such as banks or trading posts. A large mix of people will make it a lot harder, sure you will be exposed to more people however a person has only a 200 person limit to how many people they know at one period of time. Having mega-servers apply to cities will do the exact opposite, if you don’t see the same person twice out of chance you may not necessarily become friends with them or get to know them if ‘john do’ was given their space in town instead one day.

- Unless there is an event such as ‘Attack on Lion’s arch’ going on, it is unlikely there will be any grouping for content going on, or world bosses in cities. Therefore a wider pool of people is necessary and only adds to population problems.

- There is already a post on this, but mega realms in cities will affect roleplay. Roleplay usually happens in capital cities and those people do not wish for their realm to be diluted by people who don’t even need or want to be there. While most of these people will group up while leaving cities, they generally go to the city for random RP.

- People who join a realm for certain reason when just starting to play the game could be flung all over the place when they don’t have new friends or a guild yet. They could think a certain community doesn’t exist because they become planted on the wrong realm.

- Some realms get a lot of overflow however the people on them don’t wish to be kicked off their realm for another in it’s stead. Some people don’t wish to be considered strays should they log in at a wrong hour.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

GW2 has used the “megaserver” concept from the start. All servers are just boundaries created on a much larger server that everyone is on. Maps are dynamically created to support the amount of people required and kept alive for everyone to access, as long as 1 person was on it. Because people were separated by severs, multiple maps were created to fit individuals when only 1 was truly needed. This ended up being a waste of resources, though it did save bandwidth, and even though they had the “megaserver” tech from the start, they chose not to do anything.

1. Servers are being consolidated by removing the boundaries, but servers are not being merged, like what you would see in older generation MMOs, because they already are.

2. Maps that are always in overflow will remain always in overflow. The only difference is that you will now be prioritized to the overflow that contains the most amount of your friends, guild members and home server players.

3. The goal is to make the game feel alive by making zones more populated, rather than spread amongst several instances. On a technical level, the megaserver system is just the overflow system by another name. The only difference is that now there aren’t multiple near empty instances of the same map to waste resources.

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

I kind of hope this was thought out and just was forgotten to mention in the Feature Pack update notes. . . .

It can be a royal pain to not have issues currently when trying to do Guild Challenge and Guild Puzzle. With more guilds trying to do them at the same time because they all landed on the same map this will become a mess.

I hope there is more info about this and it was addressed even though it wasn’t mentioned.

I have seen to many screaming matches over who was 1st to get there and who is messing up challenge for who. .. . .

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Sounds very promising! As an Australian who plays on an NA server, some maps can still get rather quiet during my night-times (even though TC is one of the most populated servers).

I do have a question though. How will guild/WvW bonuses be applied on the Megaserver? It would not be fair if players can’t benefit from these if they’re constantly being shunted onto overflow maps due to their main server being too populated. (The ideal solution would be to have guild/WvW bonuses be applied to you no matter which server you’re on, but I’m not sure if the technology can support that.)

Posted by: DDCarvalho.2071

DDCarvalho.2071

Overall I really like the change, because walking around an empty Timberline really sucks (and I know, because I am mostly a PvEr who completes maps).
But I understand the issues some of the people have raised, and I imagine that the developers could make the system even better by allowing people to set some parameters to optimize the search, in an in-game interface.
What parameters?
1) RP
By what I see here, there is quite a lot of people who only want to interact with RPers).
2) Country / Language
Main european languages are already covered by the EU servers, but I for example am Brazilian. I would also like to see more people from here, so a selection box with this option would be nice.
3) Lone Wolf
I got surprised to see that there are people who want to see as little people on the maps as possible. So there could be a Lone Wolves overflow, that would give those people the challenge and anti-social behavior they want.
4) PvP
There were some people before asking for PvP servers, this flag could be set and when people enough wanted a PvP overflow, it could be created for them to kill each other at will. How to make a Friend-or-Foe system? Maybe by guild or party. This could lead to some large scale battles between guilds.

There could be other factors to aid the selection (any ideas?).

And the process could be further aided by an interface to see the current copies of a map, each one’s characteristics (number of players, number of guildies , RP, PvP ) and allow change to a non-capped copy. This way, people with specific requirements would be satisfied, while also satisfying the 99% who keep settings at default.

Don’t know if that would be viable because most players will be happy with the change and the vocal minority that is complaining is a minority, but the effort to implement the Megaservers is probably much bigger than the effort to include some more variables and show an interface to allow more control.

What do you think?

Posted by: XatraZaytrax.2601

XatraZaytrax.2601

I think it is important to have at least one unique place on each server, where people can be guaranteed they can be with the people they WANT to be with, not the people Anet determines they — based whatever factors Anet uses — have to hang with.

I am not on the same server as my guild and often do world events and dungeons with strangers. But what if i want to show my guildmates a new weapon, or have a party, or whatever? Will just being in the same guild be enough to allow me to get together with them, even though only a few of the active players are on my friends list. Or is it just a good chance that can happen at some point at some time whenever Anet deems the forces the right.

Keeping the cities, or at least one city, server bound would at least allow people to make their own decisions about who they want to be with and not leave it up to Anet’s voodoo formulas.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

shoot….. there goes my guestable mining nodes !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

A few more important points to be made here:

• If your world usually has a comfortable population on a given map, you’re unlikely to see much of a difference here until the map actually starts getting full. We’re not going to toss a bunch of people from another world into a comfortably occupied server and make it uncomfortable.
  • But some worlds do fill up all on their own pretty regularly. The improvement from this perspective is that if you try to join a very full map, the system will find another instance which also contains people from your world rather than the old overflows which were much more of a mixed bag.
  • If your world has a very low concurrency on a given map, we can put you and everyone else from your server into a map with a more comfortable number of players. The key term here is “comfortable.” There’s breathing room. Megaserver is not overflow in reverse.
  • It’s very difficult to understand this situation if you’re not willing to look at the big picture. Similarly, you can’t really explain urban traffic by using a metaphor about seats at a dinner table. Server populations are big and they are not concrete. Players flow in and out all of the time, even when it seems like a map is completely full. The major change in the way the game is handling population is that it’s making better-informed decisions about where to direct you. If only my GPS did that.
  • As the blog post mentions, we’ll be monitoring this very closely to make sure that the end result is positive.

Thanks for all your feedback. I look forward to tomorrow’s blog post and answering more of your questions.

Posted by: Alvares.3491

Alvares.3491

As I understand the new changes coming around, there will be a selection by: Guild ratio Friends , Location by IP range , etc. …
It turns out that analyzing all this , the first, the idea is great , if we observe some few BUGS that the game has , I think that will be a big headache for administrators resolve .
We understand that there will be a lot of " Overflow " to cover all this logic selection , well , I will cite a few bugs that will bring problems going forward :
1. Did you know that World Boss does not exist in overflow ? This is logical , as all the World Boss , completed quests require them to appear, so we will be transferred to the Overflow time the map is " full" , so World Boss in overflow , does not exist.
2 . You guys know that when we are in overflow , most teleports in other maps , are challenged ? ( Serious BUG in my view ) .
3 . Today we have some sites that assist us in the schedules of the World Boss , as it will be going forward ? I understand that each selection group will have different onset times . A big headache for the players that are World Boss Hunting by maps .

I hope I have collaborated to develop more each day our beloved GuildWars2

I apologize for pécima Google translation, but hopefully get me.

Below follows the same description in Portuguese-BR.

MegaServer, uma inovação ou uma grande dor de cabeça?

Pelo que entendi na novas mudanças que vem por ai, haverá uma seleção por: Guilda, Relação de Amigos, Localização por faixa de IP, etc …
Se analizando tudo isso, de primeiro momento, a idéia é ótima, se observarmos alguns alguns BUGS que o jogo ainda tem, entendo que vai ser uma grande dor de cabeça para os desenvolvedores resolverem.
Entendemos que haverá uma grande quantidade de “Overflow” para cobrir toda essa logica de seleção, pois bem, vou citar, alguns bugs que trarão problemas daqui para frente:
1. Voces sabiam que World Boss não existe em overflow? Isto é lógico, como todos os World Boss, necessitam de quests concluidas para eles apareçam, só seremos transferidos para Overflow no momento em que o mapa estiver “cheio”, portanto, World Boss em overflow, nao existe.
2. Voces sabiam que quando estamos em overflow, a maioria dos teleportes em outros mapas, estão contestados? (BUG grave ao meu ver).
3. Temos hoje alguns sites que nos auxiliam nos horarios dos World Boss, como ficará daqui pra frente? Entendo que cada grupo de seleção, terão horários de aparecimento diferente. Uma grande dor de cabeça para os players que ficam caçando World Boss pelos mapas.

Espero ter colaborado para evoluir cada dia mais o nosso tão amado GuildWars2.

Peço desculpa pela pécima tradução do Google Translator, mas espero que me entendam.

EllysOnline
http://www.twitch.tv/ellysonline

(edited by Alvares.3491)

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

They said they’ll be making changes to stuff like world boss schedules. Did you not see the number of complaints about overflows and people not being able to get into their home server that occurs pretty much every single time and big world event happens?

This is a long overdue change. I’m sure there’s more to it, since we have two more days of blogposts about it.

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

By ensuring when an event is so populated it causes overflows that you end up in an overflow for your sever and friends ratehr then randoms.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is essentially a server merger. about 70% of the servers have been empty for months now. Instead of closing them and forcing people to move they are simply moving everyone into the same instance of the map. I don’t know where you are getting your information that you know for certain that the population isn’t dwindling, only Anet knows that and since they are merging servers the evidence would not support your position.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

I agree whole heartedly with this but, fyi, it is being covered in the Megaserver Feedback thread

Naz ©

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I think BECAUSE cities tend to move to overflow often is part of the reason WHY they’re applying it to capital cities.

Again, the “megaserver” isn’t just about merging smaller groups from different servers together… it’s also sorting out what would normally be overflows into something more than random assignment.