Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yitsul.8342

Yitsul.8342

any compensation for gem store skins converted to PvP?

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

How is it known that a transmutation charge will be required to transmute a below level 80 equip?

Since crystals are being converted to charges at a 1:1 ratio and stones at a 3:1 ratio, logic would dictate that a transmutation charge is required for any transmute, regardless of level.

Posted by: Kirito.8706

Kirito.8706

Whilst there’s a lot of hype around this idea, there’s still a lot of things about it that I don’t like.
The foremost being that it is even going to cost. Now, I see a lot of people comparing this update to the wardrobe system in DC Universe, which allows players to switch between previously collected costume pieces on the fly, without incurring any charges what so ever. Of course, we have to consider that whilst this is true. Guild wars also offer nearly every feature in the game for free whilst DC Universe requires a paid subscription in order to unlock the best content it has to offer, but lets not stray away from the topic here. Guild Wars has a perfectly good reason for charging player to change to another costume piece they have collected in their respective players wardrobe. However, what I will say is. I can’t see it working when a player is incurred charges every time they want to make a change to his or her costume. I mean, I can understand the first time you change a piece exotic armour to look like that ascended sword you worked so hard to make. Or visa versa (because who is going to make an exotic look like an ascended they have) But to walk around for a while and think, eh…I want to go back to how I looked before, now that I have walked around a little I kind of miss the look I had before. But, that is going to cost me again! So I guess I’ll stay looking like this, which I now see as a mistake. Maybe I shouldn’t jump in a pay for the transmutation charges so hastily next time?

Now, if you wasn’t charged for changing back into your old costume. Say, if the change was a one time payment per character for each piece of armour?
So, if you want you ascended sword to look like a cool exotic you liked. You gotta pay, but you want that same skin on the armour for your other build! Well that’s free!

Ah, but I don’t like it anymore Oh, but it’s free to change back to how I looked before as well! :O In which case, I don’t have to think twice before using up transmutation charges on another costume! And whilst I’m at it, I think I might just work towards unlocking all the costume pieces for this particular character.

I think this approach will not only be more profitable, because the encouragement to purchase more and more transmutation charges to permanently unlock more and more armour skins would just be overwhelming! I know that this this new wardrobe feature (although I am excited to see it) is not going to fix the problem people have with lugging around several different sets of armour so they can enjoy different looks. It will indeed make things easier! Which I guess is what ArenaNet state was the reason for this update. But I still can’t help but feel like this isn’t going to make me get the actual best out of my character knowing that every skin change for my armour is at the risk of being a waste of money. Since for most people, it does take a good while running around in their new skin to realise “Eh, I don’t really like it” Personally, that is exactly what prevents me from putting my hand in my pocket to but transmutation Shards in the first place!

Of course, this is only my humble opinion. But I really do feel that people are going to be a lot more interested in collected armour pieces and buying Transmutation Charges if it’s towards permanently collecting those armour sets. I mean, Look at it this way. Would you bother collected a whole bunch of dyes if you had to pay every time you applied them? Fortunately with dye’s you only really need to pay the first you buy them, which is why they are such a success. Whether it’s brought with in game currency, or through random dye sets purchased within the gem store. I don’t know, I just know that me, personally. I’m going to be kind of afraid when it comes to changing my armour over, regardless of being able to preview it before hand purely on the notion that, It’s going to cost me even more if I don’t like it :P

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

yep kirito, as a consolation, based on the amount it seems like they are making it available in spvp, its possible they will introduce more ways to obtain charges.

This will make it a lot better for people who just want to change looks once inawhile, but it wont change that much for people who like to change a lot, or RP. It also wont make anet much money if they provide it fairly easily ingame.

So yeah unlock still probably best solution, but if the game hands out transmutation charges fairly easily, at least people will make use of the system, and hunt skins more.

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

My query is : "Will we be able to add skin from medium or cloth armor to Heavy armor?
So my Warrior would have Heavy armor on but have skins of medium armor.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My query is : "Will we be able to add skin from medium or cloth armor to Heavy armor?

No, you’re still limited to only the armor in your type.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Aww… so technically all they really did is add the PVP locker to your inventory / Bank slots now.. It’s still good idea though. Would’ve been cool have my warrior in cloth armor.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Aww… so technically all they really did is add the PVP locker to your inventory / Bank slots now.. It’s still good idea though. Would’ve been cool have my warrior in cloth armor.

Essentially. Yes, it’s just a skin locker that once you unlock a skin you have it permanently now, and it’s shared between pve and pvp. It’s also supposed to have all of the gear skins from across the game. I look forward to filling it… grin

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Essentially. Yes, it’s just a skin locker that once you unlock a skin you have it permanently now, and it’s shared between pve and pvp. It’s also supposed to have all of the gear skins from across the game. I look forward to filling it… grin

just to clear up this, for those who may not understand what you said.
It unlocks the appearance if you obtain one of the items, which you can pay charges to change into every and any time you make costume change

(just to clearify that you cannot actually use the appearances you unlock without paying a transmutation charge each time)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

just to clear up this, for those who may not understand what you said.
It unlocks the appearance if you obtain one of the items, which you can pay charges to change into every and any time you make costume change

(just to clearify that you cannot actually use the appearances you unlock without paying a transmutation charge each time)

Yeah, have to clearly call out the use of trans charges for some. Though I really don’t understand why…. it works the same way the current system works in that regard.

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I got 2 Twuilights and 1 sunrise. If I make eternity will I also have sunrise still after the patch or what happens?

Posted by: DaG.5103

DaG.5103

“If you have an item that has gone through skin progression, like a legendary weapon or one of the Spinal Blade backpacks from the “Escape from Lion’s Arch” and “Battle for Lion’s Arch” releases, you will unlock all of the skins in that direct line of progression. That means that if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account. If you’ve created the Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades, you’ll unlock that skin and all previous Spinal Blade skins.”

You will have Twilight, Sunrise, and Eternity skins, and you will have a physical copy of Twilight and Eternity (that provides stats, infusions, runes, and stat-swapping).

Posted by: Chad.7869

Chad.7869

With the next patch bringing the wardrobe.( can’t wait! )
1.Will we still be able to earn the unique pvp armor skins? ( I already know there is no more “pvp gear” )
2. Will GW2 remember all the skins we have found, or will we have to re-find them?
3. Will the skins that you buy from the tradeing post / events, still take inv. space or will they jest go to the wardrobe?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeah, have to clearly call out the use of trans charges for some. Though I really don’t understand why…. it works the same way the current system works in that regard.

Visually it is closer to the PvP locker than the current trans system – and PvP locker does not require any charges. I’m not surprised people (and especially PvP players) are getting confused.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The pvp armor that I am wearing, like right now this second….

What happens to it?

If skins are being normalized across game modes, it seems like its just going to disappear.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The pvp armor that I am wearing, like right now this second….

What happens to it?

If skins are being normalized across game modes, it seems like its just going to disappear.

Iirc from the dev reply in the pvp forums, you will be completely stripped of pvp gear and those skins will be auto dumped into the wardrobe

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Visually it is closer to the PvP locker than the current trans system – and PvP locker does not require any charges. I’m not surprised people (and especially PvP players) are getting confused.

Yes, and no. People seem to get confused by plain English anymore. It’s like they read what they think it should say, or what they want it to say. Not what it’s actually saying.

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

So for example, I have some shoulder skins that isn’t aviable in PvE at all for some weird reason, only in PvP. I’ll get those in PvE aswell post-patch?

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

So for example, I have some shoulder skins that isn’t aviable in PvE at all for some weird reason, only in PvP. I’ll get those in PvE aswell post-patch?

That is correct.
There will be new PVP Exclusive skins as well ( Balthazar Back Piece)

Posted by: Antubis.8935

Antubis.8935

I have a question, I’ve had a quick look and done a search but I can’t see an answer.

When you buy skins off the gem store you have the option to apply the skin to a single piece of PvE armour or convert it into three PvP skins, a Light, a Medium and a Heavy.

With the new wardrobe system will there be a way to get the two other armour class skins that you would have got if you converted instead of applying to PvE?

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

wow thanks a lot

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Just remember, pvp gear will disappear from your toon after patch. Remember to check the wardrobe before panic sets in!

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I have a question, I’ve had a quick look and done a search but I can’t see an answer.

When you buy skins off the gem store you have the option to apply the skin to a single piece of PvE armour or convert it into three PvP skins, a Light, a Medium and a Heavy.

With the new wardrobe system will there be a way to get the two other armour class skins that you would have got if you converted instead of applying to PvE?

It’ll probably either have 3 weights attached to it and only 1 slot….meaning that it can be used for all 3 armor classes…

or

It’ll continue to have 3 different slots (1 per light/med/heavy) like it shows in the pvp locker currently.

I think so far it has been very few pieces that do that. Head pieces, some shoulders and some gloves. The only boots I know that do that are those that I’m not certain anyone even has yet…Radiant Boots and the Hellfire Boots.

Posted by: Ventru.5302

Ventru.5302

What about past living world events skins? I had some of them and used or deleted them to save some free space in bank. Could they be unlocked if the past requirements were met? Could they be usable like the AP skins?

Posted by: Osiris Shadow.5890

Osiris Shadow.5890

I’m thinking that this is correct, but, do you guys know if the wardrobe will include the starting armor of some professions? Like the Necro/Mesmer head pieces, Guard helmet/shoulders, Thief hoods, and Engi back. And will they be able to be use don the same armor types?
Just want to make sure we get these before we can’t do the make new character and transmute to another tactic.

Astralporing.1957

I’m thinking that this is correct, but, do you guys know if the wardrobe will include the starting armor of some professions? Like the Necro/Mesmer head pieces, Guard helmet/shoulders, Thief hoods, and Engi back. And will they be able to be use don the same armor types?
Just want to make sure we get these before we can’t do the make new character and transmute to another tactic.

After the change you will be able to create the character, and salvage (or just bind) the desired piece of armor. It will get unlocked in the wardrobe. You could then delete that char and repeat the process for all other starter pieces.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Osiris Shadow.5890

Osiris Shadow.5890

Sweet. Just making sure the skins that arent acquired elsewhere will be put in as well.

Also, do we know if the “refund dyes” we get for multiples of dyes on characters will be account-bound or not?

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

So I carry around four separate sets of gear in my bags because I use them all for different aspects of the game (Commanding, Roaming, and PvE). With everything becoming selectable, will hear presets become selectable or not?

Posted by: DoRnbush.7984

DoRnbush.7984

So my full sets of ascended armor are becoming account-bound… Great news! But what if I’ve transmuted the ascended armor with cultural armor? Or put a set of “Soulbound on Acquire” runes from a dungeon vendor in the armor? Has anything been said about how this will be handled?

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

For the avoidance of all doubt, I have a niggling query.

Those PvP armour items that your alts are wearing in PvP when the patch hits: Will they disappear entirely, or will they be automatically included within the Wardrobe?

We all know the PvP locker will be transferred to the Wardrobe in some fashion, but to be on the safe side, should I un-equip all PvP armour skins and place them in the locker if I want those skins to be unlocked after the patch goes live?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What about my PvP skins?

PvP skins and PvE skins will no longer be mutually exclusive. This means that any skin that you unlocked for PvP will be available in your Wardrobe after the character wearing gear with equipped PvP skins visits the Heart of the Mists. In addition, any skins that were in your PvP Locker will be unlocked upon arriving at the Heart of the Mists.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

You can find more Dev-posted information in the Dev Tracker about PvP armor/skins and the wardrobe.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Just wanna know if weapons will be needed to be re-equiped to be account bound or not..

Reason for asking is I have 2 Volcanus on 2 seperate toons and 2 Whisperblades on my Mesmer and I know a few people who have double Incinirator and just curious if we are able to sell off the pointless skin of the double or if our 400g + spending/crafting and time consumption will fall under wasted gold and effort?

I know no one would like it if I stole a famous painting and photocopied it then dumped the originals into a black hole.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

By my understanding account/soul bound items will keep the same way, except ascended and legendary that will change from soulbound to account bound.
Anyway, you won’t be able to sell the items you have equipped already.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I may have missed this information, so I’ll ask it here: when the wardrobe hits, can you use the skins you’ve unlocked for PvP as well (from those AP milestone boxes for a PvE’r like me) for your everyday PvE outfit?

Astralporing.1957

I may have missed this information, so I’ll ask it here: when the wardrobe hits, can you use the skins you’ve unlocked for PvP as well (from those AP milestone boxes for a PvE’r like me) for your everyday PvE outfit?

Yes. PvP locker will get merged into Wardrobe system

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Piorn Cruz.4380

Piorn Cruz.4380

What will happen to headgear that doesn’t have an armor class before it’s used?
Like the crimson glowing eyes, or scarlet’s helmet?
Will the wardrobe have all 3?
What if we applied them already?

Posted by: Kingkiller.9645

Kingkiller.9645

So with the announcement of the wardrobe, I have a few (8) questions. Brace yourself; they’re lengthy.

First, ascended gear and weapons. It costs a fortune to craft one, as well as have level 500 in crafting in a specific trade. What if we have double, or triples? Will one of our skins be turned into a corresponding amount of transmutation charges? It would seem really kittenty if we suddenly had this hard-earned and rare item suddenly useless because you have it everywhere.

Second, will our skin-based items disappear to consume the skin? I’d rather not have my dragon wings disappear… Their traits are unique.

Third, the trading post. Will we be able to buy skins from the trading post? Will there be restrictions (aka: can’t sell limited skins, such as Fervid Censer and Mad Memories, both)? And to follow up on this, if we can, can we unlock multiples of the same skin, similar to collectibles?! Or just sell extras that we made prior or after the update (aka: crafting weapons with unique skins is now crafting skins, like the corrupted weapons that are craft-able)?

Fourth, pre-transmuted items. Now ANET said that we’d be able to unlock both the first and the last skin… What if we’ve transmuted it say, twice? Will that middle skin be lost? Or is the very first one lost? Or do we keep them all? Do you even have records of what we’ve transmuted?

Fifth, rings and trinkets. Small skins, but still skins… Will these be added as well?

Sixth (almost done!) I had a Polly doll until very recently (destroyed it). It was a cool skin, but you couldn’t transmute it and it had level 5 stats, so I got rid of it… Will we get skins like this, for items we’ve recently destroyed? I’m kinda kittened about that.

Seventh, transmutation charges. Stones and crystals came as rewards for map completion, loot from chests and bonus chests, Black Lion Trading Company chests, and various other things. Will we receive charges in the same way?

Finally, saving the best for last, legendaries. Ah, legendaries. I have a few questions about them.
First of all, two things ANET said contradict themselves.
First, they said that legendaries and ascended items would become account-bound instead of soul-bound, that including both future and currently-equipped items. Does this mean that those skins won’t be added the the wardrobe?
But wait, that doesn’t make sense, because ANET also said
" if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account" (more on this quote in a minute)
(I’ll paste the direct links to where ANET has said both of these things below.)
So which is it? Is the legendary unlocked as a skin? Or is the legendary moved to account-bound? Or is it both, and we keep the original legendary but have access to more? If this is the case, what happens to people who dual-wield incinerators, or have two of the same legendary for two characters?
There isn’t much compensation you can offer someone for something that’s basically the end goal of the game, taking months at least to acquire.
Now back to that quote from earlier. " if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account" So this means that Dusk and Dawn will essentially be becoming one legendary? What will happen to the crafting requirement? Combining for Eternity? Forget that, what happens to people who have crafted both, or have crafted Eternity? I know I’d be kittened. There goes months of crafting two or three items when I could have just made one or two, and had a second or third-craft able easily within a few hours!!!
Lastly, if legendaries become skins for the wardrobe, what happens to selling legendaries? Will the legendaries on the TP become skins for their owners, stay as they are, or change to skins and stay on the TP? This also correlates to the previous question I asked about how skins and the TP would relate to each other.

Thanks for answering anyone, and sorry for it being so long!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/account-bound-wxp-legendaries-and-ascended-gear/

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

I’m not sure you are using the term “skin” properly. A skin is just the appearance of the item, not the actual equipable item.

Kingkiller.9645

I’m not sure you are using the term “skin” properly. A skin is just the appearance of the item, not the actual equipable item.

That’s the basis of most of my questions. I agree with you, but from what ANET has written it sounds like they’re contradicting that, especially with Legendaries.

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

smithkt.8062

I’ve reread your message a couple of times, and I guess I just don’t understand what you are asking.

For example, regarding the legendaries, if you made twilight, you will still have twilight as an equipable item, with it’s stats and ability to change stats out of combat. You will now also be able to skin another non-legendary sword so that it appears like twilight, but it will not suddenly become twilight. You still only have one twilight.

The conversion to account bound means you will be able to move your twilight to another toon as desired. But you still only have one twilight.

Kingkiller.9645

I’ve reread your message a couple of times, and I guess I just don’t understand what you are asking.

For example, regarding the legendaries, if you made twilight, you will still have twilight as an equipable item, with it’s stats and ability to change stats out of combat. You will now also be able to skin another non-legendary sword so that it appears like twilight, but it will not suddenly become twilight. You still only have one twilight.

The conversion to account bound means you will be able to move your twilight to another toon as desired. But you still only have one twilight.

Actually the quote said make one and you’d have access to BOTH twilight AND dusk, which is what the question was about.

But not really. Go and transmute something. You have three things to change. The rune, the stats, and the skin/name. The skin/name come together.
If I transmute an ascended item with Twilight, opting to have different stats but at the same level, it’s still twilight. Why? Because I transmute it to be.
The name comes with the skin.
If I made an ascended greatsword with the exact same stats as Twilight, then used the wardrobe skin to make it into twilight and equipped the appropriate rune to it, would it be Twilight? Because I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between it and the original. Using this method, I could make 6 Twilights.

Posted by: CowAbductionInc.9687

CowAbductionInc.9687

Actually the quote said make one and you’d have access to BOTH twilight AND dusk, which is what the question was about.

But not really. Go and transmute something. You have three things to change. The rune, the stats, and the skin/name. The skin/name come together.
If I transmute an ascended item with Twilight, opting to have different stats but at the same level, it’s still twilight. Why? Because I transmute it to be.
The name comes with the skin.
If I made an ascended greatsword with the exact same stats as Twilight, then used the wardrobe skin to make it into twilight and equipped the appropriate rune to it, would it be Twilight? Because I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between it and the original. Using this method, I could make 6 Twilights.

I believe you might be quoting when they mentioned those who have crafted Eternity. The post mentions that you’ll get any precursors/weps used to make legendaries, so for Eternity, which requires both Twilight and Dawn, you’ll have access to both of those skins PLUS the eternity skin.

smithkt.8062

No, you’d have six ascended greatswords, that LOOKED like twilight. They would not have the same stats as Twilight since the legendaries are always guaranteed to be best inc class stats. They also would not have the ability to change stats while out of combat. If you make a zerker ascended greatsword, it will ALWAYS be a zerker ascended greatsword. But the legendary greatsword can be changed at will. Sentinel, zerker, dire, whatever you need for the toon using it.

They are not Twilight. Just look like it.

Kingkiller.9645

You’re partially right. It WAS in the same paragraph. However, what I quoted was a direct copy-paste. They never said Eternity, they said Twilight.
Here, I’ll quote the paragraph.

If you have an item that has gone through skin progression, like a legendary weapon or one of the Spinal Blade backpacks from the “Escape from Lion’s Arch” and “Battle for Lion’s Arch” releases, you will unlock all of the skins in that direct line of progression. That means that if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account. If you’ve created the Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades, you’ll unlock that skin and all previous Spinal Blade skins.

See? Unlock Twilight and you have access to both Twilight and Dusk… Explain how that makes sense? They MUST have proof-readers, I doubt this was a typo.

Kingkiller.9645

No, you’d have six ascended greatswords, that LOOKED like twilight. They would not have the same stats as Twilight since the legendaries are always guaranteed to be best inc class stats. They also would not have the ability to change stats while out of combat. If you make a zerker ascended greatsword, it will ALWAYS be a zerker ascended greatsword. But the legendary greatsword can be changed at will. Sentinel, zerker, dire, whatever you need for the toon using it.

They are not Twilight. Just look like it.

Actually ascended stats are just as good as Legendary stats. Look it up. And I did say ascended, so you would still have 6 Twilights.

Posted by: CowAbductionInc.9687

CowAbductionInc.9687

Ah, right, I had forgotten the wording of the post. My bad

I feel Anet kept the distinction between an original weapon and “skin” consistent throughout the post. If you craft Twilight, then have ONE (1) Twilight, which is a legendary item. You then have access to convert the LOOK (not Legendary status) of any greatsword so that it LOOKS like Twilight (but does NOT have Legendary status, and cannot be used in the crafting of Eternity, nor does it have the same stats as Twilight). Similarly, you’ll have the skin for Dusk, so you can convert the LOOK of any greatsword so that it LOOKS like Dusk (but is NOT a precursor, and cannot be used as such).

In the example of having crafted Twilight, the end result is this: you have ONE (1) Legendary sword, Twilight. You have 0 precursors, as the one that you had originally was consumed in crafting Twilight. You can convert the LOOK of any greatsword to LOOK like either Dusk or Twilight, but you will not, by virtue of converting the skin of an item, have any additional precursors or legendary weapons simply by using the wardrobe.

Hope that cleared that question up

smithkt.8062

OK. I stand corrected on the stats. There is however still an important distinction. The actual Twilight can have it’s stats changed on the fly, the ascended weapons can not. In the event they decided to release something above ascended, the Twilight will be improved. The fake Twilights will not.

Kingkiller.9645

OK. I stand corrected on the stats. There is however still an important distinction. The actual Twilight can have it’s stats changed on the fly, the ascended weapons can not. In the event they decided to release something above ascended, the Twilight will be improved. The fake Twilights will not.

Wasn’t aware of the on-the-fly changes. Thanks!

Kingkiller.9645

So if I have a random greatsword named “plurpurple” and apply dusk to it… Normally it would be renamed “Dusk” and have the looks of Dusk, as well as whatever rarity Dusk had. Is this not the case? Will it still be named “plurpurple”?

smithkt.8062

So if I have a random greatsword named “plurpurple” and apply dusk to it… Normally it would be renamed “Dusk” and have the looks of Dusk, as well as whatever rarity Dusk had. Is this not the case? Will it still be named “plurpurple”?

I don’t know as far as the name. I did not see this information provided in any of the blog posts/threads to date.

The rarity of the item will not change.