Feedback/Questions: The Megaserver System: Guilds and the Future

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

Since release, I always thought it’s pointless to allow guilds to have different “chapters” across different servers, since players can join multiple guilds at the same time. What it does is to create confusion in wvw, as the same guild technically can be on the opposite teams of a match.

As of now, guilds should have been purely a subset of players on the same server, with the exception of a unique and universal guild name, ie, when Guild X is made on Server A, nobody on server B and C should make a guild named X.

With the planned changes to guilds (unified chapters), it seems that guild will be a competing variable to home server of a player during assignment of map instance, shall there be a mismatch between the two (ie, the player is on another chapter of the guild, apart from the main chapter).

This is a really inelegant solution, at least on paper. Inter-server guild interactivity is and will still be limited to chatting… I think it would be a better idea to refocus guild and allow players to create custom chat channels that’s open to all servers.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

I think these changes will be mostly positive. Yes, some things will change and people will have to adapt, but I think you should see no real changes in highly populated areas like LA/Gendaran fields. Reason? The sorting that determines what map you land on includes home server as (I suspect) a major factor. The biggest differences will be 1) low population maps will now have more people (but from different servers) and 2) boss events will be easier to schedule and complete, but also harder to mass farm.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I am confused about WvW, with Mega Servers the pops on PvE stabilize, but the very low-pop servers will still have one awful WvW experience….
Something the free transfers weeks only made worse at some servers that lost many guilds.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: CowAbductionInc.9687

CowAbductionInc.9687

Hoping Anet releases some information on Map chat with this new megaserver system, because obviously there are issues with coordinating WvW raids via Map chat. They did mention that you’ll be placed into maps with Home Server being taken into consideration, but all it takes is 1 person from another server to overhear WvW plans to ruin a raid.

So, other than complaining about it, what are some solutions? Have a new chat option which is server-based?

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

So, other than complaining about it, what are some solutions? Have a new chat option which is server-based?

This is a great idea!

Naz ©

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I was hoping you’d talk more about missions, as I imagine they will be heavily impacted by server mixing. Is it really too much to have these instanced? As an officer of a 500 man guild that gets 150 people online for their weekly commendations it’s kind of a big deal that the new system doesn’t disrupt our ability to do things together as a guild.

What is the likelihood that we get our own Plains of Ashford instance to do Puzzle? I felt like on command instancing with guild merits or a district system would satisfy all the disadvantages of megaservers… and yet we get neither. Is there anything in the pipeline about this?

Just concerned. Thank you for your time.

This please talk about this.

Posted by: EoNenmacil.2361

EoNenmacil.2361

I was hoping you’d talk more about missions, as I imagine they will be heavily impacted by server mixing. Is it really too much to have these instanced? As an officer of a 500 man guild that gets 150 people online for their weekly commendations it’s kind of a big deal that the new system doesn’t disrupt our ability to do things together as a guild.

What is the likelihood that we get our own Plains of Ashford instance to do Puzzle? I felt like on command instancing with guild merits or a district system would satisfy all the disadvantages of megaservers… and yet we get neither. Is there anything in the pipeline about this?

Just concerned. Thank you for your time.

This please talk about this.

THis needs to be talked about.

2nd Officer of Ethereal Guardians ~Syinne Rio~

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Hoping Anet releases some information on Map chat with this new megaserver system, because obviously there are issues with coordinating WvW raids via Map chat. They did mention that you’ll be placed into maps with Home Server being taken into consideration, but all it takes is 1 person from another server to overhear WvW plans to ruin a raid.

There will definitely be people from other servers on any one map — the whole point of this megaserver business is to have fewer maps in order to save money.

In the end, this may kill WvW. Without server identity, we’ll just have what EoTM ended up being: karma train 24/7.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

I hope they use this opportunity to fix the population / coverage imbalances between servers, either one would be swell. Either move people to balance populations (very unpopular I’m sure, so let’s call this plan B ), or rework the WvW schedule so 24/7 coverage isn’t the only thing that makes a server competitive.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: Enzeru.2789

Enzeru.2789

If we have the same guild upgrades on multiple servers, or different ones, will doubled upgrades be refunded when the guild is merged on all servers? Will spare points be wiped if you have them on one server but not the other or will they still only apply to that one server? I guess what I’m asking is if all our work on our old server is going to carry over, be refunded, or not matter like it does now.

Also, will the guild bank be shared across servers, too?

Guild Leader of Dragonheart Legion [DL] on Meguuma.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I felt that this issue deserved its own thread, as the concerns here aren’t the same as in the other threads.

The current system that Anet had, coupled with their desire for players to socialize, spawned mega guilds. This isn’t just one single guild filled with people, but rather a Community that spans all servers (i.e. TTS). In order for our Community to get together, we were able to guest to specific servers with low activity, thus being able to temporarily share the same world for boss runs or other events. The new Megaserver system eliminates guesting, so that presents a new problem: How will our players, spread across multiple servers in multiple guilds, play together now?

One thing that I’m thankful for is that we can still “taxi” to another party member’s maps. But while this option is available, the current formula to determine which Megaserver you’re placed it doesn’t accommodate multiple guilds in the same community. If players from 12+ different guilds within the community, from 12+ different home servers travel to the same location, we could potentially be spread across 12+ different Megaserver maps. Joining a single specific shared map becomes next to impossible even with the ability to “taxi” over.

With the recent blogs, guild will be able to start our own Guild World Events in the future. I like this very much. It will allow us to start a Teq or Great Wurm run at any time except for server scheduled events. It could give us time to organize and taxi on each other so we all reach the same map, but the issue still remains on how many different maps we’ll be separated on initially.

Potential solution: One way around this would be to create an Alliance system, like how we had in GW1. Since each guild has a maximum cap on the amount of members we can have, allowing each of our guilds in the community to be in the same Alliance could help with the distribution metrics Anet has. Then, with an Alliance grouping as part of the Megaserver formulas, if you are representing a guild within the Alliance, you’ll more likely go to a map with fellow Alliance members.

Overall, this system is great for players on servers with low PvE populations. The idea of the Megaservers helps to solve the Casual player’s problems, but it might be at the cost of the organized Communities. I’m hopeful that Anet will consider our dilemma as they beta test this new idea.

Edit – Wow… moderators merged my thread.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

My main question is “Will we still be limited to joining five guilds?” As it stands, our server community will basically have to make a new guild in other to get enough regulars to do the ‘hardcore’ events (mainly tequatl) so that we can pick our own time to do it on (the purposed tequatl revamp time is two hours later than the time we do it currently, which makes it 3am for me, blargh).

The only shining point is that guilds will have the opportunity to queue up the hardcore events so they can activate it at more reasonable times.

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

They have to merge the servers for population issues and imbalanced matchups on most tiers. There is really no way around it…

WvW is likely going to get some server alliances to even out the numbers. Any type of merger is going to be destructive to the WvW community. Not so bad on Kaenig, but it would be awful for any server in Silver league and get more terrible as it moves up the chain.

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

Why don’t you just implement guild halls, as a place in which players from all servers can be universally together.

From there, utilize guild halls to implement NPCs which trigger various activities in an instanced, universally accessible to all guild members ‘form’ . Instanced Raid-tier world bosses (teq etc.), guild-missions, or even whole versions of a map.

We’d get 1) Social Hubs for the guild 2) A clear distinction between Guild Activity and the rest of the game. 3) The rest of the game is still there as it is in it’s current state, we just get BONUS guild activity. – Sorry, not bonus, we ACTUALLY GET guild activity.

But really, I don’t even care about the above.

Guild Halls and GvG pls.

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

Posted by: Downfall.2671

Downfall.2671

Since guilds like TTS are just a symptom of bad game design (placing a 100+ players raid boss, that needs heavy preparation and coordination, into the uncontrollable open world with variable spawn timers), i’d rather fix the initial problem instead

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Since guilds like TTS are just a symptom of bad game design (placing a 100+ players raid boss, that needs heavy preparation and coordination, into the uncontrollable open world with variable spawn timers), i’d rather fix the initial problem instead

Well they do have the raid boss summoning upgrade so that might help jab that in the gob.

Definitely agree with the OP in the meantime. I know there’s a 2000 player guild on TC (AARM is their shared tag IIRC) and they’d probably want to all be together. An increase in the guild membership cap would certainly not go unappreciated.

I do have one concern though, and that’s Influence; a guild with that many players in it will be generating millions of Influence. While it is an irrelevant currency at the moment, it’ll become even more irrelevant.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

You shouldn’t have players spread across multiple guilds across multiple servers. In the future, guilds will span all servers features-and-influence wise. There’s no reason to keep such setups. And its not ANet’s fault, nor should they implement any workaround for bad player decisions.

Home worlds and guilds are the community. You can’t have people “inbetween” and expect to be able to play with them, especially since at the moment that isn’t even possible with the limited guesting functionality.

It only “works” in some situations.

Also , the guild cap exists for a reason, to stop guilds from “monopolizing” the player base, which is common in other games. “Superguilds” as we call them. They have very little benefit for the community as they discourage branching out.

Lets be honest, even 500 is way too much, and it why all the requirements to establish a complete guild with all upgrades are so insane.

This is correct.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Another idea that could help with this. Allow players to select with metric in the Megaserver formula they’d like to use. For example, if a German speaking player plays with mostly American speaking, the formulas won’t allow him to be group with other Germans. If we could select “German language” or “Same Guild/Alliance” to have a higher priority in the formula, that could help with which Megaserver a player will be placed on.

Edit – As for “bad design”, you have to understand that each server has a limit to how many players can be based there. The limitations of server capacity forced Anet to separate worlds as they are. TTS formed because players from different servers had a common purpose/goal. It’s not like we all knew each other from GW1, or outside of the game, so we couldn’t all select the same server to be on. We all met after the new Tequatl was introduced.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Sarrs.4831

Also , the guild cap exists for a reason, to stop guilds from “monopolizing” the player base, which is common in other games. “Superguilds” as we call them. They have very little benefit for the community as they discourage branching out.

IMHO I think that this should be discouraged by way of incentives rather than punishments. Smaller guilds could get bigger benefits out of guild XP/MF/gathering bonuses for example, compared to superguilds.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Downfall.2671

Well they do have the raid boss summoning upgrade so that might help jab that in the gob.

I agree, but that is just a small step. Anet should look into ways that make mega guilds unnecessary, IMHO. Like LFG but for zergs, where everyone gets ported to an exclusive instance with 30min to prepare the raid or whatever

Sarrs.4831

I agree, but that is just a small step. Anet should look into ways that make mega guilds unnecessary, IMHO. Like LFG but for zergs, where everyone gets ported to an exclusive instance with 30min to prepare the raid or whatever

Adding LFR would really undermine the experience of already optional high-coordination fights.

Being able to create your own private world instance would be cool though.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Smooth Penguin.5294

Actually, we formed a community among players from different servers. While it’s not “necessary” for us to all be in TTS, we rep because we all like to play with each other. It’s like our own Fellowship for PvE. It makes no sense for all of us to transfer to the same server, because we’re also loyal to our main servers in WvW. I can do events with my fellow TTS guildies from BG, or RP with my friends from TC, but I rep the #1 NA skilled server – Maguuma.

Downfall.2671

Adding LFR would really undermine the experience of already optional high-coordination fights.

Thats what mega guilds like TTS do, though. You’re essentially teaming up with other like-minded randoms. LFR would streamline this process so the players won’t need to exploit the guild system anymore. Another approach would be to make teq+wurm pug-able

Sarrs.4831

Thats what mega guilds like TTS do, though. You’re essentially teaming up with other like-minded randoms. LFR would streamline this process so the players won’t need to exploit the guild system anymore. Another approach would be to make teq+wurm pug-able

I don’t want to go on too huge of a rant, but there’s a difference between the game finding a group for you, and you finding a group with the game’s help. Experience is more fulfilling when you feel like you’re doing it yourself rather than the game holding your hand.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Why don’t you just implement guild halls, as a place in which players from all servers can be universally together.

From there, utilize guild halls to implement NPCs which trigger various activities in an instanced, universally accessible to all guild members ‘form’ . Instanced Raid-tier world bosses (teq etc.), guild-missions, or even whole versions of a map.

We’d get 1) Social Hubs for the guild 2) A clear distinction between Guild Activity and the rest of the game. 3) The rest of the game is still there as it is in it’s current state, we just get BONUS guild activity. – Sorry, not bonus, we ACTUALLY GET guild activity.

Guild Halls and GvG pls.

I think there is a bug on Anet’s computer: Every time someone mentions Guild Halls or GvG the text become white and on a white background and that is pretty much the same as invisible.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

TL:DR

As a friend pointed out, with this Megaserver being used in the towns, how are servers going to coordinate WvW Zergs without tipping off the other servers?

Though we are both in agreement that the Mystic Forge should be in every city to reduce the lag of the central hub (Lion’s Arch) and give true PvE players a non-laggy area to do Mystic Forgesmith dailies, the entrance to the Mists and WvW/EotM are in Lion’s Arch which gets laggy plus servers use the central hub city to plan WvW strategies since it is logical to plan at the entrances to these areas.

This Megaserver is making it where servers can’t rally players for surprise attacks in WvW.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Guild Halls and GvG pls.

My guess is because they want this content to be inclusionary, not exclusionary. They don’t (and never really have) want guilds to have the ability to choose content solely for them that no one else can participate in.

Whether you like that policy or not, it’s been one policy that Arena.net has not deviated from at all.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

As a friend pointed out, with this Megaserver being used in the towns, how are servers going to coordinate WvW Zergs without tipping off the other servers?

Though we are both in agreement that the Mystic Forge should be in every city to reduce the lag of the central hub (Lion’s Arch) and give true PvE players a non-laggy area to do Mystic Forgesmith dailies, the entrance to the Mists and WvW/EotM are in Lion’s Arch which gets laggy plus servers use the central hub city to plan WvW strategies since it is logical to plan at the entrances to these areas.

This Megaserver is making it where servers can’t rally players for surprise attacks in WvW.

I’m pretty sure that this would be a problem never entered Anet’s mind at all.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’m pretty sure that this would be a problem never entered Anet’s mind at all.

I’m quite sure the mega server idea is not synchronous with ESO’s release by accident. They are implementing this for marketing purposes, just as the rest of the new “features” are for new players and concerns much less their long-term players who are all geared up.

This feature pack seems like a set of general improvements to resell their game to the new Chinese market.

ESO got their server kitten straight from the beginning and it works well for both PvP and PvE (still too late to know about the end game PvE but the server mechanic in place is solid). Guild Wars 2 devs need to focus on their strength (content creation and combat mechanics) and stop trying to sell TP mine picks and gimmicks.

GW need only 3 things :
GvG and Guild Halls
New WvW maps
New PvE zones

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The one thing that would really improve guild’s social interactions is having a guild hall to ‘build’ together. Please add them to the game soon. I’ve been waiting so long for them (and personal home instances, but I’d be happy with just guild halls).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

Will the main Hub be a part of the Megaserver solution?

As a heavy WvW, I can see problems with finding a afk/chill spot if the Hub is a part of the Megaserver. The possibility to troll and flame guild members from other server wont be good for the community.

Please, leave the Hub server-only!

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Sorry if this has been said but…
My Guildleader pointed out to me that this MegaServer system could make it hard for us to recruit new members on our server and as someone said on this thread, ‘It will be hard to recruit WvW players’. I hoped then that the last Blog would be about open a Global Server channel where people can talk with their server, to anywone on your server who has ServerGlobal chat activated.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

So if I get it right, there STILL won’t be Guild Halls and/or Guild Capes added to the game?

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You shouldn’t have players spread across multiple guilds across multiple servers. In the future, guilds will span all servers features-and-influence wise. There’s no reason to keep such setups. And its not ANet’s fault, nor should they implement any workaround for bad player decisions.

TTS, to use one of the more prominent community guilds, currently spans six thousand players. Please, enlighten us as to how they’re supposed to fit all of those people into a single guild who’s capacity limit is 500? Those “bad player decisions” were precipitated by bad game design by anet as well, so I fail to see how you can legitimately place the blame on players who worked with a poorly built system to get the job done. You dont kitten at the waitress about cold food, you kitten at the manager for not having enough staff. It’s the same thing here.

And yet guilds like TTS are completely willing to let the “natives” of the server they guest to in on Teq raids, and often ASK for them to come. Also, your complaint is completely invalid as a direct result of the ability to rep one of five guilds at any given time. What REALLY discourages branching out in GW2 are guilds that demand, require, and harass for 100% rep. It’s these guilds that have very little benefit for the community. Oh sure, it’s all about the influence you’ll say. BS. I’ll go pay a gold and net the guild more influence than they’d get of me running events for 8 hours.

Lets be honest, even 500 is way too much, and it why all the requirements to establish a complete guild with all upgrades are so insane.

In any other MMO you might have a shot at being right. But because of the ability to belong to 5 guilds and the ability to convert cash into guild currency, your argument is deflating faster than a popped balloon.

This is correct.

It’s not. Guilds like TTS will happen no matter what, no matter the game, if enough people decide to play a game according to a particular philosophy and mindset. GW2 simply gives them the tools to make that growth easier.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I doubt you’ll implement such a thing though as it would effectively remove server transfer fundings.

I’m still rather upset because I don’t WvW a lot, and I just paid for a server transfer, which is now pretty clearly useless for anything but WvW

Same here… 800 gems down the drain. Can we file a ticket for this and get the gems back?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

So if I get it right, there STILL won’t be Guild Halls and/or Guild Capes added to the game?

It’s truly tragic

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Naz.2607

This bothers me a lot

I’m quite sure the mega server idea is not synchronous with ESO’s release by accident. They are implementing this for marketing purposes, just as the rest of the new “features” are for new players and concerns much less their long-term players who are all geared up.

If this is the case, then I doubt they will listen to our requests for changes. Which also bothers me a lot

GW need 3 things :
GvG and Guild Halls
New WvW maps
New PvE zones

It is true that these are the top 3 things that ppl have been asking for in gw2 for a year now. (eotm is not a ‘real’ wvw map)
New maps, no explanation necessary
GvG zone. I do not personally participate in gvg but, so many ppl have been screaming for this for so long, it doesn’t make sense to not have given it to them yet. Also, Anet could then claim that they have FOUR different game modes to offer in 1 game. OS was hastily implemented as a temp fix & is not a desirable situation for gvg, hence it doesn’t get used.
It would also be nice for the rest of us straight up wvw’ers to not have gvg’s queueing up our maps. Would really just be a win/win/win.

Naz ©

Naz.2607

My Guildleader pointed out to me that this MegaServer system could make it hard for us to recruit new members on our server and as someone said on this thread, ‘It will be hard to recruit WvW players’. I hoped then that the last Blog would be about open a Global Server channel where people can talk with their server, to anywone on your server who has ServerGlobal chat activated.

If they are determined to take over the cities with megaserver, then this becomes an absolute necessity.
It’s a wonderful idea in the first place. Would tie the community together even better if they were able to participate in general server conversation from any area in Tyria, as well as, wvw.
In pve, it would make the world not feel so lonely and desolate.
In wvw, it would allow us to ask for reinforcements w/o having to leave wvw to do so, & also provide possible additional entertainment.
For those that like their peace and quiet while they’re gaming, they simply tick the box next to “server chat” & make it go away.
In addition, WvW, PvE, PvX, GvG guilds would be able to recruit much easier.
Also, if this were to be implemented fully, it would be helpful if there was a slight shade differential in the color to immediately separate wvw requests, from pve chat. Just a slight shade/color difference so that it’s not obnoxious.

Naz ©

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Edit: Looks like this post was merged back into the Mega Server thread. Fair enough. I don’t expect a response, but I do hope this gets read.

My name is Phineas Poe and I am a senior officer of Ethereal Guardians [EG] on the Sanctum of Rall server. We are a very large guild. We have ~150 concurrent players online during NA prime hours. Just in the past 24 hours we’ve probably had 300 members of our 500-man roster sign online. So understand me when I say we are a very large guild.

We do a lot of things together. We do dungeons and fractals, both tutorial runs and speed clears. We kill Tequatl daily. We do guild missions every Saturday. We do large-scale open world events like monthly jumping puzzle runs. And we push world events on a daily basis for Sanctum of Rall and participate actively in the event train. This past Sunday one of our members organized a dive master run, which saw quite a bit of a turnout.

So understand me when I say that we are not a “guild of pugs,” as some smaller guilds may call guilds of our size. We have an active community—a vibrant one—with a culture, a voice, and everything.

We were for the most part excited for the feature patch. As PvX players, we are looking forward to the PvP reward overhaul that will allow us to take our swag into the Mists. We are looking forward to the Reward Track system as an alternative way to acquire gear. And we are looking forward to watching some of our guild members ascend in rank and see obtaining Dragon as a reachable goal. We’re happy that they’re happy.

But there’s one thing we’re concerned with: the mega-server system. We’re not outright displeased the idea, and I think it will help revitalize Sanctum of Rall getting some mixture with other lower population servers. Since the WvW exodus, things just haven’t been the same on Sanctum, even with regard to PvE! We are looking forward to seeing the world more active and bustling, both inside and outside of towns, but there are a few questions that we have.

We want to be sure that this new system will not threaten what we have been building over the past year and more, crafting a guild that wields enough power to singularly kill Tequatl on its own regardless of what server we guest to, because we like doing Tequatl as a guild. Unfortunately this often means that there is very little space for other players. We don’t make a point to be exclusionary. We don’t mind at all when randoms attend our kills, whether it’s on Sanctum of Rall or whether we guest to another server. We advertise our Teamspeak server openly and are more than welcome to teaching new players the fight. We are OK with this content being open world, but we want to know if we will still have the ability to at least play in a map that isn’t already well populated.

I’m concerned, primarily because the idea of the mega-server system is to make the game feel more populated, yes? This is a very good thing and makes the game more fun. I like the idea of Snowden Drifts being full of people from all different servers farming iron. But I’m not so sure I like that idea when I’m trying to pull 100 people into the map so we can do our own Guild Puzzle. Understand that I am more than satisfied with the idea of the world feeling alive and populated, but understand as well that my objective as an officer of a large guild is to find a way to accommodate my members to the best of my ability—and I am concerned that your objective of making the world feel more populated directly conflicts with our ability to do guild missions and Tequatl.

So here is my question: is it out of the question that guild missions occur in a fresh map? Is it out of the question that Tequatl events started by guilds are capable of being started in our own overflow? We understand that you want the world to feel inclusionary, and we’re OK with that. Don’t let them be entirely locked! Just let us have the opportunity to spawn a new map at our leisure. If other players manage to come in after we’ve started our Puzzle or Tequatl run, that’s more than OK, and we are more than happy to create an inclusionary atmosphere that welcomes non-guildies to our events. We want that.

It may be hard for you to believe me, but there’s nothing more satisfying to me than to see a random player participate in our Tequatl kills and receive Tequatl’s Horde. I love seeing some newer, less experienced player walking away with mounds of goodies, as I believe that is exactly what these world events stand for. We like helping our server with Tequatl to the best of our ability, and we like participating with the rest of the game at large.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

If they are determined to take over the cities with megaserver, then this becomes an absolute necessity.
It’s a wonderful idea in the first place. Would tie the community together even better if they were able to participate in general server conversation from any area in Tyria, as well as, wvw.
In pve, it would make the world not feel so lonely and desolate.
In wvw, it would allow us to ask for reinforcements w/o having to leave wvw to do so, & also provide possible additional entertainment.
For those that like their peace and quiet while they’re gaming, they simply tick the box next to “server chat” & make it go away.
In addition, WvW, PvE, PvX, GvG guilds would be able to recruit much easier.
Also, if this were to be implemented fully, it would be helpful if there was a slight shade differential in the color to immediately separate wvw requests, from pve chat. Just a slight shade/color difference so that it’s not obnoxious.

Exactly this what I meant and I realy hope it is concidered and possible.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Phineas Poe.3018

Contrary to what other guilds may think of us, we don’t want to hide in our own overflows, or our own server. We don’t want the game to feel like there’s no one else around outside of EG. That’s already kind of (no offense Rallians) how SoR feels like, and is why we are excited for the mega-server system.

But if you could at least throw us a bone here and allow us not just the ability to start Teq at will, but start it in a fresh overflow, you will solve a lot of the issues that are about to crop up with the mega-server system. And we’ll spend all the influence or merits required to do this. Charge us. Fleece us. We don’t mind. Just give us the option!

I do believe that the mega-server system is a gigantic step in the right direction for the game at large, but I do think that this is something that you should take under consideration to make sure that there are no unnecessary side effects that result in making things tougher for us. We truly believe that this game can be what everyone wants it to be, and that we can find a way to satisfy large guilds like EG in organizing events without going so far away as to exclude content from the open world entirely.

Thank you.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

The new system is designed to do exactly what you need. Put all your guildies on the same map to fight the dragon. As a bonus, you can now actually trigger him on demand. And it’s not a hidden overflow, so you’re not separated from the rest of the community either.

Was there any particular reason you thought this thread about the megaserver, that covers the same topic as what’s already discussed in the main thread, had to be made into it’s own thread?

(edited by Naqaj.6219)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

To add to Naqaj if you do Guild teq there is no reason for anyone but your guild to swamp you. If for some reason there is a large number on the zone you would as a guild all wind up on your own. If there where a couple of others on the zone and some guild members went to a different variant you just start taxing into the lower guild based instance like you do now with overflows.

Phineas Poe.3018

If there where a couple of others on the zone and some guild members went to a different variant you just start taxing into the lower guild based instance like you do now with overflows.

But there is a significantly more elegant solution to this as I’ve outlined. Is it too much to ask?

Why should taxiing be the best case scenario here?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

It’s not. Guilds like TTS will happen no matter what, no matter the game, if enough people decide to play a game according to a particular philosophy and mindset. GW2 simply gives them the tools to make that growth easier.

Except that, as the name implies, it was born after the Tequatl revamp. And only due of how that boss is structured, i would add – there wouldn’t have been any need for such a guild otherwise.
And creating what are essentially private instances via overflows is something that was never intended to be done by players – they would have added an appropriate system otherwise. They are basically just forcing to fight those bosses as they are supposed to be fought: with random people, that may or may not be experienced or prepared enough.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

What other than WvW is the purpose of servers after this change? Cities and WvW are the only places where Crystal Desert players will see other CD players. Guilds are built by advertising in map chat or by inviting players who you meet while playing.

I see this change hurting guilds.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: George.8192

George.8192

Need some specification about guild banks merging from cross servers—

My specific situation, I have 2 accounts. I have both accounts on different servers. 2 of the personal guild banks are the same in name, but each server being separate they have their own upgrades and bank space.

So…server (A) has guild (1) with rank ups IV,VI,V,V and 250 FULL bank slots (mostly exotic gear)
Server (A) has guild (2) with rank ups 0,II,0,II and 50 FULL bank slots (exotic runes)
Server (B) has guild (1) with rank ups II,IV,III,V and 250 bank slots mostly full with exotics/rares/mats/other non account bound stackables
Server (B) has guild (2) with rank ups 0,II,0,0 and 50 full bank slots of misc stuff.

So while the rank ups I am little annoyed with, my big concern is the bank slots…When I realized the same guild would have server bound guild bank and rankups, I realized I could have both accounts in same guild to help lessen confusion. If the merge ends up destroying one of the guild banks I end up losing up to 350 banked items or potentially 700 if it destroyed both… and then there is the gold in banks (I think 800 in one and 200 in another)

Please let us know how you handle this issue, if I need to mass salvage or throw crap up on TP to save, I’ll need time to do it -_-

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

One of my biggest regrets about my first server transfer years ago was the loss of the guild influence I had earned with my play-every-day launch blitz. Will this new system see all of the guild influence my guild has (now across 4 servers and 6 players) merge? We would finally be able to finish the architecture tree.

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

Going to be quite interesting when you have multiple guilds all trying to pop teq at the same time. Taxi nightmare.

Posted by: Chant.6915

Chant.6915

Rather dismayed the specifics of what effect this will have on multiple server guild banks will have. Are there so few of us that have?