Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

While I’m happy that we will finally get rid of Overflows, I’m concerned about group of players that doesn’t use English or neither any of supported languages (German, French, Spanish). Will they be kicked into some low populated copies of map?

They probably tested whole Megaserver system for players cap but I’m not sure how this will work with languages.

They’ve said the language will only take into account official server language. Even if you have the game set to a different language. So basically the language criterion will only apply in the EU servers.

Posted by: Breytes.6901

Breytes.6901

I think these changes have promise to help give players a more visual feeling of populated zones and have other folks in the zone to accomplish DE chains. I have yet to see any word on if this new MegaServer will increase map population limits. One of the biggest reasons I have currently lost interest to play is the cap on players in a map. I saw the MegaServer announcement and my mind went to the server setup in EVE. I really hope the dev’s have some surprise information up their sleeve about map population caps.

Breytes Rondoure 80 Guardian of the Blood Legion

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

This sounds really promising and pretty good
Thx for extra information too.
So I was wondering : I guess with that system, guesting will be put to and end, is that right ?
If so, have you already taken into account the impact of this on the economy (no guesting = less material gathering = higher prices, especially with the nerf to money in champion bags and from events) ?

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

+225% increase of population in each map is a lot. It’s only low level zones and cities though. lvl 1-15. What if there is 10 players in a map, (100) +225% is 10×3.25which is about 35 players.

Posted by: Turin.6921

Turin.6921

One of the biggest things that strikes me from reading through all these posts / replies, is how little people actually read the blog and try to understand it. Many of the “concerns” have already been addressed. Go read the blog and read the dev. replies and you may see your concern already explained.

A few examples

You can right click a friend and automatically join them on the map they are on. Guild missions? Have your guild leader or mission organizer on your friends list. He / she goes to the map, right click and join. Not very hard.

A dev already mentioned guesting. I dont have the exact quote but basically he said that when joining a map, your home server OR GUESTED server will weigh into that map you get. So RP’ers that normally guest to TC can still guest to TC and join all the other RP’ers.

Exactly…It amazing how many people made huge posts without even reading what the blog post said…Otherwise how could one miss the fact that taxing can still done between maps, that the HOME world is one that parameter that the megaserver takes into account and so it will not negate the “free” choice of server you have made or that questions like the world event timer thing will be ansered in a next post…
Ok the guest thing that is still present i get it, since it is easy to miss the forum post with so many pages.

We should really read the blog posts carefully before we immediately start raving on how much a change is absolutely great and how much we love this game or how completely bad a change is to the point of quiting the game (that i have seen some mentioning)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

+225% increase of population in each map is a lot. It’s only low level zones and cities though. lvl 1-15. What if there is 10 players in a map, (100) +225% is 10×3.25which is about 35 players.

The use of ‘average’ there makes it difficult to discern how effective the system will actually be. Is it the average across all zones? If so, certain zones which already achieve population cap, like Divinity’s Reach, are counting towards these statistics and are reducing the results. The number is really nebulous because of this, and that’s only exacerbated by the fact that the tests seem to be simulations rather than numbers in actual practice.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Personally, I don’t care what that slice of computer hardware is called I happen to play on. So long as I can do it with my friends and meet interesting people along the way. The megaserver allows me to do this more than before and it partially restores what we had before in GW1

Well said. This sums it up for me as well. I am glad they are moving away from the more traditional server architecture and toward a larger community model.

While I think there will be some kinks to work out with things like guild missions and more coordinated gameplay activities (things people would get into TS for), I trust they will have solutions for all of them.

My hope is that, come April 15, this rolls out, they get it working seamlessly in the low level zones and then push it to the rest of the game a couple of weeks later.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you disconnect and then reconnect does the new system try to put you back into the instance you were in previously? You can do something similar now by being in a party but it would be nice if it also worked like that even if you aren’t.

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

BFT. I and others suggested this before and were told by players “I’m not sure you understand how the servers work.” and other nonsense why it couldn’t be done.

Now those of us on high population servers will actually feel like it.

Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Yamato Shinobi.4378

Yamato Shinobi.4378

Well, it’s a bit too late IMO. Something like this probably should have been done a long while back.

Anyways, just logged on to my server and it’s like a ghost town, seriously. I’ve never EVER seen it so low. Wow…

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

OK, well i have something to say here that I’m not sure if its come up yet or not. Maybe it has in 14 pages, but in either case here it goes:

Currently we are trying to build up our server community in a few ways. one of them is through our server website. We also have a server wide mumble as well. The problem i foresee is that we won’t be able to build that community after this update since maps i will be on are no longer going to be SF maps, but GW2 maps. I’m honestly worried with how this is going to impact not only server morale but also other linked aspects of the game like WvW. I mean, its hard to conceptualize WvW when you do away with the whole home server aspect of the game structure.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

These events, particularly Wurm, requires a very high level of organisation that the average and / or casual player are simple incapable of or not willing to do.

Bahahaha, ‘organization’, that’s a good one! You have any comedy routines I could see? :P

From this I take you don’t ever have participated in a serious wurm try?

~MRA

You know what they say about those who *ass*ume?

Yes, I did, which is how I came to that conclusion. Dropped in with a bunch of ‘randoms’, we complied perfectly with the event mechanics, had groups clearing mobs quickly and efficiently, had a group constantly DPSing. Hardly anybody going down. Event ended before we even got him below 50%, it’s a mindless DPS check, you could see that yourself were you not blinded by your self-fabricated ‘leetness’.

~Idon’tcareaboutyourcrapshoottag

Wow …
I have read a lot of idiotic troll posts on this forum over past 1.5 years, but this one takes the cake for me.

You didn’t even complete the event, yet here you are being Mr Know-it-all on the Wurm…

FYI,
I have participated in over 40 successful Wurm kills. How many have you done??
Oh right, none ..

I wonder who’s understanding of this event is better and who’s methods actually work?

You are a prime example of why I think this megaserver change will be a disaster for the players/guilds/servers that can successfully complete Tequatl and the Three-Headed Wurm.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm…Just noticed both upcoming blog posts are to be released today!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Interesting change….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

bri.2359

They probably want to get the kitten-storm over with soon than later …

Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Interesting… guess they figured out that there is no logical reason to drag out the disappointment over 3 days instead of 2.

Honestly if they just include the ability to get back into the same map after the horribly unstable game crashes that would be enough for me.

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

I have a question. Is the megaserver a reaction to the fact that the game is losing player? Hence by doing that the player will have the feel that there is more player to play with?

Just curious

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’m sure ArenaNet is just as surprised as I am at the wave of negative posts following the announcement of one of the best ideas in gaming history.

I’ve been over this whole thread and noticed a common trend amongst the angry posts… and that is a mischaracterization or misunderstanding of what was said.

I’m sure they are speeding up the delivery of the information in order to put those two problems to rest and open the floor up to legitimate questions about how the system will work.

I have no doubt at all that this will be a purely positive experience for many players, and at worst a neutral change for others.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have a question. Is the megaserver a reaction to the fact that the game is losing player? Hence by doing that the player will have the feel that there is more player to play with?

Just curious

You might try posting your question up in Dolyak Express. The Devs may choose your question to answer. Good luck! =)

mtpelion.4562

Just curious

Some servers have very, very low population. This is because ArenaNet offered transfers before WvW Season 1, so a lot of players flocked to the server they thought they could get the best chance of winning on. This large population shift left many servers depleted, so the players who were left on the server lost interest in the game since no one was online to play with them.

The Megaserver solution will combine those depleted servers onto the same map so that everyone gets to experience playing with others, not just the few big servers.

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

My main guild just spent a lot of money to move to another server largely because EB was getting too small to do many of the PVE events. Not more than two days ago, I paid 1400 gems to do a server transfer. Now we find out that in two weeks they’re getting rid of servers, so all those gems were kind of wasted.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m sure ArenaNet is just as surprised as I am at the wave of negative posts following the announcement of one of the best ideas in gaming history.

I’ve been over this whole thread and noticed a common trend amongst the angry posts… and that is a mischaracterization or misunderstanding of what was said.

I’m sure they are speeding up the delivery of the information in order to put those two problems to rest and open the floor up to legitimate questions about how the system will work.

I have no doubt at all that this will be a purely positive experience for many players, and at worst a neutral change for others.

If the game had launched with this feature it would have been great, however it is really nothing more than a glorified server merger at this point, hardly new or exciting. The few high pop servers will notice no difference except that it will be harder to organize events, farm, and do guild missions. The low pop servers that this merger is really for will have a much improved experience, the same as if servers were merged.

It basically comes down to the fact that actually merging servers would have destroyed what was left of WvW so they went with this alternative approach.

mtpelion.4562

If the game had launched with this feature it would have been great, however it is really nothing more than a glorified server merger at this point, hardly new or exciting. The few high pop servers will notice no difference except that it will be harder to organize events, farm, and do guild missions. The low pop servers that this merger is really for will have a much improved experience, the same as if servers were merged.

It basically comes down to the fact that actually merging servers would have destroyed what was left of WvW so they went with this alternative approach.

Just because it isn’t new doesn’t mean it isn’t a great idea.
Honestly, the concept of separating your players into segments by server is incredibly outdated. They relied on it for the WvW so they are stuck with it in theory, but I applaud their efforts to mask it in the rest of the game.

Posted by: downwithdragons.8291

downwithdragons.8291

I personally like the proposed change. I was tired of logging in to do something as easy as Jormag or the Shatterer and finding only one or two other people on the map.

Reading through the posts, in my opinion, the majority of people who dislike the idea, are those that would splinter the player base. Those people who feel that “noobs” and sub optimal builds should be blocked from their personal Tequatl overflow. How RP players should have their own section. People who want to play with only “their” community. Sure, this community may not be marked as friends or guild members.. but they are still better then the noobs from those other home servers.

In my opinion, its a Guild Wars 2 community and we ALL are part of it. Noobs, hard core players, RPers, no matter what home server you are from. I’m tired of elitists.

Olvendred.3027

I personally like the proposed change. I was tired of logging in to do something as easy as Jormag or the Shatterer and finding only one or two other people on the map.

Reading through the posts, in my opinion, the majority of people who dislike the idea, are those that would splinter the player base. Those people who feel that “noobs” and sub optimal builds should be blocked from their personal Tequatl overflow. How RP players should have their own section. People who want to play with only “their” community. Sure, this community may not be marked as friends or guild members.. but they are still better then the noobs from those other home servers.

In my opinion, its a Guild Wars 2 community and we ALL are part of it. Noobs, hard core players, RPers, no matter what home server you are from. I’m tired of elitists.

Would you like the elitists not to be in your community?

mtpelion.4562

Those people are misunderstanding how this will work.
The people they play with now are still going to be playing with them, and if they were frequently getting into overflows before, they will now be playing with people from their friend list, guild, and server more instead of with random people from all over.

The RPers are mad for no reason. They will still be playing with other RPers.
The elitists are always mad, and always for no reason. This won’t change that.

There are some people who understand the system and have valid concerns, and they are getting drowned out by those who simply don’t understand the basics of this new system.

Posted by: Icewolfnector.1487

Icewolfnector.1487

I wonder how this will affect orichalcum and ancient wood log locations. I guess the maps you find on the internet for them will become obsolete.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

My main guild just spent a lot of money to move to another server largely because EB was getting too small to do many of the PVE events. Not more than two days ago, I paid 1400 gems to do a server transfer. Now we find out that in two weeks they’re getting rid of servers, so all those gems were kind of wasted.

You will still get your money’s worth. Remember, at first, this is just low level zones, the pvp lobby and the cities.

To the other posters asking about server populations dipping – I dont know overall numbers, but my guild is more active than it has ever been – and I have yet to find a recent event on the server that didnt have enough people at it. This isnt a reaction to dipping numbers – it is a way to equalize the PVE experience for players regardless of the server they chose – and I think that is great. The game isnt hurting (and definitely isnt dying). Using something like this to support a ridiculous statement like that is just sad.

bri.2359

Sorry, but I disagree.

I fully understand what Anet has said so far, and this change will drastically change the way I play this game to the extent I will leave the game.

Right now I only do dailies/monthlies and the 2 world mega-bosses – Teq and Wurm. That is it. There is nothing else that interests me anymore.

I do these 2 events on a semi-daily basis, with TxS, This change means we will no longer be able to organise for and do these events in our accustomed way. Despite the loot being utter crap, particularly with Wurm, many in the guild still enjoy doing this, as much for the social camaraderie as for the challenge.

If Anet changes these 2 events, i.e. dumbs them down to accommodate the megaserver changes. they will become as meaningless as – Shatterer or Maw and there will be no reason for TxS to exist.

Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Sorry, but I disagree.

I fully understand what Anet has said so far, and this change will drastically change the way I play this game to the extent I will leave the game.

Right now I only do dailies/monthlies and the 2 world mega-bosses – Teq and Wurm. That is it. There is nothing else that interests me anymore.

I do these 2 events on a semi-daily basis, with TxS, This change means we will no longer be able to organise for and do these events in our accustomed way. Despite the loot being utter crap, particularly with Wurm, many in the guild still enjoy doing this, as much for the social camaraderie as for the challenge.

If Anet changes these 2 events, i.e. dumbs them down to accommodate the megaserver changes. they will become as meaningless kittenterer or Maw and there will be no reason for TxS to exist.

You’re making an assumption TxS or TTS won’t be able to do these events…but you don’t know that for sure. Those guilds are pretty popular. I’m pretty sure Anet doesn’t want to kitten them off.

Why not at least wait to see what’s said before jumping to a conclusion?

mtpelion.4562

Sorry, but I disagree.

If Anet changes these 2 events, i.e. dumbs them down to accommodate the megaserver changes. they will become as meaningless kittenterer or Maw and there will be no reason for TxS to exist.

You clearly don’t understand what they’ve said if that is the conclusion you have arrived at.

They are designing the maps to use your guild, friend list, and server to group you with other players. You will find it EASIER to play with other members of TxS because the system will automatically group you guys together.

Olvendred.3027

You clearly don’t understand what they’ve said if that is the conclusion you have arrived at.

They are designing the maps to use your guild, friend list, and server to group you with other players. You will find it EASIER to play with other members of TxS because the system will automatically group you guys together.

Actually, you’re making assumptions too – namely, that it will be easier for TTS. All we know is that, at the time you’re placed in a shard, you are more likely to be placed in the one with your guild, than the one without your guild. TTS relies on filling one single shard/overflow entirely, and they’ve made no comment about how easy it will be to do that. We also have yet to see the system in action – for all we know, it could be completely awful, despite Anet’s (historically not exactly reliable) assurances.

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

I welcome this improvement very much. I also hope the next days will bring news of other highly anticipated features to be implemented. As for world events, I’m expecting nothing less than a simple system that would allow organised guilds to do these events in peace if they want to.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Actually, you’re making assumptions too – namely, that it will be easier for TTS. All we know is that, at the time you’re placed in a shard, you are more likely to be placed in the one with your guild, than the one without your guild. TTS relies on filling one single shard/overflow entirely, and they’ve made no comment about how easy it will be to do that. We also have yet to see the system in action – for all we know, it could be completely awful, despite Anet’s (historically not exactly reliable) assurances.

Well, time will tell but in the case of TTS I can see that it might not be entirely ideal for them, but it may be pretty much the same.

In the current system they join a server map until it fills up and the game creates an overflow then everyone tries to taxi into that new overflow and off they go. While this is happening the game could be sending other people into that overflow too so you will probably have a few non-TTS members there as well.

Now if they want to get the same kind of guild numbers they will still have to fill up a map until the game creates a new one and then taxi people to that new one, because the old one will contain a bunch of people from various members servers, guild and friends lists and not just TTS members. However the game will also start sending other people from those peoples, servers, guild and friends lists to that new server because the matching algorithms determine it to be a good match for them.

Hypothetically speaking, I would guess that it’d be pretty much the same as the overflow system if they’re fast enough when joining the new server but we’ll see what happens in practice.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It will be easier to play with some other members of TxS, but not necessarily to play with an (almost) full map of them as people can do now because the game will be assigning non-TxS members who zone to Sparkfly to that same map because they fit the matching criteria (i.e. same server, same guild, on their friends list, even the same language and probably more criteria).

Again, we’ll have to see how it works in practice.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

This means they’ve implemented the concept of a single virtual server wrong. There should be no concept of “home” world, there should be just one world on a single virtual server. Anything beyond that is just asking for trouble. WvW should be handled, if anything, by factions, the “world” should be left as “one” world, obviously, given that is what you are creating. This is so simple I marvel at the misconception around this.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

This is biggest thing Anet released so far but i think they should have taken player level in mechanics as well.For example every player that is 0-15 and its in Queensdale should be on same map/server with all other people that are same level range (0-15) as him.This way every player that is same level range and are on certain map whould be brought together and they whould level together.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

It will be easier to play with some other members of TxS, but not necessarily to play with an (almost) full map of them as people can do now because the game will be assigning non-TxS members who zone to Sparkfly to that same map because they fit the matching criteria (i.e. same server, same guild, on their friends list, even the same language and probably more criteria).

Again, we’ll have to see how it works in practice.

Looks like those guilds will be able to schedule their own runs outside of the daily rotation and trigger the events themselves.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is essentially a server merger. about 70% of the servers have been empty for months now. Instead of closing them and forcing people to move they are simply moving everyone into the same instance of the map. I don’t know where you are getting your information that you know for certain that the population isn’t dwindling, only Anet knows that and since they are merging servers the evidence would not support your position.

Of course it’s for population issues, I’ve often found myself literally alone on a map. They had to do something and this was totally predictable.

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

Question: will the Megaserver system fix the issues with instance holders in dungeons/fractals?

My apologies if this has already been discussed or answered.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

It would have been nice to know about these changes before, you know, you hosted the server transfer sale.

How oddly convenient of you to create a special on server transfers only to do a massive overhaul on how servers function a few weeks after the fact.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

However, more populated places will suffer in terms of community spirit of you have separate overflow-clouds and if you cannot chose from them (something they haven’t explained yet). Cause essentially, the megablob system makes the choice for us.
I don’t care for playing with randoms, I want to see friendly faces I AFK next to or run world bosses next to and have funny map chat with. I wanna see my server’s guild tags around. And I definitelly dont want any server bashing, which always came up in overflows during big events like Knightfall. By removing real servers, all we have left is a cloud of overflows essentially.

If you actually read the devblog and devpost you would see your concern is already addressed. If you read the dev posts, you would understand that ANet is already aware that it’s important to maintain a comfortable size of players in the popular maps. If you apply reading comprehension and correlates to the original devblog, you would come to an understanding that the map instance under megaserver architecture will realize exactly what you want—as seeing familiar faces more than unfamiliar faces. I think you have a personal fantasy where most GW2 players dislike others from another server and would actively and mutually ruin the gameplay experience for each other. It’s time to wake up and face the fact that 1) trolls who really want to do that can already do that by guesting and 2) players from another server aren’t looking to ruin you.

I think you’re the one who’s not reading what Hedix is saying. He wants to make choices himself, not have a megaserver force them on him. I agree with him.

Make what choice? As far as I know, guesting is not going away yet. If you want to play with another server’s community, just guest away—nothing from the blog post saying megaserver will prohibit you from doing.

Also it will be easier to jump to another instance, as currently you can only jump onto overflow instances, but after the update you can jump to wherever there are people who can ferry you to.

Let’s talk about choice: You choose your home server, you choose your guild, you choose your friends. Algorithm will place you into an instance based on your choices. If the algorithm fails for some kitten reasons, there’s the ferry option.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

The last 2 blog posts, clarify exactly what many of us were afraid of.

In addition, I expected timers for bosses on a schedule, but I am unsure on the rotation listed.

But, you can’t know when dungeons will be open, where it will be open, etc. Fortunately they don’t ever really bug anymore, but these things do happen. As it currently works, you just need 1 person to find where a dungeon is open on a site, and guest to the server. Since that will no longer work, it forces more to open dungeons. This isn’t my complaint, many of us do this anyways, and doesn’t take very long, but it will be an inconvenience to some.

There’s more but I don’t see much point in expressing further concerns than have already been expressed by myself and others.

We appreciate them releasing both blog posts, but it doesn’t relieve concerns as they wanted, and raises more. These changes will not benefit me, and will not positively impact my experience of the game. This is not ‘doom and gloom.’ Of course many will enjoy these changes, but many others will not. Their goal is eliminating pve servers and merging everyone together. This destroys the existing communities.

Are you removing the guesting limit of 2 in 24 hours? Or removing it altogether soon? Might as well divide us into districts as in gw1. If you are heading that way, go ahead and do it.

For wvw, how will they get help when needed, as has been asked? I guess ts (which now those that run community ts will not wonder what the point is. For WvW that won’t change though), guilds, and whispering.

They have given us the rest of the information they are going to, and I am more concerned with it, especially for the transition time.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I was disappointed to see the district type system was not in the blog post or the ability to choose your map shard by number. There are valid situations that I think that it would be useful. You could tweak the API to show the map then the instance of the map number that a event is running on. Then allow people to choose the instance of the map that they are running on via a drop-down menu.

Working on the wiki is a bit more difficult as we can not check if the event is running and go there to get info on it and complete it.

This would also give us another option for joining a group on a map in the case that the algorithm does not put us in the right shard that we wanted to be in to join our group. Just like we did in Guild Wars 1. One shard was too populated or not right for us. Simple message go to District X.

The temple events are another matter. Having the system in place would allow us to do temple runs a lot easier.

This will also allow players to find out when a guild has started up the instance of a world boss that they can join(if they can get onto the map).

This would make the Dungeon runners happy. However as it is just a small series of events I don’t see a problem with it anyways.

Please allow us to choose what shard we are put on but default to the algorithm so we don’t have to think about it. Maybe put a drop-down on the way-point selection screen where it asks us if the cost is OK or if we want to leave the map.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Well the waypoints, dungeons and temple changes sound absolutely awful and the world boss changes don’t sound much better. This raises even more problems then I initially had with it. Not surprised they are keeping info about WvW a secret, I can see that being a disaster.

No point in complaining about it though. They seem perfectly fine in making their game worse in a bid to appease the minority whiners and won’t listen to the people pointing out logical holes in their plans. Its ascended all over again.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The fun concept behind the temples has just been completely eradicated. Jeez.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: DukemNukem.2486

DukemNukem.2486

What i am wondering is how its going to impact WvW. Also in my own opinion, this whole megaserver is going to ruin a lot of things in pve for me and im sure others feel the same way.

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

While I generally see the benefits to this system, I, as others have already mentioned, think it would be beneficial for the cities to be exempt. While I say this largely in context of guilds and their recruitment, particularly for WvW, I also see this as relevant for things such as RPers and help keeping server identities. My server has at least a somewhat unique flavor, and if we lose cities then I fear that will eventually be washed away. And as much as I look forward to randomly finding my dad (who chose a different server than I) in the middle of a meta event, when I’m settling down and going through my inventory I would prefer to do so while listening to the map chat of my server.

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Question: What about players that can’t participate in any Tequall event etc.? due to sleep time, job or even WvW raids. For example Tequatll appear at 6 am.(standing up to get into work), 3:30 pm(still in work), 9 pm(raiding @ WvW). So tell my how to the hell i can make any Tequatll? And don’t answer like: u have sunday or satuday, cos i’m off at weekends for whole days.

ps. Those are hours in my country’s time zone(UTC + 2)

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

Question: What about players that can’t participate in any Tequall event etc.? due to sleep time, job or even WvW raids. For example Tequatll appear at 6 am.(standing up to get into work), 15:30 pm(still in work), 21 pm(raiding @ WvW). So tell my how to the hell i can make any Tequatll? And don’t answer like: u have sunday or satuday, cos i’m off at weekends for whole days.

ps. Those are hours in my country’s time zone(UTC + 2)

Join a guild that can spawn those events? It’s right there in the new devblog.

a shard of crystal in the desert.