Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Unless you have an army of them, and wanted to unlock all dyes for all chars, the lowered demand will not be enough to cover the massive drop in supply. There may be a few people that will come ahead on this, but for almost every new player, this is a definite change for the worse.
Unless there are some changes to supply we haven’t heard about yet, of course (personally i doubt they wouldn’t mention them if there were any beneficial ones).

Keep in mind that there will be a rather big influx of new unidentified dyes at the day of the patch, due to all duplicate dyes turning into unidentified dyes.

There will also be quite a bit of them sold on the TP due to crafters and so on. And to be fair, dye drops in the open world is most likely not the biggest supply of them currently anyway, seeing how they drop quite rarely.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Seriously what’s wrong with the community ? The wardrobe has been asked for… Since the beginning of the game ? And people still say that Anet doesn’t listen to players… The same can be said about the account bound dyes.

Posted by: gordonlsj.4391

gordonlsj.4391

well lets say u own a dynamic spinal blade and you have 3 characters , sure u can only play 1 character at a time but then assume u have the skin on all 3 characters , it would be 3x common since all your character has it in , its like if a person has 3 different outfits each one of the outfit is different and unique but lets say u have the same shirt for every outfit then it would look rather common, hope u know where im coming from

No I have no idea where you’re coming from… seriously no idea at all.

amount visible same as before but amount of times seen is more

Ok that makes slightly more sense. But no, why can’t shouldn’t I be able to reuse my skins, that I earned / purchased on more than one character? It might increase visibility, but it doesn’t devalue it.

a few items like molten jackpack , holographic dragon wing are going down in price lol and i frankly own a few holographic dragon wings and i also made a few spinal blade back for my other characters but now..

(edited by gordonlsj.4391)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

However, I, and many others it seems, are concerned that changing the armour and weapon skins of characters below level 80 will, in the new system, treble in price, putting several people off the idea and potentially meaning people don’t even start experimenting with their look until level 80, which is a shame.

Experimenting is free. You also have access to every single skin in the game to preview, not only those in pvp locker, available at all times, even as a fresh level 1. You can preview everything without even having the skin unlocked and once you find what you like you use the charges to make it.

I agree though that lower level character won’t transmute, what’s the point of transmuting the skin on gear that you will exchange anyway?

I have a different suggestion as an addition to the wardrobe. Instead of applying the SKIN to the ITEM, apply it to the SLOT instead. For example, instead of applying my T3 Cultural Chest armor to my CoF Chest armor, I will apply it to my Chest slot.

That way, everytime I put ANYTHING on the chest area, it will get the stats of the new gear, but it will keep the looks. It would easily help with lower level characters, but it would certainly cause issues to higher level ones. Perhaps have both options available?

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I think it would be cool if you could pay to transmute multiple skins onto a set of gear, and then freely be able to switch between the skins you put on the single pieces of gear.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

However, I, and many others it seems, are concerned that changing the armour and weapon skins of characters below level 80 will, in the new system, treble in price, putting several people off the idea and potentially meaning people don’t even start experimenting with their look until level 80, which is a shame.

Experimenting is free. You also have access to every single skin in the game to preview, not only those in pvp locker, available at all times, even as a fresh level 1. You can preview everything without even having the skin unlocked and once you find what you like you use the charges to make it.

I agree though that lower level character won’t transmute, what’s the point of transmuting the skin on gear that you will exchange anyway?

I have a different suggestion as an addition to the wardrobe. Instead of applying the SKIN to the ITEM, apply it to the SLOT instead. For example, instead of applying my T3 Cultural Chest armor to my CoF Chest armor, I will apply it to my Chest slot.

That way, everytime I put ANYTHING on the chest area, it will get the stats of the new gear, but it will keep the looks. It would easily help with lower level characters, but it would certainly cause issues to higher level ones. Perhaps have both options available?

Well, yes, you can preview in the wardrobe, but it’s not the same as testing something out in-game. I quite often don’t really know what an armor looks like until I leave preview – for instance dye colours change, the look may grow on me over time etc. You aren’t wrong, but it’s not ideal.

Your suggestion makes sense if you want the same look across each gear type – it would certainly save you money. But what if people want each stat set to have a different look? I, for instance, have the flamekissed armour skin on my zerker gear, but the phoenix armour skin on my rampager’s gear. If I applied a look to a slot, I’d have to either pay to change the look each time I swapped (so no different to how it would work now), or have the same look for both sets.

I don’t particularly mind the transmutation charges (though I had hoped we’d pay to unlock once and then have the skin available for free at any time) but it’s just the increased cost to lower levels that irks a little – not enough for me to rage about, but if they could implement some sort of system like the one I suggested, I think it would satisfy the majority.

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

I have a question about Cultural armour. As we unlock skins for our account, does this mean that cultural armour can be used cross-species? Say a human ranger, can they use the sylvari or norn medium cultural armour? God, I hope not. I tried searching and couldn’t find this answer.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I have a question about Cultural armour. As we unlock skins for our account, does this mean that cultural armour can be used cross-species? Say a human ranger, can they use the sylvari or norn medium cultural armour? God, I hope not. I tried searching and couldn’t find this answer.

No. Species and armor weight class restriction will remain as they currently are on gear.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

No. Species and armor weight class restriction will remain as they currently are on gear.

Thank you.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I think it would be cool if you could pay to transmute multiple skins onto a set of gear, and then freely be able to switch between the skins you put on the single pieces of gear.

That’s what most of us were expecting; unlimited free swaps after purchase and/or transmutation. ANet gets their sales and we get true cosmetic progression. Doesn’t look very promising so far, but I’ll reserve judgement until the 15th.

Posted by: Kamatsu.8206

Kamatsu.8206

Has there been any indication as to how the new wardrobe changes will be dealing with the skins you can get in the HoM? Or the Achievement gear skins?

Because as it stands now, anyone who has linked a GW1 & GW2 account and has unlocked anything, can just travel there and get the skins for armor, weapons, focus, etc at any time they want and freely apply to what they want for the look.

Same goes with the unlocked achievement skins anyone at anytime can just go to their achievement panel, grab a skin and then apply it to their gear.

- Any indication if this will be changed with these new changes?
- Will we now need to use transformation charges to apply these skins once this change is done? (and thus likely/possibly cost gold/gems in the end, unlike right now)
- Or will it remain as it is, that HoM & Achievement rewards stay as an “apply Once” item that you can get and use at anytime?

I’ve tried reading a few threads, esp those with ANet staff answering.. but haven’t seen any answer on this. Most ppl are commenting about the dye & town clothing changes… but I’m left wondering what will happen to the HoM & achievement skin rewards.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I would still like an answer from Anet on if the LS skins from the metas that players no longer have will be added to the wardrobe.

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I didn’t mean forging Eternity using Sunrise and Twilight skins. I meant what if you actually unlock the Sunrise and Twilight skins by equipping them and then later using the actual weapons to create Eternity… to sell off. Yes, you lose the legendary weapon stats but you are left with free Sunrise and Twilight skins + profit

Oh, that’s a twist to it! So you unlock the skins by equip, and then you mean that fusing them both together to Eternity would make Eternity BoE?

That’s wicked.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: Shin Phoenix.9243

Shin Phoenix.9243

100% this

That had occurred to me too. The simplest case would be to leave them as they are or to make the HoM and achievement skins “free” to reskin to.

Anything that stops them from being free and unlimited use would be doing the players a grave disservice.

S

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

My guess is that once you unlock the skin, you can equip it at any time from the hero panel using transmutation charges. But if you go to the HoM instance and talk with the NPC you can get a skin that you can apply it for free.

At least I hope so.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

ANet staff

You’ve been playing too much if you read it as a weapon.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Reiko.8249

Reiko.8249

The thread about the concerns for players already dual-wielding legendaries (incinerator, bolt, quip, moot, frostfang) was deleted and merged with this thread, but this doesn’t seem to be focusing on that aspect at all – merely the concerns with the wardrobe in general, and for the most part, the issue with transmutation charges being as frustrating as crystals are currently.

Originally there was a page discussing duals, but it was merged here. There needs to be one, as this is worthy of it’s own focus. Players who spent months, and thousands of gold, creating legendaries because that was the only way to acquire that look have now had their work entirely nullified. I would like to see more attention on this, because it seems as though it isn’t going to be addressed in the slightest. Anet has said since beta that legendaries are supposed to be arduous and expansive quests to undertake, and blatantly devaluing our effort seems rude and thoughtless to some of the more dedicated players in the game.

I’ve said it before – limit the skins you can display. You can’t let players sell them, the market will crash so hard it’s absurd. So if you have 1 incinerator, or infinite light, or whisperblade or whatever the skin is, you can only display one at a time. Don’t let players clone their weapons into their other hand – this is stupid. I have no complaints about alts, as I know many players appreciate that addition. But having one incinerator and showing 2 makes everyone who made 2 feel like anet is the big bully who stole their lunch money.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The thread about the concerns for players already dual-wielding legendaries (incinerator, bolt, quip, moot, frostfang) was deleted and merged with this thread, but this doesn’t seem to be focusing on that aspect at all – merely the concerns with the wardrobe in general, and for the most part, the issue with transmutation charges being as frustrating as crystals are currently.

Originally there was a page discussing duals, but it was merged here. There needs to be one, as this is worthy of it’s own focus. Players who spent months, and thousands of gold, creating legendaries because that was the only way to acquire that look have now had their work entirely nullified. I would like to see more attention on this, because it seems as though it isn’t going to be addressed in the slightest. Anet has said since beta that legendaries are supposed to be arduous and expansive quests to undertake, and blatantly devaluing our effort seems rude and thoughtless to some of the more dedicated players in the game.

I’ve said it before – limit the skins you can display. You can’t let players sell them, the market will crash so hard it’s absurd. So if you have 1 incinerator, or infinite light, or whisperblade or whatever the skin is, you can only display one at a time. Don’t let players clone their weapons into their other hand – this is stupid. I have no complaints about alts, as I know many players appreciate that addition. But having one incinerator and showing 2 makes everyone who made 2 feel like anet is the big bully who stole their lunch money.

This one talks about this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-Legendaries-in-Wardrobe/first

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Zombrawgs.3701

Zombrawgs.3701

I turned my old meta items into pvp items, since I couldn’t decide which character to soulbind them to and bank space was full (buying another tab is on the near future to-do list when I can afford). The only reason I play any pvp at all is because of the meta skins.

With the new wardrobe system to come out, my decision to turn these items into pvp gear is made utterly useless.

The question: With old meta items in the new system; is there a chance that they’ll be reverted back to their unused states (as there are players who would’ve use them differently given the new fashion system), or that they’ll be treated like the Radiant/Hellfire gear, or… something else entirely?

Lilith Ajit.6173

I believe that as you enter the mists on patch day, your equipped items will be added to the main wardrobe. So then, if you go into your locker, you can right click on skins and add them to your wardrobe. (This is how I understand it). They are trying to combine the two game modes more, which is why this is happening.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: DoRnbush.7984

DoRnbush.7984

I too am very curious about this. I was about to post the exact same question as I too have purchased the skins but have lost them one way or another along the way.

Zombrawgs.3701

I believe that as you enter the mists on patch day, your equipped items will be added to the main wardrobe. So then, if you go into your locker, you can right click on skins and add them to your wardrobe. (This is how I understand it). They are trying to combine the two game modes more, which is why this is happening.

Can’t help but feel a bit wary, since I have a couple dungeon skins in my pvp locker. Normally you’d have to play through the dunegon paths about 8 times to collect both, but I attained them through those pvp level chests by pure luck. It would feel so odd to wear those in pve since I got the dungeon skins for essentially free, with no hard work involved.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Can’t help but feel a bit wary, since I have a couple dungeon skins in my pvp locker. Normally you’d have to play through the dunegon paths about 8 times to collect both, but I attained them through those pvp level chests by pure luck. It would feel so odd to wear those in pve since I got the dungeon skins for essentially free, with no hard work involved.

No need to feel weird about it. People buy dungeon paths all the time. For instance, I rarely PvP and I have Arah armors in my PvP locker o.O. But then, people can get Arah armor by paying a guy 5g per path. shrug

Wear what you want, when you want. It’s so exciting. Here’s a for instance: PvP’ers who got infinite light much cheaper than PvE’ers (well, cheaper to some, I guess) will now have full access to that skin. It’s a bit weird. But it’s plain awesome.

[ARES]

CrossedHorse.4261

You still played PvP though, so SOME work was involved at least, lol. I wouldn’t worry about it – nobody’s going to be pointing you out or anything. If they make this change, just enjoy it!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

PvP skins and PvE skins will no longer be mutually exclusive. This means that any skin that you unlocked for PvP will be available in your Wardrobe after the character wearing gear with equipped PvP skins visits the Heart of the Mists. In addition, any skins that were in your PvP Locker will be unlocked upon arriving at the Heart of the Mists.

…per the Knowledge Base

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

No need to feel weird about it. People buy dungeon paths all the time. For instance, I rarely PvP and I have Arah armors in my PvP locker o.O. But then, people can get Arah armor by paying a guy 5g per path. shrug

Wear what you want, when you want. It’s so exciting. Here’s a for instance: PvP’ers who got infinite light much cheaper than PvE’ers (well, cheaper to some, I guess) will now have full access to that skin. It’s a bit weird. But it’s plain awesome.

I was actually a bit upset about that (dem charged lodes), but then I shrugged it off. It’s like how people get precursors by random luck. Someone has better luck than you, oh well. So long as they don’t brag about getting cool skins for cheaper of course. Cause then that’s just being a kitten.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: XJamo.1930

XJamo.1930

They shouldn’t include legendaries in the list of skins there’s already a lot of them out there. If you can apply the skins to your alts it defeats the whole meaning of legendary and all it will be at the end of the day is a shiny skin with a fancy name. If the skin is added to this system people will be able to have the best weapon in the game on every toon. I don’t think the people out there who worked for two copy’s of there legendary sword, mace, pistol or so on would have done it for the freedom of swapping stats but to make there toon look cool. we don’t want a sea of legendaries on every alt a player has and we don’t want our legendarys to be devalued into a skin with a stat swapping mechanic. I know this because iv also asked my guild and they agree it destroyes the legendary title and sence of achievement. If you want to be able to move your legendarys let us do so by making them account bound weapons apon usage. Legendary weapons are already in a bad stat of value to the point that you can run a whole dung with a party of legendaries and not even notice or care. Don’t devalue it again and allow people to have copy’s on every toon.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would have to guess not, as they also have records of any Gem Store purchases you might have deliberately deleted.

Though, after the patch releases, you can always send a request to CS, and find out definitively.

Zombrawgs.3701

If you were here, by my side, I swear you’d be able to hear the proverbial clink go off in my head as I realize I’ll be able to wear dungeon armor in pve. And cultural gear in pvp.

The light I see is glorious. At the end is pretty pretty avatars.

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

Well I would like to ask a question as well:
Will I be able to transmute the thief starter hood in let’s say.. My guardian helm? It would be awesome to be able to do that, I longed for the day I could use the hood on my other toons and I find the Heavy armor helmets way unappealing.
At least lifting the restriction from doing that with starter’s gear would be nice.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The only thing I want to know is this:

Will previous LS items that I unlocked but have since deleted due to lack of storage space be available in my wardrobe?

Posted by: kitsune.3741

kitsune.3741

every time I ask someone about the reason armor skins are separated by armor class the general accepted answer seems to be so I prepare for the class I’m fighting[personally disagree with that even so but that’s just me] however after a bit of looking I didn’t find anything that says the outfits are active or deactivate in wvw and assuming it is active in wvw wouldn’t that render this reasoning invalid because that warrior is wearing a dapper winter outfit[which in the armor system would likely be classed as light armor] and charging at my face now I could be wrong but clarification would be nice.

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Also have some thing with multiple quantities, but really don’t care. I bought them for the purpose to use them, and I did. I think I got my money worth.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Will all the gems armors we have bought be unlocked even if we salvaged some of them?

Thanks,

CrossedHorse.4261

Well I would like to ask a question as well:
Will I be able to transmute the thief starter hood in let’s say.. My guardian helm? It would be awesome to be able to do that, I longed for the day I could use the hood on my other toons and I find the Heavy armor helmets way unappealing.
At least lifting the restriction from doing that with starter’s gear would be nice.

No, armours will remain restricted to their current weight classes.

Posted by: Tofu.1978

Tofu.1978

Will all the gems armors we have bought be unlocked even if we salvaged some of them?

Thanks,

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe says:

“If any of your characters are wearing or own any piece of an armor set (such as the Profane armor set or the Magitech armor set), all of the remaining pieces will be unlocked in your Wardrobe in addition to any pieces currently on your character or in your inventory.”

So did you salvage the whole set or just part of it?

Devout Tofu, Hardened Tofu, Cryptic Tofu, Unstable Tofu, Expired Tofu
Knights of the Rose [KoR] – Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

The new wardrobe appears to be an awesome step in the right direction. I love that my bank is now freed up and the skins I paid for will be saved, allowing me to put them on any character without the use of splitters. At first I was happy about this, but then I looked into it more.

I have mixed feelings about this because the wardrobe is still pay to change or grind for 20+ minutes to explore an area for a transmutation crystal/charge. I am curious as to why Anet came this far only to put a monetary price on changing the looks on our gear. I have already paid for armors, why should we continue to have to pay to change things up? Why can’t this just be unlimited?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The new wardrobe appears to be an awesome step in the right direction. I love that my bank is now freed up and the skins I paid for will be saved, allowing me to put them on any character without the use of splitters. At first I was happy about this, but then I looked into it more.

I have mixed feelings about this because the wardrobe is still pay to change or grind for 20+ minutes to explore an area for a transmutation crystal/charge. I am curious as to why Anet came this far only to put a monetary price on changing the looks on our gear. I have already paid for armors, why should we continue to have to pay to change things up? Why can’t this just be unlimited?

Keep in mind that while they are keeping the cost to transmute (charges instead of stones/crystals, but same diff really), they are also reducing the overall costs to players for gemstore skins.

You don’t have to purchase multiple sets of armor to use it on mulitple alts now. In fact, it’s cheaper to pay a single transmute if you want just the top, rather than having to pay for a whole new set. The same goes for the weapons. A lot of people wanted 2 of Jory’s daggers. Now they just pay for one skin, and for the transmutes for more. 1 skin and 1 transmute is less than 2 skins. This is reducing Anet’s revenue from some of these gem shop items significantly.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Becuase you will have to enjoy your armor instead of changing it every 5 seconds. Making things too easy prove itself to be a failure of a model and people end up being un-statisfied.

Posted by: Poutsikka.2745

Poutsikka.2745

This pretty much says what I felt when checking the blog yesterday. I was really excited about wardrobe until I noticed the transmutation fees. “If I already grinded dungeons a lot to get these cool skins, why do I have to pay more to change my characters look.”
After thinking about it though, I realized that I wouldn’t have changed my chars look that often anyways.
And this change is really big step in the right direction. Changing character’s look is much easier after the patch, even with the price.

Still Anet hasn’t commented about acquirement of transmutation fees. Maybe there will be some good way to get those so that the fee doesn’t really matter unless someone wants to chance their character all the time.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

This pretty much says what I felt when checking the blog yesterday. I was really excited about wardrobe until I noticed the transmutation fees. “If I already grinded dungeons a lot to get these cool skins, why do I have to pay more to change my characters look.”
After thinking about it though, I realized that I wouldn’t have changed my chars look that often anyways.
And this change is really big step in the right direction. Changing character’s look is much easier after the patch, even with the price.

Still Anet hasn’t commented about acquirement of transmutation fees. Maybe there will be some good way to get those so that the fee doesn’t really matter unless someone wants to chance their character all the time.

I still am disappointed in it because I am one of those people who like to change their characters skins around a lot. The cost of the changes are so high now for levels 1-79 that I don’t think I’ll ever use the Wardrobe for those characters unless the Wardrobe Charges drop a lot more than the transmutation stones/crystals did.

By today’s exchange each Wardrobe charge would cost 7 gold. That’s 49 gold for your entire outfit including the back piece.

Posted by: Downwood.3192

Downwood.3192

The problem is that this isn’t a wardrobe. A wardrobe is a collection of clothes that you can pick and choose and use at any time because it’s yours.

This is a unlockable skin store.

You work, grind, and put effort in to collect skin. You pay real cash for, or convert gold to gems to buy skins on the TP. Either way, you can now earn the right to pay again to use something that you’ve unlocked. While you .can. keep the original item of the skin, that just puts us back to where we were, with a dozen bank tabs full of gear that we don’t get rid of because we might want to use it. Now, if we put it in the wardrobe, delete the original item, and then decide we want it, we have to pay Anet to use it again.

While being able to apply multiple copies of gemstore and more importantly, dungeon skins, is in fact pretty boss, and I do love this part of it, I still see paying 600 gems to store 30 items indefinitely a much better deal than paying 800 gems to be able to use 25 item skins once. I, for one, will not pay 6 charges to put on a set of skins for a few hours only to have to pay 6 more to swap it back out when I’m done. And this, of course, leads us back to storing potentially dozens of sets of armor in bank tabs ‘just in case’. So now we’re back to this merely being a skin store that you have to put a lot of time and effort (or cash) into unlocking things to be able to buy (potentially repeatedly) later.

I’m waiting to see the actual effects of the town clothes changes before I completely lose my kittens. However, the fundamental intelligent thing to do is continue with the outfit system as suggested for the core pieces and allow the peripheral pieces to become appropriate item skins.

For instance, the Pirate Outfit. I know how this one works because I happen to own it. The top and pants are one item in the system and apply as one item and are colored as one item. However, the hat, boots, and gloves are separate pieces. I think that they should be converted to item skins for those appropriate slots and then the top/pants can continue to be used as an ‘outfit’ that would overlay the top/pants (shoulders?) of whatever you’re wearing, leaving the helm, boots, (shoulders?) and gloves alone. (parenthesis are because I can see that going either way with the preference to allow us to hide or not hide shoulders as we currently can already do at our discretion)

This would effectively give us even more options and given the ‘skin store’ aspect of the wardrobe, even more ways to give Anet money.

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I understand that some items like the pirates cannon or the witches broom will get transformed into tonics, but I don’t get why they also wants to transform the gw2 t-shirt and gw2 cap into tonics.

Realism? Well, you can already beat the enemy with a sugar hammer or use a sling instead of a short bow, so why not the t-shirts?

Is your argument, that all the wearable stuff can still be obtainable? F.e. you could still play through gw1 for the armor? Ok, well, then just include the gw2 promo t-shirt and cap into the heroic edition. That way it is still obtainable, still wearable in combat, and you might sell some heroic edition upgrades through the gem store as well.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That’s what most of us were expecting; unlimited free swaps after purchase and/or transmutation. ANet gets their sales and we get true cosmetic progression. Doesn’t look very promising so far, but I’ll reserve judgement until the 15th.

Was it?
I can only speak for myself of course, but I never assumed that they would remove a massive source of revenue and simply give it away for free without something replacing said revenue.
But I suppose that might just be me.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Was it?
I can only speak for myself of course, but I never assumed that they would remove a massive source of revenue and simply give it away for free without something replacing said revenue.

I know that I was expecting it to go to free. If you think about it, I believe the player base will be much more willing to buy a skin or set if it was unlocked for all characters and it was free to switch the skins. The fact that you have to pay to switch the look of your gear after purchasing/earning it is ludicrous, and I have always thought that.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Was it?

its not no source or revenue, its one time per piece. (according to what the poster above said) which is essentially all they ever get from most players anyhow. The current system the vast majority of people dont transmute over something they ever intend to use again, this new system wont change that very much.

They are infact lowering their profit in my eyes, because people who like fashion generally want to be able to pick and choose from their favorites, not to have to pay every time they change. They have no problem paying in order to actually have access to something. They do have problems having to pay every time they use something, UNLESS the fee is minimal as to be ignored. at the current rates, it is no where near the price point for a service fee, at 24-30 gold per set.
people simply wont change very often like they currently do now.

Posted by: Kaya.6082

Kaya.6082

Question, what about pvp exclusive gear such as the masquarade set, etc? Are pvp gears included in the Wardrobe system? Also, now that glory is removed and such, how can players who haven’t ranked up enough able to obtain said gear? Will it be obtainable in pve someday?

Attachments:

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

Question: PvP Cultural Armor (glory vendor) and the Emperor achievements

Currently (as far as I am aware), purchasing a set of cultural armor from the glory vendor does not count towards the Emperor achievements. Based on the Wardrobe FAQ, it sounds like under the Wardrobe system, PvP cultural armor will unlock those skins, so it is really no different from purchasing them in PvE. Will this be addressed to award Emperor progress? If I purchase a set now (before the vendor goes away presumably when the Feature patch hits), will progress be awarded retroactively?

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

Posted by: Kaya.6082

Kaya.6082

Question, what about pvp exclusive gear such as the masquarade set, etc? Are pvp gears included in the Wardrobe system? Also, now that glory is removed and such, how can players who haven’t ranked up enough able to obtain said gear? Will it be obtainable in pve?

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

I think they should have made it “pay to add it into locker” then switch free after.