Feedback/Questions: Town clothes, Costumes, & Combat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Serezenith.3501

Serezenith.3501

Sorry about the mix-and-match. Converting things to be armor and combat compatible did come with some trade-offs. For the most part we tried to favor mixing with armor slots and skins (a lot more possible combinations). Hopefully we’ll see more consistently usable customization now that part of it isn’t hidden in town clothes that get turned off every fight. Outfits come as a set and equip as a set with the added benefit of not costing charges or requiring items to apply onto additional characters.

But we didn’t mind the fact that town clothing couldn’t be used in combat!

It’s no secret that you’re addressing mostly roleplayers in this thread. Town clothing is, as the name implies, used primarily in towns and defended settlements, and that is where most of the people who use it spend their time. They might wear their combat armour when they want to travel, or they could even hire guards to accompany them keep the beasts of the wild away.

I, for one, adore the fact that skins are now account-wide, reusable, and generally much easier to access, not to mention all the improvements made to the dye system.

But I don’t know if this is a trade-off I would have consented to if given the option.

The extra time to obtain additional skins, the inventory space required to house them, and the cost to buy dyes for every character would have been negligible to me at the side of roleplay customisation options, as that’s primarily what I play for.

Everything I work for on the PvP and PvE side of things contributes to things I want for my alts when I’m roleplaying, so you can probably understand why I and so many others feel slightly shunted by this.

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Lets see 7 pages of all negative reviews on this ( and only in the first ½ of the day that we find out) , I think anet needs to sit down with PR and Dev to get this changed then send out a notice. Here I will even right a rough draft for them eehhhhmmmm…….

Due to the recent review on the changes that will affect how Town Cloths work, in the coming feature patch on April 15th, we have decided to change our previous mention on how town clothes where being changed. Now ALL current, past, and future town cloths will be converted into skins that will then be added to the upcoming wardrobe. This will there by continue to allow people to mix and match town close with each other and with armor skins. Sadly due to this being a last minute change for the feature patch this change will most likely not make it in time for April 15, but will be delay to a later unset release date. We here at Anet would like to apologize for any inconvenience or heart ack that this might have caused players. Let this change we a sign that we here do listen and act on the suggestions of our loving, kind, and almighty players who we love dearly, to the best of our abilities.

There that should get you started but you might want to add your own touch’s to it.

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

Well… Anet is going to feel this in the bank account when they have several thousand refund tickets to plow through… as well as the sales drop that I am sure will hit the cosmetic items section of the cash shop.

I think a compromise here could be that the Town clothes could still be the tonics (still a terrible idea), but let us have the option to wear whatever hat we feel like.

It’s good that you are letting us hide pieces like shoulders and gloves and hat, since for some reason you still haven’t learned how to make hats that don’t auto-shave the character’s head lol. Even Lotro managed to do this years ago, and it’s older than GW2.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Sorry about the mix-and-match. Converting things to be armor and combat compatible did come with some trade-offs.

Excuse me one second but, there are no technology hurdles to this. It’s simply a matter of time and effort. Which should still be able to be completed. Heck, the player base could accomplish it ourselves it we had access under the hood.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

If it was possible to mix them till now and play (even on the costume brawl fights), it can’t be impossible to convert them to armor skins. Or at least leave the system as it is.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Sorry about the mix-and-match. Converting things to be armor and combat compatible did come with some trade-offs.

Excuse me one second but, there are no technology hurdles to this. It’s simply a matter of time and effort. Which should still be able to be completed. Heck, the player base could accomplish it ourselves it we had access under the hood.

No. You couldn’t. You’d just break something else and let loose an entirely different angry horde. But eff them. You got what YOU wanted, right?

Stop pretending you could do their jobs better than they can. You can’t.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I think a compromise here could be that the Town clothes could still be the tonics (still a terrible idea), but let us have the option to wear whatever hat we feel like.

Please, no! I never wore an entire set and have no intention to. I paid for the pieces, not the whole.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Almost every costume in game has at least one ugly piece!

Are you kidding???? More like every set MIGHT HAVE ONE good looking piece! That’s why we have to mix and match….

Completely agree. I bought witches costume for boots. Wintersday for… boots. Pirate for anything but the horrendous boots.

And of course the awesome khaki shorts, dragon emblem shirt, hoodies, and bunny ears will now give me a random assortment of bland clothing and not even be usable in combat. And probably disappear on waypoint. Great.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

Outfits can still be dyed, They will have up to 4 dye channels depending on the outfit.

Sorry about the mix-and-match. Converting things to be armor and combat compatible did come with some trade-offs. For the most part we tried to favor mixing with armor slots and skins (a lot more possible combinations). Hopefully we’ll see more consistently usable customization now that part of it isn’t hidden in town clothes that get turned off every fight. Outfits come as a set and equip as a set with the added benefit of not costing charges or requiring items to apply onto additional characters.

Thanks for reply. This alleviates some of my worries — I’m glad I’ll still be able to dye them, and I’m glad that I won’t have to pay trans charges whenever I want to equip my wintersday outfit or standard townclothes. That’s good news.

However, it is indeed sad about the mixing and matching. Maybe there’ll still be a way to re-implement it, if in a later patch.

Also, could you please tell me if the ruched / cherry blossom shirts will be available in the store again at some point? I missed out on buying them and didn’t think they’d be a limited item. I also would have thought that those would have been especially fit of being part of the wardrobe, seeing as they look like regular, pretty clothing that would mix well with most light armor, as opposed to more “out there” town clothes.

(edited by Awbee.8405)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

No. You couldn’t. You’d just break something else and let loose an entirely different angry horde. But eff them. You got what YOU wanted, right?

Stop pretending you could do their jobs better than they can. You can’t.

At a point just saying it’s not impossible because it isn’t. It really requires the design team to get into this and do the conversion to make awesome things happen, even if it requires to visually affect the clothes, it’s better than the alternate solution.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

That’s one of the biggest problem with town clothes – we don’t really WANT the whole set, we want a piece or two from it. This pretty much removes our ability to…get what we paid for, pretty much, heh. I know I’ll be looking for a refund for my Wintersday outfit if I can’t wear the legs and boots without wearing the chestpiece I really, really don’t care for.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

If you insist on full town clothes sets then why don’t you ate least turn the hoodies and shorts etc into hoodie/shorts(pants)/sandals(shoes) combo sets. then we could at least dye them. Still would be lousy but it would be a whole lot better than carrying around a stupid undyable tonic all the time.

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

Please, no! I never wore an entire set and have no intention to. I paid for the pieces, not the whole.

But you DID pay for the whole set, you just happen to only use some of the pieces… I did say the tonics was still a bad idea… I just trying to give an optional way Anet could ease the pain of their impending face-plant.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I wanted to look like this, but now I will not be able to, I will be forced to wear the whole Mad King Thorn outfit, which is sad, really.

I dare to say that there shouldn’t be any problems at all to make these town clothes into skins like the rest of the armors so we can mix and match everything.

This is a huge step back.

Attachments:

Jabberwock.9014

If they can make one override slot they can make more. I am quite sure the reason they didn’t and are also doing this tonic ridiculousness, is to avoid people wearing “non-lore friendly” items such as khaki shorts in combat. As if it is so much better to have a horde of flaming pumpkin heads running around.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Well… Anet is going to feel this in the bank account when they have several thousand refund tickets to plow through… as well as the sales drop that I am sure will hit the cosmetic items section of the cash shop.

It’s good that you are letting us hide pieces like shoulders and gloves and hat, since for some reason you still haven’t learned how to make hats that don’t auto-shave the character’s head lol. Even Lotro managed to do this years ago, and it’s older than GW2.

Highly doubtful, also its seven pages OF THE SAME PEOPLE talking back and forth. This is such a small segment of the playerbase that I doubt they would notice if everyone in it quit today.

Posted by: Wote.3627

Wote.3627

It’s no secret that you’re addressing mostly roleplayers in this thread. Town clothing is, as the name implies, used primarily in towns and defended settlements, and that is where most of the people who use it spend their time. They might wear their combat armour when they want to travel, or they could even hire guards to accompany them keep the beasts of the wild away.

I, for one, adore the fact that skins are now account-wide, reusable, and generally much easier to access, not to mention all the improvements made to the dye system.

But I don’t know if this is a trade-off I would have consented to if given the option.

The extra time to obtain additional skins, the inventory space required to house them, and the cost to buy dyes for every character would have been negligible to me at the side of roleplay customisation options, as that’s primarily what I play for.

Everything I work for on the PvP and PvE side of things contributes to things I want for my alts when I’m roleplaying, so you can probably understand why I and so many others feel slightly shunted by this.

Can I just sign this? Because this is pretty much everything that still bugs me about all this.

The Tyria Wildlife Fund: Having absolutely nothing to do with the Cyborg Moa Incident since 1325 AE.

… Yes, we know that it happened in 1326 AE. We had that little to do with it. We swear.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

If they can make one override slot they can make more. I am quite sure the reason they didn’t and are also doing this tonic ridiculousness, is to avoid people wearing “non-lore friendly” items such as khaki shorts in combat. As if it is so much better to have a horde of flaming pumpkin heads running around.

I suppose underboob thieves with cyan hair makes much more sense.

Posted by: AirimirOfGondor.9081

AirimirOfGondor.9081

Maybe we could get a list of how many, and which, town clothes items will be turned to tonics? Because the information we’ve been getting is very helpful, but I still have no idea which of my town clothes will be turned to tonics.

Posted by: plethomacademia.8265

plethomacademia.8265

I have bought many outfits for my roleplaying character. I never use the entire outfit, only pieces in a mix and match style. This change will make it so I cannot use the items as they were presented to me when I purchased them. While I am thrilled with the bulk of the changes that come with the wardrobe, I will be requesting a refund for all of my town clothes that I can no long mix and match, as they will no longer be functioning as they were sold to me.

(edited by plethomacademia.8265)

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Converting things to be armor and combat compatible did come with some trade-offs.

Clipping and the like I assume. It seems to me that people would rather have the problems initially and then slowly fixed and improved than to deal with the anet’s chosen solutions.

Posted by: Mochi.7083

Mochi.7083

This. This is exactly what I and at least 90% of the other people in this thread are trying to say. Roleplayers might be a small portion of your population but I can guarantee we’re a huge part of your profit margin. The only people who bought the hoodies, boots, pants, whatever that were in the gem shop are people who USE THEM FOR THIS PURPOSE. Not every toon’s characterization is befitting of a high-collared shirt and waistcoat. And let’s not forget that all the town clothes in the game except for the norn and human ones (and only human ones on rare occasions) are really godkitten ugly.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

At a point just saying it’s not impossible because it isn’t. It really requires the design team to get into this and do the conversion to make awesome things happen, even if it requires to visually affect the clothes, it’s better than the alternate solution.

There’s a difference between “impossible” and “not feasible.”

I don’t know what the limitations or restrictions are. I can only guess. So can anyone else. What I really am getting tired of are people with NO knowledge of the code or the systems involved pretending it’s something easily solved and its just a matter of being lazy or stupid.

What I can say is from what I’ve gleaned, no… it’s NOT something that would be easily managed. You’d have to adjust EVERY piece of town clothes to work with the animations involved. Not “impossible” by any stretch, but would it REALLY be worth the investment of time and manpower?

Arena.net apparently thinks “No.” You can try to convince them otherwise, like many have in this thread alone, but come on… we can also lay off the spiteful venom.

Ezekiel.1985

let me go ahead and spell this out since you guys (devs) don’t seem to be getting the message

PEOPLE WHO WORE TOWN CLOTHES DID NOT CARE THEY ARE NOT USABLE INCOMBAT

Is that really that difficult to understand? We care a lot more about mixing and matching that giving a crap about them being usable in combat. Come on. That’s just dense.

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

Anet should have looked at how a couple other companies have done their wardrobes. LotRO did a very good job with theirs. You could have different cosmetic outfits that you switched to. There is a small cost to unlock but it allows for so much diversity in outfits.

This wardrobe from Anet feels half thought out.

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

Posted by: Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Twyll Blackleaf.9641

So does this mean that endless tonics will become stackable?

Because otherwise, this completely removes the ability to stack the halo and devil horn tonics, very recent items, with the new town clothes, since you can only have one endless tonic active at a time. You would think that they might have thought of this while creating the halo and horns…

What baffles me is that apparently this system has been in development since the account wallet was introduced, and they didn’t think there would be a backlash about it? Nobody could come up with a better solution? Or did they literally just have the one poor guy working on it that whole time with nobody to make helpful comments or suggestions, no feedback at all?

Maybe the only people giving feedback were players with at least a dozen alts (therefore less affected by the drastic increase in dye price) who are all level 80 (therefore unaffected by transmutation stones being worth less) who never wear town clothes or costume brawl (therefore unaffected by the severe nerfing of our ability to look good in town clothes and the fact that toys will take up inventory space— yeah, the space thing will be offset by the new wardrobe, but who implements a feature only to make it less useful because now something ELSE is taking up space instead!?) or at least who only ever play Sylvari women (because those town clothes look good as a set) and NEVER play Charr (because those town clothes have okay-looking pants but awful-looking everything else and do NOT look good as a set).

Posted by: Arimina.3582

Arimina.3582

Please, no! For the love of the Pirate Captain Hat on Asura!

I bought the set knowing I could send the hat to one character and the bulk of the rest to another.

Attachments:

(edited by Arimina.3582)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m pretty happy with the current implementation, but yes, I do agree that it would be nice if outfits could also be mixed and matched. (Although I’m not sure that’s worth the tradeoff of being able to freely swap to outfits for free. If outfits got turned into armor skins, we’d have to spend Transmutation Charges to equip them, and I’d rather avoid that situation.)

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

let me go ahead and spell this out since you guys (devs) don’t seem to be getting the message

Is that really that difficult to understand? We care a lot more about mixing and matching that giving a crap about them being usable in combat. Come on. That’s just dense.

Let me go ahead and correct you, since you don’t seem to understand you’re not speaking for everyone: A lot of people hated that town clothes couldn’t be used in combat. This is something I’ve been frustrated about since beta, and I’m supremely happy they are finally fixing it.

It is a perfect solution? No. I also wish that mixing and matching were still possible, but I understand and accept why it isn’t. I recommend you try to do the same, instead of ranting futilely about it and pretending you’re a spokesperson for the rest of us, which you aren’t.

Jabberwock.9014

I don’t know what the limitations or restrictions are. I can only guess. So can anyone else. What I really am getting tired of are people with NO knowledge of the code or the systems involved pretending it’s something easily solved and its just a matter of being lazy or stupid.

What I can say is from what I’ve gleaned, no… it’s NOT something that would be easily managed. You’d have to adjust EVERY piece of town clothes to work with the animations involved. Not “impossible” by any stretch, but would it REALLY be worth the investment of time and manpower?

If you are just talking about a little clipping then… who honestly cares? If some combo clips THAT badly I just won’t use it. But with this solution they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Arena.net apparently thinks “No.” You can try to convince them otherwise, like many have in this thread alone, but come on… we can also lay off the spiteful venom.

Animations are general purpose. There is a reason why there are a million and one skyrim armor mods and a million more animation mods. You don’t have to worry about compatability, as long as the armors react to skeleton movement properly (which they obviously already do in GW2, since you can move and dodge roll and use toy skills and such just fine in any town clothes). This isn’t 2d spriting where you have to draw a new sprite for each animation and clothing combination.

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Constructive post:
Convert all town clothes pieces that are no longer available into mix-n-match instead of endless tonic. Dress-up dolls are big bidness.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Awbee.8405

But we will not be able to wear it with other head items such as the earmuffs, will we? I find it completely unacceptable that you are removing my ability to wear something I have had for almost one and a half years— in this case the Wintersday outfit with the earmuffs worn in place of the hat.

Oh god

I had completely forgotten that the earmuffs were NOT part of the wintersday outfit. I have always worn them together! They belong together!

Please, if nothing else, offer us different tonics with different variations? For example, give us one standard Wintersday outfit, one Wintersday outfit plus earmuffs, one Wintersday outfit plus Santa hat … and so on. It won’t completely replace the joys of mixing and matching, but at least make up for some of these otherwise lost combinations.

Attachments:

Ezekiel.1985

Let me go ahead and correct you, since you don’t seem to understand you’re not speaking for everyone: A lot of people hated that town clothes couldn’t be used in combat. This is something I’ve been frustrated about since beta, and I’m supremely happy they are finally fixing it.

It is a perfect solution? No. I also wish that mixing and matching were still possible, but I understand and accept why it isn’t. I recommend you try to do the same, instead of ranting futilely about it and pretending you’re a spokesperson for the rest of us, which you aren’t.

Please read what I said carefully. I was talking about people who actually used them as they were, not “everybody as a collective”. Those among us that actually wore and used town clothes as they were, I can guarantee you the vast majority do not care they weren’t used in combat.

With that said, you say “not possible”, and that’s just not true. It IS possible, they just don’t want to bother with it, which is incredibly stupid. Skin replacement is one of the easiest things out there in coding, when the skins are already present. It’s essentially like turning a light switch.

Posted by: kismet.5081

kismet.5081

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ornate_Ruched_Shirt
So will i be able to use this in combat (usable as armor skin)? or is this one of the items that they change into an endless tonic or whatever?

And i take it, Reading Glasses can now be used as armor skin for headgear?

Because it’s a single item it will become a tonic.

I thought they said that PROMOTIONAL items would become tonics? The glasses count as that? I hope not, because I was really looking forward to being able to wear glasses in combat. =/

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

So will i be able to use this in combat (usable as armor skin)? or is this one of the items that they change into an endless tonic or whatever?

I thought they said that PROMOTIONAL items would become tonics? The glasses count as that? I hope not, because I was really looking forward to being able to wear glasses in combat. =/

No need to worry, glasses are becoming a headgear skin, as you can see from this screenshot of the blog video:

Attachments:

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

you can wear the glasses – not the shirt

Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Highly doubtful, also its seven pages OF THE SAME PEOPLE talking back and forth. This is such a small segment of the playerbase that I doubt they would notice if everyone in it quit today.

Perhaps a small segment of the playerbase, but a large segment of the payerbase, if you will. ANet makes money through microtransactions without making the game pay-to-win by charging for 1) extra convenience/efficiency and 2) cosmetic items. Crippling the function of the cosmetic items makes absolutely no sense, as I doubt they’re going to subsist on endless harvesting tools and boosters (does anyone actually buy boosters, aside from communal bonfires?) alone. While the new wardrobe system initially seems to make the cosmetic aspect of things better, the pitiful exchange rate of transmutation stones to “charges” and the problems with town clothes actually cause big problems for the cosmetic side of their profit margin.

Also, do give people more than half a day to respond before you start talking about how few people are responding. The forums are a hive of scum and villainy that many of us prefer to avoid if possible, after all.

Awbee.8405

Please, no! For the love of the Pirate Captain Hat on Asura!

That is an amazing battlecry!

Also, your asura is beyond adorable, and I really hope she gets to keep her lovely outfit, including the hat

Posted by: cherrycola.3127

cherrycola.3127

I’m sorry, but this change is completely idiotic. If town clothes had been all-or-nothing sets with no mixing and matching when originally introduced, I would not have paid money for them at all.

Athayne Elora, Ele
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

The plan to change all this armors into tonic which place the same visual armor onto the char, and those work with the animations. So why can’t the normally individual ones? They all attach to the same base model, they move with the char body, each armor set isn’t individually animated for each move in game. (or at least I hope not in which case anet you need to go back to school to learn the correct way.)

In fact their current plan would take BY FAR longer to do in theory. Say pants 1 doesn’t have anything else in it “SET” now they have to design the shirt, boots, arms, shoulders, and possible the head piece as will, and resize/form it to every race.

or

They could use the current pieces, copy the model files, and put those on the attributes for normal armor skins, change a few setting and done for the most part. ( Not really the simply, but sure would beat their current way.) As for clipping issues fix them slowly over time, don’t worry about them now.

(edited by MasterMc.7543)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Aviator Cap/Layered Vest/Riding Gloves/Riding Pants/Riding Boots/Riding Broom

So this is now 4 tonics, a hat, and a toy?

How did anyone in the room keep a straight face while talking about this?

Attachments:

Posted by: AJP.8610

AJP.8610

All I can say about the incoming towns clothing change is…

Anet: prepare to refund people.

[VcY] Velocity ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Flemmox ~ Elementalist
Gormlaith Greycloak ~ Guardian

Posted by: Felix.9170

Felix.9170

While many features of the wardrobe system are welcome and exciting to myself, the dismantling of the town cloths system is not. I enjoy mixing the various articles to create different looks and have spent a lot of money buying town clothes in the gem store. It upsets me that these items are being casually destroyed as part of an “upgrade” especially as the distinction between what is becoming a skin and what becomes a tonic seems arbitrary. If I am reading correctly the Top Hat becomes a skin, the Aviator Sunglasses becomes a tonic and I won’t be able to use either of them with the Bloody Prince costume (as I do now). I find it especially frustrating that I bought several items when it was announced they were being discontinued, not knowing this was because they were being made obsolete. Some disclosure then would have been appropriate. I will likely not ask for refunds, in the hope that someday the functionality of these items will be restored in some way. However I will be very wary of spending any more money on gems as there seems to be no guarantee that what we are buying will remain true to what was advertized. In business customer confidence is everything. ArenaNet has lost mine.

Posted by: Nausicaa.9563

Nausicaa.9563

So as far as we know tonics are used because the respective town clothes aren’t available anymore, right?

I’m confident if you’d reintroduce these skins in the gemstore (if necessary as a big package instead of many little items) and would allow them to mix and match there would be a lot of demand for them. This would at least remove the issues of the tonics and most mix and match problems.

Posted by: Combination NC.9813

Combination NC.9813

Well, this escalated quickly. I just wanted to mention that I’m thrilled that we are getting the wardrobe system and the account wide dyes. I realize there are some tradeoffs but I’m fine with that.

People not being able to wear their floofy earmuffs with their floofy coats is very serious business. Messing with someone’s fashion is risky. One gets worked up when it comes to style.

I really am happy about the account wide dyes (frost dyes for everyone!) and wardrobe system (everyone gets four morays! etc) as it is something I have wanted since I started playing, but the disregard for the items people have bought with actual money really bothers me.

Since they could add one panel for townclothes to be used in combat, why not all panels, like the combat gear, with each piece of town clothing corresponding to one piece of combat gear? I think understanding why it was not/could not be done would help with the anger a lot more than a comment of “sorry about that”.

Oh god D:

I had completely forgotten that the earmuffs were NOT part of the wintersday outfit. I have always worn them together! They belong together! :(

Please, if nothing else, offer us different tonics with different variations? For example, give us one standard Wintersday outfit, one Wintersday outfit plus earmuffs, one Wintersday outfit plus Santa hat … and so on. It won’t completely replace the joys of mixing and matching, but at least make up for some of these otherwise lost combinations.

Seriously, can we get this, because I am dead serious about floofy earmuffs being very important, I love those things D:

Knights of the Round Vegetable [SASS], Tarnished Coast.

Ezekiel.1985

Gonna be very irate if I lose this appearance, which I spend most of my game time in

Attachments:

Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Is clipping really being quoted as an excuse here? Clipping!? My Asura’s helmets don’t have ear-holes but my ears clip right through them! My weapons clip through my ubiquitous-Medium-armor-trench-coats! Charr tails don’t just clip through the fabric of their armor; they clip through the fabric of reality itself!

All observable data point to the conclusion that the GW2 player base does not mind clipping all that much.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

And then we need to burn a transmutation charge whenever we want to move from town clothes to a combat look. Not great for roleplayers.

There is no transmutation charge to change outfits or toggle it on and off.
Transmutation charges are for applying new skins to specific armor pieces, same as now.

Yes outfits are all or nothing.
Yes wearable in combat. There will be no non-combat equipment anymore, unless you count tonics.

I have to say Curtis that this is a terrible system.

How will I be able to pull this look off in the all or nothing system?

Attachments:

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Angrod.7850

Angrod.7850

Hi, I’m a french player (sorry for the spelling mistakes) and I can say that I’m really disappointed by this new town clothes system.

I spent a lot of real money in this cash shop to get some pieces of thoses clothes and make my proper personnal town clothes.

Now I would not be abble to do this anymore and I would never wear my town clothes anymore because I hate them as entire sets. So I spent my money for something which is going to be removed, great…

Please Arena.net don’t do that and reconcider it ! We want to still be abble to mix and match !

Awbee.8405

Seriously, can we get this, because I am dead serious about floofy earmuffs being very important, I love those things

It also makes little sense to have them in the wardrobe for transmutation, but not being able to combine them with the wintersday outfit. They were pretty much made for them, and if they weren’t, then they should have been. What else would you pair the earmuffs with?

Wearing sole earmuffs while fighting a dragon combined with 99% of the armor in game will just look silly. Earmuffs with heavy armor? Right. Let’s not. They belong with the Wintersday outfit

The ruched / cherry blossom / country shirts on the other hand would allow for some beautiful combinations with light and medium armor. I already had some gorgeous outfits in mind when I found out that it was impossible …