Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Feedback/Questions: Social Play Improvement: Blog up

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Three words:

Last Logged In

This better not be an April’s Fool joke…

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The last logged in feature, as small as it is, is a really great change.

It’s not a guild hall, but I’ll take it.

Also, the WvW lfg changes definitely have some good potential.

Posted by: keichi.5107

keichi.5107

Finally i possibility to filter out the French Players in the lfg tool o/ No more Fractal Runs, where lvl 13 takes over 3 Hours \o/

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Wish they lumped it with another day. I know there is a lot more but this is pretty underwhelming by itself.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yay I like the last logged in for guild members. Something I’ve definitely missed.

I like the upgrades to the LFG tool as well.

Although after yesterday’s blogs, I have to admit this one feels… lacking, to me. It’s really short… That might be also due to impatiently waiting for tomorrow’s blogs too… Now those 2 should be interesting.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

The blog hinted at a fair number of other changes that might be worthy to know, but they were left to vague interpretation.

Sure, the ‘last logged in’ feature is certainly handy. But I’m quite curious what these ‘reduced griefing’ additions are as an example.

Does it pertain to how Ranks will work?
Deep Cave and Treasure Trove finally being separated permissions?
Anti-spam kicks?

This is something I feel could have been discussed a bit more and was quite disappointed with just how short the blogpost was compared to the others.

Perhaps I’m a minority here though.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Last logged in is sweet, but it would be nice to see last time representing too.
WvW lfg is great
and filtering out people who cannot speak English is the best of them

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Not much to discuss -

1. Seeing last log in. Yay. That will help me as a guild leader alot, but most people wont care.

2. New dropdowns for LFG for wvw. Not sure this will have any impact on current gameplay. Biggest issues with LFG right now arent related to WvW. They are related to griefing and unfriendly players.

3. Multi language search capability in LFG. A positive, but not something that impacts me as a NA player.

4. “Finally, we’ve improved the support for guild members in the system and made some improvements on the back end to reduce opportunities for griefing.” – not enough detail to know what this even is. Its poorly worded, and they really should go into more detail.

Honestly, I think they could have wrapped this entire blog up into one of the others (Friendly play, probably). As it stands, it just feels like filler – taking up space while they get the next blog post ready.

There is just no meat here. Maybe its more than it seems, but if that is the case, then we need more details before getting excited.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The last logged in feature, as small as it is, is a really great change.

It’s not a guild hall, but I’ll take it.

Also, the WvW lfg changes definitely have some good potential.

Hmm, well if you use that aspect I guess its good news.
I can see the use of the last login date for guilds as being useful, but not the changes to the lfg stuff (except maybe the language one for EU servers). Personally never used the lfg for wvw stuff, but maybe those in higher tiers need it :shrug. Here’s hoping tomorrows articles have more/better news/info/content.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

It’s a bit…bare on details:

• What support for guild members?
  • What backend changes changes to help against griefing? Griefing in what parts of the game?

I can imagine a lot of people being happy with the last logged in addition though.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

Last logged date will be very helpful. The LFG tool has some nice changes. The WvW section would be nice to group up with some fellow roamers when no one is on kinda thing. I think that change is more for the smaller groups than the larger ones.

The last bit of info is basically useless to us. Yay! We know they changed something, but really have no idea what was fixed/changed.

Sovereign Union leader

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Wish they lumped it with another day. I know there is a lot more but this is pretty underwhelming by itself.

Actually, it’s pretty major. The Last Logged In feature is something we’ve been literally BEGGING for since release. Hopefully there will be a few more details about the “reducing griefing” issues to come.

Now, if they would only separate “Invite” and “Kick” so we can better edit permissions.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Changes for Guilds

1. guild leaders who have wanted a little extra help with managing membership will be pleased to learn that you’ll now be able to see the last login date for guild members.
  2. we’ve improved the support for guild members in the system and made some improvements on the back end to reduce opportunities for griefing.
  • Well the last log in is much appreciated. Many, many thanks
  • As for the improved support for guild members. Ummm, that seems quite vague. Does anyone have any clue what that might mean?

Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg for the upcoming Guild updates in the feature patch.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

For last logged in – Yay!

The WvW LFG is awesome but the LFG tool still needs to be more prominent on the UI, still so many players that don’t even know it’s there.

Keep it coming ArenaNet, you’re doing great

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Last logged in! FINALLY!!! yay!!! Thanks A-net!!!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

The blog hinted at a fair number of other changes that might be worthy to know, but they were left to vague interpretation.

Sure, the ‘last logged in’ feature is certainly handy. But I’m quite curious what these ‘reduced griefing’ additions are as an example.

Does it pertain to how Ranks will work?
Deep Cave and Treasure Trove finally being separated permissions?
Anti-spam kicks?

This is something I feel could have been discussed a bit more and was quite disappointed with just how short the blogpost was compared to the others.

Perhaps I’m a minority here though.

Maybe, but then I am in the minority with ya.

A bit more info for the “big” lfg reveal would have been warranted seeing as how the wardrobe and traits had a fair bit of meat to em.

IMO that blurb could have easily been added to any other feature blog.

Edit: once merged by a moderator I had to quote previous user in order to have my post make sense.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

The only thing I came away with was the ability to see when someone last logged in. That’ll make life much better for guild leaders. The rest of it?

I never would have thought to use the LFG tool for WvW and I’m on an American server, so I don’t usually have to deal much with foreign languages.

Pretty meh after what we’ve seen so far.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Not much to discuss -

1. Seeing last log in. Yay. That will help me as a guild leader alot, but most people wont care.

2. New dropdowns for LFG for wvw. Not sure this will have any impact on current gameplay. Biggest issues with LFG right now arent related to WvW. They are related to griefing and unfriendly players.

3. Multi language search capability in LFG. A positive, but not something that impacts me as a NA player.

4. “Finally, we’ve improved the support for guild members in the system and made some improvements on the back end to reduce opportunities for griefing.” – not enough detail to know what this even is. Its poorly worded, and they really should go into more detail.

Honestly, I think they could have wrapped this entire blog up into one of the others (Friendly play, probably). As it stands, it just feels like filler – taking up space while they get the next blog post ready.

There is just no meat here. Maybe its more than it seems, but if that is the case, then we need more details before getting excited.

Ditto

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: CriticalHit.9540

CriticalHit.9540

I hope there will be more of coming or this just made it painfully aware where the priorities are.

Yesterday they went on and on about dyes and the new wardrobe functions. Today, it’s just “oh yeah here’s that last log in you people have been asking for since the start of the game”

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Not enough detail, Guild Support, how?
Also i was hoping for more, make the LFG tool more visible, possible to use it to call people to help us to do certain group events on PvE, maybe even when we ask for it all players on the map can be pinged to help on the X area.

We need easier ways to party with people on PvE, not Zerg-Lag-Farm trains!

ArenaNet please listen to that

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You mean they should make public how people can grief guilds, so even those who don’t know “all the tricks” can now do it (at least until the patch comes)?

Some things are better staying vague.

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

WTB a real LFG tool.

I guess this means we’ll still have every LFG listing for dungeons looking like “80only xp no rangers”

Small bit of utility updates for guilds and WvW are not “feature” worthy.

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

This blog is a bit weird. The last login date seems like such a simple (needed, yes, but simple) thing that they could have added it to any LS update. I get the feeling that there’s a lot of small stuff behind this blog post and they decided to make us read it in the patch notes instead.

I’d love for them to add some more information on the anti-griefing mechanics though.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

As raised in another topic and for privacy reasons, the date that a guild leader should see is not the last time a player logged in the game, but rather the last time a player represented the guild. For guild leaders, it’s more accurate and for us players, it’s more correct privacy-wise.

The only inconvient for you, staff of GW2 is that you have to stock that information in the player/guild relation space rather than in the player space.

For reference, here’s the original now-locked topic: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Social-Play-Improvements-and-privacy/3815623

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Burnham.2613

Burnham.2613

So is it only guild leaders who have access to seeing when members last logged on, or can the entire guild roster see it? If it is only the guild leader, then you will run into problems with guilds who have an inactive guild leader and the person who actually is leading the guild and needs that info is 1 rank below. Such is the case with the guild I am currently in. The leader has every privilege unlocked to him, but there is 1 inactive person who is 1 rank above him who will likely never log on again. I would greatly appreciate if this was cleared up.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Like me, I’m sure every leader of a large guild leap for joy on seeing last login. However I wonder if it’s retroactive. I.e we can start clearing up on April 16th or do we start our clocks from April 15th?

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Luggernaut.6785

Luggernaut.6785

As raised in another topic and for privacy reasons, the date that a guild leader should see is not the last time a player logged in the game, but rather the last time a player represented the guild. For guild leaders, it’s more accurate and for us players, it’s more correct privacy-wise.

The only inconvient for you, staff of GW2 is that you have to stock that information in the player/guild relation space rather than in the player space.

For reference, here’s the original now-locked topic: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Social-Play-Improvements-and-privacy/3815623

The simple solution…don’t join a guild then. You know very well you just want to create a ruckus and that you really don’t care…..you just want a reason to complain.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

The simple solution…don’t join a guild then. You know very well you just want to create a ruckus and that you really don’t care…..you just want a reason to complain.

I’m the king of complaints when it comes to Anet’s screw ups but this – Even I can’t complain about.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

It’s a bit…bare on details:

• What support for guild members?
  • What backend changes changes to help against griefing? Griefing in what parts of the game?

I can imagine a lot of people being happy with the last logged in addition though.

Yeah, there are good things in this blog of course Buuut I’m also unclear as to what the above points mean. Is the “griefing” they’re talking about people running dungeons together and kicking non-owners out only to sell the end for gold? S’all I can think of, but I would think they’d be crowing with specifics about how they managed that. I would be, anyways XD

And for the last log in… can only guild leaders/officers see that or can members as well? It’d be cool to see how long/often people rep, too. Repping stats seem like the next step, continuing this trend in the right direction.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

This ‘blog’ is like the bit of paper that falls out of a Christmas cracker that has a joke on it nobody reads anymore.

At least I’ll be able to see when I last logged on.

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I wonder who he/she is trying to hide from? This is a joke right?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Actually, it’s pretty major. The Last Logged In feature is something we’ve been literally BEGGING for since release. Hopefully there will be a few more details about the “reducing griefing” issues to come.

Now, if they would only separate “Invite” and “Kick” so we can better edit permissions.

That part is great, i was stating that with some days having two blogs you think one day that only had one would have more substance as if it was a major topic that will cause a large discussion. Great fix but not much to say about it. We wanted it yeaaah, thanks. /end

Posted by: derbaer.1284

derbaer.1284

As I only play tpvp and never used (didnt even know about) a lfg tool: can you look for tpvp groups with this or will you be able too after 15th of april?

Posted by: Strix Nebulosa.3579

Strix Nebulosa.3579

YES! Thank you! last logged in is really going to help guild leads manage their guilds! Woot!

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Q: Last login for guilds… does that mean last represented login?

You could have an active multi-guild member that has not represented your guild in 6 months. Guild leaders want to know when a player last represented their guild and if they are an active part of your guild…. not the last time they logged in to another guild.

I hope that’s the change…. it wasn’t very clear on the blog.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

(edited by Ahmrill.7512)

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

You know a game is doing bad when even the last login change sounds exiting. After 1.5 years…

Professional noob guardian

Posted by: Halorin.1398

Halorin.1398

…Thanks?

Heh. How is this set of ‘features’ worthy of a blog post? Whoever wrote this HAD to have felt like they were trumping up a lot of fluff. The last logged in thing is the crown jewel of all this, and when something as menial and ho-hum as that is the main highlight, you need more substantive subject material.

This feels like an insult to my intelligence if I’m supposed to come away from reading this feeling any other way but underwhelmed and concerned about the integrity/worth of the ‘features’ we have yet to see.

Paired with the botched approach toward the wardrobe system in regards to town clothing.. I don’t know.

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

-Braces for thread after thread of people kittening because they don’t get what they wanted-

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Why make a blog post for this. It’s not “feature”-worthy at all.

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

As a guild leader, while I am excited and grateful for a last-logged-in date, the one feature I really want is a more noticeable guild Message of the Day. One that, perhaps, pops up in your chat feed when you log in?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This blog wasn’t really worthy of a blog… maybe a forum post, but even that is stretching it. This really should have been bundled with something else.

Hopefully tomorrow brings a little more excitement.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I still need a way to email all my guildies though…cmon anet communication is important!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The last login indeed is a nice additional, won’t be as tedious to look at achievement page for last achievement date. It is also will be more accurate in comparison.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

As a guild leader, while I am excited and grateful for a last-logged-in date, the one feature I really want is a more noticeable guild Message of the Day. One that, perhaps, pops up in your chat feed when you log in?

Yeah, you know, like Guild Wars 1 does?

I wonder if the guild griefing might be something about people starting the guild missions before everyone is ready? Or pushing the buttons inside the guild puzzles before everyone is ready?

And I’m still patiently waiting for guild halls with all merchants and crafters in them.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I was hoping this blog was going to have Commander system upgrades. #sad
At least dyeable pins please…. please…. please….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Wow, someone care enough to make a thread…

But yes, they could easily skip this one. An update note after the patch would be enough.

Maybe tomorrow we’ll see something more relevant (yes, nice change for those who have nothing better to do than ask for trivial things but I mean, just look at the blog, not even the Devs took it seriously).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

You know a game is doing bad when even the last login change sounds exiting. After 1.5 years…

You know a game is doing bad when it is the fastest selling MMO in history being the most commercially successful MMO isn’t 2004’s WoW. Also, if you actually are a playing a game that you dislike, not accepting old content because you want new however you won’t accept that either because it should have been implemented from the start then you may as well change game.

Not saying out of offensive reasons but more of logical ones as you gonna hopefully enjoy another game while GW2 is gonna always be there if someday you will get bored and come back to it.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

“So is it only guild leaders who have access to seeing when members last logged on, or can the entire guild roster see it? If it is only the guild leader, then you will run into problems with guilds who have an inactive guild leader and the person who actually is leading the guild and needs that info is 1 rank below”

This. The guild I’m in now has a “leader” who I don’t think has logged into the game in at least six months. We make do with our highest ranked officers for missions and upgrades, but we’re unable to really do anything to better the guild without a leader with full permissions. So any change that is only for the “guild leader” leaves a portion of guilds out in the cold. :\

Posted by: Redstorm.1967

Redstorm.1967

As long as everyone can see the last logged out then not such a bad thing,especially as you can then track any friends you have in guild that just logged out etc.lotro style.However a better one would be a guild members “name” should show up in guild chat when they login/out.